Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So here is a little bit of drama for you. Not much just something to wet the taste buds.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Todd and Layla turned to see Nora standing in the doorway.
"Yeah well no one asked you for you input coma momma," Todd said rolling his eyes.
"Evangeline is one of my dearest friends Todd."
"And what, she's just chop liver to me?" Todd said agitated.
"I don't know what your twisted obsession is with Evangeline. I'm just going to do whatever it takes to make sure you don't hurt her."
"I would never," Todd paused to wrestle his growing anger. "I would never do anything to hurt Evangeline."
"I'm sure Rebecca, Marty, Tea and Blair would say differently," Nora said going straight for the jugular.
"Cute. How's that gay serial killer you call ex-husband doing? I'm sure he and Troy are exchanging great stories about you up at Statesville," Todd said his voice full of malice.
"You son of a bitch," Nora started but Layla quickly came in between the two of them.
"Why don't we continue this conversation outside of Vange's room. She doesn't need to hear you two spit venom at each other," Layla reasoned.
Once outside of the room, Nora turned her attention to Layla.
"So what exactly are you trusting Lord Vader to do?"
"Todd has found another specialist. She has been experimenting with this new therapy, and Todd thinks this could be the break through we've been looking for."
"Sweetie are you sure that's wise?" Nora asked concerned. "I mean Evangeline is in such a fragile state."
"Todd and I agreed that we shouldn't give up on Vange. She wouldn't just walk away from us, so we won't do that to her."
"When did it become Todd and I?" Nora asked astonished at Layla's words.
"That's great. She tells you we may be able to bring Evangeline back and that's all you heard," Todd said shaking his head.
"I heard what she said," Nora replied in a defensive tone. "I'm just curious as to how you slithered your way into the middle of the decision making process."
"Todd is paying for all these specialists, but I have the final say so," Layla said taking on her own defensive tone.
"Oh so he bought his way in?" Nora said shooting death stares at Todd.
"You know Nora, I have had enough of you mouth," Todd began to rant.
"Todd please. I'll handle this," Layla interrupted.
Throwing his hands in the air, Todd walked toward the window that looked into Evangeline's room. "Why was Layla the only one on his side in this?' he wondered aloud.
"Ok Layla the first thing we need to do is get Todd away from your sister. And then we..."
"No," Layla simply replied.
"No? But Layla that man is toxic to your sister," Nora said pleading her case.
"Nora if you are going to be here for Vange, then be here for Vange. I know you hate Todd's guts, but you need to put that aside and focus on helping us get her back."
"Layla you don't know the evil that man is capable of, I do. Manning has a stained soul and a black heart. He will only bring misery to your door step."
"You're wrong. The only thing Todd has brought to my door step is hope. Nora I know you don't believe it, but Todd cares for Vange. And if I have to dance with the devil to get her back I will."
"You're just as stubborn as your sister," Nora said as she shook her head. “I still don't think he's worth the dirt knocked off a boot, but I guess I have to trust your judgment where Manning is concerned. Keep me updated?"
Releasing a sigh of relief, Layla smiled and readily agreed. After embracing Layla, Nora turned and head for the elevators.
"I see Dragon Lady has taken flight," Todd said walking toward Layla.
"Let it go Todd. She's just worried about Vange."
"We all are. Dr. Glasser will be here Tuesday. You going to be ready?"
"Absolutely. Let's get my sister awake."





Chapter End Notes:
I know I know....I need to wake Vange up.