Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And the journey continues for Evangeline and John.  Is it a bumpy road or smooth sailing ahead?




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Things best left forgotten

 

 

(After all that has happened Evangeline takes time to give thanks.)

 

 

Chapter 8

 

So the week of Thanksgiving was the beginning of our new relationship.  We spend that week looking for an apartment for John that we did find in a new development not far from my apartment. By Christmas we have it all decorated just as John likes and of course he keeps his slot machine but otherwise buys all new furniture and linens and everything.  He said that he didn’t want to take anything from the old apartment.  I do go home for Christmas and John spends his with Michael and Marcie.  We do speak on the phone and my mother even spoke with John. I made a point not to listen in on their conversation.  On my birthday John took me out to dinner but not at the Palace like we did last year.  He says that he wants to go to different places other than the Palace and Roadies.  He found this restaurant out on Route 2 that has great food and sometimes they have live music.  He is right the food is great and that night they have a live band so we have dinner and dancing.  I have such a good time.  

 

When we make it back to my apartment he presents me with my birthday present.  It is not a string of pearls and I am thankful that he doesn’t try to give his mother’s pearls to me again. Instead he gives me a nice tennis bracelet but it is wrapped in a big box so I think that something else is in the box so I keep pulling out paper.  At the bottom of the box is another smaller box.  I open it and inside is a princess cut diamond engagement ring.  I pull the ring from the box with one hand and the other hand is over my mouth.  I look up at John and he is beaming.  He takes the ring from my hand and kneels in front of me.

 

 

“Evangeline Williamson, the love of my life, when I thought that all was lost you entered my life and gave me hope.  You loved me when I did not love myself. My life is incomplete without you.  Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife and make this old bum from Atlantic City the happiest man in the world.”

 

“Oh Johnny! John McBain I would be honored to be your wife.”

 

Evangeline you are that someone who walked into my life and made me see why it never worked out with anyone else.  We will have a wonderful life together and I will love you through it all.”

 

He places the ring on my finger and we hug and kiss.  We sit on the sofa basking in our joy.  I don’t want to move.  Everything just feels so perfect.  John and I have come a long way since we met in Angel Square Park and it has not been an easy journey but here we are together again and happier than we ever thought we would be.  We will not take this for granted, either of us.  Our life together will be unforgettable.

 

 

A/N:  Well we’ve come to the end of another JOVAN story.  I hope that you have enjoyed the read.  Thnx to all of you who read it and those who left reviews.  Your time and effort are much appreciated.  If any of you have any requests for other JOVAN stories and have ideas for story plots, leave a note in your review or send a PM.  Special thnx to blessedsoul and that(dot)d***(dot)pebbles for your constant reviews and encouragement.  This writer owes you a debt that I hope that I repay in my writing of stories.






Chapter End Notes:

That's all folks!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.