Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter involves sexual violence and strong language!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 2

A few weeks later, Tavin entered a huge office building on Wall Street. She could not believe she was doing this, but as she stepped off the elevator on Cameron Caldwell's floor, she took deep breaths. Nichelle had asked her to discuss the surprise honeymoon that Cameron insisted on giving them as his gift and the groomsmen tuxedo details. She was a little ticked off at Nichelle's request, but she decided what didn't kill her would only make her stronger. Besides, she had been through far worse in her life. Nichelle really owed her, big time. The wedding was a few days away and Tavin wanted her friend to have the most fabulous wedding ever. Tavin walked to the main receptionist's desk and gave her name. Tavin took a seat and straightened the collar of her short sleeved white silk blouse and placed her handbag over her arm. The receptionist told her to walk down the hall, and Melissa, Cameron's secretary, would buzz her in. Tavin smiled and said thank you and walked down the corridor to Cameron's secretary.

"You can go right in, Ms. Wilson," Melissa stated as Tavin walked to the door. She took two more deep breaths and began to whisper a prayer.

"Lord, please, let me go through this with no bloodshed. I don't want to go to jail, so please help me. Keep him under wraps. Besides, I just got my nails done yesterday. I don't want to ruin my manicure," Tavin whispered in front of the door. She opened the door and saw Cameron Caldwell standing at his window, talking into a headset. He turned around and gave her that beautiful smile that could make a blind woman see and ushered her to sit down.

Cameron Caldwell really did rub her the wrong way most of the time, but Lord have mercy, he was fine. He looked extremely sexy in a pale yellow shirt, a yellow, cream, orange and navy block print silk tie, paired with a navy blue suit. His hair was lot shorter than usual, cut into a sexy buzz cut. All the guys--Trey, Nicholas and Donovan--were all very easy on the eyes, but Cameron Caldwell just oozed sex appeal from every pore. She hated to admit it, but the boy was all that--he was also a huge pain in the ass.

Tavin walked to one of the brown leather chairs in front of his desk to sit down, and Cameron walked over, pulled her chair out and pushed it back in. Tavin looked at him strangely as he smiled, still discussing business over the phone...in Italian. The man spoke fluent Italian? Lord, have mercy, Tavin thought. There was nothing sexier than a man who could speak a foreign language. Girl, get a grip. This is the same man that makes your teeth ache. Tavin sat straight up in the chair, crossed her legs at the ankles, and crossed her hands in her lap, awaiting the end of Cameron's phone call.

Tavin was always wound tighter than dental floss, Cameron thought as he looked at her sitting in front of his desk. Cameron could not believe it when Melissa, his secretary, informed him that Tavin was waiting to see him. He was in the middle of an overseas call that he couldn't break just yet, and as he spoke, he looked at her from the corner of his eye. She cut her hair and it flattered her tremendously, better than the straight, shoulder length style that was her signature for the past 8 years. Her new haircut was very sexy, he thought.

She was also very attractive. Tavin Wilson was the type of woman that did not have the slightest idea of her appeal to the male species. She had a great body, but she rarely showed it. Like today, she had on a plain white silk blouse, a tan knee length, pleated skirt and tan high heels. She always wore drabby colors, nothing bright or cheery. Cameron thought about what Nicholas told him last week and decided to approach Tavin as an adult, but he had to admit, he loved to see her get all riled up and angry. It was pretty sexy when she was pissed at him and he had a ball making her mad. Cameron ended his call, took off the headset, and pressed his intercom.

"Melissa, hold all my calls. Thanks," Cameron replied as he walked to the edge of his desk, sat down, and smiled at Tavin.

"Well, hello, Ms. Wilson. How are you and what brings you to my neck of the woods?" Cameron asked in that sinfully sexy voice of his. What a waste, Tavin thought, taking in his broad shoulders, beautiful eyes and his sexy smile. His cologne wafted to her and she hated to admit it, but that was sexy too. Tavin replied.

"Hello, Cameron. I'm fine. Nice office."

"Thanks. Would you like something to drink?" Cameron asked.

"No, thank you. I wanted to discuss some of the last minute details, the honeymoon and the tuxedos with you, if you have a minute?" Tavin asked.

Cameron continued to give her that smile that made women drool. "Tell you what. Why don't we talk about this over a nice plate of shrimp and linguine at Pascale's, on me?"

Tavin tensed and shook her head no. "That's not necessary, Cameron this will only take about 15 minutes."

"Come on, Tavin. I'm starving and it's lunchtime. Have you eaten?" Cameron asked.

"No," she replied.

"Okay then. Let's go grab a bite to eat and we can discuss everything at lunch, aiight," Cameron stated in that New York accent.

Tavin was hungry and if moneybags wanted to feed her, she was not going to turn it down.

"Sure, why not?" Tavin said and stood up. Cameron smiled at her.

"Cool," he replied walking to the intercom on his desk and buzzing Melissa.

"Mel, I'm going to lunch. Don't forward anything, just take messages. Thanks," he replied, grabbing his suit jacket from the back of his desk. He walked over to her and looked down into her face and opened the door.

"After you," he said with a flourish of his right arm as she walked out of the door, allowing him a glance at her from the back. It was still pretty good, he thought, taking in her small waist, full hips and her lovely ass. The woman was fine, he thought. Tavin had one of the sexiest walks he had ever seen. A woman's walk was one of the first things he noticed. Tavin's walk was mean, but the only problem was it belonged to a woman who was queen bitch. Cameron shook his head as they walked into the elevator.
*********************************************************

Tavin sat at the table across from Cameron after they ordered their lunch. Tavin took out a piece of paper from her purse and began to speak. Cameron wanted to laugh, but he thought it was classic Tavin: organized and controlled. It was kind of cute. Wait, what the hell was he thinking?

"I know you're busy and I won't take up much of your time. I have to head back to work, as well. I just have a few things--the honeymoon? Is everything complete? Do you have the plane tickets and their accodomations, are they squared away?" Tavin asked.

"Yes," he replied and gave her the details. Tavin took quick notes and smiled.

"Good. And last, but not least, the tuxedos. Have all the groomsmen been to their final fitting?" Tavin asked, looking up at him and crossing her legs at the ankles tighter. Damn, she thought. He was an asshole, but he was a hot asshole. He gave her a slow, sexy grin and looked at her paper, touching her fingers. Tavin felt a shock from the touch and felt the goosebumps form on her arms. Cameron didn't want to let her see just how she affected him from just a simple touch, so he appeared cool and unaffected.

"Yes, they were all fitted yesterday. You are always so organized, Tavin," he replied, looking into her dark brown eyes.

"It's a habit. I like to be prepared," she said as their lunch arrived. Tavin had grilled salmon and fettucine and Cameron had the shrimp and linguine. They thanked the waiter and began to eat. They ate in comfortable silence for five minutes before Tavin asked him a question.

"So, where are you sending them?" Tavin asked. Cameron grinned at her.

"If I tell you, what are you going to give me?" he asked.

"Oh, to hell with that. If I got to give you something to find that out, hell, I'll just wait until the wedding and find out from Nichelle," Tavin replied as Cameron laughed. There was another silence as they ate and Cameron spoke.

"By the way, I like your hair. It's cute and, it suits you. You can see more of your face," said Cameron, as he looked at her, thinking of how cute she was. Where the hell did that come from, he asked himself?

"Thank you," Tavin replied, taking a bite of salmon, glancing at him strangely.

One thing he liked about Tavin, she wasn't afraid to eat. He hated women who always talked about calories and carbs. He liked a woman that was in shape, because he worked out, but he loved food. He liked a woman with some meat on her bones and Tavin definitely had that. She wasn't fat, and she had curves in all the right places. Wait a minute, he thought--this chic hated him. Cameron put all thoughts of her sexy curves out of his mind and began to speak again.

"You're welcome. Why did you cut your hair?" Cameron asked.

"Well, it was hot and I needed a change. Don't tell me, wait let me guess--you're one of those guys who loves long hair and feels that a woman is not a woman unless she has hair flowing down her back, right?" Tavin assumed defensively.

"Whoa, hold up. I wasn't saying that and I'm not like that, so stop making assumptions. I like all women with all types of hair. Hair is not a big issue to me, just as long as she has some. I don't want to date a chic with my haircut, so chill girl," he replied. Then he smiled at her, snapping his fingers.

"What?" Tavin asked.

"Wait, now I know. You must have a new man, and he talked you into cutting your hair. I mean, you're so..predictable. You cutting your hair on a whim is not the Tavin that I know. Damn, I didn't know you took directives from a man, but tell him good lookin' out, because it's sexy," Cameron replied, winking at her.

"It was my idea and that just shows me how much you know about me, which is zero. I don't take directives from any man and I don't do anything to please a man," Tavin said, trying to keep her cool, and ignoring the fact that he just winked at her, and she found it sexy. Chill girl, she said to herself.

Cameron couldn't help himself. He did what he usually did--bug the shit out of her.

"You not pleasing a man--well, that doesn't surprise me in the least, sweetheart," he replied. Tavin balled up her fists and rolled her eyes at Cameron.

"Oooh, I knew it wouldn't be long. I was waiting for Casshole to show up and, poof, here he is. Look, you don't know anything about me, and don't assume to know," Tavin said, staring daggers at him. Cameron smiled at her, staring into her eyes.

"Oh really? Well, I recall an incident, in the hospital, about 5 years ago, that let me find out a whole lot about you and your sexy little lips and that spot, right beneath your right ear-- when the tip of a tongue touches it, it makes you moan--you really like that," he whispered with a knowing smirk on his face. Tavin's eyes narrowed to slits. Her hand was on the table and he ran his thumb along it. Tavin didn't instantly pull her hand away, as she stared at his thumb, moving in circles along her hand. Damn, that felt good she thought--huh?

"You must be confusin' me with someone else, like one of your little ho's who have names like the Seven Dwarfs--Skanky, Sleazy, Slimy, Slutty, Tacky, Dummy, Trampy," she replied, staring in his eyes. Cameron laughed.

"You are a funny chic, Tavin. No, it was you, and stop tryin' to front like you don't remember that, because I know you do," Cameron replied giving her a devilish grin. Tavin finally jumped and pulled her hand away from Cameron's ministrations.

"Put your hands on me again and you are going to be drawing back a nub," Tavin stated.

"Oooh, I'm scared. But, be honest with yourself, Tavin. That's what you want me to do--put my hands on you. I wouldn't mind, not one bit," Cameron replied giving her a slow once over. Tavin, bit her bottom lip, ignoring the fact that she liked the way he looked at her.

"You've got as much of a chance as a black man does gettin' a cab in New York--not a chance in hell. As for what happened years ago, I was a little out of it. Besides, it wasn't all that," Tavin said, letting the lie easily leave her tongue. Cameron laughed as he continued to stare directly into her eyes. He loved to get her all riled up. She looked so cute and sexy. He couldn't help himself--he had to do it.

"Still in denial, huh? Well, I remember the way you moaned my name, Tavin. I remember the way you kissed me. You knew exactly what you were doing. If I wouldn't have stopped, you know what would have happened," Cameron replied, moving closer to her. Tavin moved closer to him. They were face to face and the one thing that he wanted was to pull that sexy little bottom lip into his mouth and suck it. I gotta get a grip, he thought to himself.

"Coulda, shoulda, woulda, but didn't and ain't never, eva' gonna. Besides, I don't remember you stoppin', I remember pulling away from your slick ass," stated Tavin in a heated voice. I can't stand his ass, but damn it , he was cute, she thought.

"It was the highlight of your life, sweetheart and you know it. You want me, you always have. Maybe if you play nice, I'll make you forget that you hate me, by makin' you scream my name...again and again, and again," Cameron replied in a low voice, with a devilish grin.

"You are so full of yourself. As for making me scream, your name, it'll never happen--neva'. The only time I might scream your name is out of disgust when I have to lay eyes on your sorry ass. Besides, you wouldn't be able to handle me," Tavin said, speaking bravely. Cameron licked his lips slowly.

"I'm sure I could handle every luscious brown inch of you, sweetheart. I'd take you on the ride of your life, if you would just stop frontin' about not wantin' yours truly," he replied.

"You are so infuriating--and don't call me sweetheart. You think that every woman wants you," Tavin replied, letting out an angry breath. Cameron continued to grin.

"Not every woman, just you. Admit it, Tavin, you've got it bad for me and I can't blame you, I mean, look at me," Cameron stated, waiting for her next reply.

"Oh, sure, I got it bad for you--like gingivitis, like menstrual cramps, like a bad perm. Oh, and I am looking at you, you conceited shithead. You ain't all that, Cameron Caldwell. I have nothin' but distaste for you. I've always seen through your ass and I've never wanted you in that way. You make me sick," Tavin replied. Cameron chuckled low in his throat as he looked her over slowly again. Tavin cocked her head back and crossed her arms. Yeah, she was really pissed, he thought and he loved it.

"Admit it, you don't have distaste for me--you want me to taste you, which I would if you let me. You look up denial in the dictionary and your face is right next to it. But, it's okay. I understand. I would be intimidated by all this fineness too. Look, why don't you just admit that you have the fever for the flava and play nice. I would make it worth your while. As for makin' you sick, I could show you how I could cure you if you come with me to my penthouse. It'll loosen you up. You definitely need it. So, let me do you this favor--let me tighten you up, so you can loosen up. I won't tell if you won't," Cameron replied in that sexy, low voice, with agrin on his face. Tavin stood up and grabbed her handbag.

"Oh my God. When I didn't think you could do it again, you found another way to repulse me. I think I want to take this butterknife and stab you in the chest, or better yet, stab myself and take me out of the misery that is Cameron Caldwell. But, I'm a lady, so I will refrain from any bloodshed this afternoon. I have just a few words for you--IN YOUR DREAMS, BUDDY!! You will never, eva', get any of this. You ain't got a whiff in eight years, you ain't gettin' a sniff now. Comprende?" Taving asked.

"You really don't know what you're missin' baby," Cameron replied in that sexy voice. The way he called her baby sent chills down her spine. What the hell, she thought?

"Probably this much, and I'm not your baby," she answered, holding up her right hand, spreading her thumb and pointer finger to three inches. Cameron gave another low chuckle.

"Oh, but you want to be, you just haven't realized it yet. You really are somethin' else. But you can't get to me by attacking my manhood, because I'm probably too much for you to handle and I haven't had nothin' but satisfied customers. Trust me, sweetheart, you are way off with the measurement," Cameron stated.

Tavin closed her eyes, and balled her hands into tight fists. "Look, I'm not...ooh, I knew this was a mistake. Look, let's play nice and get through this, for Donovan and Shelley's sake. You keep your comments and your hands to yourself and I won't stab you with the heel of my shoe. Good day, Cameron," she replied, walking away, leaving a laughing Cameron.

"I just love the chats that we have, Tavin. See you later sweetheart," he said as she walked away.

"Kiss my black ass, you dick," she yelled, storming out of the restaurant, as the rest of the diners stared.

"Anytime you're ready for me to kiss your little fine ass, I will," Cameron answered, getting in the last word. Cameron laughed as he watched Tavin run to the nearest cab.

"Damn, that was fun," and he placed a few bills on the table. He looked at the diners and shrugged his shoulders.

"Sorry about the disturbance--she was PMSing--just a little lovers quarrel. Enjoy the rest of your lunch," as he walked out of the restaurant. He didn't know what made him bring up that night, but he never forgot it.

Tavin climbed into the cab and gave the driver directions back to her office as she sat back and looked out of the window. Why did she let him get to her and why did he bring up that ancient kiss? She would never let him know it, but that was the best kiss she ever had--hell, it was one of the few she ever received. She didn't like him, but she would never forget what he did for her.

*********************************************************

End of Spring Semester, 5 years ago.

The crew was all in attendance at Nicholas' frat party. The guys had already graduated, but Nicholas was invited because it was an alumni party. Tavin was at the party, but she lost Nichelle and the girls, who were doing their own thing in various parts of the huge house. Tavin felt someone staring at her, but she didn't know who it was and she couldn't see them. She finally locked eyes with Cameron, as he smiled and held up his drink to her. She waved and as she turned, Foster McGinnis, a cool guy from her Econ 300 class approached her, asking her to dance. She knew Foster and agreed to dance. Cameron stared at the pair dancing, not feeling too good about the guy. He was really slick, as he watched Tavin dance with him--in his gut, he felt that something wasn't right about the guy. He walked to the restroom, and decided to keep his eye on him. When he returned, Tavin was gone. His gut told him something wasn't right and he excused himself from the cute, red headed girl that he flirted with and walked around the party, looking for Tavin.

Cameron couldn't find her outside or on the first floor, so he walked up the stairs. He walked slowly, opening each door, but they were locked. Still no Tavin.

"Finally, I got you all to myself. Pretty little Tavin Wilson, thinks her shit don't stink. You think your black ass is better than everyone else. I've been watching you for a long time and finally, I got the opportunity to get you. I've never had a black girl before, so this is gonna be fun. Let's see if black girls are as wild in bed as they say," Foster replied with a low chuckle. Cameron heard what he said and tried to open the door. Cameron's jaw clenched and his blood began to boil. The guy had on music and couldn't hear.

"Tavin, Tavin," Cameron yelled as he tried to open the door.

Tavin fought and kicked, but he was so much stronger. "Get your ass off me, now, you bastard, before I give you the inability to have children..ever."

"Ooh, feisty, I like that. This is going to be good. You want it, don't fight me baby. In a little while, you won't be able to fight it," the guy replied with a laugh, pinning her down.

"Get off me, shithead. Don't do this--wait, what did you do to me? You slipped me something? Oh, no stop, don't do this, please somebody help me," Tavin yelled, but was getting weaker by the minute. He ripped her shirt and began to take off her shorts.

"I'm coming, Tavin," Cameron said as he heard her, his heart breaking and he kicked the door once then twice.

"In a few minutes, I'll be getting off and you won't be able to stop me, Ms. High and Mighty," Foster replied. Cameron kicked in the door and Tavin and Foster's head turned.

"Please, help me!" she screamed weakly.

"Who the fuck are you, man? Get out!!" Foster yelled. Cameron came over to him and pulled him off of Tavin by his neck.

"Alright, loverboy, party's over," Cameron replied, throwing the guy against the wall. Tavin pulled her shorts up and covered her chest with her arms. The sight of her like that made Cameron mad enough to kill the bastard.

"Who the hell are you man? I'm trying to score, man. This doesn't have anything to do with you. This is between me and my lady. What, do you want a go? She is pretty hot. Look, I'll go first, because I don't like sloppy seconds," Foster replied with a laugh as Cameron clenched his jaw tighter and slammed the guy's head into the wall, squeezing his neck.

"This girl is not your lady, and she happens to be a friend of mine. A woman yelling stop and no doesn't sound like she wants you. One thing I hate, and that' a guy who tries to take advantage of a woman. You can't get a woman without drugging them, huh, you sad sack of shit? Well, this is what's gonna happen, you piece of shit. I'm going to beat the living shit out of you until you learn your lesson," Cameron replied, punching Foster in the face with a right hook. Foster tried to fight back, but Cameron ducked and punched him in the stomach. Foster doubled over in pain, and Cameron punched him again, hearing a cracking sound, probably the guys nose. Foster fell to the floor yelling, "Fuck, you broke my nose!"

Cameron leaned down and hit him again, "Aw, poor baby. That's probably not the only thing that's going to be broke, you perverted shithead," and Cameron hit him in the face again, pulled him by the collar and made him look at Tavin, who was lying down, trying to stay awake.

"Do you see that girl? Look at her!! Stay the fuck away from her! If I find out that you even blinked at her, I'll come back and finish the job, do we understand each other, you punk bitch?" Cameron yelled, kicking him in the stomach, listening to the guy wail in pain. Other people began to look from the hallway and he said, "Call an ambulance and the police. This bastard drugged her and tried to rape her." A girl pulled out her cell phone and dialed. Foster finally passed out.

Cameron walked over to the bed and pulled off his outer shirt. Tavin was crying and barely concious. He pulled her up and put his shirt on her. Cameron pulled her to him, and she whimpered,"Please, leave me alone." Cameron hugged her and kissed her on the top of the head.

"It's okay, Tavin. He's gone, you're safe, it's over," Cameron replied. Her eyes were low as she looked at him.

"Cameron, is that you?" she asked in a low whisper.

"Yeah, sweetheart, it's me. Tavin, the police are coming. We're going to have to get you to the hospital," he replied, rubbing her back.

"He was gonna...", Tavin replied, her head nodding, her eyes getting lower.

"Don't think about that, alright. He's not going to come near you again," he whispered.

"Don't leave me, please," Tavin pleaded and it tugged at his heart. He held her in his arms.

"I'm not going to leave you, baby. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere," he replied as she passed out. He held her until the ambulance came and the police. He pulled out his cellphone and called everyone. By the time he realized it, they were on their way to the hospital and the police were arresting Foster.

Tavin was in the hospital for two days. Cameron walked as Tavin was laughing at something Nichelle said. She was awake and alright. Nichelle walked out, closing the door and Cameron sat next to her on the bed.

"Hey, Cameron," she said with a smile.

"Hey, Tavin. How are you feeling?" he asked, moving closer to her.

"Better, not as loopy as I was yesterday. I can't wait to go home. So, you are some kind of hero, huh," she said knowingly. Cameron smiled, his dimples showing.

"I'm not a hero, Tavin. I did what I had to do. I didn't want that guy to hurt you, that's all," he replied humbly. Tavin smiled. They just stared at each other in silence and then Tavin began to speak.

"How is your hand?" Tavin asked.

Cameron held up his right hand that had a couple of bandages on the knuckles.

"It's fine. Thanks for asking," he replied. Once more, silence filled the room.

"Well, thank you...for everything," she replied. Cameron stared into her eyes.

"Anytime. I don't want you to ever accept a drink from a strange guy again. Be careful, alright. Besides, if something happened to you, we wouldn't be able to fight and I really like those arguments. They're fun," Cameron replied with a smile as Tavin laughed.

"Yeah, I almost forgot how much we don't get along. Can't have that, now can we?" Tavin asked in a low voice. Cameron caressed her left cheek with the back of his right hand.

"Naw, we can't," Cameron whispered as they stared into each other's eyes. Tavin stared into those beautiful, light green eyes that looked warmly into hers. Cameron's hand slowly descended to her chin, caressing it, never breaking eye contact as he lifted it with a finger and placed a soft kiss on her lips. He felt tingles, go down his spine, and so did Tavin. Tavin closed her eyes. After the soft, slow kiss, Cameron pulled away and stared at Tavin's face until she opened her eyes. He hadn't expected to be affected by a single kiss, but he was. He couldn't help himself--he had to kiss her again. He leaned over again, looking for her to stop him, but she didn't. He leaned over again slowly, capturing her lips with his. Cameron's hands slid to her face, holding it as he slowly tasted her lips. Tavin put her arms around his neck and he moved closer. His right hand went to the back of her head and he held her by the waist with his left arm. Cameron ran his tongue over the seam of her lips and Tavin opened her mouth. He slid his tongue into her mouth to dance with her tongue and Cameron let out a deep moan. The kiss became more passionate. Tavin moaned as well, her hands in his hair. Cameron whispered to her as he kissed her.

"I've been wanting to kiss you for a long time. You have the sweetest lips, Tavin," and he continued to kiss her passionately. He laid on top of her in the bed and Tavin pulled him closer. Tavin's head was spinning at his admission. She was kissing Cameron Caldwell--this was a dream that she didn't want to be awakened from. Cameron was thinking the same thing.

"Tavin, pretty little Tavin," he whispered as his lips, traveled from her lips, to her jawline, to her neck. Tavin threw her head back to give him better access to her neck. Cameron placed soft kisses on her neck, going to a spot behind her right ear. He licked it and she moaned. Cameron smiled against her neck and licked the spot again, eliciting another moan from Tavin.

"Who knew hospital beds were great make out spots," he whispered, placing tiny kisses along her silky neck. Tavin smiled.

"Cameron, umm," she moaned in a whisper. Cameron smiled at her and kissed her on the lips again. Cameron's hands began to caress her sides and as he slid the hospital gown up, she froze. She stopped kissing him and touching him. Cameron looked into her eyes and they were closed shut. Nichelle and Donovan burst in and Cameron jumped up. Nichelle and Donovan looked at them knowingly.

"I'm gonna go, Tavin. I'll see you around," he replied as she shook her head at him, her lips in a tight line. He walked past his friends and left.

Present Day

Tavin was pretty pissed off because after that kiss, she didn't see him for about 6 months and they began the feud again. He never tried to kiss her again. Why? These were the thoughts that raced through Tavin's mind. Then again, she froze, so nothing would have continued anyway. Still, she thought that maybe that kiss was the beginning of something, but it wasn't. Cameron turned back into his old, aggravating self. He must have realized it was a mistake or she wasn't his type, she thought to herself. Oh, well, to hell with him, Tavin said to herself, looking out of the window of the cab.

Cameron was in his office with thoughts of his own concerning that kiss. Why did she freeze like that? She was probably still in shock over the attack. He didn't mean to kiss her, but she looked so sweet and utterly adorable, he just had to kiss her. He was on fire after that kiss. He never felt that way from any other kiss. He smiled to himself. That was one of the most enjoyable lunches that he had in a while. He had all weekend to push her buttons...and maybe, kiss her again.