Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 2

Kanji got off the phone with Gavin once more and glanced at the pictures that he had on his desk. Pictures of his friends from college, pictures of London from college. She was such a beautiful girl, he thought. Hell,they all were. When he and Gavin saw the four girls come into Quick Copy on campus, they never imagined how much of an impact they would make on their lives. Kanji began to thinking about the first time they all met…and especially the first time he set eyes on London Carter.
********************************************************************
Flashback--Freshman year

Gavin, Michael, Kanji and Mason met when they were Freshman, during a Playstation tournament in their dorm. They were all so different, but they clicked. Michael was a business major and a basketball star…a major player. Mason was a history major and a major player. Gavin and Kanji were both journalism majors and dated, but not with the intensity as Michael or Mason. They loved video games, pool, poker, basketball, football…and girls with nice asses.

They didn’t mind what color or race…just as long as they had a nice ass.

Kanji laughed as he remembered one day on the quad on campus when they realized the one female body part they absolutely all had in common. There were two beautiful girls one Spanish, one Black that passed them who were laughing and walking one day as they were hanging on the quad, and of course, they all simultaneously turned their heads and stared at the girls behind, and the only thing you could hear were umms and lip biting.

“How ya doin’, ladies,” Mason replied with a grin. The girls smiled, stopped and blushed.

“Good,” they both said tripping out over this white boy and the way he and his friends were checking them out.

“You damn right you’re good…you look very good,” Mason replied.

More smiling and hair flipping. “Thanks,” the Spanish girl said.

“Hold up a minute…let me talk to you,” Mason said as he walked over to the girls and spit game to them. Five minutes later, Mason had both phone numbers and the girls were blushing and smiling.

“See you around, Mason.” The Spanish girl said.

“Definitely,” Mason with a grin.

“I’ll be waiting for your call,” the black girl replied.

“You won’t be waiting long, sweetheart…trust me. See ya,” Mason said as the girls laughed and walked off. Kanji shook his head at Mason. How in the hell do you get two girls phone number…at the same time?

The four looked at one another and just nodded their approval of the attractive girls, their eyes still on the girls who were walking away really slowly. Then, Mason spoke, slowly licking his lips.

“I’m gonna seal the deal on both of them by the end of the week…watch,” Mason said.

“I’d like to see that,” Kanji stated.

Mason smiled. “It’ll happen…it always does. Got damn! They have ass for days…like cupholder ass,” Mason said as they all laughed.

“Like…put your plate on it and eat an entire meal ass,” Michael stated.

“If we were shipwrecked, those are the kinds of asses that could sustain you…they could keep you alive…,” Gavin said, but was interrupted by Kanji.

“For weeks, at least…damn. Those were nice…very nice,” Kanji replied.

“Yeah, they’re hot. But I don’t know if I could eat an ass that fine. It just don’t seem right,” Michael replied.

“Shiiiit…I could…I probably will,” Mason stated with a grin. Then, they all looked at each other, catching Mason’s dirty remark and started laughing.

Mason grinned. “So…I’m not the only ass man around here. That’s good to know. I knew you guys were cool.”

Present Day

And that’s how their friendship began. Kanji laughed as he remembered that day. Mason did actually hook up with both girls...one on Friday and one on Sunday. He was just a woman magnet...always had been.

Kanji grinned as he picked up the next picture of London, Taryn, Adrianna and Keira, then he began to reminisce about the first time he met them.

*********************************************************

Flashback--Junior Year

He and Gavin were at their full-time jobs at Quickie Copy on campus working hard, trying to get out faculty orders. It was junior year and since they didn’t live on campus, they needed jobs to pay the rent for the two bedroom apartment that they shared ten minutes from campus. They hadn’t had any customers come in for the last two hours, but Kanji and Gavin still had lots of orders to fill. Kanji’s head was down, placing binded workbooks in a box when Gavin walked over to him and kicked him in the shin.

“Dude, what the fuck is your problem?! That hurt!” Kanji groaned through clenched teeth.

“Hottie alert…four of ‘em,” Gavin whispered as Kanji looked up and saw four beautiful girls…two waiting at the counter and two others filling out applications at a table. They must have been underclassmen because he had never seen them before.

“Damn,” Kanji said as his eyes locked on one of the girls filling out an application. She was so cute, he thought, as he took in her beautiful dark skin. Then, when she lifted her head, she smiled at him and he changed his mind. She wasn’t cute…she was beautiful. She had shoulder length, black hair that was in a sleek ponytail, clear, brown skin, slightly upturned, wide dark brown eyes, a cute nose and lips that were so full and sexy, the only thing he could think about was taking those lips, softly pressing them to his and nibbling on them, to see if they were as sweet as they looked. He could see the outline of her body through her mint green velour jogging suit and he definitely liked what he saw. As he continued his perusal of mint chocolate as he called her in his mind, the two pretty girls at the counter were tapping their fingers. Then, the pretty black girl dressed in pink from head to toe began tapping her fingers quickly and quite loudly, saying, “Hey…if you’ve finished eyeballin’ us, can we get some copies made please.” This girl was Keira.

Gavin laughed as he smiled at the girl who had her arm linked through Keira’s.

“Sorry. How many?” Kanji asked as he filled out his copy request.

“300. Make them pink and…,” Keira stated.

“And yellow, Keira. Don’t forget the yellow. You know it has to be half and half and they specifically said pink and yellow. We gotta get this right, so don’t forget about the yellow, Kee,” the girl who’s arm was linked through hers said.

“I didn’t forget Taryn, damn! Girl, I bet you could aggravate a gnat with all of that naggin’,” Keira stated as the girls filling out the applications laughed. Kanji and Gavin chuckled lowly to themselves and Kanji’s eyes went back to the pretty, brown girl at the table.

“This was your idea, chica. You wanted to pledge, so deal with it,” Taryn said as she smiled at Gavin who was giving her a once over.

“Now you bring that up. Please, make 150 pink and 150 yellow,” Keira replied as the other two girls walked up to the counter.

“Sure,” Kanji said as he walked over to a copier, pulled out pink and yellow paper, placed it in the copier, and ran the original through to make the copies for his customers. Gavin was speaking with all of the girls and looking at the applications of the other two when Kanji walked up.

“We are hiring, aren’t we Kanji?” Gavin asked. Kanji locked eyes with the girl that he had been looking at and grinned. The girl smiled back, then turned her head, slightly blushing.

“Part-time, yeah. So, are you all friends?” Kanji asked.

“Yeah. I’m Taryn, you’ve met bossy Keira, the other Mamacita is Adrianna and the quiet one is London. We’re all sophomores and Keira and I are pledging Gamma Rho Sigma and those two need jobs so are you guys really hiring because they need some extra cash and I know we get a student discount or something on those copies, right?” Taryn asked all in one breath as Kanji and Gavin shook hands with the girls. Kanji’s hand lingered holding London’s then he pulled it away gently.

Taryn’s friends looked at her and the one named Adrianna said, “Wow…how in the hell do you do that?”

Keira began to fake cough and said, “Because she takes the oxygen from us, that’s how. You know it’s hard to breath when she’s in the general vicinity. My advice to you is to start taking deep breaths before she starts talking…that’s what I do. Trust me, it helps.”

London laughed and Kanji smiled at her. Her laugh was cute and sexy, he thought as he and Gavin laughed along with her.

“Screw you, Kee. So, I talk fast. In my future line of work, it’s going to be a big plus, so kiss my butt,” Taryn stated as she, Keira and Adrianna spoke about Taryn’s quick tongue.
Kanji’s eyes were still on London, who was watching her friends with a smile on her face, but she wasn’t saying anything.

“Looks like it’s hard to get a word in with them, huh?” Kanji asked in that deep voice of his. London nodded her head.

“Yeah…it’s difficult, but trust me, when I need to say something, I do. Hi, I’m London Carter as Motormouth Mami told you already and you are,” London said as she held out her hand to shake his.

“Hi, I’m Kanji Mitchell…nice to meet you,” Kanji began, his eyes still on London, who was staring right back at him. He took her smaller, brown hand in his larger, olive toned one and shook it. Her hand was so soft, he thought and these delightful little bolts keep going up his arm. He realized the same thing was happening to her, but she didn’t pull her hand away. She tilted her pretty little head to the side and smiled.

“Mitchell?” London asked.

Kanji laughed. “I get that a lot. My mom’s Japanese and Chinese and my dad’s American…Scottish actually…thus the last name Mitchell.”

“And the first name is Japanese, right?” London asked. The girl was so pretty, he thought taking in another look at her body in that mint green jogging suit that seemed to hug her curves. He quickly looked her over in a way that most guys do and smiled even more at her. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her…the girl was incredible. He noticed that they were still holding hands, but he didn’t pull away and she seemed fine with it, so he continued to hold her hand, leaning his 6’1 frame against the counter.

“That would be correct,” he replied.

“I really like your name…it’s different. It suits you,” London said.

“The next time I talk to my mother, I’ll let her know that you approve,” he replied.

“You do that,” London said lightly laughing.

“London” he said, letting her name roll across his tongue”…that’s cute. I like it,” Kanji said.

London, blushed and grinned at him. “Thanks.”

“That’s English, right?” Kanji asked with a grin as London laughed at him. He could stay right where he was and stare and flirt with her all day.

“Yes, it is,” she said.

“I’m thinking that mixed in with the African and Indian blood that there’s some Asian blood in you…maybe some Korean, possibly Chinese,” Kanji stated.

“I don’t know about that. The African and Indian is right, but Korean or Chinese…I haven’t a clue,” London said.

“Well, those gorgeous, upturned brown eyes say otherwise. You got some Asian in you, girl, I’m sure of it,” he said outloud, while saying to himself, ‘I wish I could put some Asian in you, baby, he thought.

London laughed. “You think?”

“Yeah! Hell, we might be related…who knows. But I don’t think that would be a good thing,” Kanji said still grinning.

London asked, “Why?”

As soon as he was about to answer, he heard his manager, a grad student named Ned yell, “Hey, you two. Try to get action on your own time. I don’t pay you to mack on girls. Get back to work,” and the girls burst out laughing. Gavin walked over to their manager with the applications along with Kanji. Kanji slowly pulled his hand from London’s and smiled at her before walking over to the copier to retrieve their finished copies from the copier. He saw the way her friends giggled and looked over at him. Aw, underclassmen…hardly corrupted, fresh meat. How he loved them.

“They’re customers, Ned, just waiting on their copies. Trying to help them pass the time…lighten up,” Gavin replied.

“Yeah…I’m sure you are. Every hot girl that comes in, you two jump on,” Ned replied. Kanji grinned.

Gavin said, “Aw, don’t be mad because you don’t get to them first.”

“No, you two pounce on them first. Big difference,” Ned said grinning.

“Lighten up, Ned. Here are their applications. The two cuties on the right seek employment,” Kanji said.

“Really? They’re hot,” Ned stated, looking over at the pretty girls London and Adrianna.

“Blazing,” Gavin said as he made eye contact with Kanji to start laying it on thick to at least get the girls considered.

“Look at them…wouldn’t you like to break up the monotony of all this paper and ink and testosterone by hiring those two? You’d have a nice view while you work,” Kanji stated as Ned began to grin.

“Great eye candy. I know they’d make me come to work on time every shift,” Gavin replied.

“Which would be a big feat for you, Gavin. Okay, I’ll look over their apps and call them for an interview. But, pretty girls never work out here. They work for a few weeks, then they complain about their nails and shit, and then they quit,” Ned said looking at the girls.

“These two might work out, Ned. They may be an exception to the rule,” Kanji said grinning.

“And if they don’t, a week or two…hell a couple of days of looking at them would be great,” Gavin replied as the men agreed. Ned walked over to London and Adrianna, shook their hands and spoke with them briefly about the part time positions available. Gavin and Kanji dapped each other off and Kanji brought the girls their copies. When they saw the price, he put his finger on her lips and grinned at them. He gave them their student discount and his too. Hell, he was a working student…he knew how tight ends could get.

“Aw, thank you so much. Cute and he gives us a discount. You’re too sweet. Thank you,” Taryn said as Gavin grinned at her.

“You’re welcome,” Kanji said, his eyes going back to London.

“Yeah, he may be cute and sweet, but if we weren’t fine, he wouldn’t have given us shit…am I right?” Keira asked as Gavin laughed loudly, along with London and Adrianna. Kanji just grinned.

“Kee…,” London sighed, in between laughing.

“I’m not gonna lie…when you’re right, you’re right.” Kanji stated honestly.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about. Thanks for the honesty…and the hook-up. Let’s go, yall,” Keira said as they linked arms together and laughed as they tried to get out of the door. They were silly, but it was cute, Kanji thought.

As they were walking out, Kanji said, “I’ll be seeing you soon, ladies.”

London and Adrianna turned around. “I hope so.” Adrianna stated.

Kanji’s eyes were on London. “Count on it. Have a good one.”

London smiled at him, showing that dimple in her right cheek. “You too. Thanks.” When they were out the door, Kanji put his head down on the counter and Gavin groaned.

“Oh my god, did that just happen? Four hot girls at once? ” Gavin said.

Kanji moved his head from side to side on the counter, then raised it. “Yeah, it did…and yeah, they were all just…oh man…incredible.”

“They were all nice, but I like the one named Taryn…so hot. Did you see the rack on Adrianna? Nice,” Gavin replied.

“Yeah, she did have nice ones,” Kanji stated in agreement.

“But she had nice everything. And that Keira…pretty as hell and funny and mouthy…she really called you out. She’s got a nice ass, man…and those eyes. She’s real cute,” Gavin replied.

“Yeah, she is, but, the one that I was checkin’…the pretty little one named London…that face and that smile with the shy shit…so hot…and the ass on that girl…oh my god…that was a beautiful sight. Life doesn’t get any better than that.” Kanji stated.

“Yeah, it does, but I’m not gonna go there, but the woody in my pants wishes I could…shit, I need a cold shower…bad,” Gavin said as he looked at his friend and they burst out laughing.
********************************************************************
Present Day

Kanji laughed out loud thinking about how hard it literally was for he and Gavin to get back to work that day. He remembered the next time they were with Mason and Michael how they bragged about the hot girls that they met at their job.

“Those were the days,” Kanji said out loud as he ran his fingers through his hair and went back to work.