Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Cast of Characters (random order):

Adena Capricorn

Taye Haughton

Bree Donatella

Ron Houston


Felicia Jones


Missy Evans

Craig David

Kim Madison

 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The Goat
December 22 - January 19
The tenth sign of the zodiac is concerned with:
* practicality, realism, hard work accomplishments
* planning, determination, persistence, success
* high status, good quality, reputation
* responsibility, difficulties, problems
* paternalism, authority, discipline
* money, wealth, long-term projects
* wisdom, loyalty, sensitivity to beauty

*

"So what do you think of this painting?"Adena Capricorn asked her client as she showed him around the art gallery that she worked at.She worked at Bree Donatella's art gallery. She had a great eye for art like the real Donatella had a great eye for fashion.She was sought after from a lot of art lovers in the SoHo section in New York City.Her gallery was one of the best kept secrets in SoHo and Adena was one of her top workers and sellers.

"Well you know,I dont really know what Im looking for"the man said to her."Im not into art.Most of the time I dont understand it"he said to her,"I dont want to be rude but this painting....it says nothing to me.I mean why would I pay a fortune that I can do myself?"he asked her

Adena nodded.He did have a point,"So nothing jumps out at you?"she asked him

"No.But she loves this place.She loves her art.But I just dont want to hang up something that I wont like to look at.Its all about her,yes,but I want to enjoy it too"he said

"I totally agree"Adena said to him as she walked away from that particular painting."Donatella says to me to never buy a painting that is just ok,that you dont have to have.Because if you do,you are forced to walk by it everyday,regretting it.When you pick a painting,it has to be the one from the minute you see it.So you dont have to pick one today,it may take awhile"

The man chuckled,"Like picking a mate"

Adena smiled at him,"Yeah like picking a mate"she said to him.No one has ever dis-ciphered it like that before but it made perfect sense.She wondered why she never thought of it like that.

*

Capricorn is the cardinal earth sign of the zodiac. It can be likened to the oldest and most valuable tree in the forest.

*

Adena sighed as she looked at her watch.It was a little after 7.She had another late night in the office but she didnt mind since it was productive. She looked forward to some true relaxation.However,when she opened the door,she was greeted with something different.A dirty hallway leading to a much dirtier kitchen and her husband of 10 months was sitting on the couch playing Halo with two of his friends.She sighed again but it wasnt as good as the first,it was frustration.

"Hey,heres my favorite girl"Taye Haughton,her husband,said to her while not taking his eyes off of the television."You're late,another late night at the office?"he asked her

"Yes obviously"she said to him,hands on her hips.What the hell was going on? Why wasnt the place clean? Why wasnt dinner ready or ready to be ready?"Taye?Whats for dinner?"

"Pizza is on its way.Already took care of it,you know Im looking out for you"he said to her,still not taking his eyes off the tv

"Pizza?"she said,"Ok..."she said and walked into the kitchen.When she saw the plates piled in the sink,she wished that she didnt walk in there at all.She hated untidiness.She wasnt a neat freak,she thought housework was tedious,but she kept everything tidy and organized because thats the way she liked it and it kept her sane.She didnt like this,she didnt like a messy kitchen and she didnt want greasy pizza delivered here.She reluctantly turned on the water in the sink,now that she saw the mess,it had to be dealt with.Then she stopped,she was still in her work clothes,she had to change.

She walked into their bedroom and without meaning to,she opened and slammed different drawers shut,sighing as she did so."You ok?"Taye asked as he stood at the door.

"No I'm not"Adena said."The place is a mess and we're eating pizza,thats whats wrong"

Taye rolled his eyes,"Dena it isnt that bad-"

"Yes it is!I cant deal with it!I also cant deal with working all day and then coming home and doing dishes.Meanwhile you have been playing that damn video game all day"

"We havent played it all day"Taye said to her

Adena sighed again as she shook her head.How old was he anyway?She pulled off her panty hose and ran some water and set them in it.She took off her shirt,blazer and skirt."Have you looked for a job today?"

Taye was laid off from his last job about a month ago,not due to his performance but because the company just simply had to cut back."Actually no"he said as he scratched his head not looking at her,"Im sick of filling out applications and not hearing anything.Im gonna sit back and let them find me"

"Can you afford to do that Taye?Can we afford to do that Taye?I mean Im making enough at the gallery-"

"Dena,we will be fine"Taye said to her

"Are we?Because ever since you lost that job,I have been the one busting my ass while you sleep all day.You never clean! I just want a clean and organized household,its all I ask. But no.I cant even ask my mother to come over right now if she wanted to.I cant even have Donatella over for a business dinner if I wanted to.The place is a mess,salty chips all over the new leather couch...."she said as she put on some velour sweats with a soft and light cotton tshirt and put her long black hair up.

Taye chuckled,"You are the only woman I know that gets dressed up to clean"

"Im not getting dressed up"she snapped at him,"I shouldnt be the one to clean"

"Dena,what the hell is your problem?"

"My problem?Your problem!You need a routine.A nice routine that keeps you busy and not looking like a bum.I mean isnt it embarrassing to have your friends over and all you can do is play video games in your old Columbia sweats?"

"Im not like you Dena.I dont need a fixed routine everyday.I dont obsess over having the house spotless.Spotless like we are going to be featured in 'House and Garden'"he said sternly,getting upset,she was making some low blows now."Im not at all embarrassed"

"Im not obsessed.I just like a clean place!Thats it!It doesnt need to be 'House and Garden' but why cant it?I know why,its too much WORK"she said to him

Taye scoffed,"I know why you are really upset.Im embarrassing you.You are embarrassed that your husband doesnt clean every 5 minutes and that he still doesnt have a job yet"

"Im not embarrassed.I just want some goddamn help around here and its like you arent trying anymore-"

"Well Im sorry that Im actually enjoying my time off"Taye said to her,"Before this I was working my ass off! Im young,we're young! We are both only 23! Slow down a little and stop obsessing over every little thing like your mother does"

"Dont talk about my mother that way!"she shouted at him

"I wasnt talking about her.I was using one of her traits as an example!"

"Oh you knew what you were doing!"she said.She wanted to say something else but then came the sound of a buzzer.Pizza was here.She shut her mouth and sighed.She slipped into some slippers and went into the kitchen and started doing the dishes,also banging around as she did so.Taye entertained his two guy friends with greasy pizza and video games and proceeded to turn up the volume louder to drown her out.

When she was done putting the last dish away was when she noticed them leaving.Thank God.She was more pissed now because they could probably hear them arguing earlier.How embarrassing.Taye walked in and set the box on the counter,"You want these last two pieces?"

"No"she said

"Fine,we'll be back"he said to her

"What?"she asked.

"We're getting some beer and another game"he said to her and then left.She sighed again.She fixed herself some leftover pasta and then took the food into the bedroom.She sat on the bed and pulled a tray up to her and set her plate on it and watched tv.She could hear them come back in and could hear video games again.She turned up her television and started to knit,she only did it to calm her down.She almost had enough of the knitting when Taye and his friends left again.But this time they didnt come back.

She got ready for bed.Read another chapter in her book and turned out the light and laid down.He still wasnt back.When she drifted off to sleep,he still wasnt back and he probably wasnt even close to home.

*

Surefooted and thoroughly practical, in the end the Capricorn goat always reaches the heights, beating others who are faster but less determined.

*

It was 5 am when Taye made it back to the house.He didnt do too good of a job of sneaking back in.He made sure to use the bathroom in the hall to not disturb her but when he slowly laid down next to her in the bed was when she opened her eyes.She glanced at the clock and sighed and tried her best to go back to sleep.

*

The cardinal signs must put their resources to good use. Earth resources represent practical skills: material, financial, and social resources that can be used to further an ambition.

*

Adena woke up an hour later,ready to tackle the day once again.She went into the bathroom and sighed when she saw Taye's clothes on the floor.She picked them up and put them in the hamper.Then she saw something, a trace of lipstick on his shirt.She scoffed,"That has to be ketchup"she said to herself,"Or some type of sauce...its mine,maybe its mine"she said but she didnt believe herself.

She started to worry,was he seeing someone else?How could he?She didnt expect much.She just expected to be loved and someone to be faithful to her.Simple.Being taken seriously also helps...as well as privacy,commitment and wanting a home to raise a family.But every girl wants those things.She doesnt ask for much.

She tried to shake those thoughts out of her head.Taye loves her and she loves him.Things have been rocky since him being laid off.But things should be back to normal soon.They had to be.Divorce or seperataion was not an option.They had to work together.

*

Spiritual Goal: To learn to understand the feelings and needs of other people.

*





Chapter End Notes:
Note: This is fiction and just a story about what I think would happen to a certain Capricorn with these given circumstances. If you are a Capricorn and get offended, I apologize but it was not my intention. Not all Capricorns are alike and I know this. No harm done.