Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 26

The next few weeks were a blur of activity for Tavin and Cameron. With the restaurant opening in a week, Trey’s upcoming nuptials in a month, as well as Janae’s arrival for the summer, the couple had a lot on their plate and not a lot of time for each other. Her friends flipped when they saw her ring and asked if the couple set a date. Tavin only told them that Cameron told her the engagement would not be long and was giving her a month to think about a date, then he was taking over.

The week also caught Tavin being pumped full of drugs due to some funky virus going around at work. Shannon gave it to her and half of her office had it. Cameron was wonderful with the way he took care of her. On the third day of her sickness, Cameron came home early to find Tavin on the couch, sniffling and looking awful. He put his hand on her head. She still felt a little warm.

“How are you feeling, Lovely?” Cameron asked.

“Not great at all. I hate being sick,” Tavin responded in a gravelly tone of voice.

“I know you do. Damn Shannon. I’ll be right back,” he replied. A few minutes later, he was wearing an old pair of jeans and an old t-shirt, with a surgical mask on his face and a can of Lysol and a towel attached to his hip.

“No, you do not have that on,” Tavin stated in a muffled tone of voice.

“Yes I do. Fee gave it to me. Thanks to Shannon giving you the mini Ebola virus, you’re sick and now the house is a hotbed of germs. Look, baby it doesn’t make sense for both of us to get sick so it stays on and this nice can of disinfectant is now my new best friend,” he replied as he sprayed a Lysol cloud through the house as Tavin gave him the finger.

“Did you have to spray that much, Cameron?” Tavin asked fanning her hand in front of her.

“Yes, I did. As much as I love you, I don’t love your germs and I don’t like being sick, so yeah, they have to go,” Cameron replied as he sprayed some more.

“I can’t get a little kiss?” Tavin asked with a pout. Cameron removed the mask and blew a kiss to her. Tavin stuck out her tongue at Cameron.

“Satisfied?” Cameron asked as he put his mask back on, winking at her.

“That’s it. That’s your idea of a kiss?” Tavin asked.

“No, but that’s all you’re getting right now. I’m sure the breath ain’t that fresh and baby, you’re sick as hell. I mean, you sound like you swallowed rocks and you look kind of bad baby…but I’m stuck with you, so I have to deal with it,” Cameron replied as he placed a glass of orange juice in front of Tavin, pulled down his mask and kissed the top of her forehead. He pulled it back on as he walked away.

Tavin didn’t want him to get sick and she knew that he cared. She smiled when she felt his lips against her forehead as she picked up the juice to take her medicine.

“You really are a dick. I’m going to remember that the next time you want some,” Tavin replied as she sniffled.

“No you won’t,” Cameron stated as he watched her sip some juice and pop her medicine into her mouth.

“Yes, I will…just watch…Achoo!” she said as she sneezed.

“Bless you, baby,” he replied.

“Thank you and I like I was saying, you ain’t getting none,” Tavin stated.

“Whatever. It’s been a four days. You’ll probably be throwing the booty at me once you feel better,” Cameron replied as he wiped down the coffee table in which Tavin had her feet on.

“The hell I will,” Tavin responded as she wrapped her fluffy yellow robe tighter around her. Cameron placed a tray in front of her with homemade chicken noodle soup and crackers.

“We’ll see. Now eat. It’s bad enough you didn’t eat for two days. Can’t have you wasting away,” Cameron replied as he watched her sip some of the soup.

It tasted good, she thought as she took a few more sips from the spoon. “I know there is a personal reason for that statement…a bonehead, idiotic one at that,” she replied as she ate.

“I can’t lose that beautiful thing that you sit on. I wouldn’t be able to go on without it. So eat up, sicky. That ass is staying right where it’s needed,” Cameron replied as he continued to clean and spray the living room.

“Prick,” Tavin replied as she ate her soup. Cameron laughed and kissed her forehead once more as he continued disinfecting the house as he so delicately put it.

***********************************************************
It was a few days before the restaurant opening and Tavin was much better. She only had three days left on the drugs and she would be able to go back to work next week. As she was sipping on some tea one evening, she heard the door open.

“Lovely, you here?” Cameron asked as he walked into the house and locked the door.

“Yes, I am. Hey sweetie,” she replied as she jumped up and ran to the door. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. Cameron threw his keys in the basket on the foyer table and hugged her by the waist. Cameron pulled her back and looked into her face. She looked like herself again.

“Hey baby. I guess someone feels better,” he replied.

“Yep. Guess what?” Tavin asked.

“What?” Cameron responded.

“I’m not contagious anymore. I only have to finish the rest of my medicine, and then I’m done with it,” Tavin replied as she kissed his neck. Cameron smiled as he picked her up by the waist and held her.

“That’s good. You’ll definitely be able to come to the opening Friday night, right?” Cameron asked.

“I wouldn’t miss it,” Tavin replied as she grinned at him. He kissed her on the tip of her nose.

“So you really can’t give me Bird Flu anymore?” Cameron asked as Tavin popped him.

“No, I can’t you asshole,” she replied as she resumed to kissing his neck.

“Yeah, someone feels much better,” Cameron sighed as Tavin’s lips traveled along his neck.

“Umm humm. Ooh, you smell…ooh, you smell…so good,” Tavin replied as she kissed his jawline and back to his neck.

“So do you. So, you want to go to Vilera’s?” Cameron asked as his hands cupped her bottom, loving the way her lips felt on his neck.

“Yeah, we could do that or we could order in?” Tavin whispered in his ear. Cameron smiled.

“What happened to “the hell I will,” he replied mimicking her voice as the tip of her tongue went down the column of his neck. Cameron groaned, gripping her ass tight.

“Aw, sweetie, I was drugged up and I talked some smack, you know that. I mean, if you don’t want me, just say so…,” Tavin replied sweetly as the tip of her tongue curved around the shell of his right ear. Cameron licked his lips and groaned once more. He held her and walked to the bedroom, throwing her on the bed. He threw off his shirt and crawled to her, kissing her soundly on the lips. Tavin stared at his beautiful, naked tan chest and grinned as she began to unbutton her shirt. Cameron lightly swatted her hands away and began to unbutton her shirt.

“It’s been eight days. Eight days, lovely. That’s all I’m going to say,” he whispered as he removed her shirt and her front clasp bra. His head dipped to her breasts as her head went back. His mouth attacked her right nipple as she moaned.

“So I take it Vilera’s is out,” Tavin whispered as he dragged his tongue across her chest to her left nipple and sucked it into his mouth.

“Uh duh! I’m lying here, sucking on your breasts, Tav, moaning. We haven’t made love in eight fuckin’ days. I think that it’s safe to say that we may not leave this room for the rest of the night,” he replied as his mouth clasped back onto her nipple. His hands palmed both breasts as she fell back again.

“Yeah, it has been a minute, huh?” Tavin whispered as she felt Cameron’s teeth lightly graze her nipple.

“Yes, baby. Now who’s talking too much?” Cameron asked as he looked up at her, still sucking her nipple into his mouth.

“I’m shutting up…right now,” Tavin moaned as her hands went to his head, keeping them on her breasts.
*********************************************************

“This place is nice,” Felicia replied as she looked around Giselle’s. The opening was phenomenal. The place was packed. The girls sat at a table eating appetizers because their significant others were running around with Cameron all night or sitting at the bar.

“Yeah and the appy’s are mmmmm good,” Liza replied as she popped a stuffed mushroom in her mouth.

“So, how does it feel…mommy,” Tavin asked sipping iced tea and grinning at a four and a half months pregnant Nichelle.

“Like crap, Teedy Tavy. All I do is throw up, eat and sleep. Pregnancy is for the birds,” Nichelle replied as she ate two mushrooms at once, then washed it down with ginger ale.

“But you look so pretty, Nichelle,” Nyla replied as Nichelle laughed.

“You do look beautiful, Shelley,” Tavin replied as she put her hand on top of Nichelle’s.

“Thank you. I am excited, but Donovan is like a kid in a candy store. Every day he brings home something new. It’s ridiculous,” Nichelle replied as everyone laughed.

“At least he’s excited and he does care, Shelley. Be happy of that,” Felicia replied.

“I am, I just…,” Nichelle began but was interrupted by a waiter.

“Excuse me ladies, but the gentlemen over at the bar would like to buy your next round. The gentleman in the green shirt asked me to give this to you maam,” the waiter said, passing a note to Tavin. Tavin looked up at the man and mouthed thank you. He and his friends tipped their drinks at them.

“Ooh, he’s cute,” Nyla replied as she sipped her wine.

“No doubt about that,” Felicia replied.

“Hey, if he wants to spend his money, that’s fine with me,” Tavin replied as she grinned at the guy.

Cameron watched the scene unfold from the far end of the bar. Trey was near the bar and heard the men talking about Tavin and the rest of the ladies and told Cameron.

“Oh, he’s pulling the old drink buying for the friends routine, huh?” Cameron asked with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Yep. We know that one well,” Trey replied.

“We recreated it,” Cameron responded.

“He was feeling your girl man. I mean, look at that dress. He ain’t the only cat in here that is,” Trey replied, referring to Tavin’s slinky gold dress that dipped low to the waist and exposed her back. She did look extremely sexy, he thought as he looked at her.

“Dude is just dreamin’, that’s all. He could have did better than the note on the napkin though. Watch this,” Cameron replied as he slowly walked to Tavin’s table. He ran his fingertips slowly across her naked back as she turned around.

“Hey Cam,” she replied as he grinned at her.

“Hey Lovely. So, you guys alright?” he asked.

“Yes. This place is amazing and the food is wonderful,” Nyla replied.

“Yeah it is good, but you need to send some more of those cheese rolls, more of the shrimp dip, those chicken eggroll things and more mushrooms over. That wasn’t enough,” Nichelle replied as she grabbed the last mushroom.

“That was four platters of appetizers, Shelley,” Cameron replied.

“Yeah, but we hardly got any. The new mommy here inhaled most of it,” Felicia replied as Cameron laughed.

“That’s not a problem. I’ll send some more over. Look, I gotta get back to…,” he replied as Tavin interrupted him.

“I know. Just don’t forget those appetizers. She might start on us next,” Tavin replied as they all laughed.

“I won’t. I’ll see you later,” he replied looking into her eyes like she was the only person in the room.

“Yes, you will,” Tavin replied licking her lips in anticipation for the kiss she knew was coming.

Cameron leaned down and kissed her softly, but soundly on the lips, and long enough for the guy and his friends to see. Tavin tilted her head upward for more of the kiss, slowly running her fingers through the hair on his nape as she kissed him back. They kissed until they heard Felicia say, “I know there’s a freezer, closet or an office in this joint. Take your pick.”

Cameron smiled against Tavin’s lips as he pulled away, then gave her a short peck.

“How do you know we haven’t broke those in already, Fee?” Cameron asked as they laughed.

“Nasty…just nasty,” Fee remarked.

“You damn right, but it’s all good. My baby likes it,” Cameron replied grinning at Tavin.

“Sure you right,” Tavin replied grinning back.

“Oh and Shelley, hold on, I’ll get those apps out as soon as possible, so don’t eat my girl. That’s my job. Bye baby,” Cameron replied as he winked at Tavin and walked off.

“Bye,” Tavin replied with the hugest grin on her face.

“Umm….nasty, just nasty,” Liza replied as they all shook their head then laughed.

Cameron walked back to the bar and made sure that he stopped one of his managers in front of the men who sent the drinks to Tavin.

“Could you send out another round of appetizers ASAP to my fiancee’s table. I told her she could have anything as long as she wore that dress and she did, so hurry the order along. Thanks, man,” Cameron replied as he walked passed the man, particularly the guy in the green shirt and smiled at him.

Trey just laughed as Cameron walked back to him. He dapped his hand.

“You are cold, dog,” Trey said.

“Maybe, but he knows what the deal is now. I’ll see you later, one of my managers is flagging me down,” Cameron replied as caught Tavin’s eye again. He puckered his lips at her and winked as he walked past the men at the bar once more.

“Enjoy your evening, gentlemen,” Cameron replied with a wide grin on his face as he walked to the back of the restarant. Tavin grinned over at Cameron once more and heard her cell phone ringing. She looked at the number and grinned.

“Hey, Doodles, what’s going on?” Tavin asked.

”Hey Tavy. I miss you,” Janae replied.

“I miss you, too, but I’ll see you in a few weeks,” Tavin replied.

“Well, actually, that’s what I called to talk to you about. I wanted to know if it would be okay if I came there early, say next weekend?” Janae asked, sounding very anxious. It was only 2 weeks earlier, Tavin thought and she did miss her.

“I guess that’s okay, but what’s really going on Janae?” Tavin asked in a concerned tone of voice.

“Mama is just being really ridiculous and I can’t take her for one more minute. I’m finished with exams and everything, so is it really okay? Will Cameron mind? Can I come early?” Janae asked.

Tavin smiled. “Of course you can and I'm sure he won’t mind. Does mama know you want to come a little early?”

“Yes, she does. I think she wants me to leave a little early, too. There is way too much tension in this house. Tavy?”

“What sweetie?” Tavin asked.

“Nothing. So, my flight will be in at 4pm. Will you pick me up or do you want me to get a cab to your house?”

“Of course I’ll pick you up. Are you sure everything is alright?” Tavin asked.

Janae gave a huge sigh of relief. “Now it is. Thank you so much Tavy and I’ll see you next week. I love you.”

“I love you too, little sister. Bye,” Tavin said as she hung up her phone. Nichelle looked at her and Tavin gave her a look that said, it’s fine, but I’ll talk to you later. Janae was just coming early, it was no big deal, Tavin thought to herself. But in the back of Tavin’s mind, something was nagging her and telling her that something was wrong, but Janae didn’t clue her in to anything being wrong. Tavin took another sip of her iced tea and blocked it from her mind.