Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"Ba ba ba ba," Jensen gurgled as Kaiya fed him grits and scrambled eggs mixed together. Kaiya fed the kid grits or oatmeal every morning. I sometimes forget that she's a southern girl and that's what she grew up on. The funny thing about it is, my kid loved that stuff. He seemed so much happier after he had a good breakfast. Kind of like me after I've had a good dinner or busted a really good nut, but I won't go there.

I was on my way to the hospital this Saturday morning and Kaiya was talking to the kid like he was an idiot. You know what I mean...baby talk. I get a little sensitive and emotional when I talk to my kid, but I don't do baby talk. But I'm not going to tell my wife to stop doing it. I like breathing too much.

"That's mommy's baby, yes it is. Mommy's noonoo booboo googoo. Eating like a big boy. Yes you are, baby. Yes you are, my little muffin. Open up mommy's sweet baby boy. Mmmm, good food mommy's little booboo foofoo. Mommy's sweet little man," she replied with a smile. Jensen gave her a buttery dimpled grin as he ate his breakfast happily. He looked more and more like me everyday.

I was missing out on a lot because I was needed in the ER more because a few surgeons transferred to other hospitals. I wasn't around enough to help Kaiya with Jensen as much as I'd like to and that's why I'm glad that Shopzilla and Mama Dee helped out with the baby. It made me feel less like a heel. I was going to have to do something to at least get some more time off. I didn't want Jensen growing up the way that I did, seeing my father a few days at a time. Most of the time, if I got home late, he was asleep and if I was paged early in the morning, he'd still be asleep. I missed my kid a lot.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Kaiya and to say everything was peachy would be a lie. She was busy with grad school and I was busy at work. Kaiya understood my job and she didn't complain, but she was human and she missed me. Hell, I missed her too. We hadn't made love in two weeks...totally unlike us. That's how tired and busy we've been. But this weirdness has been going on for a month or so now. It's like we never get a chance to just talk to each other anymore or just do fun stuff, which was not like us at all. This weird tension in my house was something that I did not like.

"See ya later, little man," I replied, kissing my kid on top of the head. I smiled at him and he babbled, " Ba, ba, ga goo, da, da, da, da, da, da".

"Yeah, daddy has to go to work...bye bye," I replied and he gave me one of those dimpled grins of his. I leaned over and kissed Kaiya on the lips.

"Bye, sweetness. I'll call you later, okay? Have a nice day, baby," I replied and she gave me a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. She never smiled at me like that. Yeah, something was definitely off in my household.

"You too, Sebastian," she replied as she wiped Jensen's mouth who was busy putting smushed bananas in his mouth and all over his face.

"Jensen, it goes in your mouth, not in your eye, baby," she replied laughing at my kid who was now babbling up a storm. I grabbed my keys and looked back at my wife and kid. They didn't even look at me as I walked out the door.

*********************************************************

A few months had passed and my house was still weird. Kaiya and I really barely saw each other now and sex had been reduced to quickies here and there. I have to admit though, I had been fucking up. If I got off early, I would go out with the fellas to have a drink or go clubbing. Kaiya hadn't said anything about it, but I knew it was coming. Truth be told, I did on purpose to get to her so maybe we could fight and get this shit out in the open, whatever it was. Didn't happen. Kaiya just didn't say anything. That's how I knew this was just the calm before the storm.

One early Friday night as I was making my final rounds, I received a call from Jordan and he asked me to go out and have a drink with him. I figured, what the hell. I needed another night out. I didn't even call Kaiya to tell her I got off early. I know, I'm a shithead, but I'm still a guy. We do fucked up, inconsiderate things sometimes. Raymond was off for the night and decided to meet us. I took a shower at the hospital and changed my clothes and headed to the bar to meet my friends.

"Where's Carina?" I asked Jordan as I drank Grey Goose.

"Out of town for work. I miss my woman, man, but I'm glad you two agreed to meet me. I needed this. It's been a shitty couple of weeks and I can't wait to finish this case," Jordan replied taking a sip of Hennessey.

"You don't want to talk busy, man. We've been working 16 hour shifts. They've been working the piss out of us," Raymond said.

"Yep. I need another drink," I replied as the bartender fixed me a fresh drink.

"Bas, man, what's going on with you? How's my godson?" Jordan asked with a smile. I smiled at him as I started to sip my second drink.

"He's good. He's getting so big and the kid's real smart. He really knows how to work everybody," I replied fondly with a grin.

"Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?" Jordan asked.

"Nope," I replied as I finished my drink.

"How's my cous?" Jordan asked.

"She's okay," I replied quickly as a nosy Jordan stared at me.

"What's going on with you two, Bas?" Jordan asked.

"Nothing...that's the problem. But, it's cool. It's probably just a little phase we are going through or something. It's alright," I replied. "I guess the honeymoon's over, huh?" Raymond asked.

"Maybe. We're just having a little miscommunication problem. We'll be alright. So, Raymond, what's up with you and that new, fine Neonatal nurse, huh?" I asked, changing the subject.

After we left the bar, we ending up going clubbing. We hit a few of our favorite clubs and one of our favorite strip joints. I had fun. I danced with a couple of pretty women and I let loose. I was smiling, tipsy and horny as hell for my wife when I walked in my front door at 6am. I had the whole day off, so I planned on sexing my wife up and sleeping for the first part and playing with my kid for the second part. My smile was turned upside down by my wife, who was sitting on the sofa waiting for me with a look that could slice me in two.

Oh, shit. I was in trouble.

"Hey babygirl. What are you doing up so early?" I asked. Kaiya looked at me with squinted eyes and crossed arms. Her legs were crossed and the leg that was on the floor was tapping the floor rapidly.

This was not going to be good.

"Don't you babygirl me, you bastard. Where the hell have you been? And don't lie to me, Sebastian. I can smell the Grey Goose from here," she replied.

I sauntered up to her and knelt in front of her with a smile that usually got me out of a lot of shit on my face. I tried to lean in and kiss her, but she moved her head.

"Baby, I had a few drinks with Jordan and Raymond after work. Jordan was lonely because Carina's out of town and we just decided to have some drinks. I guess I lost track of time. Come here, sexy girl," I whispered as I tried to use the charm and moved to touch Kaiya. She pulled away from me and stood up. She left me kneeling in front of the chair as she walked to the other side of the living room.

"You lost track of time, huh? Only a few drinks? Give me a fuckin' break! I called to see if you could maybe get home early and when I called at about 7, they said you had been long gone. Your mom and dad asked if they could take Jensen to see Randall, Talia and the baby, and I said sure, because I figured we could spend some time together. Then, I called your cell phone, but you didn't answer, which lead me to believe that you didn't want to talk to me. But that's cool. Whatever bitch you were with...yeah, I know you and I know you were with some heifer because I smell cheap perfume all over your trifling ass. Here's a thought--why don't you go back to your slut. I've kept quiet about this shit for too long. You want to go out and have a good time...fine by me. But guess what? I want to go and have a good time, too and you know what? I will!! Fuck the skeeze that laid all that stinky piss water perfume all over you, fuck whatever you were doing last night and FUCK YOU SEBASTIAN!" Kaiya yelled as she pushed past me. I followed her up the stairs.

"Sweetness, I didn't fuck anybody, I swear. I just danced and watched some girls shake their ass. Innocent male fun that made me horny as hell and anxious to get back to you," I replied giving her one of those looks that usually gets me off the hook and makes her cave. Kaiya just stared at me with a pretty smile on her face.

"Innocent fun, baby?" she asked.

I moved closer to her and grabbed her waist. I began to kiss her neck.

"Yeah, babygirl, it was just man shit. You don't know how bad I want you," I whispered as I pressed soft, wet kisses on her neck. The next thng I know, Kaiya steps on my foot...hard.

"Shit, Kai, that hurt!" I exclaimed. I didn't know she was that angry, but she was.

"Get the hell away from me, Sebastian. I can't believe you actually think that I'm going to give you some after this shit. You are a piece of work, you know that? Innocent fun, my black ass. Silly me. Here I was at home waiting for you to call me, anticipating the minute you came home. I wanted to spend a fun evening with my husband, maybe fuck his brains out, but, oh well. That's down the shitter because you were out with some other strange heifer's pussy in your face!" she exclaimed as I tried to walk back over to her.

"You don't do shit with me anymore, Sebastian. We used to go out and dance all night. We used to make out in the middle of a crowded club and make love on the beach at night. Why the fuck did we get married? Why did we do all this if you don't really want me?" Kaiya asked as I watched the pain and hurt in her eyes.

"Babygirl, that's not true. I do want you. It's just that...," I replied. I was glad she interrupted me because I truly didn't know what I was going to say to her.

"You know what? Save it. Two can play this game," Kaiya replied as she slammed the bedroom door in my face.

Damn. I had screwed up royally. I did leave my cell in the truck and when I saw that she called, I didn't return her call. Why? Because I'm a man and we do dumb, fucked up shit. I'm an idiot. I do love her. I would die for her. I wouldn't be able to live without her. But lately, she's been keeping me at arms length, too. So yeah, when I should have been home, I was out at a club or a strip joint. Okay, maybe I should have reached out more, but damn it, I work 12-18 hour shifts a day! I can't read her mind. But I fucked up when she tried to reach out to me.

Got damn it, I'm a shit. I'm a huge pile of shit.

*********************************************************

It was now two months after I got busted and things still weren't right between Kaiya and me. My kid was walking all over and talking up a storm, looking like my twin. The tension in my house is still there. I tried to charm Kaiya to get back into her good graces, but she wasn't having it. She made it quite clear that she was pissed...royally pissed...and she wasn't falling for my bullshit.

I was at my wit's end. I didn't want to lose my wife. That was one of my greatest fears. Yeah, that's what I was afraid of...that I would wake up one day and she and Jensen would be gone without a trace. I feared that if I didn't do something soon, I would actually wake up to that reality.

One week, everything came to a head. I noticed that my parents, Mama Dee, or Jordan's mom had been keeping Jensen a lot more than usual and when I came home, she wasn't there. For about 2 weeks, this went on. I had to find out what was going on with Kaiya.

One Friday night, I got off early and decided to surprise Kaiya. I called my parents to ask if they would keep Jensen for a few days and they said that Kaiya had already dropped him off at their house. I figured she was on the way back home, so I lit some candles, ordered some of her favorite Thai food and waited for my wife...and I waited. She never showed up. I called her phone and I either received a busy signal or her voice mail. I felt chills go up my spine as I hightailed it to my parents house. My father, of all people, answered the door with Jensen on his back.

"Hey kid. What are you doing here?" my sperm donor asked as Jensen began to speak, 'Da da da da.' I smiled at my slobbing, handsome little boy and took him away from my pops, kissing the top of his sandy, curly head.

"Hey, little man. I missed you. You having fun with gramps and nana?" I asked as he smiled.

"Yea nana and gwam" he exclaimed and spoke some other words I didn't recognize.

"Where's ma?" I asked as I high fived my son. He slapped my hand and his head fell back as he burst into giggles. I loved this kid.

"She went to pick up dinner. Again, what are you doing here?" My father asked.

"I can't get in contact with Kaiya and I'm worried, Pops. This is not like her, not to be available or to let me know where she is. I don't get it," I replied as I sat on the berber rug with Jensen where he had been playing. He spotted something across the room and toddled away as my father sat in the chair next to me and laughed.

"You are so slow, boy. She's doing it on purpose and by the way she was dressed when she dropped off the kid, she looked like she was going to enjoy a full night of ass shakin'," my father replied as I whipped my head around to him.

"Babygirl...Partying? Without me? Pops, how was she dressed?" I asked getting pissed off.

"The only thing I'm going to say is...hot. Off the charts hot! You got great taste kid," My father replied winking at me and chuckling to himself.

Kaiya...my Kaiya...dressed like that without me. What the hell?

"Are you serious?" I asked.

My sperm donor laughed. "That girl could have set off the sprinklers she looked so good. You are in deep doo doo kid. You've been so busy that you haven't noticed that that girl has been dropping Jensen off two to three nights a week for the past month. What the hell is wrong with you and how did you fuck up this time?"

I decided to tell my father what happened a few months ago and about what's been going on in my house and he smiled knowingly.

"You went to school for like, 20 years, and you're still a dumb ass. I tell you, for a smart kid, you sure are the stupidest kid I know," my pops replied.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Bas, you have a beautiful wife and kid, a nice house, a career you love. That should be enough for any man, but it's not enough for you is it?" my father asked seriously.

I thought about it and I didn't know how to respond but I said, "Yes it is".

"Then act like it. You sure as shit ain't acting like a man who's satisfied. Answer this, Sebastian. Do you regret marrying Kaiya? Do you regret having Jensen so early into your marriage? Is that what this is all about?" These are the questions that my philandering sperm donor asked me.

I felt like I was in the got damn Twilight Zone. I was actually having a serious conversation with my father. He hadn't mentioned a thing about pussy or dicks and he wasn't making me feel like a complete shit. I have to be in the Twilight Zone, because my father was acting like a father. Somebody please hand me a drink and a blunt quick.

"No, of course not. I'm crazy about that kid...and I'm crazy about Kaiya. I always have been. You know that. I don't want anyone else. That girl's it for me," I replied honestly.

"Then fuckin' act like it! Your beautiful, sexy young wife is out partying, very scantily dressed I might add, in South Beach on a Friday night...without you! She's sending you a blatant message, kid. Sebastian, I know I wasn't the perfect dad and I screwed up big time...with you guys and your mom. I was so glad that you guys were not turning out like me...well Parker still slinging his shit...damn, I envy him...but that's not the point. I did the same things you were doing with your mom. I threw myself into my career, got caught up with other women and I expected your mom to be waiting and to be the same woman that I fell in love with. I forgot about who she was and saw her for her other roles...a wife, a mom. I changed her. Then, I started really heavily cheating on her and you know the rest. I treated your mom like shit, but I didn't ever stop loving her and I never wanted her to leave. I think deep down she knew that, so she put up with my shit. She shouldn't have had to do that, but she did. I loved your mother, Bas but I stopped showing her. The point is, your mom is the love of my life and she's given me another chance. I'm trying to tell you that you shouldn't wait for another chance. You need to fix whatever is going on between you and your wife now. When was the last time you did something spontaneously romantic with your wife? That's how you got her, Sebastian. You changed, too. That girl is the best thing that has every happened to you and you're going to throw her away for a few nights of drunken partying with some nameless pussy in your face? It's okay to have fun with your friends, but your life became different once you married Kaiya. You're not that guy anymore and you need to realize that. Don't make my mistakes, kid. Go find your wife, kiss her ass and beg for her forgiveness before you lose her," my father responded as Jensen walked back over to me and put his tiny hands on my face and laughed as I made funny faces at him. I smiled at him and he smiled back. That was my babygirl's beautiful smile reflecting back at me. Shit, the sperm donor was right and that doesn't happen very often. I was acting like a complete dickhead. I handed Jensen to my father and kissed the top of his little head again.

"I love you, little man. Thanks pop. You mind still keeping an eye on Jensen...," I replied but was intrerruped by my mother's voice.

"Take that baby away from here and you're a dead man. I haven't spent the whole day with my baby since Tuesday. I need my fix, Sebastian. Leave him here," Shopzilla replied as I looked at my father.

"You heard her. Leave him before she shanks you. Go find your wife Sebastian and for your sake, don't mention taking Jensen...at least not at this moment," my sperm donor replied.

"Alrighty then. Hey mama, Bye mama, bye pops," I replied as I kissed my mother on the cheek as I ran out the door.

I faintly heard my mother say, "That looks like a 'I fucked up' run. Am I correct?"

"Yep. Look familiar?" My father asked.

"Too damn familiar. Look nana's baby. I brought ice cream," my mother stated as I jumped into my truck.

I had to find her. Now where was she? I knew exactly who to call.

"Hey Tiff, this is Bas. Where are you and is my wife with you? She is? Good. Don't tell her anything. Keep her there," I replied as I put my foot on the accelerator and went to the club that Kaiya was presently shaking her ass.

*********************************************************

I was in the club and I walked around for about 10 minutes. I really hoped that I wouldn't have to kick anyone's ass and ruin my million dollar insured hands.

I spotted Tiff dressed, or should I say barely dressed with her partner in crime Lauren and my wife...dressed scantily and sexy as hell. She had on these black satin hot pants that cupped her hips and her ass just right with this black, crystal encrusted strapless flowing tube top that was sheer in the middle, giving a beautiful view of her cocoa skin, with the sexiest pair of black ankle strap heels that made her legs look incredible. There she was, the only woman I've every truly wanted, dressed in her 'fuck him clothes', just as my sperm donor said.


You know what I'm talking about. You know the clothes that your woman puts on that she knows that you like to see her in, but no one else can see her in them unless you're with her because that's how sexy the clothes are. When she's pissed at you, she'll put them on and go out with her friends and say 'fuck him, girl'. Yep, that's exactly what my babygirl had on and damn it if I didn't get hard just staring at her...and damn it if I didn't get pissed by all the guys that were staring at her ass...and damn it if this pretty boy Dominican that she was dancing with was trying to screw her on the dance floor.

Enough of this shit. I've seen enough. I played it cool as I walked over to my wife and this bastard who was rolling all over my wife...rolling all over my ass. I wasn't having it.

The guy looked at me then at Kaiya's ass and winked at me. I just nodded.

"I was here first, man. Find somebody else," Rico Suave's twin replied. Then, I got pissed.

"Yo, get the fuck off my wife!" I yelled over the music as Kaiya turned around and smiled at me. The dude backed up. I could tell she was buzzed as she smiled.

"Hey baby!" she yelled over the music and kept dancing.

"Baby? You're really married to this dude?" the bastard that was dry humping my wife asked as he continued to check Kaiya out from head to toe. That only pissed me off more. I stepped closer to his face.

"Yeah, she is and I'm telling you, if you don't step the fuck off, you're going to be picking your teeth up off the floor. Back up," I replied as I pulled Kaiya in front of me by the waist. She just kept dancing as the dude walked off.

"Bye Ricky," she exclaimed as I turned her around and looked down into her eyes. She smiled up at me and put her arms around my neck. My arms went around her waist as she continued to dance with me. I decided to play along, because hell, she looked sexy as hell and had me hard as a rock.

"Hey Sebastian! I'm surprised you're not at Delicious Dreams, watching some skeezy girl shake her stanky ass in your face. What in the hell are you doing here and with me, no less?" Kaiya asked. My hands slowly roamed her waist as I looked down into her pretty face. Damn, she looked good.

"I came here to dance with my babygirl. Is that alright with you?" I asked in my very sincere, sexy, I want you voice. She turned her head away from my staring, hazel eyes.

Kaiya shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "I guess so. We are married after all," she replied in a saracastic tone of voice with air quoting fingertips.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Exactly what I said. Look, are we going to dance and have a good time or are you here to rain on my parade to try and take me home, because I was getting my groove on and feeling very fine, and I don't need you coming here and ruining it. So either stay and dance, or leave. Whatever you want to do, that's up to you. I don't care," Kaiya replied in that tone of voice that said she was completely aggravated.

Oh, so that's how it's going to be? She had attitude. I came here, looking for her to spend time with her and beg her forgiveness and this is how she wants to act? I'm trying, damn it! Even though, when she was pissed at me, it turned me on like you wouldn't believe! I know, I'm an idiot.

Well, Ms. Thing, that's how you want to act? Alright you asked for it.

I gave her one of my sexiest grins, leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Yes you do, babygirl. I know you still care. Those pretty brown eyes don't lie. Kaiya, listen up. This is how it's going to go down. I'm leaving and so are you."

"The hell I am!" she exclaimed with her hands on her hips.

I smiled at her, then I picked her up and tossed her over my shoulder as she cursed me out.

"What the fuck? Put me down Sebastian!!" Kaiya yelled.

"Later Tiff, later Lauren," I replied as Tiffany and Lauren waved.

"See ya cous, bye 3B," Tiffany replied as she continued to dance with her drink still in her hand.

"Tiff! Lauren! Yall just gonna let him do this! Help me!" Kaiya yelled as I walked through the crowd with her over my shoulder.

"This is hubby-wifey shit. You on your own," Tiffany replied.

"I'm out of it," Lauren yelled.

"Well both of you can kiss my black ass. I'm going to remember this. Put me down, Sebastian, you shithead!" Kaiya yelled as I walked out of the club. I asked the valed for my car and the bouncer Ted, who knew me, shook his head with a grin.

"You know how we newlyweds are," I replied as I rubbed Kaiya on the ass.

"Yeah, I guess. See you around, Sebastian. Goodnight, Kaiya," Ted replied laughing.

"To hell with you, Ted! When you put me down, Sebastian...oooh....I'm going to kick the living shit out of you!" Kaiya yelled as I popped her on the ass. The valet pulled my truck up to us.

"Sounds kinky. You know I'm game," I replied to her as she continued to threaten me.

The valet handed me my keys. I pressed the remote and the valet opened the passenger door. I deposited Kaiya in the passenger seat and climbed into the driver's seat. She was steaming mad and had not put on her seatbelt yet.

"Put on your seatbelt, baby," I stated with a wink as I started the car.

"Sebastian what the fuck do you want?" Kaiya asked with attitude.

"You. I want us back. Whatever this shit is that's going on between us, it ends tonight...right now," I replied as I turned on the car and drove off.