Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 15

"What the f...?" Tavin asked as she looked at Cameron. He gave her a small smile, shrugging his broad shoulders once more.

"Josslyn, how dare you! Apologize to Tavin! One day I'm going to take your bottom lip, pull it over your head and crazy glue it to your scalp. Then, you won't have such deplorable things coming out of your mouth because you won't have anything coming out of your mouth," Colleen Caldwell exclaimed, giving her daughter an unappreciative stare.

"That's what you get for teaching them to speak their mind," Nathaniel Caldwell stated.

"Yes, but a little couth would be nice, Nathan," Colleen stated.

"Josslyn doesn't know how to spell that word, much less know the meaning of it," Logan stated.

"Blow it out of your ass, Logan. I just stated what everyone in the room was thinking and I'm the bad guy?" Josslyn asked.

"It's the way you say things, you idiot," Logan stated.

"Wow...no, duh, Joss! She's black...you're discovery skills are amazing. You just keep astounding us with your intellect, kiddo, " Taylor replied, as he walked over to Tavin and Cameron with his hand out, a mirror image of his brother, except that his eyes were hazel, and his hair was thicker, curlier and dark brown.

"Hi, I'm Taylor, and you must be Tavin. Wow...you're freakin' hot," Taylor replied with a smile and a grin to Tavin.

"Thank you," Tavin replied, taking Taylor's hand and shaking it, more confused than ever.

"Very hot. Ow," Logan mumbled, his blue green eyes glued to Tavin as Michelle, his fiancee' elbowed him.

"I mean, we've always dated the whole spectrum, but Cam's never brought any dark meat home before and to say the least, I'm shocked, that's all," Josslyn stated with a grin. The look that Tavin gave Cameron said 'This heifer really doesn't know who she's messing with'. Tavin was not going to take this. She had to get Ms. Poster girl for White America set straight. Cameron knew Tavin was about to speak and he just stood there and waited.

"First, this one drags me out of bed at the ungodly hour of five in the morning and now I have to listen to this crap. I mean no disrespect Mr. and Mrs. Caldwell, but it's too early in the morning to be going through this. Let's get a few things straight, Josslyn is it?" Tavin asked.

"You can call her the Beast with a 1000 heads if you want. That's what we call her," Taylor replied with a grin as Josslyn gave him the finger. Her eyes looked into Tavin's.

"Yes, that's me," Josslyn replied as Tavin stared her down.

"I don't care if you are Cameron's sister, but no one speaks that way about me or to me. I came here very respectfully and I do not appreciate the things you have said nor do I like the tone that you have used with me. The name is Tavin, not dark meat or any other animal or negative connotation. I suggest you remember that and use it. I don't take too kindly to people who don't know me judging me based solely on my skin color and that in itself pisses me off. So, I can basically ignore you and the poison that comes out of your mouth, but being that this is Christmas, and you are Cameron's sister, let's just clean the slate. You will look at me as your brother's date and I won't look at you like the ignorant, pompous woman that you have displayed yourself as being. Agreed?" Tavin stated as Cameron smiled. Taylor, Colleen, Nathaniel, Michelle and Logan smiled.

Josslyn grinned, "Agreed."

Tavin looked up at Cameron and he mouthed, "I love you" and Tavin smiled. Everyone in the room stared at Cameron, who shrugged his shoulders and held Tavin's left hand.

"She hasn't had her coffee yet. I know I should've warned you, but I love to see her go off on the unsuspecting and you deserved that Joss," Cameron stated as Taylor walked back over to Tavin and Cameron.

"Way to go Tavin! You're going to fit in just fine. You've got that sexy little southern accent going on and you're cute and feisty, just what Cam likes. Nice choice, Cam. Me likes, me likes a lot," Taylor replied, smiling at Tavin as she laughed.

"You are a pretty little thing. I apologize for my daughter's behavior. Don't mind them, Tavin. I dropped them on their heads when they were kids. They don't mean any harm. Welcome, sweetie, I've heard a lot about you. Merry Christmas," Colleen Caldwell replied as she gave Tavin a warm hug. She was dressed in a long sleeved fitted white shirt and faded jeans and sneakers. Tavin hugged her back and looked over at Cameron. He just grinned. Cameron's mother had shoulder length light brown hair and green eyes, just like her son. She then gave Cameron a hug.

"So, you're the young lady that's been giving my son shit all these years? Now I see why he was moaning over you all this time. Welcome to my home," Nathaniel Caldwell stated, his blue eyes on Tavin as he walked towards her. His face broke out into a grin as he hugged her. Tavin hugged him back. Did she step into a time warp? Should she stay or run, she thought looking over everyone as they smiled at her, especially Taylor. Logan and Michelle walked over and introduced themselves, while Josslyn and her date stood in the background.

Cameron's father hugged him and leaned over to whisper in his ear, "She is pretty hot, son."

Cameron laughed and grinned. "I know. Thanks, dad." Cameron's father smiled genuinely at her and she gave him a small grin. This was unbelievable, she thought. They are crazy. Cameron looked at Tavin and kissed the back of his hand. His family was a bit overwhelming he knew, but he wouldn't have them any other way.

The holiday staff finally came in with a tray of sweet pastries and coffee and Tavin almost drooled. Cameron laughed.

"Help yourself, lovely," he replied as Tavin walked over to the table and began to speak with Michelle. Logan and Taylor walked over to Cameron with smiles.

"What are those looks for?" Cameron asked.

"Not bad, little brother, not bad at all," Logan replied with a grin, his dark brown hair and blue green eyes smiling.

"Shit, not bad is an understatement. She's gorgeous. Is this really the Tavin that's been giving you grief all these years?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah, that's her," Cameron replied as Tavin smiled nervously at him and continued to speak with Michelle.

"Does she have any sisters?" Taylor asked.

"Yes, but she's fourteen," Cameron replied. Taylor grinned.

"Hey, four more years and she's legal. Just ripe for the picking. If she looks anything like her sister, she's definitely fair game," 21 year old Taylor stated with a grin.

"Don't even think about it. Who's the Neanderthal that Joss has employed or should I say forced on us for the day?" Cameron asked as Tavin began to walk back over. Logan walked back to Michelle.

"Don't know, don't care. Some dude she works with," Taylor replied.

"Better now?" Cameron asked, looking down into Tavin's brown eyes with his green.

"Much better. I feel human again. This is a beautiful house, Cam. You must have loved growing up here," Tavin replied looking around as Cameron smiled.

"I did. Come on lovely, let me show you around the house," Cameron said. He wanted to get her alone, maybe stop her from being so nervous. Taylor, however, sensed Cameron's plan and he was not having it.

"Good idea, big brother. I'll come with you guys," Taylor stated with a huge grin. Cameron narrowed his eyes at Taylor, who was just like Cameron but worse. Tavin was in trouble.

Josslyn walked up to Tavin, pinning her with ice blue eyes that resembled her father's. She had her father's dark brown hair, which was long and beautiful. Josslyn reminded Tavin of Liv Tyler, she was that gorgeous. Too bad her mouth was so nasty, Tavin thought. She approached Tavin wearing a long sleeved, off the shoulder pink sweater, blue jeans and black high heels. She was a few inches taller than Tavin, Tavin noticed and made sure to prepare herself.

"Hey, Tavin. I apologize for that. I didn't mean it to come out that way. I've been known to have diarrhea of the mouth at times," Josslyn replied.

Cameron and Taylor looked at each other, then back at Josslyn. "At times. Please, Joss, stop lying," Cameron replied.

"Yeah, your mouth is always spitting out dumb shit," Taylor replied as Josslyn pinned him with a look that could kill.

"I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, now does it. Like I was saying before the biggest loser interrupted me. I'm sorry. No disrespect, I was just a little shocked and I actually wanted to see what you were made of. That's all. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Welcome and Merry Christmas. Are we cool?" Josslyn asked offering her hand with a huge smile , which Tavin deemed as genuine as Tavin looked at the brothers who shrugged their shoulders.

"Yeah, we're cool and thank you," Tavin replied shaking her hand, smiling, although she would watch her back, just in case.

"You're welcome. So, Cameron," Josslyn began as she put her arm around her little brother's waist.

"So Josslyn," Cameron replied looking down at his quirky sister.

"I like her. She's not trampy or slutty, which happens to be your usual MO, plus, she has a backbone and she can speak in complete sentences. How did you pull this miracle off?" Josslyn asked as Tavin and Cameron just looked at each other. Tavin thought it was pretty funny. Josslyn was a bit out there, but Tavin had a feeling that she was going to like her.

"A lot of patience and hard work...very hard work. She couldn't resist me for long," Cameron replied grinning at Tavin.

"Yeah, he kept getting on my nerves so I gave in. I'm glad to hear that I'm not Cameron's usual gutter slut. Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside," Tavin replied as Josslyn, Cameron and Taylor laughed.

"No, you're definitely not what I'm used to seeing him with, which is his usual garden variety skank. Don't give me that look, Cameron. I've seen some of the women you've been out with and I always wanted to know if they had hepatitis or something. Slutty," Josslyn replied as Tavin , Cameron and Taylor laughed.

"Yeah, Cameron, your taste has improved tremendously," Tavin stated as Cameron looked at her with a wink.

"You're just saying that because it's you," Cameron stated.

"I knew there was a brain inside of that head somewhere," Tavin replied with a grin.

"Well, I know my brother and, well, let me say that you must have a little bit of something in you because, my brother's are sex fiends...not that I'm calling you a ho, but I know my freaky ass brothers. He wouldn't be with someone who wasn't a lady in the street and a freak in the bedroom, you know," Josslyn replied. Tavin just looked open-mouthed.

"Are you for real?" Tavin asked.

"Look, my brothers and I are jam tight. We talk about everything, so yeah, I'm serious. In this house, we speak freely," Josslyn replied.

"Sometimes, too damn freely if you ask me," Taylor stated.

"That's good to know. But don't you worry, Josslyn. I won't pull out my ho card in front of the family. That wouldn't be appropriate, and I am trying to make a good impression and all," Tavin stated as Josslyn and Taylor laughed.

"She's funny, too. How in the hell did you get this girl, Cam?" Josslyn asked.

"I just told her that life with me is the best thing since ESPN and she agreed," Cameron stated with a grin.

"You didn't say that. You kept bugging the crap out of me. You aggravated me until my ass couldn't take anymore. You wore me down," Tavin stated.

"He is a persistent little bugger, isn't he?" Josslyn asked.

"Yes, he is," said Tavin.

Cameron hugged Tavin by the waist and looked down into her eyes. Josslyn laughed and looked at the couple. Her little brother was freaking gone.

"Yeah, I wore you down and....," Cameron whispered into her ear and Tavin blushed and let out a small giggle.

"Stop with the dirty talk or you won't be doing anything horizontally any time soon. It's Jesus' birthday, boy. Have a little respect," Tavin stated.

"Well, since you put it that way, I'm sorry Lord and I'm shutting my mouth," Cameron replied as he leaned down and kissed Tavin slowly on the lips. Josslyn grinned and cleared her throat.

"Umm, umm, there are innocent eyes watching," Josslyn replied nodding her head to Taylor.

"Innocent. I have more...," Taylor started, but Josslyn interrupted.

"Blow up dolls than you know what to do with?" Josslyn asked as Cameron laughed. Tavin held her laugh in.

"Yeah, you would know about blowing, wouldn't you Joss?" Taylor asked as Tavin's mouth went wide and Cameron laughed.

"Sorry little brother, but you'll never find out. This is New York, not West Virginia," Josslyn stated sticking out her tongue at her little brother and hitting him on the head

"Please, keep that thing in your mouth. I'm sure your cloned Conan the Barbarian likes it, but it's just gross to me," Taylor stated.

"Yeah, Joss, who's the card carrying Klansman that you dragged in with you?" Cameron asked, who was speaking with Cameron's mother.

"Hail Hitler," Taylor said in a mimicking Nazi voice, as Cameron and Taylor laughed.

"Shut up, you little shit. That's Leo from marketing at CI (Caldwell Industries). I've been seeing him for a couple of months. Nothing permanant. But he's a good lay and gives great head," Josslyn replied as Taylor put his finger in his mouth and mad a horrible harking sound. Tavin just looked at Josslyn.

"TMI...and you say you don't have loose bowels for a tongue? Right," Cameron replied.

"Gross...I think I'm going to be sick," Taylor replied.

"Says every girl who sees you naked. Nice chatting with you guys, but I'd better get him before mom makes him sweat. I meant what I said, Tavin. You're alright, and that was really my bad. Okay?" Josslyn asked.

"Okay," Tavin said.

"I'm sure you make the dude sweat all by your lonesome, but check mom out. She's already making him sweat. Get the 3rd Reicht a towel now," Cameron replied as Joss walked away, giving Cameron the finger behind her back.

"I didn't need to know all that about your sister's man. She's a little mouthy, huh?" Tavin asked.

"Looks who's talking," Cameron stated with a grin.

"I'm going to let that one slide. You're family's a huggy, smily bunch. They are crazy as hell. I'm kind of scared Cam," Tavin whispered, clutching his hand as he laughed.

"Be afraid...be very afraid," Taylor replied.

"Yeah, because you ain't seen nothing yet. Come on baby, lets go on our tour of the house," Cameron said as Taylor walked with them.

"Why are you following us, Taylor? You know the house," Cameron stated.

"Yeah, but I want to get to know Tavin. I also know you. If I can't get any, you can't either. I'm blocking majorly. No ducking off to the west wing without me, dude," Taylor whispered into Cameron's ear as he held his arm out for Tavin. She smiled at him and put his arm through his. Cameron just shrugged his shoulders and followed them. So much for alone time.
******************************************************************

The day was turning out to be interesting. Tavin liked Cameron's real, unedited family. She felt very comfortable around them. His parents were laid back, very decent people. Josslyn was pretty cool after she got to know her and the more she spoke to her, the more Josslyn reminded Tavin of Felicia. Taylor was Cameron times two and Logan was quiet, and on occasion, would slip in a funny quip. Michelle, Logan's fiancee' was nice and told her that the family was just...weird. But Tavin considered herself weird, so she fit right in.

"Tavin, you sure you want Cameron? I mean, I'm a lot younger and hell, let's face it, I'm cuter. He's pushing 30 and you need somebody who's not going to be mixing Geritol with Viagra. Why don't you give me a chance?" Taylor asked with a wink and a grin as Tavin laughed.

"Sorry, Taylor, but I don't keep it in the family. Besides, your brother has ingratiated himself into my life. He's kind of like a wart...hard to get rid of," Tavin stated as everyone laughed as she and Cameron stared at each other.

"Quit playing, lovely. You don't want to get rid of me. You love me," Cameron replied, grinning at her. Tavin smiled.

"Yes, I do and where else will I find a man who can cook and has good taste in shoes. I'm not going anywhere," Tavin replied as they all laughed and Cameron winked at her and touched the tip of her nose.

"Shoes and cooking? I knew you had gay tendencies. You sure you don't want to drop him before this turns into a bad version of "The Crying Game?" I'm handing you a life preserver, Tavin. You don't have to drown. Next thing you know, he'll be crocheting doilies and shit," Taylor said, stuffing roast beef into his mouth. Cameron smiled.

"You need to shut up, you little shit, because you cook better than all of us," Logan replied.

"I taught all my boys to cook, so they wouldn't have to depend on a woman, you know," Colleen replied, after sipping her champagne.

"Yep, and she did a good job too, because all Taylor needs is a string of pearls and a pair of heels and he'd be Julia Childs," Cameron stated.

"Ha ha. You're still half a Streisand. I know why you can't get rid of him...you're whipped dude, in a big way," Taylor stated. Cameron just grinned as he picked up Tavin's left hand and kissed it as she blushed, eating a dinner roll.

"I'm not whipped...okay, maybe a little, but I'm happy. Something that you will never be with a woman, Taylor. Remember, no one will love you any less if you come out the closet now," Cameron stated, eliciting another round of laughs.

"I have 3 girls, dude. It takes a whole lot of women to handle me, man," Taylor replied.

"You just said you had 3 girls, little bro. I hope you're not going to catch a case like R. Kelly, because I'm not going to take it," Logan said as they all laughed.

"Suck the big one, Logan. They're all legal. Poor Mcichelle...marrying a lawyer. Are you sure you want to live the rest of your life with this boring ass dude?" Taylor asked.

"Logan's not boring...not one bit," Michelle said.

"I know the only reason you're saying that is because of that ridiculously expensive, extraordinary piece of ice on your hand. It's okay, Michelle, I understand. Keep building him up," Taylor said as Logan gave him the finger.

"So, Tavin, we've heard all about how you and Cam got together, but I have a question to ask, something I've been really curious about. Is my brother really good in bed or is he just a lot of talk?" Josslyn asked as Tavin almost choked on a piece of potato that she was chewing. Cameron patted her back and handed her her glass of water. Taylor and Logan laughed. Leo and Michelle just stared.

"You okay, baby?" Cameron asked as she nodded yes, staring at Josslyn with narrowed eyes.

"Josslyn Greenlee Caldwell, have you lost all of your mind!" Colleen Caldwell stated nodding her head in disapproval as Nathaniel shook his head and continued to eat.

"No she didn't just ask me that," Tavin stated in a low voice as she stared at Cameron.

"Yeah, I'm afraid I did. I'm just curious, although I'm concerned about Taylor because I rarely see him with a female and he has all those callousses on his hands. You know what they say, little brother...if you don't use it, you lose it," Jossyln stated.

"I didn't think it was going to be such a big deal when I raised them to speak their mind, but I guess I was wrong. This girl takes it to the extreme. Why didn't you stop me?" Colleen asked Nathaniel.

"Hey, you told me to shove my opinions up my ass and I did. That's your creation sitting over there. You deal with her," Nathaniel stated with a grin as he continued to eat.

"Hey, I get plenty of action, Joss, so don't worry about me. I'm just not brave enough to bring them around you guys. I really feel for Tavin and Leo. This family is cuckoo for Cocoa puffs," Taylor said as he stuffed dressing in his mouth.

"You're not brave...you just don't have any women...any real women anyway. But seriously Tavin. I would really like you to answer my question because girls have been drooling over these three forever and being attractive and rich can only get you so far. I've accidentally seen all of my brother's third legs, so you know they're hanging right down below. I just want to know if they know how to use what they've got," Josslyn replied to an open mouthed Tavin.

"Of course he's good in bed...he's my kid. He'd better be," Nathaniel replied as Cameron grinned.

"Mom, doesn't she have an off switch or something?" Logan asked.

"Up yours, Logan," Josslyn replied.

"No, that's Thor's job, isn't it?" Logan asked as Cameron, Taylor and Nathaniel chuckled.

"His name is Leo, you jackass," Josslyn replied.

"I'm sorry...Leo. You do know that you have your hands full with my little sister," Logan replied.

"Yes, I know that," Leo replied with a slight grin to Josslyn.

Josslyn licked her lips at Leo. "And he knows what to do with those hands. Don't worry, Tavin. You can tell me later," Josslyn winked and replied, placing asparagus in her mouth.

"Not gonna happen," Tavin stated to Josslyn.

"Aw, no fun. You know what I really want to do you guys?" Jossyn inquired.

"Wear a bra?" Logan asked.

"Take your meds?" Taylor asked.

"Stop talking for five minutes?" Cameron asked.

"Funny. I'm going to remember that the next time one of you calls me and wants tips on how to really please a woman. No, what I want to know is what's sex like with a woman. I mean, I know how it feels to us, but really you guys, how is sex with a woman. I'm truly interested in knowing," Josslyn replied as her date dropped his fork as the rest of the table chuckled.

"She's on a roll today," Cameron replied.

"Tavin, Michelle, mom...come on...haven't you ever wanted to know what sex with a woman was like?" Josslyn inquired.

"Joss, you'd better stop...you're freaking Mr. All American out," Taylor said, laughing with Cameron and Logan.

"Yeah, he looks like he's scoping out the nearest exit and I don't blame him. Run, Forrest, run," Cameron replied as Logan and Taylor continued to laugh.

"Boys, stop being so rude to Leo," Colleen replied, biting her lip so that she wouldn't laugh at Cameron's last statement.

"It's all fun. It's fine, Mrs. Caldwell," Leo replied and with that line they knew that they would never see Leo again.

Logan stopped laughing and said, "You sure she wasn't left on the doorstep or something?"

"No, I think we found her in our shopping cart at the grocers," Nathaniel Caldwell said with a wink to his eldest son.

"So, would you, Michelle, Tavin...get it on with a chic?" Josslyn asked.

"No. Not only no, but hell no," Michelle stated as she finished eating.

"I only go one way and it's sitting to the left of me. I don't want no part of bumping and grinding with a woman," Tavin stated as they continued to eat.

"Well, my friend Clarissa's gay and she told me I could try her out. I may take her up on it. I'll let you guys know what happens," Josslyn stated with a smile.

"You can keep that to yourself," Tavin stated as they all laughed.

Dinner was complete and they continued to talk in the family room. Everyone exchanged gifts and ate dessert. It was fun and Tavin liked the atmosphere. Tavin was talking to Michelle and Josslyn when Cameron stood over her with a piece of mistletoe. Tavin smiled as his head leaned to her level.

"Merry Christmas, baby," he whispered looking into her eyes.

"Merry Christmas. Cameron, later, not in front of your family," Tavin whispered.

"Don't worry...we know you two are gettin' it on. He wouldn't be so whipped if you weren't," Josslyn stated with a grin.

"Once again, thank you for your nosy ass, not needed anecdote. Really appreciate it, Joss," Cameron replied.

"No problem. You know I'm here for you," Josslyn said.

"Baby, it's okay. Stop being so shy and give me a kiss...please...I'm standing under the mistletoe," Cameron replied with a little boy pout as Tavin laughed and slowly kissed Cameron. They forgot about everyone in the room. Nathaniel nudged Colleen and they shook their head knowingly.

"Give the woman some breathing room, Cam," Logan stated.

"Yeah, enough of the mushy crap, Cam. You're acting really gay," Taylor said. Cameron pulled away from Tavin's lips and gave Taylor the finger.

"No, it's gay when you don't kiss a woman...you know a little about that, huh, Taylor?" Cameron asked as they all laughed.

"You're a riot, Cameron. Keep it coming," Taylor replied.

"If you two are done swapping spit, we can finish our conversation. Move Cameron. Go talk to Leo and dad," Josslyn replied.

"Oh, hell no. He may try to convert me. Leo looks like a Nazi, Joss. Me and that dude have nothing in common. But I'll rattle his cage, just for kicks," Cameron stated as he walked away.

Tavin laughed. What a bunch of characters, she thought. Then she was approached by a grinning Colleen Caldwell.

"Tavin, do you like art?" Colleen asked as Josslyn and Michelle looked at each other knowingly.

Tavin gave her a genuine smile and replied, "Of course. I love art."

"I have a great collection on the 2nd floor. Why don't I show it to you?" Colleen asked.

"Sure...I would love to see it," Tavin stated and as they walked out, she heard a collection of voices mumbling, "Dum, Da Dam Dum...Dum Da Dam Dum Dum." Tavin turned around and everyone was looking at her like she was going to her death. Cameron mouthed, "I love you." She mouthed the same and walked with Colleen up the winding staircase to the 2nd floor. They ended up in a huge room that looked liked an art museum that had everything from Van Gogh to Picasso to Basquiat. It was an exquisite collection.

"I guess this is the part where you ask me about my intentions towards your son, to see if your golddigger radar will begin to beep?" Tavin asked as Colleen laughed.

"Such a sense of humor...and you are right. This is the part," Colleen said.

"Can I ask you something before we begin?" Tavin asked.

Colleen nodded, "Sure."

"Why did you set Cameron up with that Rainwater girl? She was definitely not his type," Tavin stated. Colleen rolled her eyes.

"I know that Rainwater, I mean Misty is not Cameron's type. You know that as well. Her mother, on the other hand did not. She's all into the elite society crap and her daughter marring well and Misty and her mother had their sights on Cameron. Misty's mother and I are very good friends and I didn't want to jeopardize a life long friendship by telling her that my kid is not into your ditzy daughter. I know, I know. But sometimes if you don't have something nice to say, you don't say anything at all. The only way I knew to solve this dilemma and to get their mind off of Cameron for good was to set him up with that dimwit of a daughter. The wedding was perfect. Cameron escorted Misty to the wedding and they didn't click...at all...which I knew was going to happen. He promptly told her in a very gentlemanly way, I might add, that she wasn't his type. Now, my friend and her daughter will never ask me about Cameron again," Colleen replied as Tavin nodded her head.

"Good move," Tavin said.

"Hey, I'm a mom...it's what I do," Colleen replied.

"Nice to know there are some caring moms still around," Tavin stated, thinking about her own mother, Delia.

"Yes, and as a caring mom, I will cut to the chase," Colleen said.

"Now I see where he gets it from," Tavin said as Colleen smiled.

"That's my boy. Tavin, Cameron's my third child and he was the baby for nine years. We have a unique bond. What I want to know is...how do you plan to handle Cameron?" Colleen asked.

Tavin looked confused. "Handle him?"

"His heart...handle his heart. Cameron really loves you. I see it when he looks at you. I hear it when he talks about you or talks to you. I have never seen my son like this Tavin and he never brings women home...never. So you can feel my distress," Colleen replied.

"I understand," Tavin replied.

"You have his heart in the palm of your hand and you're the only one that can break it. I know he comes off as this arrogant, take charge guy, but Cameron...when he sets his mind to something he gives it his all and he's given you his all, Tavin. He is crazy about you. My question to you is, are your feelings as deep for him as his are for you. Are you going to hurt my son, because you are definitely capable of doing so," Colleen stated.

Tavin looked her square in the eye and began to speak. She had to be honest with this woman who simply loved her son and had his best interest at heart.

"I'll be honest with you. You know that we couldn't stand each other for years. Then, we began to hang out as friends and we realized we had feelings for each other. Cameron and I were friends first and that's something I want to stress. I am a loyal friend. I don't lie to my friends and I love them with all my heart. Cameron is still my friend and not many men can be a friend...a real friend. Cameron is the first man that I've freely given everything to. He looks out for me and I look out for him. Sometimes, I do want to knock him out, but hug him at the same time, you know, but it's who he is and I like that about him...I love that about him. We argue and we fight, dont' get me wrong. It's not all peaches and cream, but who wants the same old thing everyday. I like arguing with your son. I love arguing with your son. And as far as the money thing goes, I have my own money...not as much as you do, but I don't want for anything and that's all I need. Cameron is incredible, Mrs. Caldwell. Your son is a giving person and he treats me like every woman wants to be treated. He brought fresh air into my stale little world and I love everything about him. Why would I hurt him? It would be like hurting myself," Tavin replied as Colleen smiled.

"Thanks for the honesty, sweetie. That's all I needed to hear. Now, I don't have to tell Josslyn to kill you. I'm kidding. Thank you for making that kid of mine happy. Come with me. Let me show you my Monet," Colleen replied as she led the way to more paintings.

Colleen Caldwell and Tavin spent the next hour speaking about food, art and politics and they shared some of the same interests. Colleen was a cool woman, Tavin decided and Cameron was lucky to have the family that he had. They were millionaires, but they certainly didn't act like it.

Later, they were lying in Cameron's bed back at his penthouse watching TV. Tavin was laying on Cameron's chest.

"That was one of the most interesting and fun Christmas' I've ever had. Your family is crazy, Cameron. But, they are real and I like that," Tavin said as Cameron laughed.

"Yeah, they're real alright...real nutty. They sure did like you...trust me...you're in," Cameron said as Tavin smiled.

"Really?" Tavin asked.

"Oh, yeah. After the inquisition, my mother stated that you were adorable and she was glad that I picked someone who could hold an intelligent conversation in lieu of a dunce. My dad kept winking at me and whispering how pretty you were and Logan and Michelle liked you. Taylor is crazy about you...I think he wants you. I may have to look over my shoulder. He may have a hit out on me already. And Josslyn...well, Josslyn is a weirdo who seriously needs to be on medication, but at least she talked to you. Usually, when she doesn't like someone, she snorts like a wild boar and sings show tunes," Cameron stated as Tavin gave a hearty laugh.

"Yes, she said some wild stuff all day," Tavin said.

"Oh, no...that's not wild. She was much tamer today than usual. She asked one of Logan's girlfriends when was the last time she had been tested for any STD's. She asked another girl if she swallowed. We never saw those girls again. Maybe she reigned herself in because she had Bush Jr with her. I don't know," Cameron replied as Tavin laughed, then yawned. He yawned right behind her.

"It was totally unexpected, but it was pretty good. I got some great gifts, met your crazy ass relatives and got to spend the day with you. A very good day, all in all," Tavin said yawning again. Cameron kissed her on the head.

"Yeah, it was. Loved the way you handled Joss. I knew that you would. She won't give you anymore shit from now on," Cameron whispered as Tavin yawned once more, snuggling closer to Cameron.

"Umm hmmm. I'm sleepy baby. Long day," she whispered as Cameron kissed her head again.

"Then go to sleep, you nut," he whispered.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I know...love you too...now get some sleep," Cameron said as he watched Tavin fall asleep. He watched a little TV and smiled at the way Tavin yawned and stretched as she fell deeper into sleep. What was he going to do? he thought. His family liked her and he was falling deeper in love with her.

"Shit...what have I gotten myself into?" Cameron asked himself, then he smiled as he looked at Tavin's sleeping face.

"Who the hell am I fooling?" he asked himself once more as he kissed the tip of her nose and began to fall asleep.