Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Present Day

I looked around the Key West beach house and smiled. It was amazing what people would do in such a short time when a large amount of cash was flashed their way. I made sure that the house was spotless, stocked fully with food, spirits, and some of her favorite things like gummi bears and chocolate chocolate chip ice cream.

While I am waiting for Kaiya to arrive, I will explain why we broke up in the first place. We had been fighting for some strange reason for a few weeks. I blamed it on PMS, she blamed it on me being a cocky, arrogant ass. Well, being the genius that I am, I decided to bring up the "m" word, one night after dinner. I knew this was a touchy subject for her because of her parents failed marriage and my parental units "cohabitation". She believed that marriage was a farce and you didn't have to be married to be in love. She really had a sour view of marriage and because of this, she asked me to never bring it up. Like I said, I am used to getting what I want and lately I had been imagining little caramel cutie girls with my eyes and Kaiya’s smile. I had been thinking about popping the question for a long time. Even though I grew up with the worst possible examples of marriage, I still believed in it. Jordan's parents were one of the happiest married couples I knew and Randall seemed even happier with his wife of 2 years, Talia. I wanted everyone to know that I had a "Triple S" woman-sexy, smart, and sweet. Anything she wanted, she got. I completely give in to her wants, needs and desires, and I spoil my baby rotten. She deserved whatever her heart desired for dealing with my cocky ass. I wanted to do anything to make and keep her happy. She was my world, my queen. And I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her that I wanted to be with her forever, even if she was acting like a deranged lunatic at the present time.

We were sitting on the beach after dinner one evening and I popped the question. I asked her to marry me. Kaiya laughed at me and told me that I was insane, and she knew I was just playing with her. I told her that I wasn't. I told her I loved her and that she was all I wanted. She jumped up and said no, absolutely not. Then she asked my why was I trying to ruin everything. I told her I wasn't, I was trying to make our relationship permanent. I asked her to think about it. She said there was nothing to think about and I knew that she believed marriage was a non-issue. I told her that I didn't believe that because our relationship was different as well as our feelings. I also went on to explain that what happened to our parents would not be our fate because even though they bore us, we were not our parents. She told me "not to come at her with that stupid shit and although she loved me, she was not doing the "marriage thing". She went on to say that marriage is not real and most people married because it was the right thing to do, and not for happiness. Her word was bond--no marriage.

I began to get angry and I told her that I couldn't believe she graduated summa cum laude with the ignorant shit that just came out of her mouth. She cursed me out and told me I can't have my way all the time. I tried to calm down as I stood in front of her. I began to rub my hands soothingly up and down her arms. I explained to her that I wanted to wake up to her face everyday. I wanted to take care of her. I wanted her to have my babies. I wanted to grow old with her. I let her know that any man that was completely, hopelessly in love would want to take the next logical step and get married. I tried to joke and say that she could still keep her name, but Langley definitely had to be hyphenated. That made her worse and she broke away from me. She said we could have everything I just said, without being married. She wasn't with it. I got angry again and stated that she was being ridiculous and that if she wouldn't marry me, then what were we doing? She said she didn't know and the conversation and the relationship was over, then she walked away, cursing. I was pissed and hurt as hell, and I let her leave. I was not going to kiss her ass. I didn't want to be around her at that time.

I figured she would calm down and call after a week, but then two, then three weeks went by and I decided to call her. She told me she loved me, but she was not marrying me and she wasn't ready to give herself up and that was final. I tried to see her, call, e-mail, but she wouldn't respond. I was miserable. I missed her terribly. I did things by rote, especially at work, like a robot. Work kept my mind off of her a little, but every free, waking moment, I was reminded of how much I missed her and how crazy I was going not being with her. When I slept, I dreamnt of Kaiya. I was going crazy.

Two months passed and I hadn't seen or talked to her. I felt like I was missing the other part of me. She broke my heart, but I wouldn't be a victim anymore. I became as stubborn as she was and decided that the original Sebastian had to come back. I dated as many women as I could, but I couldn't get her off my mind.

One Saturday morning, while I was doing my pushups, I heard the doorbell. I wasn't expecting any company and when I opened the door, it was Bianca, with a smile on her face. I didn't know how she found out where I lived because the only women that had ever been in the condo were Shopzilla, Tiff and Kaiya. I never brought women to my home. She kissed me and said she wanted to see my place. I asked her how did she know where I lived (later I found out the crazy bitch followed me) and she said that was her secret. I let her know that I was not happy and that she she should have called because I have to be at the hospital in an hour. She ran a finger down my tan, sweat slicked, muscular chest and my abs and pulled on the waist of my gym shorts, licking her lips. She told me not to be mad and she would make it worth my while. I pulled away from her and told her I had to shower. She wanted to jump in with me. But first she had to use the ladies room, which is stupid because I'm a guy. Silly ass woman. Why couldn't she just say bathroom? How did I meet these dingy broads?

The doorbell rang once more and my heart dropped to my knees. It was Kaiya standing in my doorway looking beautiful and sad. I stood still and stared at her, thoughts of Bianca gone. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I saw her and she started crying. I asked her
to not cry and she wrapped her arms around my neck and stood on her toes and began to ramble (she does that when she is nervous) and said she missed me and she was sorry and stupid. I tried to console her and tell her everything would be fine and we would work it out.

The next thing I know, Bianca taps me on the shoulder and says, "I hate to break this up, but what the hell is this shit and who was is this chic ?" I gave her a look that could kill and told her that she needed to leave now and this was none of her concern. This was not a good time. Then she says, "Is that her, the bitch that broke your heart?"

I know I broke my cardinal rule by discussing my relationship with a woman to another woman I'm seeing, but it kind of slipped out. A few weeks before, I met Bianca out at a club and I was pretty drunk. She was pretty hot and I told her how Kaiya broke my heart and she stroked my ego. Bianca told me Kaiya was crazy and she knew how to make me feel better. Believe me, she really does know how to cheer a man up when he's down. She rode me like a champion that night, which I'm sorry she did now (at the time I wasn't sorry, I needed it). I also told her that the fling we were having would not go anywhere and that my heart belonged to Kaiya. She stated that she understood and she just wanted a good time. Yeah, right.

Kaiya and I let go of each other and I told her to watch her mouth and to never call Kaiya a bitch again and what part of leave immediately did she not understand? Kaiya looks at me with this look on her face, glances at Bianca and said in that eerily calm voice that I was familiar with, "Who is this stank heifer calling a bitch? Is this your new piece, huh, Sebastian? It's only been 2 months. You are quick. Look, chic, mind your business. This concerns Sebastian and I, not you, so why don't you do what he asks and leave?"

Bianca still can't grasp what leave now means. She keeps talking. Then she tells Kaiya, "Oh, you are the one he's been moaning over. You alright, but you don't have a thing on me, honey". (At this point, she points her finger in Kaiya's face). Kaiya looks at me then at her and she keeps talking.

"You didn't want him. There is no way I would have a let a man this fine with equipment like that go. I figured you were one of those book smart, dumb bitches. Look, little girl, you let him go and he's got a real woman handling him now, because I'm looking at you now and I know you couldn't handle a man like Basti. Now step off, you silly little ho and leave my man's house."

Kaiya looked around the condo, then at me and back at Bianca. Her voice continued in that eery calm that usually led up to a fierce tongue lashing. "Were you speaking to me because you just said that he's been moaning about me, so how is he your man? You seem like the stupid bitch." Then Kaiya laughed and replied, "Wait, I know how to shut you up," and Kaiya pulled her arm back and punched Bianca with a right hook and she fell to the floor, crying about her face.

"Talk that shit now, heifer. Get up, I got more," Kaiya replied. I really wanted to laugh at the way Bianca went down. It was funny because Kaiya is 5'5 and Bianca is 5'9. I have never seen Kaiya that angry and she has never hit anyone.

Then Kaiya states that I wasn't worth it, and Bianca wasn't worth it. She continued to tell me that I wasn't shit and she left. I ran after her, receiving a middle finger and a "muthafucka, don't ever call me again". I tried calling her, going to her house, to her job to talk to her, and she wouldn't see me or hear me out. Then, she did something drastic. She moved and changed her phone number. I tried to pump info from J, Tiff, Lauren, but no one would tell me anything. Now, here we are 5 months later.
***************************************************************************

I put on some jazz, Norman Brown to be exact, and looked in the mirror. I looked good in a light green linen shirt, rolled at the sleeves and buttoned half-way to expose my tan, hairless chest, with a pair of tan linen slacks and brown leather Cole Haan shoes. I heard the front door open and I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. It was Kaiya, looking incredible in a pair of black and white pinstriped guachos and a light pink, green, blue and white halter top with strappy black high heels. Her eyes raked over me appreciatively, and I gave her a huge smile. She smiled back as I walked over to her and hugged her, kissing her cheek.

"You look gorgeous," I replied.

"So do you, as always," she replied stepping out of our embrace and clutching her black Coach hobo bag.

"Come with me," I replied, holding out my hand. She took it and I guided her through the house and onto the patio, overlooking the beach.

"The house looks great," she replied.

"Yeah, it does. I'll be right back," I replied and walked into the kitchen to get her a strawberry colada, her favorite mixed drink. I spotted her from the kitchen, looking at the view.

"Do you need any help?" she asked plopping her purse on one of the sofas and stretching.

"No, I have everything under control," I replied grabbing a Heinken and walking back to the patio.

"Here you go," I replied, handing her the frosty drink and taking a seat on the couch across from her, taking a sip of beer.

"Thank you," she replied, taking a sip of her daiquiri through a straw. I glanced at her and began talking.

"I want to apologize for Bianca, Kai. She was rude and disrespectful. You didn't deserve that," I replied looking into her eyes. Kaiya swirled her straw in the glass and looked up at me.

"Thank you, but she said those things, you didn't. I shouldn't have hit her. I went too far. It wasn't called for and I apologize...even though it felt really good to hit her. She talks too much, man. How did you get hooked up with someone like her, Sebastian?" she asked and we laughed.

"I have to blame it on the liquor. She is a bit dingy. Again, sorry for exposing you to her," I replied. There was an awkward silence.

"Kaiya, the way we left things...", I replied, but Kaiya interrupted me. She put her drink on the coffee table.

"Let me go first, okay. That morning, months ago, when I came to your condo, I was coming to get us back. Whatever I had to do, I would do it. I was wrong for dismissing the institution of marriage the way that I did. I am also sorry that I dismissed your feelings about marriage. I thought about everything that was said that night on the beach and I knew your intentions were honorable. I knew you were serious when you asked me to marry you. That is what terrified me. I knew that one day you would want more and I didn't know if I would be able to give it to you. Now I realize that I wasn't scared of you, and I wasn't scared of marriage. I was scared of losing our love, Sebastian," she replied, playing with her fingers.

I looked at her and asked, "What do you mean? I know that I love you and no one else but you. Are you saying that you are not sure that you love me?

Kaiya began rambling. "No, not at all. I adore you, Sebastian. I feel the same way, but what I mean is...I don't want you or I to wake up one morning and ask is this it? I don't want us to look at each other and realize this isn't the love that we were searching for or that the love we thought we had was gone. I don't want us to lose this wonderful feeling, Sebastian, the expectancy of great love. We have never gone this long without communicating with one another and I know I am to blame. You don't know what I've been going through. It felt like a part of me was missing. I ached for you, Sebastian," she replied looking at me with tears in her eyes.

I wanted to touch her, let her know that I felt the same way. "I missed you too, Kai, but...," I replied and she interrupted me again.

"Please, let me finish. I was too stubborn to give in and when I saw Bianca at your house, I flipped out. I figured you had moved on. So, I moved and tried to forget about you, but I couldn't. Then I saw you last night. You looked so handsome and sexy, and all the feelings that I have for you resurfaced. Do you know what you do to me? You make me desire, need, want, crave, lust for you. You drive me crazy, that damn sexy ass cologne and that gorgeous, dimpled smile. You look at me and I feel like the most desirable woman in the world. You have no idea, Sebastian, how many nights I dreamnt about us and I missed us. Then when we danced, to that song, I remembered you loving me all over again, and I knew that this...what we had, couldn't be over," she replied. As I listened to her, I wanted to put all conversation to a halt and make love to her and remind her that we belonged to each other and that whatever happened was history. I resisted the urge to take her in her arms and I realized we still needed to talk.

"Let me ask you this. Why has it taken you so long? Why did you wait until Jordan's engagement to confront me? You know where I live, my parent's live. My phone numbers have never changed. Sweetness, why did you keep me away from you ?" I was hurt and I let her know it.

"I am sorry for putting you, us through that. You know how stubborn I am and I apologize. I don't want to us to go through that ever again. I was being a bitch, that's all I can say. I must be crazy. A gorgeous, sexy man who is crazy about me asks me to marry him and I say no. I must be truly out of my mind," she replied looking into my eyes.

"Yeah, you are pretty nuts," I replied with a grin on my face.

"I'm sorry about what I said at the beach. I thought about it and I should respect your stand on marriage. If you don’t believe in it, I can't force you to. Also, I am sorry about having Bianca in my house. I know it hurt you, but I did not invite her. She found out where I lived and popped up. I just wanted you to know that. I told you that I am not serious about her or anyone else. I need you to believe me, that I don't want anyone else but you. I just want you to be happy," I replied. She stood up and walked over to the sofa I was sitting on, and sat next to me. She turned her body to face me and looked at me. Tears were coming out of her eyes. I wiped them away with my thumbs.

"So, even though I am slightly nuts, you still want to be with me, even if I have warped feelings about marriage?" she asked. I had to touch her, I couldn't help myself. I put her face in my hands and she turned and kissed my palm and put her hands on top of mine. I smiled and kissed her forehead. She was really crying now.

"Yes, you nut. I'll take you anyway I can. But, I can't live without you, do you understand? Sweetness, I can't breathe without you," I replied and kissed her softly on the lips.

"The things you say.  Why are you so wonderful?" she asked crying.

"I mean everything I say. I'm not all that, but you make me wonderful. Babygirl, please don't cry. I hate to see you cry," I replied. She smiled at me and sniffed.

"You called me babygirl. I haven't heard that in so long. I missed it," she replied.

"You have always and will always be my babygirl," I replied, giving her a slow, sweet passionate kiss on the lips. How I missed those lips.

"That's what I wanted to hear," she replied.

"So, all this other crap is history. Can we start over?" I asked. She jumped up a little and hugged me around the neck. I hugged her back.

"Yes, yes and yes again," she replied and kissed my face. When she stopped, we kissed like it was our first kiss. I never wanted this kiss to end. I pulled her head closer to me to kiss her deeply and she moaned. Then, she stopped me.

"What is it baby?" I asked.

"Wait, Sebastian, what about you and Bianca?" she asked.

"There is no me and Bianca," I replied truthfully, but after that incident, I did have a couple of Bianca booty calls. I know it was wrong, but it felt so good. My bad. She sat on my lap, and ran her fingers through my hair. I kissed her shoulders.

"Yeah, you know that and I know that, but she doesn't. When she gets back, make sure that she knows that her delusions of grandeur with you are over. Make sure that she understands it's over. In fact, your whole hoochie squad is dismissed, comprende'?" she asked in that possessive tone of voice that I love, narrowing her eyes at me. She meant business and I did not mess with her when she was serious.

"Yes, maam, with your possessive, stubborn ass. Now give me some sugar," I replied and kissed her again.

After the kiss, I laid back on the sofa, pulling her on top of me. She ran her fingers over my chest in circles.

"Umm, Kai, that feels good," I whispered.

"I know it does. Sebastian?" she asked in that sweet, sexy voice of hers.

"Yes, baby?" I asked.

"What if I told you that I changed my mind, about the marriage thing, would you ask me again?" she asked shyly.

"Get off me, woman," I replied and smiled. She laughed. I kneeled in front of her and took both of her hands in mined. I kissed them and looked up at her.

"Listen to me. I already asked you to marry me and I wasn't prepared. I'm not going to pop the question right now. I want to get you a beautiful ring to go on this beautiful hand," I replied and she interrupted me.

"Oh, yes, baby, I want something gorgeous, bling bling, emerald cut, 3 carats, maybe 4, platinum setting, but that's it," she replied. I laughed.

"Okay, whatever you want, Ms. Demanding," I replied.

"You made me this way," she replied smiling at me. I kissed her knuckles.

"Yes, I did. I want this to be right, baby, something that you will always remember. To answer your next question, soon, very, very soon, when you least expect it. I love you, Kaiya," I replied smiling up at her.

"I love you. Alright, you spoiled brat, we'll do this your way," she replied running her fingers through my hair. I grinned mischievously at her and I raised up off my knees and boxed her in.

"Do you know how fine you are? I am so unbelievably horny, baby, and I know you are, too. Let me show you how much we've missed you," I replied kissing her neck. She sighed.

"It ain't gonna happen, dude. Aunt Flo is visiting," she replied. Oh well, I can't be inside her, but she was here and that was all I needed. We could do other things, I thought to myself. I gave her my saddest pout and she kissed my lips.

"Damn, I hate Aunt Flo," I replied.

"Me too, but I promise as soon as she's gone, I'm all yours," she replied smiling at me.

"I'm going to hold you to that," I replied. I pulled her up and hugged her tightly to me. I looked down into her eyes.

"A girl can only buy so many batteries," she replied. I laughed.

"You poor thing. Damn, that means you haven't had sex in 7 months? My girl must be so lonely. Don't worry, I'm back girl," I replied and she laughed.

"You miss the real thing, babygirl?" I asked. She gave me the sexiest look.

"Not only do I miss it, but I need it....bad," she replied.

"Bad?" I asked, slowly licking my lips at her.

"Really bad, baby. I miss those sexy lips of yours all over me and that fantastic tongue and you, inside of me. I may hurt you, boy," she replied, slowly licking her lips and looking at me. She was turning me on even more and I was already rock hard.

"Hurt me, hurt me, baby. Damn, I love you. Sexy ass, fine ass woman, you. Whew. Calm down boy, we ain't getting any. But, it's on when we do. Alright, let's just stay the night and leave tomorrow morning. I want to be alone with you," I replied kissing her neck again, then her shoulders. She sighed.

"Okay," she replied.

"Let's go into town and pretend we are stupid tourists. That's always fun. I can buy whatever you need in town," I replied.

"No need. I brought a bag. I left it outside by the door, just in case," she replied shyly. I gave her a grin and laughed.

"You little sneaky thing. Let's go," I replied, taking her hand and walking through the house to the front door. I stopped her and lifted her chin so she could look me in the eye. I looked down into her eyes and spoke.

"Let me tell you one more thing before we go, make sure we are crystal clear about something. I don't ever, ever want to go through that again. I am crazy about you, Kai, and I love you. You're mine, forever, and always, do you understand?" I asked. She stood on tiptoe and kissed me, then saluted me.

"Yes, sir. Ooh, I love it when you get all Conan possessive on me baby," she replied with a giggle.

"I know you do. Ready?" I asked and she nodded yes. I took her left hand in my right, kissed it, and walked out the door. My baby was back. In my opinion, all was right with the world.