Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 3

“To the left, to the left,” Sienna “See” Michaelson replied as she and Emory sat at the bar in Tilly’s, a hot night club in Atlanta.

“You really need to stop that, See. You can’t sing,” Emory replied as she sipped her Apple Martini.

“No, but I like the song. What’s up your butt, Em? I know you haven’t had it…ever…but damn! Pick one, girl. There are hundreds of gorgeous, hetero men here. Pick one and relax,” Sienna replied.

“I told you…that’s not me and even if it was, the guys that have been trying to pick me up are straight losers. I’m just here to dance and hang out with you…not find a man,” Emory replied.

“Well, you can’t keep scratchin’ your own itch, Em. It just ain’t natural. Oooh, that’s the jam. Come on Em, lets dance,” Sienna exclaimed as an uptempo dance song came on. Emory allowed Sienna, with her short skirt and see through blouse pull her on the dance floor. Emory also let Sienna talk her into wearing the short navy denim shorts and linen halter top that now adorned her body. Emory just wasn’t into letting the world see her goods…but Sienna proclaimed that it was all about self-advertising and self-promotion.

Emory was still kind of stunned at her father’s discovery. Reluctantly, she decided to have dinner with him a few days later and when he told her what he had done, she couldn’t help but be proud of him. Finding a cure for HIV/AIDS was an incredible medical breakthrough and he was over the moon. She was happy for him and that day, he acted like the father that she remembered as a very young girl.

Her father was an incredible doctor…a genius. He always searched for answers and his lust for finding cures interfered with his familial duties, mainly husband and father. Her father was never home once he began to get the funding he needed for his research. This all began to happen when Emory was about 7 or 8. Her mother was an ER doctor, but she always made time for Emory. When Nicollette Nichols died when Emory was 14, she thought that would have brought her closer to her father, but he seemed to withdraw more into his work than ever, leaving Emory to his sister or nannies. Thank God for Sienna, she thought as she looked at her crazy friend.

Then, her father remarried when she was 19 and although she was a nice woman, Emory never felt anything towards her. Then, two years ago, her father tried to elbow his way back into her life. Emory had been burned by his lack of attention for so many years that she basically just didn’t want to get closer to him. But the other day at dinner felt entirely different. Maybe he finally wanted to be the father that he was in her youth and maybe, just maybe she wanted him back.

*********************************************************
Meanwhile, two tall figures dressed in black were in the club, looking for two young women.

“Do you see them, Kieran?” Reese asked. They were more concerned with finding the two women now more than ever because of the way their apartment looked…someone was looking for them.

“Nope. Maybe they’re not here or they’re in the restroom,” Kieran replied looking around, ignoring all the looks that he and Reese were getting from many of the women. Then, Reese said, “Jackpot.” Kieran’s eyes followed Reese’s to the two beautiful young women dancing.

“Damn, they look better in person. Since you’ve already claimed Emory, I guess Sienna’s free and clear. Man, she’s hot,” Reese replied and Kieran hadn’t spoken. Kieran was a little hypnotized by Emory. She was so beautiful, he thought. He then remembered that he was on the clock and when he heard Reese, who was grinning state, “You can breathe now,” he sighed.

“Whatever, man. Look, just do your job. We’re going to go, tell her what’s going on briefly and leave…quickly,” Kieran stated as he concentrated.

Reese sighed. “You’re the boss.”

********************************************************

“Ooh la la,” Sienna exclaimed as she and Emory walked back to the bar. She took in the two tall gorgeous men standing near the wall.

“What?” Emory asked as she was standing next to Sienna.

“Girl, those two over there could definitely get it…umm, umm, umm. I see Blondie lookin’ at me like he wants it, but the dark haired one…he’s staring at you like he can see right through you. Do you know him?” Sienna asked concentrating on the two gorgeous strangers.

“No. I’ve never seen him before,” Emory stated as her eyes locked with his. She didn’t know why, but she felt like she knew him…from where, she didn’t know.

“Well, don’t look now, but they’re coming this way,” Sienna replied as the two men walked towards them.

“Emory Nichols and Sienna Michaelson?” The dark haired one asked in a scintallatingly deep voice.

Emory knew he was coming for her…to tell her something about her father…what, she didn’t know.

“Yes,” she stated.

“Who wants to know?” Sienna asked as she sized both of the men up. Reese smiled at the short woman with the shoulder length black hair and the brown skin with spunk and fire. He was sensing something from her, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. There was definitely more to her than met the eye.

“My name is Kieran Villegas and this is Reese Monteblanc. Your father, your friend and yourself are in grave danger and we were sent to get you,” Kieran stated as Sienna stared at them. Kieran tried to use his mind powers to make the women easily agree to leave, but it wasn’t working.

“What’s wrong with my dad? Is he alright?” Emory asked.

“For now, yes,” Reese stated.

“We really don’t have time to explain everything to you at this time. When we’ve secured the both of you in a safe location, you can speak with your father and learn more about the situation,” Kieran stated as he looked down into those eyes, drowning in them. He reprimanded himself and continued to concentrate.

Emory couldn’t look away from Kieran Villegas. She had never seen a man so beautiful. God really created a man that looked too good to be true. He had gorgeous, jet black hair, and those enticing blue eyes…something told her to trust him and she felt like she knew him. She didn’t know why, but she wanted to.

“Who are you with…CIA…FBI…the local police…what? I mean, we’re just supposed to go with you? I wanna see some ID,” Sienna stated.

“None of the above, but sometimes we work with them…and yes, you’re supposed to go with us. Your lives are in danger…,” Kieran said as Reese looked around. He felt the presence of danger lurking.

“Key, we don’t have time for this. We’ve got to move…now!” Reese stated and the next thing Emory knew, Sienna was pulling her to the ground as three men came at them, with guns in their hands. She didn’t see it, but she heard gunshots, then she heard bones breaking and screaming. A few minutes later, she and Sienna were being lifted up and quickly placed in the back of a truck that sped off.

Reese and Kieran looked at the women who looked back at them. Kieran didn’t want to answer any questions so he looked at Reese.

“Reese…you know what to do,” he replied as Reese stared at them, then waved a hand. It was easier to use their powers on the women due to their fear and their adrenaline…just made them more acceptable. The women were out like a light in a few seconds.

“Good work, Angelo,” Kieran stated as he took a deep breath to center himself. Reese did the same.

“No problem, Kieran. Off to the airport, right?” Angelo asked as he drove the truck.

“Yeah. Are we being tailed?” Kieran asked from the middle seat.

“No,” Angelo stated as he drove quickly to the airport.

“Good,” Kieran stated once he regained his composure.

“Did you pick up on who that was?” Reese asked.

“Branga soldiers and Midnight Brotherhood. Damn, if they’re involved…,” Kieran stated as Reese interrupted.

“This is worse than we thought,” Reese finished as he picked up his phone and contacted his father. “Yes, father…we have them. We’re on our way to the airport. I’ll call when we’re in the air. We will. Bye,” Reese stated as he closed his phone. Reese closely looked at the two women, Sienna in particular. Something about her…she was special. He didn’t know what it was, but he would figure it out…soon.

*********************************************************

Coleman Turner spoke into the phone to one of his men from the Midnight Brotherhood.

“Did you complete the mission?” Coleman asked, his British accent clipped and cold.

“No, sir. We were intercepted,” the man stated.

“By who?” Coleman asked.

“Bodyguards, maybe Millitant Clan…but…,” the man responded warily.

“But?” Coleman asked.

“We’re not positive but, we think they were Shiyan Knights, sir,” the man said as Coleman let out a long sigh. That’s the last thing they needed…Shiyan Knights. Shiyan Knights were the best warriors on the planet, besides Brotherhood and Samurai’s. Nichols must have some great connections if he could get protection from Shiyans for his daughter and her friend. No matter. He always got the job done and Shiyans or no, he would get Nichols, his daughter and her friend.

“Listen to me very carefully. I don’t care how long it takes, you find them…and when you do, you contact me immediately. And Lionel…no mistakes,” Coleman stated as he hung up the phone. Walter Julian paid him very well to make sure that he cleaned up all his nasty little messes and this was no different. That cure could not be presented to the FDA and that meant he had to find Nichols. As head of the European Midnight Brotherhood sect, he was very powerful. He decided to make a profit for his special abilities and men like Walter Julian paid a pretty penny. Bloody hell, he thought. Shiyan Knights. He’d encountered one or two of them before. If you encountered one, it was told that you better run for cover. Two Shiyan Knights were deadly. He sighed once more. He had his work cut out for him.
********************************************************************************************
Sienna Michaelson woke up and saw that she was in a gorgeous room. She smelled the sea air as she took in the cream, green and tan colors of the room. She sat up, stretched her legs and arms as she looked over at her friend, who was still asleep. She was glad that she and her friend were safe…for the time being.

Sienna saw a few bags of clothes near the bathroom. Damn, they must be the CIA…they know our sizes, she thought as she grabbed a pair of panties, jeans and a lime green baby tee and went to take a shower. Feeling refreshed and famished, Sienna went downstairs and saw that there was a woman cooking breakfast. Sienna gratefully ate and when she was done, she was determined to find out where they were and what was going on. Sienna tiptoed so softly that it couldn’t be heard down the hall. When she came to a door, she heard mumbling. She stood next to the door for a few minutes, and then the doors flew open, with Reese Monteblanc looking down into her eyes, a knowing grin on his face.

“Well, well, well. You know, eavesdropping isn’t very polite. You could have just knocked,” Reese stated.

“Right…like you would have opened it. Anyway, I want answers. What’s going on? Who are you? What are you?” Sienna asked.

“One question at a time, precious. You know, we saved your life. We really don’t owe you any explanations. You should be thanking us,” Reese said.

“Thank you…now, what the hell is going on?” Sienna asked frankly as Reese laughed at her.

“She has a right to know what’s going on, Reese. Let her in,” Kieran stated as Reese opened the door and allowed the pretty woman to walk through.

“Please, have a seat,” Kieran stated as he waved his hand over a chair. Sienna sat down slowly.

“I’m sorry that we frightened you last night, but we had to get you two out of there quickly. It just wasn’t safe,” Kieran replied as Reese stood next to him, arms crossed at the chest. Sienna caught Reese’s eyes again and he winked at her. Sienna rolled her eyes and caught Kieran’s eyes.

“Well…thank you for that. But how is Emory involved in something that has to do with Dr. Nichols? He does good work and Em’s just a college counselor. What’s going on?” Sienna asked. Kieran and Reese began to tell her about the cure and how Dr. Nichols staff and Emory’s stepmother was murdered. Sienna sat back in the chair and let everything sink in.

“Oh my God. So now, because he’s found something that could help billions of people affected, these creeps want to kill him…to keep making more money? Unbelievable,” Sienna stated as she felt Reese’s eyes on her again.

“And they want to kill you and Emory…anyone linked to him to scare him into not going to the FDA,” Kieran stated.

“That’s one hell of a story. Now, you still haven’t told me who you are,” Sienna stated as Reese paced the front of the room.

“A better question would be…who are you?” Reese asked. Sienna looked at him with a funny look on her face.

“I’m sure you have a whole dossier on me. I’m Em’s best friend, I’m a nurse, I don’t have any kids, etc., etc. Now, I need to know who you are,” Sienna stated.

“You’ll find out…as soon as you answer this,” Reese said.

The next thing she knew, Reese threw a huge metal disc at her head which she ducked and flipped away from with supernatural agility and speed. After the disc left his hand, a dagger left his right hand and was coming full speed at Sienna. She turned and lifted her right arm and caught the dagger in the palm of her right hand.

Kieran shook his head as he watched Reese walk slowly to Sienna, who was looking up at Reese, holding the dagger.

“I knew I picked up on something. I told you Key! I knew it. Nice…very nice. So…why don’t you tell us why Emory has a Lameira Protector…and a hot one at that?” Reese asked as Sienna smirked, then threw the dagger with precision at the wall behind them.