Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 13

Being with Tavin had Cameron feeling and thinking in ways he never had before. Cameron was always a laid back, go with the flow kind of guy, but Tavin made him think about tomorrow...the future. She was changing him. She was always on his mind...her voice, her face, her eyes....always appeared before him when she wasn't there. He finally got it. He finally understood why Donovan went through hell and fire to be with Nichelle. Real love was worth the sacrifice...real love was the shit, he thought with a smile as he dialed Tavin's number. It was a Friday night and the fellas were playing pool. Cameron and Nicholas had next as usual, so he decided to call his woman. He walked away from his friends as he spoke to her and they shook their head. They were in mid-conversation.

"So, tomorrow night...8pm...me looking hot as always and you in a killer dress, looking good enough to eat, right?" Cameron inquired as he looked over at Donovan taking his shot.

"Yeah, I guess so, El Concieto. I'll be ready, tomorrow at 8, but do I really have to wear a formal dress? You know I'm not a fan of the bourgeosie and now I have to mingle with them? It's bad enough you're dragging me to this crap , but I have to dress all frou frou and shit? Not fair," Tavin whined, pouting.

"Baby, stop pouting," Cameron stated.

Tavin asked, "How did you know I was pouting?"

"I can't tell you all my secrets...I just know...and you just confirmed it. If it were up to me, you could go naked...but you really wouldn't get too far," Cameron replied with a grin.

"I know I wouldn't. Cam, do I seriously have to dress up?" Tavin asked again.

"Yes, you do. I don't get to see you dressed up too often, so do it big. I want to show you off, so get something beautiful and very sexy," Cameron replied.

"Go with the happy, Go with the happy," Tavin mumbled.

Cameron shrugged his shoulders. "What was that, Tav?"

"Nothing. So, is there anything I can do or say to change your mind about this?" Tavin asked.

"Nope. It won't be so bad, and I want to be with you. We won't stay too long, I promise. Oh, get something really clingy, to show off the curves and preferably short, to show off those beautiful legs of yours...and really low cut, so I can look down your dress all night," Cameron replied with a grin, awaiting her response.

"So you basically want me to look like the "ho" of the week?" Tavin asked.

"Basically the "ho" of the month...maybe the year," Cameron joked.

"Well, that' s comforting," Tavin replied.

Cameron smiled into the phone. "I know it is. No, seriously, Tav. I want you to look beautiful, classy and elegant...with just a dash of tramp," Cameron stated.

Tavin laughed. "That's all?"

"Well...okay....you can throw in just enough slut to pass for sexy, but that's about as far as I can go. I don't want people saying that my baby is a skank," Cameron replied as Tavin chuckled.

"Your mind is truly warped, Cam," Tavin replied.

"Yeah, I know. So, slutty sexy is the goal we are trying to achieve, right?" Cameron asked with a grin.

"It ain't gonna happen, baby. Sorry, but I have something called taste and slutty doesn't fit in with that. Since I'm not really good at this formal crap, I've called in reinforcements. They won't steer me wrong," Tavin replied.

"Just get something that'll make me want to rip it off of you and we'll be cool," Cameron stated.

Tavin smiled into the phone. "Boy, you really have a way with words you know that?"

"It's a gift," Cameron asked as he heard female voices.

"Cam, I gotta go before the three ami"hos" beat me down...get it...ami"hos"," Tavin stated with a laugh as Felicia, Nichelle and Liza cursed her out and gave her the finger.

Cameron laughed. "That was a little funny....but not much."

"Not much, huh?" Tavin asked.

"Nope", he replied.

"Okay, I really have to go, baby. By the way, did you need me to bring anything when I come by later?" Tavin asked.

"Just bring your cute, sexy little ass and I'll take it from there," Cameron replied in a low tone of voice. He knew she was blushing right now.

"Cameron," Tavin replied in that shy, sexy voice that he loved.

"Tavin," he mimicked as he heard her sigh sweetly.

"Okay, go. Just have yourself at my penthouse tonight," Cameron replied.

"I will. I love you," Tavin stated. Cameron's heart beat became faster and he smiled.

"I love you too, lovely. Bye. Have fun," he replied.

"I will. See you later," she replied and hung up the phone. Cameron smiled as he closed his cell phone and walked back over to his friends who had been staring at the whole exchange for the last five minutes. Trey took his shot, shaking his head as Nicholas and Donovan smiled at him.

"What?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah, you're next," Donovan replied, pointing to his wedding band.

"Naw, dude. I'm not even thinking about that yet. It's good just the way it is," Cameron replied with a grin.

"If you say so, but I had that same stupid ass grin when I became serious about Nichelle," Donovan replied.

"Man, what are you saying? You still have that stupid ass grin," Trey replied as he missed his shot. Donovan set up his shot and Trey walked over and elbowed Cameron.

"Yep and I'm damn proud of it too," Donovan replied.

"Come to think of it, you're very relaxed and you keep grinning, so that means, you got laid. Tavin finally gave you some. What a lucky, lucky shit you are," Nicholas stated as Cameron continued to grin.

"So you finally hit that, huh? How was it?" Trey asked.

"Yeah, we've been curious about Tav for years. I mean...that body...," Donovan stated.

"And she's cute as hell and that ass...come on man, how was it?" Trey asked again.

Nicholas walked off and shook his head. "I can't listen to this. Tav's like my sister. I'm going get another drink. I'll be back, man."

Trey and Donovan pinned Cameron with their eyes, awaiting an answer. Cameron gave them a dimpled grin as he drank his beer and shrugged his shoulders.

"That good, huh?" Donovan asked.

"Yeah...incredible," Cameron replied taking another swig of his beer. Trey stared at him.

"That's all we get? Come on Cam, details, details," Trey replied as Nicholas finally returned.

"Man, if you don't want to tell us, then we understand. It's cool. Honestly, I don't want to hear a blow by blow on how you and Tav got down," Nicholas stated.

Trey stared at Cameron and shook his head. "Hell no, it ain't cool. You are going to tell us. You always tell us. That's what we do."

"Not gonna happen, T. What goes on between the sheets with me and Tav is my business, not yours," Cameron replied, shocking his friends.

"What the fuck? Since when?" Trey asked.

"Since I realized that Tavin would probably beat the living shit out of me if I told you guys. It's pretty simple. Tav's a private person and I have to respect that and it's our business. I also like my body just the way it is. If word got back to Tavin, and I know it would...Donovan," Cameron replied as Nicholas and Trey looked over at Donovan.

"What?" Donovan asked.

"You know you can't keep a secret, Don," Nicholas stated.

"Stop fronting, D. You tell Nichelle everything. You're worse than a chic," Trey replied.

"That's not true," Donovan replied.

"That's bullshit, Donovan. How did Nichelle find out about me and Felicia? You were the only one that I told," Nicholas replied.

"Anyway, if Tavin found out that I spilled about our sex life, I wouldn't get any more booty, then she would kick my ass and I like getting some, so, you guys are ass out. I'm not sayin' shit," Cameron stated.

"What kind of ridiculous shit is that? We always spill about the pussy man. You that scared of Tavin?" Trey asked as they all quietly glanced at Cameron.

"Hell yeah," Cameron replied with no shame as they all laughed.

"I knew it was coming. Cam, not spilling about sex? She's got you wide open, Cam. I've never seen this shit," Donovan said in amazement.

'Aw, damn, you too? Cam, me and you...survival of the fittest," Trey replied to Cameron.

"Yeah, I thought so too, but...she's fine and sexy as shit and...she's..ummm....damn," Cameron replied.

"No, no, no, not my dog! I'm the last one! Cam, you're sprung on Tavin? Shit!" Trey replied.

"Yeah, I guess I am...shit...when did that happen?" Cameron asked.

"I think I know, but I don't want to go there," Nicholas stated with a grin.

"I mean, you can't sling your dick forever right?" Cameron asked. Trey looked at him like he was crazy.

"Fucking right you can!! That's what it's made for," Trey replied.

"I know, but I'm fucking crazy about this woman. I love her," Cameron replied as he dropped the bomb. They all looked at Cameron speechless.

"I know, I said love was for weak ass men, and that it didn't exist, but it does. I love Tavin's complicated ass," Cameron replied with a grin.

Trey broke the silence. "How do you know it's love? You could be infatuated with her."

"I'm not. This girl is on my mind 24/7...," Cameron replied but Trey interrupted.

"Sounds like infatuation to me," Trey replied.

"No...maybe I am a little, but if you really dig someone, you're going to be a little infatuated with them. I think about her all the time. I look at other women, then I compare them to her. I got tunnel vision thanks to her...she's all I see. And...I kind of gave her my black book," Cameron replied with a wince as his friends did the same.

"Holy shit...the Coochie Catalog?" Donovan asked.

"You gave her your Booty Bible?" Nicholas asked.

"You actually gave her the Nookie Numbers?" Trey asked.

"Yes, got damn it. It's not that big of a deal," Cameron replied.

"Like hell it isn't. I remember when you thought you lost it and you acted like a crack addict. This is monumental," Donovan replied.

"I remember that week. He acted as if the world was ending," Nicholas chimed in with a laugh.

"Alright, alright. But, I've matured and yeah, Tavin's mean as shit when she wants to be and has slightly bitchy ways. But she's sweet and she's so cute and fine and that ass...don't get me started on that ass. She's smart and sexy and passionate as hell and there's never a dull moment because she's always cursing me out or arguing with me and that's cool. I've had my share of women sexually and it's on a whole 'nother level with Tav...it's like...whoa! So, yeah, call me a punk or whateva' you want, but I can't really see myself with anybody but her so...that's how it is. Okay?" Cameron replied as his friends smiled at him.

"Damn, Cam. That was deep," Donovan replied.

"Yeah I never heard you reveal your feelings about a woman like that before. You really love her, huh?" Nicholas asked.

"Yeah, I do," Cameron stated proudly.

"You're pussy whipped, that's what you are. Love makes you pussy whipped. But I guess if you're gonna be whipped, Tavin would do it. Damn, you lucky bastard...Tavin Wilson...damn. Shit, we lost another one. So...it's like that?" Trey asked as Cameron grinned.

"Yeah, man...it's like that," Cameron replied as he shrugged his shoulders once more.

"Damn, Tavin really put it on you for you to be throwing in your player card, huh?" Trey asked.

"Like you wouldn't believe," Cameron stated as they all laughed.

"I guess it's alright. I feel you, Cam. Hey Nicky, let's talk about you and Ms. Fee Fee," Trey replied.

"What about us?" Nicholas asked.

"Have you two finally come to your senses?" Trey asked.

"Nothing's changed, but we're still friends," Nicholas replied taking a sip of his beer.

"Hey Nick, I didn't want to bring it up, but...I met that guy that Felicia's seeing. Yoiu got some serious competition, my friend," Donovan replied. Nicholas' eyes narrowed at Donovan.

"Yeah...you're in deep shit,pal," Cameron replied. Nicholas stared at Cameron.

"You met him too?" Nicholas asked.

"Yeah. I was meeting Tav for lunch last week and she was with Felicia. The guy met Felicia and we all had lunch together. He's a nice dude, kid. You've got your work cut out for you," Cameron replied.

"No loyalty for the home team, huh?" Nicholas asked Cameron.

"You know I'm always rooting for the home team, but the home team needs some new plays, man. The rival team has game for days. The home team needs to step it up with the quickness," Cameron stated. There was silence for a few minutes, then Donovan looked up at Cameron. There was also something that they had to discuss with Trey. Nicholas looked at them and mouthed, "Tell him you dick."

"Well, all I know is, I told you so. Felicia's fine as shit and she wasn't going to wait for you to come around. If you want her, you better handle your business and get her, you know what I'm sayin'?" Trey asked.

"Don't worry...I'm working on it," Nicholas replied.

"Say T, guess who we ran into the other day at Gardenia's?" Donovan asked as Trey took another shot.

"Who?" Trey asked.

"Nyla Lawson," Donovan replied. Trey's hazel eyes looked briefly at Donovan, then at Cameron and Nicholas. He looked back down at the pool table as Donovan took his shot.

"Oh really? How's she doing?" Trey asked.

"From the way she looked...extremely well," Cameron stated.

"She's an art buyer for Lexington and Coleman. She told us to give you her number. She'd like to meet you for lunch and catch up, you know," Donovan said. Nyla Lawson was a very touchy subject for Trey. She was his first love during his junior and senior year of high school and his freshman year of college. Something, or someone ruined what they had and Trey was crushed. Trey was no saint, but neither was Nyla. Still, they were crazy about each other until they broke up.

"I don't know. Pops has got me pretty busy lately. How did she look...for real, Cam," Trey inquired.

Cameron grinned. "Very good. Still gorgeous. Nyla has just gotten better with time."

Trey looked at his friends and shrugged his shoulders. "Umm. Whateva'", he said as he walked away to the bar to get another drink. The three men looked at one another. This was just the way they figured Trey would act. He did not dissapoint.
*********************************************************

"Look at my girl. Every other woman in here has on the usual holiday colors and you flip the script. Damn, sweetheart, you look beautiful. You're wearing the hell out of this dress, baby," Cameron whispered in her ear as they danced at his company's annual Christmas party. Tavin blushed, her head on his chest, loving the way he held her, how he felt, how he smelled.

"Thank you, Mr. Caldwell," Tavin replied, glancing down at her knee length form fitting coral strapless dress. It was beautiful and Tavin felt beautiful in it.

"You're welcome," Cameron replied.

"I must admit, I'm impressed. You're taking this very well. I know you are a little crushed because my ass isn't hanging out, but that's just too damn bad. I just didn't feel like dressing the part of thousand dollar skank, like most of the women here," she said. Cameron leaned his head down, his lips to her right ear.

"Don't worry about that, lovely. Besides, you can make it up to me later by putting on that little pink number that I brought you and bring out your inner hoochie," Cameron stated.

"My inner hoochie?" Tavin asked.

"Yeah, you know when you did that little strip tease for me and then you kind of bent like a pretzel and popped your ass and then....," Cameron whispered as she laughed.

"Hey, you said you weren't going to bring that back up," Tavin whispered.

"No, I said I wasn't going to bring it up too often. Listening skills, lovely, listening skills," Cameron replied.

"Asshole," she replied.

"I know," he whispered as they finished dancing. Cameron held her hand as they walked back to their table. He noticed how most of his colleagues and others looked at Tavin. She did look absolutely delicious, he thought as he pulled her chair out. After she was seated, he sat next to her, placing his right hand to her left thigh and caressed it as he leaned over and kissed Tavin's bare shoulder. He looked at her and she had the fakest smile he'd ever seen on her face. He laughed and then spoke into her ear.

"Why do you have that fake ass smile plastered on that pretty face, Tavin?" Cameron asked.

"Because I'm trying to stop myself from crying. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I thought this was a Christmas party, not a wake," Tavin replied, tingling from Cameron's lips and his touch. Cameron shrugged and waited because he knew she was going to say more. He intertwined his right hand with her left as they glanced around the party.

"Cameron?" Tavin inquired.

"Yes, baby?" Cameron asked.

"This is boring as hell," Tavin whispered as Cameron laughed.

"I know, baby. Why do you think I needed you here? At least you're good for a laugh," Cameron stated as Tavin popped him in the arm.

"Kiss my ass, Cameron," Tavin whispered.

"Later...much later," he whispered. Tavin's eyes rolled.

"I mean, is this their way of rewarding you and your colleagues for a job well done? This is mind numbingly dull. Cam, this isn't your scene and it damn sure ain't mine. The only good thing about this thing is the liquor and you look sexy as a mutha in that tux," Tavin replied as Cameron replied.

"Thanks, lovely. I'm glad you...," Cameron stated but Tavin cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah, but I'm not finished," Tavin stated.

"Of course you're not," Cameron whispered.

"All I have to say is 3 inch heel...that's what I got, a 3 inch heel. Before I was so rudely interrupted, I'll continue. The food...let's talk about the stuff that they are serving that's supposed to resemble food. You work for a multi-billion dollar corporation and all they could come up with is some Stove Top with sage sprinkled on it and wilted asparagus? Cam, we could have stayed in and cooked something better than that dry ass turkey. Damn, have I messed up already and is this your way of punishing me? Whatever I did, hell, let me make it up to you," Tavin replied as Cameron laughed. He brought her left hand up to his mouth and kissed the back of it.

"Baby, I feel you, and I know it's boring and the food is crappy, but I have to put in an appropriate appearance. We just gotta hang for 30 minutes, I promise, and then we are out of here. If you can bear with me, your grumpiness, I promise, I'll make it worth your while," Cameron whispered, as the tip of his tongue lightly grazed the shell of her left ear, without anyone noticing. He then began to make small circles with his finger on her thigh. He knew he was getting to her because she took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. Tavin's toes curled, and she bit her bottom lip to keep out the moan. She smiled at the other people at the table.

"How?" she inquired. A low chuckled left Cameron's lips.

"By testing a theory. I've been told that chocolate and champagne taste good together, but it sometimes leaves an aftertaste. I figured I could use you as the chocolate and pour the champagne all over your beautiful, naked body and lick it off...slowly...deliberately...you know, to get the full affect, for experimental purposes, of course," Cameron gave her that million dollar smile and pulled away.

"You know me...anything to help further scientific exploration," Tavin replied with a grin, blushing. Cameron laughed.

"Would you like something to drink, lovely?" Cameron asked as he stood.

"Yes a coke, please. Maybe it'll wake me up," Tavin mumbled. "And cool my hot ass off." Cameron chuckled.

"Be right back," Cameron stated as he walked away, leaving drooling women in his wake. Tavin smiled as she looked at the party. 30 minutes of boredom, she thought as she sighed.

"Is anyone sitting here?" a deep, male voice asked from her right. The mystery man had spotted Tavin on the dance floor earlier in the evening and he had to talk to her.

"Not that I know of...have at it," Tavin replied as she looked at the gorgeous, black haired man with hazel eyes, smiling at her.

"Thank you. So, is this as boring to you as it is to me?" the mystery man asked. Tavin smiled politely.

"Yes, it is," she stated as she looked away at the dancing couples. A few minutes went by and she could feel his eyes on her and decided to find out what was up with him.

"Excuse me, but I feel really uncomfortable with you staring at me. May I help you?" Tavin asked as the man gave her the once over.

"I didn't mean to make you feel that way, but you are beautiful...to beautiful to be sitting all alone. What idiot dragged you to this fiasco and left you alone?" he asked, knowing full well who it was. Tavin glanced his way. Tavin recognized his game. He was flirting with her. She would see how far he went before hurting his feelings.

"He didn't leave me. He went to get me a drink, and he'll be back any minute," Tavin stated as she looked around the party.

"Are you an investment banker?" he asked.

"I wouldn't stoop so low. No, I'm an accountant," she replied as he laughed.

"An accountant? I've never met a hot accountant before. This is a new one. So, what's your name?" the mystery man asked.

"Wow, how original. Is this how you come on to all women. I bet it took you all day to come up with that one. Besides, I don't give my name to strange men. Sorry," Tavin replied.

"Don't be so mean, beautiful. Let's strike a deal. I'll give you my name and then, you give me yours. I'm...," the mystery man began as Cameron walked up and interrupted them. Cameron placed her drink in front of her. Tavin looked up into the face of a very pissed off Cameron.

"Dulet. Jared Dulet," Cameron replied, his jaw tightly shut. Jared Dulet was drooling all over his woman and he didn't like it one bit.

"Caldwell....it's been awhile...since summer before sophomore year of college right?" Jared asked as he stood and smiled at him. Tavin watched the exchange as she sipped her soda.

"Something like that," Cameron stated firmly.

"Yeah, it's been awhile," Jared replied.

"Not long enough," Cameron stated. Jared Dulet was one of the biggest assholes he knew. He was a complete dickhead. What the hell was he doing here, Cameron thought. Then he remembered his boss was friends with Dulet's father and had recently aquired them as clients. The last he heard, the asshole was overseas screwing every woman in sight, with no plans on returning. What happened, Cameron thought.

"Surprised to see me?" Jared asked.

"A little, but not enough to give a damn. Tavin, are you ready to go?" Cameron asked, staring at Jared Dulet with a look that could kill as he pulled out Tavin's chair.

"Yes, thank you," Tavin stated as she stood up. Cameron snaked his right arm around Tavin's waist and Jared took in the sight.

"Tavin...I like that. It's different and beautiful...just like the lady. I should have known that you were the stupid guy who left this gorgeous woman alone," Jared replied with a grin.

"Do you want to be the dead guy escorted out in a body bag?" Cameron asked calmly as he stepped towards Jared Dulet, pulling Tavin in back of him. Tavin walked from behind him and stood in front of Cameron placing her hands on his chest.

"Cam, come on. You don't want to do this. Let's just go," Tavin said, looking up into his green eyes. Cameron's jaw was set and his hands were balled into fists.

"Why don't you listen to your pretty lady, Caldwell. She's making sense. Don't cause a scene," Jared asked with a smile, staring back at Cameron.

"Don't refer to her in any way, shape or form, do you understand?" Cameron asked, standing toe to toe with Jared Dulet. Tavin pushed on his chest.

"Cameron, come on...not here, sweetie. Come on baby, please," Tavin pleaded in a soft voice looking into his eyes. He looked down into Tavin's face and took a deep breath.

"Alright. Let's go. Come on," Cameron replied as he took her hand, and pushed their chairs in.

"Nice meeting you, beautiful. Caldwell," Jared Dulet smiled as Cameron gave him the look of death. Jared gave Tavin another once over and licked his lips. Cameron put his hand on the small of Tavin's back and guided her out of the auditorium.

Caldwell and his friends always had good taste in women, Jared thought to himself. How in the hell did lame ass Caldwell pull a woman like that? Damn, she was sexy woman, he thought. Huh, I may need an accountant, Jared thought to himself as the wheels in his head began to spin.

Once inside the car, Tavin looked at Cameron. His right hand was on her left thigh, as usual, as he drove with his left hand.

"Alright. What in the hell was up with that Neanderthal shit? I mean, I'm used to you doing bonehead things, but that was ridiculous," Tavin stated.

"Jared Dulet. I fucking hate that prick. We went to high school together," Cameron replied.

"I assumed you knew each other, but why did you look as if you wanted to smash his face in?" Tavin asked.

"Trust me, lovely, that wasn't just a look," Cameron replied.

"Is this over a woman from the past or something?" Tavin asked.

"Something like that, but not in the way you think. Besides, I would have loved to give him a facelift. The dude is garbage, baby, trust me. Jared Dulet has always been and will always be an asshole," Cameron replied as he took a deep breath.

"It's amazing how you always seem to recognize your own," Tavin stated as Cameron laughed. She really knew how to lift his spirits, he thought.

"I may be an asshole, but he's literally an asshole. Now let's change the subject," he replied as he pulled the car over slowly. He took off his seatbelt. Tavin looked and they were not in front of the penthouse.

"What are you....hmmmm?" Tavin asked as Cameron silenced her by pulling her face in his hands and kissing her passionately. Tavin moaned as his tongue danced along hers. They shared a long, sweet kiss, then Cameron pulled away and looked into her eyes.

"I wanted to do that all night. You look absolutely dead sexy in that dress," Cameron whispered as he gave her lips a few pecks.

"Is it rippable?" Tavin asked with a smile on her lips. Cameron gave a sexy chuckle.

"Definitely rippable. You looked really good in this dress, but you would look a whole lot better out of it," he replied kissing.

"You do have an experiment to conduct, remember?" Tavin asked. Cameron grinned and ran his thumb along her bottom lip.

"I sure do, don't I?" Cameron asked.

"Yes. So, what are you waiting for?" Tavin asked, running her tongue along the tip of his thumb. Cameron bit his bottom lip.

"Whoo....10 minutes...I can get to the penthouse in 10 minutes," Cameron replied, looking over at her. Tavin's hand caressed his right thigh slowly. He looked back over at her as Tavin blew a kiss to him. Cameron bit his bottom lip again and let out a few deep breaths.

"Make that 5," he whispered as Tavin giggled.