Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Kiana woke up to a voice obviously trying to be hushed. She stayed motionless under the comforter but made sure her ears were picking up everything.

"Hey, I made breakfast... in case you wanted to come by." A woman said from the other side of the door. Sawyer was much more hushed than she was, that made Kiana smirk.

"No that's alright. I've already started breakfast over here." He said. He couldn't even think of having sex with another woman while Kiana's essence was still on his fingers from the night before. He'd fallen asleep with those digits on his face. Kiana could hear the bacon cooking from the kitchen and she wondered if there was some in there for her.

"Alright well I'll go wrap up my food and come back in a few minutes." Pathetic, Kiana thought. The woman obviously couldn't take a hint if it was thrown at her as slowly as Sawyer was pitching it.

"Not today Rachel." He said, finally letting his asshole ways surface to set the woman straight. not ever. Kiana corrected mentally.

"You sure? I'd stay a little bit longer too..." She said seductively. So that's what kind of guy he was; sex with his neighbour. Kiana couldn't say it surprised her.

"I'm sure." He said. She must have done a silent gesture, or maybe Sawyer closed the door in her face. But that was pretty much it for that conversation. Kiana got off the couch at the same moment he entered the kitchen. She took her time walking up on him. He was beating some eggs in a bowl and looked the same as he did last night.

"Sorry you had to turn down some pussy on my behalf." She sighed somewhat mockingly. Sawyer chuckled but didn't face her.

"Trust me, I didn't turn it down because you were here." He stated. Kiana rolled her eyes at his arrogance.

"Glad to hear that." She said with 100 percent sarcasm. Kiana's thoughts darted toward her father. She rummaged through her bag for her cell phone; she had 20% left which was enough to make one phone call. She looked at Sawyer's flexing back muscles while he cooked over the counter. He didn't need to hear all her business. She put her jeans back on and opened his front door without a word. When she got to the base of the steps, she looked out a small window and took out her phone. She dialled a number and it rang a few times.

"Hello?" The woman answered. She recognized it immediately.

"Hey Nicolette, I'm so glad you're there. How is he doing?" She asked. She tucked her free arm under the one holding the phone to her ear as she took slow steps around the area.

"Yeah, I got here just before they called the State of Emergency. But he's fine, just woke up a few minutes ago so I'm about to get him some breakfast."

"Okay, can you put me on speakerphone for a sec?" Kiana asked her.

"You're on it now." It sounded like she was at a distance.

"Hey dad. I'm alright, nice and safe. They called a state of emergency so I'll be stuck inside for a bit. But as soon as it's over I'll come by—I promise. I'm spending my entire Thanksgiving break with you. And I think that's all... I love you daddy." She made sure to put emphasis on the last phrase. But she wasn't expecting what she heard next.

"I...lov—lov." His weak, raspy voice stumbled over the syllables. Tears welled up in her eyes as he tried to get the words out of his mouth.

"It's alright daddy. I know you love me." She said, sniffling over the receiver. She wiped away her only tear and then took a deep breath.

"I'll talk to you later. See you Nicolette." Kiana hung up the phone and looked out the window she was now directly in front of. Everything was a blinding white and nothing was visible under the thick layer of snow. She desperately wanted to be in his company at that moment.

*

She opened the apartment door and saw Sawyer putting spoonfuls of food on pretty mahogany plates. Kiana took her a seat at the dining room table. It was small and only had 1 chair on each side. But it was perfect for his apartment. He made her eggs, bacon and pancakes. Everything looked edible and she was pretty impressed.

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth and then we can go." Kiana said between bites. Sawyer raised his eyebrows in surprise and confusion.

"It's still a state of emergency so we'll be stuck in the house a little longer than expected. It hasn't even stopped snowing." Kiana couldn't believe what she was hearing. She'd be stuck in this apartment with him another day. She wasn't sure if that was what she wanted or not, but she didn't have any more underwear, hair products, clothes or body wash. So Sawyer would definitely be seeing her at her worst.

She sighed heavily.

"I have absolutely nothing I need." She whispered to herself.

"What the hell do you have in those bags?" He asked, glancing at the two big bags by the entrance Kiana brought with her.

"Things that aren't useful now." She mumbled. Sawyer was out his seat in a second. He put his thumb in his mouth, sucking off some syrup right before he disappeared behind her and toward the door. Kiana watched him search through her bags. He pulled out her 4 Psychology textbooks and notepads.

"I know your back hurts from carrying this stuff." He said, sitting the books in a neat pile on the floor right before flipping through some of the pages. Kiana shrugged her shoulders but in actuality, her back ached often. The second bag held her work and ballet clothes. He gave her an impressed look as he took out her Pointe shoes.

"You dance?" He asked, beginning to put everything back in its place. Kiana rolled her eyes at the obvious question but decided not to be nasty with him. For once he wasn't giving her a real reason to be, so she'd cherish this moment.

"Yeah." He came to sit back down and finish the last bits of his food. Kiana was nowhere near done.

"How long have you been doing that?" He asked, seeming interested. Kiana thought for a few seconds.

"Probably 10 years." Sawyer wound his face up into an expression of mystification.

"How old are you? I had some idea you were young but I didn't know how young."

"I turned 19 in Jul—" Sawyer cut her off with a booming laugh.

"You're only 19! You really are a little girl for Christ's sake." He said, running a hand through his feather light blonde hair.

Kiana settled a little deeper in her seat. That comment made her uncomfortable. She now understood how Laura Ingalls felt when Almonzo Wilder only saw her as a child while she knew she was much more than that. Sawyer chuckled to himself and Kiana swallowed some more food.

"You weren't saying that last night." She retorted. Sawyer's demeanour dwindled down to something else. He evaluated her thoroughly, remembering last night when he'd pleasured her so well. She was crying out in satisfaction and had gotten him harder then he'd probably ever been. She was definitely a woman, probably more of a woman than half the 26 year olds he'd been with. His tee shirt clung to her bare tits and she crossed her smooth legs under the table.

"That's very true." He replied. Kiana was wetting herself in the most sensual of ways. She tightened her legs over the other to restrain the twinge she was close to letting him know she was experiencing. But Sawyer knew, he was starting to learn her expressions. Her forehead would crinkle just the slightest bit when she was annoyed but her lips would part directly before her eyes glazed over when he turned her on. Kiana could only convince herself she was difficult to read.

"I'm guessing you're a psychology major." He stated, bring a cup over his lips.

"Good guess." She said.

"Why?" He questioned. Kiana shrugged her shoulders before she spoke.

"I found it interesting in high school." She explained. Sawyer smirked.

"You took psychology in high school?" He questioned. Kiana nodded meekly and his chuckled turned into a full out laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"Nothing, it's just that—" He laughed a little more. "You don't look like a nerd." Kiana wasn't amused.

"So what do you do?" She asked, trying to take the spotlight off of herself and point it on him.

"I'm a news director." He told her. Kiana pursed her lips and nodded lightly.

"Hm, sitting on your ass and telling other people what to do sounds like a pretty stress free job." She took a bite of her strip of bacon.

"I agree it does. But if only that's what I actually did..." Kiana smirked, he was a little too witty for her.

"I'm sure it's not that much different."

"You can think what you want, but it's hard work." He took their plates and stood up out of his seat. Kiana's eyes followed him to the kitchen as he put them in the sink.

"Come." He said to her. He took languid steps in the direction of his bedroom, but Kiana still stood in the dining room.

"What's in there that I need?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow. She didn't know what his intentions were but she could only guess it was sexually driven. He sighed in defeat.

"TV, or do you want to sit out here all day and stare at the walls?" He snapped. After 2 more seconds of thinking it over, she eventually followed him to his bedroom.

It held the same theme as his theatre living room but only a little more forward. There were camera's everywhere, movies lined up and down his wall and photos splayed over ever inch. A small closet displayed accurately arranged clothes and a door beside it must've been the bathroom. An Apple desktop sat in the corner over a black desk. His bed was large and made perfectly, with every corner tucked and smoothed.

"You can lie on the bed if you want." He proposed, stepping around her and taking his spot on the side closest to the door. Wearily, she walked around and sat her back against the headboard just as he did. Some TV show played quietly on the screen in front of them.

"Can we watch a movie?" Kiana asked, looking at him. He nodded to the wall behind her. She got out of bed to search through his collection. He had a wide range of genres and she was surprised to see the variations. Her favorite movie Fast 5 was the 3rd from the top and she grabbed it. His DVD player was right below the TV so she didn't need assistance with putting it in. She climbed back into bed when it began to play.

Sawyer could hardly focus on the movie. Kiana's velvety brown legs were crossed at the ankle, giving him a clear view of her toned calf. She was so shapely; he couldn't believe she danced. He stole a quick glance at her face and took a swallow. Kiana furrowed her brow when she felt his gaze on her for no more than a second.

A half hour or so passed when Sawyer started shifting on the bed. Kiana was too engrossed in the drag racing scene to notice he was inching toward her. It wasn't until his breath started tickling her neck was when she instinctively inched away. But Sawyer anticipated her movements and somehow kept her in place.

He was tenderly suckling and nipping on the skin of her neck. Kiana closed her eyes for a mere second. Her breath caught in her throat and when she exhaled it came out as a moan.

"I'm watching the movie." She sounded so weak, even though she had intentions on being stern. Sawyer kissed her neck, collar bone and the corner of her mouth before he stopped distracting her. He lay down in bed and pulled the covers up over himself.

"Come here." His baritone voice washed over her in ripples of pleasure.

"I said I was still—"

"I didn't ask you to turn the TV off, don't be complicated." He said in an even voice. His kisses were still reaping havoc over her body because she put the covers over her legs and slid down onto the bed and off the headboard without a fight. She laid her head on the pillow and stared up into the TV.

The movie was coming to an end when a rhythmic breathing filled her ears and an arm gathered her by her midsection. She gave Sawyer an annoyed look. But she met his closed lids. Kiana used that second to absorb his face. He looked so innocent. Looking at his visage, she couldn't believe what an insolent asshole he could be, but she knew firsthand.

Before Kiana could realize it, his warmth and comfort was coaxing her to sleep too.

Kiana woke Sawyer, but not intentionally. She was sweating profusely and speaking about something in her sleep. Sawyer kept her in his arms but listened to her words. He heard his name a few times, along with the phrase 'one night stand'. He was kind of hurt she thought of him that way but then again, he's done nothing to disclaim it. She had all the evidence to make that accusation. But he wanted more from her then that. He couldn't wait to talk to her about it when she woke up. When it seemed like she was beginning to calm down, she started talking about something else.

She kept saying the word 'daddy'. Was she talking about Sawyer? She couldn't be, she didn't seem like the type to be into that. Then she went on to rant about how he wouldn't speak to her and how much she loved him. Maybe it would be too soon to question her about her dreams. Sawyer felt like he was violating her privacy by listening to her mumbles. He wanted her to tell him everything on her own. It wasn't up to her what she said while she slept, so Sawyer tried to still consider all her words as private thoughts.

*

When Kiana woke up, she was in darkness. The wind began howling against the window and she almost forgot where she was. But the heavy body trapping her to the bed allowed her to remember.

"Sawyer." Kiana called softly. He didn't even budge. She tapped him on his arm a few times and he stirred awake with a deep sigh.

"Hm?" He groaned, holding onto her a little tighter and restricting her movement even more. He was a very possessive sleeper.

"I think the power is out." She whispered. Absolutely nothing was lit and the TV that was playing Fast 5 when she fell asleep was now pitched black. After a few seconds, Sawyer got out of bed. Kiana couldn't see what he was doing or where he was going but she tried to follow him with her ears. He rummaged through his drawers and came out with a flashlight. He turned it on and shined it right in her face.

Kiana squinted at the light and brought a hand up to cover her eyes. He went out to the living room and after a few minutes he came back with a few lit candles. She couldn't explain what she was feeling but she loved the fuzziness she felt. It was nice to have the candles lit in the darkness.

"Help me eat all the food in the fridge." He mumbled before trotting back into the living room. Kiana chuckled and followed him out with a candle in hand. He was leaning into the fridge and Kiana tried not to admire his body. He was so toned; the slightest movement highlighted a new muscle. His skin was silky and blemished in a few tiny, cute freckles and moles.

Sawyer was throwing food on the counters. He had fruits, shrimps, sandwich ingredients, milk and other random foods bound to spoil soon, splayed for her choosing. Kiana gravitated toward the fruits and put a green apple up to her lips. She leaned into a corner against the counters and watched Sawyer put chocolate syrup into his half gallon of milk. He put in a generous amount then shook it.

Kiana couldn't deny; it looked good. He added in enough for the once white milk to resemble the color of an almond. He took the container to his lips and drank pretty much half. Kiana held out her hand when he finally took a second to breathe. Sawyer moved on to the shrimp after she took over the milk.

Sawyer pushed the tray of shrimp toward her and watched as she climbed onto his counter. She crossed her legs; every time she sat down she crossed them. It was a sexy movement and he was sure she didn't intend it to be. He gazed at her as she ate and drank in silence. She was so sensual. Her curly hair was wild from her nap and she hardly looked 19. He didn't know how he'd gotten there, but he was somehow standing right before her. He put a hand between her crossed legs and parted them forcefully.

"What—" Kiana was about to protest to being roughed up like that, but Sawyer cut her short.

"Hush." He stood between her open knees and put his hands around her thighs.

She'll learn. He thought while he looked into her scowling eyes. She'd learn to watch her tone with him because he'd only tolerate so much from her, with was . She wanted to be in control and have her way; it gave her comfort to call the shots. But Sawyer made that vow he wouldn't lay on his back when it came to her anymore, it never worked out in his favor.

"Can I ask you a question?" Kiana said through somewhat clenched teeth. Sawyer gave her a suspicious look before nodding in approval.

"Why me? Out of all those girls in Hooters that look like they'd be more your type." Kiana couldn't wait to hear his answer.

"What's my type?" He asked. Kiana should've known better then to expect him to not be complicated. She sucked her teeth and suddenly grew tired.

"Never mind. Can I get some more clothes?" She asked. Sawyer laughed as if someone said a pretty amusing joke. Kiana looked at him as if he were crazy. He continued to laugh as he buried his head deep into her neck. His breath pressed against the sensitive spot and she fought a tremble of excitement.

"...ass." That was all she got from his sentence.

"What?" She asked again. Sawyer chuckled a little more and then pulled his head up so she could hear him.

"I said you had the nicest ass." He could barely get out his sentence before he started howling again. Kiana had no idea on how that was funny but he turned red from his own pleasure. Kiana however, wasn't smiling.

"You stood out from the rest. For obvious reasons." It sounded like he was referring to the color of her skin, but in truth he was speaking on her beauty. Her co-workers were all gorgeous women, and probably were used to high amounts of attention. But they all looked the same. They tried to emulate a natural glow with tans and wore their hair straight in the same cut. Their bodies were all robotically slim and slender. But Kiana had mastered that sun kissed chocolate skin awhile ago with her voluminous curls and curvy body. She was nothing like those women, but even more stunning.

"You don't seem like the kind of guy..." She said, squinting at him with her head cocked to one side. Her sentence was so vague, but he still knew what she was referring to.

"I didn't think I was either until I met you. You're everything I never thought I'd be attracted to." He said, basking in his own words. Kiana constantly challenged him, she had stretch marks in places he'd never seen, she was 7 years younger than him and she was black. But somehow he came to the conclusion that she was just what he wanted.

Kiana on the other hand didn't know what to say. He was attracted to her but yet at one point he didn't think he could ever be. After sitting before him for a few more minutes in silence, she tried to free herself of his entrapment but he wasn't budging.

"Where are you going?"

"I want to get up." She said, trying unsuccessfully again.

"I think I like you here." He said back. He latched onto her again as if she were his mother orang-utan. His arms wrapped around her upper half and some of his hair lay idle beside her lip. At that moment, Kiana felt as if he were the younger of the two. She picked up on his constant need for cradling and she was almost certain it was a way to fulfill his sense of control. Or maybe his need for affection.

"Okay Sawyer, that's enough. I'm cold." She said after the 5th minute of being wrapped in his arms. He seemed to think that was a good enough reason to let her go considering the heat was off. He reached out a hand to help her on the ground.

"I'm alright." She declined, and sauntered to his room. She used the candle to guide her to his drawers. She opened the first one and noticed it was his underwear drawer. He had a lot of boxer briefs. She dug a little deeper and found some regular boxers that were probably older. Then she found a V-neck in another drawer.

She took her candle to the bathroom and started the water. Showering in the dim light was fairly relaxing.

*

Sawyer stepped out of the bathroom absolutely freezing. The water heater must've run out of hot water because it only got colder the longer he stayed in. But he was somewhat satisfied that Kiana had a warm shower and was comfortable, even if he felt like hypothermia was creeping up on him. He found Kiana nestled in his sheets and large comforter. Sawyer climbed into bed and found his grip on her build.

Kiana didn't complain because she actually loved the way his body felt and Sawyer knew it although she'd never tell. He shivered against her a few times before melting into her curves. After a half hour of just listening to one another breathe, he kissed over her neck and down her collar bone once again. His soft lips left hot trails over her skin.

Damn. She thought. Sawyer wore her out with all the emotions he could make her feel in two days. She just couldn't keep up with him. She was moistening from his touch and she squeezed her legs together. Kiana couldn't take it any longer; she needed to feel his lips. She turned around and left their spooning position so their faces were only an inch apart.

He waited for her to make the first move and she did. Her lips pressed against his and he embraced the small of her back. Kiana let her hand wander up and down his freezing biceps and into his wet hair. It felt like their temperatures were adding to their arousal.

Kiana jumped at the feel of his member on her upper thigh. She couldn't fight the urge to touch it and as she did, Sawyer reacted. He broke their kiss to hiss out into the open air. She began to stroke the angry tip through his boxers in a mechanical up and down, twisting motion.

Kiana left his grip to disappear under the comforter. Sawyer cursed lightly as his gaze drifted toward the ceiling. Kiana couldn't see a thing, and she used her other senses to help navigate. She felt around his abdomen for the hem of his briefs and pulled them down his thighs. His hard on flopped against his belly button. Kiana put her lips around the tip and let her tongue trail the slit. His precum saturated her taste buds and she basked in the warmth. She began sucking on his dick and dipping her head as far down onto the shaft as she could. Sawyer started bucking his hips in rhythm to her ministrations. His tip started probing at the back of her throat and she'd gag every once in awhile.

Sawyer could tell she hadn't sucked dick too many times in her life; she was terrible. Although she was only 19, so he wouldn't expect her to know much about how to do things that went on in the bedroom. And her lack of experience only made him want her more.

Sawyer decided to take control. He put his hand on the back of her head.

"Relax your throat." He said, as he pushed her head down onto his dick. She was able to take his entire length without making a sound. Sawyer threw his head back at the feeling of her throat taking his cock.

"Good girl." He praised in a breathy voice. He pushed her head down a few more times before he gave another command.

"Close your lips." Kiana did as he asked and Sawyer began pumping himself in and out of her soft mouth. She could hear him getting louder after each thrust.

"Fuck!" He said when he finally stopped thrusting and let his cum spurt onto her tongue. Kiana peeled back the covers and headed for the bathroom to spit. She rinsed her mouth and padded back to the bed. Sawyer watched her every move and reached for her as soon as she sat back in bed.

He gathered her into his arms and caringly kissed her forehead. Kiana pressed her cheek against his chest and listened to the beating of his chest while letting the rise and fall rock her to unconsciousness. Sawyer was surprised she could be so submissive when it really mattered. He couldn't believe she allowed him to dictate her head that way. But she probably knew she wasn't too great at oral stimulation. However he was sure she'd get better with him as her mentor.

*

It was 10 AM and Kiana went to use the bathroom when she heard her phone ringing. She jogged to the living room to retrieve it and saw it was Janelle.

"Hello?" Kiana asked.

"Hi honey, how have you been enjoying your days off?" Janelle asked in a fake receptionist voice. Kiana looked around the apartment and almost panicked.

"Loving them, you?" That wasn't a complete lie.

"Fucking great! No work, no school—I think I love the snow." Kiana chuckled. Janelle was a Summer girl by far. But Kiana loved the winter months, even when they weren't the reason behind your unplanned days off.

"But what have you been doing? Did the power go out?" Janelle asked again. Kiana's heart picked up some speed.

"I've been studying and hanging out... oh, the power did go out last night." Kiana had no idea if the power went out on campus or not, but she had to say something.

"Hm... I spoke to Wes last night and he said he was lucky the power on campus didn't go out and he finished up his report." Janelle was definitely suspicious. She didn't want to explain how she'd gotten at Sawyer's place, even though it was a legitimate reason. But then she'd want to know what they did and if anything happened; Kiana wasn't that good of a liar.

"I'm not on campus. I'm at my dad's." She lied.

"Oh okay." She was convinced. "Well, since you studied on your days off it shouldn't be a big deal if you came by Brandon's tonight. He's having a thing with some friends... including the one that's been asking about you." Kiana looked back at Sawyer's door.

Brendon had a friend named Ethan who had seen her on Facebook and was completely interested in what he saw. She'd never met him before, but she was always open to the idea... until now. Thinking of him made her sick in the most unusual way.

"I don't feel like being bothered with those men tonight; I think I'll just stay home." Kiana sighed.

"No, I'll tell him you aren't interested, just please come. I won't have anyone to really talk to." She begged. Kiana rolled her eyes and took a breath.

"Alright, I'll come by for a little." She breathed. Janelle smiled on the other end.

"I'll pick you up from your dorm at about 11." Kiana agreed and then hung up the phone. She stared down into it for a few more seconds, just dazing off into a thinking trance. If she wouldn't be spending the night with her dad, she'd need to spend the day.

"Kiana, I'm speaking to you." Sawyer stated. She looked in the direction of the far away voice to see a body that was right before her. He was standing close enough to touch and she hadn't even noticed.

"Yeah?" She asked. Sawyer ran a hand through his hair in an attempt to stop it from feathering into his eyes.

"I said get dressed so when can go get breakfast." He stated in a cold voice. To top off the rude ass tone, he proceeded to walk away as if Kiana would scurry to do as he asked. Kiana furrowed her brow.

"I think that would've worked more efficiently if you asked a question; so the answer is no. But I would like to go home so I'll get dressed for that." Kiana walked to her clothes and stripped off his boxer shorts, putting on her jeans without any underwear.

Sawyer watched in agitation as she blatantly defied him. He didn't want her to go home quite yet; he couldn't tell if she wanted anything else from him after her 2 day visit. Last night she was so affectionate; kissing him, caressing him languidly and nestling into his chest. But now her disinterest in staying another minute with him while the State of Emergency was over showed clearly on her face. In defeat, he trudged back to his room to get ready to drop her off.

***

Kiana struggled with her own bags again as she waited from him to close and lock his apartment door. When he finished, he turned to her and began removing her ballet bag's strap off her shoulder. Kiana recoiled from his touch and gave him a light, sassy look.

"I carried them all the first time; I'll be alright doing it again." She said, reminding him of his less then chivalrous acts the first day she arrived. Sawyer didn't spend another minute trying to coax her into letting him help. He jogged down the steps to the apartment door while Kiana took each step one at a time.

She'd made it to the car and the heat was already on full blast. Sawyer pulled onto the cleaned streets and finally drove over the bridge in direction to Kiana's dorm. She'd get dressed there and wait for the bus that'd take her to her dad's. Sawyer pulled up at the campus and put the car in park.

"Okay, well thanks, for picking me up and letting me stay with you. I really appreciate it." Kiana told him. He looked straight ahead and nodded slowly.

"No problem." Was all he mumbled. For some reason Kiana felt like this was where they'd kiss and say 'I'll call you later.' But no one moved. Sawyer didn't make eye contact with her for even a second. She got out, trying to escape the awkward silence and headed up the snowy walkway to the door. She looked back to see the VW speeding back onto the road without hesitation.

*

After spending the rest of her morning, afternoon and a little bit of her evening with her father, she came back to her dorm to get ready for 11 o'clock. A small part of her did want to go out, have fun and meet new people. That nagging feeling she felt earlier in regards to ruining what she might've had with Sawyer didn't seem to matter anymore, especially with his cold attitude with her earlier.

She decided she'd wear her skinny jeans, tucked into brown riding boots paired with a red chiffon blouse. She kept her hair in its curly state and made her lashes longer. Her bombshell Victoria Secret bra was one of her prized possessions under her shirt and it raised her breasts just an inch over the buttons. Her cell phone rang on her bedside table and she grabbed it, not even answering.

Janelle's Crown Victoria sat where she could last remember seeing Sawyer's VW.

Why can't I stop thinking about him? She asked herself, letting the crisp air whip her hair in different directions. It seemed like the duration of the entire day was spent thinking of him. His scent stuck to her clothes and bags, she found a strand of his hair was nestled into one of her curls and anything blue allowed a vivid picture of his eyes to cloud her brain.

"You look good." Janelle told her. Kiana looked Janelle up and down and noticed she was dressed in jeans and a low cut sweater.

"Thanks." Kiana nestled into her seat and stared out the window for what seemed like two seconds before Janelle spoke.

"What're you thinking about?" She asked. Kiana tried to seem passive.

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired." She said, which was the truth to a certain extent. Riding busses in and out of town had her a little drained.

They arrived at Brendon's small ranch house. Kiana got out and closed the door behind herself. She followed Janelle's lead up the footpath and toward the concrete front porch. The lights were on inside and the faint sound of a TV was all she could hear. She clutched her cell phone in her hand a bit tighter out of nervousness. She wasn't the type of girl that could easily flirt and mingle with men. She'd just linger in the background and talk to those who talked to her.

Kiana walked inside and almost staggered back. Her vision was significantly more impaired in comparison to a second ago. It looked as if someone was trying to hotbox the entire living room; the room was filled with smoke. She took a few more steps inside and saw Brendon laid deeply into the couch with another man by his side. She could only guess it was Ethan. Besides his bloodshot red eyes, he was fairly handsome. He had mahogany skin set smoothly over long limbs, curly hair and expensive basketball attire.

"Ethan this is Kiana." Janelle said, taking her place beside Brendon on the couch. Kiana didn't realize she was still standing until Ethan gave her a humoured look.

"I won't bite you." He smiled a full grin with a small gap between his front two teeth, which only made him more handsome for some reason. Kiana sat stiffly beside him, crossing her legs away from him. Movement in the corner of her eye made drew her attention and she couldn't believe what she saw. Janelle took the bowl out of her boyfriend's hand to take a hard hit off of it. After taking more breaths to deeply inhale the weed, she exhaled out of her nose.

Kiana was livid. Was this what they planned on doing for the rest of the night? Kiana smoked in her high school years but quit when she began to feel the effects. It weakened her dancing and hindered her from passing a drug test for jobs. Now the smell tickled her nose and churned her stomach in an unpleasant way. Janelle knew Kiana hated weed.

Ethan held the bowl out to Kiana and she gave it a disgusted look.

"No thanks." She mumbled. Ethan handed it back to Brendon.

"You're very pretty." Ethan told her, his words somewhat slurred from his high. Kiana spared him a glance and then wished she hadn't. His red eyes pierced into hers in the most dazed of ways. She tried to stifle a groan.

"Thanks." She said. Ethan's hand boldly slithered up her crossed thigh and Kiana sprang out of her seat. She couldn't take it anymore. She walked out the front door and looked out onto the porch. The streets were quiet but her ears rung from the strong, powerful scent of the weed. She looked down into her cell phone and wished she was with Sawyer for some reason.

After 1 minute of standing outside, the front door opened again. She looked back, hoping it wasn't Ethan. It was Janelle. Kiana was now angry again.

"Why you out here?" She asked, giving her a confused look. Kiana looked at her for another second and then turned her head with a smirk of disbelief.

"Why the fuck would you invite me here if you knew all you would do is get high? I'm not into that and you knew that." Kiana said, getting defensive. Her blood pressure rose with each spoken word.

"I didn't know they'd be smoking Key." Janelle said exasperatedly.

"Whatever. All they fucking do is get high." Kiana said, making a jab at the two men slumped on the couch. Kiana was almost completely sure Janelle's boyfriend was a pothead. He constantly reeked of weed if he wasn't smoking it and if he wasn't smoking it he was selling it.

"I know you're pissed off but don't come at Brendon like that. It wasn't too long ago when you had a blunt a little too often. So don't act like you're a brand new person." Janelle was looking Kiana right in her eyes. Janelle knew better then to cross Kiana, but when she needed to stand up for something she knew was right or wrong, she'd find the balls. Kiana raised an eyebrow in amusement and positioned her body to face her head on.

"You're right, I did. But then I grew up. How long are you going to stand by him when he fails drug tests for every fucking job he gets? Or when he goes back to jail—" Kiana stopped herself.

This is your friend. This is your friend. She tried to tell herself. But her breath was only a few inches away while she gave her a threatening look. "I think you need to get out of my face, and go take a hit before I say anything else." Kiana clenched and unclenched her fists as she always did when she was angry.

When Janelle finally walked back into the house, Kiana's phone buzzed at the same time. It was an unfamiliar number but somehow she knew who it was.

Hey, u ok?

How the hell did he knew she was anything but ok. A weird feeling fell over her as she tried to think of the odds.

No, can u pick me up? I'm on ur side of the brdge.

Not even a minute had passed before he texted back.

Where r u? Kiana texted him Brendon's address and allowed butterflies to fill her chest. It'll be the third day in a row she'd spend a night with him and that information definitely made her happy regardless of her current emotional state. She went back inside the house to use his bathroom. She didn't say a word to them. Her boots were the only things making a sound through the house. She opened the bathroom door and turned on the lights. Her face went rigid.

His bathroom was disgusting. The toilet seat had probably never seen a day right side up and urine stained the bowl. Kiana focused her attention to the mirror and tried to see her reflection in it. But the dirt, grime and opaque condition made it hard. Kiana couldn't spend another minute in the bathroom and went to get her coat off the couch. She put it on and went to stand back outside to wait on Sawyer. To her surprise, he was pulling up.

She flipped her hair out of her collar and followed her snow prints back down the walkway. She sat down and waited for the car to begin moving. But after the 5th second of idleness, she looked at Sawyer. He was giving her a hard, sullen stare and it was probably the most intimidating she'd ever seen him.

"What?" She asked. Her voice sounded timid.

"Were you smoking?" He asked her in a forceful voice. It was quiet but in a way, the baritone made it scream. Kiana relaxed in her seat and crossed her legs.

"No."

"Kiana don't fuckin—"

"I'm not lying to you, I don't smoke." She gave him a convincing look that seemed to do the trick. He sped down the empty street. Kiana took a deep sigh and snuggled into her chair.

"I don't want to go home." She told him, looking out the window. Sawyer swallowed audibly. Then she wanted to go back to his place.

"Then we'll go to my house." He mumbled quietly, more to himself.

"I'm actually a little hungry." She said.

"You stink, so we can't go out anywhere." Once again, he was having a conversation with himself. "We'll have to order something."

Sawyer was disappointed he wouldn't be able to take her out on a civil date but then again, he was happy to have her with him. They pulled up to his apartment and Kiana got out without a struggle. They walked up the steps together and she waited for him to open the door. She took off her boots and coat to put them in her regular spot. Sawyer turned on the heat and stripped himself of his shirt.

"Wearing clothes inside too lame for you?" Kiana questioned sarcastically, heading to his bedroom. It felt as if it were all mechanical; where she put her shoes and coat, seeing Sawyer without his shirt, heading to his bedroom to watch TV—it felt right.

"For my own house, yes. You should think about that as a belief for yourself too." He said, following her hypnotizing hips to the backroom. Her skinny jeans did a magnificent job of clinging to her silhouette.

"Hm... I think, no." She laughed, giving him a smile over her shoulder. She opened the door while he turned on theTV. Kiana took off her jeans and blouse to reveal a matching set of Christmas themed underwear. They faced one another and the TV illuminated their faces, making their vision randomly fade in and out.

"Am I still not ready for what comes with sleeping in this bed?"






Chapter End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.