Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another day and another letter.  What will this one reveal?




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Dear John letters

 

(This chapter is a bit short.  Trying to show the effect that the first letter has on John.  Don’t want this to get into the realm of supernatural because that is really not my forte but do want to show how these letters cause John to replay and reassess many of his interactions with Evangeline. Give me some feedback. Thnx.) 

 

Chapter 2            First reaction

 

 

Do you remember when you were a kid and got a treat?  You wanted to savor it.  You didn’t want to eat it fast but you wanted to sip, nip, or just make it last as long as you could.  Well that’s how I want to savor these letters from Evangeline.  I don’t want to read them all at once.  I now have something else from her that I can treasure.  So I take the box of clothes and put them in my closet but the letters I put in my nightstand to read each night before I go to bed.  The letter with the kiss mark I take again and read.

 

I remember the night of her birthday.  I was late to arrive and RJ was standing talking to her.  She was seated at the table and I bent down and kissed her cheek.  We ate dinner and then she wanted to open her present but I suggested that we go to the patio for a little privacy.  She was hesitant to receive the pearls but I insisted. They looked so good on her. That would have been a golden opportunity for me to tell her how grateful I was to have her in my life. Why did I fight my feelings for her? 

 

Preparing for bed I lay the letter on the pillow next to me.  She would use that pillow when she slept here with me. I fall into a restful sleep.

 

(Dreaming)

 

/I’m on the patio again with Evangeline.  We’re sitting at the table and the box of pearls is there.  I present them to her.  She tells me that she can’t accept them without a greater commitment.  I tell her to turn around and I place them on her neck.  I tell her how beautiful they look on her.  I kiss her.

 

“Evangeline there is no one else I would want to wear these pearls.  They were special to my mother since my father gave them to her.  You are special to me.  I know that I have a difficult time expressing my feelings but I hope in some small way that my giving you these pearls let’s you know how I feel.  I’m working at expressing myself more Evangeline.  Please be patient with me.”

 

I never said that to her.  I should have.  It was what I was feeling but just couldn’t say it./

 

I wake refreshed and remember the dream about Evangeline’s birthday.  How could I have been such a fool?  Always thinking that I was not worthwhile to have her love made me squander it and now what do I have, nothing?  ‘You’re the woman I want yesterday, today and tomorrow’.  I said that to her and didn’t live by it.  John you were an idiot.  She told you that if there were a chance for a relationship with you that she would stick with you forever and she would have.  She would have been with you and not with Christian Vega and she would be alive now.  So in a way you are responsible for her death like Eli Bennett is.  Maybe you should also be locked away somewhere for your crime.  Stop it John!  Evangeline wouldn’t want me to do this to myself.  She was so forgiving and I have to forgive myself.  

 

-- 

 

Work today doesn’t’ seem so stressful.  Just knowing that Evangeline was thinking about me when we were apart has brightened my day.  I look forward to tonight when I can read another of her letters.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Have thought of at least two different ways to end this story and neither are my usual happy ending.  Will try to limit this story to maybe six chapters, no more.  







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.