Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you to all of you who take the time to read and review.

Your riviews keep me inspired to continue this fanfiction story.

I hope you will enjoy this chapter.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 21

 

Brandy, Kelly and Serena were sitting on the balcony laughing, talking and joking with one another. They sat and reminisced about when they first met, and how Serena use to wear the plaits with all of the barrettes and Brandy with her signature braids.

“Whatever guys, I had no control over how my momma did my hair, and besides it didn’t stop me from winning, deuces.” She laughed while holding up her two fingers, formerly know as the peace sign.

“Whatever, dude it still was not a good look at all.” Brandy said to Serena.

“Now, now Ms. Brandy let’s not talk about your bad hair days or should I say many, and you Ms. Kelly can’t say too much, we all have been on Bossip due to our bad lace front wigs.” Serena said indignantly, but with a smile.

“I digress, you’re right, we all have had some messed up hair styles. Changing the subject let me tell you about the new guy I met yesterday.” Kelly said in eager to tell Serena about Jamar.

“Yes let’s hear all about the sexy specimen, what’s his name, his age, how tall is he, is he fine, and gorgeous?” Serena enthusiastically asked Kelly.

“One question at a time; Yes he is fine and gorgeous, he’s 34 years old, about 6’1, sexy as sexy can be, and his name is Jamar.”

“Jamar who, what’s his last name?” Serena asked with hesitation.

“Stephens.” Kelly simply replied.

Serena who never thought she would hear that name again stared off into space for a few moments. How in the hell could this be happening to her, and why did Kelly have to be the one to meet him.

“Earth to Serena, hello where did your mind wander off too.” Both Kelly and Brandy said in a sing song voice.

“I’m here, I was just thinking about something, so what did the two of you do on your date, and when will you see him again?”

“We had dinner and then we went dancing at the club, the only bad thing I can say so far about him is, he can’t dance!” Kelly stated disapprovingly.

“Yeah I know.” Serena said absently.

“What do you mean you know?” a surprised Kelly asked Serena.

“Uhm, I just meant that I know how much that bothers you, when a man is not a good dancer.” Serena offered as she tried to clean up her mistake.

Kelly not really satisfied with her friends answer just looked at Serena but decided to leave it alone for the moment. However she felt uncomfortable some reason with the way Serena was looking off into space like a zombie. Kelly knew Serena very well and she was not one who was ever lost for words, but some reason they were lost to her at this moment.

Brandy feeling the tension in the air between Kelly and Serena decided it was best change the subject to something that less strained. “So how’s your foot, I was surprised when you withdrew from the Australian Open.” A concerned Brandy asked.

Serena looked up at her friend and replied, “It’s okay, I just didn’t want reinjure my foot with all of the intensive training I would have to endure to get in shape.”

“Well I can most certainly understand that. How’s the fam?”

“Everybody is good; how’s your family? I have to come and see my girl Sy’rai; it’s so hard since I don’t live in LA anymore.”

“I know you and Kelly have left me to go in live in the MIA, but it’s all good.”

“You know I spend a lot of time in LA, and I always make a point to see you and baby girl.” Kelly replied.

I know I just miss you guys a lot.”

“We miss you too, speaking of which how are you and Maks going to deal with living on two different coasts? It didn’t work for Rick Fox or Vanessa Williams.” A concerned Serena questioned her friend.

“I really don’t know, but I do know I love Maks deeply and I want to be with him, however this is something we will have to work out.”

“Hell Maks can’t be without you for a few minutes, how is he going to handle the distance? Maks is too impatient, and jealous to be in a long distance relationship. You better get ready to pack up and move to NYC.” Kelly replied.

“Maybe he should pack up his stuff and move to LA.” Serena saucily replied.

“Hey, I don’t know what we will do, but I hope it works out for the best.” Brandy responded back.

“Did you ask him about the pictures you seen of him with that Joan lady, while we were in the airport?” A concerned Kelly questioned.

“No I haven’t, I need too, but I feel like why would he go through all of the trouble to devise this plan with you and Ray, but still have a chick on the side. I’m trying to be mature about this and not jump to conclusions; however I did see those photos with my own two eyes.” Brandy confessed.

“What pictures are you referring to?” A confused Serena questioned.

“While we were waiting for our connecting flight in New York, we came across a photo of Maks looking cozy with some hot chick and the caption said something to the effect that Maks reunites with his on again and off again girlfriend Joan.” Kelly explained to Serena.

“What! And you haven’t confronted him about that photo? I’m not trying to get in your business, but Brandy you can’t ignore that picture.” A shocked Serena replied.

Brandy looked at her friend, and she knew she was coming from a good place, but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to rock the boat between her and Maks. “I know, but the issue I want to deal with first is with Erin Andrews, and her pettiness. Girlfriend has been tripping over Maks and her twitter followers are sending my followers crazy tweets. It’s insane and childish. Why are you chasing a man who has made it very clear that he doesn’t want you, but yet you still chase him?” Brandy vented to her friends.

“Can I ask you a question, Bran?” Kelly asked.

“Sure, what is it?

“Did Maks sleep with Erin?”

Brandy not wanting to make her man look bad, but at the same time these were her girls, whom she trusted to be brutally honest with her, and she didn’t want to lie. “Yes he said it was only one time, and I know where you are going with this, because I told Maks the same thing. Erin is in love with him, and sleeping with her only intensified her feelings, and she will do whatever she can to get him to be with her. I feel sorry for her, but it’s not my fault that Maks and I fell in love with each other.” Brandy took a deep breath and continued her rant.

“Maks loves Erin, but only as a friend, and we know that men can be foolish when it comes to sex. They know how to separate their feelings from the physical and the emotional. However, we as women tie the two together and that is how we end with a situation like this.”

“Amen, I agree that when a woman has sex with a man she becomes emotionally attached, but you know what sometimes I feel like you have to do what Uncle Steve said, “Think Like a Man and Act Like a Lady”. Serena joked but was also dead serious.

“Right, you aint never lied Serena, if Erin would have just looked at sleeping with Maks as a chance to have good sex with a good looking man and nothing else, then she wouldn’t have gotten hurt, but would have had one hell of a time.” Kelly said to her friends.

“I think she fell in love with before they ever slept together. Maks has a way of making a woman feel as if she is the one in the room at that moment. At least that happened for me, and I tried to fight my feelings, but when he approached me to sleep with him, baby it was a rap. I regretted it, but I enjoyed it and it only intensified my feelings for him. If he hadn’t confessed to me that he loved me, then I would have thought of him only as man slut with no regards for women feelings.” Brandy confessed.

“I hear what you are saying, Bran but I would almost bet; that Erin asked Maks to sleep with her, and Maks thinking she was attractive wasn’t going to say no. the difference is Maks did the chasing with you, and Erin chased him; men do not like to be chased they like to do the chasing.” Kelly replied.

“They sure do, that is their nature to chase and they like when a woman plays a little hard to get, not a whole lot, but just a little.” Serena agreed with Kelly.

“True, but Erin has better get over him quickly, because this is getting on my nerves, I just want to be happy and move past all this crap of DWTS and who Maks should be with and did I sabotage his relationship with Erin.”

“But you did in a sense, because those crazies want to believe that, and as long as they believe that; you are always going to be a home wrecker. So just get over it, and deal with Erin accordingly, because this does cause for a woman to woman conversation.” Kelly told her.

“I agree. Not meaning to change the subject but what’s up for tonight, I feel like Stella and I want to get my grove back.” Serena said while cracking up at her own joke.

Brandy and Kelly were laughing as well and the tension from earlier forgotten, and the three women were back to a place familiarity.

The women were still laughing when one of the balcony doors opened and Val stepped out onto the Balcony looking fine as ever. Val looked at each woman and then his eyes landed back on Kelly only this time with a smirk. Kelly looked back at him and then mouthed the words ‘screw you’ to him. However, Val being Val voiced his response for her friends to hear.

“Sure, Kelly anytime, and any place. Last night wasn’t enough for you, or do you just need more? I aim to please to you.” Val said smugly.

Kelly’s face felt warm from embarrassment, due to his candid remarks. She could feel Brandy and Serena looking at her and then at Val. She knew they were going to want details about what Val was referring to, but hell she didn’t even know what the hell this was between them. She was confused, horny and did she say confused.

Val sensing Kelly’s humiliation decided to save her, and he turned to Serena and said to her, “Hello Serena, it’s nice to meet you, I think you are one of the best athletes in my book you and you sister.” He said walking over to her shaking her hand.

“Thank you and it’s a pleasure to meet you as well. So Val can I ask you question, because I have a feeling you will be honest with sister. Are you and Kelly getting it on?” Serena asked Val but was looking at Kelly.

Brandy feeling the tension making a comeback quickly intervened. “Of course not, Val is like his brother and he loves to get a reaction from people based on his lewd remarks.” Brandy was shooting daggers at Val, to play along with her theory, to clean up the mess he started.

“I was just kidding, and Brandy is right I just did it for the shock value. I love to play with Kelly. Val said, and he looked at Kelly when he said the word play.

Kelly not missing Val’s innuendo when he said he loved to play with her, looked quickly at Serena to see if she caught it; she was relieved when it went over her head, but what she wasn’t counting on was Brandy catching it. Brandy looked at her and smirked and shook her head in disbelief.

“So Val what’s up for tonight, and would you like to be my date?” Serena said to Val.

Val looked briefly at Kelly and said, “I would love to, and now I want feel like a third wheel this evening.”

“Exactly, since Kelly has hooked with a cutie here on the Island, whom I can’t wait to meet. What did you say his name was again?” Serena asked Kelly.

“Jamar Stephens.” Kelly replied.

“Tonight should be very interesting, if nothing else.” Serena replied more to herself than to the group.

Brandy getting that feeling in the pit of stomach was not looking forward to tonight’s festivities. “Yep tonight should be real fun.” She said replied drily.

“I can’t wait.” Kelly Responded sarcastically.

 

 

“I have a weird feeling in the pit of stomach.” Brandy confided to Maks.

“Why, what’s bothering you?”

“I can’t explain it, but I have a feeling some ish is about to go down between Kelly, Jamar, Serena, and Val. There was crazy tension between Serena and Kelly earlier today, and for some reason I think it has to do with Jamar.” Brandy explained to Maks.

“Why would there be tension with Kelly and Serena about Jamar, does Serena know him? And what does my brother have to do with situation?”

“I’m not sure if she knows him, but the way she was acting earlier sure seems like it. I hope, no let me rephrase it, I pray that this is not someone Serena has known intimately. Your brother is tripping with Kelly, I don’t know what went down with them last night, but he was insinuating that there was a little playing around between. Kelly’s facial expressions pretty much told me he was not lying.”

“What? I know my brother has a crush on Kelly, but I never thought she would let him get close enough. Wow, I’m shocked, but fascinated. As far as Serena and Kelly go we just have to keep a close eye that nothing crazy happens.” Maks pulled Brandy into his arms and held her close, breathing in deeply the scent of her hair; that smelled like strawberries.

“Maks, can I ask you a question, and I want you to be completely honest with me, and don’t try to protect me from what you think I can’t handle.” Brandy said to him as she wrapped her arms tighter around his waist, and looked deeply in his chocolate brown eyes.

“Okay, ask me, and I promise to be completely honest with you.”

Brandy took a deep breath and decided what did she have to lose by asking him about Joan Killury. “Who is Joan Killury and what is she to you?” She asked while holding her breath.

Maks stepped back from Brandy and he looked her straight in her eyes and said, “She was someone I was dating before I went to LA to do DWTS, we were never serious, but I know Joni hoped we would become more serious. I saw her when she came to my studio on evening and she and I grabbed a bite to eat, and we were photographed together that night. Surprisingly Joni is rooting for us, because she realized how much I loved you. She is not a threat to you, and I would love for the two of you to meet someday.” Maks honestly confessed to Brandy.

“Thank you for being completely honest with me, it means so much to me, and it lets me know I can trust you.” She reached up and kissed him on the lips.

“I learned my lesson from not being completely honest with you. I want to build a life with you, and I know you need to trust me. I love you and I need you, so much baby, I can’t imagine you not being in my life, it seems as if we have known each other for a lifetime.”

“I feel the same way, and I’m so glad I asked you so I can stop wondering if you were cheating on me.”

“Come on let’s play before dinner.” Maks said as he lifted her and carried her into their bedroom to make love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think of Serena? Do you think that Serena and Kelly will

fallout over Jamar? And what about that naughty Val?? Please review

your comments mean so much to me.