Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

The True Measure

 

(Who says that you have to have a mask and a cape to be a hero?  Be your own hero. BOO-YAH!)

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Let’s go back a few hours to explain what brought Sergeant Moore to this point.

 

Sergeant Moore is coming on duty.  As he approaches the stairs to the police station a car screeches to a stop in front of the building.  He yells to the driver, 

 

“You can’t park here!  Move your car!”  

 

The car doesn’t move so the Sgt. starts to approach the driver’s side when out jumps the driver.  She shouts, 

 

“Please help me!”  

 

Sgt Moore immediately recognizes the young lady.  It is Attorney Williamson.  He cautiously approaches her but she stops him, 

 

“This is the kidnapper’s car.  I escaped but his partner may not be far behind me.  Please let us go inside.”  

 

Sgt. Moore is stunned but quickly recovers and calls over several officers who have responded to this disturbance.  He gives orders to the officers, 

 

“Officer Tullis, put on gloves, take this car to the garage and call CSU to go over hit with a fine toothed comb.”  

 

At that point Evangeline interrupts, 

 

“Sergeant, the kidnapper has a police scanner so they are aware of your calls.”  

 

The Sgt. then directs the officers to use their cell phones.  The officer rushes off as ordered.

 

Evangeline and Sgt. Moore go inside the station and Evangeline makes an unusual request, 

 

“Sergeant, I know that this may sound totally crazy to you but could you please lock me in a cell?  I will feel safe if I’m in a cell where no one can get to me and I don’t want to leave until the kidnappers are caught.  I also have much to tell you so can we go now?”  

 

Sergeant Moore looks at Attorney Williamson and sees that she is still wearing the cheerleader outfit; she smells of smoke; her hair is askew; and she looks frightened.  But he also sees her determination.  She has been through so much, too much, and he will allow her request.  He does ask her why she didn’t go to the hospital instead.  

 

Evangeline looks at him, “Anybody can dress up in doctor’s scrubs and get into a hospital.  And with all those drugs and scalpels around the kidnapper could easily have found me and killed me.”  

 

Now Sgt. Moore understands.  He tells her, “I will put you in a cell and have a guard posted there.  No one will be allowed except those officers you know by sight.  Now what else do you have to tell me?”

 

Evangeline gets settled in the isolated cell after CSU gathers evidence from her fingernails and she turns over the cheerleader outfit.  Officer Cerutti volunteers to guard Atty. Williamson.  He stands in the outer corridor while Sgt. Moore and Atty. Williamson retreat to the cell.  Now dressed in LPD sweats she and Sgt. Moore sit on the bed and talk as he records their conversation.  She recounts how she:

 

-Choked the kidnapper, hit him in the back, knees and ankles with a tree branch

-Ran the second kidnapper off the road

-Has a map and points out the area where she left the kidnappers.

 

Evangeline suggests that since the kidnappers have a scanner that the police not broadcast that she is at the police station but let them think that she is still on the loose.  Considering all of the information provided by Evangeline, Sgt. Moore does the following:

 

-Calls a friend with the Pennsylvania State Police and gives him the map coordinates.  He figures that the State Police can get there quicker than the LPD officers can.

-Agrees not to tell anyone that Evangeline is at the police station but he does send an officer to Evangeline’s apartment to protect her mother.  The officer is instructed to let Mrs. Williamson know that this is just a precautionary action. 

-Alerts staff to contact area hospitals and clinics to report of anyone coming in for medical treatment with injuries to the back, knees and ankles.

-Issues a gag order on police staff regarding Atty. Williamson’s escape. All information stays in-house.

-Convinces Atty. Williamson to allow a doctor to examine her.  She requests Dr. Michael McBain.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.