Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
And now the beeping beep hits the fan.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Well look who it is Vange. Your rapist in shining armor,” Christian said with a grad gesture of his arms.
Todd’s hackles rose when Christian called him a rapist in front of Evangeline. He hated having his past thrown in her face.
“I think Evangeline has made it clear you have overstayed your welcome, so why don’t you go and fail at a third career,” Todd said in the most even tone he could manage.
Ignoring Todd’s comment, Christian remained seated on Evangeline’s bed with his hand on her upper thigh.
“So Evangeline has told me the good news,” Christian said as he rubbed Evangeline’s thigh.
Feeling increasingly uncomfortable with Christian’s physical contact, Evangeline began to push his hand away.
“And what good news would that be?” Todd said moving closer to get a better look at Evangeline. He wanted to make sure she was okay before he broke every bone in Christian’s hand.
“Don’t play dumb Manning. Evangeline told me how she is throwing away a chance at a normal, stable, and happy life to lay in bed with you and your fleas.”
“Christian I understand that you are hurt, but all of this uncalled for,” Evangeline said grabbing a hold of Cris’ hand, finally freeing her thigh from his grasp.
Looking at their joined hands seemed to fuel Cris’ anger.
“Of course you understand. I mean McBain did leave you to roast for Natalie.”
Tears immediately sprang to Evangeline’s eyes as she snatched her hand away.
Todd crossed the room in a step and a half and grabbed Cris by the collar and threw him violently to the ground.
“You listen tome you son of a bitch. You are going to get up and walk your sorry ass out of that door and out of Evangeline’s life.”
Todd’s breath was labored and raggedy from his building rage toward Christian.
Christian began to laugh like a hyena as he lay in the middle of the room,
Evangeline and Todd traded curious looks as Christian’s laughter began to subside. He stood up and made a grand showing of dusting himself off.
“What the hell is so funny?” Todd said as he stood between Christian and Evangeline like the Berlin Wall.
“This whole twisted situation. I mean come on Manning. How long do you think it’s going to be before you go back to Blair?”
“Blair and I are over,” Todd said in a cold voice.
“Over? There is no over you two Manning. Just a never ending cycle of I love you I hate you.”
“You’re wrong. I love Evangeline more than I thought I could ever love someone. I don’t know why I’m explaining myself to you. I suggest you leave now because my patience is wearing thin.”
“I know you still love me Evangeline. I can feel it. And when you’re done spreading your legs…”
Christian’s sentence was interrupted by a left hook from Todd. He quickly followed the hook with a blow to Christian’s ribs.
Staggered but not beaten, Christian tackled Todd to the floor.
“Oh god Todd!” Evangeline screamed as she rushed from the bed.
Christian straddled Todd squeezing the life out of him.
“You don’t deserve her! You don’t deserve to live!” Christian screamed over and over again. His voice was ripe with rage and malice.
“Christian please let him go!” Evangeline said through tears as she tugged at his shirt.
The sound of Evangeline pleading seem to egg Christian on. The more she cried, the tighter Christian’s grip became. He openly enjoyed the various shades of blue and purple that danced over Todd’s features.
Not knowing what else to do, Evangeline picked up the vase of cheap roses and smashed Christian over the head.
The blow shocked Christian enough that his grip on Todd loosened. Evangeline was relieved to hear the coughing and gagging of Todd trying to catch his breath.
“Evangeline how could you do that?” Christian said as he staggered toward her.
“Christian you were out of control. I had to stop you before…”
“SHUT UP!! Just shut your mouth!” Christian shouted as he grabbed Evangeline by the wrists.
“Christian let go you’re hurting me,” Evangeline said in a strained voice.
“I love you. We can still be happy. Why don’t you see that I’m what’s best!”
By now Christian is shaking Evangeline and backing her into a corner.
Christian was so consumed with his madness that he didn’t notice Todd standing up.
Although he felt like his lungs were burning a hole through his chest, Todd began to make his way toward Christian and Evangeline.
“I suggest you get your goddamn hands off of her,” Todd said in a hoarse whisper.
Evangeline’s eyes shone with a mixture of fear, happiness, and unshed tears. Todd fixed his gaze on her and felt all of her emotions run through him.
“You and what army is going to make me,” Christian said as he maintained his grip on Evangeline’s wrists.
“This army darlin’.”
Both Evangeline and Christian turned to see Miranda standing in the door way with two beefy security guards.
“Either you let Vange go or I let my pit bulls have a nice treat,” Miranda said in a voice drenched with false sweetness.
Seeing that he was clearly out muscled, Christian released Evangeline and backed away with hands raised.
“Now if you gentlemen would be so kind as to escort Mr. Vega into the hallway and keep him company as he waits for Llanview’s finest,” Miranda instructed as the two mountain of men grabbed Christian’s arms and walked him to the door.
“I still love you. This is just a bump in the road for us. I’ll see you soon honey,” Christian yelled over his shoulder as he was being led out of the room.
Evangeline began to shiver as Christian’s words rang in her ears.
Todd rushed to her side and began to stroke and kiss her hair.
“Are you ok? Did he hurt you?” Todd said in between kisses.
“I’m fine, but look at your neck. He almost killed you.”
“It’s nothing. That was by far the easiest near death moment I’ve ever had,” Todd said with a crooked grin.
“I can’t believe you’re making jokes at a time like this,” Evangeline said as she gently caressed Todd’s neck.
“You know there is a professional in the room if you guys wanna know my humble opinion,” Miranda said reminding Todd and Evangeline of her presence.
“Randy you do know how to make a hell of an entrance,” Todd said as he walked Evangeline back to her bed.
“Yes well I have always had a flair for the dramatics,” Miranda said as she looked over the bruising and swelling around Todd’s neck.
“Well you’re running your mouth so that’s a good sign there is no permanent damage to you vocal chords or larynx. Other than sounding like you gargle with Jack Daniels and cigarettes for a while, you’ll be fine.”
“Thank god,” Evangeline said with a heavy sigh.
“What about her?” Todd said as he began to rub her back.
“Todd I’m fine really,” Evangeline said while linking her hand with his.
“I think I’ll be the judge of that,” Miranda said as she took Evangeline’s wrists into her hands.
Evangeline hissed at the slight contact.
“I don’t think they’re broken but I’m going to get some X-rays to be sure. Until then I’m going to get you guys some ice to help with the swelling.”
Once Miranda left the room, Evangeline collapsed into Todd’s arms and began to shake.
“Hey hey. What’s this all about?” Todd said in a soothing voice.
“I was just so scared. The last time I saw Christian that out of control he was beating up Vince’s lackey.”
“Yeah well I’m a lot tougher than that guy.”
“I know, but I saw your face change colors and I thought this it. We’re over before we started,” Evangeline said her voice cracking with emotion.
“Hey let’s not dwell on that. We’re not over. We’re right her together.”
“Yeah. Yeah we are.”
Todd and Evangeline spent the rest of the evening just staring at each other, but Christian’s words still haunted them both.






Chapter End Notes:
"You're worthy. You're worthy. Get up!"-Wayne's World 2