Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


n i n e t e e n 


 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

“Welcome to Entertainment Today! I’m Keely and I’ve got the answers to the hottest celeb questions! On today’s show, we had the chance to interview the super private Bon-hwa Kang and his wife. That’s right, the rumors of him getting married were true! Our Eli Lee had a deep heart to heart that I think everyone should listen to and feel inspired by. Check it out.” 

     Eyes watched the television, small and elevated in the corner. The face of Bon-hwa Kang came up onto the screen. 

    “Bon-hwa, hi! Welcome to the interview.” He smiled, teeth pretty and white. 

    “Hey, what’s up? Thanks for having me.”

    “Man, you’ve been in the tabloids for what a whole year?” Laughing, he rolled his eyes. 

    “Feels longer than that. But yeah. Just about.” The camera panned over to a beautiful black woman who sat next to him, her thick big hair perfectly coiffed to look like a bob. Classy and elegant. She wore a black and white dress, the top slightly sheer white with long sleeves and a bow tie. The body of the dress a smooth silky black velvet. She kept her lip a tasteful red, her makeup minimal and natural looking. 

    “Who is this beautiful woman?” At that, he smirked and took her hand in his. 

    “This is my whole entire world.” Pressing a kiss against the back of her hand, he grinned boyishly. 

    “Introduce yourself babe.” Cheeks blushing, she cleared her throat. 

    “Hey everyone. I’m Nova. Nova Kang.” The interviewer gawked at them and for a minute lost train of their thoughts. 

    “Wow. So, the rumors about you being married…”

    “Surprise!”

    “How long?” 

    “Just under four years.” 

    “Insane. She’s gorgeous.” 

    “He’s lucky huh?” Nova joked, her teeth glittering like pearls. 

    “Some would argue that you are the lucky one. Did you know that you’re married to one of the best selling Kpop artists of all time?”

    “Stop.. it’s not of all time. You’re embellishing that way too much.” 

    “I mean it. Stats are in Bon-hwa. You’re one of the top selling artists in the States and abroad.”

    “I’m truly humbled by that. I’m so thankful for the fans and their support.”

    “Yeah. So, let’s talk about it. Your absence…what brought that about three years ago?” 

    “I’ve been very vocal about this since I won the case against Perseus. Most people don’t know the shit idols have to go through in order to be on top. Behind the scenes, it’s ugly and a very dark place. Fans, they saw me as Aera on stage…but when I left the stage I was left with drug addicted bulimic Bon-hwa.” 

    “Whoa.”

    “Unless you were on the inside, you would have never known. But, every day I woke up I was miserable. I hated life. I hated the weight, the pressure, the strings that moved me to and fro like a puppet.”

    “Your former CEO. Talk about her.”

    “There isn’t much to say. I said all I had to say at the trial.”

    “How did that feel? Testifying in front of the entire world?” Bon-hwa took a breath. 

    “Terrifying. Freeing. It was insane to put myself on front street…on such a global stage. But, it made me feel good to share my truth… to give a human face to idols felt amazing.” 

    “That’s courage for real man. I gotta tell you… I watched the whole thing when it aired.”

    “Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?” The two men laughed. 

    “You had my entire household in tears. My wife. Kids. Even our dog sympathized.”   

         “Well shit…” Eli continued, 

    “When you told of the secret orgies, the abuse you suffered…the blackmail and the rapes… it did something to me. How could a human being do that to another? It completely blew me.”

    “Yeah, it was wild shit. All for the sake of being on a stage.” 

    “You’re pretty open about your former addiction to cocaine too I understand?”

    “Hell yeah. I’m not one to hide shit about myself. I was hooked on coke. That coupled with my bulimia…it nearly killed me. When my wife found me, I was half way into the grave.” 

    “I’m glad she was there when you needed her.”

    “I tell you man… God must have really loved a man like me because Nova is…she’s beyond words. I can’t express what she means to me in the human language. It’s just not enough.” 

    “I tell anyone who asks… when you go through shit like that… having genuine people who will advocate for you and won’t settle for less than what you deserve is so very important to overcoming addiction. 

    “So, speaking of the lovely Nova, how’d you two meet?”

    “You wanna tell him baby?” Smiling, she nodded. 

    “Don’t believe the hype Eli. He was just as much of a dork then as he is now.” They all laughed. 

    “We met in high school. We were the new kids on the block, just having entered from middle school. I don’t know what it was about him that drew me to him…but I had the biggest crush on him. We lived close to each other so that helped. We did everything together and he really brought me out of my shell. It was cut short when he moved to Korea at 16. It took 10 long years for us to reconnect.” Looking at her, he smirked. 

    “All we needed was the ignition and we ran with it like we’d never left each other.” She smiled in return, letting him kiss her hand again. 

    “You two are so in love…damn. I can feel it from here.” 

    “She’s seen me at my lowest. When I wanted to give up. When I wanted to die. When I wanted to throw everything away… even my music. She was there to lift me up. Speak positivity into my head space. Give and provide inspiration to create music again. She’s everything to me man.” 

    “That’s beautiful. A love of a lifetime.”

    “Hell yeah. And several after this one.” 

    “Once you left Perseus, did you leave Korea as a whole? What were your next steps?” 

    “I became an independent artist. Because I had already established a major fanbase in Korea, we went back there for a while before debuting here in the States. I’m grateful for the real fans I amassed in KASSIA. They supported me real tough when I debuted again as a solo artist.”

    “Having that freedom man… it’s powerful.”

    “Yeah that’s all I wanted you know? Shoutout real quick to the fans that supported me when it came out that Nova and I were married. I appreciate the ones who respected me enough as a man and as a human to have my own piece of happiness.”

    “That’s what it’s all about.”

    “Mmhm.”

    “Let’s talk music now. Your first solo project, self titled album, ‘bon-hwa’ was crazy. A very different vibe from your kpop roots. You sprinkled in some ambient dark wavy vibes, r&b and even some party anthems.” 

    “Thanks man. I wanted to experiment with sounds that spoke to me. I wanted to memorialize my dark moments… my most vulnerable season in music form. It was a deeply personal project. I was nervous as shit about it. I’m a perfectionist in my craft so I tend to self sabotage a lot and overthink shit. Nova was there every step of the way, encouraging me to flow… however it came out is how it came out. Seeing her reaction to the finished project helped me to rebuild my confidence.”

    “My favorite has to be ’93. It was sick. A dark trippy sound.”

    “Yeah, ’93 is one of my favorites too.”

    “Talk to me about being a songwriter.”

    “I’m sure you all know by now that I’ve really pulled back from the limelight since winning my case. I’m hella protective of my wife and my family so I’m selective of where I allow us to be seen.” 

    “Yeah, no, man I get it. After all you’ve been through… you’d be crazy not to be selective.” 

    “I’ve written a couple songs here and there for some A list artists. To me, it’s not a job. It’s fun as fuck. Oh shit… “ The interviewer laughed. 

    “We’ll just censor you where needed dude. It’s okay. Be you… you’ve fought for that right.” 

    “Ah yeah so um… it’s nice. To write. To flow…to sing. That’s all I’ve wanted to  do anyway. It feels damn good that I can do it now on my own terms and in my own way.”

    “Man, I gotta tell ya Bon-hwa…you were one of my favorites in KASSIA. There was just something about you that stood out from the rest of them. This..edge…this…grit. I could tell that you worked so hard and put your heart into everything that you did. Years later, after KASSIA… it’s the same thing. You pour your heart into whatever you’re creating and in return magic happens. It’s really a gift, not a talent.”

    “Aw shit man…I’m humbled by that. Thank you.”

    “To you, Nova, I think I speak on behalf of every fan here when I say thank you. Thank you for not giving on him. Thank you for loving him through the pain, the heartbreak and the darkness. You’re a real one.” The camera panned over to her who sat smiling prettily. 

    “It’s a blessing to love him and I wouldn’t be who I am without him.” She let her hand be taken and kissed one last time before the interview ended. Hands shook and furious eyes watched as the two of them got up and shook hands with the interviewer. 

    “I heard about you…” Ice fell down his back and he looked up to see his cell mate starting to get up. 

    “You’re the one who sold kids to that crazy female CEO right?” 

    “The hell are you talking about?”

    “I read it somewhere.” 

    “Get the fuck away from me you-” Before he could complete his sentence, the man had punched him. 

    “You’re new here so I’ll give you a tip you piece of shit. We don’t take kindly to folks fucking with the kids.” 

    “I didn’t sell any fucking kids man…” 

    “Prove it.” Reaching down, he gripped him by his hair and lifted him up, a sick grin on his face. 

    “Prove it to my dick.” 

 

*** 

 

    “You got off on it. Watching me fuck like a mindless animal. You didn’t think I’d ever expose you. It’s all out in the open now, bitch. You thought you would be able to rape, harass and ruin me…hiding behind your position and connections. This is for you, Kang Ha-joon. Fuck you with a horse dick.”

 

    The floor felt cold and she groaned as pain as her hair fell across her face. What the fuck….Opening her eyes, her vision blurred and tried to focus as she glanced around. A chill sliced down her back and she shivered. Looking down at herself, her eyes grew wide. She was tied up and naked. Shivering again, she leaned her head back. The room… she didn’t recognize it. Where the hell was she? Swallowing, she tried to calm her heartbeat. If it wasn’t one thing it was another. After that shit show of a trial, KASSIA was split apart at the seams. Lee Kang-min was imprisoned for rape, stalking, harassment and other charges. He’d spend a nice amount of time in jail. The only saving grace in her court trial was her money… her connections to law enforcement. She resigned almost immediately and KASSIA ended up disbanding. It wasn’t her responsibility to ensure their survival in this game. They were all grown… they’d figure it out. Licking her teeth, she turned to see a door open. Heavy footed steps drew closer to her. 

    “Kang Ha-joon…I never thought I’d see you in this situation.” Looking up, her heart slammed into her chest. Kim Min-jun. Her secretary. He grinned, bending to stoop above her. 

    “Filthy bitch.” 

    “What the hell are you doing?” He laughed, handsome face smiling. She couldn’t lie and say that she hadn’t thought about sitting on it once or twice. 

    “I’m giving you what you deserve.” 

    “Oh? Kidnapping me is your idea? Pig. Do you think you’ll get away with this?” His fingers left her hair and roughly grabbed a breast. 

    “I know I will.”

    “Disgusting rat.”    

    “Says the bitch tied up like one. You really never learned to tame your mouth hm?” Getting up, he cleared his throat. That seemed to be a signal because two men dressed in hooded black came to lift her up. 

    “Min-jun, unhand m-” A brutal hit to the face shut her up and she instantly went slack, groaning as he lifted her head. 

    “Don’t chicken out now, noona. I know you like this.” Dragging her tongue over the metallic coppery blood on her lip, she grinned. 

    “When you’ve had me…what will you do to me, hoobae?” 

    “I’m going to make you my pet. My very own cumslut. You like being used don’t you?” The bastard, his words excited her already and she hated that it was by a man younger than her. 

    “You’ll earn this pussy, hoobae. I’m not giving it to you willingly.” With a dark chuckle, he reached down and pinched her nipple, twisting it brutally. She gasped from the pain, her body bucking away from him. 

    “We’ll see how long you last noona…unwillingly. Take her in the other room.” Letting go of her nipple, he licked his lips as they dragged her body into the room. 

 

*** 

 

    The salt in the air smelled fresh and clean. Inhaling it deeply, she exhaled with a sigh. 

    “You look gorgeous Nova,” Turning, she turned to find her sister who came to hug her from behind. 

    “It’s…different for me.”

    “Yeah I know. It’s good.” 

    “I’m so concerned that my girls gon fly out.”

    “Baby chile the girls ain’t going no damn where… except in his mouth later.”

    “Nebula! Éloigne toi de moi…”  (Get away from me) Cackling against her, she pressed a kiss against her temple. 

    “Bon Bon went all out huh?” 

    “He had no choice.” The two women turned to see their mother who approached them. She looked gorgeous. 

    “She’s Aphrodite…  une désesse belle.” (…a beautiful goddess) Cheeks warm, she welcomed her hands to them, her lips pressed a gentle kiss against her forehead. 

    “Ma magnifique fille, aujourd’hui vous serez honorés et adorés.” (My beautiful daughter, today you will be honored and worshipped.) 

    “Maman…”

    “You deserve your happy ending with him. You deserve to be given the world.” 

    “Thank you Maman…je t’aime.” (…I love you.) 

    “Finish getting ready.”

    “Of course,” Pulling away from her, she left the sisters alone. 

    “So uh…. what you got on under this?” 

    “You nasty Nebula quit…” 

    “Geez, just asking…” Smiling, she turned to look at Neb. Winking, she left her to be caressed by the salt, sea and beauty of Greece. Closing her eyes, she opened them once more to the blue waters, sparkling in the sunlight. 

    “We’re ready for you Madam,” Turning, she found her father standing there in a cream tuxedo, hand extended. 

    “Papa…”

    “Tu es une vision de la beauté.” (you are a vision of beauty) 

    “Merci beaucoup.” (thank you) 

    “En te gagnant, il est devenu béni. Il a gagné une bonne chose.” (By gaining you, he has become blessed. He has gained a good thing.) Eyes teary, she leaned into the palm of his hand. 

    “My sweet baby girl…my precious one.” 

    “Oui, Daddy…” She said, sniffling. 

    “I am blessed to be your father. You make me so proud.” Biting her lip, her tears dripped down to her cheeks and she sniffed as he hastily blot the tears away. 

    “Come now, don’t ruin your make up, ma petite chérie.” (My little baby girl) 

    “Okay..” Kissing her forehead, he smiled against her. 

    “Laisse-moi t’accompagner dans ton grand avenir.” (Let me walk you into your great future) 

 

*** 

 

    His palms were sweaty and his heart thumped loudly against his ear drums. Swallowing sand, he drifted eyes out across the sea of people who had attended. Damn near all of Nova’s family… more than half of them flying in from France took up most of the guest list. Members of his extended family had flown in from Korea and the few celebrities that he’d grown close to. He wanted only those he knew Nova and he could trust to be in attendance and there was a strict no personal camera or picture policy. 

    “Hyung, look…” Looking upward, he felt his entire body freeze. His mouth already had been dry but every little drop of moisture now had been taken by the air. Good fucking God…His sister and mother stepped down first, each in a beautiful silk hanbok. Nebula came next. But when Nova appeared, flower petals raining down around her, every breath there was stolen. In gorgeous lilac chiffon, a greek inspired dress flowed down her body until it met the floor. 

    A deep V neckline exposed a healthy amount of cleavage and two small cords crossed under around her tiny waist. A long delicate panel seemed to drip like jewels down to her feet, elegant and ornate patterns covering the skirt. At both sides, the lush body of the skirt opened to reveal long daring slits to expose her legs, ankles and feet. Her hair had been pressed, lilac and white flowers decorating her chignon. 

    “Damn.” Even his brother was stunned and yet he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. The closer she came, the stronger she seemed to command his gaze and he wasn’t aware that his mouth had dropped open until she came to gently lift his jaw. 

    “Nebula didn’t pick this one out this time, bunny. I did.” She said lowly against his chin, pulling away enough to create distance between them. His whole body felt like it was gonna cave into the ocean.

    “You look….you look…” He stuttered, eyes slipping down her one last time. She giggled but squeezed his hands, letting him pull her closer. 

    “Judging by the way the bride and groom are looking, we’ll keep this ceremony nice and short.” They turned their attention to the pastor who had come up behind them. His eyes teased and his lips grinned. Cheeks flush, they let go of all but one hand. 

    “I remember you two once sat in my pews. Nova, the sweet timid girl who had a heart for God. Bon-hwa, the pure hearted boy who had a million things running through his mind…” Their loved ones laughed. 

    “Even then, I could see that you two were drawn to each other. I could see the love budding between you, even before you did.” They tightened their grip on each other’s fingers. 

    “We welcome the two of them, the children we watched grow from babies into such fine adults. Nova, a successful fashion buyer and Bon-hwa, a talented singer-songwriter, idol and producer. Our children have become the things we’ve dreamed of.” Smiling, the pastor took one of their hands. 

    “Today, Bon-hwa will take this woman as his wife. They will be joined in Holy matrimony. Before we begin, let anyone who objects to this covenant stand now.” Oft in the distance, the waves of the sea lapped against shore. Satisfied, he placed their hands together. 

    “Have you anything to say to the other?” He tightened his grip on her hand just a tad. 

    “I want to thank God for loving me enough to give me you. I have not been an easy man to love. But, you do it so gracefully. You make loving me look easy. I can’t express just how much I love you. How much I appreciate you. I stand before you, the result of your hard work, tears and prayers. Thank you Nova.” Teary eyed, she felt her heart beat up into her ears as he pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. Taking a shaky breath, she replied in kind, lifting his hand to her lips. 

    “Blessed is the man that has a virtuous wife, for the number of his days shall be double. Bon-hwa Elias, it has been my heart’s desire to love you since we were 16 years old. God granted me that desire and with it came so many challenges. I took them.. labored with them.. carried them because I knew that the man I loved was still inside of you. He just… needed a push. I’m blessed to call you my husband. You do so right by me and I appreciate you for loving me the way you do.”  His throat grew tight as the pastor spoke. 

    “Bon-hwa, do you take Supernova Aurélie as your wife?” 

    “Yes sir. I do.” His warm gaze melted her heart like wax. 

    “Supernova Aurélie, do you take Bon-hwa as your husband?” 

    “I do.” 

    “Then, it is my pleasure to introduce to you once again, Mr. and Mrs. Bon-hwa Elias Kang. You may kiss your beautiful bride.”  Lifting his hands, he pulled her close. Kissing her brows, forehead, her nasal tip. Both cheeks, one and then the other. Brushing his nose against her jaw.     

    “Neomu saranghae.” (I love you so much) 

    “I love you too.” It was then that their lips met, filled with so much emotion that eyes couldn’t help but grow teary. Pulling her flush against him, he couldn’t help another kiss, cradling her head in his palms. Whistles and laughter sprung up like wells of water and it was arms gentle and petals of roses that separated them.     

    “Let’s freaking party! I’m ready to get drunk!” Ji-eun shouted, hugging her to her chest. 

    “You and Neb both gon be messed up!”

    “Hell yeah fam! We in there! Hurry up, come on!” Fingers entwined as music, food and wine were brought out, the sun shining like warm embers of love. 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: Excuse me while I go ugly cry. Our Bon-hwa has been clean now four years from cocaine and that's a MAJOR milestone for him! So, he's worked so hard to break his toxic relationship with food, re-think it and apply healthier ways to care for him and his body! I'm SO PROUD OF MY BABY! So, as it has been revealed, Bon Bon won his case (there was no way he wasn't going to. The proof was in the pudding). Kang-min was thrown in jail (possibly as a sacrifice in Ha-joon's place.) She don't care about none of her artists. At all. Evil stank heifa. Surprised her when her secretary stepped out the woodwork and made his move on her. Possibly some resentment from something she did to him in the past. The whole scene gave me chills. It's almost completely replicated of the opening scene with Bon-hwa. WHEW. TAKE THAT ITCHY. lol. 

My second favorite part was writing the second wedding scene hehe. They went to santorini greece and BRUH. That place is gorgeous. I have pictures and everything down below. I love Mr. and Mrs. Kang. hehehe. 

DL~

 

Pictures: 

 

Santorini, Greece 

their venue hehe 

Nova's wedding dress:

Closer detail of this exquisite dress y'all because I am in LOVE:

** I chose a dress that was not conventional. Ideally, brides wear white. But, she already wore white for her first wedding in Busan so I didn't want to be redundant hehe. This was an excellent choice. And... it symbolizes Nova coming into confidence and womanhood *sniff* 

Nebula's and the other bridemaid dress (think blush pink y'all):

Bon-hwa's mom's hanbok:

Ji-eun's hanbok:

the small addition to Nova's wedding ring:

Bon-hwa's first solo album cover:

Jooyoung's 91 is basically the inspiration musically for bon-hwa's 93. Other influences are his song 'Lucy', bevy maco and colde. I'll add a few songs so you can listen and get the essence of his album in my mind.

 

Jooyoung-91 

Jooyoung-Lucy 

Bevy Maco-babylon 

Bevy Maco-The Root 

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.