Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Title: Aint Born Typical

A/N: I got inspired by the song U R a Fever by the Kills and could not get the character Zoe out of my head. Plus I must admit it's nice to see Elena get a little taste of her own medicine.

Rating: R for now, and NC17 in later chapters

Pairings: Elena/Stefan Damon/Bonnie

Setting: Just before season 2 would begin sans Katherine's return and attack on good old Uncle

Disclaimer: I do not own the Vampire diaries world or characters, and no profit is being made from this story. I do however own all original characters that appear.

Chapter 1:

Coming back to herself as the spell ended she moved to the couch picking up her cell phone off the end table as she dialed Stefan's number.

"Hello."

"It's done."

"It worked?"

"She heard me."

"Then she'll come," he replied with an infliction in his voice that made her frown.

  There was an emotion just under the surface she'd never expected to pick up from him. It was like there was Katherine and then no life until Elena, but she guessed that was silly. There was a lot about Stefan they didn't know, and always dealing with Damon's tricks made him seem even more like a Saint; but really no one was without flaws or mistakes.

"I hope you're sure about this Stefan because I meant what I said," she whispered reminding him that her words were more than a threat.

 She couldn't save Grams but she could sure as hell stop anyone else from suffering the same fate. How Damon having his Vamp BFF present was supposed to keep him walking the straight and narrow baffled her. Didn't birds of a feather flock together? She'd looked like a femme fatale and what she'd been dining on hadn't been rabbit or deer. Still this way she could give him enough rope to hang himself. It was more of a check for herself really, to be able to say she'd given him every opportunity to be different if she had to collect on her promise. Cause once you started using magic for your own gain things got dark swiftly.

"I'm sure Bonnie, I wouldn't have asked you to do this if I was not" he said as silence lapsed.

"Well I should be getting to bed-" Bonnie began.

"She misses you Bonnie," he said making her roll her eyes. This was the last conversation she wanted to be having.

"She sure has a funny way of showing it Stefan," She said shaking her head as the anger she'd been trying to force down for too long welled up.

   Bonnie had been nothing but an afterthought since the Salvatore brothers came into town. Truthfully at times she wanted to throw in the towel on their friendship, but eighteen years was a long time.

"It's hard for her too right now," He said ever the loyal boyfriend.

  She wondered if he was truly blind to the way she strung Damon along; flashing those flirty eyes, suggestive smiles and maybe someday vibes. It had to be like watching history repeating itself. She truly loved her friend, but what she was doing was wrong and she needed a reality check. It was something she'd have expected from Caroline.

"Stefan... it's hard for everyone," She said shaking her head.

  The world seemed like it was upside down with her drifting away from the people who had meant the most and Caroline and Elena seeming to swap M.O's.

"Look I have to go," She said.

"Okay Bonnie, thank you again and goodnight."

She had saved the boys tonight as her white flag to Elena and for now that would have to be enough.

__

Zoe

  Making her way through the town towards their home she felt a chill run down her spine. She did not like this place. She'd cut all ties with her past knowing it would be nothing short of torture to watch those entire she cared about age and die.  She'd toyed with shutting her emotions off completely, but knew it would be too much power unchecked. To be able to do whatever you wanted without remorse or regret was just asking for trouble; and she'd had to fight long and hard to get to where she was now. She wouldn't call herself evil, she liked to play games and knew how to be ruthless when it was necessary but she did have morals.

 It'd been a long time since she'd stayed anywhere for long, and she imagined this thing with Damon wouldn't be a quick fix kind of deal. Not that she minded, he was the one thing she'd allowed herself to love since being brought over; and he returned that emotion even if he couldn't say the words. Most people thought he had no heart, but she and Stefan knew better. Unless he'd finally convinced his little brother he truly was evil incarnate. It had seemed to be his goal for as long as she could remember. Over her tour of the town she used vamp speed to bring her to their door and rang the doorbell.

"Stefan?" She mouthed sherry brown doe eyes growing wide as the younger Salvatore appeared stepping out of the door and closing it behind him with a finger pressed against his lips.

"Not here," he mouthed moving further away and in to the woods as she followed.

"Zoelle," he said smiling as he pulled her in for a hug making her smile.

  He'd always had a certain smell, like rain, forest and a musk that was him alone.

"Stef, what's with the cloak and dagger? It was never your style," She teased trying to play it cool as her worry grew.

"Katherine wasn't in the tomb." He said as her jaw dropped.

"She's dead?"

"No Zoe, she was never there," he said as her brown eyes grew wide.

"Fuck... this is ..." She hissed trailing off as she found herself in at a loss of words. This was ... devastation.

"I'm going to kill that bitch," She vowed making the hair on his neck stand on edge. Zoe like

his brother did not waste time with idle threats.

"You-," he started interrupted by an all too familiar ring tone.

"Elena what's wrong?"

"It's JER! He swallowed sleeping pills and I can't get him to wake up!"

"I'm on my way," he said flashing Zoe an apologetic look before disappearing.

So Stefan's found himself a human after all this time.... Should make this stay entertaining she thought smirking as she made her way back to drag Damon kicking and screaming from rock bottom. He needed a new project and as she looked back to the spot Stefan had vacated she had the feeling she had come up with something he would love. After all driving his brother insane was his favorite pastime.

__

Damon

  Taking another swig of Scotch from the bottle he cursed his inability to easily become intoxicated. All he wanted to do was forget and  lately that meant drinking himself in to a stupor and fucking everything he could get his hands on to. Adding the now empty bottle to the bone yard under his bed he stumbled to the shower pausing to speak before entering.

"Rise and shine Delta Phis its time to find your way out," he said letting his mental commands from last night kick in.

  Starting the shower he stripped off his clothes before easing into the stall and letting the hot water rinse off the smell of sex, sweat and liquor from his body. If only he could rid himself of memories of her the same way. Damn .... One hundred and forty-five years wasted. He still couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that it had all been bullshit. It had never crossed his mind for a second that Katherine was anything other than marching down the aisle, forever and ever amen in love with him.

 To find out he'd been nothing but a play thing and a joke cut deeper than anything else in life ever had. It turned out what they said was true; karma really was a bitch.

"Stefan really? Your bugging me in the shower now? I promise I have no plans of offing myself tonight so you can go hover over your lady fair" he yelled over the water.

"That's a disturbing thought," said a female voice that actually made his lips curve upwards as he stuck his head out the shower.

__

"Zoe."

"I just saw your Slum buddy's leave and I figured you could use some company, finish up and I'll tell you all about the aces I have up my sleeve."

Which really meant Stefan called me and told me about what happened I'm here for you but I won't push. He had always appreciated that about her, she knew when to not say anything and he was damn sure she came bearing gifts of distraction.






Chapter End Notes: