Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 12

Tavin tightly hugged Janae early Sunday morning at the airport as they heard the announcement for Janae's flight to board. Janae hugged her back just as tightly. Cameron smiled at Janae and gave her a hug.

"Hey kid. Don't get into any trouble. And don't sleep on your friend Brandon. That kid is just biding his time...trust me, I know," Cameron stated with a grin.

"I won't get into any trouble and believe me, I've been trained well. I'll watch him. Tavy, I love you so much. Can I visit again soon?" Janae asked, as her brown eyes widened. Tavin wiped Janae's tear stained cheeks, but held her own tears in. She didn't want Janae to see her cry.

"Yes. Don't cry sweetie, okay. Remember what I said about that wonderful summer dance program downtown? You can come for the summer and attend. You'd love it. Just tell mama to call me about the details, okay. Besides, I'll see you before the summer...spring break, remember?" Tavin asked as Janae shook her head yes.

"I remember," Janae said, sniffling as she continued to hold on to her older sister.

Tavin smiled at her. "Be good and keep kicking butt in school. You call me as soon as you land and when you get home, understand?" Tavin asked.

"Yes, Tavy," Janae replied smiling. Tavin hugged her tightly.

"Oh, Doodles, I love you so much. I'm going to miss you. Go on, Doodles. It's time. Don't forget to call me and e-mail okay?" Tavin asked as Janae smiled.

"I won't forget. Bye, big sis. Nice meeting you Cameron. Keep my sister happy. She deserves it. I love you Tavy," Janae replied tears running down her face. Tavin couldn't hold it together any longer as she watched her sister begin to walk away.

"I love you too, baby sister. Be careful. Remember to call...as soon as you land and as soon as you get home," Tavin stated. Janae nodded and waved until she was out of sight. Tavin broke down and the tears began to freely fall. Cameron watched his girl cry and he wished he could do something about it. He pulled her into his arms and soothingly rubbed her back. Tavin pulled her arms against his chest as he comforted her. He felt so good...safe...exactly what she needed at the time.

"Lovely, don't cry. You know I hate to see you cry...aw, baby, it's okay...don't cry, baby, it's okay," he whispered soothingly, placing his chin on the top of her head.

"I know," Tavin sniffled, as she snuggled closer into his chest

"You're going to see her again...the time will pass by...you'll see," Cameron whispered.

"I know, it's just that...I hate this, Cameron. If things were different...," Tavin whispered, hugging him tighter. He kissed the top of her head, then lifted her chin to make her look into his eyes.

"I know, Tav...I know. You know what?" Cameron asked, as he wiped the tears from her face with the pads of his thumbs, his green eyes gazing down into her brown.

"What?" Tavin asked.

"I think my baby needs some big time cheering up. What do you think?" Cameron asked.

Tavin sniffled. "Yeah...big time...and some major babying too," Tavin replied as Cameron grinned. He kissed her on the forehead.

"I can do that. So basically, you get whatever you want, whenever you want from here on out?" Cameron asked. Tavin sighed.

"Yep...the usual," Tavin stated.

"Spoiled brat," he whispered.

"Your fault. You treat me too good. I wish she could visit more, Cameron," Tavin whispered.

Cameron gave her a quick peck on the lips. "I know you do, Tav. One day, she'll be able to. Come with me baby. I've got to put a smile back on that pretty face," Cameron whispered as he led her out of the airport and to his car.

That afternoon, Cameron kept Tavin occupied by taking her to see a movie and an Indian art exhibit that she had been wanting to attend for weeks. He topped the day off with dinner at one of her favorite Thai restaurants. As they were on their way back from dinner, Janae called her to inform her that she had landed and was safely on the way home. Tavin smiled sadly, but was happy that her sister was safe and sound.

Tavin looked over at Cameron as he drove back to his penthouse. He made her feel so much better after Janae left. She really loved this man, she thought as he rubbed her thigh with his right hand and drove with his left. He felt her staring at him and he grinned.

"I know why you're looking at me," Cameron replied knowingly.

"Why am I looking at you?" Tavin asked.

"Because you can't help it...I'm too cute for you to look away," he replied with a grin.

Tavin laughed. "Your head has got to weigh a ton. You are so conceited."

"You still love me though?" Cameron asked.

"I sure do. Cam, thank you for today. You kissed my booty and you let me have my way all day. What a man," Tavin replied as Cameron laughed.

"That's what I'm here for...use me as you will. Do you feel better?", Cameron asked.

Tavin grinned. "Yep."

"Then my job is done," he replied with a grin as Tavin took her seat belt off and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. He smelled so good that she decided to kiss his neck. He groaned.

"You know, you're very sexy when you're giving a woman her way, you know," she whispered.

"Shit, then I should be sexy to you all the time," he replied as Tavin laughed and kissed his neck slowly.

"Ummm...you are, baby. You smell so good, Cameron," Tavin whispered.

Cameron smiled as he felt Tavin's lips all over his neck. "So do you. Woman, what are you doing?"

"What does it feel like I'm doing?" Tavin asked in a seductive tone of voice as the tip of her tongue went slowly up the column of Cameron's neck. He let out another low growl.

"It feels like you're making me hard, baby," Cameron whispered as Tavin giggled and repeated the same action along his neck. Tavin loved the response she got out of Cameron. It made her feel powerful.

"Is it getting really hard? Let me see," Tavin stated running her hand along his erection. Cameron sucked in a deep breath as his foot hit the accelerator harder.

"Ooh, it is hard...and thick...and big. Do you have any idea how good it feels when you slide into me?" Tavin asked, running her tongue along the shell of his ear. Cameron gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"Oh shit, baby...you're talking dirty and you don't do that too often, so you know what that does to me...it turns me on big time...and you're stroking my dick. Shit, Tav, you're gonna make me crash," he whispered as Tavin dropped small kisses on his neck, taking small bites out of it, then sucking it.

"Cameron, I don't want you to crash, but baby...I'm horny...I want you...I need you, Cameron...inside me...now," Tavin whispered as she ran her tongue over his bottom lip and pulled it slowly into her mouth.

"Aw, shit, baby," Cameron sped up. Tavin grinned.

"You in a hurry, Cameron?" Tavin asked.

Cameron pulled into his penthouse parking spot and whispered, "Hell yeah." He parked his car and pulled Tavin out of it. She wasn't walking fast enough, so he picked her up and put her over his shoulder.

"What the f....Captain Caveman, put me the hell down," Tavin stated with a laugh as Cameron walked quickly to the elevator with her on his shoulder. He slapped her on her behind.

"Nope. You moving too damn slow, girl. You know how bad I want you and you go licking and kissing me, then you go touching my shit and talking dirty...telling me you're horny...ooh, you're in trouble," Cameron replied as the elevator opened. He put her down and grabbed her by the back of the head and kissed her with a passionate frenzy. Tavin kissed him back just as passionately as he grinded against her. Tavin moaned as the elevator opened on Cameron's floor. He gave her a soft kiss, followed by a slow tongue lick down the center of her lips, then grabbed her hand as they walked to his door.

Cameron opened the door, pulling Tavin in. He kicked the door closed, and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her against him to kiss her again. Their coats and shoes went flying in all directions. Cameron pushed Tavin against the wall near the door, and pulled her sweater over her head, throwing it on the floor. Cameron's sweatshirt followed Tavin's sweater as his hands went to the zipper on Tavin's jeans. He unzipped them, pulled them off her legs quickly and tossed them. Cameron stepped out of his sweatpants and kicked them across the room. He was dressed in his boxers as he kept her glued to the wall. Tavin ran her hands over his chest.

"Cameron, umm, you are so...fine...umm," she whispered as her eyes ran over his tan, muscular, hairless chest.

"Thank you...so are you...but you're still dressed," he whispered as he stared at Tavin from the top of her head to the white socks on her feet. Cameron kissed her passionately and reached in back of her to take off her bra. After unhooking the lacy scrap of material, he threw it and kissed his way down her body. Tavin was still dressed in her white lace bikinis.

"Are you blind? I have on nothing but my bra...correction, my undies. I'm damn near naked," she whispered as her eyes followed Cameron as he kissed her stomach. Cameron stared into her eyes as he ran his tongue along her stomach, right along the lacy edge of her panties. Tavin moaned, and closed her eyes.

"But you're not naked," he whispered. She felt Cameron's hands on her hips, then felt a slight yank. When she opened her eyes, Cameron was ripping her panties. He threw them in the pile with the rest of their discareded clothes.

"Ooh, aren't we in a hurry. Not gonna make it to the bed, huh?" Tavin asked. Cameron gave her a sly grin.

"We'll get there...eventually. Right now, I'm too hard and horny to make it to the bed. Besides, this is a new place for us. Go with it," he whispered licking the space below her belly button. Cameron sat back away from her and spread her legs.

"And you ripped my drawers? That was kinda freaky. I liked that," Tavin whispered as she watched Cameron stare between her legs at her, slowly running his tongue along his bottom lip. She felt sexy and powerful under his stare and she loved the way he gazed at her.

"Glad you liked me ripping your panties, now shush baby," he whispered as his eyes moved slowly from the vee between her legs to her eyes.

"I thought you were hard and horny...come on Cam, stop teasing," Tavin whispered.

"Gotta get you back from earlier. Payback is a bitch, ain't it baby?" he asked as his hands traveled over her hips.

"Alright you tease...just do something, Cameron, please. I'm so hot," she whispered.

"Calm down, baby. I got you. Here," Cameron ran his hands between her thighs, slowly walking his fingers up her thighs as he placed one finger inside her, moving it in and out. Tavin's head rolled back as he inserted another finger.

"Finally...ummm," Tavin moaned as his fingers moved inside of her.

Cameron grinned as he watched her, curling his fingers up into her, stroking her in and out. Tavin moaned loudly as Cameron asked, "Feel good, baby?"

"Yes, really good...better than my own damn fingers," she whispered as Cameron chuckled lowly. Tavin didn't care as she reveled in the feel of his fingers moving in and out of her. Cameron looked up at her with hooded eyes, loving the way she felt around his fingers. He removed his fingers. Tavin looked down and Cameron was staring at her again, licking his lips.

"Why'd you stop, damn it?" Tavin asked in a husky low voice. Cameron loved when she sounded like that...sexy and full of desire.

"Because I wanted to do this," he replied as he kissed her thighs, placed her left leg on his shoulder and clamped his mouth on her.

"Nice and wet...just like I like it," Cameron whispered as Tavin gripped his head to keep his wonderful lips and his tongue on her. He held on to her hips as Tavin kept her hand on his head.

"Cameron...baby...please...don't stop...Oh, baby...umm, please," she whispered as Cameron licked, sucked and kissed her. Tavin gripped his head tighter and moaned when he moved his tongue in and out of her quickly.

"Umm, Cameron," she whispereed as he continued to suck her private place. He took her clit in his mouth and sucked it until Tavin began to scream.

"Oh...oh...oh," Tavin screamed as her climax hotly washed over her. Cameron kissed her until she finished, then kissed his way back up her body. She almost fell to the floor, but she felt Cameron's arm around her waist, holding her up. Cameron pulled off his boxers and she heard a rip and saw him roll a condom quickly over his length.

"I can't take it anymore. I need to be inside you, Tavin...now. Wrap your legs around my waist, like this," he whispered, as he pulled her legs around his waist. She did as he asked and wrapped her arms around his neck. He entered her in one, swift thrust. They both moaned at the sensation of being together like this again. Cameron kissed Tavin's neck.

"You're not going to drop me, are you Cam? Don't let me fall," Tavin whispered, as Cameron gritted his teeth. She felt so good.

"Never baby. I got you, Tavin. Trust me. Oh shit, baby...nobody feels like you, Tavin. It's so good, baby...damn," he whispered as he began moving inside of her. She felt so good, tight and wet. He didn't want to come yet, he thought to himself, but damn...she felt good...amazing.

Tavin loved the way he felt inside of her...thick and long, stretching and filling her, feeling too good to be real.

"Mmm, baby you feel so...umm," Tavin whispered as Cameron stroked slowly inside of her.

Cameron asked in a whisper," Did you really miss me? Because I really missed you...I missed the way you taste...I missed this...you feel so good, baby...did you miss me as much as I missed you?"

"Oh yes, baby, I missed you...so much, Cameron...umm," Tavin whispered, her head back, eyes closed, just feeling him, just being with him.

Cameron moved to the left and up, hitting her g-spot. "Did you miss me hitting that?" he asked, nipping her ear. Tavin licked her lips.

"Oh, yes," Tavin moaned loudly.

"Are you mine, Tavin, just mine?" Cameron asked as he thrust harder and quicker inside of her, watching her enjoy what he was doing to her. Her wetness was suctioning him in deeper, making it hard for him to hold on. He wanted to make this good for her, so he held on longer. He moved up, down and around to to her spot, watching her bite her bottom lip and listening to her moan.

"Yes, Cameron, I'm only yours," she whispered as her legs tightened around him to keep him where she wanted him.

"Is this mine, baby?" Cameron asked, thrusting faster inside of her. Cameron's voice was deeper and huskier when they made love and he was talking to her, which she loved...it only made her more wet and more excited.

"Yes, baby...it's all yours...just yours...umm, don't stop, Cameron," she whispered.

"Don't stop baby?" he asked, licking the spot behind her ear, still moving faster inside of her until he felt her tighten around him even more.

"Don't stop, don't stop. Please, stay right there...stay right there," she whispered as he did what she asked for a few minutes, then Tavin began to feel that familiar feeling wash over her. Her muscles tightened around him even more and Cameron groaned, biting his lip.

"So good, lovely, so good...ummm. Hmm, that's it, come for me Tavin. Feels like a good one, too. I love to feel you come baby. That's it, come all around me," he whispered. Those words did her in and he felt her tighten more as she screamed his name loudly, muscles pulsing as she climaxed. Cameron didn't want to come, but he couldn't take it anymore. She felt too good.

"I don't want to come yet baby, but I can't help it. You feel so good and tight...and hot...umm, I'm coming baby, shit," Cameron groaned as he thrust five times hard and quick into her as he orgasmed.

"Tavin," he groaned as he came. They both panted and Tavin sighed that sexy, happy sigh that he loved. Cameron smiled and buried his face in her neck, kissing her neck. He kissed his fingers, then placed them on her lips and told her he'd be right back. She heard the toilet flush and he ran back to her, positioning himself right where he was again.

"You alright, baby? You want something to drink or something?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine. Everything I need is right here. Maybe we'll make it to the bed the next time," Tavin whispered in an exasperated voice as Cameron looked up at her and gave her a peck on the lips.

"What are you talking about? The bed is too far," Cameron panted out with a grin as he walked a lifeless Tavin over to the soft, huge rug in the middle of the living room floor. He laid her down and lay gently on top of her, kissing her again. His lips moved from her lips to her left ear, gently sucking the lobe as Tavin sighed happily, kissing his forehead.

"Damn, I'm...that was...woo...baby....damn. Now that's what I call welcoming your man home," Cameron whispered, peppering open mouthed kisses on her neck. Tavin smiled and ran her hand over the back of his head.

"Don't say I didn't welcome you back with open arms...legs...," Tavin stated as Cameron chuckled, his hands rubbing her bottom slowly.

"More dirty talk, huh baby? I like that. Baby, I love you," he whispered, still looking into her eyes. Tavin leaned up and kissed his lips and stared at him for a minute.

"Aw, Cameron, I love you too. It's that good, huh?" Tavin asked.

"Yes...extremely good," he exclaimed as Tavin kissed him again, smiling. There was silence again.

"Cameron, I'm about to get mushy, alright."

"As long as I can lay here and rub your ass, you can do whatever you want," Cameron replied.

"You are so nasty. No, really Cam, that was...undescribable. Every time we make love it's like, there's no you and there's no me. Nothing else exists, nothing else matters. There's just us and this passion that we have for each other and how we feel. You know what I mean?" Tavin asked as he kissed the tip of her nose.

"Yeah. We get any hotter and we're going to spontaneously combust," Cameron replied laughing as Tavin smiled as she popped him upside the head.

"Ooh, you. The chemistry is just off the charts," Tavin stated.

"Yeah, and the sex is shit...great," Cameron stated as Tavin shook her head.

"It's not just sex, Cameron," Tavin said blushing.

"If what we just did was not sex, then I don't know what it was...fucking?" Cameron asked.

"No you didn't just say that what we did was fucking," Tavin said pulling away to look at him.

"Aw shit. Umm, hell, I can't...aw, hell. Baby, what I meant to say was...," he replied.

"Yeah, if you plan on getting any more of this tonight, you better fix this shit," Tavin replied giving him a look, her eyes narrowed.

"Okay. This is going to be good. You're going to like this," he replied with a grin, kissing her fingertips.

"Yeah, it better...or no more booty for you," Tavin replied.

"What I meant was, it's not all the same, but the action is...you can say anything...you don't like that either, huh, lovely? I can tell by the way you're stabbing me with your eyes," Cameron replied.

"If you weren't so damn cute, you'd be hurt right now. Fix it, because, I need to some more loving. Two weeks is a long damn time. Fix it now!" Tavin exclaimed. Cameron sat up on his elbows and looked at her.

"Okay, baby...damn. You are a little loco. Okay, I got it. I could be doing the nasty, doing the freaky deaky, umm, boning, sexing, fucking you, but I'm always loving you, baby...making love to you. I'm always there with you...my heart is always with you...with every moan, every stroke. I'm always thinking how much I love you and how much I wish we could stay together like that, close to like that. I'm always feeling what you feel, Tavin...that I wish the feeling would never end. I keep falling for you every time I'm with you, baby. Now, what's the verdict? Do I get to keep breathing?" Cameron asked as he kissed her softly on the lips, then pulled away looking into her eyes.

"As long as you mean it," Tavin stated, thinking of how much she loved this man. Cameron ran his finger along her nose and slowly across her lips.

"Of course I mean it, Tavin. I adore you, baby. I'm crazy about you. You're all I see," he whispered as Tavin leaned her head up and kissed him on the lips.

"Okie dokie. Your booty priviledges are retroactive again," Tavin replied as he kissed her with a laugh. He looked down at her and began to harden again. Tavin heard another condom wrapper open and he slipped another one on.

"But really, Tav. I know exactly what you mean, lovely. I feel you...damn, do I feel you," Cameron whispered as his erection moved right to her wet entrance, moving against her clitoris and staring into her eyes.

Tavin whispered with a slow, low moan, staring back into those sexy green eyes. "Hmm, I sure do feel you...umm."

"Freak," he whispered, tracing her bottom lip slowly with his tongue.

"You created me...your fault," Tavin whispered.

"And I have no problem taking the blame either. What you said was pretty deep. Speaking of deep...I want to go deep baby...so deep," he whispered as he moved inch by inch inside of her.

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Do your thing, Cam," Tavin whispered.

Cameron grinned, halfway inside of her. "I will baby, don't worry".

"Hey, what was all that talk aobut wearing me out," Tavin whispered as her breath caught when Cameron finally thrust fully into her, filling her to the hilt. Tavin moaned, loving the feel of his thick, long length inside of her. The man felt too good.

"You need to work on your listening skills, baby. I said I was going to tear your ass up and that's what I'm going to finish doing. Umm....Tavin...I love you so much baby...nobody feels like you...nobody like you, baby...nobody," he whispered as he moved back and forth inside her, at the pace that they both loved. Damn, he loved this woman, he thought.

Tavin bit her bottom lip and ran her hands up and down his back and wrapped her legs around his waist. Damn she loved this man, she thought as her eyes closed again.

"Umm, I love you too, Cameron...I love you baby...how I love you...just keep doing that...ummm...and that....ummm," Tavin whispered as she continued to make love with her man.
******************************************************************
It was the second week of December and things were going wonderfully between Tavin and Cameron. Yes, they fought like cats and dogs, but when they made up...well, making up was always the icing on the cake. Tavin sat across from Dr. Marine, with a smile on her face, thinking about how Cameron talked her into a lunchtime quickie in the backseat of his car. Tavin grinned at the memory. Still, something this good couldn't last, which was always in the back of Tavin's mind.

"Well, it sounds as if everything is going very well Tavin. What do you think?" Dr. Marine asked with a smile on her face.

"I don't know. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know what I mean Dr. M?" Tavin asked.

"No, I don't know what you mean. Why don't you explain it to me?" Dr. Marine inquired as Tavin sighed and began to speak.

"I still have doubts about my relationship with Cameron. They're still not gone. Good things happen to me, then the bottom falls out, Dr. M. It's just what happens. I mean, I'm in love...truly in love and I'm happy. And the funny thing is, the man is in love with me. I bitch, I'm mean as hell sometimes, but he loves me. This gorgeous, sexy, fine as hell man could have anyone he wants, but he wants me. Tavin Wilson, boring accountant. The things he does for me and to me are incredible Dr. M. Flowers just because he was thinking about me, double chocolate ice cream because he figured I would want some...sweet, cute crap like that and you know what? I'm gone...I'm putty in his hands. It took me almost a year to tell you what my stepfather did to me, but it came out with ease when I told him. Yeah, we fight and we make up...lord, do we make up. But I'm so comfortable with him and that's scary. I've never really been comfortable with a man. He treats me so good, Dr. M, sometimes I just think what have I done to deserve this. He gets me, Dr. M.---he sees through all the crap. He looks at me, and I blush. He touches me and I get goosebumps...the good ones. He kisses me and ....forget about it...I can't remember my own name. I'm not freezing anymore, Dr. M. I feel normal, like a woman with a good man is supposed to feel. But, I'm still on edge. I keep thinking that I'm going to screw this up, or he's going to screw this up or someone or something else is going to screw this up. I know I'm crazy, but that's why I'm here, paying you $100 bucks an hour," Tavin stated with a sigh.

Dr. Marine placed her ink pen down and stared at Tavin with concerned eyes. Tavin straightened out her blazer and looked at her therapist.

"Well, let me see if I understand you. You still have doubts about your relationship because you think that you're not good enough or attractive enough for Cameron, and you are basically waiting for something dreadful to happen. Is that right?" Dr. Marine inquired.

"Yeah, that's it in a nutshell," Tavin stated. Dr. Marine smiled.

"Tavin, let's tackle this self-esteem issue first. Tavin, you are a beautiful, strong intelligent woman. You are one of a kind. Cameron knows that and from what I've heard, he's not just going to let you go. There is something special about you that drew you to him, not the other way around. Let's talk about this self-doubt that you have. Tavin, feelings of self-doubt only bring anxiety and misunderstanding. Don't look for failure, Tavin. It sounds as if you are looking for something to sabotage this relationship before it gets a chance. Don't do that. Tavin, you have made so much progress. Embrace everything that is making you happy. Stop waiting with anticipation for something awful to happen. Concentrate on the present and look to the future positively," Dr. Marine stated.

"I'll think about it, Dr. M," Tavin stated, letting Dr. Marine's words seep into her. Dr. Marine continued to speak.

"Now, this is Dr. Marine, the woman speaking. Everyone doesn't get the chance to fall in love, to experience real love. Love is something that gets used, abused and taken for granted. Don't shortchange yourself and don't assume that Cameron is just out to get you. It sounds to me that your young man adores you and only wants your happiness. That's a good thing, Tavin. I know you haven't experienced much happiness in your life, but this is it...the happiness quadrant of your life," Dr. Marine stated excitedly.

"My happiness quadrant...okay, Dr. M, whatever you say. You're the expert. That does sound kind of cool. My happiness quadrant," Tavin replied smiling.

"You deserve to be happy, Tavin. You deserve a good man and you deserve to feel the way you feel now. Just go with it. If obstacles appear in your path, and trust me they will, deal with them head on, but don't look for them when they are not there," Dr. Marine stated. Tavin sat silently and absorbed Dr. Marines words once more.

"Whoa, Dr. Marine. You're right. That was deep," Tavin stated.

"That's why I get paid the big bucks," she replied with a smile.

"And deservedly so. Dr. M, you're not gonna charge me extra for that woman to woman chat we just had are you?" Tavin asked.

"Not at all...that was on the house...but don't get used to it," Dr. Marine replied jokingly as Tavin laughed and stood up. She walked to the door

"Now I know it's time to go. Dr. M cracked a joke. Same time in a few weeks?" Tavin asked.

"Sounds good. Tavin?" Dr. Marine asked.

"Yeah?" Tavin inquired with her hand on the doorknob.

"Go with the happy. It's okay," Dr. Marine stated with a grin.

Tavin began to chant the mantra to herself. "Go with the happy. Go with the happy. My happy quadrant. Got it. Have a good day, Dr. M," Tavin replied with a smile as Dr. Marine took down a few notes and called in her next patient.