Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

With frustration setting in the team hopes soon for information that will lead them to finding their colleagues.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

All hands on deck

 

(Don’t stop reading now.  You know that you want to go on to the end.  I know that you do too.  Now we see a light at the end of the tunnel.) 

 

 

Chapter 6            The break in the case

 

 

Nerves are beginning to fray and team members are not their usual accommodating selves. Too much time has passed since they saw their friends and they are beginning to lose hope.  Then…

 

Ring, ring

 

“Special Agent Timothy McGee, how may I help you?”

 

“Is this NCIS?”

 

“Yes it is.  How may I help you?”

 

“This is Mr. Abramson at the Hotel Marquis in Charleston, SC.  You interviewed me a few weeks ago about Mr. and Mrs. Gibbs staying at our hotel.  You gave me your card and asked me to contact you if I had any new information.”

 

McGee is dumbfounded and puts the call on speakerphone and motioned for his teammates to gather around his desk.  Craig Porter was in the office talking with Torres and he joined them around McGee’s desk.

 

“Mr. Abramson please go ahead.  What new information do you have?”

 

“Agent McGee, ten minutes ago we received a call from a Mr. Janus at Armistead Industries.  He inquired about his boss, Daniel Armistead.”

 

“Mr. Abramson I don’t understand what that has to do with Mr. and Mrs. Gibbs?”

 

Getting a bit frustrated with McGee’s handling of Mr. Abramson, Bishop tells McGee to just give Mr. Abramson time to explain without interrupting him.  McGee, ashamed for his behavior, nods and asks Mr. Abramson to continue.

 

“As I was saying Agent McGee, Mr. Janus reported that his boss Mr. Armistead stayed at out hotel and that was the last time that anyone at his office heard from him.  I reviewed our records and found that Mr. Armistead and his wife were at the front desk at the same time as Mr. and Mrs. Gibbs and in fact took the same airport shuttle.  Now they are both missing.  That is too much of a coincidence.”

 

Everyone looked at each other and as one a new gleam of hope shone in their eyes. 

 

“Mr. Abramson, thank you for calling. Can you please send us the check out information for the Armisteads?  Have you reported this to anyone else?”

 

“No I have not Agent McGee, should I?”

 

“No Mr. Abramson you should not.  This is a matter of national security and someone will contact you within the next five minutes to instruct you on just what you can say about this matter.  Thank you so much for your assistance Mr. Abramson.  You may have provided us with the key information to find our colleagues.”

 

“You are welcome Agent McGee.  I will wait for the phone call and instructions.”

 

CIA Agent Craig Porter is the first one to talk.

 

 

“This is great news!  Now we know that perhaps Marjorie and Jethro were not the targets.  That narrows the scope considerably.  I will call the FBI and have them to talk with Abramson.  Then I have to call Agent Neumann to give her the latest.  She wanted to work on this case for the FBI but they felt she was too close since Marjorie is her best friend.  I suggest that we say nothing to anyone else until we have reviewed all of the tapes and followed all the leads regarding this Armistead couple.  We don’t want to give anyone false hope.  Do we agree?  Now of course you have to tell Director Vance and I will contact Mr. Crawford and he will inform our Director.”

 

They all agreed and then they disbursed to follow up on the information that they just received.  But before they can leave the bullpen in walks Tobias Fornell.  He looks at McGee and can tell that something has changed. Where before he could see in McGee’s eyes a sadness this time he sees a different light and knows immediately that they have new.

 

“Okay I’m stopping in for my daily update. I refuse to have you guys call me with updates.  I want to know firsthand what’s happening.  Looking at you here tells me that something has changed. What is it?”

 

“Fornell we may have a lead and we’re now working on it.  We just received a call from the hotel manager in Charleston.  It seems that another couple went missing at the same time that Gibbs did.”

 

 

“That’s great news!  So it wasn’t an isolated incident.  Not that I’m happy that someone else was abducted but that at least diminishes the odds that it was an enemy of the Gibbses. Okay then let’s get to work.”

 

 

And so they get to work.






Chapter End Notes:

It's a start so let's hope that the rescue occurs soon.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.