Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“I’ve told you my story Jessie.”

 

“Yeah, you told me about Cliff and Jacob and some other guy. But baby I want details.”

 

“Details of what?” Angie laughed at Jessie’s choice of words.

 

“Well let’s start with Cliff Warner. What was his story?”

 

“Well Cliff was very supportive, especially with all the time I took off from the hospital. And after his wife, Nina died we really leaned on one another.”

 

“Nina…Nina, why does that name sound familiar?”

 

“Nina Courtland was Palmer’s daughter. She died a short time after you. It feels so strange saying that.”

 

“I’m so sorry Angela. I will never stop apologizing for what I put you through.”

 

“Baby don’t, as long as you’re here with me you never have to apologize again.” Jessie reached over and kissed her on her forehead.

 

“Cliff was offer the Chief-of-Staff position at Pine Valley East and he took the job. I choose to stay here. He remained one of my dearest friends and we still keep in touch today.”

 

“So he’s happily married with his own family right?”

 

“Yes he is Jessie.”

 

“Just checking.” Angie couldn’t help but laugh at his wonderful sense of humor. “Continue.”

 

“A few years later Joe Martin called me into his office and told me about a clinic that needed a lot of attention in New York. He asked me if I would be interested in running it and I jumped at the chance.”

 

“My Angela, running her own clinic.”

 

“Well when I got there the place was in a state of disorder, there were no medical supplies, no beds, and hardly any staff. I had to start from scratch. That’s where Jacob came in. He owned a blues bar next door. The first time I saw him; I fainted where I stood. His resemblance to you was uncanny.”

 

“He must really be a good looking guy.”

 

“When I found out he wasn’t you, I disliked him immediately.”

 

“Good for you Angela!”

 

“But he did have a way about him and I eventually softened up to him.”

 

“It’s always the good looking ones that manage to suck you in.”

 

“Can I finish my story of are you going to keep interrupting me?”

 

“Finish your story. I’ll just sit back and listen while staring into those gorgeous brown eyes.”

 

“I fell in love with him and Cassandra. We were married a year from the day we first met.”

 

“Isn’t that romantic…okay I’ll be quiet.”

 

“The first year was really hard. Cassandra’s mother left when she was a baby and Jacob had a really hard time adopting her.”

 

“Wait, so Cassandra is not Jacob’s biological daughter?”

 

“No, her mother showed up one night in his bar with Cassandra in tow looking for a job. Jacob hired her as a waitress and let her stay in an empty apartment above the bar. In time, they fell in love and he always thought of Cassandra as his own. They were suppose to get married and he was going to adopt Cass before she left.”

 

“What do you mean she left, just like that?”

 

“One day out of the blue she started complaining about how she couldn’t do this anymore. Jacob tried to calm her down but she ran out of the house and never came back. Jacob was heartbroken especially when Cass would cry out for her. He still tried to adopt her and he ran into a lot of red tape. After we got married and convinced the judge we were a real family, he made the adoption official for the both of us.”

 

“You know Angela, I can’t even sit here and ask how could a mother do that to her child, when I did the same thing.”

 

“It’s not the same thing Jessie.”

 

“What’s different Angela? She left her child and so did I. I just hope that if she ever decides to come back, Jacob can forgive her the same way you forgave me.”

 

“Well I’m all for forgiveness Jessie. But I for one am thankful that Summer gave me the change to become Cassandra’s mother.”

 

“Wait, run that by me again. “Did you say Summer?”

 

“Yes that was her name. Why?”

 

“Well this may be one hell of a coincident but you know the woman I told you about? Her name was also Summer.”