Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The Williamson sisters do a little bonding and have a honest talk. There is also a taste of Tangie flirting




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Evangeline lay in bed, lazily flipping through the latest issue of Essence. She was quite worn out from her first physical therapy session and had little strength for much else.
"Knock, knock."
Evangeline raised her head from the magazine and met the dazzling smile of her sister tooth for tooth.
"Hey there stranger," Evangeline said as she sat up in bed.
"How is my big sis doing today," Layla asked as she scooted on to the bed with her sister.
"Sore. Tired. And extremely bored."
"Bored? How could you be bored after the display of fireworks that went off here earlier?"
"Layla what are you talking about?"
"I'm talking about Christian's declaration of love and Todd's interruption."
"How did you find out about that?"
"How do you think? Christian came banging on my door after you tossed him out on his ass in favor of Todd."
"I didn't toss him out on his ass as you so beautifully said. I simply asked him to leave."
"While you allowed Todd to stay," Layla asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yes Layla, Todd stayed." Evangeline said with a heavy sigh.
"Why am I not surprised?"
"What is that suppose to mean?", Evangeline asked defensively.
"Nothing sis. So when are you going to answer Cris' question?"
"And what question would that be?"
"Don't play dumb Vange. I know Cris asked you to take him back."
"Yeah he did. He said he loves me and wants us to move on with our lives together."
"Is that what you want Vange?"
"Lay I would love nothing more than to move on with my life."
Unknown to the sisters, there was an unwelcomed set of ears listening to their conversation. Believing he had heard all that he needed to hear, Cris took off with a bounce in his step and a smile on his heart.
Finally, he thought to himself, Evangeline and I can be together again.
Meanwhile back in the room, the conversation continued.
"Vange I can see the but sitting on the tip of your tongue so just spit it out," Layla said taking her sister's hand in her own.
"But I don't see a life that includes a relationship with Cris. At least not the kind he wants."
"So you want Cris to be your friend like you and Todd are just friends?" Layla questioned.
"Not exactly," Evangeline said nervously biting her bottom lip.
"My relationship with Todd is complicated."
"Are you sure it’s your relationship with Todd that/s complicated? Or is it really your feelings for Todd that's complicated?"
"Both," Evangeline said with a furrowed brow.
"Evangeline Williamson are you holding out on me?" Layla said in a tone eerily similar to their mother.
"Layla if I was being completely truthful, I am holding out on more than just you."
"Vange you aren't making any sense. What are you trying to say?"
Taking a deep breath, Evangeline finally said out loud what she had already felt in her soul.
"I want Todd."
Confusion etched on Layla's face she replied, "What do you mean you want Todd?"
"I mean when I move on with my life, I want Todd there with me, but as more than a friend. Layla, I think I'm in love with him," Evangeline said astounding herself.
"Oh," Layla said with a shocked expression. She always knew her sister had feelings for Todd, but to hear Evangeline confirm it was mind blowing.
"That’s it. That is all you have to say. I tell you that I think I'm in love with my best friend who just so happens to be Todd Manning and all you can say is oh?", Evangeline said irritation written on her face.
"Calm down Vange. I'm just a little shocked is all. Personally I never thought you would own up to your feelings."
"What is that suppose to mean?"
"It means everyone and their mother could see that you and Todd cared for each other far beyond friendship. The question is what are you doing to do about it?"
"That is the question isn't it. Normally I would run away and bury my head in the sand and pretend I wasn't feeling what I was feeling. I don't want to do that anymore. I want Todd and damnit I'm going after him."
"What about Blair?" Layla asked trying to mask her concern.
"What about her?" Evangeline replied with a slight attitude.
"You know she is not going to let Todd go without a fight. She will do everything she can to make sure she is in the middle of your relationship with Todd."
Evangeline straightened her back and squared her shoulders. She turned to her sister and looked her in the eyes.
"I let a woman come between me and the man I loved because I was more concerned about doing the right thing instead of what was right for me. Well I say to hell with that. If Blair thinks she can intimidate me by saying how she and Todd have a history together than she has another thing coming. I'll play nice as long as she does, but the moment she steps out of line all bets fly out of the window. Blair will learn she is not the only one who can play dirty."
Layla could only stare in amazement at her sister. It had been some time since she saw that much passion in Evangeline's eyes.
"Wow Vange you have really fallen for this guy haven't you?"
"Yeah I have. I have never wanted anyone as much as I want Todd."
"When are you going to tell him?" Layla asked as she threw an arm around her sister.
"Well he promised to bring me dessert so tonight," Evangeline said with a shrug.
Pulling her sister into a hug, Allay said, "Go get him Vange."
Removing herself from Layla's arms, Evangeline's face was one of pleasant surprise.
"And if you need any help with Blair, I got your back," Layla said with a wicked grin.
"Thanks Lay, I really appreciate that," Evangeline said as she pulled her sister into another hug.
"Dear Playboy, what I thought would be a routine visit with a friend turned into so much more," Todd said with a devilish grin.
"You're such a perv Manning," Layla said rising from the bed.
"And still you love me," Todd said throwing an arm around Layla.
"As much as I would love to stay and bask in your presence, I have other plans," Layla said removing Todd's arm from around her shoulders.
"Are you sure you don't want to stay and have chocolate chip cheese cake with us," Todd asked waving a bag in front of him.
"Chocolate chip cheese cake Todd? My god, you're spoiling me!" Evangeline said with a huge grin.
"Yeah well I would spend every dime I have to get you to smile at like that," Todd said with a hint of huskiness in his voice.
Evangeline's breath caught in her throat as she saw repressed passion cloud Todd's eyes.
Starting to feel like an outsider, Layla reluctantly cleared her throat, interrupting Todd and Evangeline's intense starting contest.
"Well, I'm outta here guys. I'll see you tomorrow ok," Layla said as she kissed Evangeline's cheek.
"See you later Manning."
"Night Lay," Todd said as he hugged Layla like she was his little sister.
Once Layla was out of the room, Todd turned all his attention to Evangeline.
"Ok Ms. Williamson are you ready for your dessert," Todd said as he pulled the cheese cake and flatware from the bag.
"Yes, but first you and I need to talk," Evangeline said in a soft and serious tone.
Todd stiffened with concern.
"What do we need to talk about," he asked as he sat facing her on the bed.
Looking directly into his eyes, Evangeline replied, "Us."





Chapter End Notes:
"You are the brute squad."-The Princess Bride