Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here is chapter 5! I hope to have 6 up later today. Bear with me I am trying to get

the cast pics uploaded, but I am having a hard time. Can someone give me a hand. Would 

someone like to create a banner for this, would so appreciate. Enjoy ladies!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 5

“So what’s on your mind, Maks? You have been so quiet, and that is so not you,” asked Erin.

Maks looked at Erin and shrugged his shoulders, and replied. “Nothing much, just a little exhausted from all the traveling I’ve been doing. I just got back from Moscow with my brother Val, he had a dance competition there.”

“Maks I know you, you love to have a lot on your plate, because you love to stay busy, but this is different, something or someone is bothering you.”

Maks looked around the crowded restaurant where he and Erin were having lunch, He loved coming to Nobu , because he loved Japanese cuisine and they had the best rock shrimp.

“I am a little disappointed, I’ve been expecting a phone call from Brandy, but she still hasn’t called me back. I asked her to come and visit me, but she said she is too busy this weekend to come.”

“Maks, can I ask you question?”

“Yeah sure go ahead.”

“Why happened with us? You really didn’t try, every time I tried to get close to you, you held back from me. It doesn’t take a rocket sciencetist to know that I love you.”

“Erin don’t do this today, I can’t help the way I feel, I think of you as a sister, and that’s all. Look I don’t want to hurt you, but all I want from you is friendship.”

Erin held her head down, and then she looked up at Maks, and said. “I love you and I think I always will, but shame on Brandy for not recognizing how deep your feelings are for her!”

“Watch what you say about Brandy, she has been through a lot with the accident, bad relationships, and I have to tread slowly or I will push her away completely.”

“I guess what I’ve been through was all fun and games, my life has been no piece of pie Maks. The first thing you see when you Google me is those peephole pictures, I still cry sometimes just thinking how my privacy was invaded.”

“Erin I know you have been put through hell and back, but don’t play the victim. Your career was not affected by your issues, like the accident did Brandy’s. There are people calling her a murderer, and the investigation proved that Brandy did not cause the woman’s death, but people want to still believe what they want. I have been out in public with her and witnessed for myself the cruelty of others, listen Erin….. (Maks was interrupted by his phone, he looked at the screen and saw that it was Brandy) excuse me he said getting up from the table, but I have to take this call.”

Maks answered the phone while proceeding outside the restaurant.

“Hello,” he answered.

“Hey Maks, it’s me Brandy. How are you?”

“Not so good,” he replied sullenly.

“What’s wrong Maks,” Brandy hesitantly asked.

“You know what’s wrong with me, I wanted to see you this weekend, but you’re too busy,” he remarked sarcastically.

“I want to see you, so that’s why I am on my way to LAX to catch a 2:15 flight to JFK. Can you pick me up? My flight lands at about seven tonight.”

“Really, you’re coming?, you are not playing a joke on me, are you?”

No, silly I am not playing with you. I really am coming to spend time with my friend.”

Maks  chest tightened when she said the F word.

“Friends, so is that all I am to you?”

“We are friends Maks, In fact I consider you to be one of my best friends. Why is that a problem for you?”

“You know I want to test the waters and be more than just friends, Brandy.”

“Maks lets just take it one step at a time, I have a lot of baggage, I have daughter who is first in my life, and I want to be a good example for her. Can you please try and understand? I really do care for you, but I have to be careful, I don’t want to get hurt, or hurt you!”

“Baby, I do understand. I can’t wait to see you in a few hours”.

“Me too,” she whispered.

“Bye,” he said.

“Bye, Maks.”

Maks headed back in the restaurant with a smile on his face, he asked the waiter for the bill, and then went back to the table, where a fuming Erin waited.

“What took you so long, Maks? That was just damn rude!” Erin spat bitterly.

“It was an important call, look I don’t have time to argue with you, I have to go, something important came up. I’ll call you next week, okay.”

Maks leaned over the table and gave Erin a kiss on her cheek.

“Wait Maks, let’s get together tonight or tomorrow night,” Erin pleaded.

“I can’t, got plans. See you later.”

Erin sat there dejectedly as the love of her life walked carefree out the restaurant without glancing back. Tears ran down her face, and she knew at that moment she would never hold the key to Makism Chmerkovskiy heart. His heart belonged to Brandy, damn her and Dancing with the Stars, thought Erin.