Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

e i g h t 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Snow fell from the sky, coating the streets of Seoul in pretty fluffy white. Gargantuan Christmas trees decorated entryways to shopping malls and strips and the sweet cheery music of Yule Tide melted the marshmallows on the steaming cups of hot chocolate. 

"It's cold as shit out here!" Turning eyes from the frosty windowpanes and the smell of warm coffee, she pursed her lips at her sister who wrapped arms around herself while managing to shake like a bare tree branch. 

"Didn't nobody tell you to dress like that." In a cropped cream sweater and blue jeans, she wore a long pink fur coat and white boots. The coat, she now had clamped shut. 

"I'm glad I got these braids in otherwise my whole entire head would be freezing." 

"Sure would be." Sucking her teeth, she frowned. 

"I cannot believe you don brought me all the way across the world to meet your pretty boy kpop star boyfriend. This is ridiculous." 

"Last time I checked, you invited yourself to this rodeo." 

"Tuh! Je suis content que de l'avoir fait! (I'm glad I did!) For all we know he could be a serial killer. And your crazy ass just hops on a plane anyway. Do you know what mère said when I told her we were coming to Seoul?" 

"I don't care. I'm 27 years old. I don't need her permission." Shivering, Nebula sucked her teeth again. 

"Look, I respect that. Really. But can we go inside somewhere where it's actually warm? My braids bout to turn to ice." 

"What about there?" She pointed to a coffee shop across from them. 

"You playin..." Neb screeched, speedy gonzales walking into the pretty glass building. She was about to take a step when a hand stopped her. Yanking her arm, she turned to see a familiar face behind her. Eyes wide, she gawked up at him. He was tall as hell. He wore a black mask, one that blended with the night. He wore a dark pewter puffer and a thick scarf tied around his neck. A lighter grey winter hat sat on top of his head. From all the millions of lights, she could see that his ears and the tops of his cheeks were flushed red from the cold. 

"You're here... oh my God you're here..." He laughed warmly against her as she jumped into a hug. 

"It's good to see you...finally." He wrapped his arms around her, his hug sending tickling butterflies to her stomach. 

"Did you have a good flight?" He asked, pulling back a little. 

"Yeah. Nebula slept most of the time."

"You?"

"Yeah I did too..." His eyes were so pretty without the many contact lenses. Pure chocolate, they sparkled and twinkled like stars in the sky. 

"Oh... um... speaking of my sister...thank you for letting her come."

"The more the merrier." 

"NOV! IS THAT HIM?" She turned to see her sticking her head out of the door. Good Lord...

"Come on. Let me introduce myself to her hm?" Blushing as he took hold of her hand, she felt those butterflies flutter for real as they entered the coffee shop. Letting go of her hand for a minute, he removed his gloves before extending his hand towards her again. Gawking at the size of it, she heard him chuckle. 

"Something wrong?" He asked, a teasing eyebrow lifted. I wasn't expecting you to be so damn huge. 

"No...no um...no." She took his hand, chills dancing down her spine as their fingers intertwined. His warmth bled into her like a tea kettle and she found herself smiling softly as he lifted hers to press against his mask-covered mouth. Their hands tightened on each other and slowly, they approached Nebula. She was standing in front of their dessert case, eyes squinting hard at the Hangeul. 

"Nova! Nov-"

"I'm right here. Calm down." Turning, she was about to say something when her eyes drifted upward. Her mouth dropped open. 

"Nebula right?" At a loss for words, she nodded silently. 

"HB. Nice to meet you." 

"Oh shit." Lifting her other arm to wrap it around his, she pressed it closer to her chest. He felt good to touch. Warm. Solid. Hard. 

"He's like double your size Nov. How tall are you exactly?" 

"6'2." 

"Shiiiiiit. Girl, you look like his kid." 

"Shut up. I do not." 

"Can't lie though. Y'all look cute. Really cute oh my god." 

"Why don't you and your sister find some seats. I'll order some beverages." 

"Okay..." Eyes smiling, he didn't seem to want to let her go either but soon walked away from them to the corner. 

"Girlllllll......" Rolling her eyes, she let her sister pull her toward a table. 

"Neb... stop. You're embarrassing me."

"Okay okay look. Screw that. Let's talk hands and feet. Did you see what I saw?"

"Nebula!"

"He got a whole stallion in them pants sis. Oh God I just feel it. Get your cowgirl hat and get ready to giddy up on that thang. It's gonna take you for a ride." 

"Arrête Nebula! Tu m'embarrasses...." (Stop Nebula! You're embarrassing me.) She grinned and cackled, doing a 'giddy up' motion with her hands before getting playfully shoved. 

"These Koreans looking at us weird. Stoppppppp please for the love of God..... sit down already." Winking at her, her sister took her cue and lowered herself down into a chair finally. 

"Cannot take you no damn where." 

"Nope," She agreed, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Yo man coming back..." 

"Mon dieu..." (my God) 

"I wasn't sure what everyone likes so I got a sampler." It had an arrangement of pretty drinks, some coffee, some teas and sodas. 

"Ooh. I'm the coffee drinker. That looks yummy." Neb picked up decorative liquid in a glass and it hurt watching her drink it. All of these drinks were too pretty to drink. Picking up a blue, purple and pink drink, she lifted the straw to her lips. Taking a sip, her eyes grew wide. 

"Joah?" Knitting her brows at the Korean word, she cocked her head to the side. 

"It means do you like it?"

"Oh. Yeah. It's tasty."

"Good. Glad you like it." He selected a coffee drink as well. Both of the sisters watched, eyes glued to him as he slipped the straw underneath his mask. The disappointment was felt from across the room and his eyes smiled again, making those butterflies flitter again. 

"Do you have to wear that all the time?" Nebula asked, taking a drink of her beverage. 

"In settings like this, yeah."

"What would happen if you took it off for a tiny minute?" He made eye contact with her, making her sit up in her seat. 

"You and Nova would be completely mobbed." 

"Oh." 

"It's for your protection just as much as it is for mine."

"Hm. You famous famous huh?" 

"Just a little bit." Grinning, neb glanced at her, taking another sip of her coffee. 

"So...HB is it?" 

"Hm?"

"What made you pursue my sister? I mean... no offense but you're all the way across the world. You clearly have a lot of fame so that means you can have any girl you want. Why Supernova?" He sat back in his chair, a nice relaxed ease. 

"Nebula is it?"

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna keep it 100% with you. I'll tell you like I told Nova, I'm not gonna lie to you." That's how he started and it had her undivided attention. 

"Girls are easy to get and come by. They're star struck and hungry for attention. They're easy to use...if you catch my drift." 

"Perfectly." His eyes drifted from Neb to her, making her grip her hands together underneath the table. 

"Frankly speaking, between us, I'm a grown ass man. 28 years old this year. Girls are for little boys." Nebula's mouth dropped open and remained open as he continued, 

"The connection I've formed with Nova does so much more for me... satisfies me so much more than my time with any groupie." She licked her lips, feeling his eyes burn holes into her. 

"Supernova stimulates my mind and my body...my emotions and my thoughts. She's everything I want and everything I need in a woman." Neb was speechless and so was she. He took the silence to drink so more of his coffee. 

"Does that answer your question?" He asked with a friendly eye smile. 

"Uh...hell yeah. Damn. Yeah." 

"Good." Her throat was dry as hell and she coughed some, reaching for her drink. 

"Giddy up Nov." Eyes wide, they shot over to her and HB just lifted an eyebrow. 

*** 

The walk was brutal, the winter night wind picking up. She clutched her coat tighter to her and so did Neb. 

"I'll drive you both back." 

"You came alone?"

"I told you I'm a big boy. I can handle navigating my city." Nebula coughed, jabbing her in the side. 

"Ow! Girl..."

"You very kind HB." 

"No problem. After you," He opened the door for Nebula and she gladly slipped in the backseat. Coming to the passenger side, he pulled her closer instead of opening the car door. 

"I have my hands full with two galaxies tonight don't I?" She laughed softly, lifting hands to play with his scarf. 

"Nebula more than me." Eyes twinkling, he leaned down a little, hugging her closer. 

"I don't know about that." He whispered against her. His cologne wafted across her nose and she bit her lip as he opened the passenger door. 

*** 

Nebula had gone upstairs to their room, leaving Nova downstairs with him. On heated leather seats, they held hands and talked about whatever they could think of. It was nice...being able to finally touch her, feel her. He smiled as she rambled on about the Christmas light displays in Seoul. He'd forgotten just how tiny her hands were in his. But it made his heart melt. Gently stroking the back of her hand, he leaned his head back against the seat, eyes soft as she continued on. 

"...and don't get me started on these trees. The trees y'all have here are in. sane." 

"We know how to do Christmas that's for sure."

"Yeah I'd say." She started to yawn. 

"Sleepy?"

"Yeah, I should get upstairs." 

"Alright."

"I talked your ear off I'm sorry." 

"Don't. I didn't mind." 

"I don't wanna leave..." She drawled sleepily with another yawn, bringing her hand to stop the movement of his thumb. 

"It's okay sweetheart. Go rest." Pouting, she sighed reluctantly. 

"Fine."

"Text me when you're free later." 

"...kay..." Finally withdrawing her hand, she slowly opened the car door and got out. He waited until she entered the building and stepped onto the elevator before re-starting his ignition. Reaching up, he pulled his mask off and pressed on the gas, zooming down the empty street.

*** 

Lifting a towel to his forehead and neck, he took a long drink of water before shoving his hair back with jittery fingers. Tonight was it. He'd been up all fucking night and this was his third set of reps already. Still, he felt on edge. He'd called the restaurant as soon as they opened to make sure everything was set in place. He'd called the florist. By 11 am he was nearly sweating with anxiety. Tonight had to go perfectly. He couldn't have any mishaps. Placing the water bottle back on the counter, he inhaled deeply and jumped back into another set of reps. 

*** 

"Did he tell you where y'all going?" 

"Dinner and a movie at his place." Neb spit out her water. 

"At his place? Oh he tryna lay the pipe on you as soon as possible."

"Shut up." She shoved her and she screeched, barely saving herself from falling onto the ground. 

"Where he taking you for dinner?"

"No clue. He told me to get like dressed up though." 

"Ooh. He wanna show you off." She rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at her. She'd made sure that she brought the best. She had a pretty little number currently hanging and being steamed. She was gonna show off her damn self, HB or not. 

"We should get pedis. Manis too. And while you at it, a Brazilian wax." 

"Um,"

"No um, let's go. Up." Huffing, she let her sister pull her into the bathroom. 

*** 

He'd finished spritzing his Chanel Bleu when his phone went off. Clear almond-shaped eyes took in his appearance in the mirror. Good. Swallowing, he turned on his heel. It was time to go. As he locked the door to his apartment, he gripped the keys in his hands to try to help them stop shaking. He could feel his nerves rise up and took deep breaths on the way to the car. If he didn't stay clear, he'd smoke half a pack before he even got there and he didn't want her smelling cigarette smoke. Breathe. Everything will be fine. Everything will work. Unlocking his door, he slid into the driver's seat and closed the door. Pressing his face against the fingers that gripped the steering wheel, he was quiet for a moment before starting the car up. Taking another deep breath, he maneuvered the gear to first shift, soon shifting to second. 

*** 

"Damn you look hot." Twirling in front of her sister, she did a silly pose. 

"Thank you." Dressed in a pastel yellow dress, short layers of silky soft chiffon billowed out in front. Sheer puffed sleeves traveled down her arms and the square neckline gave her a sweet ethereal look. The length of the dress came to just under her knees; complimenting both her height and skin tone. 

"Lemme see the back..." Doing another little twirl, she heard Neb whistle. 

"This is giving everything it needs to give. My God..." 

"Stop hyping me up Nebbie, you're making me blush." The sisters shared a giggle and Neb gently caressed her cheek. 

"I'm happy that you came with me." Her teeth sunk a little into her bottom lip and Neb chastised her. 

"You'll ruin your nude lip. Stop..." Sighing, her sister looked like a proud mom. 

"I'm glad he wasn't a catfish. He really seems legit."

"I told you he was real." 

"Dating a whole ass celebrity. Sheesh." 

"Stopppp.."

"Do you even know what group he's in? Which company? I did a lil bit of research. This country has a shit ton of groups and companies." She shook her head no. 

"He told me he'd reveal all of that tonight."

"Hm..." 

"My heart is beating so fast in my chest right now.... Lord Jesus..." 

"That's not the only thing that's gon be beating you tonight." 

"Nebula Étienne! Quit." 

"Don't think I ain't see that sheer set you put on underneath that dress." Cheeks hot, she ignored her, going to grab her purse. 

"The coochie gods have heard my prayers. You gon get that thang boxed, rocked, and schlocked." 

"Ohhh my God I'm going. You are so nasty..." 

"I could shed a tear just thinking about it." 

"GoodBYE Nebula..." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Remember what I told you! GIDDY UP. Ride that pony till it fall off." She closed the door a bit harder than what was necessary, her sister cracking up still behind it. Clutching her purse tightly, the soft click of her heels echoed on the marble floors and she headed down to her ride. 

The night was aglow with dizzying color and she was for a moment in a trance. Seoul was really beautiful. She sat back against the luxurious seats and tried to calm her poor heart. Her stomach by now did somersaults and belly dives and they only increased once they pulled up to the restaurant. The chauffeur smoothly got out and opened her door, offering her a hand to step out. Taking it gently, he helped her up the steps one by one. Looking up at the sparkling sign, she gawked at it. The H Hotel. 

"This way Miss." Focusing ahead of her, she took an unsteady breath as he brought her to the shiny gold-tinted elevators. 

"Top floor. Straight ahead. Please enjoy your dinner." 

"Thank you." Pressing PH, she gripped her purse to filth as the elevator steadily climbed up and up until, 'ding!' As the doors opened, she meekly stepped out, heart now in her throat. Large floor-to-ceiling windows surrounded her and the views of the city captivated her for just a moment. Warm dim candles created a cozy mood Up above, flowers hung down from the ceiling in massive droves, purples, and pinks taking her breath. Straight ahead...

Slowly, she stepped forward, the space so quiet she could literally hear her heart pound in her ears. Up ahead, she saw him. He sat at a single table, there in the heart of the bouquets of flowers. Oh god.... The closer she drew to him, the shakier her legs grew. A muted grey pinstripe suit. Crisp white shirt. Tie of the same color. Closer. His hair was messy and she assumed it had once been smoothed to the side of his face. His fingers had shaken it all apart. She caught the glimpse of what looked like a Rolex on his wrist, black and powerful. He'd put his arms up onto the table, his hands locked together tightly, hiding his face.

Closer. Closer until she smelled his cologne. The last 'click' of her heels sounded and she felt warm and feverish as she heard him sigh. Slowly, he lifted his face. As their eyes met, the air in her lungs seemed to have been choked out. Eyes wide, she gawked at him as he smiled, his lips pouty and familiar. His voice seemed to pick apart at her and her eyes started to grow misty with tears. 

"It's good to see you, angel." 

 






Chapter End Notes:

 

A/N: QUEEN NEBULA IS THE ONE FA ME LOL. SHE SO FUNNY OMG. I LITERALLY CRACKED UP PENNING THIS LOL. OOF. THEY MEET AGAINNNNNNNNNN AAAAAHHHHHHHH

okay, I wrote one more chapter *cue fire signs* and working on another lol. It's spicy and x rated. Just a total heads up. thanks. hehe. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Neb's outfit: 

Nova's outfit:

Her dress for the date:

Her earrings: 

 

her lingerie:

Bonnie's suit:

The flower arrangement:

 

 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.