Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 18

"Baby, that cookie bouquet was just about the best thing you could have bought me," Tavin stated.

"Well, you're welcome," Cameron replied.

"It was just what I needed today. Thank you so much," Tavin replied, referring to the milk chocolate chip and white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie bouquet that Cameron sent her. He knew they were her favorite and decided to surprise her.

"I thought you might get a kick out of that since you've been working late all week. Just something to brighten my girl's day," said Cameron. Tavin grinned into her desk phone as she looked through the papers on her desk.

"Well it did. See I knew your aggravating ass was good for something," Tavin stated.

"Blow me," Cameron replied.

"You wish," Tavin stated.

"You're right, I do wish. Baby, what do I have to send you or buy you to get you to give me some oral reciprocity?" Cameron asked as Tavin grinned. She had not been comfortable enough to do that yet.

"The Bahamas," Tavin stated.

"Hell, Tav, I got money, but I ain't got that kind of money," Cameron replied as Tavin laughed.

Cameron looked at a few notes on the desk in his hotel room. He was out of town once again.

"So that's a no to wetting my whistle?" Cameron asked.

"That's a hell no," Tavin stated.

"Alright sexy, I'll let you slide with that one. You know I'm not serious, right?" Cameron asked. He didn't want to pressure her to do something she wasn't ready for and she definitely told him that she wasn't ready.

"Yes you are, but I feel you Cameron," Tavin said.

"I wish you could feel me right now," Cameron stated with a grin.

"Cameron," Tavin sighed. He loved when she sighed his name.

"That's me. Did you actually get any of the cookies? I mean, Shannon should have been a Hoover vacuum cleaner. She eats anythiing and everything in sight," Cameron said, referring to Tavin's assistant Shannon.

"I only got two, maybe three, I don't know. She eats so damn fast. You know that chick loves food, but her hyper ass definitely doesn't need any sweets. It couldn't be helped. The damn thing didn't stand a chance. Her ass had eaten three of the cookies by the time the bouquet reached my desk," Tavin said as Cameron laughed.

"The nerve of some people," Cameron stated awaiting Tavin's response.

"Greedy heifer is what I call her. Oh, and she told me to tell you to tell the bakery to put more nuts in the white chocolate macadamia chip cookies, because they didn't have enough, and next time, you should send some milk because cookies without milk just ain't right," Tavin said with a smile.

"Did you tell her to kiss my ass?" Cameron asked with a grin.

"You know I did," Tavin said with a smile.

"That's my baby," Cameron stated in that sexy voice of his that made Tavin's toes curl.

"I'm your baby, huh?" Tavin asked.

"Yep..my one and only," Cameron whispered into the phone as Tavin giggled. She was too cute, he thought.

Damn, I love this man, Tavin thought. "Alright, enough of the mushy crap. You have reduced an educated professional woman to a gigglin' bitch. Are you proud of yourself?" Tavin asked.

"I'm actually very thrilled with myself, thank you very much. And if you are a gigglin' bitch, you're my gigglin' bitch," Cameron stated.

"Kiss all of my black ass, Cameron," Tavin replied.

"I would but you won't show my boy no love. Ain't gonna happen. Okay, I'm bullshittin'. I'll kiss your ass and lick it and bite it if you want me too," Cameron whispered as Tavin giggled again.

"See that? The gigglin' bitch returns. Stop that," Tavin stated.

"Nope. I would kiss and lick and bite your ass if you wanted me too, but who am I kidding? I'm a freak. It would be more for me than you," Cameron replied.

"Selfish bastard," Tavin stated.

"Blame it on that ass. I love that ass," Cameron replied.

"Okay, enough about my ass," Tavin replied.

"But I do love it...I love all of you...but your ass...," Cameron began as Tavin interrupted him.

"You are a freaky mofo, but I love all of you, too. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Tavin asked.

"Not the way that I kiss your lips...all of your lips," Cameron repllied with a grin.

"Cameron...," Tavin stated blushing.

"Yeah, I know...I'm nasty, freaky, whateva'. And I know you're blushing, so I'll leave you alone. But I do love you, baby," Cameron replied seriously.


"I know. I love you too," Tavin replied smiling.

Cameron grinned as he began to speak." Do you hear this shit? We sound like Donovan and Shelly and they're sickening enough to make your teeth rot with all that sweet crap," Cameron stated.

"The sweet crap as you put it, is okay, Cameron," Tavin replied.

"This coming from a woman that I thought had a set of steel balls," Cameron replied as Tavin laughed.

"Nope, sorry to disappoint you...but if you swing that way, just let me know...," Tavin said.

"Hell no. I like women. I love pussy. Don't get it twisted. Don't ever second guess my love of the female anatomy. And that's the end of that conversation," Cameron replied as Tavin laughed.

"Alright, Cam, chill. Seriously, are we getting as sickening as Donovan and Shelly?" Tavin asked.

"A little bit, but we're cuter than they are," Cameron stated in a matter of fact way. Tavin laughed.

"That explains everything. So, you're sure you're going to be home tomorrow?" Tavin asked. She still had not told him about her newest assignment, Dulet Inc. She didn't want to disclose what was going on over the phone and she hoped he would come back soon.

"Yes, I will be home tomorrow. If you really want me to have something to hurry home to, say you'll be waiting in my bed, with your legs wide open...naked," Cameron stated and Tavin could feel his sexy grin through the phone.

Tavin blushed and smiled. "I'll be waiting in your bed with my legs wide open...naked."

Cameron bit his bottom lip, imagining the sight as he blew out a slow, deep breath. "Damn, girl, I didn't expect you to agree. I was getting ready for a verbal beat down. You know that shit turns me on."

"Aw, sorry to disappoint you," Tavin stated with a grin.

"Trust me lovely, I'm not disappointed, but shit, Tavin, when did you get so damn easy?" Cameron asked as Tavin laughed.

"When you told me that you would lick and kiss my ass. Your fault, freak master. I'm sitting here all wet just thinking about you doing that to me," Tavin whispered truthfully in a sexy voice as she turned the tables on Cameron.

Cameron was already aroused, but that response took the cake. "Damn, Tav, I'm hard as a rock right now...from imagining it, and from you saying it. Damn girl. You better believe I'll be home tomorrow. Just hold up your end of the deal, alright?"

"Don't worry...I will," Tavin whispered, getting hot and bothered herself.

"I don't want to get off the phone now. Shit. Look, sweetheart, I got to bounce to this meeting. I'll call you tonight, okay?" Cameron responded.

"I know you will," Tavin fired back.

"Listen to you, woman. Stop that shit. Now I gotta think about old women with no teeth to get my dick to go back down," Cameron stated as Tavin laughed.

"The pain you must be in," Tavin said.

"You have no idea. Hey...I love you baby," Cameron whispered in that voice that made Tavin shiver all over as she smiled into the phone.

"I love you, too, Cameron. Enjoy the rest of your day," she replied.

"I will now. Be careful, lovely. I'll see you tomorrow," he replied.

"Okay. Bye," Tavin said as she hung up the phone, realizing that Cameron will not like what he hears when he gets home. Tavin looked over her paperwork and thought about the best way to approach Cameron concerning the Dulet account.
*********************************************************

She was punk...a huge punk. Cameron had been home a week and she hadn't told him about the Dulet account. I mean, it was his fault. He did have her occupied for the last couple of days and she had the soreness to prove it. It's not that she was scared of Cameron, but she knew he was going to shit bricks when he found out that she working for someone that he basically hated. That's when Tavin devised a plan.

Tavin looked down at her black boyshorts and her black tank top. These were typical pj's for Tavin, but tonight, they were ammunition against Cameron. He loved when she walked around like that and she could barely keep her clothes on when he saw her dressed like that. She ordered his favorite Chinese take-out and spiked her short hair so that it looked wild and sexy like Cameron liked it. she heard the doorbell rang and ran to the door, with bunny slippers on her feet and a light purple silk robe tied loosely around her waist as she opened the door.

Tavin opened the door. Cameron stood in her doorway, looking and smelling absolutely dead sexy. He held in his hands a bottle of wine and a single red rose. He grinned as he leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. Tavin smiled as she kissed him back and pulled him through the door.

"Hey baby," Tavin whispered.

"Hey you," he replied as he kissed her once more. They broke away from the kiss and he kissed the tip of her nose. Tavin smiled as she locked the door and took the wine and the rose and placed them on the kitchen table. Cameron was out of his coat and tie in minutes as he walked towards Tavin and hugged her waist from behind. He kissed her neck softly, inhaling her lovely scent and turned around. Cameron hugged her tightly, placing soft, sweet kisses on her face. Tavin sighed. She loved when he kissed her like she was special and precious. What a man, she thought.

"You hugged me so tight, I thought I was going to suffocate. Are you trying to off me?" Tavin asked jokingly.

"Not yet," Cameron replied.

"Did you have a bad day, sweetie?" Tavin asked, rubbing her hand over his head. His hair had grown back and it was spiky and sexy looking. He hugged her tighter around the waist.


"Yeah, it was crappy, lovely, but I feel a whole lot better now. Umm, you smell good. Did you take your shower without me, Tav? I thought I asked you to wait for me...you know, so that your back gets squeaky clean," he whispered, smiling against her neck, giving it little nips and licks with his mouth and tongue.

"I'm sure I'm going to get dirty later, so you mind if I give you a raincheck until the next shower?" Tavin asked, wrapping her arm around his neck. She pulled him closer to her, loving the way his lips felt on her her neck.

"Definitely," he whispered as she walked away and he tapped her on the butt. Tavin looked at him, shook her head and smiled. Her robe opened a litte and she saw Cameron's eyes get that devilish glint in them when he wanted something...particularly her.

"What do you have on underneath this thing?" Cameron asked as he walked in front of her and opened her robe. He grinned sexily as he took in her attire.

"That's what I'm talkin' about. Little drawers with a thin tank top with no bra on...ass on display...I love women. Baby, you know I love when you wear this shit," Cameron replied as his finger traced the top of her lowcut tanktop.

"Yes, I know," Tavin stated.

"You must have known that I needed to see this today, especially after my day. You must be psychic," Cameron asked, as his finger continued to trace her cleavage.

"No, all the rest of my underwear is dirty. Not clairvoyant, I'm just a chick that hasn't done laundry in a week," Tavin replied as Cameron smiled.

"Well, thank you for being lazy this week," Cameron stated.

"No problem," Tavin replied.

"You know we may not get to eat, right? Well, you may not get to eat," he said, giving her that sexy lopsided grin that she loved as he slowly caressed her breasts through her thin tank top. Tavin's eyes closed, loving the way his hands caressed her, but knowing that if she didn't move, things would heat up and now was not the time for that. Tavin stepped away from him and smiled.

"No, I have been craving Chinese food all day," Tavin stated as Cameron pulled her back to him.

"And I've been craving you all day," Cameron countered back as his tongue outlined her lips slowly. He slowly placed soft pecks on her lips.

"I'm hungry, Cam. I need to eat," Tavin stated slowly. Cameron grinned devilishly and pulled her bottom lip into his mouth, slowly sucking it, then releasing it as he winked at her.

"I need to eat too....you. Trust me, you taste better than anything I've ever eaten," Cameron whispered looking down into her brown eyes with his green.

Tavin blushed slightly, "Cameron".

He winked at her again as he ran his tongue along her bottom lip once more.

"That's my name, sexy," he whispered.

"Cameron," she whispered as Cameron licked his lips and looked at her from the bottom of her feet all the way to the top of her head. He pulled her closer as he licked the middle of her lips lightly, giving her a soft peck on her lips. Tavin sighed.

"Aw, baby, come on. I had this really shitty day and all I could think about was being with you and then you parade around in those little ass shorts and that little tank top...I want you, bad, Tav. Come on baby, please? Just a litttle taste? You know you are slowly driving me crazy," he asked as he licked the spot below her right ear. Tavin moaned as she broke away from Camron and tightened her robe. Cameron walked toward her with desire laden hooded eyes.

"One of my many talents. Come on Cameron...later. Cooperate please or momma won't give the baby no puddin'," Tavin stated as she placed the take out in the middle of the table. Cameron leaned against the wall, grinning at her.

"Alright, but later...," he replied as he sat down. Tavin pecked him on the lips and smiled as she sat next to him.

"Later. What a good boy you are," Tavin stated as Cameron looked at her with a grin.

"I'm going to show you what a good boy I am...later. But then again, you already know," he replied.

"Yes, I do," Tavin stated smiling at him.

"So, how was your day, lovely?" Cameron asked as he piled shrimp lo mein and Kung Pao Chicken on his plate. Tavin placed a Crab Rangoon in her mouth.

"Damn, you would ask that first," Tavin replied, thinking about Dulet Inc.

"I always ask you first. Besides, your day couldn't have been any worse than mine," Cameron replied, stuffing chicken into his mouth as Tavin sipped her wine.

"If you only knew," Tavin muttered, thinking about how she was going to tell Cameron about Dulet Inc., boomeranged through her head the entire week.

Cameron looked up at her. "What did you say, sweetheart?"

"Um, I asked what happened to you that was so bad," Tavin said, eating an eggroll.

"Well, I quit my job today. I'm officially unemployed," Cameron replied as Tavin dropped her fork and pinned him with her stare.

"What did you say?" Tavin asked.

"I'm a scrub, baby. I quit today," Cameron replied as he continued to eat.

"What happened, Cameron?" Tavin asked. Cameron took a sip of wine and began to speak. He looked into Tavin's eyes and from the way he was looking at her, she knew immediately that his new unemployment status had something to do with her.

"First, Mr. Cardinello calls me into his office and tells me that I'm their first choice for partner. He then goes on and tells me that I'm one of their best bankers and that my hard work has not gone unnoticed. Then he goes on and on about how much of an asset I am to the firm and how much money that I've made them...you know, things I know already. He continues his little song and dance and then...," Cameron said as he took her left hand in his right.

"Then what?" Tavin asked.

"Then, he asked me about our relationship," Cameron replied.

"What about it?" Tavin asked.

"He wanted to know how serious we were. I didn't mind telling him that we were very serious. He went on to say how pretty you were 'for a black woman' and he heard about your reputation and that you were a good accountant, blah, blah, blah. Then, he basically said that if I were to become partner, I would have to uphold the right image...wear the right clothes, have the right look, the right woman, quote, unquote," Cameron said, holding onto her hand a little tighter. Tavin bit her bottom lip and put her head down. Cameron leaned over and lifted her chin with his index finger to look into her eyes. He cupped her chin with his hand.

"I told him I had the right woman. So he went on and on about his dalliances, as he put it, with black women. By this time, I was pissing nails mad and I asked him to get to the point. He basically told me that their future partner should not be with a black woman and I had a decision to make...them or you. I asked him if he was serious. He said yes. I told him there was nothing to think about. I told him that I wasn't giving up my woman for a damn promotion. I then told him thanks, but no thanks, because I don't work with close-minded, racist fucks. Then, I told him that he and the other partners could take a flying leap out of the nearest window. I then proceeded to tell Cardinello that he could go and fuck a goat and that my office would be cleared out by the end of the day. That's about it," Cameron replied still looking into her eyes as his hand left her chin and cupped her left cheek. Tavin kissed the inside of his hand.

"Cameron, why did you do that? I don't want you giving up your job for me," Tavin said as Cameron pulled her from her seat and sat her on his lap, resting his hands on her left hip.

"It's already done. I couldn't stay there knowing how they felt about our relationship, like something's wrong with us. I know what you are about to do...don't. None of this is your fault and I made this decision. Tav, you are my world, baby. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you...except do another guy. I love you, but I don't love you that much," Cameron whispered as he leaned over and kissed her forehead, then her nose. He then pecked her softly on the lips as Tavin laughed, trying to stop the tears from falling down her face. Cameron wiped them with his hands.

"Why do people think something is wrong with us, Cameron?" Tavin asked as she sniffled.

"People are just stupid, lovely. Baby, please...don't cry. It's just a job. I can get another job. Money is not an issue. If I want to keep investing, I could work for my dad or Trey. But this has just opened the door to another opportunity. I'm going to open my restaraunt, maybe do some trading part-time. Besides, I was tired of all the traveling anyway. This is a good thing, baby and none of this is your fault or mine...do you understand?" Cameron asked as she continued to sniff.

"What if you get another job and this happens again?" Tavin asked.

"Instead of telling them to take a flying fuck out of the nearest window, I'll tell them to kiss my ass...my tan, sexy ass. Or I could tell them to suck the big one? How does that sound?" Cameron asked with a small grin as Tavin let out a low chuckle.

"How can you joke at a time like this? This is serious stuff. We're always going to have to deal with crap like this, you know. You see the way people stare at us when we're out. Why can't they just let us be? It's hurtful and annoying," Tavin whispered as she cried.

"And I could give a shit. And so should you. Look sweetheart, I know that stupid shit hurts, but how does that song go by Jon B?" Cameron asked.

"No you are not quoting Jon B," Tavin replied.

"Yes, I am. I liked that song. Don't even act like you didn't either," Cameron said as Tavin laughed.

"Yeah I did. He was kinda cute too and he could sing...," Tavin stated as Cameron interrupted her.

"And I could give a shit. What did that song say? Don't listen to what people say, they don't know about you and me. They don't know about this here. This here, baby, is us. They don't know what we have lovely. We got a good thing goin' here. It feels right and we're happy. Stupid, ignorant ass people should be the least of our worries, Tav. That's just how I see it," Cameron replied as his hand went to her hair as he played with the ends. Tavin stared at him.

"You ain't gonna sing "Cumbaya" or "Ebony and Ivory" or something corny like that, huh?" Tavin asked as Cameron grinned.

"I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy," Cameron stated as he played with her hair. There was a comfortable silence as Tavin and Cameron stared at each other. After a few minutes, Tavin broke the silence.

"Do you know how much I love you?" Tavin asked, sniffing and kissing him on the lips.

"As much as I love you...and that's a hell of a lot. I'm letting you cry and snot all over my Armani shirt and that job was a six figure a year job, girl. You should be thinking of ways to take my mind off of this," Cameron stated as Tavin kissed him solidly with passion on the lips. Cameron's hands went into Tavin's hair as her hands caressed his face. They explored each other's lips for a few minutes, then Tavin fell against Cameron.

"I guess I should shut my ass up now," Cameron replied, licking the taste of their kiss off his lips.

"That would be wise, Pita," Tavin replied as they fell into another comfortable silence. Tavin sat on his lap and they fed each other dinner. An hour and a half later, clean and spent after one of their long showers, Tavin and Cameron lay in Tavin's bed, with his head in her lap. Tavin cleared her throat.

"Um, Cam, remember when I told you that I had a shitty day too?" Tavin asked as she ran her hands over Cameron's scalp, massaging it the way he liked it. Cameron sighed, loving the way her fingers felt in his hair.

"I'm sorry lovely. I didn't give you any vent time. Bad Cameron. Go ahead, baby, tell your man all about your crappy day. Damn, lovely, that feels so good," he whispered in a relaxed tone of voice.

"Actually, it's been a doo doo week, but...aw hell, here goes. I'm the new accountant for Dulet Inc., and guess who's the CFO. I feel so much better, baby. Do you want some chips?" Tavin asked as she tried to get up from the bed. Cameron lifted his head from her lap and stared into her eyes. He was not happy.

"Say what?" Cameron asked.

"Dulet, Inc., has been having problems and they needed assistance from an outside firm and that's us. Since I'm the best, they gave the account to me. No biggy, but I wanted you to know," TAvin said as she gave Cameron a smile. He wasn't smiling and his jaw was set firmly.

"If it's no biggie, why did you tell me?" Cameron asked.

"Because I knew if I didn't and you found out, it was going to be some shit," Tavin exasperately stated.

"You were right about that. So, you're telling me that you're going to be working with Jared Dulet on a regular basis?" Cameron asked in that calm voice that Tavin knew was not going to be calm for long.

"Not with him directly...well, sometimes, but mostly with his assistant. It's going to take a few months to clear their books and get them back on track, but no longer than that," Tavin replied, not comfortable with explaining herself and issues that concerned her job.

"I knew his ass was up to something. Just out of the blue, he chooses your firm and you get the job...bullshit," Cameron said angrily.

"Why is it bullshit?" Tavin asked, getting angry as well.

"Do you know who the Dulet's are, Tavin? Billionairs with a lot of power, prestige and clout. They have deep pockets and know what to do with them. They know everyone, baby. It wouldn't be hard for Dulet to find out who you were, where you worked and how to get you to work for him. He just drops his daddy's name and shit parts like the Red sea for that ass," Cameron responded.

"So basically you want me to believe that he set all this up because he wants some ass from me? He could have anyone he wants? I mean, I'm cute, but why me?" Tavin asked getting angry at Cameron's accusation and the fact that she had thought the same thing.

"The same reason I wanted you. There's something about you. Tav, you're spunky and sexy and pretty and special. You 're one of a kind, baby. That's why," Cameron stated matter of factly.

"So you really want me to believe that Jared Dulet, multi-billionaire did all of this to get my goodies?" Tavin asked.

"By George, I think she's got it," Cameron saidin an off the wall British accent. Tavin sat up and crossed her arms, giving him a look that could slice him in two.

"You have to give that account to somebody else, Tavin. It's that simple," Cameron stated stubbornly. Tavin laughed.

"No, it's not. First of all, I am not in the habit of explaining who I work with and why to anyone. I did not have to tell you, but I did because of the way you feel about Dulet...but wait, I don't know about that because you won't tell me," Tavin said incredulously.

"Now, Tav that's something...," Cameron began but Tavin finished.

"Oh, it's some CIA, Mission Impossible classified shit, right? What-the-fuck-ever. And now, you're implying that I didn't get this job because I'm the best in my department. You think my boss just pimped me out or something?" Tavin asked angrily.

"Yep. He knows Dulet, Tav, I'm sure of it. I'm saying that you got this account because Dulet wants to get closer to you so that he can try to fuck you. It's that simple," Cameron stated as Tavin got up from the bed.

"Get your ass up and get out," Tavin said calmly, wrapping her short purple robe around her body.

"Tav, you can't be serious? You really want me to go?" Cameron asked.

"Did I fuckin' stutter? Get out!" an angry Tavin replied.

"I can't believe this shit. You want me to leave because I'm telling the truth. I know that conniving, weasely mother fucker, Tavin. He set all this shit up...trust me," Cameron replied standing shirtless in a pair of pale gray silk boxers.

"And I can't believe you don't trust me. I can't believe that you would think that I was some dumb ass, brainless nitwit who didn't recognize game. And now, apparently, I'm naive and will spread my legs for any good looking charming man. You got about five minutes to get out of my house before I stab you with this nail file," Tavin replied as she stared at Cameron. He muttered to himself as he got dressed. No words were spoken as Cameron looked at her once more. Tavin turned her head as Cameron slammed the door. Tavin walked up to the door and locked it. What a great night, she thought as she headed to her room to cry once more that night.