Adore by AshAli
Summary:

jason keesha 

General Hospital: Jason/Keesha

Someone is framing Sonny and Jason for the murder of Manny Ruiz. Jason turns to Keesha for help in clearing his name. Will she find the real murderer in time or will she have to arrest the man she Adores?

:) 


Categories: Daytime Television, General Hospital Characters: Keesha Ward
Classification: Off Cannon
Genre: Drama, Friendship, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: Jason/ Keesha (General Hospital)
Warnings: Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 7643 Read: 19817 Published: 04/07/08 Updated: 13/10/08

1. Body Language by AshAli

2. Mutual Understandings by AshAli

3. Conversations by AshAli

4. Marcel Alejandro by AshAli

5. Smile by AshAli

6. Mexico. by AshAli

Body Language by AshAli

 

Keesha Ward knocked on Sonny’s Penthouse door. Alexis answered. “Keesha hi, I would ask you why you’re here but I already know. That whole Taglioti murder thing right. Unless you have hard evidence proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sonny did it, I suggest you cut your losses and leave.” Alexis Davis was Sonny ex-lawyer and ex-lover. She was a total control freak who needed to be in charge at all times.

 

Sonny walked downstairs in his well-tailored Armani suit and met them at the door. “Good morning Keesha. Too what do I owe this pleasure?”

 

Alexis rolled her eyes and gave a heavy sigh as Keesha walked pass her. She didn’t like Keesha. She felt that Keesha was the reason that Ric Lansing divorced her. “It’s not a social visit Sonny. She’s probably here to arrest you.”

 

Keesha ignored Alexis and proceeded with to speak to Sonny. “Hello Sonny. I wanted to know if you wouldn’t mind coming to the station to answer a few questions.”

 

“Sonny’s not going anywhere with you. As his attorney if you have any questions for Sonny, they go trough me first.”

 

Keesha continued to speak directly to Sonny knowing full well how much she was annoying Alexis. “There is new evidence that might implicate you in the murder of Taglioti. I would like you to come down to the station and answer a few questions.”

 


“Which part of not going anywhere did you not understand. The least Mac could do is train his employees correctly before he send them on his errands.

 

“Mac is out of town. No one sent me I came her out of courtesy.” Keesha still had not turned to face Alexis who was becoming slightly unhinged. “Sonny, if you choose not to come with me, I can place you under arrest. Then I’m going to have to place Jason under arrest…”

 

“Oh, this all makes sense now.” Alexis cut her off. “You would rather come all the way over here to threaten Sonny, than Jason, any day of the week, right? Why don’t you just run across the hall and you and Morgan and can take up where you left off. You are sleeping with him again right?”

 

Keesha patience was wearing thin with Alexis especially since she was partially correct. She didn’t want to run into Jason today.

 

“I got nothing to hide.  Keesha thank you for coming her yourself. Alexis I’ll call you later to check on Kristina.

 

“Sonny let me get my purse.”  Alexis’ objection was once again ignored.

 

“Alexis, there’s no need for you to follow. You’re not even my attorney anymore. If I need anything, I’ll call Ric.” Sonny grabbed his coat and headed for the door.

 

“Aren’t you going to thank me?” Sonny smile at Keesha as he pressed the elevator button.

 

“Excuse me? Thank you for what?”

 


“You should thank me because I agreed to come to the station with you so you don’t have to deal with Jason. I mean, I know how enchanting things can get between the two of you.”

 

“Sonny if I had to deal with Jason I would have but you were first on my list so here we are. And besides if you didn’t come with me I would have called for back-up and have you arrested for resisting.”

 

“I would never resist you Keesha.” Sonny bantered with Keesha until the elevator opened and Jason Morgan stood on the inside.

 

Jason stepped out and stood in the middle of Sonny and Keesha. He gave Keesha the once-over glance then turned his attention to Sonny. “What’s up?”

                 

“Keesha was just escorting me downtown to answer a couple Taglioti questions.”

 

Jason turned to face Keesha. “Don’t you have some parking tickets to write, or something?”

                          

“You know Jason, I was just about to write one for your bike. Something about it being illegally parked or a broken tail light or expired plates.” Keesha gave him a sarcastic grin. Sonny studied the interaction between them. Jason and Keesha were inevitable.

 


“Are you trying to be funny.”

 

“Whatever Jason, explain it to the judge.” Keesha stepped inside the awaiting elevator.

 

Jason smiled at her and shook his head. “Sonny, you need me to come with you.”

 

Sonny followed Keesha into the elevator. “I’ll call Ric if there are any problems. But I’m in capable hands.”

 

Before the elevator doors closed Jason and Keesha’s shared a brief intimate moment as their eyes locked. ‘I’m Sorry Jason. I should have stayed with you. I wanted too but I’m with someone right now.’ ‘Keesha even when we are with other people we are always going to belong to each other. So this bullshit about you being with someone else means nothing to me.’ This was the routine of their relationship. A routine they both couldn’t wait to break away from.

 

“He is unbelievable.” Keesha mumbled under her breath as she and Sonny rode down together.

 

“You talking to me?” Sonny’s heavy Brooklyn accent escaped as he spoke to Keesha.

 

“Who the hell are you suppose to be, Robert De Niro?”

 

The elevator was filled with Sonny’s laughter. “I didn’t know if you were talking to me or your boy, Jase.. I know how intense things can get between the two of you.” Keesha smiled as she thought to herself. ‘Yes things can get quite intense between me and Jason.’

 

Mutual Understandings by AshAli

 “Have a seat Sonny.” Keesha removed a videotape form her draw placed in her VCR.

 

He removed his coat and scarf and took a seat in front of her desk. “Alright Keesha, you got me down here.”

 

“Scotty is looking to lock you and Jason up for jaywalking if you blink too fast.....” Sonny cut her off.

 

“....Should I take this to mean that you’re concerned.”

 

“For Jason yes.” Keesha pressed the play button as she eased into her chair behind her desk.

 

“……Manny Taglioti killed Mike. Now I know we didn’t have the best relationship but he was the only father I had. And we both know he was responsible for what happened on the docks…” Make it clean and send a clear message…” The tape ended with Sonny ordering Jason to kill Taglioti on the same night he was found dead in his residence.

 

Sonny turned away from the television to face her. “Can I ask where you got this tape?”

 

“You can ask me anything you want. It doesn’t necessarily guarantee you an answer. But in any case, I can’t tell you where this came from.” Keesha didn’t like Sonny. She never did. But she always had a civil understanding with him.

 

“I take it you haven’t showed Baldwin.”

 

“Well if I had, you and Jason would have been awaiting execution.” 

                                                              

“Can you do me a favor and keep this between us?”

 


He was asking her to conceal evidence. She had no right to be offended because it was exactly what she was doing, for now anyway. “I know you don’t respect the law Sonny and incidentally that also includes me. But Jason told me he didn’t do this and I believed him. So tell me who might have killed Manny and I’ll see how long I can hold onto this.”

 

“I don’t know who killed Manny. And in spite what you might think of me, I have the utmost respect for you. But Scotty’s dirty just like Taggert was. If you show him this, he’s not going to care that Jason didn’t do it. We both know that.

 

“You’re calling Scotty dirty, now there’s a twist. I’m sure whoever gave me this, made copies.”

 

“So maybe you should start checking with my enemies. Lets see, there's AJ, Alcazar, Ric, pick one." Keesha stared at him with a vexation that made him grin. "What! I know what you're thinking, they are all of your exes but AJ hates Jason and me. Lorenzo hates Jason and me. Ric hates Jason and me.

 

Keesha was actually quite amused with Sonny's reasoning and hoped it didn't register on her face. "I’ll give you one week Sonny”.

 

“I appreciate you showing me this. Whatever happens, I’m not going to let Jason go down for this." Sonny rose from his chair and placed his scarf back around his neck. He held his jacket over his arm as he extended his free one to Keesha. She reluctantly accepted it as Scotty walked in just in time to take in the image before him.

 

"Well, well, well, isn't this all nice and cozy. I have my number one detective shaking hands with my number one suspect, in everything no doubt. Wait a minute, wait one minute, what's missing?" He turned and looked at Sonny, who shook his head. Then he turned back to Keesha. "Or better yet, who's missing? Could it be, Jason Morgan? So Ward, what's going on here, Corinthos made you an offer you just couldn't refuse."

 

"Well I wish I could stay for the fun but I have to go. I hope I was able to help out with your investigation miss Ward." He shot Scotty a forewarning glance and strolled out of Keesha's office.

 

"So what's his story?” Scotty sat in the chair previously occupied by Sonny and placed his legs atop Keesha's desk.

 

"He gave me a couple of leads, he thinks might be helpful to my case."

 

"Oh please, what is he, an imbecile? He and Jason are guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. And if he thinks throwing a few phony names on the plate is going to slow me down, he's got another thing coming."

 

"If there's nothing else Scott, please take your size tens off my desk and get out of my office."

 

Scott swung his legs off her desk and rose to his feet. "Size tens huh? You hit it right on the nose miss Ward. If I didn't know any better, I would be flattered."       

 

"Well luckily for you Scott, you know better". She waited for him to exit her office before removing the tape, placing it an envelope and securing it in her desk draw.

 

Conversations by AshAli
Author's Notes:
Deacon Sharp is a former character from The Bold and the Beautiful play by Sean Kanan. 

 

“Hey baby. Did you miss me?” Deacon Sharpe entered her office just as Scotty exited.

 

It was like Grand Central Station in here today, Keesha thought. “Hey Deacon, welcome home baby?” She was trying to sound animated about him returning home and hoped she was able to pull it off. She had been with Deacon for six months and for the past five she was trying to find a way to break it off. Keesha reluctantly embraced and welcomed him into a kiss.

 

“A couple hours ago.” He lied he’s been back since yesterday afternoon. “I came straight from the airport to see my favorite girl. Can we get out of here so you can welcome me home appropriately?”


 

“Deacon, I can’t. I have a tremendous amount of work I need to finish, especially with Mac out of town.”

 

Deacon placed himself to stand directly in front of her and lowered his lips onto hers. “So you’re telling me, you can’t take one hour off to be with me.”

 

Keesha liked him. He was always there when she needed him. They hardly ever argued and he was great to talk to. She knew she would never love him. But he was a pleasant distraction. “No, I’m telling you I can’t leave this second. I can’t just drop everything Deacon. This case is kind of a big deal.” Keesha uncomfortably eased out of his grip and force a sincere smile.  “So, tell me about Los Angeles. How’s your Club?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about LA or my club Keesha. I want to talk about us and why you’ve been so distant lately.”

 

 “I know I have and I’m really sorry but I can’t leave right now.” Keesha knew Deacon had given her his mind, body and soul and he loved her completely. But she finally learned to stop hating herself for not being able to return his feelings.

 

“Don’t apologize. You’ll make it up to me tonight. I’ll make sure of it.” Deacon sensed something was wrong. It was the same something that had been wrong with them these past few months. Jason. He remembered when he went over to Keesha’s apartment last month and found Jason there. Of course Keesha explained it was just business as usual but the look on Jason’s face told a totally different story. Before he reached the door he turned back towards her. “Babe, we’re okay right?”

 

“We’re always okay.” She lied again. It was becoming so much easier with time. “I’ll see you tonight.”

 

 As he closed the door she let out a heavy sigh and sunk into her chair. She knew they were never really okay. Besides their relationship was supposed to be based on sex with no long-term anything. Unfortunately he broke the rules by falling in love with her. And she broke the rules by falling in love with Jason again. Something she had promised herself she would never do. So she needed a distraction and Deacon was perfect.

 

*********

 

“Someone videotaped the whole damn conversation Jason and it made it’s way into Keesha’s hands. She’s said she’ll hold onto it as long as she can but I need you to get that tape from her office and bring it to me.”

 

“Why? I know for a fact Keesha not going to give it to Baldwin.” Jason seemed incredibly annoyed that Sonny was sending him on another errand to Keesha’s office.

 

Sonny always took notice of the change in Jason’s demeanor when he disagreed with him. “I understand your situation with her but I need you to understand ours. I’ll sleep better tonight knowing it’s in my possession. Get the tape.”

 


Jason nodded and reluctantly agreed.

 

“What did you find on Johnny?”

 

“Nothing that we don’t already know.”

 

“I need you to get on this Jason. My merchandise is destroyed, Mike is dead thanks to Manny who somehow got all of our private information. I got Johnny stepping out on me. I need to know everyone he’s been in contact with over the past twelve months. I’ll call you later. Don’t disappoint me Jason.” Sonny walked up the stairs and into his awaiting limo.

 

Jason headed to Keesha’s office.

 

Marcel Alejandro by AshAli

The Police Commissioner, Mac Scorpio entered the Port Charles Police Department upon returning from his trip from Puebla, Mexico. He took some personal time to visit his big brother, Robert Scorpio. 

“Please tell me you haven’t forgotten how to take a vacation.”

“No I haven’t forgotten but what’s a vacation without a little police work on the side. And this my dear is for you.” He passed Keesha a bottle of Tequila with a big red bow stuck to it. “Can we talk in your office?” 

“So Scorpio what’s up? How was your trip.” Keesha place the bottle in her oversized handbag. 

“What would you say if I told you that Robert was connected to our Taglioti case.” Keesha gave him a quizzical look. “Well, Robert is investigating the Mayor of Puebla, Marcel Alejandro. Who just happens to be Manny’s cousin. Apparently, he and Manny were working together in this mob war with Sonny. They are the ones responsible for destroying the Corinthos-Morgan Warehouse.”

Keesha remembered that night. There was a huge explosion on the docks and the entire waterfront was ablaze.

 

She arrived at his penthouse at 2:00am. Jason wearing only black boxers opened the door and saw her standing there in tears. “What’s wrong?” As she opened her mouth to speak he reached out and took hold of her wrist, pulling her into him.

“There was an explosion tonight on the docks and your warehouse was destroyed. I thought you were there. I called your cell and you didn’t answer. I thought…” 

“I’m right here Kay.” He held her until she stopped shaking. “Lets talk about this in the morning.” Jason took her in his arms and carried her upstairs.

 

“So how about you? Did you find out anything while I was gone?” Mac has been her mentor from the first day she joined the force five years ago. He was one of her best friends and they had a mutual trust with each other. She knew she could trust him with the tape. 

“No, I don’t have anything new to add.” It was only the second time she had ever lied to him. “I brought Sonny in this morning for more questioning but that’s about it.”

“Let me guess. He said he didn’t do it.” Both Mac and Keesha smiled.

“Well I get the feeling that he was telling the truth, this time anyway. I know he has a dozen different motives but I have a feeling.”

“And what exactly is this feeling telling you, that Jason is innocent?”

“I think he might be Mac. I wouldn’t protected Jason if I thought he was guilty.”

“Why not, you’ve protected him before?”

“That was different. His life was in danger.” Keesha didn’t want to argue with Mac especially since he was right. She had done it before but for all the right reasons.

 

Three years ago Jason was ambushed and shot by a rival mobster Anthony Sorel. He made his way across the park to Luke’s Restaurant. Just as Keesha was walking to her car he literally collapsed in her arms. She took her cell phone out to call for help and he begged her not too. “Jason please, I need to get you an ambulance.” She remembered holding him as he lay bleeding from his side.. “Keesha…” He struggled for the words as he faltered in and out of consciousness. “I need you to trust me. No cops.” Without thinking she helped him into the back seat of her SUV and took him to her apartment. There was so much blood. She was hysterical. Jason grabbed her hand. “Can you take the bullet out?” “Well I rode with the EMT in the medical van for my required hours for my certification, which states…Jason…JASON” He passed out. She reached for her phone and called for help.

The next morning he awoke still groggy for the medication. His abdomen was perfectly bandaged and the bullet that was formerly lodged inside him was now on Keesha’s nightstand. “…Give him two Soryfend at noon. He should stay in bed the rest of the day and I’ll be back around 6:00 tonight to check on him…” It took him a moment to recognize the voice was that of his mother, Dr. Monica Quartermaine. 

She let Jason stay in her apartment until he was well enough to leave. The entire police department was looking for him. He was wanted for questioning although he was never charged. Keesha never said a word to Mac until after Jason gave his statement. She remembered how furious Mac had been. But Jason gave Mac proof that Officer Marcus Taggert was on Sorel’s payroll. He knew Taggert would have killed him the moment he was in police custody. Mac decided not bring her up on any disciplinary charges. In fact, no one else in the department knew. She promised Mac she would never lie to him again.

 

“You even told me you understood because of Taggert. And because of Jason's helped you clear out your department of dirty cops.”

“What I understand is you and Jason. What you have to understand is you and Jason. I know you two were engaged then for what ever reasons you weren’t. You have a history. But you need to understand he’s never going to change and neither are you.” If you want to be with this guy that’s find, but you know what he is and you know what you are.” 

“So I’m going to blatantly change the subject because you’re right and I don’t want to talk about it anymore. How’s Robert doing?”

“ He’s great, of course he’s bored out of his mind. Although he likes to pretend that being the new Commander in Chief of The Puebla Police Department is exciting. Which brings me to why I’m here. He invited me this Annual GALA Celebration that Mayor Alejandro is hosting this Saturday.” 

“Okay, if this GALA thing is in a couple of days why did you come back to Port Charles so early.?”

“For you love. We leave on Friday.”

“For me…what? You want me to go to Mexico because…”

“Alejandro has a source here in Port Charles and you’re going to help me find out who that is. I need you to go undercover and do your thing. Find out what you can and solve this case so I can go on a real vacation.”

 

Smile by AshAli

Keesha walked all the way to her car before she realized she had forgotten the tape in her desk. She turned around and headed back to the station when she spotted Jason’s bike parked across the street. ‘What now Jason?’ As she walked through the entrance she realized if he’d been arrested he would have been brought in by a squad car but his bike was across the street. So why was he at the Port Charles Police Department?

 

Her previously locked door was slightly ajar. She peered inside to see Jason jimmying her desk drawer. She smiled to herself and realized she was standing there admiring him. “You tell me you’re not guilty of anything and here you are breaking into my office yet again?” Jason looked up midway through from placing the envelope in his jacket. “You’re in a very compromising position Jason.”

 

“I need the tape Keesha.”

 

“Newsflash Jason, so do I.” She walked over to him and removed it from his jacket. “I can’t believe you still don’t trust me to help you?” 


He grabbed her wrist before she could walk away. “I trust you with my life Kay. But the fact remains that this is in the PCPD custody.”

 

“It’s in my custody Jason. What do you think I’m doing here Jay?” She pulled away from him and slipped the envelope into her oversized handbag.

 

“You have to go by the book.... I don’t.”

 

“You’re right I do have to go by the book and if you ever break into my office again, I’ll do what I can to make sure you and Sonny get adjoining cells.”

 

“So you’re not placing me under arrest?”

 

“You sound disappointed. Do you want me to arrest you, Jason?”

 

“Do you want to arrest me, Keesha?  


She gave way to the smile she’d been trying to conceal since she’d entered her office. “I will, if you give me a reason, Jason.”

 

“No you won’t, I just gave you a reason and here we are.” He also gave way to a seldom seen smile that was reserved only for her.

 

“You are absolutely right Jason. I believe you know this by heart but here goes. Keesha read him the entire Miranda Rights as Jason stood there admiring her.

 

“I’m sorry about your office. This wasn’t anything personal.”

 

You break into my office again and I’m not suppose to take it personal?”

 

“You want me to apologize again?”

 

“Yes I do.”

 

“I’m sorry about your office and I’m sorry you felt I never put you first. I’m sorry you thought that being with Deacon was going to make you forget about us. And I’m sorry for the situation that we are currently in right now.”

 

“Deacon has been great to me Jason. He was always there for me after we broke up.” He was clearly annoyed with Keesha’s quick defense of Deacon.

 

“We didn’t break up. You left your ring on my nightstand and moved out.”

 

“Well if you had your priorities straight that would have never happened.”

 

“I can’t believe you’re still sleeping with him Keesha. Do you know how disrespectful that is to me?” We both know the only reason you’re with him is because you think it will help you stay away from me. So how’s that working for you?”

 

“If you would let me finish. I’m breaking things off with him as soon as I come back from Mexico.”

 

Jason grabbed her wrist again and pulled her into him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her closely. “I’ve always put you first but you know what I do and that has nothing to do with you.”

 

“That has nothing to do with me? Do you know what I do?”

 

“So here we are again…What do mean Mexico?”

 

“I’ll be in Mexico with Mac this weekend. We have some information that might possibly clear you and Sonny.”

 

“So when do we leave?”

 

“This is official Jay. If Mac found out I mentioned this to you he’d show me the door.

 

“Well that sounds like a plan.” Keesha pulled away from Jason at the sound of Mac’s voice.

  

**********

 

“So is Jason the new partner you forgot to tell me about?”

 

“Mac as I told you earlier, I don’t believe Jason and Sonny are guilty. Jason has been helping me…”

 

“Helping you with what Keesha? He is the number one suspect in your investigation. I knew I should never have put you on a case involving Jason. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt.”

 

“Mac I didn’t do this. I know that means nothing to you but it’s true. I knew Keesha was working on this and Sonny and I offered to help out, that’s it. She hasn’t broken any laws and in this case neither have I.”

 

“And exactly how can you help with this case Jason?”

 

“I can get to people you can’t. Mac these people can spot a cop a mile away. I’m not a cop.”

 

“And you fully trust Jason?” 


Keesha glanced over at Jason. “With this, yes.”

 

“All right Jason, against my better judgment, I’ll let you come with us. And if you screw this up in any way I will put you behind bars, whether you’re guilty or not.”

 

Mac turned to face Keesha. “Anything else?”

 

Jason also turned to face her.

 

“I’m going to fix this Mac. I’m going to do my job and find Manny’s killer. You have my word.”

 

The look of frustration on Mac’s face was evident as he stormed out of her office.

 

Keesha stood in the middle of her office noticeably upset. Jason walked over to her and held her again. “Well I’m fired when we get back. I’ve officially used up all my chances.”

 

“Earlier today you gave me a parking ticket. Do you think you can take care of that before you get fired?” Keesha laughed as she embraced him. “So I take it this means you’re speaking to me again.”

 

This felt like the longest day of her life. She decided to leave her car at work and ride home with Jason. They arrived at his penthouse a short time later. Keesha headed upstairs straight to the shower and Jason almost immediately joined her.

 

************

 

Deacon finished setting the table and was searching for Keesha’s Nora Jones CD. Keesha promised they would talk tonight and he wanted it to be perfect. He’d been spending a lot of time in Los Angeles at his club. Every week there was a different problem that required his attention. He thought about giving it up but it was an investment he purchased for next to nothing and business was great. Tonight he would tell Keesha how much he loved her and he was going to ask her to spend the rest of her life with him. As soon as she came home…

Mexico. by AshAli
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the lengthy delay between chapters. My time management is a mess.:)

Friday Afternoon

Alejandro

 

Jason, Mac and Keesha were picked up by limo from the airport. They arrived at Ambassador’s Marcel Alejandro’s home around noon. He and his housekeepers greeted them at the entrance.

 

“Mr. Scorpio welcome. How was your flight? Everything was to your satisfaction?”

 

“Everything was fine Ambassador. That you for you hospitality.”

 

“And your guest?”

 

“Oh this is my friend and colleague Keesha Ward and this is her friend, Jason Morgan.”

 

Alejandro gave Keesha the once over and smiled then returned his attention to Mac. “Mr. Scorpio, a word please.” He did not acknowledge Jason.

 

 “I invited you and your friend, Ms. Ward, Mr. Scorpio. I was not expecting you to bring anyone else into my home uninvited. One would consider that…how do you say…rude.”

 

“That was not my intension Ambassador. I really didn’t think it would be a problem. I told Keesha she could come down here and relax for a few day and she decided to bring the fiancé. You know…women. I apologize if I offended you.”

 

“The fiancé eh?”

 

Mac and Alejandro walked back over to Keesha and Jason. “Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I look forward to having you as my guest at tomorrow night GALA celebration. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to meet my wife for brunch.”

 

“What was that about Mac?”

 

“I told him I would inviting you, not Jason. When he saw you he became suspicious, so I told him that Jason was your fiancé. So lets go over our stories again and prepare for tomorrow.”

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Mac

 

“Robert, when are you going to give up your paradise and head back to Port Charles?”

 

I don’t know Malcolm. I’ve left it in good hands. Besides, I’ve got the sand, the sun, cheap room and board and my thrice ex- wife. Isn’t that right love?”

 

“Well I wouldn’t mind moving back home. There are a lot of great memories there. And I wouldn’t mind working for my brother-in law again.” Anna handed Mac and Robert their drinks before heading back inside.

 

“I would love to have you Anna. Now if you could talk some sense into my brother.”

 

“I have plenty of sense. And let me just go on record and say, wild horses couldn’t drag me back to Port Charles. Now, how is your host treating you Mac?”

 

“He’s been a bloody peach. Keesha is having lunch with the misses today. And before I forget to tell you, she brought Jason along.”

 

“Jason Morgan?”

 

“The one and only. Keesha has this on again off again thing with him. She ends up telling him about the investigation and he offered to help.”

 

“He offered to help with his own investigation? How very thoughtful of him. What’s even more thoughtful is that you agreed to it.”

 

“I need to trust that Keesha knows what she’s doing. She’s not going to screw me over a second time for Jason. So what do you have for me?”

 

“Well apparently Alejandro paid of a guy in Port Charles to kill his own cousin. Manny never stood a change. Not that I care one way or the other. I just find it appalling that family could be so cold to one another. Anyway, the guy he hired is named Deacon Sharpe.” Mac’s expression said it all. “I take it you know the name.”

 

“That’s Keesha’s boyfriend.”

 

“I thought you said she was with Jason?”

 

“It’s a long story that even I can’t explain right now. What about Deacon?”

 

“Deacon is working for someone in Port Charles who wanted Manny dead. They contacted Alejandro and he paid Deacon to take care of it.”

 

“It’s funny he never stuck me for a murderer.”

 

“It’s about the money Mac. Everyone has their price at some time or another. Deacon’s price was set to the tune of one million dollars.”

 

“So Deacon killed Manny and is setting up Jason and Sonny to take the fall. Well it makes perfect sense to set up Jason, that where Keesha comes in, but why Sonny?”

 

“Maybe he figured kill two birds with one stone. Whatever his reasons are it looks like your guys are innocent, of this crime anyway. To be clear Malcolm, Alejandro knows I’m investigating him. The only reason he invited you here was to make sure the media got some great photos with the police chief’s brother. It’s great publicity and great for his public image. And also a slap in the face to me.”

 

“Sorry for the delay guys. Lunch is on the balcony.” Anna finished setting up the table for the authentic Mexican lunch she learned to make three days ago.

 

“So now I have to find a way to tell Keesha that her boyfriend is a murderer.”

 

“Which one Deacon or Jason?” Both Robert and Mac turned towards Anna “Sorry, just a little bad humor to go with lunch.”

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Keesha

 

Thanks for inviting me to lunch. Mrs. Alejandro.”

 

“Please call me Yvelissa.”

 

“Yvelissa it is. And please call me Keesha.”

 

“So did you find out anything new with the investigation?”

 

“I’m not investigating anything, but I thank you for asking.”

 

Yvelissa tossed her hair to the side as she repositioned herself. “Let’s not insult each other’s intelligent Keesha. I know you and Mr. Scorpio came down he to help his brother with his case. And your fiancé, Jason Morgan, came down her to help you dig up dirt on my husband.”

 

“You know I’m not engaged to Jason?”

 

“Of course I know. I’m a woman. My husband on the other hand, thinks you are happy as pie.”

 

“So Yvelissa, since we are being frank, do you know who killed Manny?”

 

She took a sip from he glass and carefully dabbed the sides of her mouth with her napkin before tossing her hair to the side again. “My husband had Manny killed. But don’t get to excited Keesha, you’ll never be able to touch him.”

 

“You seem pretty confidant of that fact.”

 

“I am. I wouldn’t be sitting here making small talk with you otherwise.”

 

“And here I thought you were just being polite.”

 

“Like I was saying Keesha, you’ll never find any evidence or witnesses that will link my husband to anything.”

 

“There’s you.”

 

“That’s laughable. Unfortunately for you, I would never turn on my husband. Cheat on him, yes. Turn him in, no. The same way you would never turn on your man.”

 

“No offense, but you don’t know me well enough to know what I’ll do.”

 

“You’re a detective in love with a hit-man for the mob. That’s all I need to know. The same way you protect yours, I protect mine.”

 

Keesha wasn’t going to dispute her. Yvelissa was right to a certain degree.

 

“Yes I know all about Mr. Morgan and you for that matter. You didn’t think I would invite you into my home without taking the necessary precautions. Don’t worry I’ve kept the minor details from my husband.” She took a bite of her salad and another sip from her glass.

 

Keesha studied her. Yvelissa thought herself as a strong independent woman. But she was only a mobster’s wife who knew her place in line. Keesha effortlessly changed the subject. “You said your husband killed Manny.”

 

“No I said my husband had Manny killed. Big difference.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Your fiancé and Sonny Corinthos had the perfect motive. Manny murdered Sonny’s father, Manny ends up dead, they become the number one suspects and they get arrested. Marcel takes control of Sonny’s territory, simple.”

 

“Can I ask you why you’re telling me all of this Yvelissa?”

 

“I have my reasons. But don’t worry Keesha, I’m sure they have a wonderful attorney. Well look at the time. You are more than welcomed to stay and finish lunch. I have to go and get ready for tonight.”

 

“It’s only two o’clock and I don’t think this conversation is anywhere close to being finished.”

 

“I have something I need to tend to. I have a special surprise in store for tonight and I want everything to be perfect. Now if you’ll excuse me.” Before Keesha could voice another word, her heels were echoing off the balcony and towards the house.

 

 

Saturday Afternoon

Jason

 

Jason was meeting with Marcel Alejandro at his other home in the hills, the one that was for his business and his personal use. “Mr. Alejandro you have Mr. Morgan here to see you.” A large burly gentleman with a scar just above his right brow wearing a suit about one size too small entered the game room. Alejandro motioned for him to send Jason in.

 

He remained seated watching an episode of The I Love Lucy Show. “Listen to this line Jason.” ‘But I don’t want to Ricky waaaaaaaaaah!’ He mouthed the words that he heard numerous times then burst into a fit of laughter. “I loved this show. You don’t watch much TV, do you Morgan?” Jason remained stoned face as he shook his head. “This is a classic. You should…how do you say? Check it out.”

 

Jason invited himself to a seat across from his host. ‘So was this the part of the plan you forgot to tell me about, setting me and Sonny up for murder?”

 

“Jason, you worry too much. Here let me get you a drink.” He walked over to the bar and opened a Guinness Stout, Jason’s favorite. “Jason we’ve known each other for what, five years now? When are you going to learn to trust me?”

 

Five years ago Sonny ordered Jason to kill Alejandro for control of the Mexican border. Upon learning that he was also the intended victim of a hit ordered by Sonny, thanks to Alejandro, Jason decided he could benefit from an alliance.

Alejandro liked Jason and he trusted him. Jason however, limited his circle of trust to only a chosen few.

 

“I have a video tape out there with a full confession to Manny’s murder and you want to talk about trust?”

 

“You will not be going to jail for murdering Manny, Alexis Davis and Deacon Sharpe will.” Jason slowly lowered the bottle from his lips and provided Alejandro with his full attention. See Jason…trust.”

 

“Alexis Davis was obsessed with getting back at Sonny for ruining her life. When she became pregnant, he left her and went back to Carly. She lost all of her clients and her practice for her relationship with Sonny.  But of course you know all of this.” He turned off the television and continued. “After Manny killed Mike, Alexis went to him and gave him files on Sonny and his organization. That’s when I met her for the very first time. She…how do you say” Recruited Deacon, knowing he could be bought. I paid him and he shot Manny with Sonny’s gun, which was provided by Alexis. Deacon followed you and Sonny around for the next few days and taped you and Sonny talking about killing Manny.”

 

“This is about you and Alexis setting Sonny up?”

 

“My alliance it with you Jason. Not Him. I don’t forget. I haven’t forgotten that he sent you here five years ago to kill me. Apparently you have. The guy tries to kill you and you continue to work for him. You trust him but yet you refuse to trust me. I don’t get you.”

 

“You don’t need to get me Marcel. And I’m only going to say this once. Leave Sonny alone. What happened five years ago was five years ago. Let it go.”

 

The stemware that lay atop the bar went crashing into the wall and onto the floor with one swipe of his arm. “Let it go? Okay Jason, because you asked and I consider you a friend, I’ll let it go, this time.” He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply to calm his nerves.

 

“There is something I don’t follow. Why would you pay someone to have your cousin killed?”

 

“Manny found out about our partnership. He was threatening to tell Sonny. You and I both know you would have been killed. Like I said Jason, I consider you a friend more that I ever considered Manny family. Also, I was having an affair with Alexis at the time and it turned her on.”

 

“I need to get back. Keesha is waiting for me. I’ll see you tonight.”

 

“Ahh, your fiancé. Mac Scorpio is one sharp detective. Well I look forward to the two of you joining me tonight. My wife has a surprise plan. I need to be ready for anything. Oh and Jason, speaking of detectives, do you know what Robert Scorpio has on me?”

 

“As far as I know, you have a contact in Port Charles and they’re trying to figure out who that is.”

 

Marcel Alejandro nodded in acknowledgement.

 

 

 

Saturday Night

Mac & Keesha 

 

 

Keesha tried Jason cell phone again while impatiently waiting to hear from him. He headed into town early this morning and she hadn’t heard from him since. She slipped into her white spaghetti strapped Donatella Versace dress just as Mac knocked on her door.

 

He told her about lunch with Robert and Anna and she told him about lunch with Yvelissa. She wasn’t surprised that Deacon would set Jason up. He hated Jason. She was surprised that as a police officer and his girlfriend, she didn’t figure this out her own.

 

“So how do you want to handle that when we get back?” Mac saw the stress and disdain in her face. She passed her hand through her hair and tore out the pin that was holding it together, tossing it to the side.

 

“Don’t worry about me Mac. I know exactly how to handle Deacon. The entire time I was trying to spear his feelings he was playing me.”

 

“It’s kind of like you cheating on him with Jason. So where is Morgan?”

 

Keesha ignored Mac’s sarcasm. “Your guest is as good as mine. I haven’t seen him since this morning. He said he had to go see a man…about a job.” Her intended humor lightened the mood amidst the current situation.

 

“Can I ask you something personal Keesha?”

 

“You never needed my permission before.”

 

“Tell me you know what you’re doing and mean it.”

 

“I know what I’m doing and I mean it. Do you still trust me?”

 

“Don’t I always? And speaking of trust, I hope you trust that Jason is not going to screw it up for us tonight.”

 

“Mac I’m usually a really good judge of character and I hope you won’t hold these past few months against me.”

 

“I know I should. But I won’t. I just wish that while you were looking for the next guy to replace Jason with, you had put a little more thought into it. I understand that you love the guy but that is no excuse for your lack of judgment. And when this is over you are remanded to three weeks paid vacation.” Keesha rose from the sofa and embraced him in a much-needed hug.

 

 “Thank you Mac. I just need to fix my hair again and I’m ready, except for my zipper, which seems to be stuck. And by the way, you really are a fabulous boss.”

 

“I know.” Mac moved behind Keesha and grabbed her waist to help with the zipper that refuses to budge. In walks Jason.

 

“There you go love.” Mac managed to get her zipper up all the way. Jason look of annoyance did not go unnoticed by either of the two detectives.

 

“Jason! We were um…just finishing up here.” She and Mac smiled at each other and continued to feed Jason’s curiosity. “So, did you find out anything?”

 

“I met with a few people today and I found out who killed Manny.”

 

“Did you now?” Mac folded his arms and glanced at Keesha. “And who would that be?”

 

Jason was clearly irritated with Mac. “Keesha I’m sorry to have to tell you this, but Deacon was the one who shot Manny.”

 

“And how did you come to find this out Jason?”

 

“I have my sources.”

 

“Care to share with the rest of us.”

 

“No.”

 

“I know about Deacon Jason. Mac found out earlier today.”

 

“See Jason, it looks like you weren’t needed in Mexico after all.”

 

“Did you also find out that Alexis was the one that hired Deacon in the first place to set up Sonny?” Jason went on to explain Alexis’ part in the murder leaving out a few minor details of course.

 

“Well it looks like we got what we came for. I’m going to head down to the ballroom. I suggest the two of you do the same.” Mac winked at Keesha before exiting the room.

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=52