Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

 

Seumulyeoseot

twenty-six

 

 

WARNING: GRAPHIC DEPICTION OF BATTLE


 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

    Fatigue was starting to set in but he would not allow it to deter him from the current task at hand. A long narrow gash traveled down the side of him, streaming blood in rivulets. His entire body was covered in sweat and the hair from his once neat topknot had started to come a loose, messily framing his face and neck. The beast stalked him, circling him, teeth bared in a menacing snarl. But yet it too had cuts and wounds inflicted by his geom. Neither let the other out of its sight and the beast decided it would try to attack, lunging at him. He lifted the spear and shoved it outward, piercing the side. One of the paws swiped him, sharp claws digging deep into him. He let out a pained growl and shoved the spear deeper into the side of the beast. Removing the provided geom, he panted and huffed as the beast snapped the spear in half with his jaws. 

    The eyes of the spectators were all on him, up above sat the royal family, Tiye, her brothers, sisters and Queen Mother. They all watched, some with concern, some with fascination…all at the edge of their seats. This time he didn’t waste any time, running head on towards the beast. He took it down and wrapped his legs around it. Burying a hand into its mane, he tightened one arm around its neck while with the other he used to stab the beast. He roared and thrashed around but he continued to impale him. Embedding the geom into him, he forced the blade to cut through the skin of the belly, forcing hot blood to spray up onto his hands. Leaving his belly he pierced his neck, ignoring the gush of blood that drowned his face. He felt the beast weakly growl before it took its last breath, soon relaxing against him, surrendering its defeat. 

    He let the knife fall out of his hand and let go of the now slain lion, soon coming to hover over it. To the surprise and shock of the crowd, he encircled it with his arms and buried his face into the mangled mane. He felt tears seep out of his eyes, emotions too many to name all hitting him in the chest. Panting harshly against the beast, he whispered something against it before finishing the kill and cutting the head from the body. 

    Slowly, he lifted up onto his feet and drifted his gaze up to the Pharaoh and that of his brothers. Finding the eyes of the Queen Mother and the other princesses of Kush, he bowed his head. Lastly, his eyes found Tiye’s. Her gaze roamed him from head to toe before one of them brought her vision away. Applause, yipping and sounds of thanksgiving soon filled the arena and a few awaiting servants beckoned him to follow. 

    “Come this way brother. Let us clean you.” Nodding, he let them take him into the Palace where a warm welcomed bath and physicians awaited him. 

 

*** 

 

    To say that she was beyond pleased would have been an understatement. Days later, her sisters were still talking about it. Had she been given the chance, she would have went straight to his tent and demanded he take her right then and there. Injuries, sweat and blood be damned. Seeing him fight the beast had brought about an almost animalistic hunger that set her womanhood on fire each time she dwelled on him. Though desire wasn’t abnormal, the ferocity of it concerned her. In talking with the priestess, she revealed that a solar eclipse was approaching. Because of it, the energy of the moon was intensifying within her, her feminine force seeking out the sun and masculinity in him. The perfect time she reasoned for them to wed. 

    Mama had given the approval and with Cheol-su recovering from the battle still, she had been busy trying to prepare herself mentality, spiritually, emotionally and physically for the night to come. 

    “Do you think it’s time for him to receive his scarification?” Lifting from her posture of prayer, she turned to face Zahra and her brother Bienra. 

    “When he is ready to receive it then it will be time.” She answered, feeling a chill go through her. 

    “It’s been over a week since anyone has seen him. The word from the physicians is that he is recuperating well.” Nodding, she smiled as a soft little head pressed against her ankle.       

     “Hello my little friend.” Leaning down to pick up the kitten, she kissed the purring little creature. 

    “My how big you’re growing!” Lifting eyes back onto her siblings, she spoke again. 

    “I will visit Sekhemrekhutawy this evening to determine if we should proceed. Though frankly, I don’t see what’s the rush of us getting married.”

    “The priestess concurs that you must wed on the solar eclipse. She is predicting peak fertility and names of children as we speak.” Bienra spoke, voice laced with seriousness. It wasn’t appropriate to joke so she was going to hold off, at least until Mr. Stone Rock was out of the picture. 

    “She’s eager isn’t she?”

    “Mother has told us all that Sekhemrekhutawy will bring great victories to Kush. His blood is stronger and life blood even stronger so she is most definitely going to be expecting children.” Her eyes fell to the big beautiful golden eyes that peered up at her. 

    “I think for now you should go to him. Visit. I’m sure he misses you sister.”

    “I will.” Smiling at them both, they left her alone and soon even the kitten decided that it wanted to explore other areas of the Palace, leaving her be.

    When she went to him that night he was asleep. She’d gently kissed his brow and smoothed the hair back from his face. Eyes fell to the wounds he’d received from the lion. The claw marks were healing well and didn’t look as though they would leave too badly a scar. However, the long narrow gash that had been torn into his side was stitched closed and while it too was healing, she could tell that it would scar permanently. He sighed in sleep and turned towards her, breath falling on her knees. Smiling, she leaned down and pressed soft gentle kisses around the healing scar. He sighed again as if the action soothed him and pressed his forehead against her. Lifting up, she laid down next to him, nestling her head against his chest. Feeling his heart beat strongly against her palm made her calm and brushing her lips against his shoulder, she let slumber fall upon her. 

 

*** 

 

    The next few days had come and gone, filled with blood, pain, joy and excitement. He’d bared his back to her the day of his scarification and though the wounds were fresh, weeping blood, she found them desirable and beautiful. He’d pulled her to his chest in spite of the pain, asking her to explain just what it meant to have the perfectly aligned rows of puckered nubs and lines adorn the spans of his back. Proudly, eyes full of tears she told him that he had been made God in the flesh. It asserted his status as royal blood, chief, future King and deification as Amun Ra, god of the sun. He lifted his hands to caress her face and wiped her tears away with the pads of his thumbs. Smiling, his teeth shone as pearls and he kissed her again and again until the pain came to be too much. 

    That night he had just finished dressing when she’d come to fetch him. Her mother must have selected the ensemble and oh how good it looked on him. A golden breastplate sat atop his chest, precious stones embedded into the setting from front to back. A matching neckpiece emphasized his broad shoulders and on his biceps each laid an azure and gold armlet. The startling white skirt wrapped around his waist, drawing an envious hum from some of the women and cascaded to his calves, deep red and blue pattern, ties and fringe. His hair had been pulled half up into a ponytail, the remaining framing his face and traveling down his back. 

    She wore a form fitting beaded dress, a thin linen shift underneath. Upon her neck was a blue-green neckpiece, the ends having beautiful white beads and cowrie shells attached at the ends. Her hair had been braided, fashioned like her mother and her sisters, in the shape of a crown, a gold cast providing and holding the shape. The remaining braids were left to hang down her back, two across her shoulders. Gorgeous golden leaves were clipped at the front of the plaits, lining alongside her hairline. For the longest time, he’d just stared at her, too stunned to move. She’d breathed life back into him by way of a kiss and she welcomed his arms that encircled around her. 

    Together, they joined hands and approached her family and those of her village. Tears welled up in the eyes of the women and they threw themselves down at not just her feet but his as well, raising their hands up as to receive blessings. Smiling against her, he looked out over the multitude of black swaying bodies and felt his throat grow tight with emotion, much like the time he’d first arrived there. But this time… this time was different. This time, these women, men and children no longer felt like strangers. They belonged to Tiye and now in a way to him as well. 

    “Come Sekhemrekhutawy. Let us dine and celebrate your approaching union.” The Queen Mother said, outstretching her hand to him. Letting go of Tiye, he grit his teeth and inhaled through his nostrils as pain rippled through his back. Bowing before her, he brought her hand to his lips. 

    “As you wish your Highness.” 

 

*** 

 

    Sienna eyes looked out across the horizon, chest was tight with unspoken emotion. 

    “You’re deep in thought. Didn’t sleep well hm?” Turning, they took in the sight of Tiye’s mother. Smiling softly, he sighed deeply. 

    “I didn’t rest well at all.” 

    “That’s to be expected. Today you shall take my daughter as your wife.” Swallowing thickly, he bowed his head, eyes once again finding the horizon, the sunrise outlining and painting his beautiful beckoning colors of the world upon the shapes of the pyramids. 

    “What troubles you Sekhemrekhutawy? Your spirit is heavy.” He hadn’t realized just how much Tiye took after her mother. Both of them had an uncanny ability to read him top to bottom without him even having to say so much as a word. They could see inside his soul it seemed… read the tablet of his spirit heart. 

    “I…I miss my home.” At that, the woman reached across and took hold of his hand. 

    “You will return there. Sometime in the foreseeable future. You shall leave us and take my daughter with you.” Blinking, his mouth dropped open. She continued, her eyes also on the horizon. 

    “There is a great threat to your homeland. One that will wipe out every man, woman and child should you not return.”    

    “Your Highness-”

    “Your duty to your motherland is just as important if not more than the duty to Kush. I understand that very well Cheol-su.” At the use of his name, he felt his cheeks grow warm as his eyes found her. 

    “I will not get in your way. It is something you and Tiye must do. Together.” 

    “I don’t wish to cause you heartache. You, your daughters, sons…except Diogenes… have been so kind to me. Welcoming in a stranger and embracing him as one of your own.” Smiling, she turned those mystifying eyes back onto him. 

    “Diogenes was hard on you yes but you must understand that Tiye is his youngest sister. He in his way wanted to protect her. To make sure you were the one deserving of her.” Nodding, he tightened his jaw. That he could understand. Very well. Should Mishil be in the same position, he’d probably have done something similar. Though he had striven to make his days hell initially, Diogenes had warmed up to him…slightly. The Queen Mother sighed, bringing him away from his thoughts. 

    “It is true that you are now like a son that admittedly I will miss. However, it is not my place to get in the way of destiny. Your fate is to be in Goryeo. Ascend to the Throne and rule. That much I know.”

    “And Tiye?”

    “She will be happiest wherever you are. Be it here or there, her place will be found with you and only with you. You are her Amun Ra, her guiding light. Where you shine, she will follow, the moonlight behind her.” He swallowed again, holding onto her fingers a bit tighter.     

    “Kush will always remain my second home. It will forever be dear to my heart.” The woman smiled and for a while just looked at him, those eyes of hers sinking into the depths of his soul.

    “Come now, I’m sure you hunger. Fill your belly and ease your mind. You will be gaining a good thing today.”

    “Mm.” He moved to pull his hand back but the woman held tight to him and he let her, helping her into the cool shade of the palace where his love sat waiting for him, food covering the tables. Sitting down, he winked at her and they began to feast. 

 

*** 

 

 

    A small soft tipped brush glided across her lips, staining the flesh a soft red. Hands carefully dapped some golden shimmer at her tear ducts as others finished unbinding her hair, having been stretched with twine. A dressing made with lavender, honey and mint soothed and moisturized the thick plentiful strands and a comb with wide teeth glided through them. Gathered together, two holders held it all together, one crystalline blue and another jadeite and gold.

     Upon her body was placed a sheer linen dress, dyed black from iris root. A similar fabric bound her chest and covered her triangle, hips and buttocks. Large thick gold hoop earrings were fastened into her ears, thin rings around her neck and a plethora of smaller bangles covered her entire forearm. A radiant red scarf wrapped around her head and shoulders. Lastly, a crown made of dried leaves, flowers and berries painted various shades of blue and dipped in gold sat atop her head. 

    “My lady you are magnificent.” Anat praised, bowing her head. She took in her reflection in the floor length shard of glass and for a moment, even her breath caught in her throat. She’d never before felt so beautiful and it made her eyes tear. 

    “My Gods Tiye…” Turning, she faced her sisters. They all hugged one another, watery smiles on their faces. Sister Nettie came forward and lifted her hands to her cheeks. 

    “If only Baba could see you now menre.” At that, tears fell and Nettie was quick to wipe them. 

    “You would have made him very proud. Such an honorable daughter you are. Incarnate of  Isis herself.” Her smile was unsteady and the gentle thumbs of her sister continued to bat the tears from her weeping eyes. 

    “Let us go visit him. He must see you now, no longer a child. Surely he will rejoice seeing you now as a woman, one to be married.” She nodded and swallowed any remaining tears, a pretty smile following. 

    “I for one can’t wait to see your groom. Mother told us he is dressing in the style originating from his country.” She felt her heart blossom. That would make for a treat to the eyes. It had been so long since she’d seen him in hanbok. She couldn’t wait to see him. 

    “Yeah much like when he first arrived to us. I forget what you call them.”

    “Hanbok.” She answered with a grin. 

    “Ah…yeah well… Such strange clothes. They resemble a dress.”

    “I much prefer him in our style. That way you can tell he’s a man. There’s no mistaking that body of his.”

    “Nettie!”

    “I only speak the truth. Besides, I have told you before that he is not my type. Simply eye-candy.”

    “Hm.”

    “Sure.”

    “Think of what Ioassê would say if he heard you.” Nettie sucked her teeth. 

    “Tuh. I most certainly am not going to give up the pleasures of life for one man.”

    “Okay daughter of Hathor.”

    “She always was my favorite Goddess any how so thank you.” The sisters joined in laughter as they headed towards the entrance gate, their brothers, mother and other members of their party waiting.

    Upon sight of her, her mother’s eyes grew soft with love. Her lips remained pursed and she quickly resumed her stern countenance. Her brothers all smiled and their eyes turned to the same person hers did. Her breath whooshed out of her as if someone had struck her. He stood by his stallion tall lean and firm, back facing her. The wide brim of his gat cast a shadow of shade upon his shoulders but what it did not cover shone like rubies in the sun. Sure to be seen as plain back in Goryeo, his hanbok was anything but as it traveled down the length of him. A beige and grey jeonbok covered his immediate person, a soft blue-purple dopo accented nicely underneath and a matching saejodae was neatly tied around his waistGods she hadn’t even seen the front of him but already he looked so handsome. 

    “Are you lost in your thoughts dearest?” She asked, the tongue of Goryeo coming easy and tasted bittersweet. At that, he turned and his eyes grew wide as they traveled down her body. His mouth fell open and he appeared as if he had been encased in ice. At his reaction, Chem-tat-ef and Aimenamun chuckled, whispering amongst themselves. He cleared his throat and swallowed thickly, allowing his middle finger to appear behind his back. 

    “None too pressing to be of concern.” Smiling, she approached him, lifting hands to press against the smooth soft silk of the jeonbok

    “Good.” He lifted his hands to lightly press against her waist. 

    “You look stunning.” She felt her cheeks warm and she bit her lip in a small smile. 

    “You also.” 

    “Alright alright. We best get a move on. The longer we wait, the more intense the sun will grow.” Chem-tat-ef obnoxiously interrupted, a playful smirk on his face. Hissing her teeth at him, she pursed her lips and mounted an awaiting mare. Her mother set off first followed by Diogenes. The rest of them followed closely, the sun already starting to scorch. 

    Looking out across the lands, she smiled to herself. Meroe was a half a day’s journey and by the time it was finished, she would be his wife. Turning her eyes towards him as he trotted next to her, she felt her heart melt. It had taken three years and coming to Kush to make it happen. Was she even certain that she wanted to return to Goryeo? Of that she wasn’t sure. Would things change in his homeland? Would she be forced to assume the life she once had? What she did know what that she would cherish these moments with him in the present now…this slice of paradise they’d happened upon…If it never ended she’d be happy for the rest of her life. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: OKAY FIRST AND FOREMOST CHEOL-SU AND TIYE ARE BEYOND CUTE AND THEY DESERVE THE WORLD LOL. That fight with the lion was intense guys! Whew! We all know what our prince is made of and he did so well...even showing respect for the beast which he had slain at the end. WOW. My favorite bit this chapter is the interaction between Cheol-su and Tiye's mother. Love that bonding time! Okay guys, next chapter they finally get married!! I thought about uploading it but then I'm like well....do I really want to upload ALL of the chapters I worked on this past week? I think I'ma hold off and let these three marianate lol. I love y'all and thank y'all for y'all continued support! I got a lot going on with teasers and I know it can be dizzying to keep up with them all lol. But for now, my main story of focus is this one. Once it is finished, I will move onto something else <3 I will see y'all soon hehe 

God bless! Hope y'all stayin safe and healthy! 

DL~

 

Terms:

menre- beloved in Hieratic 

jeonbok-a sleeveless vest of sorts

dopo-outer robe or coat. It is mostly associated with seonbi or Confucian scholars in the Joseon period. 

saejodae-a tasseled cord used as a belt. 

Hathor-is said to be the goddess from which Isis derived. Goddess of the sky, love, fertility, motherhood, dance and music. 

 

OUTFITS: 

Tiye (accompanied by a visual of her physical aesthetic)  

 

 

(I've been waiting until it was time to bring these out. When I first saw these pictures I immediately saw and thought TIYE. OMG IT'S TIYE. lol. The model is absolutely gorgeous and the outfit is simply divine.)

 

Cheol-su 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.