Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“There was someone that I grew close to. I met her about a year after I went into hiding. She seemed to understand exactly what I was going. It was as if she was also running from her own ghosts. She wanted to start a family and settle down. I didn’t want to father another child on the run, so I broke it off with her. She ran out of the house crying, screaming that I was going to regret this. Witnesses say she was driving erratically right before the car went over the cliff. There was an explosion and she died instantly.” 

 

Angie assisted Jesse in wiping a the tears away that were falling freely down his face. He took her hands and held them in his.

 

“Jesse I can’t begin to imagine what you went through. I’m so sorry you had to go through it alone. And I hope that you realize that car accident was not your fault. God you must have been dying inside.”

 

“I was baby. But it wasn’t because I felt a lost for her it was because of the lost I felt for you. I thought about you and Frankie and I just broke down and cried and cried. I just started walking along the highway, next thing I knew, I wake up three days later in a hospital the next town over. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t stand, it hurt to breathe. I lost it Angela. I lost control of my self and …I had a nervous breakdown. I admitted myself and stay until I could feel again.”

 

It was Jessie’s turn to wipe away the tears from falling from her face. As he gazed affectionately into her, Angie pulled him into her and an embraced him whole.

 

“I’m sorry if I pushed you Jesse. I’ll understand if you don’t want to talk about this anymore.”

 

“You didn’t push me Angela. I want to share this with you. I need to.”

 

Jesse rose to his feet and walked over to the bay window. He took a brief moment to collect himself before he continued.

 

“After I was released, I found out that the people who ‘killed’ me were the same ones responsible for her car accident. I finally got it in my thick skull that I had to stay away from you and Frankie. I couldn’t live with myself if anything happened to the two of you. So I pretty much stayed to myself. And there you have it. Twenty years of living under the radar thinking about you."

"So Mrs. Hubbard what’s your story?”