Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Kaiya and I were totally exhausted from our honeymoon, which was incredible. Although I had previously been to both France and Hawaii, on several occasions, it was cool to see both places through Kaiya's eyes. We took tons of pictures and bought tons of souvenirs. We couldn't keep our hands off each other. We made love...everywhere and anytime we could. Kaiya's pretty much an indoor girl, but being the freak that I am, I ended up convincing Kaiya that making love outside was something that she had to experience. I wore that woman out. I'm worn out, but I'm happy. Kaiya would blush and smile...it was so cute...when someone would address her as Mrs. Langley. We were still trying to get used to it, but I have to admit...I loved when someone addressed her as Mrs. Langley, too.

I still had a three day hiatus before I had to go back to the hospital. I was pretty excited about going back to work. Don't get me wrong...I love my wife and I love the time that I spent with her, but I love my job! I love healing and treating people. I mean, I lose patients...not many, but I do lose them. However, when I complete an operation and I check on that patient, and I find that my hands helped them live...it's the best feeling in the world. So, I'm ready to get back to my J.O.B.

Kaiya rested her head on my shoulder during the limo ride from the airport. I kissed her on the top of her head and gave her a once over. She wasn't dressed to impress, but I thought she looked beautiful. She had on a pair of faded, hip huggers, a mint yellow, 3/4 sleeve scooped neck jersey t-shirt, and a pair of green, yellow and pink Kangaroos. I pulled my red and white trucker cap down on my head.

"I had a wonderful time, Sebastian, but I am so glad to be home," Kaiya replied.

"Me too, sweetness. When I saw the "Welcome to Miami" sign at the airport, I wanted to kiss the ground. It's cool to travel, but there is absolutely no place like home," I stated.

"Yeah...when can we go back to Paris and Hawaii? I know you have to check and get someone to cover your shifts, but, baby, it was awesome," she replied.

"As soon as I get some time off, but, I really wanted to take you to the Bahamas and Grand Cayman. You would love it. Both places are so beautiful," I replied.

"Surprise me. I had so much fun...not to mention you turned me out on the balcony...and the beach...and the wall at that cute little cafe', and..." Kaiya looked up at me and shook her head, but I interrupted her.

"I can't help it, babygirl. I just can't get enough of you," I smiled and she kissed me on the lips, passionately. I smiled as she kissed me.

"See, you keep doing that and I'm going to...," I began, but Kaiya interrupted me.

"Do what you did to me in the cab ride from the Eiffel Tower?" she asked. I laughed.

"No...I'm going to do worse, so behave," I replied, because we were both tired. Kaiya pecked me on the lips and rested her head against me.

"Perv," she replied.

"Sexy ass woman. I love you, baby," I said.

"I love you too...with your nasty behind," she said, after yawning, closing her eyes and drifting to sleep. I yawned as well, but I couldn't fall asleep. I still had a few surprises for Kaiya and I couldn't wait to see her expression.

The limo finally stopped in a circular driveway. I whispered to Kaiya to wake up, and she rubbed her eyes, and stretched like a cat.

"Before we get out, I need you to close your eyes," I replied.

"Close my eyes? I was just asleep and you want me to close my eyes again? Wake up, close your eyes. Make up your mind. Crazy man," she whispered. The limo driver opened the door and I stepped out, helping Kaiya out of the limo. I put my right hand over her eye and walked behind her with my left hand on her waist.

"Okay, open your eyes," I whispered as my right hand went off her eyes. I put my chin on her shoulder and wrapped both of my arms around her waist. We were standing in front of a dark tan stucco, 2 story home.

"Ooh, this is a beautiful house. Okay...why are we here?" she asked.

"Because this is our house. Surprise," I replied kissing her on the cheek.

"This is...our house?" Kaiya asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"I thought you didn't want to leave the condo?" Kaiya asked. We had a huge argument two months ago about where we would live. Kaiya wanted to look for a house, but I told her I loved my condo and I didn't want to leave just yet. It was 10 minutes away from the ER and, well, it was awesome. Sue me, but I loved my condo. I turned her around and looked down into her eyes.

"I know, but my mom gave me this land as an engagement gift 3 months ago, and she kept hinting that it was the perfect spot to build a house. Well, I thought about the argument we had and I changed my mind. I wasn't being fair to you. The condo was mine, but you wanted something that was ours. You wanted a house, and I want you happy. I hired the best builder in Florida and this is what he did. It'll be finished in a month. So, what do you think?" I asked her. Kaiya smiled and tears started to fall. I wiped her tears away with the pad of my right thumb.

"Baby, it's...what I wanted," she replied.

"I know. So, are we gonna stand out her and look at the outside, or do you want to go in?" I asked. Kaiya screamed.

"Ahh! Yes, let's go in!!" Kaiya ran to beveled glass door. I caught up with her and opened the door. I picked her up and carried her over the threshold.

"Boy, if you want to use your back again, you would put me down," Kaiya replied. I placed her safely on her feet.

"You're not heavy, Kaiya," I replied as she let out a huge gasp. She looked around and jumped up and down. Then, she forgot I was even there and ran from room to room. I eventually caught up with her upstairs and we looked at the entire house. It was nice now, but it was going to be an awesome house when it was finished. We were back on the first floor and Kaiya walked up to me and jumped on me. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my waist. I held her underneath her behind and she placed kisses all over my face.

"Thank you, thank you. 5 bedrooms, 5 1/2 baths, 3 fireplaces, a pool, a Jacuzzi, marble countertops...I could go on. Can we afford this baby?" Kaiya asked, looking down into my eyes.

"Yes, trust me. Me not wanting to sell the condo was not about money. It was about my love of the condo, but I see how much you love this house, and the condo is history," I replied. Kaiya jumped out of my arms and smiled.

"I'm so happy. I really want to thank you," she replied, licking her lips. I loved when she did that and she knew I did. Kaiya began to pull off her shirt. She let it fall on the floor. She stood in a black lacy bra.

"Uh, thank me, huh?" I asked as she pulled off her jeans. I saw my sexy, half naked woman walk towards me and push me against the wall.

"Yeah. Maybe the fresh paint and the smell of newness is making me horny, but I really want you," she whispered, standing on tip toe to kiss me.

"Well, I always give you your way. No need to stop now," I replied, picking her up, holding her black bikini clad behind and bringing her into the kitchen...on the marble counters...in our uncompleted house...to rock her world. Damn, I was a freak.

After we finished, we walked outside and I stared at my wife.

"Now that's what I call christening a house," I replied.

"Sho' ya right. That was really...whew," Kaiya stated. I took her hand and kissed it.

"Yeah, I know. I've created a monster. Don't you realize that there is more to a relationship than great sex, young lady," I said, sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know there is, but phenomenal, mind blowing, multiple orgasm, tingling toes, cross eyed sex cancels out everything else," Kaiya replied.

"I'm rubbing off on you. Oh, shit, what have I done?" I asked. Kaiya laughed as she spotted a red car in the driveway.

"Wait a minute---I didn't recognize that when we came in," Kaiya stated, walking towards the car.

"Maybe because you charged into the house," I replied with a smile.

"Oh, yeah, that's right," Kaiya stated with a smile.

"Now, I know you love driving my Beemer, and I love you...but, I hate when you drive my car," I replied as Kaiya gave me a dirty look.

"The Beemer, not me, baby. You are so nasty," I said, mimicking her voice. She laughed.

"No, let me continue. I hate when you drive my car because you change my mirrors, you never put the seat back the way it was, you leave lipstick and shit all over my car and you always change the radio," I said.

"Well, I love you too. To hell with you, Sebastian," Kaiya exclaimed.

"To hell with me? Well, since you feel that way, I guess I'll take your new car back to the dealership," I replied, pulling out the keys to her brand new 2007 red BMW M6 convertible. Kaiya ran her hand over the hood and smiled at me. She walked over to me slowly and pulled my head down to hers and gave me a slow, passionate kiss.

"You're welcome," I whispered, after the kiss, holding her waist. I gave her the keys and she climbed into the drivers seat. She ran her hand over the tan, butter soft leather and played with all the accessories and the XM radio.

"How do I look?" Kaiya asked, posing behind the wheel.

"Like a hot woman, in a hot car," I replied.

"What am I gonna do with my car?" Kaiya asked. She currently drove a red 2002 Toyota Solara convertible. It was a nice car, but it wasn't a BMW. Besides, now she would keep her bad driving, albeit sexy ass out of my car. Everyone wins.

"We can sell it or donate it," I replied, knowing instantly which option she would prefer.

"I'd rather donate it, to a single mom or a student, ya know. I don't want some six figure, non-profit administrator to get it, so make sure they don't," Kaiya replied. I love this woman.

"No problem. So, sexy, you gonna give me a ride home?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm married...but you are cute," she replied.

"Lucky man. Yeah, I see that rock on your hand. But, what your man don't know won't hurt him," I whispered.

"I'm a good woman, I don't cheat," she said.

"And I'm a damn good man...especially where it counts," I replied with a devilish grin. She gave me a slow once over. I pulled my short sleeved red tee down over my long sleeved white tee and posed.

"I don't usually do this, but, damn, you are fine. What the hell? Get in," she said. I plopped into the passenger's seat and we pulled away from our house.

*********************************************************
We were two month old newlyweds and, I had to admit, married life was the shit. I didn't have to hear Kaiya complain about us going to hell for fornicating, living in sin and shacking up. We could have as much sex as we wanted because we were right in the eyes of God and I didn't have to hear, "We're going to hell in a hand basket" from my wife.

Jordan and Carina's wedding was incredible and the bachelor party was the shit, if I do say so myself. Jordan got a little shitfaced at the party, so we had to sober him up before Carina killed him and cancelled the wedding. Good thing it was a pm wedding, so he had time to sober up and sleep it off. They were as happy as ever.

Shopzilla and Mama Dee helped Kaiya decorate the hell out of our house. I wanted no part of it when Kaiya asked me what I wanted. I just let her know that I didn't want flowers or paisley under my ass when I sleep. I'm a guy, I'm simple. I had to admit, I loved the house. We had a lot more room and it was only an extra 10 minutes to the ER. Life was good.

A week after Thanksgiving, I was reviewing CT scans as usual. My beeper went off and I called the ER. Nurse Johnson asked me to come to the ER immediately because Kaiya had just came in...as a patient. I threw the film down and ran out of Neuro.

When I arrived in the ER, Nurse Johnson pointed to the cubicle where Kaiya was and Tiffany and Carina were with her. Kaiya was lying back on the bed and she looked drained. I kissed Tiffany and Carina on the cheek and walked over to the side of the bed and pulled up a stool next to my wife. I leaned over and gave her a soft kiss.

"Sweetness, what are you doing here? What happened?" I asked as I began to take her vitals.

"Baby, they did that already," Kaiya whispered. She looked tired.

"I want to check myself. Hush," I replied as I finished. I put my hand on her brow. Her pulse was a little high and she was a little warm.

"I'm waiting on an answer...what happened?" I asked, caressing her forehead.

"We were shopping, and everything was fine. I mean, Kaiya ate a 1/2 pound chili cheeseburger, a large order of onion rings, and a large milkshake, with a brownie. She said she was hungry. No big deal. A few hours after lunch, she starts complaining about being dizzy. She was trying on a dress and we heard a thump in the dressing room. We walked in and found Kaiya passed out on the floor," Carina said.

"I have never known Kaiya to pass out before. Her forehead was pretty warm, too. She fought us tooth and nail about coming here, but I knew you would never forgive me if something happened to her," Tiff replied.

"You're right," I answered.

Kaiya smiled and said, "It was just a little dizzy spell. I'll be fine." My eyes narrowed at her. I know this woman. I know that she tries to hide when she's sick and she will do everything in her power to make you believe that she's not sick. This wasn't the first dizzy spell and I knew it. Stubborn ass woman.

"How long, Kaiya?" I asked.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"How long have you been having these dizzy spells?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

"A few weeks," she replied. I counted to ten and blew out a breathe. I kissed her softly on the forehead. I stood up and glanced at Tiff and Carina.

"Keep an eye on her. I'll be right back," I walked out and asked Dr. Amy Bernard, an attending internist, to run some tests on Kaiya and I asked her to rush them. She agreed and gave one of the ER nurses the order. I walked back into the cubicle and sat next to her again.

"Sebastian, I got to pee in a cup? I told you, I was fine," she said. I smiled at her. The nurse began to take blood and urine.

"And I'm not taking any chances. Let's just see if something shows up, okay," I replied. Kaiya had no idea how many people came in the hospital complaining of a dizzy spell and they end up having an aneurysm or a tumor. She didn't think the testing was necessary, but I did. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her because I didn't follow through. Kaiya's head turned to my hip as my beeper went off. I took it off and looked at it. I was needed in the OR.

"I have to go, Kai. You are in good hands. I'll be back when I'm done, okay," I said, giving her a kiss on the forehead, the nose and the lips.

"Baby...I love you," I replied.

"I love you, too...hey, do you really need that much blood?" she snapped at the nurse. I walked out of the cubicle.

I had a two hour surgery and then I hightailed it back to Kaiya. I was off duty, so I intended to hang out until the results came back. Dr. Bernard met me before I went into the cubicle. She had the results in her hand. She was smiling at me, which was good.

"Everything looks fine. There's just something that you may notice--don't be alarmed, it's not bad. I've got to finish my rounds so I can get out of here. Tell your wife to take care," Dr. Bernard replied as she walked off.

"Thanks, Amy," I replied as I walked back into the cubicle where Kaiya was. She was alone and asleep. I kissed her awake.

"Wake up, sleepyhead," I whispered, touching her forehead. It was still a little warm, but not as warm as it was earlier.

"Hey baby. I was really tired, so I fell asleep. Maybe that woman took too much of my blood," she stated.

"Where are Tiff and Carina?" I asked.

"Your shift is almost over...," she replied.

"It's over," I stated.

"Cool. I told them to beat it. They were working my last nerve. So, what's up? Can I go home, because I told you, I was fine," she replied. I sat in the stool next to her, going into doctor mode. I looked over the tests and I blinked. That can't be...can it? Whoa. I broke into a huge grin as I leaned over and kissed her on the lips.

"Umm, that was a good kiss. You look happy, so that means I'm fine and I can go home. Who-hoo," Kaiya replied.

"You are fine. You are the finest thing that I've ever seen...and you're pregnant," I said to her, staring into her eyes. Kaiya sat straight up on the bed and her mouth turned into a huge O.

"But, I just had my period, weeks ago," she answered, in shock.

"How long was it, baby?" I asked.

"Two days, which is shorter than normal. I didn't think anything of it," she stated.

"Since when is your period two days long?" I asked. She put her hand over her mouth.

"Oh shit, I'm pregnant," she whispered and her hands went immediately to her stomach. She laid back slowly on the bed, clutching her stomach, with a smile. I leaned over, pulled her tank top up and kissed her flat stomach. I laid my head on it.

Kaiya was elated. "I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a baby."

"That's right. My baby is going to have a baby. This is so freakin' cool," I whispered. Kaiya ran her fingers through my hair.

"So, what do we do now?" she asked. I gave her stomach one more kiss and leaned over and kissed her again. I stared into her eyes.

"Go home, tell everybody, get ready," I replied. The actuality of the situation hit me. I was going to be a father--me. That was a scary thought, but I was the happiest I had ever been.

"You are too much. Are you really okay with this?" Kaiya asked, with concern etched on her face. She sat straight up and stared at me. I pulled her into my arms and held her.

"Are you on something, woman? I'm better than okay. I didn't think I could love you any more than I do, but I do. I'm so happy, babygirl. Besides marrying you, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me. We made a baby, baby," I replied, looking into those beautiful brown eyes.

"I know. This is so...whoa," she said running her hand along my cheek. I leaned my forehead to hers.

"Hey mommy," I whispered.

"Hey daddy," she whispered, with tears rolling out of her eyes. I hugged her tightly. We stayed like that for awhile, in a comfortable silence, then we went home and called our families. Their was so much screaming and yelling. The poor kid---doesn't know that it's being born into a family full of weirdos.