Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ahop 

(nine) 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The first thing they heard were the rushing waters. From the sound of it, they were close. Excitement traveled through his veins and he grinned as it spread through the group, Yoo-shik and Sang-Ook joining hands together in victory. Smiling fully, he turned to find Tiye and for a moment, his breath caught in his throat. She had a smile on her face but her eyes were closed and her head was leaned back. She held the reins to her mare tightly and soon, slowly stuck out her tongue as if to taste the wind itself.

    “Wangja-nim! Let us ride to it!” Yoo-shik’s excited voice brought his gaze away from her and he grinned boyishly, giving Dong-Il a light rap on the neck. 

    “Let’s!” The group of them headed off in the direction of the water, their sense of sound proving true. Crystal clear, the water spanned as far as the eye could see. A narrow path and ample land for their camp was to the right. Sang-Ook howled in joy and jumped from his horse into the stream, laughing as his woman came to join him, playfully throwing herself at him. Looking up, he was captured by the natural beauty of the mountains, far up as the eye could see, sunlight glinting off of them in all of their various forms. 

    “You did it Wangja-nim.” Hearing her come next to him, he chuckled some. 

    “We did it Tiye. All of us are to thanks.”

    “Agreed.”

    “Come, let’s enjoy this day hm?”

    “Let’s.” Her eyes twinkled and he grinned deeper as she set off ahead of him, only to join the new set of friends she’d made, playfully splashing Hae with water. Smiling at the scene, he glanced towards the men who had led them here. Out of them all, only one or two showed any sort of emotion. Gladness. For that, he felt relief. Dismounting Dong-Il, he pat his neck in thanks and watched as he began to drink the water, the grasses nearby sure to be his next move. From this point, Song was only a couple days away. So they said. Inhaling deeply, he pat Dong-Il’s neck again. After all the hard work they’d put in, perhaps he too could enjoy himself… even a little. 

    


***

    

    The smell of fresh meat cooking over the fire inspired hunger but then the sight that beheld her inspired hunger too. Of another kind. A kind she couldn’t ignore any longer. She’d left the others at the camp, all merry and laughing, even busting out the keg of soju they’d brought on the journey.  She’d gone to find Wangja-nim to tell him that dinner was on the horizon but was stopped right in her tracks. There, amidst the sky set on fire by the setting sun, he stood alone in one of the many streams. His hanbok had been discarded, neatly folded and placed to the side. Lifting thick arms, he tilted a bucket full of water and it took her breath away as it slid down his body. Only his dari-sokgot remained on him and it became translucent, outlining the shape of firm yet soft looking cheeks. He sighed loudly, in contentment and pushed the drenched hair back from his face. 

    A gush of warm wetness between her legs startled her and she bit her lip in a gasp, eyes transfixed by his beauty. His body seemed to shimmer against the setting sun and with the glimmers of light that danced upon the waters, it appeared that in that moment, he was one of the mystical creatures from the tales he’d read; ethereal, graceful, not of this world. Her fingers gripped the bark of the tree as he untied the strings to the dari-sokgot and pulled it away from him. 

    “Are you spying on your prince?” Freezing, she whipped her head around so hard her neck popped. Letting out a soft noise of pain, she reached up to grab her neck, only to have Hae’s hand shoved against her mouth. The woman pushed her back against the tree. 

    “Shh. He looks this way.” Fear sliced through her and as much as she wanted to see more, she feared if she moved, they would be discovered. She didn’t even think there would be anything she could say to explain her being there and watching him. 

    “Whoever is there make yourself known.” His voice had grown hard and cold and his eyes scanned around him. Hae made a quiet noise of approval. 

    “Oh my. Every part of him is on high alert right now dear friend. Even the rod.” 

    “Hae!” The woman quietly cackled and let her mouth go, watching gleefully as she shyly peeked, hiding all but her eyes. He’d turned his back to her but he held a geom, one that he kept tucked in his boseon. 

    “His skin is like shiny alabaster.” 

    “Hae, let us go back.”

    “You desire him.” 

    “N-No! I simply came to tell him dinner-”

    “How much longer can you hide it before it consumes you with its hunger?” She blushed but still she hadn’t taken her eyes away from him. He slowly placed the geom back on his stack of clothes and grabbed a long roll of fabric. Wiping away the droplets of water that still caused his skin to shimmer and shine, he knelt and washed his dari-sokgot, wringing out the excess water. Slipping into his sok-baji and thicker opaque baji, he lifted his hair and wrung out any remaining water. 

    “If you don’t want him to discover you, we should head back.” Hae’s teasing tone finally brought her eyes away and she let the woman lead her back to camp. 


*** 


    He laughed as he took a bite of the meat Tiye had offered him, eyes dancing with merriment and perhaps even a little mischief. His little one had been acting strange for the past few hours and to say that it bothered him would be an understatement. She seemed uptight, fidgety.  Another laugh rumbled in his chest as he watched the two women outstretch their arms and hobble around each other in circles, humorously ugly expressions on their faces. 

    “Who am I?" Tiye asked, her voice lowered intentionally. The men doubled over with laughter, some obviously intoxicated. 

    “I know! I know who you are!”

    “Who am I?” The woman known as Hae said next, voice just as low as Tiye’s. 

    “The cook Myung-hee! She picks from the plates of the royals before she sends them out. That’s why she’s so fat!”Both women pointed their arms towards the man with a grin. 

    “Correct! Eat your fill before I come to steal it away!” They all bust out laughing and he reached up to dabble at the tears that had formed in the corner of his eyes. Reaching down, he intended to take another bite of his meat but a small brown hand came forward and took it from him, biting into it. Lifting an eyebrow, he watched as she lowered herself down beside him, chewing with a grin on her face. 

    “You intend to steal my meal for real hm?” He asked, grabbing her hand. 

    “Perhaps.” He brought her hand up to his mouth and slowly bit into the meat, eyes never having left hers. 

    “I wouldn’t if I were you.” He answered, tone husky and humored. She pulled her hand away from him and took a small piece of linen, lifting it to wipe away the juice that had seeped onto his chin. 

    “My apologies Wangja-nim.” Grinning, he reached across her and grabbed a large skewer of meat, handing it to her. She smiled in thanks. 

    “What’s wrong? Have I upset you?” He asked, watching as she began to eat, linen pressed delicately underneath her chin to catch any leaking juice from the portion. 

    “No…nothing’s wrong.”

    “You sure eolin-i?”

    “I’m positive.” Nodding then in agreeance, he leaned back to lay upon the ground. Closing his eyes, he let out a loud exhale. 

    “What is on your mind?” She asked, coming to lay her head on his chest. 

    “This day of merrymaking must end.” 

    “Hm.”

    “Tomorrow, we must continue our journey to Song.”

    “Hm.”

    “Tomorrow blood might be shed. Tomorrow those we’ve come to call our comrades thus far might perish.” She lifted up and looked at him as he stared straight ahead, up at the stars that twinkled here and there. 

    “Tomorrow-”

    “Tomorrow is another day not yet here Wangja-nim.” At that, his gaze flickered to hers. 

    “Let us worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.” 

    “For now?”

    “For now, let us enjoy tonight.” Swallowing thickly, he observed as she laid her head back down for a while before pulling away from him completely. Going for her piece of meat, she began to eat heartily, laughing at something Hae whispered into her ear. Swallowing a lump that had formed, he watched her with intense scrutiny…for the first time in perhaps a long time.  Here he was…seventeen summers, set to inherit a Throne and Kingdom…future King…a man who was to be warrior, defender and protector of the People. And so far he couldn’t escape the feeling that eventually…he would have to choose. Love for his country. Or…love-……


Love for Tiye. 


    The thought sent a warm gentle pain to his heart. He…he loved her. He’d never admitted it to himself… tried not to even reflect on the budding feelings. But here and now, the strangest feeling came over him as he allowed the thought to cover him like a warm inviting blanket. Tiye was everything he was told he couldn’t have. She was given no opportunity to succeed or increase her station in life. Set to be lower than dirt… lower than shit for the rest of her life. Unless….unless he gave her one. Feeling his cheeks warm, he took a shaky breath. As of now… only one route would guarantee her ascension. It was one that would change the both of them indefinitely. But in that very moment…he decided. He wouldn’t go without either of them. He would have his Kingdom. And…and he’d have her too.





*** 


    The morning had started off roughly. Hung over, the men seemed to want to be lackadaisical and it was to the threat of each and every one being beaten within an inch of his life that they got up. Wangja-nim was dressed and preparing Dong-Il when everyone gathered, apparently sobered as they took in his intense expression. 

    “Check yourselves. Make sure you have your weapons available and handy.” 

    “Yes Wangja-nim.” His gaze flickered over to the small caravan of men who had led them this far. 

    “From here, how many more days till we reach Song?”

    “Three pyeha. Two if we really push it.” He nodded, satisfied with that answer. 

    “Good then. Tiye.”

    “Yes Wangja-nim?”

    “Ride to my right. At all times. Do not deviate.”

    “Yes Wangja-nim.” He took Yoo-shik in his sight next. 

    “Yoo-shik, you to my left.”

    “Yes Wangja-nim.” 

    “Hae-ah, Sang-Ook-ah, you will directly ride behind me. Is that understood?” Both of them nodded.  

    “You have your orders. Let’s ride.” 


*** 


    By afternoon, hunger had set in but they pushed on, forcing it to wait till later. They had much more ground to cover. Looking up, she felt her throat grow tight. Somehow, the protection that the trees had provided had disappeared and as they traveled further and further down this path, they were increasingly being led into open space. One she did not like. 

    “Wangja-nim.” She spoke curtly, drawing his attention. 

    “What is it?”

    “Did you bring it?” 

    “Bring what?”

    “The map. Did you bring it?” Catching her drift, he immediately halted Dong-Il. 

    “Halt!” He bellowed, reaching behind him for a small canister. Pulling out the map, he lifted his eyes to the small group of men. 

    “Where have you led us?” 

    “On the way to Song pyeha.” Gripping the map in his hands, he nearly crushed it as he spoke again.

    “I’ll ask again. Where have you led us?”   

    “On the way to Song.”

    “Draw your weapons!” He ordered his camp who immediately did so. Taking the eldest one in his sight, he pointed a geom at him. The man for the first time since the trip began showed an outrageous show of emotion, laughing until he leaned over, gripping his horse. 

    “This is where our journey ends together pyeha.”

    “Who the fuck sent you?” He barked, teeth grit together.  

    “Wangja-nim!” Eyes lifted upward as a multitude of men began to gather along the tops of the mountains, arrows drawn. 

    “It wouldn’t matter anyway. You’ll be dead before I even utter a name.” The man lifted his hand and an arrow shot through the air, striking him in the side.

    “WANGJA-NIM!”  Dong-Il screamed and bucked, knocking his owner off of his back. And before they all knew it, a sea of black came raining down upon them. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: AWWW SHNAPPPPP IT DON WENT DOWN. WHEWWW. Our Cheollie admits his feelings for our lovely little lady finally. This is unrelated to the chapter but I have noticed that I have a thing for water scenes LOL. I just noticed that after making this chapter. I don't know why lol. hahaha. Okay I will see y'all soon! Love y'all and please stay safe in this time! Prayers for your families and for your health! May you all be covered in and by the Blood of Jesus. I leave these nuggets of love with you on this Friday night. 

John 14:27 KJV

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

Psalm 27:1 KJV 

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? 

The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

 BE BLESSED. 

D&L 


terms: 

dari-sokgot- It is essentially 'underwear". Consisting of ties on each side. 





OKAY SO I BEEN SAVIN THIS GIF FOR EONS LOL. WHEN I SAW IT I WAS LIKE BRUH THIS IS CHEOL SU BRUH. THIS IS HIM MAD, ANGRY, PISSED OFF AND READY TO FIGHT. LOL. KEEP THIS IN YA MIND. DON'T LET IT GO LOL. 


YEAH WHEN HE WAS CUSSING HIS BROTHER OUT AND CUSSING THIS TRAITOR OUT, THIS WAS THE MOOD, THE ENERGY THE LOOK LOL. (why Hyung-Sik looks so attractive angry I have NO idea but don't mind me ok bye) 

 

Cheol-Su's other expression of utmost seriousness: 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.