Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Seumuldul 

(twenty-two) 

 

 

Song: Aphrodite-RINI 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

He stood by the large pooling waters, the multitude of people once there now gone. Having been bathed, he declined to wear any of their foreign clothes. Declined anything and everything except one thing. To see Tiye. His mind raced a thousand miles per minute and he had begun his unfortunate pacing before a voice stopped him. Turning, he found the woman Tiye had called her sister earlier. She spoke in a language he didn’t understand but the tone suggested friendliness and dripped in curiosity. Swallowing, she lifted a hand and beckoned him towards her. He moved not, jaw tight as he observed her. Where was she to lead him?

     Laughing softly to herself, she pursed her lips and it amazed him just how much like Tiye she appeared. 

    “Tiye?” She asked, voice humored. At that, he blinked and slowly gave a nod. 

    “Tiye.” He answered, swallowing tightly. She pointed towards a long corridor and he quickly put two and two together. She was going to take him to her. Again, he nodded. Smiling gently, she beckoned him forward with a hand and he slowly inched his way towards her. 

 

***

 

    Golden paste trailed down her arm, the consistency that of a cream, full of shimmers. 

    “That strange man you brought with you. Who is he?” Lifting her gaze, she found one of her sisters, Aahhotep standing by the door, arms wrapped around herself. 

    “He is a prince from far away.” She answered, watching as careful brown hands smoothed the golden highlight into her legs. 

    “From where?”

    “Goryeo.”

    “Ah.”  The woman observed as the servants placed an ornate bronze neckpiece on her shoulders and lifted a matching chain to be placed on her hair. The chain hung across her forehead and the bridge of her nose and traveled down the length of her hair, braids having been tied back and plaited into one big tail. 

    “How I’ve missed you little sister.” Turning eyes towards her, she felt her eyes grow misty with tears. At long last, the servants were finished and backed away, heads bowed. 

    “I’ve missed you also dearest. All of you…it has been….hell to say the least without you.” Taking a shaky breath, she smiled as her sister came into the room, brushing away the tears that had leaked from her eyes. Pressing a kiss to her forehead, she smiled against her. 

    “What matters now is that you are home.” 

    “Yes and oh what sweet home it is.” The two women laughed quietly and Aahhotep withdrew her shoulders. 

    “What hell have you endured that makes you shine as an ember of the moon?” At that her cheeks grew warm and she dropped her gaze. 

    “My lady.” Conversation cut short, the two sisters turned towards Anat, who stood humbly by the door. 

    “Our guest waits for you with the Queen Mother. She beckons you.” 

    “Thank you Anat.” 

    “It is my pleasure my lady.” 

 

    *** 

 

    To say that he was surprised would have been an understatement. He was utterly flabbergasted. She had entered but a moment ago and he still had not managed to pick up his mouth from the ground just yet. Laid beneath her feet were petals of flowers and those he assumed were servants laid a spray of them as she neared the group of them. The sharp yip he had heard before sounded and all those except the other members of her family bowed before her, hands outstretched in that peculiar fashion. He felt that strange emotion of before come across him and his eyes began to mist with tears. Gods she was breathtaking, the very air in his lungs now hers to command it seemed. There was no other way to describe her but in relation to something ethereal, something not of this world. A series of humored laughs couldn’t even bring his attention away. She drew nearer and before he knew it stood in front of him. Giggling, she lowered a hand and gently closed his mouth. 

    “Does B’sst have your tongue my love?” She asked, voice soft and humored. Swallowing thickly, he felt his mouth soon after grow dry once more. 

    “Sister.” Turning towards the gathering of women, she smiled at them. 

    “Come, sit. Let us talk.” Withdrawing from him, she sat down on lush pillows. 

    “You finally return to us and not as a girl like you left. But a woman.” At that, her cheeks grew warm and she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, an action not going unnoticed by the group of women. 

    “A beautifully strong woman. Ah our sister… how full our hearts are at your return. “ Eyes growing watery, her sisters enclosed her with a multitude of arms. 

    “You must tell us what you life was like… in this Goryeo.” Swallowing tightly, the smile she had on her face didn’t wan or waver but she instantly started to think on what to omit.     “Goryeo took some getting used to. Everything about it was foreign. The language. The food. People. But, the life I lived in that land is thanks to the man who stands before you. Thank you for not placing him in chains.” At that, her mother’s gaze slid over and up to him. 

    “He shall be seated in our presence. Tell him that.” She requested, tone authoritative. 

    “Of course.” Turning, she spoke to him and the ease in which his mother tongue flowed from her lips impressed and alarmed the women. 

    “My love… please be seated.” He nodded, tears now dry in his eyes but his entire body language suggested he was on high alert. Slowly, he came to sit, now on the same level as the rest of them. 

    “Good, now we may continue.” 

    “What life did you live in this land? Tell us honestly.” The voice of her mother was warm but firm, eyes once again falling to the man who sat tall and still as stone, his face of utmost seriousness. 

    “Mama…I…hesitate to tell you for fear that you shall see to it that he is punished for wrongdoings not his own.” It would not benefit her to lie… not to her mother. For her mother was connected to her in the most intricate of ways. Not even her sisters held the same connection. 

    “Speak freely child.” Taking a deep breath, she clutched her fingers tightly in her lap. 

    “When the traders came and stole me away from you… I was destined for the Arabian nations. However, the King of Goryeo, desired a servant for his then 10 year old son. And thus I was purchased and taken to the palace.” The women listened as she continued, 

    “This man, son to the King is who is before you now. He from the time we were children has only shown me the most tenderness and care.” Now, all of their eyes fell on the man. 

    “Forced into a role less than that of even a slave, had it not been for his intervention and proactive watch, surely I might not be here before you today.”

    “So, they made you a slave.”

    “Anippe.”

    “No, it’s insulting. It’s disgusting to think that my sister…. OUR sister was made to be that of a grain of sand beneath feet of filth.” 

    “It is not his fault and he shouldn’t be held responsible.”

    “If not him then who? Though you defend him earnestly, someone should be responsible for this offense towards us. Towards you.” For a moment, she was quiet and she lifted her eyes to his. At such ferocious glares from the strange women before him, she was sure that he had already decided what he would use to defend himself. Though, she think they both knew that it would not end well. Still, he would put up a fight to the death. 

    “Cheol-su-ah…” 

    “Who are you?” He asked, gaze never wavering from hers. His voice wasn’t hard or rough… but it was full of apprehensive curiosity. 

    “Have I not answered that before my love?”

    “Not in great detail. That I want now.” 

    “What does he say? What do you say Tiye?” 

    “He’s asking my identity.” 

    “So, he’s never before seen you in this way. Of course he hasn’t. He’s been comfortable with you being his slave, in chains, bond and without free will.”

    “Don’t speak for him.” The sisters all turned towards their mother who sat higher than any of them on a bed of elevated luxurious pillows. 

    “Let him speak for himself. Tiye shall translate.” She bowed her head beneath her. 

    “As you wish it to be Mother.” 

    “Resume. Speak freely.” Taking a deep breath, she resumed her turned body towards him. 

    “You wish to know who I am and I will gladly tell you. Anything you wish to know it shall be yours to have.” He swallowed thickly, hands drawn up into fists. But, he spoke not. He waited for his answer. 

    “You’ve never been told of my full name so I shall give to you. To this land, to this Kingdom, I was born Tiye Aminat Khaliset. Both by blood and by destiny, I am charged princess  of these humble yet strong people. We are a people of peace and yet we can undoubtably be a people of war should you cross us wrong.” He sat there, trying to digest the information she threw at him. 

    “Tiye…Aminat….Khaliset.” He repeated, lifting his eyes once again to hers. 

    “Yes. You sit before a royal woman. Like yourself, a future ruler.” 

    “I see.” 

    “Have you told him who you are?”

    “Indeed I have.”

    “And what is his reply?” Before she could answer, he spoke, voice full of reverence and respect. 

    “It is only proper then that we greet each other formally. Allow me to show my sincerest gratitude for your hospitality Gongju-nim.” He lowered his body, pressing his forehead against the warm sandy ground in a full bow, a bow only fit for a King. The action seemed to please her sisters but it sent heat rushing towards her triangle. Licking her lips, she smiled carefully, knowing the eyes of her mother were that of a hawk. 

    “You are not only a guest here in this house of mine. But you are one dearest to my heart. Who would I be not to ensure that you are provided the finest care my love? Come, lift your gaze to mine.” That he did and they mirrored the inner turmoil she felt inside herself. She knew the look well, dwelling inside the dark intense eyes of his.  

    “Man,” The voice of her mother broke their connection and they both turned to her. 

    “Are you as she says? Are you prince of your lands?” His eyebrows knit together but once she translated, he nodded, lowering his head before her. 

    “It is true. I am.”

    “And what is your name?” 

    “It is Wang Cheol-su at your feet Your Highness.” 

    “Lift your eyes.” Without hesitation, he did so and for a while, the woman looked into them, deeply. She made no other sound other than a ‘hm’, drawing the curiosity of the daughters around her. 

    “Let me now hear how you have treated my child…from your own mouth.” 

    “Tiye has been, in my care, shown humanity, adoration and friendship. Though it is true that she was brought to the doors of my palace in chains, I assure you that she did not exist, dwell or remain in them.” 

    “Is what he speaks of true, my child?” 

    “In his care and only in his care yes.”

    “So, what should we do with the rest of his people?”

    “I’ve come to know many good people in the land of Goryeo. Ones, like him, that do not share the sentiment that chattel slavery is acceptable or appropriate. The common people are themselves made slaves, sold from their families just the same as I was. Only the nobility reaps the lavish pleasures of comfortability and wealth.” Again, all the woman said was a jarring ‘hm’ and turned eyes back onto the man. 

    “I will allow him to stay here unharmed. But, should he get out of line… even once, he will be sent back to his shores.” 

    “Yes Mama.”

    “He is free to roam the palace so long as he is with you.” At that, she nodded, gratitude overflowing from her.  

    “Your Highnesses,” Her sisters having stayed quiet too turned their attention to the foreigner, lips all pressed tight. 

    “If you will allow me to further show my thanks to you. I have brought gifts from Goryeo that I pray you will accept.” At Tiye’s translation, the woman sat back against the pillows and lifted a hand, beckoning his gifts to be brought inside. Gorgeous jade colored and white blue celadon ewers, elaborate vases and incense burners were brought in, each placed to the side of her. Next, a host of various silk and ramie hanbok were brought in and some of them made even her sisters gasp in surprise. 

    “What are those Tiye?”

    “They are called hanbok.”

    “Some of them are pretty. Strange but pretty.” Jangot were ushered in next, some matching the hanbok, others not. Each one individual and beautiful. Cases of jade rings, earrings, norigae, jokduri and binyeo were what next met their eyes. At the beautiful ornaments, her sisters got up to observe them all, murmuring amongst themselves. Her heart beat sped up as his eyes found hers. They didn’t leave hers, even as palanquins were brought in and lastly the finest of bows, arrows and weaponry. 

    “Tiye…” That forced her eyes away from his and she too stood, smiling as they asked what some of the ornaments were and what its function was. 

    “You are full of surprises little sister. You were kidnapped from our shores only to return so many years later with a man…a foreign man at that.” Surveying the overabundant gifts that seemed to fill the inner chamber, their eyes were wide with shock. 

    “A foreign man who brings such finery with him. A prince at that. One who is sweet on our dear sister.” Zahra, one of the middle sisters grinned, wiggling her eyebrows. 

    “No man would go to such a length as this unless he wanted to prove a point.” 

    “Well whatever point he wanted to make, he’s made it. Boldly and with such fine taste.”

    “So you all like him now hm?” She teased, pursing her lips. 

    “But a moment ago, you were ready to have him gutted for the offense of his family and now he’s in such good graces. You pitiful wenches.” The group of women giggled and eyed him. 

    “Now that I look at him better, he is quite handsome. With wealth such as this, he’d make a fine husband.” 

    “And that will be for Mother to decide.”

    “Indeed.” Her voice broke up the girlish chatter and all straightened up as the woman finally got up from the pillows. All of them was quiet as she stepped down the small plush ladder and gave each of them a kiss on their forehead. Hers though remained longer than any other of them and when she pulled away, she gave a soft gentle smile. 

    “I’m sure you’ve had quite the journey darling child. Bathe, eat and rest. Tomorrow will be a busy day.” 

    “As you wish it to be Mother.” Giving a vocal sound of approval, she turned her head towards the man still kneeling beneath them all. 

    “Prince known as Cheol-su.” His gaze was strong as it lifted. 

    “I accept your gifts. I accept your presence. For now. Stay with my daughter this night.”

    “Yes Your Highness.” And with that,  she stepped through the doors, after having openly appreciated the palanquins and armor. A host of servants and bodyguards followed closely  behind and soon her sisters followed. Leaving them two alone, amid the luminous candlelight, her heart began to beat heavily. She watched as he stood, shadows of his tall figure expanding up over the walls as he approached until it met and blended with hers. 

    “All this time I was in the presence of royalty and didn’t perceive it.” He spoke quietly, eyes roaming across her body. 

    “Had I, you wouldn’t have endured what you did. You have my word on that.”

    “It was better that you didn’t know.” She spoke, feeling butterflies slam into her stomach as he lifted his eyes. 

    “Your treatment of me would not have differed one way or another. Because of that omission, what blossomed between us was allowed to be both real and uninhibited. Had you known of my identity beforehand, can you honestly say that I would not have met the same fate as Jae-Hwa?” At that he laughed and it sent warm flutters to her womb. 

    “Silly girl, you ask questions that have no merit or importance.” Lifting his hand, he gently skimmed fingers across her cheek, teasing the slender chain that laid upon it. 

    “It would not have changed the course of actions leading up to this point. That is true. I still would have been transfixed by your beauty as a boy of 10. At 14 I still would have fallen in love with you. The thing that would have changed was this: Had I known of your identity before you most certainly would be the one I would have insisted to take as my wife. Jae-Hwa would not have been in the picture at all. I wouldn’t have allowed it.” Her eyes fluttered closed as his lips replaced his fingers. 

    “And if your father had of said no? If he had of refused me?” 

    “Then perhaps here I still would have found myself.” A smile fell across her lips, teeth soon embedding themselves into the plump flesh as his lips kissed down the column of her neck, tongue trailing her collarbone. 

    “I have always regarded you as my equal.” His breath neared a breast, concealed under her neckpiece. 

    “However, it brings me great pleasure to know that we not only share moralistic equity   but equity of blood as well.” Laying a kiss to the shapely flesh to the side of her ornament, he smiled as she took a deep inhale. 

    “You alone are worthy of that equity Tiye. Jae-Hwa can’t compare to you and shouldn’t even be discussed. She is irrelevant to the present situation at hand.” Lifting up slightly, he finally kissed her lips, a slow sweet promise of passion. 

    “Tell me Gongju-nim…will I share your bed this night?” Lifting her arms to wrap around his neck, she answered with a kiss, one that made her spirit dip into his, her tongue dipping deeper. 

    “Should you wish to stay in my good graces then you shall Wangja of Goryeo.” He licked his lips, a tiny little smirk appearing as she took his hand and pulled him towards her, feet leading to what would be another paradise, too rich in treasure. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: HEYYYY Y'ALLLLL! WHEW WEE LOL. So, finally our princess introduces herself (formally of course hehehe) to our prince! Y'all, I was lauis ghin because Cheol-su's expressions to me in my mind were funny as heck LOL. He was SHOOKETH lol. I love the role reversal a bit... mad fire lol. I got another chapter update for you! I work this entire weekend so yeah lol. terms and such below. Beware...I am gonna add a lottta pictures lol. I ain't letting my hard searchin go to waste LOL 

D&L

 

terms: 

B'sst (aka Bast aka Bastet) was an ancient Egyptian goddess, originally of the sun and then of protection, the moon, fertility, pleasure and cats. 

Gongju-nim- means princess. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Gongju was used in Goryeo period so I had to borrow from Joseon era. Still, in my mind, Cheol-su saying it in his low deep and husky voice is possibly the sexiest thing ever? LORD JESUS WHEW. 

ramie- was a type of fabric that only royalty and those wealthy enough to afford it would wear. 

jangot- y'all know in joseon dramas the beautiful hat like things that have a veil on them that the court ladies and gisaeng wear? Yeah those. Except these were smaller in size...hat wise. 

jokduri- traditional Korean coronet worn in formal events, weddings, etc. 

 

binyeo- a traditional hairpin. Wealthy and royal women had realllly nice ones. Like these that Cheol-su gave to the princesses of Kush:

Norigae- intricate decorative tassels hung from hanbok jeogori strings or chima. This is another Joseon thing but I thought it was too pretty to be left out hehe. 

Celadon incense burner:

Jade rings:

Palanquins:

Hanbok:

 

Tiye's outfit: 

 

 

Cheol-su's expression (LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF): 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.