Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 7

It was the beginning of November, and Tavin was surprised at the fact that she and Cameron were getting closer--without any bloodshed. Who would have thought?

This first week in November had been a long and tedious one for Tavin, but, surprisingly she made changes in her schedule. She now worked 9 hour days instead of the 14 that used to be her signature. On this particular Friday, she was leaving early, as she usually did on her Shoe Day. Every 1st Friday of every other month, Tavin left work after lunchtime and indulged herself with shoe shopping. Her limit was usually 3 pair of shoes. Shoes and handbags were a few of her guilty pleasures and although, it was quite costly, she never regretted it.

Tavin walked out of the glass doors of her office building into the brisk, cold day, one of many in New York. Tavin tied her black leather coat tighter around her waist as she tried to hail a cab. Tavin's pocket vibrated and she heard her cell phone ringing. She smiled as she saw Cameron's name appear on the Caller ID. She opened her phone and answered with black leather gloved hands.

"This is Tavin," she said.

"Hey there, good lookin'! What are ya doing? I wanted to know if you wanted to have a late lunch with me?" Cameron asked, driving down the street from Tavin's office. Although Cameron had lunch an hour ago, he would eat again if it meant spending time with her.

"Damn, you mean I could have had a free lunch? I wished you would have called earlier. As usual, you have crappy timing. I ate already. Besides, it's Shoe Day. I'm out of the office until Monday," Tavin replied happily.

"Shoe Day? What in the hell is Shoe Day?" Cameron asked. Tavin explained her ritual and Cameron laughed.

"You actually leave work...you...leave work....early? On a Friday? To shop for shoes? I couldn't get you to leave work early to go to dinner last week and you leave early to shop for shoes? Women are freakin' nuts! Why didn't you inform me of this time honored ritual of yours?" Cameron asked.

"Nun-ya," Tavin replied, still trying to hail a cab.

"Nun-ya?" Cameron asked.

"I didn't tell you because it was Nun-ya business. Besides, men are not interested in women and their pleasures...," Tavin said as Cameron interrupted.

"I object. I am all about my lady and her pleasure--food, clothes...sex...especially sex," he replied.

"Oh, lord, here we go," Tavin said, rolling her eyes.

"I don't stop until my woman is satisfied. I'm damn good at pleasuring, too. Believe that. You want to find out? I'd be happy to give you a full demonstration," Cameron said, grinning into the phone as his car pulled up where Tavin was and he watched her walk in the cold. She hadn't even noticed his car.

"I'm sure you would...freak. Besides, men don't need to know everything about a woman. We like to keep some things to ourselves," Tavin stated.

"Women...like to keep things to themselves? As much as you like to whine and complain and talk about yourself? Yeah, right. Moving on. It's cold outside today, huh, Tav?" Cameron asked.

"Yes, indeed. I can't get a cab and my nipples are frozen," Tavin said. As soon as she said it, she wished she wouldn't have.

"Frozen nipples...that means they're like frozen chocolate drops. Can I defrost...," Cameron replied.

"Don't go there, Cam. It's too damn cold and my hands are too stiff from the cold to execute a good right hook," Tavin said.

"Tavin?" Cameron asked.

"What?" Tavin asked.

"Why don't you look to your left?" Cameron asked. Tavin looked to her left and saw Cameron pull up to her smiling. He got out of the car and walked to the passenger's door.

"You need a ride, miss?" he asked.

"Hell, yeah," Tavin said. Cameron's hand was on the handle of the car door, but he wouldn't open it. He smiled down at her. Tavin put her hands on her hips. She knew that damn smile. It wasn't good.

"Come on, Cameron. It's cold," Tavin said.

"If I give you a ride...will you give me one?" Cameron asked pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Yeah, you can have a ride...," Tavin said licking her lips, placing her gloved hand to Cameron's face.

"Ooh really. We can be at my penthouse in 10 minutes,"Cameron smiled widely and moved closer to her.

"You can have a ride...in an ambulance...to the ER...if you don't quit playing with me and let me in that damn car!" Tavin said loudly. Cameron opened the door quickly and let her get in, quickly getting in the driver's seat. Once he was seated, he pulled away and glanced over at Tavin who was smiling in the heated car.

"Just thought I would ask. You are one scary chic," Cameron replied. He looked over at her after she "thawed" and gave her a dimpled grin.

"Hey, sweetheart."

"Hey, Cameron...and don't call me sweetheart," Tavin replied with a smile.

"Whatever. Did you have a good day at school, dear?" Cameron asked in a hilariously false old maid voice. Tavin shook her head and smiled.

"Yes, I did. I only got put in time-out once," Tavin said.

"That's good. So, where to first? Where are we going?" Cameron asked.

"We? Who said anything about we? You asked me if I needed a ride. You didn't say anything about wanting to come with. This is a sacred day for me. Your testosterone may ruin it," Tavin stated.

"I am really curious to see what this "holiday" is all about. I saved your cute...round...sexy...little ass from the harsh cold. The least you could do is let me accompany you to the festivities," Cameron replied, glancing at her with a look that could melt the iciest of hearts. Tavin blew out a breath.

"Oh...alright. I guess you can come, but you'd better not rush me or tell me anything about time. The minute you do, poof...you are gone. Agreed?" Tavin asked, putting out her hand as they approached a red light. Cameron nodded in agreement and shook her hand, with a grin on his face. Tavin gave him the directions to the store, which was only twenty minutes away.

"You know, you could have died from frost bite. The least you could do is give me kiss right here," Cameron stated as he pointed to his right cheek. Tavin kissed his right cheek.

"And right here," Cameron said, pointing to his left cheek. Tavin giggled and kissed his left cheek.

"And here," Cameron said, pointing to his lips. Tavin gave him a small peck, but Cameron caught her lips in a kiss that took her by surprise. Tavin warmed completely up from that. After the kiss, Tavin heard horns honking and Cameron was staring at her lips, wanting another kiss. Why did he have to look at her like that...with those eyes, she thought.

"Green light, Cameron," Tavin whispered. Cameron pulled away from her slowly.

"Just trying to warm you up. Did it help?" He asked glancing at her.

"Yeah, thanks," Tavin replied as they drove in silence for a few minutes, then Cameron brought up something funny and they spoke until they reached the store. Cameron parked and they walked into the store with Cameron's hand on the small of her back. Tavin was unnerved and excited by the warmth and feel of his hand on her back. Cameron opened the door for her and Tavin slipped inside of the store first, with Cameron's hand still on her back. Jennifer, a regular saleswoman, saw Tavin and smiled brightly at her. Cameron stood next to Tavin.

"Hello, Ms. Wilson. How are you today?" Jennifer asked, immediately turning her attention to Cameron. Whoa, what a babe, Jennifer thought to herself as she smiled at Cameron.

"I'm fine. This is my friend, Cameron Caldwell," Tavin replied. Oh no this heifer is not looking at him like that, with me standing here, Tavin thought as she saw Jennifer eye Cameron like she wanted to eat him with a spoon. Tavin tried to reign in her jealously.

Cameron noticed how Jennifer checked him out and he felt and saw Tavin tense up--she was jealous, he thought. Jennifer was pretty cute and very ballsy, he thought, but he wasn't interested. Cameron wrapped his left arm around Tavin's waist and pulled her closer to him. Cameron kissed her on the cheek, then dropped a soft, sweet kiss on her neck.

"You always introduce me like that, sweetheart, when you know we're much more than that," Cameron replied, nuzzling her neck, then kissing her cheek again. Tavin blushed, loving the destroyed look on Jennifer's face. He held out his right hand to shake Jennifer's, whose eyes told him that she was pretty disappointed. Jennifer saw the way he looked at Ms. Wilson and knew she had a snowball's chance in hell with him.

"Nice to meet you, Jennifer," Cameron replied shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you, too, Mr. Caldwell. So, Ms. Wilson, it's that time of the month again," Jennifer said with a smile. Tavin put her hand on Cameron's chest and looked up at him.

"Yes, it is. Cameron insisted on coming with me and I told him, this is a process that takes time. You've been well warned," Tavin replied. Cameron laughed.

"Well, any man that is willing to come with a woman while she shops for shoes is a keeper in my book," Jennifer stated. Tavin was going to say something, but Cameron pulled her chin up with his finger, staring down into her eyes.

"Tavin...just agree with the lady, baby, so I can see what the fuss is all about," he replied. Tavin looked up into his eyes and grinned. She thought she was going to melt on the spot. Jennifer eyed the way Cameron looked at Tavin. The man was a goner. Ms. Wilson was a very lucky woman, Jennifer thought.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. So, show me what's new," Tavin replied as she slowly removed herself from Cameron's grip. Cameron smiled, because he knew he was getting to her.

"Right this way," Jennifer replied as Tavin followed her to the back of the store. Cameron followed slowly behind them, taking a seat on one of the benches in the back of the store.

3 hours later, and Tavin was still shopping. Cameron handled a few business calls that were forwarded to his cell phone and just watched her shop. Cameron didn't moan or complain, but he did let her know if a color was ugly or not. She really liked shoes, he thought as he watched her face light up when she saw a shoe she really liked. Although he loved the way high heels made a woman's legs look, he didn't see what the big deal was...but then again, he wasn't a woman.
Although this wasn't his type of hype, this allowed him another glimpse of the multifaceted, pretty distraction that was Tavin Wilson. Cameron spotted a red pair of alligator ankle strap stillettos, which were beyond sexy. Cameron walked over to Tavin, who was sitting trying to decide on two pair of brown high heels.

"I don't know much about women's shoes, but these are very sexy. Why don't you try these on, Tav?" he asked. Tavin looked at the pretty red shoes and sighed.

"Because I don't have anywhere to wear them. I can't wear them to work or church. Besides, red shoes are definitely not me," Tavin said. Cameron walked over to Jennifer and asked her for a size 8 in the red shoes.

"Try them on. If they look good, get them. Then, I'll take you somewhere where you can wear them," Cameron replied.

"Where? On the corner?" Tavin asked.

"You always have jokes, don't you Tav?" Cameron asked.

"Hey...somebody's gotta keep the laughs goin'...might as well be me," Tavin replied. Jennifer handed Cameron the box with the shoes and he smiled a thank you. Cameron sat on the floor at her feet and opened the box. He smiled up at Tavin with the right shoe in his hand. Many of the store patrons stared at them.

"Cameron, get off the floor in your suit! You'll ruin it and I don't have the cash to replace it," Tavin stated.

"Don't worry...if something happens to it, I'll find another way for you to pay me back. Now, give me your feet," Cameron replied with a wink, taking her right foot into his hands before she could offer it. He ran his finger slowly from the tip of her big toe to the inside of ankle and looked up at her.

"You've got such pretty feet, Tav," he said as Tavin swallowed.

"Thank you. Now, get off the floor," Tavin said. Cameron slowly slipped the shoe on her foot, then gently buckled the ankle strap. After he completed that task, he stared at her with the most serious expression. Tavin couldn't look away if she wanted to. His hand held her foot and his fingers caressed her calf and her ankle. Tavin shifted in her seat. Cameron gave her a slow grin as he gently let the right foot go, and proceeded to place the left shoe on her foot in the same manner. After the shoe was on the left foot, he made little circles with his thumb along her ankle and foot. Tavin shifted again in her seat, trying to maintain her composure.

"See, I told you. You look good in red..very good. They're hot. They look absolutely gorgeous against your skin and your legs...they make them look sexier than they already are," he replied, running a finger from the middle of her left calf to the back of her ankle. He leaned down, kissed her left ankle, circling it lightly with the tip of his tongue, then her right ankle, which received the same treatment. Cameron sat up as he looked at her feet once last time and smiled.

Tavin was already wet and feeling tingly all over from the look in his eyes, his hands and his touch. Lord, please, give me strength, she thought to herself. Tavin hurriedly stood up and began to fan herself. Every woman in the shop stared, mouth agape at Cameron. He just smiled and winked at Tavin. Tavin walked around in the shoes, away from Cameron.

"Oooh, is it hot in here, or is it just me," she muttered as she walked to one of the full length mirrors in the shoes. They did look good on her. Damn, he's fine and he has good taste in shoes, she thought. What am I going to do, Tavin thought.

Cameron knew he had gotten under her skin, because she had gotten under his. He couldn't help himself. Her feet were pretty and...well, he loved women with pretty feet...and her skin felt so good. Cameron stood up and walked behind her, watching her turn her feet and looking at the shoes from different angles. He put his right hand on the small of her back, and his left hand on her waist, staring at himself and Tavin in the mirror. He liked what he saw. He leaned down and whispered into her ear, inhaling the delicious scent of her.

"Hey, look up, Tavin. We look good together, don't you think?" he whispered in that deep, sexy voice that brought chills down her spine. His lips were directly on her right ear.

He's touching me again, Tavin thought, as she licked her lips nervously. Have mercy, Tavin thought. She looked at them--they did look good. Tavin had to say something to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, we do...but I'm cuter than you," she said. He put both hands on either side of her waist and leaned down to her ear once more. Tavin had to remind herself to breathe. Cameron laughed.

"I'm not going to argue about that one, because for once in you're life, you're right. So what's the verdict, pretty girl?" he asked. Tavin's stomach did flips.

"No, can't get 'em. They're over my 3 pair limit," Tavin replied walking away from Cameron to sit and take off the shoes. She signaled to Jennifer and after her shoes were back on, she walked to the register.

Cameron scratched his head. He saw her try on at least 20 pair of shoes and she was only getting 3 pair? Why try them one if you're not going to get them, he asked himself. Women, he thought.

"You're going to put them back. I told you...," he said.

"No way," Tavin said as she pulled out her credit card to pay for her purchases. Cameron patted her hand and pulled out his credit card. Tavin shook her head no.

"Nope, Caldwell. I can't let you do that," she replied. Jennifer looked at them, not knowing which card to take.

"Tavin, come on," he said.

"Uh huh. Jennifer, ring me up," she replied shoving the card in Jennifer's hand. Cameron looked at her and she narrowed her eyes. Cameron put his card away. He had to respect her boundaries. Tavin was pretty independent and very stubborn, two things he loved about her.

"Well, I'll be damned. That is the first time that a woman has ever refused me when I offered to pay," Cameron said, but then again, Tavin wasn't like other women. Jennifer handed Tavin her receipt and Cameron grabbed her packages.

"There's always a first time for everything. Just call me a pioneer," Tavin replied with a smile. He smiled back. As they departed, out of the store, Tavin stood on tiptoe and kissed Cameron on the lips. Cameron's eyes began to race as he smiled. Those luscious lips of hers were going to kill him.

"Thank you for keeping me company," she said in a low voice. She opened the door for him.

"You're welcome," he replied as they departed the store. One patron said, "Hell, I need to bring my husband to the shoe store."

Upon leaving the store, they decided to have dinner together. Cameron didn't want to let her go yet. There was silence, then Cameron spoke.

"Tav, seriously, listen to me very carefully when I tell you this. I mean this with all sincerity. I am never, ever, coming with you on Shoe Day again. The time that it took you to buy 3 pairs of shoes, I could have ordered and received a mail order bride from Taiwan. Thanks for letting me tag along, but never again," Cameron replied as Tavin laughed.

"I warned you, you stupid ass. Well, I accomplished the goal of making YOU miserable? That's what my world was like for 8 damn years because of your ass. Payback is a bitch. This is so cool. All is right with the universe," Tavin replied sitting back in the leather seat of his car. Cameron shook his head at her and narrowed his eyes.

"Evil ass broad," he replied as they drove to dinner.
*********************************************************

Cameron and Tavin were back at her apartment, watching movies and listening to music. Cameron didn't expect his day to turn out so good. He could have done without the shoes, but he got to spend time with Tavin and that kiss...he never had feelings like this about any woman. He wanted to make her smile, see her happy, protect and care for her. She was constantly in his thoughts. Damn, he thought. I'm in love with Tavin Wilson. Now, how do I get her to see that she loves me too, he thought.

Tavin began to yawn and Cameron smiled.

"That's my cue. Walk me to the door?" he asked, holding out his hand. Tavin smiled, took his hand and walked him to the front door.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" he asked as the back of his right hand caressed her cheek. Tavin felt the tingles again.

"Not much. Why?" she asked.

"You want to do 'not much' together?" Cameron asked, still caressing her cheek.

"Yeah, it's better than doing 'not much' alone...even if it's with you," she said with a grin.

"You are really something," he replied.

"Yep and don't you forget it," she replied.

"So, tomorrow, I'll pick you up for 12:00pm?" Camreron asked, closing the distance between them.

Those damn green eyes, she thought. She was transfixed, in a daze.

"That's fine," she whispered as his head lowered, capturing her lips in a kiss that was not sweet or slow, but filled with desire. How in the hell did he know just how to kiss her, she thought.

"Hmm," Tavin moaned, her arms going around his neck as the kiss deepened. Cameron reluctantly pulled his lips away from hers and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, lovely. I'll see you tomorrow," he replied winking, as Tavin just nodded, touching her fingers to her lips, closing the door. Tavin leaned against the door and whispered, "Lord, be with me, because I want that man...bad."

*********************************************************

Tavin enjoyed the weekend she had with Cameron. They went bowling and dancing with their friends, which was great. Tavin couldn't remember having so much fun and it was all because of Cameron, she finally admitted to herself. The kissing was getting more intense and she found herself wanting more, wanting that man...bad.

The next week, Tavin was in her office looking over quarterly reports on a Thursday morning, when her quacky, but reliable assistant buzzed her.

"Tavin," Shannon Myers whispered, her hazel eyes widening at the sight sitting in the chair across from her desk.

"Yes, Shannon, and why are you whispering?" Tavin replied, not looking up from her report.

"Because I don't want the H.O.'double T' hottie to hear me," Shannon continued in a whisper.

"What are you talking about, Shannon?" Tavin asked.

"There is a man...what a man...a gorgeous man...named Cameron Caldwell, requesting to see you and he looks and smells expensive. God deserves a big thumbs up on this one. What would you like me to do? If you don't want him to come in, can I keep him?" Shannon asked, whispering. Tavin shook her head and laughed.

"No, you silly girl. Send him in, Shannon," Tavin replied, placing her report on her desk as she stood, and fixed her hair as well as her coral, cowl neck, sleeveless cashmere blouse and silk oatmeal colored slacks. Tavin stood near her desk as she heard the door open. Cameron walked into her office, with Shannon close on his heels.

Cameron took in Tavin's appearance and liked what he saw. She looked beautiful. She only wore dark pink lipgloss, which was all she needed, with that flawless, beautiful brown skin, Cameron thought. His smile spread wider as he stared at her from the open office door.

He looked like he stepped out of a photo spread in Esquire magazine. Cameron had on a navy blue suit, a light blue shirt and a red tie, looking scrumptious. She now saw why Shannon was going ga-ga. Mercy, mercy, Tavin thought. Shannon stood behind Cameron, licking her lips as she pointed to Cameron and mouthed, "bootylicious". Tavin bit her bottom lip to contain her giggle as Cameron turned around. Shannon gave Tavin a military salute and continued to stare at Cameron.

"Shannon?" Tavin asked.

"Yeah, boss?" Shannon asked. Cameron gave Tavin a lopsided grin and scratched his head.

"You...can...go...now," Tavin stated slowly.

"Oh, yeah, right boss," Shannon replied, still smiling at Cameron.

"Shannon?" Tavin asked.

"Yes, boss?" Shannon asked.

"That means you can go out of the door, close the door and leave," Tavin stated slowly. Cameron bit his lip to stop laughing and Shannon smiled at Tavin.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, Tavin," Shannon replied as she walked out of the door, closing it behind her. Tavin smiled at Cameron as he looked around her office.

"Well, look at what the wind blew in. Do you always leave women, mouth agape, in your wake?" Tavin asked.

"It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it," Cameron replied.

"Right, you conceited bastard. Cameron, I see your gaze of mediocrity as you glance at my humble work area. I know it's not your cushy office, but it's enough for me," Tavin stated. Cameron walked over to her, unbuttoned his jacket and pulled a yellow rose from behind his back, and presented it to her. Tavin took the rose, sniffed it and smiled, unaware of Cameron's gaze.

"I wasn't going to say anything about your office...even though it is just a little bigger than a closet. I was going to remark on how lovely you look today. No black, blue, or khaki? You look very pretty, Tavin. I like," Cameron replied with a smile, staring down into her eyes. Tavin looked up at him.

"Oh, so that's why I was put on this earth...to please you," Tavin remarked with sarcasm.

"Duh? It took you long enough to figure it out," Cameron said as he smiled at her. Tavin sucked her teeth.

"So, what are you doing here?" Tavin asked as he moved slowly and closely to her, passing her by and sitting in her chair. He bounced in her chair and grinned.

"Comfy," he replied. Tavin crossed her arms and smiled at him.

"What are you doing, fool? It's not a ride at Disney World. It's an executive chair, you idiot," Tavin stated.

"I know that, but it's so fun. You should try it sometime. So, this is where you do the daily grind, huh?" Cameron asked, slowly saying grind and grinding in her chair, as he swirled in it.

"You are a freaky ass white boy...and stop playing in my chair before you break it, you big kid," Tavin replied laughing at him. Cameron grinned at her and curled his finger towards her, beckoning her to come to him. Tavin sniffed her rose, placed it on her desk and walked over to him. Cameron patted his lap and Tavin began to sit down, but Cameron grinned, shook his head no, and made her sit in his lap, straddling him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and looked into those beautiful, brown eyes that he loved. Tavin pushed against him, trying to break free. He felt her tense up and whispered, "Play nice, please."

"Cameron, uh huh, this is highly inappropriate. What if my boss comes in, what if my assistant walks in?" Tavin asked.

"Tavin, would you calm your uptight ass down before something bursts? Shannon isn't going to let anyone come in unless you say it's okay and besides...I locked the door," he said, giving her a devilish grin.

"You are so bad," Tavin whispered.

"And I'm damn good at it, too. Tavin, we're not doing anything wrong. I'm just holding you, baby. There's nothing wrong with that. Relax. Besides, you like this as much as I do," he whispered, looking into her eyes, holding her chin with his fingertips. Tavin didn't care who walked in, as long as he continued to look at her and hold her the way that he presently was.

"You still haven't answered my question? What are you doing here?" Tavin asked, getting to the point. Cameron's arms went back around her waist.

"Direct and to the point as usual," Cameron replied, looking up at her.

"As usual. No changing that," Tavin said.

"I don't want you to change. I wanted to see you, that's all and I personally wanted to invite you to dinner tonight, at my house. I'm leaving the states tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to be in London on business for a week, so I wanted to see you," he stated.

"A whole week?" Tavin asked, not realizing she had asked him in the tone that she did. Her hands were playing on the lapels of his suit jacket as she pouted. His hands went to her ears and he took out her carat diamond earrings. She looked at him strangely as he wiggled his eyebrows at her, eliciting a laugh from Tavin. Cameron pulled her to him, then he pulled her bottom lip into his mouth, very slowly, then he released it.

"Stop pouting, you big baby. I guess you're going to miss me, but don't worry, I'm going to miss you too. So, are you coming to dinner? I'll cook something special. Ooh, baby, you smell so good," Cameron replied, burying his nose in her neck. Tavin's hands went to the back of his head and she caressed his neck with her fingertips.

"You can cook?" Tavin asked. Cameron loved the feel of her fingers on him.

"Yes, I can cook. See there's something else you just learned about me," Cameron whispered into her neck, kissing it. Tavin giggled.

"I know I've been a pain to you for years, but trying to off me by poisoning me ain't the way to go, Cameron,"Tavin stated as Cameron looked up from her neck and laughed.

"I'm not trying to kill you, woman. I just want to spend some time with you before I leave. Is that wrong?" Cameron asked, running a finger slowly up and down her spine. Tavin wanted to fall out of the chair, because whatever he was doing felt incredible.

"No, I guess not," Tavin replied as they stared into each other's eyes. Tavin licked her lips and their faces moved slowly towards each other. Cameron wrapped his arms around her back and kissed her slowly, then his hands moved back to her waist and her arms around his neck and kissed him back. As the kiss continued, Cameron cupped her behind in his hands and moved his lips from hers, slowly to her jaw, then down her neck. He placed kisses along her neck, grabbing her behind and molding it in his hands, as he kissed her neck. Tavin moaned. Cameron stopped and looked at her with desire, love filled eyes.

"I love you, Tavin. I want you, Tavin. Do you have any idea how much I want you, baby? Do you feel how much I want you?" Cameron asked as his tongue licked a path from her neck to her collarbone. Another moan escaped her lips. Cameron held her bottom with one hand and his hand moved between her legs, grinding his erection on her. He could feel her heat through her slacks. She was driving him crazy.

"You feel so good, baby. Do you want me as much as I want you. Tell me, Tavin," he whispered. Tavin whispered yes and he smiled. Cameron continued stroke her between her legs and Tavin was speechless. His hands felt so good on her. She was drenching wet and he could feel her wetness between the thin, silk slacks. She was on passion overload as Cameron's tongue sucked her earlobe into her ear, licking the shell of her ear. Tavin purred.

"Umm, I guess that means, I'll see you tonight, right?" Cameron asked, as he flicked her tongue in the spot behind her ear once more, making her moan louder. Tavin nodded yes and moaned again.

Cameron had a shit eating grin on his face as he whispered, "Shh, baby, you don't want anyone to hear you." He slowly removed his fingers and kissed her on the lips. He sat up and got of the chair and placed her back in it. He put his hands on either side of the chair and stared at a passion dazed Tavin, who licked her lips and tried to control her breathing. She looked vulnerable, sexy and well kissed.

"What time?" Tavin asked breathlessly.

"Seven, and don't be late. What a way to start the day, huh? I have to go, Tavin. I have to meet a client in 30. Don't get up sweetheart. I'll let myself out. See you tonight," he replied, as he leaned over, and gave her another kiss on the lips. He kissed her forehead and walked towards the door.

"Oh, thank you for the rose," she whispered, trying to find her voice. Cameron gave her a devastating smile.

"You're welcome, baby," he said.

"Do you want me to bring something?" Tavin asked breathlessly.

"Just bring your pretty little self. That's all I need. I'll see you later, Tavin," he replied as he puckered his lips in a kiss towards, her and walked out the door. Tavin began to fan herself quickly with a file on her desk. He loves me, she asked herself. She pressed her intercom so many times that Shannon burst through the door.

"What's up boss?" Shannon asked, looking at Tavin with a knowing smile.

"Get me some water, please. And Shannon?" Tavin asked.

"Yeah, Tavin?" Shannon asked.

"Put some ice in it...plenty of ice," Tavin replied as Shannon smiled.

"Will do, Tavin. FIRE, Umm, Humm, Uhhm Humm, Humm, FIRE," Shannon sang as she closed the door to do as her boss asked.

"Lord help me please," Tavin whispered, rapidly fanning herself.
*********************************************************

Tavin put in an urgent call to Nichelle to have lunch with her that afternoon. She needed true advice about this Cameron situation and she knew that Nichelle would not hold anything back. Tavin walked into Lea's, one of Nichelle and Tavin's favorite lunch spots and gave the hostess her name. The young lady led tavin to the table where Nichelle was sitting, sipping strawberry lemonade.

"Hey, girl. Did you order buffalo wings?" Tavin asked as she unbuttoned her coat and place her handbag and coat in the empty chair next to Nichelle.

"Hey, Tav, and yes, I did. You sounded pretty weird on the phone, so I knew this was a wing day. I ordered your raspberry tea," Nichelle replied, smiling at her best friend. Tavin smiled back.

"Thanks," Tavin said as the waitress arrived with her tea. They ordered lunch and Nichelle began to speak.

"You're eating kind of light today, Tav. What's up with that?" Nichelle replied.

"Cameron has invited me to dinner...at his house...tonight...he's cooking. And, oh, by the way...he told me he loved me," Tavin responded, taking a long sip of her tea. Nichelle's eyebrows arched and she grinned.

"Really?" Nichelle asked.

"Yes, really. Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," Tavin replied as the waitress placed the meaty buffalo wings in the center of the table. Tavin grabbed a wing and began to eat. She closed her eyes, relishing the taste of the spicy wing.

"I'd better get one now before you demolish them all," Nichelle said as she picked up a spicy wing and began to eat as well.

"Umm, so good," Tavin said, finishing her first wing and picking up her second. Nichelle waited, because she knew it was only a matter of time before Tavin began to spill. Tavin finished her second wing and wiped her hand with a hot towel. Tavin took a sip of her tea and began to speak.

"What am I going to do, Nichelle?" Tavin asked.

"About?" Nichelle implored.

"Cameron. I can't stop thinking about him. He just popped up at my office early this morning, laid the smackdown on me, then left me hot as a firecracker, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Then he tells me he loves me. Cameron loves me. I never thought that I would feel this way about Cameron Caldwell, Shelly. We are so different, but he's fun...interesting...exciting and fine as hell. I have such a good time when I'm with him. I know I sound crazy...," Tavin stated with a grin.

"You don't sound crazy. You sound like you're gone," Nichelle replied with a smile.

"I do?" Tavin asked.

"Yeah. You want Cameron. I'm just glad that you've finally realized it, because he wants you...big time...trust me. He's telling you the truth," Nichelle winked and Tavin laughed. Their salads arrived and they began to eat.

"You really think so?" Tavin asked hesitantly.

"I know so. I knew it was only a matter of time before you two stopped pissing each other off and started getting it on. When you told me what happened after Trey's party, the shoe story and this morning, girl...that man is staking a claim. Now, he's finally told you he loves you...finally...and he's cooking for you, too...by the way, the boy can burn! Cameron is sexy and smart and totally into you, Tavin. He has been for a long time. How do you feel?" Nichelle asked staring at Tavin.

"I think...no, I know...I'm in love with him, too," Tavin said hesitantly. Nichelle screamed, jumped up and hugged Tavin as the other diners gave her looks.

"She forgot to take her meds, don't mind her,. Nichelle, shush," Tavin said to the diners as Nichelle continued to scream and hug her.

"I'm not crazy. I'm happy for you. So, what are you going to do about it?" Nichelle asked, pulling away from her, settling back into her chair. Tavin gave her a weird look.

"I don't know, heifer, that's why I asked you. I don't do this, Shelly. I don't know how to do this," Tavin said quietly.

"I know that this is unchartered territory for you, but relax. You'll be fine. You feel it...then, you do it. You'll be okay. Have you told him about you and Delia?" Nichelle asked. Tavin stiffened.

"No," Tavin said.

"Tavin, I know he's asked you about Delia," Nichelle stated.

"Yes, and I told him that we are not close and we don't have have a relationship. That's it," Tavin said. Nichelle sighed and reached across the table and held her hand.

"Tavy, look at me. If Cameron cares about you as much as I think he does, he's going to want to know everything about you, the good and the bad. You say you love him. He loves you. You say you trust him, right?" Nichelle asked.

"Yes, I do. He makes me feel safe...needed...wanted...things I haven't felt with anyone. He gets me and not a lot of men get me. I do trust him. I never thought I would be able to do that," Tavin admitted softly. Nichelle smiled at her. Nichelle was so happy to hear Tavin actually speak those words. It was a long time coming.

"Then tell him...everything," Nichelle said.

"But I'm scared, Shelly. What if he doesn't understand, what if this causes him to reconsider being with me?" Tavin asked.

"Scared is not in our vocabulary, missy. If you want to move on with your life and if you want Cameron to be a part of it...," Nichelle began.

"I do, Shelly. I'm happy for the first time in a long time and it's all due to a pain in the ass...who happens to have a fine ass," Tavin said as she and Nichelle laughed.

"I'm not going to front, he does. Have you been thinking about...," Nichelle asked.

"Yes!! All the time, and that is totally unlike me," Tavin said.

"That's why you have to tell him, Tavin. Do you want to?" Nichelle asked.

"Oh, hell yes!" Tavin said breathlessly as Nichelle laughed and the slapped hands.

"Then, tell him. I wouldn't steer you wrong, girl. Just remember, I'm here if you need me. Take the risk. Isn't he worth it? Isn't your happiness worth it?" Nichelle asked.

"Yeah, he is...it is. What would I do without you, Shelly?" Tavin asked.

"End up an old maid with a gang of fabulous shoes and nowhere to rock them," Nichelle replied as they laughed.

"I love you, Shelly," Tavin replied, gripping her hand.

"I love you, too, Tavy," Nichelle replied, returning her grip with a smile.