Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 1

Present Day


She's going to be mine. Yep, she's not going to know what hit her.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just thinking to myself and staring at the love of my life dancing across the room. She's so pretty. Damn, she looks sexy. She really looked good in that short ruffled denim skirt, paired with a silver sequined halter top and a pair of the sexiest silver and crystal high heeled sandals that I had ever seen. Her hair was cut in a chin length bob that looked great on her. I loved everything about her.

I should have known she was going to be here to celebrate her cousin's engagement. The groom, her cousin was my best friend. I envied what Jordan (the groom) and Carina had. I wanted that and I would not stop until I got it. I just had to make her realize it.

By the way, my name is Sebastian Langley, youngest son of the world famous record executive Herb Langley and socialite Daphne Cooper Langley. My father has worked with some of the best in the business and he doesn't let anyone forget it. Thanks to my mother's inheritance and my father's business acumen, my brothers and I have always had the best of everything...best schools, clothes, vehicles, vacations. I just never had the best parents. But, I won't go there.

My older brothers Parker and Randall stayed within the "family business". Parker, my older brother, is a top music executive for Soho Records and Randall,(the mid-kid, as my father says) is an entertainment lawyer.

Me? Well, I didn't follow in my brother's footsteps. I got the medicine bug in high school and I loved chemistry, so I decided to go to med school. I was fascinated with healing and helping others, and because of those reasons, I am a neurosurgical resident at City Hospital in Miami. I know, totally the opposite direction of my brothers, but it was what I wanted and I am happy with my decision. To say that my parents were a bit surprised at my career choice is an understatement and I will explain why.

I have always loved music. I love everything...hip hop, r&b, jazz, reggae, classical, rock and roll, alternative. I also play the piano, drums and the guitar. You see, my parents were trying to create the next pop icon, the next great musical sensation, but there were a few problems with this. One, I couldn't sing to save my soul.  Actually, I sound like shit smells. Two, I was no prodigy. I had no natural talent. I know what I liked, but I was no Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles.

When I stated that my parents were surprised, pissed would be the correct word to use. I had the best musical teachers in the world and trust me, they were expensive, and my mother always reminded me of that. That woman has a nerve. She spends money like it's water on silly things, but was pissed when I decided not to go into music. After I explained to my parents why I did not want to be the next "big thing", my mother was delighted. She was excited that there would be a doctor in the family. She was less excited when I told that I would not be a plastic surgeon, but I was interested in neurosurgery. She griped, but in the end she supported me, all of us, in anything we wanted to do. Yeah, my mother could spend a mil in an hour, but she always had our back, bitching and moaning the whole time of course.  My moms always supported our endeavors, no matter how much she didn’t want to.

My sperm donor on the other hand was ticked off. He told me some crap, that although being a doctor is a "noble and respected profession," that it was not a cool profession or as creative as a music. He went on to say that I would not be happy and would be bored out of my mind and it would not last because I loved the party life. Music was in my blood and I would regret my decision.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good party. I attend and throw as many as I can. But somewhere along the way, music became a one of my loves and not a passion, like medicine and I was always taught to follow my passions. Besides, I saw what the music industry did to my father and what it is doing to my brothers, and I want no part of that. I never, ever want to be anything like my father, because, well, he's an ass. A self-righteous, self-absorbed, prick who has a PhD in manipulation and a Master's in lying. But, I don't want to go there.

Like I said, I am used to the best. I am also used to getting what I want and I want, no, I need her. I am my father's son after all. This crap has gone on long enough.

I guess I can tell you about the first time I met her. Yeah, I will start there.

May 1995

Jordan Carter and I grew up together in Miami, Florida. Jordan's father, Dr. Morris Carter, is one of the top thoracic surgeons in the country (he started my medical bug). Jordan's mom, Tanya Carter is one of the best interior decorators in the country. Like me, Jordan and his 16 year old sister Tiffany grew up wealthy.

One more thing. Jordan is black and I am white. I just thought you would like to know. But back to the story.

It was our high school graduation night from Montclair Prep and I was throwing the best party in Miami. Funkmaster Flex deejayed and there was every type of delicacy known to man being served. My party was jumping. My parties are legendary. My father didn't spend a lot of time with me, but he sure knew how to spend his money on me. Also, he always found a way to make himself become the center of attention. But, that is another story for another time. I 'm getting off the subject.

Jordan informed me that Tiffany was bringing their little cousin who just moved from Georgia to the party. His aunt went through a bad divorce and Tiffany wanted to cheer her cousin up. They were staying in Jordan's guesthouse, which was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1900 square foot ranch house. Talk about a nice guesthouse. Oh, my bad, I'm doing it again.

I had adopted Tiffany as my sister. She hung around us so much that I had no choice. She called me 3B for big brother Bas.  Don't ask. I didn't mind that she invited her. The more girls, the merrier is what I always said. Besides, Tiff had already invited the entire 162 sophomore class to the party. What was one more?

I was bopping my head to LL Cool J's "Rock The Bells," and whispering in Linnette Morrison's ear. She was one of my regular booty calls and I was telling her what she wanted to hear so I could get what I wanted later that evening. She walked away with a smile. Jordan and a few other guys were standing with me talking when Tiffany walked up with Jessica and the cutest girl I had ever seen.

She was "5'5 with brown eyes, smile like a sunrise, body like heaven," (hey, what can I say, I love music). My heart began to beat extremely fast as I looked her over. All I could think about was how beautiful her skin was. She was darker than Tiffany and Jordan's light caramel. She was a nutmeg brown, with dark brown, shoulder length hair and she had a cute frame. She was sooo fine (yeah, white boys know what fine is and how to use it). She wore a peach, pink and tan striped bikini that looked beautiful against her dark skin and a tan, fishnet sarong. She seemed shy standing next to Tiffany and big mouth Jessica. I gave her my best smile and she smiled shyly back.

"J, look who's here," Tiffany replied. Jordan smiled widely and picked up the brown cutie pie, hugged her tight and set her back on her feet.

"Kee-kee, how are you doing?" he asked with concern.

"Oh, I'm okay. As well as I can be. But enough about me. You are going to be a Hoya, huh?" she asked. I looked at Tiffany and she poked her tongue out and hit me on the shoulder.

"Yeah, it's all good," he replied.

"3B, this is my cousin Kaiya Walker. Kaiya, this Sebastian, the other half of J," Tiffany replied and we all laughed. I was nudged in the ribs by Jordan and followed his line of sight to a sexy caramel skinned girl and I laughed. Jordan smiled.

"Wait I see something...I mean, someone I gotta talk to. I'll be right
back, lil cous. Bas, keep these fools away from my lil cous," Jordan replied and walked off. Tiffany and Jessica went to dance and left Kaiya with me.

"It would be my pleasure," I replied, giving her one of my sexiest smiles. She smiled shyly at me and I knew I was a goner. I liked the fact that she was shy. Shy girls turned me on and it was rare to encounter one in my world. Most of the girls (or women, for that matter) that I met were not shy. They were extremely bold and wanted to get with me because of my looks, my money and my name, not entirely in that order.

"Hi Kaiya, nice to meet you. Call me Bas," I replied shaking her hand. She had soft hands as I looked down into her sexy brown eyes (hey, I'm 6'2, I usually look down at people). Most of my friends, male and female call me Bas or Basti (and some of the females take off the "I" and replace it with "ard") but that's not really important. Let's continue.

I told her to call me Bas, but she rarely did. She called me Sebastian and I loved the way it sounded coming from her lips, especially when ...no, I can't talk about that just yet. Sorry.

"Okay. It's nice to meet you, too. Tiffany has told me a lot about you," she replied looking into my eyes, then looking at her feet.

"Really? What has she said?" I asked.

"That your dad is Herb Langley and that you are the most popular guy in Miami and that you and J were jam tight and you were a good friend and a good big brother and....", she replied looking away.

"And?" I asked.

"That you were the most notorious player in Miami, besides J," she replied and I laughed.

"That's all true, to an extent. I know Tiffany didn't use those words and that you are being nice," I replied making her laugh. She was so cute, I thought.

That's when I moved in with the flirting.

"Kaiya, I like that. It's cute, like you," I replied giving her a dimpled grin. She blushed and smiled.

"Thank you," she replied.

"So, Georgia huh?" I asked to get her talking.

"Yeah, Ashcroft, Georgia. Not much, but I'm going to miss it. I am really excited about being in Miami," she replied.

"That's good. Miami is definitely glad to have a sweet Georgia peach like you," I replied and she laughed blushing and looking around the party.  I was in absolute flirt mode now.

"You don't know if I'm sweet," she replied blushing and flirting a little.

"Oh, yeah, I know you are. You are very, very sweet.  I can tell," I replied smiling at her.

"You know, peaches are my favorite fruit," I replied walking directly in front of her, and staring into those "Pretty Brown Eyes" (I love music).

"Really. I like peaches and oranges, but I absolutely love strawberries," she replied looking into my eyes.

"Me too, but not as much as I love peaches. I can eat peaches all day, all the time, especially sweet ones. I like to eat the peach to the middle and then suck the pit, suck some of the juice and then eat the rest. Mmmm, it's so good," I replied licking my lips slowly and she laughed nervously and backed away from me. Most girls would have grabbed me by the hand and asked me to leave after that line, but not Kaiya. I stared at her until she looked away. A few guys looked at her and I gave them the "step off" look and they walked away. She cleared her throat and changed the subject. She was pretty innocent, I thought.

"Interesting. This is a beautiful house. It must be nice to live in a house this incredible," she replied. I continued to look her over and replied.

"Thanks, but it's just a house.”  That's how I felt. It never felt like a home to me.

"So, how do you like Miami?" I asked, checking out her curvy little frame. I made sure she knew I was giving her the once over and when she realized it, she tightened her sarong. I wanted to laugh and tell her that her sarong didn't cover up much. I could see those sexy hips and those fine brown thighs and that cute, round ass.

Then it became weird. Usually at this point in the conversation, I'm literally talking a girl out of her panties, (hey, I'm good) but I didn't want to do that with her. I wanted to get to know her, which is weird, because I usually don't like getting to know girls I date, mainly because of the way my father behaves with my mother (I know, Psych 101. I have issues, but, I'm trying--just bear with me).

Oh, and by the way, I never liked those rail thin, stick figure chicks that are very popular in Miami. You know who I'm talking about, the girls that wear a size -2 and think that 115 pounds is fat...on a girl that's 5'9. They don't eat meat, salad, or solid foods for that matter. They get full on air and Perrier and for dessert, they put their fingers down their throat. I love women with nice, round asses and curvy hips. Dont' get me wrong, I have dated girls of all races, but I prefer to date black women. I love the different skin tones and the bodies, oh man, I love their bodies. Back to the story.

"I like it. I just miss home, that's all," she replied.

"I feel you, but a sweet little thing like you is going to make lots of friends. You already have one," I replied smiling at her, meaning every word. She smiled back.

"So, whenever you get settled, come over with J or Tiff. We can hang out," I replied, the wheels in my head turning.

"Okay, and thank you," she replied in that sweet, sexy voice of hers.  This girl was incredible.  Tiffany pulled her away to dance and I replied, "Nice meeting you Kaiya. I'll be seeing you."

"Nice meeting you too," she replied as Jordan walked bak to me smiling and holding a slip of paper in his hands.

"Caramel delight's digits, huh," I replied knowingly, crossing my arms.

"Yep," Jordan replied.

I finger waved, winked and gave Kaiya my sexiest smile when she caught my eye. She blushed and smiled that shy smile that was driving me crazy. She was absolutely adorable and a breath of fresh air. I wanted, no I needed, to get to know this girl.

"J, your little cousin, man, you've been holding out on me. She's a cutie pie and fine as hell. How long is she gonna be here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I know, Bas, and she's going to MP, and she wants to attend college here too, " he replied looking at me knowingly.

"What?" I asked, thinking of my next move.

"Bas, she's cute and fine and I know she is what you like, but bro, she's 16 years old. I know what you are thinking because we share a brain. Listen, when she's 18 and legal, then you can step to her. Don’t you start playing Casa"ho"va with my lil cous. For now, chill with that. My cousin is not like the girls that we have ran through all these years. She's dealing with her parent's divorce and I don't want her hurt. Besides, I don't want to have to put my size 12 up your ass, so B, chill, for real. She needs friends right now, alright," he replied.

"Okay, but I could just be her friend," for now, I thought.

"Yeah, right," Jordan replied.

He didn't say that I couldn’t get to know her. I decided on a game plan as I watched her dance across the floor. So many thoughts went through my head as I watched her dance. I would chill and be this girl's friend. It was going to be hard, but I would do it. If anything, I am persistent and very patient when I want something and I definitely wanted the cutie pie named Kaiya Walker...bad.