Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


s e v e n t e e n 


CHAPTER WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF E/D (EATING DISORDER) RELAPSE


 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

    Pissed wasn’t even the right word to describe how she felt. On the way home, her hands couldn’t stop shaking. He didn’t say much, perhaps in his own head about everything. Sighing as they got out of the van, she went first into the house, leaving him outside to talk to the driver. Loudly throwing her purse onto the island, she sighed deeply. All of this was too much for one day. 

    “Are you upset at me?” She heard his voice ask, the door closing behind him. Turning, she found him standing in front of it, expression apprehensive. 

    “No, bunny… I’m not upset at you. Come here,” He slid fingers into his hair and slowly approached her, leaning down to press his forehead against her shoulder. 

    “You’re the innocent one in this. I could never be mad at you.” His breath against her was one of relief and she pressed her cheek against him. 

    “I never want you to be in that situation ever again Bon-hwa. Ever.”

    “I don’t either.” Wrapping arms around her, he held her tightly for a while before lifting up. Giving him a brave smile, she caressed his cheek, her eyes and touch warm. 

    “Today’s been a hell of a day hasn’t it?”

    “Yeah…”

    “Are you hungry?” 

    “Not really…” 

    “Okay. Well, why don’t we get cozy and stay in? Maybe a movie?” He let her pull away. 

    “…sure.” She started unbuttoning her skirt, revealing some of her silky slip. 

    “Kay. Lemme get out of this first.” As she left his sight, he leaned onto the counter, face buried in his palms. He wasn’t sure how to place all of the emotions running through him. Embarrassment for breaking down like that in front of the both of them. Relief at releasing it. The tiniest amount of joy. An even tinier slice of hope. 

    “Bunny?” Lifting his head, he found her standing in the living room, looking like a cute thin mint in her mint pajamas. He couldn’t help the small smirk that slipped up onto his lips. 

    “Coming baby…gimme a minute.” Pulling his suit jacket off, he headed towards the bedroom, ready to shed off the grief and anxiety. 

 

***

 

    The tv was still on and she’d fallen asleep on the couch. Pulling away from her, he sat up. He’d tried fighting it off. It had been a couple of good days but now he’d reached his limit. Pulling away from her, he quietly got up and headed into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, the light nearly blinded him. Swallowing thickly, he reached in and started grabbing whatever he could find. Left over gimbap, tteokbokki, and pancakes from yesterday’s breakfast, he began eating almost furiously, cramming it all into his mouth. Grabbing a beer, he washed it down, eating until he felt his stomach was about to burst. Finishing what he could, he drank the last of the beer and threw the containers in the trash. 

    It wouldn’t be hard tonight, the food almost begged to come up and he rushed to the bathroom, his hands and breath already jittery. Kneeling over the toilet, he slipped fingers into his mouth, finding instant relief as vomit spilled up out of him. Heaving violently, he let it come out, fingers gripping the sides of the toilet. Breath uneven, he squeezed his eyes shut and spit. Feeling a hand touch him, he recoiled, only to find Nova kneeling beside him. Eyes wide and frantic, he tried to push her away. 

    “Don’t….” Her eyes watered with tears but she gave him a brave little smile. 

    “Why not?”

    “C-cause. C-cause it smells and….I-I don’t want you in here….” As he spoke, his stomach began to roll and he felt more starting to sit at the back of his throat. 

    “You really want me to leave, bunny?” Fuck. It was the fucking way she said it… all soft and shit. Weak piece of shit. You’re no different than a fucking girl.

    “No…” He whispered, voice giving out. Damn the tears… he’d had enough of the crying. 

    “It’s okay…” Lifting messy fingers upward, he turned away from her as he forced himself to vomit one last time. The tears spilled down his cheeks and he began to sob. She pulled him against her and his whole body gave out then. Face a mess, he tried to apologize for fucking up her pajamas but couldn’t get a word out. Instead, she just quietly comforted him, gently combing through his hair. 

    “It’s gonna be okay baby. I promise…” He had no energy to lift his arms and pressed deeper into her comforting warmth. 

    “We’re gonna be okay. We’ll get you the help you need, bunny.” Her lips kissed his sweaty forehead and he sighed with a tiny nod. Breath hiccuping now, he hummed against her as she began to quietly sing… something he’d never heard her do much. Her voice was soft and sweet and wrapped around him like a blanket. 

    “Let’s get you cleaned up and in bed. Kay?” 

    “…okay.” 

 

*** 

 

    She held tight to him as they headed into the restaurant. Bvlgari shades on, she eyed the table nearest the right. Bon-hwa’s parents Noah and Emma Kang sat there, talking, laughing and drinking wine. She separated their hands and fixed her outfit. She kept it classy yet feminine, a houndstooth blazer cropped top and tailored shorts with gold buttons. A short blocky black heel, gold necklace and a wide brimmed hat on her head completed the look. 

    “You look beautiful baby.” She smiled as their fingers entwined once more. 

    “Thank you. You’re looking good too, bunny.” 

    “Thanks angel.” Pressing her nose against him, she inhaled his jacket with a pleased little sigh. Chanel Bleu. Her favorite. He looked sleek and masculine in a dark brown turtle neck sweater and slacks. A lighter brown long line coat emphasized his height. 

    “Ah! Bon-hwa!” It was about time they noticed them. His mother stood up as they approached, a polite smile on her face.  

    “Hey, Dad.” He looked over at her and for a minute looked up and down her body. 

    “Who is this lovely lady with you?” Smiling, she reached up and removed her sunglasses. 

    “It’s me Mr. Kang.” 

    “Nova?! My God….you look incredible.” His mother dragged her eyes down her body too, that smile still on her face. She slipped a hand up across his arm. 

    “Thank you.”

    “You’re welcome.” 

    “I wasn’t expecting to see you Nova. I wasn’t sure if you and Hwangie were still in contact.” She smiled back at his mother.

    “We reconnected last year.” 

    “Oh good. It’s good to see you.” Her eyes went right to the ring sitting nice and pretty on her finger. 

    “You too.” 

    “Please, let’s sit.” They took a seat and the waiter came for their drink orders. 

    “Nova, you’ve really grown up into a lovely young woman.” Smiling, she thanked his father again.

    “How have you been? What’s been going on with you? Your family?”

    “We’re all doing well.”

    “Do you still live in Wisconsin?” His mother asked, taking a sip of her wine. 

    “My main residence is there, yes.” Her eyebrows shot up.

    “That’s right. I forgot your family has several across the country.”

    “I’ve never been one to brag.” Lifting her water, she took a sip, watching as the light caught one or two of her diamonds. 

    “You always were sweet and humble.”

    “So, Bon-hwa…how are you doing?” His mother cut her eyes at Mr. Kang before looking at him. 

    “I’m….uh…”

    “You’re probably swamped with work. Your uncle and aunt have been working to get you a slot on their network program.” 

    “Frankly speaking, I’m overwhelmed Dad.” 

    “Yes, well that comes with the territory Hwangie.” Clearing her throat, she got everyone’s attention. 

    “If I may interject here…” They all looked at her. 

    “I asked Bon-hwa to orchestrate this dinner for a specific reason.” His mother was so focused on her ring that she hadn’t even looked up.

    “You’re married.” She said finally, lifting her gaze to her own. 

    “When’d you two get married?”

    “Respectfully, I’ll answer any questions about our relationship at another time. Right now, I want to talk about something much more important.” She answered, now accepting her wine from the waiter with a soft smile. 

    “What could be more pressing than you ruining your career Bon-hwa? You know you’re not supposed to date or marry right now. It’s not time yet.”

    “I decide when it’s time for me. Not a contract.” At that, his mother’s hackles rose and her mouth flattened. 

    “You didn’t think us important enough to even tell us?” 

    “The way you’re acting is the exact reason why I didn’t tell you.” At that, his mother grew red in the face and pressed her lips together. 

    “I’ve been nothing but nice to you all. I’ve had no reason to dislike you,” Nova took a small sip of wine. 

    “But, I have to say: what I find disgusting is the fact that your son is here trying to tell you that something is wrong and you’re only concerned about his career.” 

    “Excuse us, Nova, but you’ve just recently showed back up into the picture. Noah and I have sacrificed a lot moving here to support Bon-hwa.”

    “And how have you shown that support? Have you checked up on him? Have you visited his house to see him?”

    “They’ve been so busy since debut and we weren’t allowed to keep in touch at the time. We fully respected that. He needed the time and focus to perfect his craft. In speaking with Ha-joon, she has kept us updated in stating that things are well.” 

    “She’s been lying to you the minute I signed that fucking contract.”

    “Language, son.” Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes for a moment. 

    “Take a look at me Omma. Don’t I look any different to you?” Her eyes drifted down his appearance. 

    “You look fine…A bit thin in the face but…that’s to be expected.”

    “I have bulimia Omma.” Her lips trembled and her eyes grew wide. 

    “Not only that but I drink, smoke, self mutilate and I have an overwhelming case of anxiety.” 

    “No…..that can’t be possible…” Lifting his sleeves, he showed them the scars on his wrists. 

    “Ha-joon…KASSIA…the unrealistic pressures and weights of the industry…all of it is the reason that I’ve been going insane. The only reason I haven’t killed myself is the woman sitting next to me.” The both of them were speechless and looked at each other in disbelief.

    “Are you listening to him?” Nova asked, sitting back with her arms crossed. Denial. They didn’t want to accept what was plainly looking them in the face. 

    “He needs your support. Not your criticisms. Not your judgements. Not your opinions. Your undivided and full support.” Swallowing, she could see that he was nervous as hell and reached for his hand. 

    “I’m going to sue Perseus Entertainment. I’m going to sue that sick bitch Ha-joon. She’s made my life a living hell.” By now, his mother had grown pale and his father was stony faced. 

    “I have so many problems and I know that I need help. With everything.” His mother reached for his hand. He took it and gently squeezed. 

    “Right now, I’m choosing me Omma. Appa. My career can wait. I…I just want to be myself again.” His father cleared his throat. 

    “We want the same for you Bon-hwa. Whatever you decide to do…we will support you.” 

    “Thank you… really. This means a lot to me to have a support system around Bon-hwa. He needs it.” His mother’s face softened and she took her hand in her own.

    “Of course Nova.” He kissed her hand and winked at her. 

    “Now, talk to me more about this marriage of yours. Did you hold a wedding?” 

 

*** 

 

    Paisley’s little paws clicked on the hardwood floors and the small cream toy poodle followed her into the kitchen. 

    “You’re not getting anything Pais. I don’t know why you’re following me.” The little girl barked a reply as if to say ‘That’s what you think. You’re gonna give me some of that there in that bowl.’ Smiling to herself, she finished getting dinner together and brought everything into her living room. Tonight, it was supposed to be a date with some hot med school student from Harvard. He was her type and came from money so she didn’t see the issue with going out of her way a little bit. Clearing her throat, she smoothed down the spicy little number she had on, a satiny slip dress with a half slit on her thigh. Fixing her hair, she looked up as the doorbell rang. Paisley started barking and ran her little butt into the foyer. 

    “Pais! Calm down!” Scooping her up, she opened the door and looked into very familiar eyes. Eyes that definitely weren’t that hot med student from Harvard. 

    “B-Bon-hwa?” Paisley wiggled around and he took her from her arms, laughing as the small dog kissed him all over his face. 

    “Hey Pais.”

    “Bon-hwa….what…oh my God…what are you doing here?” A head peeked out from behind him and she gasped. 

    “Nova?” Giggling, she ran into her outstretched arms and the women giggled against each other.

    “Surprise!” 

    “Oh my God…. come in….” Stepping into the house, Paisley jumped up on Bon-hwa’s legs as she led them towards the living room. 

    “Hot date?” He asked with a grin, folding his arms. 

    “Yeah and you better not get in the way. I’m trying to get some good quality dick tonight.”

    “Oh God…noona…”

    “We won’t be long Ji-eun. I just wanted to come say hi!”

    “You’re back in the States….When did y’all come back?”

    “Couple hours ago.”

    “Wow. That’s awesome!”

    “Yeah. Um, sorry about not calling or anything. It’s been kinda crazy lately.” 

    “No problem Nov. Wow. It’s been how long since I’ve seen the two of you?” 

    “Too fucking long for comfort.” The three of them laughed and he finally stooped and picked Paisley back up, welcoming her kisses against his cheek. 

    “We’ll come back at a better time.”

    “Yeah… thanks. Um…Shit. It’s so good to see you two.”

    “Good to see you too noona,” 

    “Come on babe. Ji-eun’s got a hot date to worry about.”

    “Alright. Bye Pais.” She soaked up the attention, wagging her little tail before he put her back on the ground. 

    “Babe?” She teased as she pulled him back towards the door.  

    “I’ll tell you all about it.”

    “Hell yeah you will.” Hugging, he kissed her on the cheek. 

    “See you soon, noona.”

    “See you soon dipshit.” Smiling, she waved as they got into a dark car and drove off. Closing the door, she looked down at Paisley who sat in front of her, nose sniffing. 

    “Yeah. Something is different about him isn’t it Pais?” Licking her lips, she headed back into the kitchen to finish before the date’s arrival when she heard the door bell ring again. 

    “Shit… time to put you up.” 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: HI GUYS! First, please let me say that I appreciate everyone of you who have commented, showed love and supported this latest work of mine hehe. Second, HAPPY FRIYAY (FRIDAY LOL). 

I think everything about this chapter was just.... beautiful. Bon-hwa relapsing was an intense scene but with any addiction, without professional help sometimes you cannot beat it. I really love our queen Nova for taking up for her husband and demanding his parents support him. Real talk. She's always had a voice and all of this has forced it to come OUT. I love that for her. I have the last few chapters to upload hehe. CLICK NEXT! 

DL~

 

Pictures: 

Nova's outfit (such a baddie): 

Bon-hwa's outfit for dinner: 

Welcoming the cutest little button, Ji-eun's baby Paisley eehehe look at her:







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.