Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 10

The next day...

“Are you certain that it’s the girls that we are looking for?” Chapman asked the voice over the phone.

“Of course I am. They’ll be traveling in two days along the Samstone Corridor. They’re leaving the compound at midnight. I don’t know where their destination is, but I know that they’ll be driving along that long stretch of road for some time. That would be a good time to capture the women, if you can,” the voice replied.

Chapman smiled as the wheels in his head began to spin. “You really have come through for me this time. Thanks. The money is being sent to your account right now.”

The voice of Chapman’s informant smiled. “No problem. Always good to do business with you. Good luck. Oh and one more thing?”

“Yes?” Chapman asked.

“Make them suffer…slowly, if you can,” the informant replied.

Chapman smiled into the phone and slowly said, “It’s what I do. Goodbye.”Chapman heard the click of the phone and hung up the phone receiver in his hand. He decided he wouldn’t tell Coleman until he assembled the best team that he could to retrieve the two women.

Things were beginning to look up for them after all, he thought as his mouth stretched into a wide grin.

*************************************************************************

Kieran had just finished sparring with Evan Molleno, a fifteen year old Diagrave Shiyan Knight that he has been training since he was 8 years old in one of the practice rooms in the compound.

“You’re getting better and better, Evan. Just remember to keep your guard up high on your right, okay and never hesitate, not even for a minute, when you are engaged in combat with your sword. You got it?” Kieran asked as Evan nodded.

“Yes, Kieran. Be safe and good luck on your mission,” Evan replied as the younger man shook Kieran’s hand.

“I will and thank you, Evan. Tell your brother hello for me when you speak to him again,” Kieran replied.

Evan smiled. “I will. Later, Kieran.”

Kieran watched Evan walk out of the room, remembering when he was that age. All he wanted to do was be a dutiful Shiyan Knight and couldn’t wait to be sent on a mission, to help people, to help keep peace throughout the world.

Now all he wanted was for this mission to be completed so that he could be with Emory without the threat of death over her head and love her the way that he wanted to, the way that she deserved to be loved. He hated the fact that he had to pursue her under the present circumstances, but it couldn’t be helped.

Emory and their last encounter, which was right before she went to bed last night was now the focus of his attention. No one was in the room and he could think about her without the threat of someone reading his thoughts. Her silky, dark brown skin, her lips, her scent and her taste were forged in his memory as he thought of the next few days away from the compound. He could feel someone entering the room and he immediately blocked his thoughts as he watched Sienna walk in.

“Hi, I was told that you were here. Can we talk?” Sienna asked as she walked towards the gorgeous, tall, dark haired Shiyan Knight.

“Sure. Is it about where we’re going because I’m sure Reese has informed you that we can’t tell you. It’s for your own safety,” Kieran replied as Sienna sighed.

“I know about that, but that’s not what this is about. I’m here to talk to you about Emory,” Sienna replied as she watched Kieran cross his tan, strong, muscular bare arms across his chest.

“Sienna, if this is to warn me about hurting her, you needn’t bother. I couldn’t hurt her if I wanted to. I love her,” Kieran stated softly but surely as Sienna looked him in the eye.

“Really? Kieran, Em’s been through so much and I don’t want a fling with you to add to more of that. Besides, your council will not allow you to be with Emory and your duty is always above all else, according to your laws,” Sienna stated as Kieran’s blue eyes bore into Sienna’s brown ones, with the intent of intimidation. However, the tactic didn’t work. Any other woman would have backed down, but Kieran knew in that instant that Sienna was very strong and not a woman that he wanted to tangle with. He gained a multitude of respect for Sienna from that single moment.

“Well, I’ve given this a lot of thought and whether the council allows me to be with Emory or not, laws be damned, we will be together. I can’t lose her because of something that’s so trivial…I won’t lose her. Sienna, the only thing that I want is for her to be safe and happy. The safety is something that I am definitely working on at this very moment, but the happiness is something that I want her to have for a very long time. I won’t let anything, not even my laws dictate otherwise,” Kieran replied so soundly and sincerely that Sienna smiled inside. She couldn’t show him that, so she kept her stoic stance and continued to speak.

“So you’re willing to give up your succession and be shunned from your people for Emory?” Sienna asked.

“Yes. I would give my life for her. That’s how much she means to me,” Kieran said softly and in that moment Sienna knew that he really loved her friend.

“Very well. I give you my blessings, but if you hurt her, I will hurt you. Do we have an understanding?” Sienna asked as Kieran nodded his head at her.

“I understand,” Kieran replied. He sensed that Sienna wanted something else, but she had become a master blocker and he couldn’t read her thoughts.

“Sienna…is there something else on your mind?” Kieran asked.

“Kieran, I believe that you truly love Emory and I say this because I feel, no I know that you will protect her. If anything happens to me, will you make sure that Emory is safe…that she continues with her training…that she’s protected and taken care of?” Sienna asked as Kieran looked at her.

“Sienna…,”

“As you know, Em has no other family. She only has her father and myself. She’s my charge, Kieran…my responsibility. Not only that, but she’s my best friend, whom I love with all of my heart. She’s the sister I never had and I want to know that if I’m not here and you know things happen all the time, you will do what you can to keep her from harm. Can you give me your word on that?” Sienna asked.

Kieran nodded in agreement as he said, “Yes. I will take care of her and protect her…on my life, you have my word.” Kieran put his right hand out to shake Sienna’s.

Sienna smiled at him and shook his offered hand, then said, “Good. Thank you.”

“I love her. It’s what I’m supposed to do,” Kieran replied as Sienna nodded and smiled once more as they heard the door opening. It was Reese and he wasn’t smiling, which was unusual. He closed the door to make sure know one else followed behind him.

“Hey babe,” Reese replied to Sienna as he leaned down and gave her a small kiss on the lips, then he looked at Kieran.

“Hey,” she replied. Kieran read Reese’s thoughts and cursed silently to himself.

“Hey, Reese…when?” Kieran asked as Reese’s hand went to the small of Sienna’s back.

“Right now. They sent me to get you. They’re in the council chamber. Your mother is there, Dr. Nichols, your father, the council. And they’re not pleased…at all,” Reese replied as Kieran ran a hand over his face.

“How did they find out?” Kieran asked.

“From your ex betrothed Tisa…who else,” Reese replied.

“Of course. Maybe I wasn’t so careful in blocking my thoughts. That’s the only thing that I can think of. No matter. I’m well prepared with my arguments and if they don’t approve, then I’m prepared for exile,” Kieran stated confidently.

“Well, you know if you go, I go. Are you sure about this?” Reese asked, running his hand in small circles along the small of Sienna’s back.

“You know me, Reese. Once my mind is made up, there’s no turning back or changing,” Kieran replied.

“Yeah, I know,” Reese replied.

“Are Robert and Emilio still guarding Emory?” Kieran asked.

“Yes. They’ve been alerted in regards to Tisa. Plus, they were two of your favorite students years ago. They’re not going to let Tisa anywhere near Emory,” Reese replied.

“Good. Make sure that they’re doing what they’re supposed to, Reese,” Kieran said as he began to walk to the door.

“I’m on it. Good luck, dude,” Reese replied as Kieran walked out of the room.

“Yeah, thanks,” he replied as he headed to the council chamber, to fight for his love, for his life…to fight for Emory.

************************************************************************

Kieran could feel the tension as soon as he approached the Council Chamber’s huge mahogany double doors. Kieran took a deep breath and opened the door, and looked around the room and saw a sea of faces washed in what he assumed was disappointment. Kieran walked to the middle of the room, standing tall and regal, with his arms behind his back.

“Sir, you wanted to see me?” Kieran asked.

“Kieran, this is an outrage! What have you done?!” Vincent Villegas asked of his eldest son.

“Father….” Kieran asked but was interrupted by Dr. Nichols

“Your job was to protect her, that’s all. Did you put your hands on my baby girl?” Dr. Nichols asked angrily.

“Dr. Nichols, I’ve done my job. That’s all. I haven’t done anything to Emory. The only thing that I did was care about your daughter. I have feelings for her and I’m not ashamed of that. Father, if you’d just calm down and let me explain…,” Kieran began.

“Calm down! You are my heir apparent and you know the laws! You must marry a full Shiyan in order to lead and that’s that! Tisa Lesarago was devastated when you told her you didn’t want to marry her and her parents are outraged! The Lesarago are loyal and law abiding Shiyan Knights and your words to your betrothed was a slap in the face! Not to mention, Matthew is one of my oldest friends. He trusted you with his daughter’s life based on my word and your word and you’ve compromised that! What do you have to say for yourself?” Vincent Villegas asked as the entire council and his mother looked upon him.

“The only thing I can say is that I’m not sorry for being honest with Tisa and I love Emory Nichols. Dr. Nichols, I would never do anything to disrespect your daughter. I love her, sir. I want to be with Emory, not Tisa and that’s final,” Kieran replied calmly.

“What is this really about, Kieran? You’ve never lied to me before and I hope you’re not lying to me now. Have you been inappropriate with your charge? His father asked.

“Did you do something to my daughter? Is she pregnant?” Dr. Nichols asked.

Kieran shook his head. “I have not done anything to disgrace her or myself, father. I would never do that to Emory. I have too much respect and love for her. So to answer your question, Dr. Nichols and father, no I have not been inappropriate with her and no she’s not pregnant. Are you satisfied?”

“Kieran, this is a very precarious situation that you’ve placed me in. You do realize that if you push this issue, you will be stripped of your title and exiled from the order,” Vincent Villegas stated.

“Yes, I know and if that’s what has to happen, so be it,” Kieran said, holding his head high, his tall frame erect.

“So you would give up your duty, your obligation to your people to be with Emory?” Vincent Villegas asked.

“Without question, yes. She has Shiyan blood, father. That should allow me the freedom to be with her, even marry her. I can still do my duty and be in love. Loving her would make what I do even more meaningful. All this love clouds judgment talk is nonsense to me. I know what I pledged and swore to do…to protect the innocent, keep the peace, and be a guardian to the world. Why can’t I be with the woman I love and keep that pledge? Father, some of the laws are so antiquated and outdated…,’ Kieran replied before his father interrupted him.

“The laws are what binds us to our duty! The laws are what differentiate us from others! You are a full blooded, Diagrave Shiyan Knight! You are required by law to marry a full-blooded Shiyan female, Kieran!” Vincent yelled at his son. Kieran, he noticed, kept his calm resolve. He had always been proud of his son, a strong, powerful, Shiyan he was. But Kieran could also be as stubborn as a mule and he knew he was to blame for that trait which Kieran was proudly displaying at the moment.

Kieran decided to pull out a few pieces of paper at that moment. “You keep saying that I have to marry a full blood to keep from being expelled from the order. According to my research from the archives, that’s not true.”

“What are you talking about?” His father asked.

“In 1742, Paulo Discernia, who happened to be a Diagrave Shiyan Knight married Leonora Billingsley, who was half Samurai and half Shiyan. He was not expelled from the order. Also, in 1898, Jacob Myers, a Lemberti Shiyan married Angela Francis, who was Shiyan and Lameira. He was not exiled and continued his service until he died,” Kieran replied as he handed the papers to his father from the archives. Vincent Villegas looked at the papers and saw their authenticity. He had not heard of either of these marriages, only hearing of the exiled Shiyans who married outside of the order.

Vincent read over the paperwork and sighed. He looked at his son and said, “Kieran the council and I have to discuss this further. You may leave.”

Kieran nodded to his father, then the council and left the chamber. He could feel the eyes of other Shiyan Knights on him, but he couldn’t read their thoughts. He didn’t need to. The look on their faces said enough.

Kieran took a deep breath as he saw Reese walk towards him.

“Did you give them the blast in the past stuff?” Reese asked.

“Why do you think I’ve been dismissed? They’re probably in their now making sure that it’s valid. By the way, thanks for helping with that,” Kieran replied.

“No problem. I take it you’re going to see Emory now,” Reese said with a knowing grin on his face.

“The cat’s out of the bag now and I haven't laid eyes on my woman all day, so I’ll see you later,” Kieran replied as he walked to Emory’s room.

*************************************************************************

Emory paced back and forth in her room. She didn’t mean for any of this to happen. She didn’t want to be the cause of Kieran’s troubles because of their feelings for one another and here she was the main reason. She bit her bottom lip and heard her door open. Kieran walked in and closed the door and made a beeline for her, stopping her pacing. He was so gorgeous, she thought as she took in the grey polo that he was wearing with black jeans.

“Hey. Are you okay? I was so worried about….,” but she was cut off by Kieran grabbing the back of her head with one hand and cradling her face with the other, planting a kiss that was so passionate on her lips that she forgot what she was saying. Emory moaned into his mouth as her tongue met his, licking the taste of him into her mouth.

Kieran groaned and pulled her closer to him, loving the way her soft curves felt against him. Her fingers were in the hair on his nape, pulling him closer to her. They kissed like that for a few minutes and then separated. Kieran’s forehead fell against hers as she closed her eyes, trying to catch her breath. Kieran stared at her beautiful face and tried to calm himself after the electrifying kiss.

“I guess you’re okay then,” Emory said as she looked up into his beautiful blue eyes.

Kieran smiled at her and placed a kiss on her lips. “I’m better than okay. I’m in love with the most beautiful girl in the world. I’m fuckin’ fantastic, actually.”

Emory grinned shyly as she stared up into his beautiful face. “I’m glad to hear that. I missed you today.”

Kieran kissed her once more on the lips as the back of his hand stroked her cheek. “I missed you too, sweetheart. You’ve been on my mind all day. How have you been today?”

“Busy. Training, training and more training. Between Sienna and your sister Marina, I don’t know how I’m still standing. Marina’s so powerful and she’s been nothing but kind to me. I wish I could say the same for others,” Emory said as her head dropped slightly as she enjoyed the feeling of his hand lovingly caressing her face.

“Well, Marina likes you and what’s been going on besides that, Em?” He asked, his brow furrowed with concern.

“The looks and the whispers about me being a half breed, that’s all,” Emory replied.

Kieran began to get angry. “Do you remember any of their names?”

“No because I didn’t feed into any of it. I’m not concerned with people who judge me before they know me. So I just smiled a greeting and walked on,” Emory stated as Kieran smiled.

“That’s my girl,” he whispered, still angry about Emory being shunned for something that she can’t control. He kissed the tip of her nose and watched her smile. His hand left her cheek and began to play with the loose dark brown strands that lay across her shoulders.

“I know that you were meeting with the council about me. How did it go?” Emory asked.

Kieran rubbed his nose lightly against hers and looked into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers. “As expected. Apparently I took advantage of the situation and everyone thinks the reason I want to be with you is because you’re pregnant.”

Emory laughed. “We’d have to have sex to do that, right? I mean, I’m no expert, but there has to be actual penetration and everything, right?”

“Yes. But, I set them straight and now they’re deliberating my fate like they’re the Supreme Court or something. This is ridiculous. But, being here with you right now makes up for all the stupid crap that’s going on right now. Damn,” he whispered as his hands caressed the small of her back, sending warm tingles up and down her spine.

“What?” she asked.

“Maybe we should have had made love,” Kieran replied with a mischievous grin as Emory’s head went back and she laughed. He took that opportunity to place light kisses along the soft skin of her neck.

“You said it was too dangerous,” she whispered, loving the way his lips felt against her neck. She felt herself being picked up and gently placed on the bed. Kieran came down gently on top of her and placed her legs on either side of his body, staring into her face.

“It is…here. But, maybe I can show you what it would be like without actually doing anything…even though I really want to…man, do I want to,” he said.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

Kieran kissed her lips, then kissed his way to her right ear, grinding his erection into her denim covered core. “Close your eyes.”

Emory closed her eyes and listened to him whisper, “I can do things normal men can’t do.”

“Like what?” she asked as her curiosity got the best of her.

“I can make you cum without touching you,” he whispered as his lips kissed her neck.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yes. Oh, and I can show you how things will be when we finally do make love…keep your eyes closed,” he replied.

Emory saw images of herself and Kieran doing very erotic things to her, his beautiful body as naked as the day he was born. “How are you doing that?”

Kieran smiled against her ear and sucked the lobe into his mouth, then whispered, “I can’t tell you all my secrets. Can you see what I’m doing to you, baby? “

“Yes,” Emory said as she saw his black haired head between her legs making her legs quiver and her back arch as she moaned his name, her hands gripping his head tightly. Her panties were filled with a rush of moisture.

“I wish I was doing that to you right now. Umm, I can smell your need, Emory. You smell so good. I know you’re going to taste even better,” he whispered and the next thing she knew she felt little warm caresses over her breasts, her legs, her womanly core. Kieran loomed over her, waving his fingers over her body, wanting to touch her everywhere he zoomed his energies to, but didn’t.

They both saw each other in their mind, clinging to each other his hips thrusting inside of her womanly warmth, her hips moving up to meet his, a cloud of gold light around them, moaning and gasping with pleasure. Kieran opened his eyes and saw Emory writhing and heard her soft moans of pleasure. He kept his energies focused on her mound and moved his hand to unbutton and unzip her jeans. He pulled them down her hips and off her legs and stared at her pink cotton covered mound and licked his lips. He wanted more than anything to taste her, to thrust his rock hard length inside of her, but he wouldn’t do that…at least not here. He moved his fingers and his energies moved outside of her panties, stroking her.

“Oh Kieran,” Emory whispered aloud as she felt Kieran’s lips kiss hers, then move down to her neck. It felt like his fingers were inside of her and on her, but when she opened her eyes, all she saw was his hands outside, using his powers on her womanhood. The next thing she knew, everything became warmer and the stroking and became more insistent.

“How does that feel, Emory,” he whispered.

“So good, Kieran…don’t stop, please,” she whispered, licking her lips and arching her back as another moan escaped her lips.

Kieran watched her move her hips with his powers and thought he would explode as he watched her hips thrust up, her panties drenching with wetness. He licked his lips and whispered in his ear, “Do you want to cum, baby?”

“Yes, please,” she whispered.

“Look at us in your mind, Emory. We’ll cum together…watch,” he whispered and closed his eyes. They both watched as he moved inside of her thrusting fast and deep, both moaning, enjoying the feel of each other and the next thing she knew, Emory was moaning loudly as she felt her pussy clench and quiver and a rush of warmth caress her entire body.

“Kieran,” she moaned loudly and he opened his eyes, watching her climax. She looked so open, so sexy, so beautiful. He wanted nothing more than to rip off her clothes and take her, but he knew he couldn’t do that here. He was a Diagrave Shiyan Knight. Patience was one of his strongest traits. He could wait. His time to enjoy her body would come soon enough. But he couldn’t say that it wasn’t killing him.

Emory felt like a surge of energy float through her body after her climax and watched with half-lidded, passion glazed eyes as Kieran moved his fingers and pulled her clothes back on. He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, his beautiful blue eyes staring into hers.

“I love you, Emory,” he replied as he pressed tiny kisses on her lips. Emory smiled as she kissed him back.

“I love you, too, Kieran. That was so incredible…and we didn’t do anything. I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle the real thing,” Emory whispered as she felt him move behind and wrap his arms around her waist. She was so tired all of a sudden. She moved into his embrace and yawned.

“You will. Don’t worry about that,” he said as he beckoned his erection to go down.

“But you didn’t get to…,” Emory began and he laughed, a low and husky chuckle as he kissed her neck lightly, his nose inhaling her soft scent.

“Don’t worry about me. I’m a big boy. I’ll collect later,” he said as she smiled, her smaller hands covering his larger ones which were clamped around her waist.

“Wait, aren’t you going to leave? I don’t want anyone to come in and…,” she began as those tiny kisses of his left warm tingles all over her neck.

“Baby, at this point, everyone in the compound knows about us, so who gives a shit. I’m not leaving you and that’s that. Close those beautiful brown eyes and get some rest. I can feel how tired you are,” he whispered as he continued to kiss her neck lightly.

Emory smiled and picked up one of his hands and kissed it. “I am sleepy. Are you sure you’re going to be here when I wake up?”

Kieran pulled her around and smiled at her. “I’m not going anywhere, baby. This is the only place I want to be, with you. Now get some rest.”

Emory smiled and snuggled back into his hard, warm body, allowing the sleep to fall over her. Kieran watched her sleep for a while as he ran his fingers through her hair. She was so beautiful and sweet and she loved him. Emory loved him and there was no way he was letting anything that the council or his father say stop him from being with her. He pulled her closer and began to let the trials of the day take him into a deep slumber.