Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

ten. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    Slender white fingers skimmed across the letter as eyes read it again. 

 

    Dearest Baron and the Lady Nolan, 

 

    I offer my sincerest congratulations at the birth of your son Edward. Being that he is heir, it would be most appropriate for a gift to be given to show my regard. Allow me to formerly introduce myself. I am the Marquess of Severa and it pleases me to make your acquaintance. Word has reached me that you are to hold a grand party soon. Being that some noble families pick and choose who they connect with, I believe it has caused great rift between us all. Allow me to apologize for not introducing myself earlier. Should you allow me to grace your presence, I believe there is much we may find we have in common. I do readily expect your most prompt and speedy reply and again give my warmest regards to your House. Take care and Godspeed. 

 

    Lips smiled and teeth inched out to bite the bottom one. My, my, my…what a way with words. Lifting eyes upward to gaze upon her husband, she put the letter down. 

    “Darling.” He didn’t look at at her but remained quiet should she speak. 

    “Have you heard of one named Severa?” He continued to write. 

    “Yes. They have in previous years attended parties here and had quite a good relationship with my fathers of past.”

    “Whatever happened?” 

    “They uprooted themselves and traveled further east I heard. No one has heard from them since then. Why do you ask?”

    “A Marquess of Severa just sent us a letter.” He stopped writing. 

    “Interesting. They’ve not had contact with our or any other noble family for years.” Handing it to him, she watched him read from beginning to end. 

    “Well, it seems they want to reacquaint themselves with the rest of us at last hm? Pompous pricks.”

    “Darling!”

    “They have always thought they were better than the rest of us. As if they themselves created heaven earth and even hell.” Watching as he cast aside the letter, he began to write again. 

    “Could we invite them? I’m curious to see these recluses.” 

    “It is your matter. I don’t care either way.” Smiling, she pressed a kiss to his temple and left him be. 

 

 

*** 

 

    Standing by a window, she glanced down below. This was the fifth carriage to pull into the property and it was only half past noon. She wondered what was it about this party that had Lady Nolan employing the need for so many dresses. She watched as yet another heavy stack of them were removed from the carriage and placed into several of the maids’ arms. 

    So quickly, time had passed and it was to be a couple weeks away. As usual, the house had been buzzing with activity and she’d been stretched here and there and where. She’d be glad when the whole damn thing was over with and done. Sighing, she drew away from the stairs and headed down to the kitchen. Today, she was assigned to help the cook prepare the dishes. Stepping into the heat from the many ovens, she lifted a gloved hand to wipe her brow. 

    “Zadie, go down to the market will you? The master of the house is going to be hosting a grand party soon as you know and is expecting everything to be in order. While we have the time, we should start to pickle and jelly.” Blinking at the stern face of the woman, she nodded her head. 

    “Sure…I just got here though.”

    “There’ll be plenty for you to do when you return. Likely, it’ll be an all day affair. Hurry along now.” Swallowing, she removed her gloves and left, going to retrieve her bonnet and her cloak

    By the look of the cool grey clouds that hovered above the city, rain was sure to paint the city wet and dismal and it would be a welcome change of pace for once. Pressing her basket against her stomach, she kept her gaze down and started her long journey to the town square. 

 

*** 

 

    A young man crashed into the wall, teeth bared. Before he could make a move, a long slim sword guided his head upward.

    “Are you finished with your tantrum?” Molten silver eyes stared up at him, his a cool icy blue. 

    “Once again, you’ve made me to be your dog.”

    “I’ve done nothing of the sort.” 

    “Since you’ve come back, you’ve done nothing but shit on us.” 

    “Perhaps if you did not rebel we would fare much better.” Fangs hissed at him and he smirked at the insolent child. Kneeling down, he let the edge of the sword tease the boy’s throat. 

    “I am trying to teach you a better way boy. One that will not get you killed.”

    “I don’t need you to teach me anything.”

    “Is that right?” 

    “Ivenir and Severa have always been mortal enemies. What makes you think you can change that?” 

      “I don’t think I can. I know I can.” 

    “Arrogant sod.” 

    “The rift between our families was not caused overnight. Nor have either family done much to repair it. But that was then. This is now.” The boy looked away and it was then that the sword was removed from his neck. 

    “The humans war against each other. They kill each other with no thought else of consequence. They cause their own destruction. Somehow, we have become just like them. It disgusts me.” 

    “Yeah?” 

    “I was once like you Tovan. I once spat on the sires who tried to steer me in the right way. I get where you are.” Outstretching a hand, he waited, eyes now stern. 

    “There is too much bullshit going on in the world right now for us to stoop to the level of scum. You are not scum. And neither am I.” The boy refused his hand and stood up, arms crossed. 

    “Their misfortune is their own fault. And that of the slaves. They caused their own destruction. Why should we care about their affairs?” Letting his hand fall to his side, he swallowed. 

    “We should care because at any moment… lest we not be careful… the plight of the slaves could soon be the same plight we suffer. It would do well to take heed.” The boy pushed past him, his bright blonde hair glowing as he stepped into the sunlight of day. Jaw tight, he stood up tall and too entered into the day, stepping into his awaiting carriage. 

 

*** 

 

 

    Mindful of the oncoming Lords and Ladies, she stayed out of the way as she walked, cradling her basket to her. The cool breeze slipped across her neck and she sighed in relief. She hoped it would rain soon. The cry of the newsboys and penniless children could be heard for blocks, all around there were beggars hoping to catch but one pence from a pitying hand.               

 In moments like these… she was reminded of her childhood. She’d once been the beggar child. Dirty. Cold. Hungry. Hoping she could earn enough to buy a sixpence pie or maybe an ale. It would do well to be grateful. You could always be displaced elsewhere. The words of some of the Negro maids rattled her brain. Isn’t it better to be the bed slave of one man as opposed to fifteen? Take your pick Zadie. No… it wasn’t better. None of it was acceptable. Inhaling through her nostrils, she tried not to focus on the dull ache starting in her thighs and lower legs. This walk she had always hated. It was so very far. 

    Hearing the onset of a horse’s shoes upon the cobblestone, she stepped up onto the sidewalk as it neared, waiting for it to pass. It instead stopped right across from her. 

    “Excuse me Miss.” Lifting her eyes from the ground, she found a handsome man as coach driver smiling at her. Having climbed down from his seat, he bowed as like a gentleman. 

    “Need you a ride?” 

    “No sir…I humbly thank you for the offer.” She tried to walk away but he stepped in front of her, blocking her path. Already, eyes drew their way, from behind the stiff necked fans and whispering mouths. 

    “Miss, I implore you to get into the carriage. It is dangerous for you to be out here alone without a gentleman to accompany you.” The truth stung but yet she reasoned that she would be fine. She’d walked this way several times and not had an incident yet.

    “Sir-”

    “Besides, ‘aven’t you heard that it’ll rain? It won’t do for you to get your dress wet.” Lending her his arm, he kept a friendly expression on his face as she slowly took hold of it. 

    “There is someone waiting inside that knows you.” He whispered against her bonnet, much taller than she. 

    “I give you my word that you shall arrive to your destination safely. Where to are you heading?” Swallowing thickly, she answered quietly. 

    “T-the market…” 

    “Very well then. Go on inside.” Nervous and hot, she let the stranger lead her to the carriage. Under the intense scrutiny of the Ladies and Gents who had stopped to watch, he opened the door and offered her a hand. Gripping her skirts, she took hold of it and climbed inside. 

    Setting eyes on the person who sat across from her, she gasped loudly, speech tangling up in her throat. With a crack of the whip the carriage began to move and yet she had not taken her eyes off of him. At her expression of shock, he delighted her with a laugh, humor bleeding into his ethereal features. 

    “It’s been a long time hasn’t it…little one?” Straightening her back, she pressed imaginary wrinkles out of her dress, cheeks producing a deep dark red blush in her cheeks. 

    “…I-Indeed.”

    “Did you think I forgot about you Zadie? My promise to you?”

    “No…No…I…well…” Eyes drifted up across his appearance. Starting from his shiny black leather shoes upward to the beige breeches that were so well tailored to him they appeared painted on. Her cheeks flushed darker as she shyly happened across his crotch, of which under her scrutiny had produced the hard tight knot of an aroused member. Peaks of white lace teased the eye and a navy blue double breasted Regency tailcoat adorned his top half, unbuttoned to reveal a matching beige vest and pure white cravat about his neck. 

    “Running errands were you? Where to then?” He spoke, that playful teasing reverberating in a thick perfectly Cockney accent. 

    “Ah…the market please.” 

    “Very well.” Taking a shaky breath, she looked up to find him staring at her most intensely. 

    “You’re clutching your hands so tightly I fear they’ll lose color.” Before she could answer, the sound of rain began to pour and it hit fiercely against the carriage windows. 

    “And you are so far away from me. Why I wonder?” He asked, humor now leaving his voice in favor of something else… 

    “My-My Lord…I-”

    “Drop the titles. There is no one here but you and I.” Pressing her thighs together, she bit into her bottom lip. 

    “Kieran…h-how did you…how did you find me?”

    “I told you I would always be nearby. You’ve never left my sight. Not once.” Hands finally unclenched and arms unwound themselves from her basket. 

    “Come to me my sweet. Let me look upon you.” Slowly, she took a breath and got up, taking his outstretched hand. Watching as he lifted her smaller one to his mouth, she felt heat bleed through her skin and all of a sudden she felt sweat all over. This had to be a dream. A cruel mirage of her deepest wants and desires. 

    “Come…” His voice beckoned her still, low, silky, and masculine. His hands took hold of her hips and pulled her in between his legs. 

    “K-Kieran…”

    “Much better. Don’t you think so?” His lips smiled at her but his eyes, God in heaven his eyes were full of fire and hunger and it made her instantly moist, wetness soaking through her drawers. Taking a hand from her hips, he dropped it further, feeling the fullness of her derriere. He didn’t grab or pinch, just followed her body’s curves until he came to the back of her legs. One he did gently lift and pull towards him, forcing her to sit partially on his lap. 

    “Have you missed me as much as I’ve missed you?” He asked quietly, lifting her other leg upward to fully pull her into a sit. Lips kissed the column of her throat, of that exposed and uncovered by the thin white shawl about her shoulders.

    “Yes…” She breathed, relaxing her fingers on his shoulders, offering up her neck for his assault. If only he knew… since his leaving all those years ago… he had possessed her in dreams at night. Embarrassing and improper, he would always manage to make her gasp, sigh and cry until she found herself wet between her thighs, skin warm with sweat. The array of emotions dwelling in her eyes excited him…no…they made him hunger in a most dangerous way.

    “I wonder if I’ve visited your dreams as much as you have mine.” Her cheeks flushed a becoming shade of red and she fumbled over her words. Could he too read minds? He took hold of her derriere, grasping the cheeks firm enough to make her gasp. 

    “It’s alright Zadie. There’s nothing to be ashamed of.” Lifting timid eyes upward, she watched as he smiled, hands drifting back up her back. 

    “I’ve dreamt of this moment… this day for a long time. So many times before I grew impatient…so many times before I could have ruined everything.” Lifting hands to the ties to her cloak, he cast it aside. 

    “It had to be now. Had to be this moment, a gift for my patience and long suffering.” He spoke, kissing at the skin not covered by the high necked shawl. He wanted to tear the clothes from her body, spread her legs and take her; grab hold of her plump cheeks and watch as she impaled herself on his erect phallus…again and again until his seed filled her welcoming cavern. MATE. BREED MATE. 

    The very thought of it almost had him forget himself… but for a moment. His fangs had extended and saliva dripped from them, eager to taste her from both her neck and the triangle between her legs. Calm yourself. He’d take his time. She was not to be taken like a whore. No…she was no slut. She was his sunlight. His very own love offering. She was his beloved little human mate. 

    Pulling the ties to her apron apart, he pulled the delicate lace habit away, much gentler with it than the cloak. Nimble fingers took apart the pins to her dress, enough to expose her throat and chest covered in the stays and chemise of her undergarments.  YES. MATE. BREED. Her breath came quickly and the swells of her breasts rose and fell. She swallowed rocks and her heart beat frantically in her chest.    

    “Zadie…look at me.” His voice was throaty and serious, eyes though filled with desire, pierced her with intensity. She allowed his hand to take her cheek. 

    “Forgive my impolite behavior. I am most sorry.” Her body answered him, the sweet heady scent of her womanhood’s arousal filling the carriage like a perfume. BREED. He’d grown erect to the point of pain but it didn’t matter. It was easily fixable. For a moment, she said nothing as she leaned forward to press her face against his chest, the occasional rock and tilt of the carriage audible. Swallowing thickly, he wrapped arms around her, breathing deeply through his nostrils. 

    “Don’t be sorry.” He heard her soft reply, lips pressed against the side of his cravat. Her warm breath bled through and teased his flesh to goose pimples. 

    “Sir, we have arrived at the market.” At that, the carriage came to a stop. Outside, through the rain, the sounds of the market crashed into his senses and he cursed it all, having to let her go. She lifted up from her comfortable little nestle spot and lifted a hand to his cheek. Though he could see and feel her timidity, he was pleased in the chaste little kiss she pressed against his lips. She was so precious he thought as she pulled away from him. Though she was a grown woman, in the matters of sexual intercourse she was that of an innocent virgin. Shy and timid…not truly understanding what she felt or why. Her introduction to the realm of intercourse had been bestowed upon her by force and it had been something that had almost completely destroyed her. He could see it…He saw the desperation and agony then. And though it had been years later…even though she knew him…desired him…he could see the paralyzing fear that still persisted in her eyes. 

    “I will accompany you inside.” His tone breached for no argument and she nodded, lifting up off of his lap, eyes downcast as if embarrassed.  He would take it step by step….little by little. She began to pin her dress back to proper state and slowly put the shawl back around her shoulders with a small pin here and there. He’d prove to be the indoctrination she most deserved and needed. With him she would begin to see that the realm of pleasure involved no pain. No abuse. No anguish. With him, she’d experience trust. Love. Pure ecstasy.  By the end of it all, she’d be that of a flower ready and willing to receive him. 

    Taking in the tossed aside apron, she kneeled and picked it up, carefully folding it so that it would not wrinkle. Turning, she stood still as he pressed a kiss against her cheek, another against her neck. Smiling, he lifted the hood up over her head. 

    “Let’s go.” Before he could get out of the carriage, she grabbed his hand. 

    “Kieran…”

    “Yes my love?” 

    “Thank you…” Feeling his chest swell, he simply lifted her hand to his mouth and pressed a kiss against it. Getting out, he offered her his hand to which she accepted as she exited. Lifting her hand to his arm, they entered the market together, the shelter providing refuge from the pour. 

 






Chapter End Notes:

A/N: ehehehehehehehehehehehehe OUR BABIES REUNITEDDDDDDD EEEEEEE LOL. I totally got Abel feels writing the carriage scene. UGH. Just somethin about it... his delivery of words... mmf. lol. We in for it y'all. Just a warning. lol. I love the tenderness he shows her... it's beautiful. Okay sooooooooo I would leave it here butttt lol. I think I have an even better place to leave off at hehehe. One more update~

D&L~

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.