Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta Reader: Jsilver2000
Summary: Nyota battled the Vixens, but afterward she was able to convince them to join the Sisterhood. She was in a constant battle to maintain her position, but her influence and the Sisterhood numbers were increasing. But there were other concerns in the wings...
See the source imageSee the source image




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Signs of the Pon Far

While Nyota was fighting the Vixens, Semek was hampered below decks. Somehow the deck Uhura was on was blocked off by Kirk's security men, including the turbolift, which had been set to bypass that deck. It was his job to observe her interactions and render any service she needed.

"I must proceed to the next level; I am on an assignment that requires my attention."

"Sorry; the upper deck is under repairs and not accessible for the moment," Hendrick replied.

"Is Commander Spock aware of these repairs?"

Hendrick chuckled and folded his arms: "It is not Commander Spock's concern, and it's only for another 30 minutes. Find somewhere else to go."

Semek was determined, he tried the stairs and tube ladders, but they too were blocked. The best he could do was take up a position near her quarters and wait. He knew his S'haile would not be pleased to find that his chosen one was missing. The report would not be pleasant. Semek managed to remain undetected, and about 20 minutes later he observed Uhura walking to her quarters. He noticed her hair was disheveled and that her body glistened with sweat.

"The female has been in another altercation," he thought. He watched her enter her quarters and waited 15 minutes before he left his observation post. Semek would have to report that he had been unable to maintain his surveillance of the S'haile's intended mate. Semek's duty was to protect the S'haile at all costs, but Spock's fascination with the Terran female confused him. He understood T'Pring's role: she was pledged to marry and serve the S'haile, but she had failed to perform her duty. The betrothal had been intended to unite the S'chn T'gai clan and the S'oleh-nau clan-the two most powerful clans on Vulcan-but it failed due to T'Pring's infidelity. In the wake of that, S'haile Spock had chosen another-a strong Terran female who had managed to fight off multiple attacks.

Semek entered their shared suite, which combined three officers' quarters and chimed S'haile Spock's private room. The door opened to show Spock in his dimly lit room, facing the portal into space and watching the stars passing.

"S'haile Spock, I have failed you."

Spock turned his head slightly.

"She was traveling on Deck 3. In my attempt to follow discreetly behind her, Captain Kirk's men prevented me from entering the area; the deck was blocked off from all for 25.5 minutes. All alternative routes were also blocked by Kirk's men. I proceeded to wait near her quarters. She appeared 22.45 minutes later, after the blockade was lifted. I do not know where she was during that time."

"How did she appear?"

"She... she apparently has engaged in a physical altercation."

Semek saw the tense stance of his S'haile and slowly looked down toward his hand to see a stylus. He watched as the pen began to bend in Spock's grasp.

"She lives, S'haile-the female is a strong fighter!"

"After we have carried out our mission on Omicron Ceti VII, prepare to visit Lieutenant Commander Scott to punish him for his attack on Lieutenant Uhura."

"Yes, my lord."


Semek left to attend to his next duty. He went to Shath's room and rang his door chime. Shath opened the door to receive him and raised his hand in the ta'al.

"Please lock the door and sound-proof the room," Semek asked.

Semek quickly scanned the room for devices with his tricorder and found it clean. He looked Shath in the eye: "How long does he have?"

Shath raised his brow at Semek's directness: "Perhaps two months, but maybe only weeks. I am unable to give a more precise estimate due to the S'haile's half-Terran physiology. What has happened to cause you concern?"

"I saw him deform a stylus when he was informed of the condition of his intended mate."

"What is the condition of his mate?"

"She has been in another altercation. It is unknown who the assailant was. I was hindered from performing my duties. Also, the S'haile has requested that we eliminate the engineer for his attack on her."

"I will observe him more closely. If the symptoms progress, I will notify him of his condition. What of T'Pring?"

"She is serving him as ordered, but if she becomes aware of his condition, there will be a problem."

"There will be no problem. S'haile Spock has made his choice-no matter how unorthodox it may be. It is our duty to protect and serve our future Lord. Your service honors the House of S'chn T'gai. Semek, you have performed satisfactorily."

"I am grateful, Healer Shath. We have a common goal to uphold the honor of the heirs of Surak."

"Continue with your duties."

Semek bowed his head and left Shath's room. He encountered T'Pring in the central room of the Vulcans' quarters: "You have done well, T'Pring, in your service to the S'haile."

She tilted her head: "I am here to serve all the S'haile's needs."

"Continue to serve and bring honor to your family and clan, T'Pring. As well as to the Empire."

"May I ask a question, Semek?"

"Proceed."

"What is this sensation over the female Lieutenant Commander Uhura? It seems the males on this ship desire her presence. Why is this?"

"You are correct in your observation of the Lieutenant Commander. Beyond her exemplary performance of her duties as a communications officer, it seems she possesses attributes and skills that are attractive to or entertain the males on this ship."

T'Pring was taken back by his answer and was determined to inquire further.

"The males on this ship often find her physical stance and movements entertaining. Is there some significance to them?"

Just then Stonn arrived to give his report and joined the conversation:

"Significance? To what?" Stonn asked.

"T'Pring is inquiring why the males on this ship find Lieutenant Commander Uhura's physical appearance appealing." Semek replied. "There are many possible explanations that Vulcan may not perceive or understand. I have noticed that the men observe the swivel motion of her hips."

Stonn concurred: "I agree. They often pause to observe her for several moments."

Then T'Pring added: "They also seem to have an attraction to her large mammary glands. They sometimes stare at them with perspiration forming on their faces."

"Yes, I have listened to their conversations in the galley in which they state her large mammary glands are enjoyable to watch as she moves. I do not understand the significance of it; the sole purpose of mammary glands is to produce milk for newborn children, am I correct?" Stonn asked.

Semek realized that the S'haile would not likely be pleased to find them talking about his mate in this manner.

"I have no answer to your questions, but I have a duty to perform. Stonn, the S'haile awaits your report." Semek bowed and left the confusing conversation.

But T'Pring had a purpose; she had continued to seek out the S'haile. Her orders were clear: she must forge an alliance with Spock's clan. How could she correct this mistake? She needed a plan. She turned toward her space to meditate and think of a plan.

"T'Pring, must you continue to ignore me?" Stonn asked softly.

"There is no hope for us, Stonn. I have failed my family. I must regain my honor-their honor-to survive. Success in that relies on the S'haile."

T'Pring turned and left before he could answer. There was no use. Her only hope was that Spock would go into pon farr and they would mate. Only that could guarantee her position. Then she would be powerful and have her family's full support. Her only choice was to leave behind the man who wanted her but could offer her no future.


Meanwhile, a quiet man stood alone in his dimly lit room, thinking of the one woman who haunted his increasingly vivid dreams. If he planned correctly he would be mated to her by his choice. But there were so many stumbling blocks between them. "Nyota Uhura, what happened to you? Who dares to touch you? I will tear them limb from limb, crush them with my bare hands! How can I protect you if you will not let me near you, let me touch you? Nyota , my craving for you grows stronger each day. Others desire you; how can I keep them at bay? You must be mine-and mine alone! I want to mind-meld with you to become one flesh and mind. You have no idea how I have longed for you! But one day, my beloved, one day you will surrender to me."

Spock sat at his desk; he was aware that his need for Nyota was growing stronger. At that moment it was a flame burning in his heart; it cooled when he thought about Nyota. But he could sense that a time (THE time!) was coming when he would lose his logic and succumb to its primitive power. He must prepare. His chimer rang. He stood and faced the window, and then permitted Stonn to enter:

"Report."

"The Captain has maintained his daily routine." Stonn said. "I have observed no change in his actions. But..."

Spock's head tilted in the dim light: "Continue."

"His two mates, I've observed, gave orders to Captain Kirk's men to block off certain areas of Deck 3. It was intentional; I estimate the deck was closed off for 35.2 minutes. Kirk's men stated that the deck was undergoing repairs, but the orders did not come from Captain Kirk-they came from his women."

"Your report was efficient; you may leave."

"I am here to serve, S'haile Spock," Stonn replied, before bowing his head and leaving.

Spock put the information together and deduced that the two females-Janice Rand and Marlena Moreau-had attacked Uhura. "They must have surmised that Nyota was in a sexual relationship with Kirk, and Kirk has never denied the accusation. Kirk caused the females to attack my mate-knowing Nyota, with her fighting skills, had the advantage." Spock leaned back in his chair, and pressed his forefingers together. "Indeed! Nyota is a fierce warrior; she will make a great mate to rule beside me."

"Time, Time, my beloved Nyota, just Time," Spock growled in his rich deep voice. Vulcans were a patient lot, and Spock had it for her.

He turned to the computer to check on her well-being. Spock-as well as Semek, his trusted aide-scanned her quarters regularly to check on her security. The computer reported her safe as long as she did not leave her quarters. He would be able to meditate and rest during the night.

Now Spock turned his thoughts toward how to take out Mr. Scott for attacking her. He was aware that Lt. Masters was also an accomplished engineer. She could replace him if he turned up missing. It had to be neat and clean so that Kirk would take his loss as collateral damage. Mr. Scott had not only confessed an attraction for her, he also wanted to harm her for embarrassing him in front of the Captain and the other officers.

Sulu was also on Spock's list of males who had shown too much interest in his mate. Sulu had been quiet lately; perhaps his debacle with the attempted hijacking of the ship had made him more cautious, Spock speculated.

But then there was Kirk, who had neither confirmed nor denied that he was sexually involved with Nyota. But he did declare his feelings for her in Sickbay, most challengingly. "Why?" Spock wondered. "He has an ulterior motive," he concluded. Then Spock formulated a theory: "Distraction! Distraction from what? Kirk has another plan that he is hiding from me! I must find out if it involves me." Spock's Vulcan contingent would be not enough to enable him to prevail if Kirk tried to double-cross him. He would need more loyal men. But where would he find them? Spock realized that he would be in danger once Kirk executed his plan. And he was extremely vulnerable in his current state.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.