Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The pain has to express itself in some way.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

All hands on deck

 

 

Chapter 4            The rivers flow

 

These are not tears they are rivers.  Tears are more like raindrops not the deluge that we see falling from the eyes of these tender hearts who miss their loved ones.  How do you ease their pain?  How do you answer their questions as to when will their loved ones return?  And for those working so hard to find them how do you encourage them to continue their efforts?

 

Thomas and Amanda McGregor try to stay strong for their grandchildren but they are hurting. They fear for their daughter Alexis and their son-in-law Jethro.  Who would do such a horrendous thing to them?  Are they still alive, why haven’t they been found?  They cry with each other when they are alone. They don’t want to cry in front of their grandchildren.  They don’t want to cry in front of the friends of Alexis and Jethro.  But they are hurting.  They wonder when will this pain end?

 

 

Richard and Nicole want their mommy and daddy.  They don’t understand why they don’t come home.  They have never stayed away this long.  Their grandparents tell them that their parents are away and should return home soon but they ask their grandparents why can’t mommy and daddy Skype them so that they can talk to them and see them. They don’t want to cry like little babies.  They are big kids. They are six years old.  But they miss their mommy and daddy and want them to come home now.  Richard holds his sister Nicole as she cries.  Instead of sleeping in their own rooms, they started sleeping in Richard’s room.  They comfort each other.  Each day that passes they get more afraid.  They talk with their grandparents and tell them that they are afraid that mommy and daddy are hurt and can’t come home.  Granddad and Grandma tell that they pray that mommy and daddy are not hurt and pray to see them soon.  In the dark of their room at night Richard cries too as he holds his sister who has fallen asleep from crying.  In the morning, as they have each morning for the past three weeks, they wake up and run to their parent’s bedroom hoping to find them asleep.  Once again they are disappointed but this time they do not cry.  They each go to their own room and take a shower because they’re all wet from crying.  They dress for school and meet their grandparents in the kitchen for breakfast.  They will spend another day at school, go to karate class after school, return home, shower and get ready for dinner.  Granddad and Grandma will check their homework and they will sit in the living room and read a book like they would do with mommy and daddy and then they will go to bed.  Tonight though, they sleep in Nicole’s room.  Tonight Nicole will hold Richard as he cries.  Tonight as every night, they pray that God will keep safe their mommy and daddy and bring them home.

 

/

 

Abby and Bishop commensurate with each other.  They don’t care if anyone sees them crying.  This hurt is too overwhelming to keep inside.  They know the lessening odds as each day passes.  They will not entertain even the thought that Gibbs will not return.  He has suffered through too much to not return to them. They continue to work with the team to discover any clues that will help find him.  Today is extra hard for them but they don’t know why.  It’s as if a switch clicked and the floodgates opened and they can’t seem to close them.  They’re in Abby’s office sitting their with their hands covering their faces as if their hands can stop the tears from falling.  They can’t talk for what words can express their pain?  They don’t moan or wail they just cry and rivulets roll down their faces as if carving avenues to carry away their pain through their tears.

 

The men try to stay stalwart and unyielding but this pain will not allow them that luxury.  There is no weakness shown in crying.  They gather in autopsy and each move into a corner to hide their face but they each know why.  They silently allow the tears to flow from their eyes.  Those same eyes that oh so desire to see their friend, their boss and their mentor again.  They will never speak of this and they will not think less of each other for doing this.  They each and all needed this release, McGee, Torres, Reeves, Palmer, and Ducky.  Now done they part and carry on with their work.

 

DiNozzo’s sits in his hotel room remembering his time with Gibbs.  No way will he accept that he won’t see him again. The tears flow unhindered and it gives him some relief.  Then his phone rings and he hears the one voice that calms the storm. She tells him that she feels his sorrow but she knows that Gibbs will survive this ordeal.  She tells him that Tali sends him a kiss.  He feels a little better and prepares himself to go to NCIS to continue working on the case.

 

These are not tears these are rivers flowing.

 

A/N: Of course only one person can calm DiNozzo so you've answered your own question.  I will not provide any other information on that person's identity.  This is fan fiction after all.






Chapter End Notes:

Glad that I had my box of tissue handy.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.