Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 5

Coleman Turner was researching possible locations that the Shiyans could be protecting the girl, her father and her friend. He knew they were very below the radar and since they cloaked themselves, his men had no clue where they were.

“Damn it,” Coleman said and heard his phone ringing.

“Turner,” he said quickly.

“What’s the status, Turner?” Walter Julian asked as he stroked the back of his naked mistress who lay next to him in bed.

“We haven’t located them yet. It’s going to take a little time, Walter. Besides, I have moles at the FDA. If he even thinks about going there, he won’t get there. Get my drift?” Coleman stated.

“At least that’s something. He hasn’t been to the FDA yet, so we still have a chance to get him. We have to get him, Turner.”

“And we will. Have I ever let you down before?” Coleman asked in that clipped English accent of his.

“No,” Walter Julian stated.

“Then relax. But I have to warn you that they’ve got protection…serious protection,” Coleman said.

“What do you mean? Who’s protecting them? Samurai’s, Millitant Clan? We can handle that with the your men and a few Brangas,” Walter stated.

“No…Shiyan Knights,” Coleman said as he heard the deep intake of breath from Walter.

“Shiyan Knights? How did he acquire that kind of protection?!!” Walter screamed into the phone.

“Calm down, Walter. Now is not the time to worry about who’s protecting him, but how to get rid of them. That’s our main concern now,” Coleman stated.

“And you say he won’t get to the FDA! Bullshit! Those Shiyans are going to get him there and kill anyone who gets in their way. You do know what they’re capable of…right?” Walter asked, his loud voice waking up his mistress.

“All too well, Walter. I have a few renegade Shiyans on the payroll that for the right price will do anything. So, as I stated, even if he gets there, he doesn’t get there. Besides, what are you so worked up about? You don’t have to do anything, but keep my funds rolling in. Leave all the fighting to me, Walter. We’ll get him, his pretty little daughter and her lovely friend. It’s all going to be taken care of…I just need you to exude a little confidence in me and be patient. Do we understand one another?” Coleman asked as he picked up a Liam dagger.

“Yes. Disposing of problems is your specialty. I’ll leave you to it,” Walter Julian stated.

“You do that. When I get a concrete lead, I’ll let you know,” Coleman stated as he promptly hung up the phone. He looked at the Liam dagger in his hand and threw it with precision at the picture that he had hanging on the wall of Matthew Nichols. The dagger went directly to the middle of Matthew Nichols forehead, then looked at the picture of his daughter and her friend. She and her friend were quite lovely, he thought as he fingered the picture.

“If we don’t get you, Nichols, we’ll most definitely get her,” he said, an evil smirk crossing his handsome features.

********************************************************************************************
A week had passed and Emory tried to keep herself busy. What she learned was still getting to her and she had no intention of just letting it roll off her back. She needed to process everything and figure out what she would do. She did research in the massive library and learned a lot about Lameira’s, Shiyans, anything that she could. Reese was funny and very outgoing….the complete opposite of his friend. Kieran seemed like the serious, brooding type, but she could feel his compassion and there was something else going on with him…he was unhappy.

Dinner that night was rather…quiet and a little awkward. Emory still hadn’t said a word to Sienna and Kieran and Reese were just thinking about their mission…and the subjects of said mission.

After dinner, Emory walked out to the gardens as Kieran had suggested last week. Now it became a habit of hers to just let the wonderful scents of the flowers soothe her after dinner. Emory's eyes went to the men cloaked in black, with swords on their backs, camped out around the house. This place was guarded like a fortress, she thought as she looked at the lighted garden. She also came out to the gardens after breakfast to take a look at its beauty in the full light of day and it was spectacular. As she thought about the events of the last few days, she felt Sienna come to stand beside her. Emory continued to look straight ahead.

“You okay?” Sienna asked.

“I’m dealing. That’s all I can do, right?” Emory answered, her voice clipped.

“Look, Em, I’m sorry about the way everything went down. I always wanted to tell you, but the Elders are something else. They didn’t want you to know and I couldn’t tell you…until now. I’m sorry that it took all of this for you to finally find out the truth,” Sienna said.

Emory turned and looked at her friend. “So I was supposed to go through my life without knowing about who I really am and that was okay to you…to them!?”

Sienna sighed. “No, it wasn’t okay, but it was all done to protect you. Look, Em I’m still Sienna. I ‘m still a little quirky, weird, overtly sexual at times, but I’m the same Sienna.”

Emory smiled a little. “Yeah…the only difference is that you’re basically a black Wonder woman.”

Sienna laughed. “Girl, homegirl ain’t got nothing on me…believe that. And since you know the truth, I had to contact the Council and let them know. I had to tell them everything.”

“What did they say?” Emory asked.

“It was good that the Shiyans were protecting us and that I’m banned from going on any other missions for a year. The only thing I’m required to do is protect you and begin your training. We’ll start with some basic hand to hand combat tomorrow and see where it leads,” Sienna stated as Emory looked at her friend. Sienna had always been a little tough, but combat training…from Sienna? A woman who loved high heels, make-up and tiny skirts?

“Don’t look at me like that. I know I’m a little short, but believe me…I’m one of the best at what I do. Besides, maybe training will take your mind off of all this crap that’s going on concerning your dad and the cure. It wouldn’t hurt,” Sienna stated.

“Yeah. I have a question. Why was it so important that I had protection, especially if I was just supposed to be completely normal to everyone?” Emory inquired as Sienna looked into her friends eyes.

“Em…your mother…she had powers that most of us didn’t have. She could heal and levitate things. Add that to her Lameira strength, and agility and she was basically a real force to be reckoned with. It took 20 Brangas and Midnight brotherhood warriors to destroy her. We don’t know exactly what you can do and I’m thinking if your mom was that powerful, then you probably are just like her…maybe stronger. Emory, if any of them would have found out that Nicollette had a child, it would have been the end of you. The Council figured that you dealt with enough and your life should be as normal as possible, which it was,” Sienna said as Emory thought.

“Well, I know that I can read people’s thoughts and sometimes, if I focus, I can make things move. I don’t know about anything else,” Emory said.

“That's coming from your unknown heritage. Everything from your Lameira heritage is dormant, but we’ll awaken it...as soon as you begin training, you'll feel different, and I want you to be prepared," Sienna stated.

"I'll try," Emory said.

"That's good enough for me. So…are we good again?” Sienna asked. Emory smiled and grabbed her friend and they hugged each other tightly. After the hug, Emory smiled.

“See, what about you? I mean, do you just continue to protect me or what?” Emory asked.

“Yeah, that was the plan. If you were to get married, I was still going to have to protect you because of the threat…no matter what,” Sienna said.

“You mean you wouldn’t have had a life of your own?” Emory asked.

Sienna gave her a small smile. “Something like that.”

“Why would you have done that?” Emory asked.

“It was my duty…and my honor. You’re my best friend. If anything would have happened to you, someone would have had hell to pay. Besides, I like to look at it this way. I get to be footloose and fancy free for awhile. That means tons of fun with cute, sexy guys and no drama. You can’t beat that. Speaking of cute and sexy, oh my God, can those two get any hotter?” Sienna asked with a grin.

Emory laughed. “I think they could, but they really don’t have to. They are fine.”

Sienna looked at Emory and replied, “I know, right? Reese and I sparred with each other last week and it took everything in me not to throw him down and fuck the shit out of him. He’s so sexy. But, it’s not the right time yet. I got other things to concentrate on. I’ll get that booty later.”

Emory and Sienna laughed and then Sienna said, “But that Kieran, the really serious one…what do you think about him?”

Sienna saw the smile that appeared on Emory’s face and she knew. Oh crap.

“He’s quiet. Nice. Very humble. Drop dead gorgeous. I mean, did you see him? Those blue eyes and that black hair. He’s hot…whoa,” Emory stated as Sienna smiled.

“Whoa’s appropriate,” Sienna interjected.

“He’s very serious…considerate. He seems rather sad. I don’t know why, but I just feel like I know him, like he’s someone that’s going to be important to me. And you know how I’m hella cautious with guys? I don’t feel any of that around him for some reason. I just felt that he’s not happy, but he’s going to do what he has to…it’s his duty. You know?” Emory responded as Sienna shook her head. Sienna was listening and thinking, blocking her thoughts. Emory had to have Shiyan blood if she connected with this Kieran guy in that way. She would have to get more info concerning Nicollette’s parents if she could.

“You like him?” Sienna asked.

“Yes, I like him, but not in that way. I mean he saved my life, brought me tea when I felt like crap…I feel indebted to him,” Emory said.

Sienna grinned. “Indebted enough to give him some play?”

Emory playfully slapped Sienna on the arm. “No. Just to be gracious and kind towards him.”

“Uh huh. Just be careful, Em. Guys like Kieran and Reese…you can feel the power that they have and it’s sexy and it’s downright an aphrodisiac. I know how to deal with it, but you don’t. The reason I’m saying all of this is because I think that he’s into you, Em. You didn’t see the way he looked at you in the club or the expression on his face after we left you. It wasn’t just empathy. It was concern and care. I think he likes you, Em,” Sienna stated as Emory’s heart skipped at the fact.

“You are tripping, See. I mean, from what I’ve read, he's only allowed to marry Shiyan women,” Emory said.

Sienna laughed. “I didn’t say anything about him marrying you…I said he likes you, Em…really likes you. Just watch yourself. If you do take that plunge, be careful. We’re really not allowed to let feelings get involved. Deep emotions and feelings makes everything messy, at least that’s my experience. I’m going to get a drink, because I need it. You want one?”

“No, I’m going to stay out here for awhile. I’m glad we’re talking again, See. I missed you,” Emory said as Sienna stood with her hand on the door.

“Me too, girly. I’ll see you later,” Sienna said as she walked back into the house. Her friend didn’t even realize it, but she was falling for tall, dark and handsome.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave,” Sienna thought as she walked to the bar and looked at a bottle of rum. She couldn’t reach it and cursed to herself.

“Damn it,” she whispered and then she saw a long, tan arm above her, pulling the bottle down.

“Is this what you wanted?” the sexy voice that belonged to Reese asked. He couldn’t resist. He walked in after doing a grounds check and saw Sienna, in all her little sexiness, bending up in those jeans that gripped her ass, trying to reach the bottle.

“Yes, thank you,” Sienna replied as she turned around and looked up into his face.

“No problem,” he said as he watched her fill her glass with ice, then coke, then the rum. She twirled it around with her fingertip, then licked it, making Reese wish she would have just held it out for him to lick. She smiled, then took a sip.

“You look like you needed that,” he said as she smiled.

“I did. You have no idea. So, how long are we going to be here?” Sienna asked.

“We were told maybe a few more weeks, then we bring you back to headquarters. Why? Are you getting anxious?” he asked as he walked up to her, looking down into her eyes. Sienna laughed. He couldn’t read her…she was blocking, he thought. Why?

“A little,” she stated.

“Maybe I can help you with the anxiety. Tell me what you want me to do,” he whispered as Sienna laughed.

“You’re good,” she said as she sipped her drink.

“You have no idea,” Reese replied as she looked up at him after sipping once more. She placed it down on the table and grinned.

“Reese, let’s be honest with each other. You wanna fuck me, right?” Sienna asked. Reese let his eyes travel slowly down her body and back up again as he curled his lips into a sensuous grin.

“Without a doubt…yes,” he said as his fingers traveled down her bare arm. Sienna played it cool, not letting him know how much that touch affected her.

“I’ll be real with you, too. I wouldn’t mind getting it on with you. You know that and I know that. But right now isn’t the time,” she said.

“According to you. Besides, we’ve been flirting with each other for days now and the sexual tension is killing me and I know it’s doing the same to you. So, why don’t we go to my room and do what we’ve been wanting to do since we first saw each other…and that’s fuck each other’s brains out.”

Sienna let out a sigh after hearing the words come from his mouth, wanting nothing more than to go with him and do the damn thing, but she couldn’t do that now. She had to concentrate on Emory…at least for a little while.

“Although that sounds awfully tempting, we’re going to have to put this on ice and think about everything clearly and objectively. You are on a mission. I have a duty. Emory begins training tomorrow and I need to focus all of my energy on that. Maybe we can…,” but her thoughts were cut off when his head leaned down, his hands cupped her face and his lips passionately took hers. Sienna gripped his upper arms as she moved closer to him. His tongue sought entrance into her mouth and she happily allowed it.

Reese took over the kiss and ran his tongue along every crevice of her mouth, basking in the sweetness of it. He could taste the drink that she just ingested along with her special taste that was making him want her even more. He made sure that he grazed his want for her against her and when she moaned, he kissed her harder. The next thing he knew, he pulled away from her sweet lips and stared down into her eyes. Reese licked his lips as Sienna licked hers. She had never been kissed so well.

Who was she kidding? She was going to get him sooner than later.

“You were saying?” he asked in that sexy voice of his.

“Um…yeah, something definitely has to be done about this tension. I mean, we're both adults. It wouldn’t do well for us to tiptoe around something we both obviously want, right?” she asked.

He just nodded in agreement and she began to speak. “Right. Well, um, I’ll think about it a little more and um, I’ll get back to you. Okay?”

“Alright,” he said as he pushed her hair away from her face.

“Okie dokie. Well, I’m going to go. Later,” Sienna said as she walked away from Reese. He laughed as he watched her walk off.

It wouldn’t be long…he knew it.
************************************************************
Kieran saw Emory standing outside looking at the flowers in the garden. He had been staring at her for quite some time, just admiring her from afar. He had stayed away from her as much as possible during the last few days because of their last encounter. He just didn’t trust what would happen if he was in her presence alone. He couldn’t stop thinking about her and it wasn’t just physical, although that had something to do with it. He still hadn’t found out any information except what Sienna had told them concerning her mother's parents, but he figured something would come up.

His father had narrowed it down to Walter Julian who owned JulCorp pharmaceuticals who was responsible for wanting Dr. Nichols, Emory and Sienna dead. He had on his payroll a warrior by the name of Coleman Turner, who was the head of the Midnight Brotherhood in Europe. Coleman Turner was a dirty man and killed without conscious. Kieran had never come up against him, but just knowing that he wanted to hurt Emory made him want to destroy him.

Shit, he thought to himself as he made himself calm down. He couldn't let his anger cloud what he had to do. Why was he so angry?Because he wanted her, that's why. But he couldn't have her. He had to do whatever he could to concentrate on this mission and him daydreaming about kissing those beautiful lips of hers would not help him protect her.

In the meantime, he had to hold his attraction to Emory at bay. Although he could be intimate with her, he couldn’t have a relationship with her according to his people’s laws, and he knew that if he got a taste of her, he wouldn’t be able to just let her go.

This was so frustrating, he thought as he stared at the mahogany hued beauty. Just last week he was coming to grips that he would probably end up marrying Tisa and being the leader of the Shiyan Knights in North America in a few years, and then, Emory shows up, making him wish that he didn’t have to be what he was.

How in the hell did I let this happen, he thought to himself. How could I develop feelings for someone so fast? If he thought about it, from the first time he saw her photo, he knew that she was going to be something special to him. She must have felt him staring because she turned around and gave him the most beautiful smile. The smile that she bestowed upon him made his heart flip and he could read her thoughts, thoughts that let him know that she had been thinking about him exactly the way he had been thinking about her.

Kieran nodded to her and broke away from her gaze, slowly contemplating how to get rid of this attraction to her because no good would come from it.