The Shiyan Knights by Chaynetv
Summary:

Emory Nichols is in danger due to her father finding a cure to one of man's deadliest diseases. Kieran Villegas and his order of Shiyan Knights are placed to protect Emory and her friend.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: Supernatural
Genre: Drama
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 31768 Read: 45272 Published: 08/09/08 Updated: 08/09/08
Story Notes:

 

 

img144/1169/kieran1kr1.jpg

Kieran Villegas

img134/3736/lanishacole10py6.jpg

Emory Nichols

 

img502/2649/normalyaya32ym0.jpg

Sienna Michaelson

img249/1716/reese3zl1.jpg

Reese Monteblanc

Lameira Protector - A small sect that strives for peace and justice throughout the world. They protect mankind under the radar...no one really knows about them.

Midnight Brotherhood — Very powerful, mercenaries. Contract themselves out to the highest bidder, which is most of the time rich, powerful men. Basically, they’re the bad guys.

Branga Soldiers —contract out to evil businessmen…sometimes work for Midnight Brotherhood.

Shiyan Knights - secret protectors of the peace. They were Shiyan orders placed all over the world.

Kieran Villegas is a Diagrave Shiyan that belongs to the Shiyan Knight order in the United States and his grandfather and father were the head of the council. Shiyan Knights possessed supernatural powers and strength: they could run at the speed of light, they could read minds, could influence the weak minded with simple suggestions, they could move things with their thoughts and they were unbelievably strong. Shiyan Knights work with government agencies and communities to keep peace among the world. A Shiyan Knight’s are brave, honorable and always do their duty according to the Shiyan Code, which were rules and guidelines that all Shiyan Knights were mandated to follow.


Five orders of Shiyan Knights
Diagrave Shiyans—highest order
Lemberti
Corlati
Renaldi
Verlandi

1. Chapter 1 by Chaynetv

2. Chapter 2 by Chaynetv

3. Chapter 3 by Chaynetv

4. Chapter 4 by Chaynetv

5. Chapter 5 by Chaynetv

6. Chapter 6 by Chaynetv

7. Chapter 7 by Chaynetv

8. Chapter 8 by Chaynetv

9. Chapter 9 by Chaynetv

10. Chapter 10 by Chaynetv

Chapter 1 by Chaynetv
Prologue

“It cannot be…he has a cure for it! Are you certain?” the gruff voiced man asked.

“Yes. The people at his lab were celebrating two days ago. He is on his way to the FDA to begin trial testing. If it passes, then he’ll be able to dispense the cure,” the man with the English accent replied.

“Do you know what that would do to our sales? We would be out of business!!! This disease makes us money! It keeps food on our table!” the gruff voiced man exclaimed.

“Yes, I know. It keeps your alcoholic wife in Prada, your drug addicted daughter up to her waist in coke, your rapist son out of trouble, and your mistress sucking your dick. Yes, I know all too well what your money does,” the English accent man stated. The gruff voiced man gave him a look of death.

“You are walking on thin ice, my friend,” the gruff voiced man stated.

“That’s bs and you know it. You need me. Who else would do your dirty work?” The English accent man asked.

“I have more money than you’d ever imagine and many people to do my dirty work. The only reason I keep you around is because you are familiar, nothing more,” the gruff voice man replied.

The gentleman with the English accent placed his cold, steel gray eyes on him with a small grin. “I am the best and you know it. That’s why you keep me around. Besides, you and I both know what I’m capable of. Don’t you forget it. Why don’t you do something good for a change and look at the situation this way. You can always make money dispensing the cure. You know…helping people stay healthy, instead of giving them just enough of something to maintain. That’s what you big pharmaceutical companies were intended to do right…to help keep people alive?” the English accent man stated sarcastically. The gruff voiced man gave him another strange look.

“Turner, you know there is more money in treating than curing. The last man who thought he had a cure suddenly disappeared…and so did his family….and his friends…and his associates. Do you get my meaning?” the gruff man asked.

The gentleman with the accent smiled. “All too well.”

“Get it done. Destroy the lab…shut up his workers….get to him and his family. ASAP,” the gruff voice man replied.

“It shall be done,” the English accented man replied as he walked out of the office.

Chapter 1

The negotiations were not going as they had planned. The thick Russian accent of the Prime Minister spewed curses among their children and their male genitalia, among other things. The Prime Minister of Russia was a very dangerous man. The United States could never negotiate with him…until now. The two men looked at each other, arms crossed in front of them. The men stood tall, dressed in black turtleneck and slacks, speaking to each other only with their minds.

“This incessant chatter needs to come to an end. He cannot commission the testing of those weapons and that’s final. He knows it, you know it, I know it. It will give others carte blanche to fire nukes at will and that ain’t good. Why is he stalling? Why don’t we just squeeze the life out of him and complete this mission?” the blonde haired man asked.

“Because it will not be complete, Reese and it will only lead to more problems. If we kill him, the treaty will not get signed and that will only lead to aggressive negotiations, and as keepers of the peace, we don’t do that unless it is absolutely necessary, you know that. Let the big tub of lard curse and yell, just as long as his signature gets on that piece of paper. Then our mission will be complete. Okay?” The dark haired man asked.

“Fine, Kieran, we’ll do it your way. Just…wait…did he just…,” the blond haired man named Reese asked his dark haired companion Kieran.

“Yes, he did,” and they two men turned around simultaneously. Entering the room were ten men ready for combat. Kieran took his hand to hand combat stance, and quickly sized up each man.

Reese quickly hopped the desk and stood next to the Prime Minister and grabbed him by the neck with one hand, whispering in Russian to him, “If you move, I’ll snap your neck like a twig, comprende, compadre?” The Prime Minister nodded yes, but made eye contact with his men to attack.

Reese telepathically said to Kieran, “Do you believe this shit? I tell him that if he moves, I’ll break his neck and he gives them an order to attack. Is he for real?”

“No, Reese, I don’t think he’s for real,” Kieran telepathically stated sarcastically. “The man has 10 Branga Soldiers here, you dick. I think he’s for real,” Kieran replied in his mind to his best friend.

“Only 10? He could have made it more difficult and brought in 30. Then we really could have had some fun.”

“Yeah, I know how you’re all about the physical stuff, Reese,” Kieran replied looking over each man, awaiting their attack. The Prime Minister had no clue who they were, but he was about to find out.

“It’s what makes this job fun. You owe me $50 bucks, dude. I told you he was going to hit that buzzer,” Reese relayed telepathically.

“Yeah, yeah. Would you shut the hell up? You’re breaking my concentration,” Kieran stated as the Branga Soldiers began to attack. Kieran flicked his hand in the direction of two that were coming head on, smashing them against the wall and onto the floor. He pulled out his Leachea sword and continued to fight the remaining 8 men. One man attacked him with a sword and Kieran kicked him and quickly cut his throat with the end of his sword. He looked at one man, pulling the man off the ground with his mind and threw him out the door. His sword sliced through two men with super human speed and the remaining two men ran out screaming, “Shiyan Knights!!!” The entire battle took 3 minutes.

Reese let go of the flustered and frightened Prime Minister who was shaking like a leaf. Kieran tilted his head in the direction of the remaining two and Reese smiled, replying, “Thanks for leaving me some,” as he ran with super human speed after the remaining Branga Soldiers.

“You’re welcome,” Kieran replied putting away his sword and turning to look at the Prime Minister. Kieran gave him a small grin as the Prime Minister signed the treaty and handed it to Kieran with shaking hands. Kieran placed the document in a leather file folder and smelled the stench of feces and urine coming from the Prime Minister and continued to grin.

“Now, that wasn’t so hard, was it? Do not attempt to have us followed, Prime Minister or…let’s just say you’ll be losing more than your bowels. Are we understood?” Kieran’s eyes bore into the man, asking the question in fluent Russian.

The man stated that he understood and Kieran replied. “Good day, Prime Minister. I suggest you heed what I say or you’ll be sorry. By the way, you might want to take a shower. You smell like shit.” Kieran replied as he walked out of the door, leaving a crying Russian Prime Minister in his wake.

Reese was putting away his sword over the bodies of the remaining men and smiled at him as they quickly departed the building.

“So, the fat fuck did sign it?” Reese asked verbally, looking at the leather portfolio.

“Yeah, he did. Reese, it didn’t have to come down to that, “ Kieran replied as they made their way to an all black BMW. Kieran sat in the passenger’s seat as Reese jumped into the driver’s seat and pulled away.

“It didn’t but it did. Look Key, I know you don’t like that part of the job, but it is your job. It is your duty to keep the peace, sometimes by physical means. It’s what we do. We’ve been doing this for 15 years and we will continue to do this until we take our last breath. We are Shiyan Knights…Diagrave Shiyan Knights. The Highest Order. Remember that. You, most of all should always remember that,” Reese replied as Kieran looked out of the window, wishing that he didn’t have to.

*********************************************************
“What am I going to do Ms. Nichols? I don’t think I’m ready to have a baby!” the young girl with the big blue eyes exclaimed to Emory Nichols, counselor at Langley University. Emory knew what the girl was going to tell her before she even said it, but paid no mind.

“I can’t tell you what to do, Heather. But I can give you some suggestions and together, maybe we can come up with a solution,” Emory replied looking over at the 20 year old Dean’s List student who was now 6 weeks pregnant. Emory and Heather began to make a list of pro’s and con’s concerning her situation. At the end of their session, Heather hugged Emory and smiled.

“I feel a lot better about this now, Ms. Nichols. I’m going to try to make a good decision,” Heather replied.

“Just remember…it’s your decision, no matter what, and I’ll back you 100% with whatever you decide. Okay?” Emory inquired to the girl with a comforting smile.

“Okay. Thanks again, Ms. Nichols,” the girl replied as she walked out of Emory’s office. With an exasperated sigh, Emory plopped down into her chair. She was exhausted. Although she loved her job as a counselor at the University, dealing with others problems was extremely stressful. Emory looked at her appointment book, which was finally clear and sighed once more. Emory heard her cell phone ring and answered.

“Hello, this is Emory,” she replied.

“Hey babygirl. How are you?” the voice asked. Emory’s back stiffened.

“Fine. How are you daddy?” Emory asked.

“Wonderful. I have some great news,” Matthew Nichols replied to his only child.

“Something to do with your research, no doubt,” Emory replied looking down at her brown hands, thinking that she needed a manicure.

“Yes. It’s very exciting and I would like to celebrate with you over dinner. Are you free tonight?” Matthew asked expectantly hoping his estranged daughter would say yes.

“No, I have a meeting and tons of files to catch up on,” Emory replied still looking at her nails.

Matthew covered up the disappointment in his voice. “Oh. Well, sometime this week.”

“Maybe. Look daddy, I gotta go, but whatever you’ve discovered…congrats,” Emory replied.

“Thanks, babygirl. Talk to you soon,” he replied.

“Yeah. Bye,” Emory replied as she hung up the phone and let out another huge sigh. She was so glad to be off the phone with her father. She was relieved.

**********************************************************
Two weeks later, Dr. Matthew Nichols began to notice things. It started two days ago…strange phone calls, missing staff. His wife Donna was out of the country on a business trip and should have been back by now. Now, strange men were following him and he knew why.

“They were following me, Vincent. Yes, I am certain. Can you have someone meet me so that I can speak with you? I’m in need of your help and you are the only one that can help me. Thanks again, Vince. I’ll see you soon,” Dr. Matthew Nichols stated as he hung up and stared at his daughter Emory’s picture. She was such a beautiful girl, inside and out…always had been. He knew that he had never been around and he would not win any father of the year awards, but he always provided for his child and he loved her with all his heart. He knew that if these men were following him, they would begin to bother Emory as well and he was not going to risk putting her life in danger. Matthew grabbed his keys and walked out of his mansion.
Chapter 2 by Chaynetv
Chapter 2

Kieran Villegas sat with his chest bare and legs crossed in his meditation chamber, concentrating on keeping his mind clear. His breathing was calm and his heart rate was steady. This was one of times of the day that he looked forward to…the rare down time for himself. He always looked forward to it. It was a time for reflection, a time that didn’t involve thinking or problem solving. It was a time to just relax, without a mission or an order looming over his head. Then, his time was abruptly interrupted. Right in the middle of meditating, there was a knock on his door. Kieran ignored the knocking and tried to keep his thoughts blocked. His older sister, Marina, however, was not letting it happen.

“Key…Key….Kieran Andre Villegas, I know you can hear me,” Marina stated telepathically.

“Just because I can hear you does not mean that I want to hear you, Mari. Go away. I’m meditating,” Kieran replied back telepathically.

“I can’t. We’re all being summoned by the old men. You have 5 minutes,” Marina said telepathically.

Kieran opened his eyes and responded. “What’s this all about?”

“Your guess is as good as mine. Come on, now you have 4 minutes,” Marina responded. Kieran took a deep cleansing breathe and put on a black t-shirt and sneakers. He wondered what was going on now.

Kieran Villegas and only 600 other people in the world were Shiyan Knights, secret protectors of the peace. They were Shiyan orders placed all over the world. Kieran Villegas belonged to the Shiyan Knight order in the United States and his grandfather and father were the head of the council. Shiyan Knights possessed supernatural powers and strength: they could run at the speed of light, they could read minds, could influence the weak minded with simple suggestions, they could move things with their thoughts and they were unbelievably strong. Shiyan Knights worked with government agencies and communities to keep peace among the world. A Shiyan Knight was brave, honorable and always did their duty according to the Shiyan Code, which were rules and guidelines that all Shiyan Knights were mandated to follow.

Shiyan Knights were trained as young as three and were able to began missions when they reached 18. Shiyan Knights were disciplined, caring to a fault, but deadly when they needed to be.

Shiyan Knights were only allowed to marry women with Shiyan Blood and the reason behind the marriages were to continue the Shiyan line. If they fell in love, that was fine, but 99% of Shiyan marriages were not love matches…it was due to compatability alone.

The Council members believed that if a Shiyan Knight did love, he or she would forget their duties and the reason they have gifts and powers: to keep the peace and to help others. They also believed that love clouded judgment and made Shiyans fearful, which was a no-no.

Many Knights disobeyed the code and were banished from the order. Kieran thought that the code was antiquated and unrealistic, but he was told that for 500 years, the Shiyan Knights have lived by the Code and they would live by them forever.

Kieran thought of these things as he walked to the Council War Room on the first floor of the Shiyan mansion. Reese was standing next to Marina and Tisa Lesarago, a Lemberti Shiyan Knight that was foretold would be his wife. The woman was so obedient that he couldn’t stand it. But, she was a good Shiyan Knight and beautiful. Even still, Kieran could not imagine spending his life with her. Kieran did not understand that they fought for peace and the right for others to live free and happily, but they were forced to live without those ideals. Kieran felt that something else or someone else was waiting for him and he wanted more than what his mother and father had which was amicable companionship without love. Kieran took the seat next to Marina.

“Hi Kieran,” Tisa said smiling sweetly at Kieran.

“Hello, Tisa,” Kieran replied nodding to her and looking forward. After that smile that she gave him, he definitely did not want to smile back and encourage her…nope, definitely not.

“You had 2 minutes left, little brother. I thought you weren’t going to make it,” Marina whispered.

“I’m here now, so you can relax and be quiet…please, be quiet. Anyone know what this is about?” Kieran asked.

“The big dogs called this pow wow. Why would the underlings know about this?” Reese asked. Reese Monteblanc was Kieran’s best friend. His father was also on the council. Reese was what most Shiyan elders feared…young and fearless…too fearless. Reese was always being reprimanded for something and was close to being banished from the order when he was younger. His earlier years did show some recklessness, but he was a great Knight nonetheless.

Reese’s father, Anthony Monteblanc called them to order and they all stood. There was an immediate silence. Kieran’s father, Vincent Villegas stepped to the podium with his tall, imposing frame and they continued to stand.

“You may be seated,” Vincent Villegas, head of the Shiyan Eastern US Order stated.

“I know you all are wondering why we assembled you here. There are a lot of situations occurring at once, so very extensive and delicate assignments will be given. I know that we usually attend to US assignments only, but the European Order needs our assistance. The Renaldi Shiyans will be sent to the Sudan to assist the United Nations with the genocide that is occurring there. The Corlati Shiyans will assist with negotiations with China and North Korea. The Verlandi Shiyans will assist with issues in Afghanistan…it’s becoming even worse there. There are other issues that we have to assist with, but at this time, those are the most pressing. I don’t have to tell you to be careful and follow the code. If you have any questions, contact your Council Order Leaders. That will be all,” Vincent Villegas replied to the crowd, blocking his thoughts from them as he spoke to his only son telepathically.

“Kieran, I need to see you, Reese, Marina and Angelo in my office. Now. It is of grave importance,” Vincent replied as he walked towards his office.

Kieran sighed as he tapped Angelo Rimeras, Reese and Marina. “We’ve been summoned. Let’s go.” The four looked at each other and began to walk towards his father’s office.

6’4, jet black wavy hair with a few gray hairs, gray eyes and an imposing nature, Vincent Villegas was a very powerful Shiyan Knight. He knew that one day he would have to step down and Kieran would have to take his place. He knew that his son did not agree with some of their ways, but he was full Shiyan and he had no choice. Kieran would be stepping into his shoes one day and that was that.

Kieran, Reese, Angelo and Marina stepped into the office. They looked at Vincent, Anthony Monteblanc and Daren Valaso, Diagrave Shiyan Council Leaders. Anthony gestured for them all to have a seat.

“So, who do we have to rescue now?” Reese asked. His father gave him a look and Reese was silent.

Vincent looked around at the group and gestured for someone to come in. A tall, African American man walked into the room and looked around cautiously. Vincent walked over and clapped a reassuring hand on the man’s shoulder, which caused him to relax.

“Dr. Matthew Nichols, this is Reese, Angelo, my daughter Marina and my son Kieran. This is the world renowned Dr. Matthew Nichols,” Vincent replied.

Their eyes all widened. “Dr. Matthew Nichols. You discovered the cure for sickle cell anemia, am I right?” Marina asked.

“Yes, I did,” he said solemnly.

“And you are currently working on a cure for spina bifida?” Marina asked once more.

“Right again, Marina…but since my lab has been destroyed, that may be difficult,” Dr. Nichols replied. Vincent clapped his friend on the shoulder once more and began to speak.

“I’ve called you all here because you are the best and I trust you the most. Matthew and I go way back to college. We have always been close friends. This man saved my life once and I am now in a position to return the favor. Matthew has found a cure for HIV/AIDS,” Vincent replied as everyone gasped then began to clap.

Matthew nodded solemnly once more, “Thank you. That’s how I reacted, at first. Now, I don’t know if I’ll live to see it actually help anyone.”

“That’s why I called you. Matthew’s wife Donna was due back in the states several days ago. Matthew called me and asked for my help. I sent a few investigators out and they found Matthew’s wife dead in her car at the airport yesterday. Someone has killed Matthew’s wife and they have been trying to get to him, because of this cure,” Vincent replied rubbing his friend’s shoulder.

“So basically, someone isn’t happy about this cure? Why? I mean, I’m happy…shouldn’t most people be?” Angelo asked.

“No, because there’s more money in treating the symptoms than curing the disease. Someone doesn’t want this cure to be released to the public,” Marina replied.

“And they’ve gotten to the bulk of Matthew’s laboratory staff. We have a few safely hidden, but we weren’t quick enough for the others,” Daren Valaso replied.

“The Lemberti Shiyan are protecting the rest of his staff, before you ask son,” Anthony Monteblanc told his son Reese.

“So where do we fit in this equation?” Reese asked.

“Yes, I mean, you have Dr. Nichols and the cure. He’s safe. What’s next?” Angelo asked.

“Security and investigation, of course,” Kieran replied as they looked at him.

“You’re right Kieran. We need to find out who is behind this,” Vincent replied as Daren passed out photos and information.

“These are three of our leading suspects: John Volmer of Volmer Pharmaceuticals, Trent Darby of Worthington Pharm Corp and Walter Julian of JulCorp Pharmaceuticals,” Anthony replied.

Kieran and the others looked closely at the information, then they were passed another packet of information with a photo attached. When Kieran looked at the photo, his heart almost stopped beating. Clear, dark brown eyes beckoned to him from the photo and the owner was a beautiful, young woman with gorgeous mahogany skin and long, dark hair. She was absolutely beautiful, he thought as he blocked his thoughts from his father and his team. Reese somehow managed to slip in.

“This is Matthew’s daughter, Emory. She’s probably the next target and doesn’t even know it. Your job is to….,” Anthony began.

“You’re slippin, Kieran. Wow, look at that, huh? What a fox! I wouldn’t mind being locked away with her,” Reese said telepathically.

“She’s a part of the assignment, Reese which means she’s off limits,” Kieran replied as he stared at the young woman on the photograph.

“I heard your thoughts about how beautiful she is, Kieran. I know you want her,” Reese goaded.

“Okay, she’s beautiful. It’s a fact. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. But she’s our charge for protection…nothing more, nothing less. Understand?” Kieran telepathically replied with a little more emphasis then he should have.

“Yeah, I got it. Remember those words yourself, Kieran,” Reese stated as they unblocked and concentrated on what his father was saying. His father looked at him strangely, but didn’t say anything.

“Marina and Daren, you two will begin investigating the companies along with Anthony. Reese and Kieran, you are to retrieve Emory…,”

“Emory? Is that her name?” Reese asked as Kieran repeated her name in his mind unbeknown to his team.

“Yes. If you wouldn’t have been drooling all over her picture, you would have heard that,” Marina replied telepathically to Reese.

“Smart ass,” Reese replied back.

“…and bring her to the Calypso safe house until we get to the bottom of this. Her father will be here with me. Does everyone understand their assignment? “ Vincent replied as a question came to Kieran’s mind.

“Yes, son?” Vincent inquired.

“Dr. Nichols, does Emory have any close friends, a boyfriend?” Kieran asked as Reese gave a knowing grin.

“No boyfriend that I’m aware of, but she does have her Siamese twin and roommate Sienna Michaelson. They are best friends,” Matthew stated.

Kieran realized that he let loose a low sigh of relief concerning the boyfriend issue and Reese gave him a slow grin. Kieran ignored him and continued to speak. “So Sienna will have to come as well. If she’s very close to Emory, someone may hurt her to get to Emory. “

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to keep them together. Of course, Sienna needs protection but our primary concern is Emory. Kieran and Reese need to be available to protect her,” Angelo replied.

“You do have a point, but this will all be very shocking to her and she will be scared. I think having her friend with her would help her get used to the situation, make her more comfortable,” Kieran stated as Reese looked over at him.

“You make a good point, Kieran. So, Angelo, you will assist Kieran and Reese with both Emory and Sienna,” Anthony replied.

“Yes, sir,” Angelo answered.

“Bring both of them back to the Calypso house, keep them safe and await my orders. If you are in eminent danger, you two know what to do. That is all. Kieran and Matthew a word please,” Vincent replied as Kieran followed him into the adjourning room.

“Yes, father,” Kieran asked.

“This man is like a brother to me. Take good care of Emory, Kieran. Protect her with your life. Do whatever you have to do to keep her safe. Understand?” Vincent replied.

“I will do my best to make sure she is safe, Dr. Nichols,” Kieran stated reassuringly.

“Don’t let anyone hurt my baby. She’s all that I have left,” Dr. Matthew Nichols responded.

“No harm will come to her sir. You have my word,” Kieran replied confidently.

“Thank you,” Dr. Nichols replied shaking Kieran’s outstretched hand. Kieran turned to leave.

“Be careful son. Remember to contact me when you get to the Calypso House,” his father replied.

“I will father. Dr. Nichols,” Kieran replied, nodding his head in their direction and walking out of the door. Kieran walked swiftly back to his suite and quickly began to pack. Kieran had a weird feeling about this assignment and he knew the beautiful girl that he had to protect had a lot to do with it.
Chapter 3 by Chaynetv
Chapter 3

“To the left, to the left,” Sienna “See” Michaelson replied as she and Emory sat at the bar in Tilly’s, a hot night club in Atlanta.

“You really need to stop that, See. You can’t sing,” Emory replied as she sipped her Apple Martini.

“No, but I like the song. What’s up your butt, Em? I know you haven’t had it…ever…but damn! Pick one, girl. There are hundreds of gorgeous, hetero men here. Pick one and relax,” Sienna replied.

“I told you…that’s not me and even if it was, the guys that have been trying to pick me up are straight losers. I’m just here to dance and hang out with you…not find a man,” Emory replied.

“Well, you can’t keep scratchin’ your own itch, Em. It just ain’t natural. Oooh, that’s the jam. Come on Em, lets dance,” Sienna exclaimed as an uptempo dance song came on. Emory allowed Sienna, with her short skirt and see through blouse pull her on the dance floor. Emory also let Sienna talk her into wearing the short navy denim shorts and linen halter top that now adorned her body. Emory just wasn’t into letting the world see her goods…but Sienna proclaimed that it was all about self-advertising and self-promotion.

Emory was still kind of stunned at her father’s discovery. Reluctantly, she decided to have dinner with him a few days later and when he told her what he had done, she couldn’t help but be proud of him. Finding a cure for HIV/AIDS was an incredible medical breakthrough and he was over the moon. She was happy for him and that day, he acted like the father that she remembered as a very young girl.

Her father was an incredible doctor…a genius. He always searched for answers and his lust for finding cures interfered with his familial duties, mainly husband and father. Her father was never home once he began to get the funding he needed for his research. This all began to happen when Emory was about 7 or 8. Her mother was an ER doctor, but she always made time for Emory. When Nicollette Nichols died when Emory was 14, she thought that would have brought her closer to her father, but he seemed to withdraw more into his work than ever, leaving Emory to his sister or nannies. Thank God for Sienna, she thought as she looked at her crazy friend.

Then, her father remarried when she was 19 and although she was a nice woman, Emory never felt anything towards her. Then, two years ago, her father tried to elbow his way back into her life. Emory had been burned by his lack of attention for so many years that she basically just didn’t want to get closer to him. But the other day at dinner felt entirely different. Maybe he finally wanted to be the father that he was in her youth and maybe, just maybe she wanted him back.

*********************************************************
Meanwhile, two tall figures dressed in black were in the club, looking for two young women.

“Do you see them, Kieran?” Reese asked. They were more concerned with finding the two women now more than ever because of the way their apartment looked…someone was looking for them.

“Nope. Maybe they’re not here or they’re in the restroom,” Kieran replied looking around, ignoring all the looks that he and Reese were getting from many of the women. Then, Reese said, “Jackpot.” Kieran’s eyes followed Reese’s to the two beautiful young women dancing.

“Damn, they look better in person. Since you’ve already claimed Emory, I guess Sienna’s free and clear. Man, she’s hot,” Reese replied and Kieran hadn’t spoken. Kieran was a little hypnotized by Emory. She was so beautiful, he thought. He then remembered that he was on the clock and when he heard Reese, who was grinning state, “You can breathe now,” he sighed.

“Whatever, man. Look, just do your job. We’re going to go, tell her what’s going on briefly and leave…quickly,” Kieran stated as he concentrated.

Reese sighed. “You’re the boss.”

********************************************************

“Ooh la la,” Sienna exclaimed as she and Emory walked back to the bar. She took in the two tall gorgeous men standing near the wall.

“What?” Emory asked as she was standing next to Sienna.

“Girl, those two over there could definitely get it…umm, umm, umm. I see Blondie lookin’ at me like he wants it, but the dark haired one…he’s staring at you like he can see right through you. Do you know him?” Sienna asked concentrating on the two gorgeous strangers.

“No. I’ve never seen him before,” Emory stated as her eyes locked with his. She didn’t know why, but she felt like she knew him…from where, she didn’t know.

“Well, don’t look now, but they’re coming this way,” Sienna replied as the two men walked towards them.

“Emory Nichols and Sienna Michaelson?” The dark haired one asked in a scintallatingly deep voice.

Emory knew he was coming for her…to tell her something about her father…what, she didn’t know.

“Yes,” she stated.

“Who wants to know?” Sienna asked as she sized both of the men up. Reese smiled at the short woman with the shoulder length black hair and the brown skin with spunk and fire. He was sensing something from her, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. There was definitely more to her than met the eye.

“My name is Kieran Villegas and this is Reese Monteblanc. Your father, your friend and yourself are in grave danger and we were sent to get you,” Kieran stated as Sienna stared at them. Kieran tried to use his mind powers to make the women easily agree to leave, but it wasn’t working.

“What’s wrong with my dad? Is he alright?” Emory asked.

“For now, yes,” Reese stated.

“We really don’t have time to explain everything to you at this time. When we’ve secured the both of you in a safe location, you can speak with your father and learn more about the situation,” Kieran stated as he looked down into those eyes, drowning in them. He reprimanded himself and continued to concentrate.

Emory couldn’t look away from Kieran Villegas. She had never seen a man so beautiful. God really created a man that looked too good to be true. He had gorgeous, jet black hair, and those enticing blue eyes…something told her to trust him and she felt like she knew him. She didn’t know why, but she wanted to.

“Who are you with…CIA…FBI…the local police…what? I mean, we’re just supposed to go with you? I wanna see some ID,” Sienna stated.

“None of the above, but sometimes we work with them…and yes, you’re supposed to go with us. Your lives are in danger…,” Kieran said as Reese looked around. He felt the presence of danger lurking.

“Key, we don’t have time for this. We’ve got to move…now!” Reese stated and the next thing Emory knew, Sienna was pulling her to the ground as three men came at them, with guns in their hands. She didn’t see it, but she heard gunshots, then she heard bones breaking and screaming. A few minutes later, she and Sienna were being lifted up and quickly placed in the back of a truck that sped off.

Reese and Kieran looked at the women who looked back at them. Kieran didn’t want to answer any questions so he looked at Reese.

“Reese…you know what to do,” he replied as Reese stared at them, then waved a hand. It was easier to use their powers on the women due to their fear and their adrenaline…just made them more acceptable. The women were out like a light in a few seconds.

“Good work, Angelo,” Kieran stated as he took a deep breath to center himself. Reese did the same.

“No problem, Kieran. Off to the airport, right?” Angelo asked as he drove the truck.

“Yeah. Are we being tailed?” Kieran asked from the middle seat.

“No,” Angelo stated as he drove quickly to the airport.

“Good,” Kieran stated once he regained his composure.

“Did you pick up on who that was?” Reese asked.

“Branga soldiers and Midnight Brotherhood. Damn, if they’re involved…,” Kieran stated as Reese interrupted.

“This is worse than we thought,” Reese finished as he picked up his phone and contacted his father. “Yes, father…we have them. We’re on our way to the airport. I’ll call when we’re in the air. We will. Bye,” Reese stated as he closed his phone. Reese closely looked at the two women, Sienna in particular. Something about her…she was special. He didn’t know what it was, but he would figure it out…soon.

*********************************************************

Coleman Turner spoke into the phone to one of his men from the Midnight Brotherhood.

“Did you complete the mission?” Coleman asked, his British accent clipped and cold.

“No, sir. We were intercepted,” the man stated.

“By who?” Coleman asked.

“Bodyguards, maybe Millitant Clan…but…,” the man responded warily.

“But?” Coleman asked.

“We’re not positive but, we think they were Shiyan Knights, sir,” the man said as Coleman let out a long sigh. That’s the last thing they needed…Shiyan Knights. Shiyan Knights were the best warriors on the planet, besides Brotherhood and Samurai’s. Nichols must have some great connections if he could get protection from Shiyans for his daughter and her friend. No matter. He always got the job done and Shiyans or no, he would get Nichols, his daughter and her friend.

“Listen to me very carefully. I don’t care how long it takes, you find them…and when you do, you contact me immediately. And Lionel…no mistakes,” Coleman stated as he hung up the phone. Walter Julian paid him very well to make sure that he cleaned up all his nasty little messes and this was no different. That cure could not be presented to the FDA and that meant he had to find Nichols. As head of the European Midnight Brotherhood sect, he was very powerful. He decided to make a profit for his special abilities and men like Walter Julian paid a pretty penny. Bloody hell, he thought. Shiyan Knights. He’d encountered one or two of them before. If you encountered one, it was told that you better run for cover. Two Shiyan Knights were deadly. He sighed once more. He had his work cut out for him.
********************************************************************************************
Sienna Michaelson woke up and saw that she was in a gorgeous room. She smelled the sea air as she took in the cream, green and tan colors of the room. She sat up, stretched her legs and arms as she looked over at her friend, who was still asleep. She was glad that she and her friend were safe…for the time being.

Sienna saw a few bags of clothes near the bathroom. Damn, they must be the CIA…they know our sizes, she thought as she grabbed a pair of panties, jeans and a lime green baby tee and went to take a shower. Feeling refreshed and famished, Sienna went downstairs and saw that there was a woman cooking breakfast. Sienna gratefully ate and when she was done, she was determined to find out where they were and what was going on. Sienna tiptoed so softly that it couldn’t be heard down the hall. When she came to a door, she heard mumbling. She stood next to the door for a few minutes, and then the doors flew open, with Reese Monteblanc looking down into her eyes, a knowing grin on his face.

“Well, well, well. You know, eavesdropping isn’t very polite. You could have just knocked,” Reese stated.

“Right…like you would have opened it. Anyway, I want answers. What’s going on? Who are you? What are you?” Sienna asked.

“One question at a time, precious. You know, we saved your life. We really don’t owe you any explanations. You should be thanking us,” Reese said.

“Thank you…now, what the hell is going on?” Sienna asked frankly as Reese laughed at her.

“She has a right to know what’s going on, Reese. Let her in,” Kieran stated as Reese opened the door and allowed the pretty woman to walk through.

“Please, have a seat,” Kieran stated as he waved his hand over a chair. Sienna sat down slowly.

“I’m sorry that we frightened you last night, but we had to get you two out of there quickly. It just wasn’t safe,” Kieran replied as Reese stood next to him, arms crossed at the chest. Sienna caught Reese’s eyes again and he winked at her. Sienna rolled her eyes and caught Kieran’s eyes.

“Well…thank you for that. But how is Emory involved in something that has to do with Dr. Nichols? He does good work and Em’s just a college counselor. What’s going on?” Sienna asked. Kieran and Reese began to tell her about the cure and how Dr. Nichols staff and Emory’s stepmother was murdered. Sienna sat back in the chair and let everything sink in.

“Oh my God. So now, because he’s found something that could help billions of people affected, these creeps want to kill him…to keep making more money? Unbelievable,” Sienna stated as she felt Reese’s eyes on her again.

“And they want to kill you and Emory…anyone linked to him to scare him into not going to the FDA,” Kieran stated.

“That’s one hell of a story. Now, you still haven’t told me who you are,” Sienna stated as Reese paced the front of the room.

“A better question would be…who are you?” Reese asked. Sienna looked at him with a funny look on her face.

“I’m sure you have a whole dossier on me. I’m Em’s best friend, I’m a nurse, I don’t have any kids, etc., etc. Now, I need to know who you are,” Sienna stated.

“You’ll find out…as soon as you answer this,” Reese said.

The next thing she knew, Reese threw a huge metal disc at her head which she ducked and flipped away from with supernatural agility and speed. After the disc left his hand, a dagger left his right hand and was coming full speed at Sienna. She turned and lifted her right arm and caught the dagger in the palm of her right hand.

Kieran shook his head as he watched Reese walk slowly to Sienna, who was looking up at Reese, holding the dagger.

“I knew I picked up on something. I told you Key! I knew it. Nice…very nice. So…why don’t you tell us why Emory has a Lameira Protector…and a hot one at that?” Reese asked as Sienna smirked, then threw the dagger with precision at the wall behind them.
Chapter 4 by Chaynetv
Chapter 4

Sienna looked up at the two, tall good looking men. She knew that there was another reason Reese had been eyeballing her since last night. She had a feeling what they were, but she wanted confirmation and now she had it. Shiyan Knights. Damn. They read her like a book.

“So, you know what I am…whoop de doo. I’m not evil and I do what I do for a reason…to keep my friend safe. Why are Shiyan’s protecting us in the first place? We’re not of any importance,” Sienna asked.

“But Emory’s father is and because of that, so are you,” Reese stated.

“Dr. Nichols and my father are good friends and as you know, this is a major medical breakthrough. We want it to be distributed to the many that it affects. But you still haven’t answered our question. Why is a Lameira Protector posing as Emory’s best friend?” Kieran asked.

“I’m not posing. I am her best friend…and her protector. I have been her best friend since we were 7 years old. I’ve been her protector since we were 15. Nicollete, Emory’s mother, was killed when she was 14. Nicollete was also a doctor…she was a healer and she was half Lameira. If Midnight Brotherhood or any one else along those lines found out that Emory was Nicollete’s child, they would come for her, kill her, maybe make her do things for them. So that’s why she’s my charge,” Sienna stated.

“Emory’s mother was half Lameira?” Reese asked.

“Yes. We’re like you guys. We have a mandate that states that we have to mate with our own, but most Lameira’s don’t follow it and we’re not really reprimanded if we don’t, as long as we do our duty. Also, if we marry a normal human, we must keep that part of our life from them. Nicollete’s mother didn’t mate with a Lameira, so that’s why Nicollette was so special. We’re thinking her father was a Shiyan or maybe Millitant Clan….we’re not sure. Lameira’s have supernatural strength, speed and agility. We can’t read minds or anything like that, but if we join another clan that has other powers, sometimes we get those powers. Nicollete could heal, move things with her mind and she was extremely strong…very powerful. She died fighting against Midnight Brotherhood warriors who wanted her to work for them. Emory has no clue what her mother was or anything. She thinks her mother was killed by a drunk driver…that’s what the council decided to tell her and that’s what she believes,” Sienna stated. Kieran looked at her closely, reading her thoughts. She put on a cool front, but she was terribly worried about Emory. He knew a few Lameira’s, and he knew them to be honest and trustworthy, so he knew she wasn’t lying.

“Did Emory's father know about Emory's mother?” Reese asked.

“I don’t think so. You know how good we are at keeping secrets. I’m sure he didn’t know.,” Sienna answered

“Does Emory have any powers?” Kieran asked.

“Probably, but they’re latent because she doesn’t use them and the fact that she’s not…,” Sienna stopped.

“She’s not what. You know we could just find out. We’re all adults…come on,” Reese stated.

Sienna sighed. “The fact that she’s never been sexually active has helped keep most of her powers dormant. When female Lameira’s become sexually active, it’s like a floodgate opening. You become stronger, faster, your eyesight is sharper, as well as your hearing. She’s only been able to tap into the telepathy from her other heritage, as far as I know.”

Reese began to smile. “So, you’re saying that sex makes you stronger, more powerful?”

Sienna shook her head. All men were the same, no matter if they were normal human beings or those with supernatural powers...sex was all they thought about. “Yes.” Then, she walked over to a solid mahoghany desk, bent her knees, picked it up and held it over her head.

“This should answer your question regarding if I’ve had sex…I knew it was coming, and yes, I've had my share," she stated with a grin as Kieran and Reese stared at her.

“Damn…that’s hot,” Reese stated as he watched her put the desk back down like it was a cotton ball.

Kieran shook his head and began to question her again. “And you’re sure that Dr. Nichols has no powers…I mean he’s not Millitant Clan, Lameira, maybe Shiyan?” Kieran began to think about all of the medical breakthroughs that Dr. Nichols had discovered and wanted to make sure.

“Not to my knowledge,” Sienna stated.

“And why didn’t the Lameira Council just tell her father about her mother…I mean, at least to give him a heads up about his daughter?” Kieran asked.

Sienna looked at him like he was crazy. “We’re more low key than you guys, and her father is a normal human. If he was Lameira or something else, then it would have been okay to tell him, but the council did not want Emory to know about her powers because she didn’t know about her mother, so she was never trained. So, we had to keep it from her. Also, because her mother was so powerful, Em sometimes tells me that she moved something with her mind or she knows what people are going to say before they say it when she’s really focused. I just try to shrug it all off, because I’m not allowed to tell her the truth…you guys know how that is,” Sienna stated as they both shook their head.

“Unfortunately…so Emory has no idea…about any of this…,” Kieran stated and as soon as he did, he felt her. Now he knew why she could block him. She was half-Lameira.

“Yeah…I definitely have no idea what all this is about, but I want to know…everything…now!” Emory exclaimed from the door. Sienna caught Kieran’s eyes, then Reese’s, then Emory's, not wanting to have this conversation with her friend.

*****************************************************************************************
“Em, it’s not what you think…,” Sienna stated as she walked towards her best friend.

“What do you mean it’s not what I think? All my life, I’ve had this feeling that something supernatural surrounded me and I knew that I had some kind of extrasensory perception. Everyone always shrugged me off or told me I was paranoid when I mentioned it, but now…I feel it and I know something’s wrong. What’s going on, See?” Emory asked.

Sienna watched Emory as she sank into the chair next to hers. Sienna sighed. She knew she would be reprimanded for this, but she always wanted to tell her friend the truth. And now, since Emory knew something was going on, Sienna just let all of the information that had been withheld from Emory her whole life escape from her lips. She told Emory about why they were there and about who Kieran and Reese was as well as the truth about her mother.

Emory just sat, her face void of expression as she listened to Sienna tell her about her mother, what she was, how she really died…everything that had been kept from her. A half an hour later, Emory just sat there, not speaking or moving.

“Can all of you please leave?” Emory said just staring straight ahead.

“Em, I’m so sorry. I wanted to tell you so many times, but I couldn’t,” Sienna said.

“Whatever. I just need to be alone, See…to think about all of this,” Emory said as she stared ahead.

“Let’s give her some time,” Kieran said as he watched Emory’s face. He didn’t know why, but it tugged at his heart to see her process the information that Sienna just gave her. Tears were rolling down her face and she looked so lost. Sienna walked out of the room, along with Kieran and Reese. Sienna put her hands on her hips, held her head back and sighed.

“That was so hard,” Sienna said.

“I’m sure it was. How do you think she feels?” Kieran asked as Sienna turned her head to him.

“Like she doesn’t know where she belongs…like she doesn’t know who she is,” Sienna said as she sighed. Kieran and Reese both sensed the love that Sienna had for Emory and her despair at not being able to help her.
“Maybe I should go back in there and talk to her,” Sienna said as she began to open the door, but Kieran stopped her.

“You need to respect her wishes and let her work through this. She needs a little time, Sienna. This was quite shocking to her,” Kieran stated as Sienna nodded her head in agreement.

“I know, but I just want her to know that I didn’t mean any of this and I’m here for her,” Sienna said. Kieran put his hand comfortingly on Sienna’s shoulder.

“She knows that Sienna, but she’s hurting right now. Just let her be for awhile,” Kieran stated as Sienna sighed again, looking at the door.

“You’re right. I’ll leave her alone. Hey, is there a gym or something in this place? I need to let off a little steam,” Sienna said.

Reese looked at Kieran then spoke. “Yeah, there’s a gym in the west wing. If you want to go, I’ll wait for you to change and go with you.”

“Thanks. Um, I’m just going to go change and I'll meet you back down here,” Sienna said as she glanced at the door once more before walking down the hall. Reese watched her walk away and looked at Kieran.

“They’re really close, huh?” Reese asked.

“So it seems. But Emory…what she’s going through…I feel for her. I mean, going through your whole life not knowing about your mother’s real life or your powers that people told you didn’t exist. It had to be hard,” Kieran said.

“Yeah. Uh, Key, I don’t mean to go there, but am I picking up a little bit more than general compassion and empathy regarding Emory?” Reese inquired.

Kieran stared at his friend and sighed. “I don’t know, Reese. Maybe. I’m just…I feel a connection to her. I don’t know why, but I do and I know I shouldn’t.”

Reese grinned. “Well, if you’re going to feel “connected” to someone, she definitely fits the bill.”

Kieran ran his hand over his head. “I’m not talking about sex, Reese.”

Reese clapped his hand over his good friend’s shoulder. “Sure you’re not. I mean, you haven't had it in what, almost two years..."

"Hey, I've been extremely busy," Kieran said, defending himself.

"Hey, I never get that busy. Sure, Key...you're not thinking about sex with that beautiful woman who you feel you have a connection with? Yeah...right. Listen, I’m going to change into my workout gear. Shouldn’t you check in with the old men?”

“Yeah. Just keep Sienna away from Emory for awhile. Keep her occupied,” Kieran stated as Reese smiled.

“With pleasure. And Kieran?” Reese asked.

"Yeah?" Kieran asked.

"Remember...she's just an assignment," Reese said.

"I know that, Reese," Kieran said, blocking his thoughts that said otherwise from Reese.

"See you later," Reese stated as Kieran watched him walk away. Kieran sighed once more and walked towards another room in the house and contacted his father.

“Father, it’s Kieran. Yes, they’re safe and they’re secure. We ran into a little trouble with some Midnight Brotherhood and Brangas when we were retrieving them, but we cloaked our vehicle, so no one tracked us. Yes, they’re fine, but I have to discuss something with you and it concerns Emory and her friend Sienna. It’s something that her father has no clue about. Yes, I’m certain. Alright. Yes, father. I will. I will tell you everything when you call again. Yes sir, I will. Goodbye,” Kieran said as he sat down. He turned the computer on that was in front of him and began to think about who Nicollette Nichols birth father could have been. He had a feeling it was a Shiyan, so he began to look for any departures from the order through their database during the year that Nicollete was born. He may not find what he was looking for, but it wouldn’t hurt to try.

********************************************************

An hour later, Sienna was punching the heavy bag that Reese held furiously and with such power, Reese fell back when she landed a good right jab to the middle of the heavy bag.

“Damn woman...you're strong,” he said as she stood back as he stood up and stood behind the bag again. Reese’s eyes glanced over her toned, brown legs in the short black lycra shorts with a white sports bra. The woman was short, but she had an incredible body.

“Yeah, I thought you saw that earlier. Hey, I’m tired of hitting the bag. You got any swords?” Sienna asked as she stepped away from the bag and stared at Reese. He was hot, she thought and any other time, she would be trying to get him in the sack, but she had to focus on her friend. She realized she didn’t block her thoughts and saw the way he smiled at her.

“Yeah, we’ve got swords. Um Lechea, Dinali, Carnado, Shenga,” he said as he stepped in front of her and helped her take off the boxing gloves. After he helped her remove them, she cracked her knuckles.

“Um…Dinali or Shenga is close to our Ajama sword, so that’s fine. Besides, I’m skilled in both of them. You mind sparring with me?” she asked. Reese grinned as he walked over to a wall and opened it. It displayed about 50 swords and he pulled out a Lechea and a Shenga sword. He walked back over to the pretty woman and gave her the Shenga. She held it up, felt the weight, and smiled.

“This is beautiful,” she said.

“Yeah, it sure is,” he said not really referring to the sword, staring at Sienna Michaelson.

“Whatever you’re thinking, Reese, it ain’t gonna happen,” Sienna replied as she got a feel for the sword.

“I thought you said you can’t read minds?” Reese asked as he watched her. She was very graceful and she knew exactly what she was doing with that sword.

“I’m a woman. I know men. And I don’t have to read minds to know what you were thinking,” she said. Reese smiled.

“Well, you didn’t block your thoughts so thanks for the compliment and trust me, you wouldn’t have to try at all to get me in bed. Just say the word,” Reese said as she grinned.

“Down boy,” she replied, taking in his body. He had on a black lycra sleeveless shirt and baggy black shorts, looking sexy as hell. She looked at his bare right arm which was clad with Shiyan tattoos. They were beautiful and she let him know that she liked them.

“Nice ink,” she said as she continued to warm up with the sword.

“Thanks,” he said with a grin as he weighted the sword in his hand. He sliced it through the air a few times as Sienna watched.

“You ready?” Sienna asked as she got into a Jodan hamni stance, where the sword points straight up.

Reese grinned and chose the Gedan hamni stance, where the sword is lowered. “Whenever you are,” and Sienna struck first. They began to spar and Sienna loved the adrenaline rush.

Reese just loved to see a gorgeous woman who could fight and handle a sword as well as he could. It turned him on majorly.

“Wow…you’re really good,” he said as she blocked his side attack and spun, then smiled brightly at him.

“Thank you. But my specialty is short blades and daggers. Preferably Jakaya daggers. Those are my favorite,” Sienna said as she blocked a direct attack.

“Yeah…I could see that earlier,” he said as they continued to spar.

Then Sienna picked up the pace and said, “Hey…is that all you got?”

Reese smiled and said, ”You want more?” he asked.

"Yeah...make it interesting. Make me work," she said as he laughed and returned her strikes against her blade just as quickly as she did.

"You got it," he said as they both stopped talking and just let the adrenaline take over and sparred more intensely.

*****************************************************************************************

It had been several hours that Emory just sat in that room and thought about what was told to her. Sienna, her best friend had supernatural powers and apparently, so did she. Her father had no clue and her mother was a great warrior and a healer. Emory stood up and paced the room. She knew she couldn’t hold a grudge against Sienna. Sienna was like her sister and she loved her. She knew what Sienna spoke was the truth, but she just needed time alone.

As Emory's thoughts volleyed back and forth through her head, she heard a knock at the door and sensed it was one of the Shiyans.

“Yes?” she answered.

“I came to check on you…to see if you were okay,” the voice said. It was Kieran.

“Yes. You can come in,” she said as she watched the gorgeous man walk in with a mug.

Kieran walked over to her and smiled. Her face was stained with tears, but she was still beautiful. Stop thinking about that, Kieran, he said to himself as he mentally blocked his thought as quickly as it came into his head.

“I thought you might need this. It’s chamomile,” he said as held the mug out to her.

“Thank you,” she replied as she took the mug from his hand. Her fingers met his and they both felt a jolt of electricity shoot through them. They looked at each other, then laughed.

“That was weird,” she said.

“You’re not kidding,” he said as he watched her sit down once more. He sat next to her and watched her sip the tea.

“This is good. Thank you again,” she said.

“You’re welcome. For what it’s worth, I know that I can’t say that I know how you feel, but I understand that it must be difficult to wrap your head around all of the things you just learned,” he said as Emory looked over at him. His eyes were so beautiful, so sincere, she thought as she stared at him. She pulled her eyes away and resumed sipping her tea.

“Yeah, it is. I’m so confused. I mean, I really don’t know what to do. Do I become this person that I’m supposed to be or do I just continue going on as Emory Nichols, university career counselor? This is unreal,” she said as he looked at her.

“I know it is, but the quicker you accept what you are, the better off you’ll be. It’ll make it easier to adapt to everything that you’ve learned,” he said.

“That’s easier said than done,” she said.

“I know it is,” he said and they stared at each other. It was something about him that made her trust him, made her feel safe. She felt close to him, and she didn’t know why. His eyes were too beautiful, she thought as she stared at him.

“Where are we?” she asked.

“At one of our safe houses in Florida. It’s actually one of Reese’s family houses,” he said.

“Well, from what I’ve seen, it’s beautiful,” Emory replied.

“Yes, it is. You should go outside and see the gardens. I think you would like that,” Kieran replied, unable to tear his gaze away from her beautiful face.

“I’ll do that. I know I didn’t get to tell you earlier, but thank you for saving our lives,” Emory said as Kieran nodded his head and smiled.

“You’re welcome, but I think Sienna and her quick reflexes helped as well,” he replied.

“Maybe,” Emory stated as they continued to stare at one another. Emory was the first to pull her eyes away.

“I think I’m going to take a nap. I’m drained,” Emory replied as she stood up with Kieran standing with her.

“I understand,” he said. She went to put the mug on the mahoghany table in front of her, but Kieran pulled it from her hands and that jolt was felt by both again. Emory blushed and laughed as Kieran smiled at her.

“We’ve got to stop doing that,” she said.

“Yeah,” he said as he looked down into her eyes. He didn’t know why he felt so drawn to her, so comfortable in her presence. It was frightening how much he liked being near her.

Emory was thinking the same thing, and moved away. “Well, I’ll see you later.”

“Alright. Dinner is at 7pm on this floor, in the dining room,” Kieran said. You idiot. Where do you think she would think dinner was? In the bathroom?

“Okay. Bye,” she said as she hurriedly walked out of the room and quickly walked up the stairs.

“What the hell was that? What’s going on with me?” Kieran asked as he stared at the closed door, wondering why being in Emory’s presence seemed to make him feel wonderful.
Chapter 5 by Chaynetv
Chapter 5

Coleman Turner was researching possible locations that the Shiyans could be protecting the girl, her father and her friend. He knew they were very below the radar and since they cloaked themselves, his men had no clue where they were.

“Damn it,” Coleman said and heard his phone ringing.

“Turner,” he said quickly.

“What’s the status, Turner?” Walter Julian asked as he stroked the back of his naked mistress who lay next to him in bed.

“We haven’t located them yet. It’s going to take a little time, Walter. Besides, I have moles at the FDA. If he even thinks about going there, he won’t get there. Get my drift?” Coleman stated.

“At least that’s something. He hasn’t been to the FDA yet, so we still have a chance to get him. We have to get him, Turner.”

“And we will. Have I ever let you down before?” Coleman asked in that clipped English accent of his.

“No,” Walter Julian stated.

“Then relax. But I have to warn you that they’ve got protection…serious protection,” Coleman said.

“What do you mean? Who’s protecting them? Samurai’s, Millitant Clan? We can handle that with the your men and a few Brangas,” Walter stated.

“No…Shiyan Knights,” Coleman said as he heard the deep intake of breath from Walter.

“Shiyan Knights? How did he acquire that kind of protection?!!” Walter screamed into the phone.

“Calm down, Walter. Now is not the time to worry about who’s protecting him, but how to get rid of them. That’s our main concern now,” Coleman stated.

“And you say he won’t get to the FDA! Bullshit! Those Shiyans are going to get him there and kill anyone who gets in their way. You do know what they’re capable of…right?” Walter asked, his loud voice waking up his mistress.

“All too well, Walter. I have a few renegade Shiyans on the payroll that for the right price will do anything. So, as I stated, even if he gets there, he doesn’t get there. Besides, what are you so worked up about? You don’t have to do anything, but keep my funds rolling in. Leave all the fighting to me, Walter. We’ll get him, his pretty little daughter and her lovely friend. It’s all going to be taken care of…I just need you to exude a little confidence in me and be patient. Do we understand one another?” Coleman asked as he picked up a Liam dagger.

“Yes. Disposing of problems is your specialty. I’ll leave you to it,” Walter Julian stated.

“You do that. When I get a concrete lead, I’ll let you know,” Coleman stated as he promptly hung up the phone. He looked at the Liam dagger in his hand and threw it with precision at the picture that he had hanging on the wall of Matthew Nichols. The dagger went directly to the middle of Matthew Nichols forehead, then looked at the picture of his daughter and her friend. She and her friend were quite lovely, he thought as he fingered the picture.

“If we don’t get you, Nichols, we’ll most definitely get her,” he said, an evil smirk crossing his handsome features.

********************************************************************************************
A week had passed and Emory tried to keep herself busy. What she learned was still getting to her and she had no intention of just letting it roll off her back. She needed to process everything and figure out what she would do. She did research in the massive library and learned a lot about Lameira’s, Shiyans, anything that she could. Reese was funny and very outgoing….the complete opposite of his friend. Kieran seemed like the serious, brooding type, but she could feel his compassion and there was something else going on with him…he was unhappy.

Dinner that night was rather…quiet and a little awkward. Emory still hadn’t said a word to Sienna and Kieran and Reese were just thinking about their mission…and the subjects of said mission.

After dinner, Emory walked out to the gardens as Kieran had suggested last week. Now it became a habit of hers to just let the wonderful scents of the flowers soothe her after dinner. Emory's eyes went to the men cloaked in black, with swords on their backs, camped out around the house. This place was guarded like a fortress, she thought as she looked at the lighted garden. She also came out to the gardens after breakfast to take a look at its beauty in the full light of day and it was spectacular. As she thought about the events of the last few days, she felt Sienna come to stand beside her. Emory continued to look straight ahead.

“You okay?” Sienna asked.

“I’m dealing. That’s all I can do, right?” Emory answered, her voice clipped.

“Look, Em, I’m sorry about the way everything went down. I always wanted to tell you, but the Elders are something else. They didn’t want you to know and I couldn’t tell you…until now. I’m sorry that it took all of this for you to finally find out the truth,” Sienna said.

Emory turned and looked at her friend. “So I was supposed to go through my life without knowing about who I really am and that was okay to you…to them!?”

Sienna sighed. “No, it wasn’t okay, but it was all done to protect you. Look, Em I’m still Sienna. I ‘m still a little quirky, weird, overtly sexual at times, but I’m the same Sienna.”

Emory smiled a little. “Yeah…the only difference is that you’re basically a black Wonder woman.”

Sienna laughed. “Girl, homegirl ain’t got nothing on me…believe that. And since you know the truth, I had to contact the Council and let them know. I had to tell them everything.”

“What did they say?” Emory asked.

“It was good that the Shiyans were protecting us and that I’m banned from going on any other missions for a year. The only thing I’m required to do is protect you and begin your training. We’ll start with some basic hand to hand combat tomorrow and see where it leads,” Sienna stated as Emory looked at her friend. Sienna had always been a little tough, but combat training…from Sienna? A woman who loved high heels, make-up and tiny skirts?

“Don’t look at me like that. I know I’m a little short, but believe me…I’m one of the best at what I do. Besides, maybe training will take your mind off of all this crap that’s going on concerning your dad and the cure. It wouldn’t hurt,” Sienna stated.

“Yeah. I have a question. Why was it so important that I had protection, especially if I was just supposed to be completely normal to everyone?” Emory inquired as Sienna looked into her friends eyes.

“Em…your mother…she had powers that most of us didn’t have. She could heal and levitate things. Add that to her Lameira strength, and agility and she was basically a real force to be reckoned with. It took 20 Brangas and Midnight brotherhood warriors to destroy her. We don’t know exactly what you can do and I’m thinking if your mom was that powerful, then you probably are just like her…maybe stronger. Emory, if any of them would have found out that Nicollette had a child, it would have been the end of you. The Council figured that you dealt with enough and your life should be as normal as possible, which it was,” Sienna said as Emory thought.

“Well, I know that I can read people’s thoughts and sometimes, if I focus, I can make things move. I don’t know about anything else,” Emory said.

“That's coming from your unknown heritage. Everything from your Lameira heritage is dormant, but we’ll awaken it...as soon as you begin training, you'll feel different, and I want you to be prepared," Sienna stated.

"I'll try," Emory said.

"That's good enough for me. So…are we good again?” Sienna asked. Emory smiled and grabbed her friend and they hugged each other tightly. After the hug, Emory smiled.

“See, what about you? I mean, do you just continue to protect me or what?” Emory asked.

“Yeah, that was the plan. If you were to get married, I was still going to have to protect you because of the threat…no matter what,” Sienna said.

“You mean you wouldn’t have had a life of your own?” Emory asked.

Sienna gave her a small smile. “Something like that.”

“Why would you have done that?” Emory asked.

“It was my duty…and my honor. You’re my best friend. If anything would have happened to you, someone would have had hell to pay. Besides, I like to look at it this way. I get to be footloose and fancy free for awhile. That means tons of fun with cute, sexy guys and no drama. You can’t beat that. Speaking of cute and sexy, oh my God, can those two get any hotter?” Sienna asked with a grin.

Emory laughed. “I think they could, but they really don’t have to. They are fine.”

Sienna looked at Emory and replied, “I know, right? Reese and I sparred with each other last week and it took everything in me not to throw him down and fuck the shit out of him. He’s so sexy. But, it’s not the right time yet. I got other things to concentrate on. I’ll get that booty later.”

Emory and Sienna laughed and then Sienna said, “But that Kieran, the really serious one…what do you think about him?”

Sienna saw the smile that appeared on Emory’s face and she knew. Oh crap.

“He’s quiet. Nice. Very humble. Drop dead gorgeous. I mean, did you see him? Those blue eyes and that black hair. He’s hot…whoa,” Emory stated as Sienna smiled.

“Whoa’s appropriate,” Sienna interjected.

“He’s very serious…considerate. He seems rather sad. I don’t know why, but I just feel like I know him, like he’s someone that’s going to be important to me. And you know how I’m hella cautious with guys? I don’t feel any of that around him for some reason. I just felt that he’s not happy, but he’s going to do what he has to…it’s his duty. You know?” Emory responded as Sienna shook her head. Sienna was listening and thinking, blocking her thoughts. Emory had to have Shiyan blood if she connected with this Kieran guy in that way. She would have to get more info concerning Nicollette’s parents if she could.

“You like him?” Sienna asked.

“Yes, I like him, but not in that way. I mean he saved my life, brought me tea when I felt like crap…I feel indebted to him,” Emory said.

Sienna grinned. “Indebted enough to give him some play?”

Emory playfully slapped Sienna on the arm. “No. Just to be gracious and kind towards him.”

“Uh huh. Just be careful, Em. Guys like Kieran and Reese…you can feel the power that they have and it’s sexy and it’s downright an aphrodisiac. I know how to deal with it, but you don’t. The reason I’m saying all of this is because I think that he’s into you, Em. You didn’t see the way he looked at you in the club or the expression on his face after we left you. It wasn’t just empathy. It was concern and care. I think he likes you, Em,” Sienna stated as Emory’s heart skipped at the fact.

“You are tripping, See. I mean, from what I’ve read, he's only allowed to marry Shiyan women,” Emory said.

Sienna laughed. “I didn’t say anything about him marrying you…I said he likes you, Em…really likes you. Just watch yourself. If you do take that plunge, be careful. We’re really not allowed to let feelings get involved. Deep emotions and feelings makes everything messy, at least that’s my experience. I’m going to get a drink, because I need it. You want one?”

“No, I’m going to stay out here for awhile. I’m glad we’re talking again, See. I missed you,” Emory said as Sienna stood with her hand on the door.

“Me too, girly. I’ll see you later,” Sienna said as she walked back into the house. Her friend didn’t even realize it, but she was falling for tall, dark and handsome.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave,” Sienna thought as she walked to the bar and looked at a bottle of rum. She couldn’t reach it and cursed to herself.

“Damn it,” she whispered and then she saw a long, tan arm above her, pulling the bottle down.

“Is this what you wanted?” the sexy voice that belonged to Reese asked. He couldn’t resist. He walked in after doing a grounds check and saw Sienna, in all her little sexiness, bending up in those jeans that gripped her ass, trying to reach the bottle.

“Yes, thank you,” Sienna replied as she turned around and looked up into his face.

“No problem,” he said as he watched her fill her glass with ice, then coke, then the rum. She twirled it around with her fingertip, then licked it, making Reese wish she would have just held it out for him to lick. She smiled, then took a sip.

“You look like you needed that,” he said as she smiled.

“I did. You have no idea. So, how long are we going to be here?” Sienna asked.

“We were told maybe a few more weeks, then we bring you back to headquarters. Why? Are you getting anxious?” he asked as he walked up to her, looking down into her eyes. Sienna laughed. He couldn’t read her…she was blocking, he thought. Why?

“A little,” she stated.

“Maybe I can help you with the anxiety. Tell me what you want me to do,” he whispered as Sienna laughed.

“You’re good,” she said as she sipped her drink.

“You have no idea,” Reese replied as she looked up at him after sipping once more. She placed it down on the table and grinned.

“Reese, let’s be honest with each other. You wanna fuck me, right?” Sienna asked. Reese let his eyes travel slowly down her body and back up again as he curled his lips into a sensuous grin.

“Without a doubt…yes,” he said as his fingers traveled down her bare arm. Sienna played it cool, not letting him know how much that touch affected her.

“I’ll be real with you, too. I wouldn’t mind getting it on with you. You know that and I know that. But right now isn’t the time,” she said.

“According to you. Besides, we’ve been flirting with each other for days now and the sexual tension is killing me and I know it’s doing the same to you. So, why don’t we go to my room and do what we’ve been wanting to do since we first saw each other…and that’s fuck each other’s brains out.”

Sienna let out a sigh after hearing the words come from his mouth, wanting nothing more than to go with him and do the damn thing, but she couldn’t do that now. She had to concentrate on Emory…at least for a little while.

“Although that sounds awfully tempting, we’re going to have to put this on ice and think about everything clearly and objectively. You are on a mission. I have a duty. Emory begins training tomorrow and I need to focus all of my energy on that. Maybe we can…,” but her thoughts were cut off when his head leaned down, his hands cupped her face and his lips passionately took hers. Sienna gripped his upper arms as she moved closer to him. His tongue sought entrance into her mouth and she happily allowed it.

Reese took over the kiss and ran his tongue along every crevice of her mouth, basking in the sweetness of it. He could taste the drink that she just ingested along with her special taste that was making him want her even more. He made sure that he grazed his want for her against her and when she moaned, he kissed her harder. The next thing he knew, he pulled away from her sweet lips and stared down into her eyes. Reese licked his lips as Sienna licked hers. She had never been kissed so well.

Who was she kidding? She was going to get him sooner than later.

“You were saying?” he asked in that sexy voice of his.

“Um…yeah, something definitely has to be done about this tension. I mean, we're both adults. It wouldn’t do well for us to tiptoe around something we both obviously want, right?” she asked.

He just nodded in agreement and she began to speak. “Right. Well, um, I’ll think about it a little more and um, I’ll get back to you. Okay?”

“Alright,” he said as he pushed her hair away from her face.

“Okie dokie. Well, I’m going to go. Later,” Sienna said as she walked away from Reese. He laughed as he watched her walk off.

It wouldn’t be long…he knew it.
************************************************************
Kieran saw Emory standing outside looking at the flowers in the garden. He had been staring at her for quite some time, just admiring her from afar. He had stayed away from her as much as possible during the last few days because of their last encounter. He just didn’t trust what would happen if he was in her presence alone. He couldn’t stop thinking about her and it wasn’t just physical, although that had something to do with it. He still hadn’t found out any information except what Sienna had told them concerning her mother's parents, but he figured something would come up.

His father had narrowed it down to Walter Julian who owned JulCorp pharmaceuticals who was responsible for wanting Dr. Nichols, Emory and Sienna dead. He had on his payroll a warrior by the name of Coleman Turner, who was the head of the Midnight Brotherhood in Europe. Coleman Turner was a dirty man and killed without conscious. Kieran had never come up against him, but just knowing that he wanted to hurt Emory made him want to destroy him.

Shit, he thought to himself as he made himself calm down. He couldn't let his anger cloud what he had to do. Why was he so angry?Because he wanted her, that's why. But he couldn't have her. He had to do whatever he could to concentrate on this mission and him daydreaming about kissing those beautiful lips of hers would not help him protect her.

In the meantime, he had to hold his attraction to Emory at bay. Although he could be intimate with her, he couldn’t have a relationship with her according to his people’s laws, and he knew that if he got a taste of her, he wouldn’t be able to just let her go.

This was so frustrating, he thought as he stared at the mahogany hued beauty. Just last week he was coming to grips that he would probably end up marrying Tisa and being the leader of the Shiyan Knights in North America in a few years, and then, Emory shows up, making him wish that he didn’t have to be what he was.

How in the hell did I let this happen, he thought to himself. How could I develop feelings for someone so fast? If he thought about it, from the first time he saw her photo, he knew that she was going to be something special to him. She must have felt him staring because she turned around and gave him the most beautiful smile. The smile that she bestowed upon him made his heart flip and he could read her thoughts, thoughts that let him know that she had been thinking about him exactly the way he had been thinking about her.

Kieran nodded to her and broke away from her gaze, slowly contemplating how to get rid of this attraction to her because no good would come from it.
Chapter 6 by Chaynetv
Chapter 6

Vincent Villegas didn’t know how to approach his friend concerning the information that Kieran and Reese had given him regarding Emory and her friend Sienna. He knew that Matthew was worried about Emory’s safety, but what he had to discuss with Matthew was important.

Vincent, along with Anthony Monteblanc, sat with Matthew as Vincent gave Matthew all the information that he received from Kieran and Reese and the looks that crossed his face, also with the vibes that Vincent picked up from Matthew told him all he needed to know.

“Matt…you knew about Emory and Nicollette, didn’t you?” Vincent asked, his eyes narrowing as he gazed at his friend.

Matthew’s brown eyes met his and he said, “Yes. But I didn’t know about Sienna. That explains why she was always around.”

“Why didn’t you tell us when I asked you to give me the whole story? How long have you known?” Vincent asked.

Matthew sighed, then he began to speak. “When Emory was about 7 or 8, I began to suspect that Nicollette was having an affair. I followed her one night and what I saw astounded me. My 5’3 wife killed 12 men…and she barely used a weapon. When she saw me, I asked her how could she do it and simply said, “because it’s my duty.” Nicollette revealed to me that she was a Lameira Protector and told me that I had to make sure never to tell anyone about her abilities. She explained everything in great detail and I didn’t want to leave her, even though I feared for her safety. I loved her. So, I cast a blind eye to her activities. When Nicollette died, I never wanted Emory to know what she really was. I never wanted my daughter to lead a double life. I would see Emory levitate things, but I convinced her that it was all in her mind. I did what I thought was best for my child.”

“Do you know anything about Nicollette’s father?” Vincent asked as Matthew gulped.

“Before Nicollette died, she began research regarding her father. All I know is…he was one of you. She never got to tell me his name,” Matthew stated as Vincent and Anthony looked at each other.

Vincent stood up and looked at Anthony. “It’s possible that he may still be alive. Anthony, dig up any information that you have on exiled Shiyan Knights 20 years to the date of Nicollette’s birthday. See what you can dig up.”

Anthony nodded his compliance as he left the room. Vincent paced for a few minutes, then let out a huge sigh, glancing back at his best friend.

“Vince, I didn’t think that it was important to reveal anything regarding Nicollette and Emory, so I didn’t,” Matthew said.

“How could you let your daughter think she was paranoid, Matt?”

“I did what I had to do to protect her,” Matthew stated as Vincent sat down next to his friend on the sofa.

“Maybe you thought you were, but you may have done more harm than good. I mean, the Lameira’s has given Sienna orders to train her, but the poor girl has been basically driving blind her whole life,” Vincent stated as Matt shrugged his shoulders.

“I just wanted my baby to be normal…to have a normal life,” Matthew replied.

“But she’s not normal, Matt. From what I know of Nicollette, she was powerful. Emory may have inherited all of her traits…maybe some that Nicollette didn’t have. I know one thing. If Midnight Brotherhood finds out who she is, your cure isn’t going to be the only reason they’re going to have to get to Emory. Excuse me, my friend, but this is getting more difficult than I imagined. I must speak with the rest of the council concerning this situation,” Vincent stated as he stood up to go to the door. Matthew spoke out as Vincent’s hand turned the doorknob.

“I know you don’t think what I did was right, but I didn’t want my child hurt. I didn’t want her to die like her mother did,” Matthew said as Vincent just stared at his friend for a minute, then proceeded to walk out of the door.
*********************************************************
A few weeks later...

Emory was beginning to become quite good with her hands, she thought as she did Tai Chi. With her Lameira powers awakened, Emory could see clearer, move faster and hear extremely well. Her other heritage, those powers…well, they were another story.

She really hadn’t learned to control her powers yet and after finishing her Tai Chi exercises, she decided to practice levitating things. Her eyes focused on an empty water bottle. She tried to make it go into the garbage can, but she couldn’t.

Kieran walked into the other entrance to the gym, unbeknown to Emory. He had been watching her for several minutes, taking in her beauty. She was progressing very well for someone who just learned about their abilities. He didn’t know why he couldn’t keep his eyes off this woman. He had seen beautiful women before…he was surrounded by them, but it was something about her that made him keep his eyes glued to her whenever she was in close proximity. It was going against everything that he swore to uphold to have this want…no, this need for her and he didn’t know how long he would be able to handle it. He also didn’t know if he wanted to handle it.

“Damn it,” she said as she watched the bottle fall on the side of the garbage can. From across the room, a deep, male voice stated, “You’re forcing it.”

Emory turned around and saw Kieran Villegas with a black wifebeater on and black nylon jogging pants. Emory smiled at him and he smiled back. He was absolutely gorgeous, she thought as he walked over to her. “Hello…and why did you say that?”

“Hi...and the reason I said that is because I can feel it…I see it. Your face is all contorted and you’re stiff as a board. It won’t happen if you force it like that,” he said as he walked up to her, trying not to concentrate on her lovely lips.

“But I read that I have to concentrate,” she said as he grinned. She was adorable, he thought as he took in the slight little pout of her lips.

“Yes, you have to concentrate, but you must be focused…not forced. The first thing you need to do is forget the books. You’re supposed to feel as if your powers are a natural part of you, something that you easily control, not conquer. Maybe I can show you how to control your powers, make them feel apart of you instead of separate from you,” he said as she put her hands on her hips.

“That’s exactly how I feel. How did you know?” Emory asked.

“That’s how it is in the beginning. It feels like a foreign entity instead of something naturally inside of you,” he said as their eyes met. Emory didn’t want to look away, but she did. She wiped the back of her hand across her lightly sweaty forehead.

“How often would we have to do this?” she asked.

“Until you felt comfortable with your powers. Right now, you’re not comfortable and that’s why you’re so blocked, so forced. We could start today and maybe start an hour before you begin your training with Sienna once a day. Sound good to you?” he asked as she smiled. That smile of hers was contagious he thought as he smiled back at her.

“That sounds good. Thank you Kieran,” she whispered as they stared at one another.

“It’s my pleasure,” he whispered, those gorgeous blue eyes staring into hers.

“So, how do I do this?” she asked.

Kieran came to stand behind her and as he did, his hands lightly held her hips. Emory could feel his power and his smell and she loved it. The feeling of his strong, warm hands on her was wonderful and she imagined those hands touching her in other places. Kieran was trying his best not to pull Emory closer to him and the light floral musky scent of her was damaging his senses. He inhaled a deep cleansing breath so that he could concentrate and slowly released it.

“Do you meditate?” he asked.

“No,” she replied.

“You may want to make it a habit. It helps center you, and it gives your body a break from all of your abilities. It’s also the cornerstone of levitating. I usually meditate early in the morning and right before bed,” he stated to her as she grinned.

“I’ll do that. Thanks,” she replied.

“No problem. You ready to start learning how to own your powers?” he asked.

“Yeah…let’s do this,” she stated as he smiled.

“Okay, first…close your eyes. Then, clear your head. Slowly breathe in, then exhale, breathe in, then exhale,” he said in the sexiest, most soothing voice Emory had ever heard. The nearness of him was unnerving to her, but at the same time, she welcomed it. How odd, she thought.

Emory did as he requested for several minutes and heard him say, “Good. Now open your eyes and find your target,” he said as he looked at her face as she listened to him. She was beautiful, he thought as he continued to teach her about levitating.

Meanwhile, Sienna was standing outside of the room, looking through the window at Kieran and Emory. What she saw was something that shouldn’t be happening.

“Hello hotness. I could have sworn that I told you weeks ago about the evils of eavesdropping. You know that's a nasty little habit for someone as cute as you to have. Why are you so nosy?” Reese asked as his head leaned to Sienna’s left ear. Sienna didn’t look at him, but smiled inside when he called her hotness and cute. She kept staring through the window.

"It's not eavesdropping...it's observing...spying. I've been trained to spy on others...so have you," she said as he grinned.

"Yeah, I've been trained to spy...on targets...you know, bad people...not friends or family. Now what's your excuse?" he asked, watching her take in a deep breath. He liked to get her all riled up. She was sexy all the time, but when she was pissed, she was off the charts hot.

Sienna's head whipped around to him for a minute, then she said, “Because I'm just nosy, damn it, so don't do or say anything around here that you don't want me to know about. Your best bet is to stay on high alert around me," she said.

Reese grinned. "I don't have anything to hide. I'm an open book, Sienna. Besides, there's one body part in particular that's always on high alert around you and I really have no control over that."

Sienna sighed and shook her head, shivering at the thought of said body part that stood at attention when she was around. She cleared her head of the dirty little thoughts that raced through it and said, "Whatever. Well, at least he’s helping her with levitating. She’s picking everything up so quickly. Usually, it takes months to train a new LP, but Emory can basically do anything I teach her. I’ve never seen that before,” Sienna stated as Reese stood beside her, his arms crossing his chest.

“At least she’s learning fast, which is certainly a good thing for her. Sometimes, after so many years of not using your powers, many don’t adapt and can’t catch on. Be grateful that she’s a quick study. Kieran is one of the best Shiyan Knights ever, so she’s learning from the best. His levitating skills are so concise and precise and his timing and accuracy is amazing, so she’s in good hands,” Reese stated as his eyes traveled over Sienna’s curvy form. Sienna was dressed in a pair of black leggings and a black tank top, the same as Emory and her curves were more pronounced in the fitted material. Reese had been thinking about her ever since he kissed her, but duties got in the way the last couple of weeks and he didn’t make another move towards her. Now that Kieran was distracting Emory for awhile, he felt that maybe he could get Sienna to focus on their physical attraction to one another and act on it.

“You do know that he’s falling for her…and vice versa. She’s denying it, but I know what I know,” Sienna replied.

“So is he. I haven’t said much about it because it’s Kieran. He’s a boy scout. He won’t do anything that he’s not supposed to. He’s the next leader of the order and with that comes strict duties and responsibilities. Kieran is the archetype of a Shiyan Knight. He won’t go there with Emory,” Reese said staring at Sienna’s profile as she watched Kieran and Emory. She was a beautiful woman, he thought as he remembered the way she responded to him and how her lips fused so well with his. He could feel her concern and her fear…it washed over him in waves.

“I don’t know about that. I mean, I’ve caught him staring at her when she’s not looking and I have to say…the looks that I’ve seen are not of one who’s not going to act on his attraction. This could be bad…really bad,” Sienna stated as she felt Reese’s gaze on her. She didn’t look up at him, but she did like the way that he looked at her.

“It could, but what’s the worse that could happen? He could be expelled from the Shiyan Order and be exiled. That’s about it. Personally, I think it would be the best thing that ever happened to him,” Reese said as Sienna looked over at him. Those colorful tattoos were exposed from the short sleeved black t-shirt he was wearing.

“Why are you so nonchalant about all of this? Why would you want that to happen to your friend?” Sienna asked.

Reese looked into her eyes. “Because Kieran’s not happy. Kieran is dreading taking his father’s place because he’s at odds with the laws, but he’s so dutiful that it’s insane. And the woman that they’re trying to make him marry is beautiful, submissive and boring…Kieran hates that. He’s miserable. He doesn’t acknowledge it, but I know. When he first saw Emory’s photograph, I saw a light that I never saw before. He just seems more human when he’s around her. This is the most I’ve seen Kieran smile in a long time and if something does happen, it happens. There’s nothing we can do to stop it if it’s meant to be.”

"When did you become so philosophical?" Sienna asked.

"Just now. If you got to know me, you'd learn that there's a lot about me that would surprise you," Reese replied.

Sienna looked up at him, noticing that his hazel eyes turned colors and tried not to get lost in them. “I'm sure. I still don’t see this as a good thing. Do me a favor, Reese. You keep telling him to do his job and focus on that. I’ll keep telling Emory the same.”

“You know Sienna, they're not children...they're adults and if this thing is bigger than they are, who are we to tell them it’s wrong?” Reese asked as Sienna sighed, watching Emory laugh at something Kieran said and catching the look of longing on his face as he stared at Emory. Sienna’s fingertips went to the middle of her forehead as she felt pain right between her eyes.

“I’m not saying that what they feel is wrong. It’s just that Em is very fragile right now. I don’t want to see her get caught up in a fantasy, then get tossed aside. So you need to watch your boy,” Sienna stated as Reese watched her pretty features cross.

“Kieran’s not like that and I’m just afraid that his feelings are more serious for her than hers are for him. If something is meant to happen between those two, and it’s already happening, then there’s nothing we can do about it,” he replied as he stared at her.

Sienna sighed as the ache in her head increased. Her fingers began to move more quickly between her eyes and Reese sensed that she was in pain and he wanted to help her. He stood in front of her and removed her fingertips.

“What are you….?” She began to ask but was interrupted by Reese’s fingers touching the spot were her fingers were. Reese concentrated on the spot between her eyes and held his fingers there.

“Shhh. Just relax,” he whispered as she felt a delicious warmth spread through her skin, from the tips of his fingers. Sienna closed her eyes and Reese continued to concentrate until he felt her pain go away. He removed his fingers and stared down into her face. Her eyes were closed and she looked soft and peaceful…so unlike the little spitfire that he was becoming accustomed to.

Sienna opened her eyes and saw Reese staring at her. Her headache was gone and she felt relaxed and peaceful.

“Thank you,” she whispered as she looked up into his face. His fingertips grazed her nose, then her lips.

“You’re welcome,” he replied.

“That was better than taking Tylenol,” Sienna replied as he laughed.

“I know. Why haven’t you gotten back to me?” Reese asked as he looked down at her. Sienna tried to tear her gaze away from his, but she couldn’t.

“I just haven’t had the time to,” Sienna replied. Reese grinned at her.

“Really? That’s a shame. But since it seems that your charge and my friend are going to be busy for a while, why don’t you come with me and let’s end this little war right now,” he whispered, as one of his fingers ran down the right side of her neck, to her right shoulder, then her right bare arms to finally rest on the back of her hand, where it made small, sensual circles.

Sienna didn’t say anything, but she knew that she wanted him. She needed to be with him and his touch, as light as it was, was doing her in. She tried to not think about him, but that kiss constantly replayed in her mind.

“I want you and you want me. Let’s do something about it, once and for all,” he whispered.

“Yeah…you’re right. But before we go any further, let's make a deal," she replied.

"Anything, sweetheart," he whispered in a way that made her shiver.

"Let’s just keep this strictly physical with no demands or anything...no expectations, declarations of love, yada yada yada,” she whispered back as her head lifted toward his.

“I get it. Whatever you want, gorgeous. Why don’t you meet me in my room…say 20 minutes?” Reese asked as his head leaned closer to hers, lips barely an inch away from hers.

“20 minutes…okay. Um, I guess I can do that…maybe place a spell in place where no one could hear us,” she whispered as he grinned.

“That’s good…but I want to hear you when I take you. Just as long as that spell allows me to hear every moan and whimper that escapes those sexy lips of yours...," he whispered as her sex clenched.

"...it will...trust me," she whispered.

"Good. Oh, and Sienna...whatever you do, don’t get all docile and timid on me. I want that little hellion that kissed me to come out…alright?” he asked, wanting to kiss her but didn’t.

Sienna was smiling at this point and just figured, to hell with it. I might as well, she thought as she stared at Reese’s gorgeous face and sexy pink lips. Besides, she had never had sex with a Shiyan Knight and to say she was curious was an understatement. If the rumors were true, then she was in for a real treat. Sex with a Shiyan Knight was supposed to be like heaven on earth…simply incredible…orgasms were more drawn out and pleasurable, multiple in occurence…what the hell, she thought.

“Oh, she’ll be there. I just hope you can handle it,” she whispered her lips still an inch away from his.

Reese licked his lips slowly and the look in his eyes left her trembling and wet. “Don’t worry about that. You won’t be the same when I’m through with you.”

“Like I haven’t heard that before,” she replied.

“Maybe you have, but I stand by everything I say. You’re never going to want to stop once we start, sweetheart. I’ll do my part…you just do yours,” he replied, getting more turned on by the minute. He stepped away from her and gave her a sexy grin.

“I will,” she answered.

“20 minutes,” Reese replied as he gave her a searing once over, a wink and proceeded to walk down the hall and up to his room.

Sienna let the breath that she had been holding escape. “20 minutes,” she whispered as she walked to her room to prepare for a wild night with the sexy Shiyan Knight.
Chapter 7 by Chaynetv
Chapter 7

A few weeks later...

Emory noticed that morning that Reese was flirting more with Sienna than usual. He walked past her as his hand glided gently along her spandex covered behind and left as Sienna smiled.

“I shot the sheriff,” Sienna sang lowly as she watched Reese walk out of the kitchen.

Emory’s mouth formed a small O as she laughed. “No you didn’t.”

Sienna grinned as she sipped her coffee. “Oh yes I did…all night…a few times this morning. I needed that. I’m so energized and I feel so much stronger. Girl, those Shiyan Knights ain’t nothin’ nice. They got stamina for days and…whoo. I’m just a happy bitch right about now and I feel so invigorated. The rumors were not wrong…not at all.”

“You like him,” Emory stated.

“Yeah, but don’t look at me like that. It’s not serious. It’s just sex,” Sienna stated.

Emory smiled, not believing her friend for one minute. “Yeah, right. I’ll see you for sparring after I finish with Kieran.”

“Um hum,” Sienna replied as she watched her friend with a huge smile on her face once Kieran’s name passed her lips walk out of the kitchen.

She’s so gone, Sienna thought as she laughed.

********************************************************************************************
“Alright now focus only on placing the rocks on top of each other,” Kieran replied as he gave Emory levitation instruction. They were outside in the garden this morning, as they had been all week. Kieran was amazed by Emory’s progress. She could move things quickly and diligently, but he still had to help her control the power. She was getting a lot better at that, but she still had a way to go.

He was also getting to know a lot about her and vice versa. She asked tons of questions about his clan, and he provided her with the answers easily. She was so easy to talk to, because she listened…really listened. It had been a long time since someone really listened to him and for that, he was grateful.

Kieran took in the sight of her dressed in a white tanktop and grey, lycra Capri leggings, the morning sun making her chocolate skin glow. Everything about this woman was beautiful and he was finding it harder and harder to control himself around her.

After she completed that task, Emory let out a slow, cleansing breath as her eyes met Kieran’s. He walked over to her and stood in front of her, with his arms crossed in front of his chest. He was so gorgeous, she thought as she watched the muscles in his arms flex.

“You’re getting better, Emory. You’re actually learning control,” Kieran replied as he was gifted with a pretty grin from Emory.

“Really?” she asked as she looked up into his eyes.

“Really. Meditating has helped your levitating immensely,” Kieran stated.

“Thank you. I’m glad you suggested it and you’re a great teacher,” she remarked, still staring up into those beautiful blue eyes of his.

“You’re a good student. You take direction very well and you pay attention to the things that I tell you to work on and you put it into action. Do you want to practice a little while longer…we can talk while you do it? There are going to be times when you may have to move something during a chaotic situation and this would be good practice,” Kieran stated as she smiled.

“Okay…if it’s going to help me, sure,” she stated as he stood next to her and watched her pull flowers up slowly, along with a few rocks.

“It will…trust me,” he said as he looked over and down into her gorgeous brown eyes.

“I do,” Emory replied, in a trance as she looked up at him. His head began to lean down and hers went up until…

“It’s my time now, Em. We have sparring practice in five minutes and we need to warm up,” Sienna replied. She felt a warm, large body stand behind her and she knew instantly that it was Reese.

“You look so hot in those tights,” he whispered in her ear, then said loudly, “Yeah, Key, we have to make our rounds.” He then leaned down and whispered in her ear, “You didn’t block your thoughts, baby. You’ve got a dirty mind. Maybe we can take care of that later?” he asked as she grinned. Emory and Kieran walked up as Sienna pulled her by the hand.

“Let’s see how much energy I need…then we’ll talk,” Sienna replied as they walked off, his eyes glued to her ass.

“Emory…make sure you wear her out,” he yelled as the women laughed and walked into the house. Reese let out a low whistle and grinned at Kieran.

“What?” Reese asked.

“You and Sienna have been sleeping together, haven’t you? You don’t have to tell me. It’s coming off of you in waves,” Kieran replied as his friend grinned. He knew that Reese wanted Sienna and was just waiting for it to finally go down.

“Well, we only sleep for a few hours. But I fucked her all night…most of this morning. Yeah, that’s more accurate,” Reese stated as he grinned at his friend as they did their grounds check.

“You couldn’t stay away, huh?” Kieran asked.

“Fuck no. That woman’s a thoroughbred in the sack. We go at each other like wild animals. It’s…fuckin’ great! I’ve never had a woman who’s sex drive is as strong as my own. She’s incredible,”. Reese replied as his thoughts drifted to a few weeks ago.

******************************************************************************************
Flashback...2 weeks ago

Reese knew the minute she walked into his room. She definitely came in exactly twenty minutes, he thought. He moved his hand and the door closed as she walked inside. He saw her close her eyes and do an incantation for several minutes, then he walked over to her like a predator and when her eyes opened, Reese pulled her by the waist with one hand and placed the other to the back of her head and sought out her lips. Sienna grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his lips closer into hers, grazing her tongue along his, seeking out his mouth. They ravaged each others lips and she loved the feel of that sexy, five o’ clock shadow on his face as it glided across her cheek and her neck. As Reese’s tongue snaked along the back of her right ear, and down her neck, she saw him wave his fingers and adjust the lighting in the room.

“Finally…I’ve been wanting this for so long,” he whispered.

“Me too. Bad Sienna…sorry I made you wait so long,” she whispered.

Reese’s tongue curved along her ear, making her moan and get wetter by the second.

“I forgive you, baby…now you just have to make it up to me,” he whispered as his hands cupped her ass, squeezing the globes.

“Oh, don’t worry about that…I will…believe me. Ooh…someone seems to be in a hurry,” Sienna whispered as her head went back to allow him more access to her neck.

Reese chuckled against her silky skin, loving the way she tasted. “I’m not a one minute man, if that’s what you’re getting at. By the time I finish with you, you’re going to be begging me not to stop….”

Sienna laughed and felt herself being pushed against a wall. “You really don’t know who you’re messing with. You’re going to be asking me to stop. I can hang…best believe that.”

Reese ripped her tank top off of her body like it was tissue paper and flicked his fingers and in an instant her leggings and panties were gone. He flicked his fingers and threw her bra across the room and tore off his shirt as his eyes moved heatedly over her naked, brown body. “I can’t wait to see that. Shit…you’re fuckin’ gorgeous,” he whispered as he stared at her naked body.

“Thanks…now I need to see you,” Sienna whispered as she turned the tables on him and pushed him against the wall with such force that the wall cracked. Reese grinned.

“You’re a little roughneck, huh? I like that,” he replied as Sienna’s lips and tongue kissed his chest. Reese held her head and groaned. Her lips felt so good on him, he thought.

Sienna’s hands made quick work of his pants and pulled his boxers down, grabbing his hardness in her hand, closing her fist around it.

“Ooh, this is nice…very nice. I’m going to have some fun with this,” she whispered as she stared at him, running the tip of her thumb over the opening in the head of his penis. Reese groaned, “Don’t tease me, Sienna”.

Sienna grinned. “I’m not teasing you. Doesn’t that feel good?” Sienna began to stroke him steadily, her hand moving up and down over his long, thick girth.

“Fuck yeah,” he whispered as she grinned.

“Good…then shut up and enjoy it,” she whispered as his eyes locked with hers. He was velvety steel, she thought and she loved the way he watched her as she stroked him. When she got into a good rhythm, his eyes closed and when he felt her tongue lick his hot, pink head several times, he thought he was going to lose it. Her mouth sucked on the head a few times and Reese groaned loudly.

“Um, baby…shit,” he whispered and then she stopped. She licked her way from his belly button to his chest, then his neck and pulled his left ear lobe into her mouth while she whispered, “Not yet. We’ll save that for another time. I want to fuck now…don’t you?”

That little sentence did him in. Reese had enough of her teasing and turned her back against the wall with such roughness that Sienna purred. She liked being manhandled. It turned her on. Reese’s lips were on hers again and then his fingers walked down her torso and paused between her wet folds. He lightly rubbed her clit and Sienna felt that warmth again plus his fingers on her sensitive nub and screamed out her orgasm, her wetness flooding his fingers.

“Oh fuck Reese!” she yelled as she felt his fingers plunge into her dewy, warm, moistness and they both groaned loudly.

“Damn, you feel good,” he whispered, groaning again at the feel of her hot, wet, tight cavern clenching his fingers. Reese looked into her eyes and concentrated on keeping her up against the wall and moved his head and her legs spread a little wider. He thrusted his fingers in and out of her and pulled her legs on both of his shoulders, anchored her legs around his arms and whispered, “hold on baby” and licked her dripping sex as he stroked his fingers into her. That warmth was in the tip of his tongue and his fingers and Sienna’s eyes rolled back into her head as her hands gripped his head. She had never felt anything like this and it was wonderful.

“Oh damn, that feels good!” she moaned loudly as Reese licked and laved her, thrusting her soaking wet sex into his face. He loved her taste and wanted nothing more than to keep feasting on her tasty, juicy cunt, but he had to get inside of her…now.

His head moved from between her legs and he used his powers and concentrated on keeping her against the wall with her legs splayed as he pulled a condom out of his wallet. He opened it, rolled it on quickly and thrusted his thick, long, hard, length into her welcoming, moist sex. They both groaned at the invasion and he loved how tight she was. Her walls sucked him in. Sienna locked her legs around his waist as his hands cupped the ass that he had been admiring for the last month and a half, and he began to thrust into her painstainkingly slow. Sienna felt that warmth hit her g-spot right after his thrusts and couldn’t believe how good he was. She had never felt anything like it as she threw her head back, loving the feeling.

“Reese, don’t stop,” she moaned as he thrust up into her, his pace a little quicker. Her sexy, breathy, loud moans were making him even harder.

“I won’t…fuck you feel good…so good,” he whispered. Sienna met him thrust for thrust and Reese groaned her name, “Sienna.” She felt so good and wet and hot…her heat combined with his warmth was taking him to a place he had never been. Her pussy was wonderfully tight and wet and she felt amazing. Sienna looked down into his eyes and he stared into hers as his rough thrusts and that warmness made her close her eyes and a scream with his name attached escaped her lips. Sienna’s walls constricted around his stiffness, milking him and making him groan out her name as his orgasm ran through his body. When he came, it was with such force that Sienna screamed once more, multiple orgasms exploding from within her. Sienna couldn’t believe the ripples of pleasure that were going through her body and she leaned her head back against the wall as Reese leaned his head in the crook of her neck.

They both were at a loss for words until Sienna whispered, “I’m sorry I doubted you.”

Reese replied, “It happens. Don’t worry about it,” he whispered, taking in deep breaths.

Sienna tried to catch her breath and whispered, “I want more.” Reese laughed from her neck and looked at her.

“You’re such a greedy woman…I like that,” he replied.

“Yeah, that’s me. If I find something good…I want more of it and that was fuckin’ awesome,” she whispered as he laughed again.

“It was better than that. You sure you can handle more?” he asked.

“Oh yeah…I’m sure,” she whispered as her lips crashed against his, Reese walking her away from the wall and gently falling on the bed, ready to give her what she asked for.

*********************************************************

Kieran shook his head as he watched his friend, who was blocking his dirty thoughts about the beautiful Sienna.

“You like her, don’t you…I mean, you really like her?” Kieran asked, not knowing at the time that they were being watched.

“Yeah…but it’s just sex, you know. I mean, she’s cool as hell and it’s scary, but she’s kind of like me…with tits,” Reese replied as Kieran laughed.

“Well, just remember…,” Kieran stated as the hairs on the back of his neck began to stand up. Something wasn’t right…someone was here.

“I know, I know…Key…do you feel that?” Reese asked as he looked around, pulling his Leachea sword from his back and getting into battle stance.

“Yeah…get to Emory and Sienna and get the cars going. We’ve got to get back to headquarters…now!” Kieran stated as he pulled his Leachea sword from its holster on his back and took his battle stance and watched his guards fight Midnight Brotherhood warriors and Branga Soldiers. Four jumped over the balcony into the garden and Kieran flicked his wrist to one, concentrating as he began to swing his sword.

Reese ran with supernatural speed to get to Emory and Sienna and watched the women as they fought off ten Branga soldiers. Emory was holding her own as he flicked his wrist and threw two of them through a second floor window, screaming to their death. He looked over and sliced through another two warriors at once. They just kept coming, he thought as he watched Sienna fight off three men. She kicked and punched one of the men, then she stabbed him, kicking him off after she ran her dagger through the second ones throat, then when a third ran towards her, she flipped on the floor and with quick expertise threw a dagger right in the middle of his head. He was amazed at how well she could fight and was glad that she was there. The man fell as he pulled two others out of her reach.

“They just keep coming,” she yelled as she ducked from a warrior with a dagger, got behind him and slit his throat. looked up and saw Emory’s throwing daggers at the men with her mind.

Kieran ran into the room with several guards and saw what looked to be 40 Brangas and Midnight Brotherhood warriors towards Reese, Emory and Sienna. The entire time he and his men fought off the warriors in the garden, he was thinking of Emory and was worried about something happening to her, but as he watched her in awe, she was doing just fine.

As he and his guards took out the rest of the warriors around the room, he looked at Reese, who nodded that he was okay, then Sienna who did the same. Sienna closed her eyes and took deep breaths, trying to regain her composure. She saw Emory standing with things floating around her as if she was in a trance and watched as Kieran walked over to her. He waved his hand over her and spoke to her in a calm, soothing tone.

“Emory, I need you to back it up…it’s over. Just relax, sweetheart. It’s over. Calm down,” he whispered over and over until everything stopped levitating at once around her and she blinked several times. Tears began to fall from her eyes and she went into Kieran’s arms. He held her tightly and stroked her from the top of her head, to her back, trying to calm her. He read her thoughts.

“I killed those men, Kieran,” she said in her head.

“I know, but they were going to kill you. You defended yourself. Don’t feel bad about that. You did great, by the way. I was so worried about you,” he admitted telepathically.

“I was worried about you, too. Are you alright? You have a cut above your eyebrow and…,” Emory asked telepathically as she looked up into his eyes, her finger softly going to the cut above his eye. Kieran loved the way her slight touch felt on his skin.

He smiled. “I’m fine. It’ll be gone by the end of the day. Don’t worry your pretty little head about me.”

“But…you’re my friend. I care about you. I don’t want anything to happen to you,” Emory stated in her mind, knowing what she felt for the gorgeous Shiyan Knight was more than friendship.

Kieran stared down into her eyes. “Is that right?”

“Yeah,” she whispered, not wanting to tear her gaze away from him. Sienna and Reese were the only ones in the room and they looked at one another at the scene that unfolded before them. Those two were head over heels for each other…and didn’t know it.

Reese walked over and said, “Angelo’s ready. We’ve got to go.”

Kieran reluctantly allowed Emory to fall out of his embrace, immediately missing the way she felt in his arms as she walked over to Sienna who hugged her, then they walked out of the room quickly.

“Yeah…let’s go.” Kieran replied, feeling all kinds of things at the moment…want, desire, love. He couldn’t fight it anymore, he thought as they left the house and walked to the large, black SUV. He had fallen in love with Emory…and he didn’t know how he was going to deal with it.
Chapter 8 by Chaynetv
Chapter 8

A few days later

Coleman Turner sat in his office awaiting the arrival of the girl and her friend. When one of his renegade Shiyan associates gave him a few of the locations that they could have been keeping Emory Nichols and her friend, he quickly dispatched his best men.

As he contemplated what he would do to them, he stared at their pictures once more. Once he had his fun with both of them, he’d make sure that Dr. Nichols received a few personal souvenirs. He’d get to the good doctor and he would dispatch of the cure…one way or another.

As Coleman was thinking of possible ways to make the women endure pain, Chapman, his assistant came rushing in. Chapman was a mixed breed assassin for hire who Coleman stumbled upon 5 years ago. Chapman’s father was a member of the Midnight Brotherhood and his mother was a Lameira protector. Both of his parents were dead and he used his skills to kill for payment. Chapman was almost as cold as Coleman and that’s why he and Coleman worked well together.

“Have you detained our captives?” Coleman asked as he looked at his assistant.

“Not yet, sir,” Chapman replied.

“What do you mean, not yet? They should be here,” Coleman stated in a calm, serene tone of voice.

“Sir, we ran into a bit of a problem,” Chapman replied.

“Spit it out, man!” Coleman yelled, his British accent clipped.

“The girls and the Shiyans got away. In the process, they slaughtered all of our men,” Chapman stated.

“They killed 100 men?! How could that happen? They were some of the best we had!!! Most of them at sniper level…deadly in hand to hand combat!” Coleman exclaimed.

“Apparently, they weren’t our best if they didn’t survive. The few men that did survive died in route, but we did get some information from them before they succumbed to their deathly fate,” Chapman replied.

“Bloody hell! This is getting worse and worse. Do you realize that our employer is getting rather anxious? I had hoped to give him good news today, but I have to tell him once again that we have failed. Since we don’t have the girls, at least tell me that the information that you got out of those dead warriors of ours is worth your next breath. This information that you are about to give me better be worth its weight in gold, Chapman…or else,” Coleman replied to his assistant with narrow eyes.

A small smirk appeared from Chapman’s lips. “Oh, it is sir. It seems that the little friend, Sienna has powers. Possibly a Lameira Protector. She did lots of damage.”

Coleman smiled in spite of himself. That little fact made this Sienna girl more intriguing to him. “Well, that’s interesting.”

“Yes. She’s quite the little warrior,” Chapman stated as Coleman grinned.

“Really? Well, this is quite a development. Why would the girl have a Lameira Protector? Maybe there’s more to this Emory girl than meets the eye. Let’s try to find out everything we can on Nichols….,” Coleman began.

“We have everything,” Chapman stated. Coleman shook his head.

“No, there has to be something else…something we’re missing. There was no information about the girl’s mother. Let’s start there,” Coleman replied.

“Yes sir,” Chapman answered as he began to walk out of the door.

“And Chapman?” Coleman asked as Chapman turned towards him.

“Find something…or else,” Coleman threatened as Chapman nodded and walked out of the door.

"So, she's a Lameira, which means she's very strong...that's good. I love it when they fight back...right before I break them," Coleman replied, an evil grin spread across his face.

*********************************************************
Kieran and Reese brought Sienna and Emory to the Shiyan mansion upon Kieran’s father’s request. After Sienna and Emory settled into the rooms that they were given, Kieran, Reese and Angelo were summoned to meet with his father. Upon Emory’s arrival, her father hugged and kissed her like he didn’t want to let her go. Kieran sensed the love that the man had for Emory and vice versa.

At the meeting, Kieran and Reese both found out that it was Walter Julian that ordered the death of Dr. Matthew Nichols wife and was responsible for blowing up his lab, killing the majority of his staff and putting the hit out on Sienna and Emory. They were going to stay at the mansion until further notice and keep Sienna, Dr. Nichols and Emory under strict Shiyan protection.

After the meeting, Kieran decided to go and see Emory. He couldn’t get her off of his mind, and although he knew she was safe, he just had to see her. Kieran was passing the room that Emory was placed in when he saw her father walk out smiling.

“Good afternoon, Dr. Nichols,” Kieran replied.

“Good afternoon, young man. Thank you for protecting my daughter. Thank you for keeping her safe,” Dr. Nichols said.

“You’re welcome, sir. Emory did a lot of that on her own. I’m just glad we got to her and Sienna in time. I told you that no harm would come to her. I’m a man of my word,” Kieran replied as Dr. Nichols smiled at him.

“That you are. Well, if you’ll excuse me, I have to speak with your father,” Dr. Nichols replied as Kieran watched him walk away. Kieran knocked on Emory’s door and saw her open it without getting up. He smiled as he stood in the doorway.

“Using your powers to open doors, huh? I didn’t take you for the lazy type,” Kieran said teasingly.

Emory smiled over him after she wiped a few tears from her face. “I’m not, but you’ve had your whole life to get used to your gifts. I’m a little excited, so I’m playing around with it. Sue me.”

“You know I was just messing with you, right?” Kieran asked with a grin as he closed the door and walked into the room.

Emory wiped her face dry with the backs of her hands and said. “Yeah…I know.”

"So, have you settled in?" Kieran asked.

"As much as I can regarding the situation, you know. This is a beautiful house," she replied.

"It was my great grandfather's. Maybe later I can give you a real tour," Kieran stated as she sniffed.

"That would be nice. Thank you," Emory said.

"You're quite welcome," Kieran stated as he sat next to her on the chaise lounge that was in front of the window. His hand went to an errant strand of hair that had fallen in her face and he pushed it behind her right ear. He gently lifted her chin with his right hand and made her look up at him. She was so beautiful, he thought as he let himself get lost in her big, brown eyes. He sensed sadness and happiness from her, but he wanted to know what was bothering her.

“What’s wrong?” Kieran asked.

Emory was in a trance. The man was beautiful and his eyes…they were hypnotic. Emory told him about her father finding out about her mother being a Lameira Protector and knowing about her powers without clueing her in. She was angry at him, but she understood why he did it. He loved her and that was all she needed to know. She and her father had found their way back to each other through this drama and for that she was happy.

The next thing she knew, Kieran was holding her in his arms, softly caressing her back. Emory held onto him, enjoying the muscles that she felt through his t-shirt and his smell. Kieran comforted her and, didn’t want to let her go. She felt so good in his arms and he came to the conclusion that she belonged in them…not Tisa or any other woman. He was falling in love with Emory. How was he going to have her and still honor his duties? Well that was a whole other discussion that he didn't want to dwell on as he held her soft, warm body next to his. He read her thoughts and smiled. She had feelings for him as well…she hadn’t admitted love yet, but from what he sensed, she was falling, too.

Emory slowly pulled away and gazed into his eyes. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Anytime you need me…I’m here,” Kieran whispered as he stared into her eyes.

“Well…the same goes for me. I don’t know why I feel like I can tell you anything, but you listen to me and you really seem to care,” Emory whispered.

“I do care…more than you know,” Kieran replied.

“You make me feel so safe. I feel that nothing bad can happen if you’re near me,” Emory whispered.

“I’m glad you feel that way because I don’t want you to be afraid of anything…I’m not going to let anything happen to you, Emory. I promise,” Kieran whispered.

“I know. I can feel it. What’s happening between us, Kieran?” Emory asked as she watched him grin. The man was absolutely gorgeous and sexy, she thought as she stared into his eyes.

“I think you know the answer to that, but I’ll tell you what I feel. I can’t stop thinking about you,” Kieran said.

“Really?” Emory asked.

“Yes. You’ve been on my mind constantly. And when I’m not thinking about you, I’m thinking about the next time I’m going to see you or be in your presence,” he replied.

“I like being with you and I like how I feel when I’m with you. I’ve never experienced anything like this and at first I tried to fight it, but I can’t anymore. Emory…I’m falling in love with you,” he whispered.

“Wow,” Emory stated, taking in the gorgeous man who was still holding onto her as he laughed.

“That’s all you have to say is wow,” Kieran said.

“It’s just that…I didn’t expect any of this…,” Emory started.

“Neither did I. But, it’s happening and there’s no way I want it to stop. What about you? What do you feel? I mean, do you think this is a mistake?” Kieran asked, holding his breath.

Emory smiled slowly. “No, I don’t think that but I’m just amazed at how fast it happened. Everything just happened so fast. I mean first I’m a target for assassination, then I find out that I have supernatural powers, then I start to fall for you. It just wasn’t expected, but I’m glad it happened,” Emory responded as he sighed and placed his forehead against hers. Kieran was estatically happy to hear her say that, but he sensed something.

“I’m glad we got that out of the way. Don’t worry about any of that, sweetheart. I’m not going to lose you,” he whispered, reading her thoughts.

“You read me?” Emory asked.

Kieran grinned. “Of course I did. Want me to tell you what you thought?”

Emory laughed. “Go ahead.”

“I know I’m a full blood Shiyan, and you’re part Shiyan and Lameira, but we’ll get through this. You’re worried about me being banished. Even if I am expelled from my order, my clan…we’ll be together. I promise,” he whispered.

“I don’t want to ruin your life, Kieran. I know how much being a Shiyan Knight means to you. I don’t want to be the reason that’s all taken away,” Emory said.

“Before I met you, all I had was my duty. I wasn’t happy and I was fighting for others to live freely when I didn’t live at all. You make me want to live…you make me smile…you make me want more. I could never regret being with you. Whatever hand gets dealt, just know that I want this…I want you. God…do you have any idea how beautiful you are,” Kieran whispered as Emory blushed. He captured her face in his hands and Emory felt the most amazing warmth.

“Now you’re making me feel…,” Emory began but Kieran interrupted her.

“Special…beautiful. You’re not blocking, Emory…I can still read you,” Kieran stated as Emory grinned. Kieran stared at her gorgeous, full lips. He had never seen lips so lush, so beautiful. Kieran licked his lips lightly as his head leaned down toward her.

“Do you know what I’m thinking now?” Emory asked as she moved her face closer to his, inhaling his cologne, her fingers on the collar of his black button down shirt.

Kieran smiled as his lips stopped right in front of hers. “Yeah…you’re saying ‘I wish he would kiss me now.”

“Yeah…that’s right. So, what are you waiting…,” and the next thing Emory knew, Kieran’s soft lips were kissing hers, his hands cupping her face.

“Ummm,” Emory moaned as Kieran’s long, silky tongue began to play with hers, this lovely warmth coming from the tip of his tongue and onto hers. She had never felt anything like this before, she said to herself.

“Neither have I,” Kieran replied telepathically as Emory pulled him closer by putting her arms around his neck. Kieran loved the taste of her mouth and kissed her like he never kissed anyone before. Her lips were plump and full as he pulled her bottom lip into his mouth, slowly releasing it and smiling as Emory moaned her enjoyment. He could listen to that sound all day, he thought as he continued to devour her lips. During their kiss, Emory somehow ended up in Kieran’s lap and a few minutes after the kiss was over, they both looked at each other, staring into each other’s eyes, panting and trying to catch their breath.

“Whoa,” Emory replied as Kieran’s head touched hers.

“Whoa is right. Your lips are…beautiful...so soft, so sexy. And they taste so…ummm,” Kieran whispered as he leaned up and kissed her again, lightly running the tip of his tongue along her bottom lip.

“Yours…you…yeah…great…kisser…whoa,” Emory whispered as he laughed, running his thumb across the smooth, dark skin of her right cheek.

“I’ve been wanting that ever since I saw your picture…before we even met. I thought that you were the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen and your lips just beckoned me,” he whispered.

“I’ve been waiting…what took you so long?” Emory asked as he grinned.

“Timing…and I had things to work out,” Kieran replied as he pushed some of her dark, thick hair behind her right ear.

“Have you worked them out?” Emory asked as Kieran’s strong arms encircled her waist, holding her tightly, inhaling her tropical fruit scent that drove him crazy.

“Yeah…I have. And that confirmed it…you’re worth it. If I get banned, I want to be with you. I mean, I have an engineering degree that I never use…and besides, I can contract myself out to the government and still help people,” Kieran replied as he looked up into her eyes.

“Kieran, are you sure about this? I mean, what about your father and the council and marrying Tisa….” Emory began as she stared into his gorgeous face. Kieran placed a finger on her lips.

“I told you that I’m not marrying Tisa and no one is going to make me. I’ll just go to the council and my father when we’ve settled and tell them everything. Just remember to block your thoughts when you’re around other Shiyans until everything is out in the open…okay?” Kieran asked as she grinned, running her fingers through his thick, black hair.

“Okay. This feels so right, Kieran. In the midst of all this danger, and chaos, this feels so…”, she whispered.

“Incredible….I know,” he whispered as his eyes just took in her entire face. She was simply beautiful, he thought as she grinned.

“You're going to give me a big head, thinking I'm beautiful all the time," she whispered.

"That's because you are," Kieran stated.

"Well, thank you. I’m so glad that we’re on the same page,” she whispered as he leaned up and softly pecked her on the lips.

“So am I. Umm, baby, you’ve got to stop thinking those things. It was hard enough for me to stop and you’re thinking about that,” Kieran whispered as she smiled.

“Yeah…I felt how hard it was. Besides…you know that Lameira’s get stronger when they have sex, so you’d really be doing me a favor,” Emory whispered.

“And you know I want to help you in any way possible and…baby, we’ve got to stop this because I really can’t do what we both want right now,” Kieran replied as he licked his lips.

“Sorry. It’s just that…,” she whispered.

Kieran smiled at her. “Don’t be sorry…please don’t be sorry. You have know idea…”

”Yes I do and by the way? You’re a very dirty man, Mr. Villegas,” Emory replied.

”That’s just a preview and besides, it’s been awhile. Believe me, I want you as much as you want me, but right now…,” Kieran began.

“…I know, I know,” Emory whispered as they kissed again. Kieran pulled away from her after the kiss.

“So, with that being said, I have another meeting to attend with Marina, Daren, Angelo and Reese. Why don’t you get some rest and I’ll try to come by later,” Kieran said as he gently stood up and placed her back on the chaise lounge, leaning over with either arms on side of her.

“You promise?” Emory asked, her full lips in a sexy pout.

Kieran leaned down and kissed her on the forehead, then on her lips. “Yes. I’ll see you later, beautiful,” he replied as he pulled up and away from her, a smile on his face as he walked out of her room.

Emory fell back on the chaise lounge and sighed, thinking about her father and Kieran and his kisses. She had never been happier in her life.

********************************************************

Reese met up with Kieran in his room before the meeting and found his friend whistling and smiling.

Reese closed the door and grinned. “Whistling and smiling…I’ve never seen this before. What or should I say who’s gotten you in such a good mood?”

“Emory…I’m falling for her and she feels the same way and those lips and that kiss…,” Kieran replied.

“Wait a minute…what kiss?” Reese asked as Kieran told him about the time he spent in Emory’s room. Reese smiled.

“You’re happy, aren’t you?” Reese asked.

Kieran grinned. “Yes…I am. As soon as things calm down around here, I’m going to speak with the council and my father. Whatever happens…happens. But, I’m not giving her up…no matter what.”

Reese said, “So, I’m not going to be the only rebel around here, huh?”

“No…not hardly. Compared to what I’m about to drop on them, your past discretions are going to ready you for sainthood around here,” Kieran replied as Reese laughed.

“Right. So, Kieran…are you sure about all of this?” Reese asked.

“You know me…when I make up my mind, that’s it,” Kieran said as they walked to his door.

“Well, if that’s the case…whatever you do, I’ve got your back…remember that,” Reese stated.

“I will…thanks man,” Kieran replied as they walked out of the room.
Chapter 9 by Chaynetv
Chapter 9

A few weeks later...

Tisa Lesarago knew that Kieran would be in the gym working out. The man kept a very tight schedule. She hadn’t been able to get him alone in the last few weeks that he had been back at the mansion and everytime she approached him, he was on his way to a meeting or going to check on his charge. His charge…

She didn’t personally have anything against the girl, but she had something against the fact that she was beautiful and Kieran’s damsel in distress and that didn’t sit right with her. Tisa decided to find a time to get Kieran all to herself and she figured that if she went to workout at the same time, then she would get some alone time with him and he couldn’t run away.

Her future husband was everything that she wanted. Ever since she was 12 years old she had been in love with Kieran Villegas. He came from one of the most powerful Shiyan families and he was one of the greatest Knights. Add to that his gracious loyalty and his looks (the man was gorgeous as sin) and you have the most sought after mate within the clan besides Reese…and he was hers. Whether he liked it or not.

Of course she knew that he had no interest in marrying her and it was widely known that Kieran was at odds with the laws regarding mandatory marriage, but he was loyal and obeyed all laws, which meant he had no choice and she was glad of that fact.

She didn’t understand why Kieran wasn’t attracted to her…every other male Shiyan was. She was 5’8, dark brown hair, green eyes, with a model’s body. She was beautiful and she knew it and it completely did something to her that Kieran did not want her the way that she wanted him.

But he would…she would make sure of that.

Tisa took a deep breath, ran her hands over her sleek, long, dark ponytail and walked into the gym wearing the skimpiest, black lycra shorts and sports bra that she could find. Her mouth watered at the sight of Kieran, dressed only in black workout shorts and sneakers, shirtless, using the lever machine. His chiseled, tan chest, cut abs, muscular arms and broad shoulders were all on display for her, covered by a light sheen of sweat. He looked absolutely edible and she wanted to take a bite. Reese was with him as usual, dressed the same way, but he had no affect whatsoever on Tisa. Kieran was her only interest at that moment and she would do whatever she had to in order to be his.

Kieran sensed her before he saw her…Tisa. What in the world was she doing here at 6am?

Reese blocked his thoughts from Tisa and spoke to Kieran telepathically. “There goes wifey and she’s dressed kind of skanky for you, too. Personally I don’t mind the look, but I can see her pussy lips through those shorts and her nipples through that skimpy sports bra. If I can see them, then she definitely wants you to see them. Why not just partake since she’s obviously handing it to you?”

“Because I don’t want her. If I sleep with her, I’ll never get rid of her,” Kieran replied as Reese smiled.

“Aren’t we the cocky one?” Reese asked.

“I’m not cocky…I just know that I’m well skilled in that area. I’m a Diagrave Shiyan. I do all things well and that includes sex. I know if we ever were in that situation, she would just want more, and since I’ve done a great job thus far of avoiding the temptation that is Tisa Lesarago, I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been doing and that’s avoiding the shit out of her. I’m not marrying her and that’s that,” Kieran replied telepathically as he saw her saunter up dressed just as Reese had said and get on the elliptical machine directly across from the weights in which he and Reese were working out on.

“That’s not what she thinks, and she’s not blocking her thoughts. Tisa’s got some pretty freaky things she wants you to do to her and vice versa, buddy…” Reese began but was interrupted by Kieran.

“I can hear them too, Reese and trust me…she won’t be getting any of those things done to her by me. Would you chill out and let me concentrate on my workout? Ignoring her sometimes works,” Kieran replied through his mind back at his friend.

“Well, with that strategically placed tramps-r-us workout outfit that she has on, ignoring her is going to be a problem and that’s exactly what she wants,” Reese replied back as he pulled the weights with his arms.

“Good morning, Reese. Good morning, Kieran. How are you today?” Tisa asked.

“We’re fine, but you…you look like you’re in a giving mood today…,” Reese began but Kieran shot him a look and continued to work out.

“What he meant to say was good morning and you’re up early. We never see anyone besides the two of us at this time of the day. What are you doing here?” Kieran inquired.

Tisa grinned at him as she walked on the elliptical machine, her firm breasts bouncing up and down. He was a man, so he looked and he couldn’t deny it. She was a beautiful woman, very desirable…but not his type.

“I usually rise early to meditate and to do weapons training, but I decided to change it up a bit and workout first. I thought I would be here alone, but this was a pleasant surprise. I haven’t seen that much of you lately and seeing you this morning just made my day,” Tisa said with a lovely smile on her face, blocking her thoughts.

Reese smiled at his friend as he lifted barbells and Kieran shot him a look. Kieran didn’t know what to say to her and he definitely did not want to encourage her, so he said, “So, how long do you workout, Tisa?”

Tisa continued to smile. “An hour...sometimes an hour and a half…6 days a week. I have to keep this body in shape and I think I’m doing a bang up job so far, wouldn’t you agree Kieran?”

Kieran replied, “Yes, Tisa…you’re definitely fit.”

Tisa laughed as she continued to workout. “Why thank you, Kieran. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.”

Reese passed a look at Kieran and they all worked out for the next 30 minutes, Tisa always managing to catch Kieran’s eyes. Kieran would look away and continue with what he was doing. He didn’t want to hurt Tisa, but she just wasn’t the one he wanted. He was careful to block his thoughts and as they were leaving, Tisa stepped in front of him.

“Leaving so soon?” Tisa asked.

Reese smiled and walked away, reminding Kieran to kill him later. “Yes, we were here at 5:45. We went a lot longer than expected. I hope you enjoy the rest of your workout, Tisa. I’ll see you later.”

Tisa stepped in front of him and put her hand on his chest, using her strength to keep him right in front of her. “Kieran, you can’t keep doing this.”

Kieran folded his arms across his chest and looked into her eyes. “Doing what?”

“Avoiding me. Don’t think that I haven’t noticed it. Whenever we are in a room together, you leave or when I approach you, you keep our encounters brief and you walk away. You never call on me. You’ve never asked me out on a date, and not once have you kissed me. The few times that we have kissed, I’ve initiated it. That’s not the way you treat your bride to be, Kieran. So I was wondering that maybe this evening we could start anew…have a little one on one time…just you and me. We need to start getting to know each other if we’re going to spend the rest of our lives together and tonight is just the beginning,” Tisa replied, licking her lips, pulling Kieran closer to her. Kieran stepped away and gently took her hands off of his chest.

“Tisa…we’re not getting married,” Kieran began.

Tisa looked at him and just smiled. “Of course we are…in a year. It’s mandated and recorded. It’s meant to be.”

Kieran hated to hurt her, but he was tired of this. “No, it’s not. Tisa, you’re a beautiful girl, but I don’t feel the same way about you that you feel about me. I’ve already began to search the laws and if I find a suitable bride, then I don’t have to marry you and Tisa…I can’t marry you. I won’t marry you…not if I don’t feel anything towards you.” Kieran walked away from her but she caught up to him and pulled him by the arm to face her. He forgot how strong she was.

Kieran fiercely blocked his thoughts as Tisa tried to get into his head, but he was stronger than her. It wasn’t going to happen. “What do you mean, like replacing me with the someone you really want to marry? You already have someone in mind, don’t you? Who is it? I know she has to be a Shiyan, of that I’m certain. I wonder who it is. Maybe it’s Bella Camara. She always had a thing for you. Or is it Grace Lineras? Hmmm…I wonder. Don’t worry your gorgeous head about it, I’ll find out and this will not go down. I’m your intended and that’s how it’s going to stay!!!! I will not let you disgrace me this way!! If you won’t be with me, I’ll make damn sure that you’re not with the one that you want! Good day, Kieran,” Tisa replied as she sauntered off angrily.

Kieran wiped his hand across his face as a deep sigh escaped his lips. “Yeah…that went real good. Fan-fuckin-tastic, Kieran.”

*********************************************************

“Umm…that was incredible,” Sienna replied as she rolled over on top of Reese on the bed in the bedroom of the secluded pool house away from the mansion. Sienna laid her sweaty face against his sweaty chest, loving the closeness and listening to his heartbeat. Reese ran his hand slowly through her hair with a satisfied grin on his face .

“You don’t have to tell me. I was here for it…both times,” Reese replied as he felt Sienna’s lips widen into a smile across his bare chest. Sienna kissed his chest softly and sighed.

“Well, it was more than twice for me, but I guess I shouldn’t be playing tit for tat right?” Sienna asked as Reese laughed lowly and kissed her on top of her head.

“No, because I only came twice. It’s so not fair, rubbing your multiples in my face,” Reese said as Sienna laughed.

“It’s a dirty job and I love to do it,” Sienna stated as she bit him lightly on his chest. “Besides, you know how I am after I…?”

“Cum? Yeah…you get a little extra chipper when you cum. See, I noticed…trust me,” Reese replied as Sienna looked over at her watch.

“Oh shit! I’ve got to do sparring with Emory in 20 minutes,” Sienna replied as she stood up and began to put her underwear on. When she pulled her jeans up, Reese moved his fingers and the jeans zippened and buttoned. When she pulled her pale blue button down on, Reese moved his fingers and buttoned her shirt.

Sienna smiled at him, then leaned over and kissed him. “Thank you.”

“No problem, baby. I gotta get going too, but do you want to meet me later on tonight…same place, around midnight?” Reese asked and was fully dressed in minutes. He pulled Sienna to him with his fingers, then wrapped his arms around her waist, looking down into her eyes. He didn’t know what it was about this girl, but he couldn’t get enough for her. He really liked her. Hell, it was more than like if he admitted it to himself.

“We should be careful, Reese. I’m sure that your Shiyan elders don’t want you running around with a Lameira Protector…no matter how cute she is,” Sienna said as Reese laughed, kissing her softly on the lips.

“No, but I’m not the one who the head job is marked for, so you don’t have to worry about that,” Reese replied as Sienna looked up at him with those beautiful brown eyes of hers.

“What if we get caught? I don’t want to cause any trouble,” Sienna replied as Reese kissed her on the forehead.

“You don’t? And just think, I thought you were trouble from the moment I laid eyes on you. Now, I’m disappointed because I love trouble,” Reese stated with a sexy grin.

“Come on…I’m serious,” Sienna replied as he pulled her closer.

“Okay, okay. You can just cast another cloaking spell and hell, if they find out, they find out. I’ve never been a stickler for the rules anyway. Besides, you’re worth breaking a few over,” Reese replied as they stared at each other. Then, Sienna narrowed her eyes at Reese and pulled out of his arms.

“Alright Reese. What’s going on here?” Sienna asked.

Reese graced her with that wonderful smile that made her want him again and again and stated, “What do you mean by that, sexy?”

“Why do I have the feeling that you want more than sex from me?” Sienna asked as she felt Reese pulling her back towards him with his powers.

“I have to admit, I’ve never been in this situation before. I’ve never just been with women who just wanted sex. Usually they fall for me and want more and more ain’t my thing,” Reese said as the back of his hand caressed her cheek. Sienna sighed, loving the way that he touched her. Sienna leaned into the caress, her eyes locked onto his.

“Good, because we can’t afford to want more,” Sienna whispered.

“I don’t think that’s true. I know I said wanting more wasn’t my thing, but that’s all changed thanks to you,” Reese replied grinning as Sienna tried to pull away from him, but her efforts were futile.

“I knew it! I knew it! You’re falling for me, aren’t you?” Sienna asked.

Reese laughed. “Yep. So, what’s the problem?”

Sienna looked at him like he was crazy. “The problem? Was the sex so good that you’ve lost all your mind?”

Reese smiled at her. “Baby, it’s always that good. What’s your point?”

“The point is, I’m a Lameira Protector, you’re a Shiyan. And besides all that, we agreed that we wouldn’t get too deep with this because of what we do. We can’t afford to,” Sienna replied.

Reese cocked his head slightly to the right and stared at her. “Sienna, I know what you are…and I’m not the most law abiding Shiyan. It wouldn’t matter. Besides, I’ve been looking for a reason to get expelled anyway. The only reason I’ve stayed as long as I have is because of Kieran and seeing that he may be out the door before me, I might as well. Now give me a kiss, gorgeous.”

Sienna just shook her head. “You can’t be serious. Unlike you, I happen to like what I do and you agreed that we would just bump pelvises. We agreed that it would be a lot easier that way.”

“I do like what I do. I like helping people and fighting the good fight. I just think the rules are ridiculous and I wanted you so I agreed to whatever you said. I said whatever you want, remember? So what’s the big deal, Trouble? Why can’t you just let this happen? What are you afraid of?” Reese asked.

“I’m not afraid of anything. It’s easier to do things on a physical level without feelings and emotions getting involved. The physical is fun, a release. The feelings, the emotions…they make you vulnerable, weak, clouds your judgment. You get hurt when you invest too much of yourself. I don’t want to be that girl. I can’t be that girl,” Sienna replied as Reese stared into her eyes. His fingers were making slow circles on the small of her back and she felt that warmth from his touch once more.

“You think that I’m going to hurt you? Sienna, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but I know that I couldn’t hurt you if I tried. Besides, you’d kick my ass. I just…well, I feel things when we make love, I feel things when I see you, when I’m with you…and I just want to see where it leads. Aren’t you the least bit curious, too?” Reese asked as Sienna sighed. She didn’t want to admit that she was getting herself in too deep in regards to her feelings towards him, but it couldn’t be ignored.

“I guess I am. Look, we really can’t do anything right now, but maybe after this whole situation is closed, maybe…just maybe…okay, I’ve got to go now. Em’s waiting on me,” Sienna replied as he grinned at her.

“Okay, I’m gonna let you go, but this ain’t over. You’re not going to make this easy, huh? That’s cool. I don’t like things that come too easily. I’ll wait. It’ll be worth it,” Reese replied.

“Whatever. I’ll see you…,” and Sienna was interrupted by Reese’s lips fusing with hers slowly. Sienna moaned and pulled him closer by his t-shirt as his tongue stroked hers, savoring the feel of his soft lips on hers. His hands were in her hair, holding her closely so that he could keep her lips cemented to his. When the kiss was over, they both were breathing heavily. Sienna hit him on his chest with her hands twice, then walked completely away from him and out the door. Reese watched her depart and took deep breaths to regain his composure. He waited five minutes after she left, then he was out the door, grinning from ear to ear.

*********************************************************

A few hours later, Emory was in one of the meditation rooms practicing levitating. The room was warm and inviting and gave Emory just the right atmosphere to concentrate in. She had been practicing for a few hours now when she felt a presence in the room. She turned around and saw Kieran leaning against the wall, his gaze fixed on her. Emory smiled at him as she placed the items that she was using for practice back where they belonged and turned around once more to face him.

“Hi. I didn’t hear you come in,” she said.

“You weren’t supposed to. What kind of Shiyan Knight would I be if I didn’t know how to sneak into places?” Kieran asked as he grinned.

Emory laughed as she walked towards where he was standing. “How long have you been there?”

“A good 15 minutes. You were totally engrossed in what you were doing and sometimes, that’s not good. You have to stop concentrating so much on one task and learn to do more than one thing at a time,” Kieran replied as he reached out to hold her hands, intertwining them with his as he pulled her closer to him.

Emory loved the way he lectured her while glancing into her eyes. He was saying one thing, but those beautiful eyes of his said something else.

“I’m trying,” Emory replied as she looked up at him, a small pout on her pretty, full lips.

Kieran laughed lowly. “I know you are, sweetheart and you’re doing a good job. I’ve never seen anyone learn to use their abilities in such a short time as you have. I’m just being a hard ass.”

“I know it comes from a good place, so it’s cool. Kieran, are you sure we’re not going to get caught? Someone could want to use this room and see…,” Emory began but Kieran’s lips silenced her. He gave her a soft, slow peck on the lips, then pulled away to look down into her eyes.

“No one knows we’re here. That door is solid wood and no one here has x-ray vision. Besides…I locked the door,” Kieran said with a devilish grin.

Emory laughed. “You locked the door, huh?”

“Yep. I didn’t want anyone to disturb the little time I have with you and if anyone came in, I could just say I was giving you levitation lessons. But, seriously, I missed you today…all day,” Kieran replied and Emory melted.

“I missed you, too,” Emory replied as she gently pried one of her hands away from his to stroke his face. Kieran closed his eyes and moved his lips towards the palm of her hand, kissing it.

“After the day I had, I had to see you. Just being here right now with you is helping me with all of the bullshit that went down today,” Kieran replied with as sigh as he leaned his forehead against hers. Emory kissed his right cheek softly, then his lips. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. Emory leaned into him, taking in his smell and his strength. She could feel how tense he was.

“What happened? Tell me,” Emory whispered and he told her about what happened with Tisa and the fact that the council found a new safe house to move her and Sienna to because they feared that the renegade Shiyans told the Midnight Brotherhood about the protocol of coming back to the compound after an infiltration.

“Where are we going?” Emory asked.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you, baby…for your safety, I can’t. The less you know, the better. The only people that know of this location is myself, my father, and Reese’s father. It’s a new one and they want to make sure that no one finds you and Sienna,” Kieran replied.

“What about my father? Is he coming too?” Emory asked.

“No. We have to keep you split up. But, trust me, he’s going to be safe. Just like you’re going to be. I’m not going to let anything happen to you, Emory. You do believe me, don’t you?” Kieran asked as one of his hands cradled her face, his thumb running along the silky soft, dark brown skin of her cheek.

“Yes, I do. I just want this all to be over with,” she whispered.

“I know…me too,” Kieran whispered back, kissing her softly on the lips. Emory felt that warmth from his lips travel through hers, then through her entire body. It felt delicious and she wanted nothing more than to let him have his way with her, but she knew that wouldn’t happen in the Shiyan compound, so she dismissed those thoughts and saw Kieran smile sexily at her.

“Don’t worry baby…it’ll happen and when it does, you won’t be sorry. Trying something like that here is dangerous. I don’t see how Sienna and Reese haven’t gotten caught yet,” Kieran replied as she sighed.

“I just want to be with you so bad. I don’t know why. I can’t explain it, but I need you,” Emory whispered as her lips drifted along his jawline, making Kieran groan.

“I think you can feel how bad I want to be with you, but it’s not the right place, Emory. It’ll be sooner than you think, trust me. I don’t know how long I can last,” Kieran whispered as Emory peppered small kisses along his jawline and neck, making him groan again.

Emory removed her lips to look up into his eyes. “I’m glad I’m not the only one suffering.”

Kieran laughed. “No, you’re not alone. Cold showers hardly help anymore. So I feel your pain, believe me.”

Emory smiled. “Good. Not good that you are suffering, but you know.”

Kieran kissed her once more on the lips, then on her forehead. “Yeah, I know.”

“Have you spoken with your father…about us?” Emory asked.

“I was going to before we left,” Kieran replied.

“When are we leaving?” Emory asked.

“In three days…at midnight. It’s better to travel under the cloak of darkness,” Kieran replied as his locator went off. He groaned as he looked down at his hip and glanced at it. It was his father.

“Always at the wrong time. I’ve gotta go, but I’ll try to come and say goodnight to you,” Kieran whispered as his hands cradled her face.

“Okay. Go,” Emory replied as Kieran leaned down and pulled her face up towards his. Emory and Kieran’s lips met each others and what started as a sweet kiss ended up being hot and passionate. Kieran pulled his lips away from hers and kissed her neck, speaking to her telepathically.

“Soon, Em,” he said.

“Do you promise because these kisses are making things worse,” Emory replied in her mind as he laughed.

“Yes. But I’ve got to go, baby. I don’t want to, but…I”ll see you later, alright?” he asked as she nodded yes. Kieran pulled away gently from her, then swooped down and gave her a soft, lingering peck on the lips. He walked away and turned around to gaze at her running her fingers along her lips. Kieran licked the taste of her lips from his and walked out of the room. Emory pulled a chair towards her with her mind and dropped into it, not knowing how she was going to continue to practice after that.

Kieran shrugged his shoulders and mentally put himself back together. His thoughts strayed for a moment to Emory and her face and her lips and then he quickly blocked her from his mind. He walked towards his father’s office quickly, not realizing that someone had been watching him and reading his thoughts.

“Well, this is a very interesting development, Kieran. You're usually good at blocking and being unreadable, but I got you...for a few seconds, I got you. So she's the reason that you can't marry me, huh? You’re in love with your little mixed breed charge. I knew there was something about her that I didn't like. I wonder how your father and the council will feel when they find out that their golden boy is breaking all the rules with that unpure little tramp. I can’t wait to be the one to tell them and watch as the proverbial shit hits the fan. This is going to be fun,” Tisa replied to herself, grinning from ear to ear. She couldn’t wait to hurt Kieran as much as he hurt her, thinking of how she was going to break this bit of news to the council.
Chapter 10 by Chaynetv
Chapter 10

The next day...

“Are you certain that it’s the girls that we are looking for?” Chapman asked the voice over the phone.

“Of course I am. They’ll be traveling in two days along the Samstone Corridor. They’re leaving the compound at midnight. I don’t know where their destination is, but I know that they’ll be driving along that long stretch of road for some time. That would be a good time to capture the women, if you can,” the voice replied.

Chapman smiled as the wheels in his head began to spin. “You really have come through for me this time. Thanks. The money is being sent to your account right now.”

The voice of Chapman’s informant smiled. “No problem. Always good to do business with you. Good luck. Oh and one more thing?”

“Yes?” Chapman asked.

“Make them suffer…slowly, if you can,” the informant replied.

Chapman smiled into the phone and slowly said, “It’s what I do. Goodbye.”Chapman heard the click of the phone and hung up the phone receiver in his hand. He decided he wouldn’t tell Coleman until he assembled the best team that he could to retrieve the two women.

Things were beginning to look up for them after all, he thought as his mouth stretched into a wide grin.

*************************************************************************

Kieran had just finished sparring with Evan Molleno, a fifteen year old Diagrave Shiyan Knight that he has been training since he was 8 years old in one of the practice rooms in the compound.

“You’re getting better and better, Evan. Just remember to keep your guard up high on your right, okay and never hesitate, not even for a minute, when you are engaged in combat with your sword. You got it?” Kieran asked as Evan nodded.

“Yes, Kieran. Be safe and good luck on your mission,” Evan replied as the younger man shook Kieran’s hand.

“I will and thank you, Evan. Tell your brother hello for me when you speak to him again,” Kieran replied.

Evan smiled. “I will. Later, Kieran.”

Kieran watched Evan walk out of the room, remembering when he was that age. All he wanted to do was be a dutiful Shiyan Knight and couldn’t wait to be sent on a mission, to help people, to help keep peace throughout the world.

Now all he wanted was for this mission to be completed so that he could be with Emory without the threat of death over her head and love her the way that he wanted to, the way that she deserved to be loved. He hated the fact that he had to pursue her under the present circumstances, but it couldn’t be helped.

Emory and their last encounter, which was right before she went to bed last night was now the focus of his attention. No one was in the room and he could think about her without the threat of someone reading his thoughts. Her silky, dark brown skin, her lips, her scent and her taste were forged in his memory as he thought of the next few days away from the compound. He could feel someone entering the room and he immediately blocked his thoughts as he watched Sienna walk in.

“Hi, I was told that you were here. Can we talk?” Sienna asked as she walked towards the gorgeous, tall, dark haired Shiyan Knight.

“Sure. Is it about where we’re going because I’m sure Reese has informed you that we can’t tell you. It’s for your own safety,” Kieran replied as Sienna sighed.

“I know about that, but that’s not what this is about. I’m here to talk to you about Emory,” Sienna replied as she watched Kieran cross his tan, strong, muscular bare arms across his chest.

“Sienna, if this is to warn me about hurting her, you needn’t bother. I couldn’t hurt her if I wanted to. I love her,” Kieran stated softly but surely as Sienna looked him in the eye.

“Really? Kieran, Em’s been through so much and I don’t want a fling with you to add to more of that. Besides, your council will not allow you to be with Emory and your duty is always above all else, according to your laws,” Sienna stated as Kieran’s blue eyes bore into Sienna’s brown ones, with the intent of intimidation. However, the tactic didn’t work. Any other woman would have backed down, but Kieran knew in that instant that Sienna was very strong and not a woman that he wanted to tangle with. He gained a multitude of respect for Sienna from that single moment.

“Well, I’ve given this a lot of thought and whether the council allows me to be with Emory or not, laws be damned, we will be together. I can’t lose her because of something that’s so trivial…I won’t lose her. Sienna, the only thing that I want is for her to be safe and happy. The safety is something that I am definitely working on at this very moment, but the happiness is something that I want her to have for a very long time. I won’t let anything, not even my laws dictate otherwise,” Kieran replied so soundly and sincerely that Sienna smiled inside. She couldn’t show him that, so she kept her stoic stance and continued to speak.

“So you’re willing to give up your succession and be shunned from your people for Emory?” Sienna asked.

“Yes. I would give my life for her. That’s how much she means to me,” Kieran said softly and in that moment Sienna knew that he really loved her friend.

“Very well. I give you my blessings, but if you hurt her, I will hurt you. Do we have an understanding?” Sienna asked as Kieran nodded his head at her.

“I understand,” Kieran replied. He sensed that Sienna wanted something else, but she had become a master blocker and he couldn’t read her thoughts.

“Sienna…is there something else on your mind?” Kieran asked.

“Kieran, I believe that you truly love Emory and I say this because I feel, no I know that you will protect her. If anything happens to me, will you make sure that Emory is safe…that she continues with her training…that she’s protected and taken care of?” Sienna asked as Kieran looked at her.

“Sienna…,”

“As you know, Em has no other family. She only has her father and myself. She’s my charge, Kieran…my responsibility. Not only that, but she’s my best friend, whom I love with all of my heart. She’s the sister I never had and I want to know that if I’m not here and you know things happen all the time, you will do what you can to keep her from harm. Can you give me your word on that?” Sienna asked.

Kieran nodded in agreement as he said, “Yes. I will take care of her and protect her…on my life, you have my word.” Kieran put his right hand out to shake Sienna’s.

Sienna smiled at him and shook his offered hand, then said, “Good. Thank you.”

“I love her. It’s what I’m supposed to do,” Kieran replied as Sienna nodded and smiled once more as they heard the door opening. It was Reese and he wasn’t smiling, which was unusual. He closed the door to make sure know one else followed behind him.

“Hey babe,” Reese replied to Sienna as he leaned down and gave her a small kiss on the lips, then he looked at Kieran.

“Hey,” she replied. Kieran read Reese’s thoughts and cursed silently to himself.

“Hey, Reese…when?” Kieran asked as Reese’s hand went to the small of Sienna’s back.

“Right now. They sent me to get you. They’re in the council chamber. Your mother is there, Dr. Nichols, your father, the council. And they’re not pleased…at all,” Reese replied as Kieran ran a hand over his face.

“How did they find out?” Kieran asked.

“From your ex betrothed Tisa…who else,” Reese replied.

“Of course. Maybe I wasn’t so careful in blocking my thoughts. That’s the only thing that I can think of. No matter. I’m well prepared with my arguments and if they don’t approve, then I’m prepared for exile,” Kieran stated confidently.

“Well, you know if you go, I go. Are you sure about this?” Reese asked, running his hand in small circles along the small of Sienna’s back.

“You know me, Reese. Once my mind is made up, there’s no turning back or changing,” Kieran replied.

“Yeah, I know,” Reese replied.

“Are Robert and Emilio still guarding Emory?” Kieran asked.

“Yes. They’ve been alerted in regards to Tisa. Plus, they were two of your favorite students years ago. They’re not going to let Tisa anywhere near Emory,” Reese replied.

“Good. Make sure that they’re doing what they’re supposed to, Reese,” Kieran said as he began to walk to the door.

“I’m on it. Good luck, dude,” Reese replied as Kieran walked out of the room.

“Yeah, thanks,” he replied as he headed to the council chamber, to fight for his love, for his life…to fight for Emory.

************************************************************************

Kieran could feel the tension as soon as he approached the Council Chamber’s huge mahogany double doors. Kieran took a deep breath and opened the door, and looked around the room and saw a sea of faces washed in what he assumed was disappointment. Kieran walked to the middle of the room, standing tall and regal, with his arms behind his back.

“Sir, you wanted to see me?” Kieran asked.

“Kieran, this is an outrage! What have you done?!” Vincent Villegas asked of his eldest son.

“Father….” Kieran asked but was interrupted by Dr. Nichols

“Your job was to protect her, that’s all. Did you put your hands on my baby girl?” Dr. Nichols asked angrily.

“Dr. Nichols, I’ve done my job. That’s all. I haven’t done anything to Emory. The only thing that I did was care about your daughter. I have feelings for her and I’m not ashamed of that. Father, if you’d just calm down and let me explain…,” Kieran began.

“Calm down! You are my heir apparent and you know the laws! You must marry a full Shiyan in order to lead and that’s that! Tisa Lesarago was devastated when you told her you didn’t want to marry her and her parents are outraged! The Lesarago are loyal and law abiding Shiyan Knights and your words to your betrothed was a slap in the face! Not to mention, Matthew is one of my oldest friends. He trusted you with his daughter’s life based on my word and your word and you’ve compromised that! What do you have to say for yourself?” Vincent Villegas asked as the entire council and his mother looked upon him.

“The only thing I can say is that I’m not sorry for being honest with Tisa and I love Emory Nichols. Dr. Nichols, I would never do anything to disrespect your daughter. I love her, sir. I want to be with Emory, not Tisa and that’s final,” Kieran replied calmly.

“What is this really about, Kieran? You’ve never lied to me before and I hope you’re not lying to me now. Have you been inappropriate with your charge? His father asked.

“Did you do something to my daughter? Is she pregnant?” Dr. Nichols asked.

Kieran shook his head. “I have not done anything to disgrace her or myself, father. I would never do that to Emory. I have too much respect and love for her. So to answer your question, Dr. Nichols and father, no I have not been inappropriate with her and no she’s not pregnant. Are you satisfied?”

“Kieran, this is a very precarious situation that you’ve placed me in. You do realize that if you push this issue, you will be stripped of your title and exiled from the order,” Vincent Villegas stated.

“Yes, I know and if that’s what has to happen, so be it,” Kieran said, holding his head high, his tall frame erect.

“So you would give up your duty, your obligation to your people to be with Emory?” Vincent Villegas asked.

“Without question, yes. She has Shiyan blood, father. That should allow me the freedom to be with her, even marry her. I can still do my duty and be in love. Loving her would make what I do even more meaningful. All this love clouds judgment talk is nonsense to me. I know what I pledged and swore to do…to protect the innocent, keep the peace, and be a guardian to the world. Why can’t I be with the woman I love and keep that pledge? Father, some of the laws are so antiquated and outdated…,’ Kieran replied before his father interrupted him.

“The laws are what binds us to our duty! The laws are what differentiate us from others! You are a full blooded, Diagrave Shiyan Knight! You are required by law to marry a full-blooded Shiyan female, Kieran!” Vincent yelled at his son. Kieran, he noticed, kept his calm resolve. He had always been proud of his son, a strong, powerful, Shiyan he was. But Kieran could also be as stubborn as a mule and he knew he was to blame for that trait which Kieran was proudly displaying at the moment.

Kieran decided to pull out a few pieces of paper at that moment. “You keep saying that I have to marry a full blood to keep from being expelled from the order. According to my research from the archives, that’s not true.”

“What are you talking about?” His father asked.

“In 1742, Paulo Discernia, who happened to be a Diagrave Shiyan Knight married Leonora Billingsley, who was half Samurai and half Shiyan. He was not expelled from the order. Also, in 1898, Jacob Myers, a Lemberti Shiyan married Angela Francis, who was Shiyan and Lameira. He was not exiled and continued his service until he died,” Kieran replied as he handed the papers to his father from the archives. Vincent Villegas looked at the papers and saw their authenticity. He had not heard of either of these marriages, only hearing of the exiled Shiyans who married outside of the order.

Vincent read over the paperwork and sighed. He looked at his son and said, “Kieran the council and I have to discuss this further. You may leave.”

Kieran nodded to his father, then the council and left the chamber. He could feel the eyes of other Shiyan Knights on him, but he couldn’t read their thoughts. He didn’t need to. The look on their faces said enough.

Kieran took a deep breath as he saw Reese walk towards him.

“Did you give them the blast in the past stuff?” Reese asked.

“Why do you think I’ve been dismissed? They’re probably in their now making sure that it’s valid. By the way, thanks for helping with that,” Kieran replied.

“No problem. I take it you’re going to see Emory now,” Reese said with a knowing grin on his face.

“The cat’s out of the bag now and I haven't laid eyes on my woman all day, so I’ll see you later,” Kieran replied as he walked to Emory’s room.

*************************************************************************

Emory paced back and forth in her room. She didn’t mean for any of this to happen. She didn’t want to be the cause of Kieran’s troubles because of their feelings for one another and here she was the main reason. She bit her bottom lip and heard her door open. Kieran walked in and closed the door and made a beeline for her, stopping her pacing. He was so gorgeous, she thought as she took in the grey polo that he was wearing with black jeans.

“Hey. Are you okay? I was so worried about….,” but she was cut off by Kieran grabbing the back of her head with one hand and cradling her face with the other, planting a kiss that was so passionate on her lips that she forgot what she was saying. Emory moaned into his mouth as her tongue met his, licking the taste of him into her mouth.

Kieran groaned and pulled her closer to him, loving the way her soft curves felt against him. Her fingers were in the hair on his nape, pulling him closer to her. They kissed like that for a few minutes and then separated. Kieran’s forehead fell against hers as she closed her eyes, trying to catch her breath. Kieran stared at her beautiful face and tried to calm himself after the electrifying kiss.

“I guess you’re okay then,” Emory said as she looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

Kieran smiled at her and placed a kiss on her lips. “I’m better than okay. I’m in love with the most beautiful girl in the world. I’m fuckin’ fantastic, actually.”

Emory grinned shyly as she stared up into his beautiful face. “I’m glad to hear that. I missed you today.”

Kieran kissed her once more on the lips as the back of his hand stroked her cheek. “I missed you too, sweetheart. You’ve been on my mind all day. How have you been today?”

“Busy. Training, training and more training. Between Sienna and your sister Marina, I don’t know how I’m still standing. Marina’s so powerful and she’s been nothing but kind to me. I wish I could say the same for others,” Emory said as her head dropped slightly as she enjoyed the feeling of his hand lovingly caressing her face.

“Well, Marina likes you and what’s been going on besides that, Em?” He asked, his brow furrowed with concern.

“The looks and the whispers about me being a half breed, that’s all,” Emory replied.

Kieran began to get angry. “Do you remember any of their names?”

“No because I didn’t feed into any of it. I’m not concerned with people who judge me before they know me. So I just smiled a greeting and walked on,” Emory stated as Kieran smiled.

“That’s my girl,” he whispered, still angry about Emory being shunned for something that she can’t control. He kissed the tip of her nose and watched her smile. His hand left her cheek and began to play with the loose dark brown strands that lay across her shoulders.

“I know that you were meeting with the council about me. How did it go?” Emory asked.

Kieran rubbed his nose lightly against hers and looked into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers. “As expected. Apparently I took advantage of the situation and everyone thinks the reason I want to be with you is because you’re pregnant.”

Emory laughed. “We’d have to have sex to do that, right? I mean, I’m no expert, but there has to be actual penetration and everything, right?”

“Yes. But, I set them straight and now they’re deliberating my fate like they’re the Supreme Court or something. This is ridiculous. But, being here with you right now makes up for all the stupid crap that’s going on right now. Damn,” he whispered as his hands caressed the small of her back, sending warm tingles up and down her spine.

“What?” she asked.

“Maybe we should have had made love,” Kieran replied with a mischievous grin as Emory’s head went back and she laughed. He took that opportunity to place light kisses along the soft skin of her neck.

“You said it was too dangerous,” she whispered, loving the way his lips felt against her neck. She felt herself being picked up and gently placed on the bed. Kieran came down gently on top of her and placed her legs on either side of his body, staring into her face.

“It is…here. But, maybe I can show you what it would be like without actually doing anything…even though I really want to…man, do I want to,” he said.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

Kieran kissed her lips, then kissed his way to her right ear, grinding his erection into her denim covered core. “Close your eyes.”

Emory closed her eyes and listened to him whisper, “I can do things normal men can’t do.”

“Like what?” she asked as her curiosity got the best of her.

“I can make you cum without touching you,” he whispered as his lips kissed her neck.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yes. Oh, and I can show you how things will be when we finally do make love…keep your eyes closed,” he replied.

Emory saw images of herself and Kieran doing very erotic things to her, his beautiful body as naked as the day he was born. “How are you doing that?”

Kieran smiled against her ear and sucked the lobe into his mouth, then whispered, “I can’t tell you all my secrets. Can you see what I’m doing to you, baby? “

“Yes,” Emory said as she saw his black haired head between her legs making her legs quiver and her back arch as she moaned his name, her hands gripping his head tightly. Her panties were filled with a rush of moisture.

“I wish I was doing that to you right now. Umm, I can smell your need, Emory. You smell so good. I know you’re going to taste even better,” he whispered and the next thing she knew she felt little warm caresses over her breasts, her legs, her womanly core. Kieran loomed over her, waving his fingers over her body, wanting to touch her everywhere he zoomed his energies to, but didn’t.

They both saw each other in their mind, clinging to each other his hips thrusting inside of her womanly warmth, her hips moving up to meet his, a cloud of gold light around them, moaning and gasping with pleasure. Kieran opened his eyes and saw Emory writhing and heard her soft moans of pleasure. He kept his energies focused on her mound and moved his hand to unbutton and unzip her jeans. He pulled them down her hips and off her legs and stared at her pink cotton covered mound and licked his lips. He wanted more than anything to taste her, to thrust his rock hard length inside of her, but he wouldn’t do that…at least not here. He moved his fingers and his energies moved outside of her panties, stroking her.

“Oh Kieran,” Emory whispered aloud as she felt Kieran’s lips kiss hers, then move down to her neck. It felt like his fingers were inside of her and on her, but when she opened her eyes, all she saw was his hands outside, using his powers on her womanhood. The next thing she knew, everything became warmer and the stroking and became more insistent.

“How does that feel, Emory,” he whispered.

“So good, Kieran…don’t stop, please,” she whispered, licking her lips and arching her back as another moan escaped her lips.

Kieran watched her move her hips with his powers and thought he would explode as he watched her hips thrust up, her panties drenching with wetness. He licked his lips and whispered in his ear, “Do you want to cum, baby?”

“Yes, please,” she whispered.

“Look at us in your mind, Emory. We’ll cum together…watch,” he whispered and closed his eyes. They both watched as he moved inside of her thrusting fast and deep, both moaning, enjoying the feel of each other and the next thing she knew, Emory was moaning loudly as she felt her pussy clench and quiver and a rush of warmth caress her entire body.

“Kieran,” she moaned loudly and he opened his eyes, watching her climax. She looked so open, so sexy, so beautiful. He wanted nothing more than to rip off her clothes and take her, but he knew he couldn’t do that here. He was a Diagrave Shiyan Knight. Patience was one of his strongest traits. He could wait. His time to enjoy her body would come soon enough. But he couldn’t say that it wasn’t killing him.

Emory felt like a surge of energy float through her body after her climax and watched with half-lidded, passion glazed eyes as Kieran moved his fingers and pulled her clothes back on. He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, his beautiful blue eyes staring into hers.

“I love you, Emory,” he replied as he pressed tiny kisses on her lips. Emory smiled as she kissed him back.

“I love you, too, Kieran. That was so incredible…and we didn’t do anything. I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle the real thing,” Emory whispered as she felt him move behind and wrap his arms around her waist. She was so tired all of a sudden. She moved into his embrace and yawned.

“You will. Don’t worry about that,” he said as he beckoned his erection to go down.

“But you didn’t get to…,” Emory began and he laughed, a low and husky chuckle as he kissed her neck lightly, his nose inhaling her soft scent.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m a big boy. I’ll collect later,” he said as she smiled, her smaller hands covering his larger ones which were clamped around her waist.

“Wait, aren’t you going to leave? I don’t want anyone to come in and…,” she began as those tiny kisses of his left warm tingles all over her neck.

“Baby, at this point, everyone in the compound knows about us, so who gives a shit. I’m not leaving you and that’s that. Close those beautiful brown eyes and get some rest. I can feel how tired you are,” he whispered as he continued to kiss her neck lightly.

Emory smiled and picked up one of his hands and kissed it. “I am sleepy. Are you sure you’re going to be here when I wake up?”

Kieran pulled her around and smiled at her. “I’m not going anywhere, baby. This is the only place I want to be, with you. Now get some rest.”

Emory smiled and snuggled back into his hard, warm body, allowing the sleep to fall over her. Kieran watched her sleep for a while as he ran his fingers through her hair. She was so beautiful and sweet and she loved him. Emory loved him and there was no way he was letting anything that the council or his father say stop him from being with her. He pulled her closer and began to let the trials of the day take him into a deep slumber.
This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=175