Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So that woman has to make an apperance, but no worries there will be no lovey dovey for her.  I still don't own anything or anyone but Dr. Glasser and Randy which stinks.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


As soon as Todd's feet hit the penthouse, he made a beeline for the Scotch. The amber liquid barely hit his stomach before it was followed by more. After pouring himself a third drink, Todd slowly made his way to the couch. He relished the quiet before the shitstorm known as Blair blew into his home.
"Where the hell have you been Todd?" she asked clearly upset.
Although he seemed more interested in the glass in his hand than in Blair's question, Todd answered her trying to keep his emotions in check.
"I went to see Evangeline."
"Oh, is there any change?" Blair asked feigning concern.
"Yeah I'm sure you're real broken up inside," Todd said polishing off his drink.
"Todd I know Evangeline was important to you, but..."
"You know nothing about what Evangeline means to me," Todd said his voice dripping with venom.
"All I'm saying is you need to focus on your own recovery. Besides Evangeline has her own family and a man who loves her. There really isn't any room for you Todd."
Todd turned his back to his ex-wife so that he could hide the hurt her words put into his eyes.
"Why are you here?" Todd asked quickly changing the subject.
"I went to the hospital to check on you, only to be told you checked yourself out. Why would you do such a crazy thing?" Blair asked frustrated.
"Oh come on now Blair. When have I been known to do a sane thing?" Todd asked slightly amused by her growing annoyance with him.
"Todd I'm serious. Dr. Jay said you needed at least another day of bed rest. A collapsed lung is nothing to joke about. How do you think Starr or Jack would react to finding you passed out on the floor?" Blair said gesturing wildly.
"Oh cut the dramatics Blair I'm fine. Besides I can't help Evangeline from some hospital bed."
"So you're risking your health for Evangeline? Come on Todd, I've talked to Paige Miller. They aren't even sure if she will wake up. What could you possibly do?" Blair said in disbelief.
"I got Evangeline her sight back. I pretty damn sure I can wake her up from her little nap."
"I'm sorry I forgot the great Todd Manning can do anything," Blair said sarcastically.
"You used to think so," Todd said voiding his voice of all emotion. "Now if you don't mind, I have some calls to make," Todd said opening the penthouse door.
"Fine Todd. Try and play superhero for Evangeline. But the sooner you realize she isn't coming back, the better off you will be," Blair said enjoying her last dig.
Todd slammed the door as Blair's biting remark hung in the air. He went to his phone and began to feverishly dial numbers. He knew that it wouldn't be cheap getting Evangeline the help she needed, but if the price was to sell what little soul he had, he would gladly do just that to have her back in his world.
"I made you a promise Evangeline and I won't let you down again."





Chapter End Notes:
So.....give it to me straight does it suck??? If you think so please keep it to your self my fragile ego can only take so much.