Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 14

"Tell Mama Tammy and Papa Carl that I will miss them. I guess I'll miss Kalise's disgusting behind, too. Remember to give them the gifts that I bought," Tavin stated into the phone as Cameron walked up behind her.

"Didn't you talk to mama already?" Nichelle asked.

"Yes, but I just want you to tell them that for me, okay. This is my first Christmas away from them and I want them to know that I do love them and I'm thinking about them," Tavin stated as Cameron put his hands on her hips and kissed her neck. Tavin giggled.

"They know that Tavy. You have a good time with Cameron. Meeting the family, huh? That's kinda big, honey," Nichelle replied as she heard Tavin giggle again.

"I know, right! I mean, I'm nervous, but I'm just going to be myself," Tavin replied as Cameron continued to kiss her neck.

"Stop," Tavin whispered to Cameron. She could feel his grin against her neck.

"Nope, this is my time with you. Get your sexy ass off the phone," Cameron whispered, kissing her bare shoulder and grabbing her from behind. Tavin wore well-worn blue jeans and tried to pull the old one shoulder sweatshirt she had up as Cameron pulled it down.

"I will. What are you doing Tav? Are you and Cam gettin' busy?" Nichelle asked.

Cameron heard what Nichelle said as he stopped and yelled, "If you would hang up, we would be. Got nothin' but love for you, Shelly, but I haven't spent much time with my baby in the last week. You messing with my Q.T., Nichelle." He continued to kiss her neck and tug her sweatshirt lower as Nichelle laughed. Tavin pulled her sweatshirt back up as Cameron's hands found another target.

"Well, excuse the hell out of me. Tell Mr. Possessive Merry Christmas and I'll see you guys for New Years Eve," Nichelle replied as Tavin laughed.

"Merry Christmas, Shelly. Tell Donovan to hit me up when he gets the chance," Cameron replied as his hands caressed Tavin's behind. She popped him and he laughed and continued what he was doing.

"I will. Merry Christmas, Tavy. Love you," Nichelle replied.

"I love you, too. Merry Christmas," Tavin replied as she hung up the phone and spun around and looked up into Cameron's face, which held a huge grin. His hands held her behind as Tavin's fingers played with his shirt.

"You are so wrong, Cameron. You saw me on the phone," Tavin stated.

"Yeah, and I wanted you to get off the phone so I could do this," he whispered as he kissed her jawline "and this," he whispered kissing the column of her neck, "and this" he whispered as his lips landed on hers for a slow, sweet kiss. Tavin smiled as she kissed him.

"Baby, there ain't no mistletoe over here," she whispered in between kisses.

"Fuck the mistletoe," Cameron whispered as they continued to kiss. His lips left hers and traveled along her neck, still holding on to her behind. Tavin sighed and Cameron looked at the Christmas tree once again. It was Christmas Eve and she decided after careful deliberation to stay with Cameron. She made him buy a tree and they had just finished decorating it. Cameron was about to begin another argument over the sheer pink and lavender ornaments that Tavin put on the tree.

Cameron stopped kissing her and looked at the tree. "Tav, can we reconsider the colors. Christmas trees are supposed to be decorated with traditional colors. It's not Easter, Tav. My tree looks like a got damn Easter egg."

Tavin walked away from him and went to stand in front of the tree, smiling at her handiwork. "No it doesn't. It looks beautiful and it's not just your tree, it's our tree."

"You're just saying that because you decorated it," Cameron replied.

"Yes I am, and no, we are not changing anything," Tavin stated. Cameron sighed and sat on a bar stool. He ran his hand over his face.

"Tav, the tree kind of looks like your tree at your place," Cameron pointed out.

"So what?" Tavin asked.

"Well, this was supposed to be our tree, not just yours. I'm a dude. I'll wear a lavender shirt, hell, I'd wear a pink one, but I don't want a tree that looks like Pepto Bismol was thrown all over it," Cameron replied as Tavin put her hands on her hips and shifted all her weight on one leg.

"It does not look like that, Cam," Tavin replied.

"The hell it don't. Tav, come on. If my friends see this tree, I'll never hear the end of it," Cameron replied.

"That's just too damn bad. You told me to pick out what I wanted and I did," Tavin stated.

"Yeah, I did, but I thought you would at least consider what I liked," Cameron stated.

"You didn't say what you liked," Tavin said.

"Yeah, but you know me. You knew I wasn't going to like this Paisley Park fucking tree. All it needs is for Prince to jump out and sing "Raspberry Beret," Cameron stated.

Tavin narrowed her eyes and said. "You are truly tripping over this tree. Besides, I let you decide the lights". Cameron laughed.

"Because you already told me ten times that you wanted clear lights. Clear lights make the tree sparkle more Cam. What the hell was I supposed to do? You hypnotized the clear lights into my brain. That's about the only thing I like. I want to redecorate the tree," Camron stated. Tavin narrowed her eyes more.

"I don't care if you like it or not. No redecorating. It stays," Tavin said finally. Cameron sighed in defeat and walked over to her, hugging her around the waist from behind.

"You really like Christmas," Cameron replied.

"Yeah. Presents and sparkly lights. What's not to like?" Tavin replied.

"Oh yeah, I forgot how one track minded women get when they receive a gift and see something sparkling. It's like you revert back to childhood or something," Cameron replied as Tavin elbowed him.

"Not funny, bro. Not funny. Presents...I love presents," Tavin stated.

"You're a female. You guys have a gimme gene. Of course you love presents," Cameron replied. Tavin stepped away and picked a small box with her name on it from under the tree. Cameron took it out of her hand and put it back under the tree.

"Why do we have to wait until Christmas Day? See, I knew I should have went by Nichelle's. We always opened our presents on Christmas Eve," Tavin stated, crossing her arms with a pout. Cameron laughed and laid back on the rug in front of the fireplace, staring at her with his head cocked to one side.

"You're really cute, but that ain't gonna work. Tomorrow's Christmas. That's when you get your gifts. See what happens when you make a man stare at a tree that looks like Fruity Pebbles," Cameron stated as Tavin rolled her eyes at him and gave him the finger. Cameron sat up and moved to her denim clad legs.

Cameron smiled at her and winked. "Looking forward to it." Tavin rolled her eyes again and Cameron tugged her by the bottom of her jeans to sit with him in front of the fire. Tavin sat crosslegged in front of him on the floor. She reached over and placed her right hand on his face.

"So, are you ready to go back to work next week, even if it is for a few days," Tavin replied, caressing his face. He turned his face and kissed the inside of her palm, then the back of her hand. Tavin continued to touch his face.

"Oh, I forgot. I took some days off, so I don't go back to work until January 6th," Cameron replied.

"Well, it must be nice. I have to report back to work January 2. Whoopee," Tavin replied with fake enthusiasm. Cameron sat up in front of her. and grinned.

"It is nice. I can take my baby to lunch everyday and have dinner ready for you, too," Cameron stated, giving her a peck on the lips. Tavin grinned and pecked him back.

"That sounds good. I'm domesticating your ass, huh?" Tavin asked as she turned her back to him. Cameron pulled her between his legs as she laid back against him.

"Shhh. Don't tell anyone. You know what would be better than being off from work?" Cameron asked.

Tavin inquired, "Staying in bed all day?"

Cameron smiled and intertwined her hands in his. "That would be a hell of a lot better. Your mind is just as dirty as mine now. I love it! I've created a monster. No really, what I was going to say is, it would be good if I didn't have to work there at all," Cameron said. Tavin turned and looked at him.

"I thought you liked your job?" Tavin asked.

"I do, lovely, but it gets boring and I hate all of the traveling that I've been doing the last couple of years. It's tiring. It was exciting and shit at first, but then you came along and I don't want to do it anymore. It would be different if you could come with me, but you're busy with your job. I hate being away from you for weeks like that," Cameron stated looking at her fingers.

"I know, but that's your job, Cam. It's apart of your job, baby," Tavin replied.

Cameron sighed. "I know, I know. You know what I was thinking about doing?" Cameron asked.

"Figuring out a new way to bug the shit out out of me," Tavin replied with a grin. Cameron smiled.

"That too, but later for that. I was thinking about opening a restaurant. I have a friend from Georgetown who's a chef. He finished culinary school in France four years ago. This guy was a corporate attorney for six years, making major figures, and said he couldn't do it anymore, so he followed his passion, quit his job, and went to Paris. Says it was the best decision that he ever made. He's working at some upscale restaurant in Manhattan now and he says that he doesn't have much freedom to create and with this guy, you want to give him freedom," Cameron stated, putting his hands on her waist, caressing her hips.

"He's that good?" Tavin asked.

"Makes what some of these restaurants serve taste like Hungry Man meals," Cameron replied.

"Damn...he is good," Tavin said.

"Yeah," Cameron whispered, pressing a kiss to her neck and exposed shoulder.

"Hey, wait a minute. You said something about cooking being your friend's passion," Tavin inquired.

"Yeah," Cameron replied.

Tavin grinned. "If you want to open a restaurant, does that mean that is your passion? I thought I was your passion." Cameron laughed, as he kissed her shoulder again.

"You are, Tav, but I can't do you for a living...wait a minute...what in the hell did I just say? I could...I could definitely do that. Are you interested in a full-time sex slave?" Cameron asked .

"I thought I already had one," Tavin stated with a laugh.

"Shit...you got me on that one. No, seriously baby. You are my passion...believe, that, know that. But...I'm kind of interested in seeing if I could make a go of it, you know? I have the start up capital. I just need to find a location and my friend wants to come on as head chef. He'd hire the sous chefs, the pastry chefs, everything," Cameron said looking into the fire, now caressing her left thigh.

"You've really thought about this, huh?" Tavin asked.

"Yeah, but nothing's final. I'm going to think about it some more, but honestly...what do you think?" Cameron asked as they watched the tree lights twinkling and the fire.

"I think that if this is something you want to do, then do it. It would be a risk, but sometimes you have to take risks. Being safe isn't always the way to go. You taught me that," Tavin replied as Cameron grinned widely.

"Listen to my baby, talking about risk taking. This can't be my woman. Are you sure you're Tavin Wilson and not some pod person?" Cameron asked.

"Ha, ha. Cameron...for real...if it's something you want, then do it. Whatever you decide, I got your back," Tavin stated as Cameron smiled and placed a kiss on her bare shoulder.

"Thanks, lovely. That's good to know...really good to know. I love you when you're all supportive, baby. It's sexy," Cameron stated.

"I know. I love you too, P.I.T.A." Tavin said with a smile.

"P.I.T.A?" Cameron asked.

"Pain in the ass. That's your new nickname," Tavin replied as Cameron laughed.

"I don't like it, Tav...I don't like it," Camron replied.

"Hell, I don't like Bush and cheap perfume? What's your point? You're my Pita, so get used to it. So, baby...do you think I'm ready to meet your peeps?" Tavin asked.

Cameron responded, "More than ready. They're already fuckin' nuts...you'll fit right in."

"More jokes, huh? Just remember that later on when you want some booty. I may be inclined to tell you to kiss my ass...and not literally, nasty," Tavin said.

"Damn, you're going to hold the booty hostage? You can't do that. It ain't right," Cameron replied.

"I can and I will. Now, deal with that," Tavin said. Cameron got up and came back with a wrapped box and sat back behind her, putting both of his legs outside of hers. He leaned back on his arms.

"Shit...I can't deal with that. Here you go. Merry Christmas, baby," Cameron replied as Tavin clapped and grinned. She looked like a big kid, he thought to himself. He loved to see her this happy. Tavin opened the box and her mouth formed an "O".

"Aw, Cameron...the hooker red shoes! You got them anyway after I told you not to? You know I really wanted these," Tavin said as she pulled the red shoes out of the box and looked at them. Then, she pulled off her fuzzy socks and put the shoes on. Tavin pulled up her jeans and walked around in them, looking at her feet. Cameron smiled as she paced back and forth.

"Yeah, I know you wanted them, you silly broad. I remember the way you drooled all over them. Your stubborn ass was too proud to admit it, but I knew. I called Jennifer the next day, and picked them up," Cameron stated as Tavin sat back down on her knees, took off the shoes, and smiled at Cameron.

"Thank you, Cam," Tavin said as she kissed him on the lips softly.

Cameron grinned and kissed her back. "You're welcome, but there's a catch."

"Aw shit! What the hell have I gotten myself into?" Tavin asked.

"Nothing bad," Cameron replied with that devilish look that Tavin knew all too well on his face.

"When you say that, it's never good. What is it?" Tavin asked.

"You know when I told you about all the things I wanted us to try,"Cameron began.

"Yeah. I told your hot ass to write it all down...and you actually made a list. It was a joke, Cam," Tavin pointed out.

"Never joke about sex, baby. Never," Cameron replied.

"Whatever. The only problem that I have with the list is that you keep adding shit to it, Cameron...it gets longer and longer everytime I see it. There is only one of me. You are a freaky bastard," Tavin stated as Cameron laughed.

"I know, but if I wasn't freaky, you would get bored and I don't want you to get bored," Cameron stated with a little boy look on his face.

"Bullshit. You're freaky because you're freaky, that's all," Tavin replied, as Cameron winked at her.

"Yeah, you're right. Now, back to what I was saying," Cameron stated.

"Oh, shit," Tavin replied.

"Well, this is the holiday season and you should be in the spirt of giving," Cameron said.

"Cut the preaching, Cam, out with it," Tavin replied narrowing her eyes.

"I would like you to take me up on one of my fantasies," Cameron replied.

"Well, the last time I did that I had to scrub honey from places I have never seen," Tavin replied.

Cameron winked, "That's not true, baby. I helped."

"Whateva', you freak. Just tell me," Tavin stated. Cameron smiled and clasped his hands together.

"First, take off the booty restriction and second, let me use the whip cream...and the cherries...and the chocolate syrup...and wear those sexy little numbers...just those...for me...tonight," Cameron whispered, pulling his bottom lip into his mouth as he inched towards her.

"You're serious. Am I on crack? Of course you're serious," Tavin replied as Cameron stared into her eyes. Tavin put her thumbnail in her mouth.

"You sneaky shit! You pulled the gift that would be a gift to you, too," Tavin exclaimed.

Cameron shrugged his shoulders and looked so innocent, she couldn't be mad. "Yeah, but it's still your gift...and you do look hot in those shoes. So, are you going to be my own personal hot fudge sundae, baby?" Cameron asked in that sexy voice of his, giving her that gorgeous smile of his, placing his hands on her waist. The next thing he knew, Tavin was laying on top of him. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Do I have a choice?" Tavin asked.

"You always have a choice. Please, baby. I promise to make sure that every inch of your body gets licked clean," Cameron whispered as he stared into her eyes, running the tip of his tongue across the seam of her lips as she sighed.

"Since you put it that way...okay, Pita...but I want to open another gift," Tavin whispered as her head slowly leaned down to his.

"Shit, for becoming my personal dessert, you can open all of your gifts and mine too," Cameron whispered as Tavin giggled, placing a soft peck on his lips.
******************************************************************

Cameron looked over at Tavin, who slept the entire journey to his parents house. He stopped the car and kissed her on the cheek.

"Wake up, sweetheart...we're here," Cameron whispered, running his hand along her cheek. She was not happy. She was still tired.

"Pita, it's 8 o'clock in the morning...on a day off. Don't expect me to be a ray of damn sunshine," Tavin said with a small yawn.

Cameron replied with a grin. "Stop whining...and don't flatter yourself...you're never a ray of sunshine, Tav."

"To hell with you. This situation is not cool. I'm tired, baby. This is way too early and someone kept me up until 1am," Tavin said as they pulled up to his parent's house.

"My bad, but you didn't complain at the time, when you were calling my name, so enough of your complaining. The family does Christmas early...deal with it. Come on," he said getting out of the SUV and opening her door.

"If you weren't so damn fine...damn, you're fine,with your bossy ass...I would not be here right now," Tavin stated as Cameron kissed her on the forehead.

"Tav, you've been bitchin' all morning. 'Cam, it's too early...this is inhumane...the least you could do is get me a caffeine drip'...I felt like tossing your ass out of the window, but then I thought about that ass and I couldn't do it," Cameron grinned.

"I'm not even going to tell you anything," Tavin replied as she got out of the truck, with wide eyes.

"Damn, I knew you had loot...but I didn't know you had LOOT!" Tavin exclaimed, taking in the large brick mansion. Cameron didn't act like he was a trust fund kid, but looking at the home in front of her made her realize that he was. Whoa, Tavin thought to herself. Cameron took her hand in his right and held the bags of gifts in his left. They proceeded to walk to the front door.

"Tavin, don't get caught up in all this okay? It's not important. Don't sweat it and don't be nervous...okay lovely? You look really good...hell, you look amazing," Cameron said, taking in her deep red scoop neck sweater, dark denim guachos that hugged her hips and navy blue alligator knee high boots. Tavin began to bite her thumbnail

"Thank you, baby, but I'm still nervous. I've never met a guy's parents before," Tavin said.

"I know, but they're just people...crazy as hell, but regular people nonetheless. Don't worry, lovely. They're going to love you as much as I do. And if they don't, too damn bad," Cameron said with a smile as he rang the doorbell. Tavin smiled. Cameron leaned over and gave her a peck on the lips.

"See, I got you to smile. It's going to be fine and you're fine and we've already established that I'm fine, so all is right with the universe. Actually, I'm kind of scared of the impression my family is going to make on you," Cameron said, shifting the bags in his hands.

"What do you mean?" Tavin asked.

"You'll see soon enough," Cameron stated as Ms. Consuela, the petite, older, pretty Puerto Rican housekeeper, answered the door.

"Ms. Sway!" Cameron exclaimed.

"My boy, Cameron. Come in, come in," she said as she gave him a hug. Cameron smiled and returned her embrace. He looked over at Tavin with that smile that he reserved only for her and smiled again at Ms. Consuela.

"Hey, Ms. Sway. This is Tavin. Lovely, this is Ms. Consuela, or Ms. Sway as we call her," Cameron replied. Tavin smiled at her and shook her hand, then leaned over to kiss her cheek.

"Hi, nice to meet you. Merry Christmas. Cameron told me a lot about you," Tavin stated as they smiled at each other. Ms. Consuela smiled then gave Tavin a hug.

"He's talked my ears off about you for some time now. Merry Christmas to you too, Tavin. Cameron, she's very pretty," Ms. Consuela stated.

"Isn't she, Ms. Sway?" Cameron put in, grinning at a blushing Tavin.

"Thank you, but I'm nervous enough. You're making it worse," Tavin stated as Cameron tweaked her nose.

"It's your fault, Tav. You're just too cute and I told you, you don't have anything to worry about. Let me put these presents down and I'll be right back," Cameron stated as he placed the bags on the floor near the formal living room. He walked back over to Tavin and took her coat and his and placed them in the foyer closet. Cameron walked back beside her and intertwined her left hand with his right. Consuela watched the two in amazement, because she'd never seen Cameron look at a woman like that before and he never brought them home. This was epic. Cameron handed Ms. Consuela a bag with four wrapped gifts.

"These are for you, Mark, Tony and Mr. Rick. Merry Christmas," Cameron replied as Ms. Consuela grinned. She took the presents and gave Cameron another hug. Tavin smiled.

"Thank you, Cameron. One of your gifts is under the tree and the other is in the kitchen," Ms. Consuela stated.

"Banana pudding?" Cameron asked.

"You got it," Ms. Consuela replied.

"My day is set! Baby, wait until you taste Ms. Sway's banana pudding...it's...wait until you taste it. What are you doing here, Ms. Sway? Shouldn't you be home," Cameron asked.

"I was, until I realized I left something, so I came back. I'm leaving in a few minutes. Please, call me Ms. Sway, Tavin. All the kids do. Come on, you're the last to arrive," she stated as they walked towards the den.

"The firing squad is waiting, huh?" Cameron asked, still holding Tavin's shaky hand. He pulled it up to his lips and lightly kissed the back of her hand to reassure her, then he winked at her. She smiled.

"Yep...Ready and waiting...armed and packing. Would you like a drink or anything, Tavin?" Consuela asked.

"Yes, coffee please and if you have any heavily caloried, sugary sweet piece of pastry, I would surely appreciate it," Tavin stated as Ms. Sway laughed.

"Definitely different, Cameron. I'll tell the holiday staff and they'll bring it to you. Nice meeting you Tavin. I'm on my way home. Good luck...you're going to need it. Bye you two," Consuela said, walking to the kitchen. Cameron walked with Tavin to the den and when they arrived, Tavin felt seven pairs of eyes on her. Cameron squeezed her hand and smiled at her. Tavin gave him a small smile.

"Merry Christmas, fam! This is Tavin. Lovely, that's my mom, Colleen, my dad, Nathaniel, Josslyn, my older sister, her friend and I don't know who he is, Logan my older brother, his fiancee' Michelle and my younger brother Taylor," Cameron said as everyone just stared. Logan, his dad, and Taylor smiled brightly at Tavin.

"Holy shit...she's black!" Josslyn exclaimed, her blue eyes trained on Tavin and Cameron. Tavin looked up at Cameron with her mouth wide open and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Tav, meet my fam, " Cameron stated.