Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 6

Vincent Villegas didn’t know how to approach his friend concerning the information that Kieran and Reese had given him regarding Emory and her friend Sienna. He knew that Matthew was worried about Emory’s safety, but what he had to discuss with Matthew was important.

Vincent, along with Anthony Monteblanc, sat with Matthew as Vincent gave Matthew all the information that he received from Kieran and Reese and the looks that crossed his face, also with the vibes that Vincent picked up from Matthew told him all he needed to know.

“Matt…you knew about Emory and Nicollette, didn’t you?” Vincent asked, his eyes narrowing as he gazed at his friend.

Matthew’s brown eyes met his and he said, “Yes. But I didn’t know about Sienna. That explains why she was always around.”

“Why didn’t you tell us when I asked you to give me the whole story? How long have you known?” Vincent asked.

Matthew sighed, then he began to speak. “When Emory was about 7 or 8, I began to suspect that Nicollette was having an affair. I followed her one night and what I saw astounded me. My 5’3 wife killed 12 men…and she barely used a weapon. When she saw me, I asked her how could she do it and simply said, “because it’s my duty.” Nicollette revealed to me that she was a Lameira Protector and told me that I had to make sure never to tell anyone about her abilities. She explained everything in great detail and I didn’t want to leave her, even though I feared for her safety. I loved her. So, I cast a blind eye to her activities. When Nicollette died, I never wanted Emory to know what she really was. I never wanted my daughter to lead a double life. I would see Emory levitate things, but I convinced her that it was all in her mind. I did what I thought was best for my child.”

“Do you know anything about Nicollette’s father?” Vincent asked as Matthew gulped.

“Before Nicollette died, she began research regarding her father. All I know is…he was one of you. She never got to tell me his name,” Matthew stated as Vincent and Anthony looked at each other.

Vincent stood up and looked at Anthony. “It’s possible that he may still be alive. Anthony, dig up any information that you have on exiled Shiyan Knights 20 years to the date of Nicollette’s birthday. See what you can dig up.”

Anthony nodded his compliance as he left the room. Vincent paced for a few minutes, then let out a huge sigh, glancing back at his best friend.

“Vince, I didn’t think that it was important to reveal anything regarding Nicollette and Emory, so I didn’t,” Matthew said.

“How could you let your daughter think she was paranoid, Matt?”

“I did what I had to do to protect her,” Matthew stated as Vincent sat down next to his friend on the sofa.

“Maybe you thought you were, but you may have done more harm than good. I mean, the Lameira’s has given Sienna orders to train her, but the poor girl has been basically driving blind her whole life,” Vincent stated as Matt shrugged his shoulders.

“I just wanted my baby to be normal…to have a normal life,” Matthew replied.

“But she’s not normal, Matt. From what I know of Nicollette, she was powerful. Emory may have inherited all of her traits…maybe some that Nicollette didn’t have. I know one thing. If Midnight Brotherhood finds out who she is, your cure isn’t going to be the only reason they’re going to have to get to Emory. Excuse me, my friend, but this is getting more difficult than I imagined. I must speak with the rest of the council concerning this situation,” Vincent stated as he stood up to go to the door. Matthew spoke out as Vincent’s hand turned the doorknob.

“I know you don’t think what I did was right, but I didn’t want my child hurt. I didn’t want her to die like her mother did,” Matthew said as Vincent just stared at his friend for a minute, then proceeded to walk out of the door.
*********************************************************
A few weeks later...

Emory was beginning to become quite good with her hands, she thought as she did Tai Chi. With her Lameira powers awakened, Emory could see clearer, move faster and hear extremely well. Her other heritage, those powers…well, they were another story.

She really hadn’t learned to control her powers yet and after finishing her Tai Chi exercises, she decided to practice levitating things. Her eyes focused on an empty water bottle. She tried to make it go into the garbage can, but she couldn’t.

Kieran walked into the other entrance to the gym, unbeknown to Emory. He had been watching her for several minutes, taking in her beauty. She was progressing very well for someone who just learned about their abilities. He didn’t know why he couldn’t keep his eyes off this woman. He had seen beautiful women before…he was surrounded by them, but it was something about her that made him keep his eyes glued to her whenever she was in close proximity. It was going against everything that he swore to uphold to have this want…no, this need for her and he didn’t know how long he would be able to handle it. He also didn’t know if he wanted to handle it.

“Damn it,” she said as she watched the bottle fall on the side of the garbage can. From across the room, a deep, male voice stated, “You’re forcing it.”

Emory turned around and saw Kieran Villegas with a black wifebeater on and black nylon jogging pants. Emory smiled at him and he smiled back. He was absolutely gorgeous, she thought as he walked over to her. “Hello…and why did you say that?”

“Hi...and the reason I said that is because I can feel it…I see it. Your face is all contorted and you’re stiff as a board. It won’t happen if you force it like that,” he said as he walked up to her, trying not to concentrate on her lovely lips.

“But I read that I have to concentrate,” she said as he grinned. She was adorable, he thought as he took in the slight little pout of her lips.

“Yes, you have to concentrate, but you must be focused…not forced. The first thing you need to do is forget the books. You’re supposed to feel as if your powers are a natural part of you, something that you easily control, not conquer. Maybe I can show you how to control your powers, make them feel apart of you instead of separate from you,” he said as she put her hands on her hips.

“That’s exactly how I feel. How did you know?” Emory asked.

“That’s how it is in the beginning. It feels like a foreign entity instead of something naturally inside of you,” he said as their eyes met. Emory didn’t want to look away, but she did. She wiped the back of her hand across her lightly sweaty forehead.

“How often would we have to do this?” she asked.

“Until you felt comfortable with your powers. Right now, you’re not comfortable and that’s why you’re so blocked, so forced. We could start today and maybe start an hour before you begin your training with Sienna once a day. Sound good to you?” he asked as she smiled. That smile of hers was contagious he thought as he smiled back at her.

“That sounds good. Thank you Kieran,” she whispered as they stared at one another.

“It’s my pleasure,” he whispered, those gorgeous blue eyes staring into hers.

“So, how do I do this?” she asked.

Kieran came to stand behind her and as he did, his hands lightly held her hips. Emory could feel his power and his smell and she loved it. The feeling of his strong, warm hands on her was wonderful and she imagined those hands touching her in other places. Kieran was trying his best not to pull Emory closer to him and the light floral musky scent of her was damaging his senses. He inhaled a deep cleansing breath so that he could concentrate and slowly released it.

“Do you meditate?” he asked.

“No,” she replied.

“You may want to make it a habit. It helps center you, and it gives your body a break from all of your abilities. It’s also the cornerstone of levitating. I usually meditate early in the morning and right before bed,” he stated to her as she grinned.

“I’ll do that. Thanks,” she replied.

“No problem. You ready to start learning how to own your powers?” he asked.

“Yeah…let’s do this,” she stated as he smiled.

“Okay, first…close your eyes. Then, clear your head. Slowly breathe in, then exhale, breathe in, then exhale,” he said in the sexiest, most soothing voice Emory had ever heard. The nearness of him was unnerving to her, but at the same time, she welcomed it. How odd, she thought.

Emory did as he requested for several minutes and heard him say, “Good. Now open your eyes and find your target,” he said as he looked at her face as she listened to him. She was beautiful, he thought as he continued to teach her about levitating.

Meanwhile, Sienna was standing outside of the room, looking through the window at Kieran and Emory. What she saw was something that shouldn’t be happening.

“Hello hotness. I could have sworn that I told you weeks ago about the evils of eavesdropping. You know that's a nasty little habit for someone as cute as you to have. Why are you so nosy?” Reese asked as his head leaned to Sienna’s left ear. Sienna didn’t look at him, but smiled inside when he called her hotness and cute. She kept staring through the window.

"It's not eavesdropping...it's observing...spying. I've been trained to spy on others...so have you," she said as he grinned.

"Yeah, I've been trained to spy...on targets...you know, bad people...not friends or family. Now what's your excuse?" he asked, watching her take in a deep breath. He liked to get her all riled up. She was sexy all the time, but when she was pissed, she was off the charts hot.

Sienna's head whipped around to him for a minute, then she said, “Because I'm just nosy, damn it, so don't do or say anything around here that you don't want me to know about. Your best bet is to stay on high alert around me," she said.

Reese grinned. "I don't have anything to hide. I'm an open book, Sienna. Besides, there's one body part in particular that's always on high alert around you and I really have no control over that."

Sienna sighed and shook her head, shivering at the thought of said body part that stood at attention when she was around. She cleared her head of the dirty little thoughts that raced through it and said, "Whatever. Well, at least he’s helping her with levitating. She’s picking everything up so quickly. Usually, it takes months to train a new LP, but Emory can basically do anything I teach her. I’ve never seen that before,” Sienna stated as Reese stood beside her, his arms crossing his chest.

“At least she’s learning fast, which is certainly a good thing for her. Sometimes, after so many years of not using your powers, many don’t adapt and can’t catch on. Be grateful that she’s a quick study. Kieran is one of the best Shiyan Knights ever, so she’s learning from the best. His levitating skills are so concise and precise and his timing and accuracy is amazing, so she’s in good hands,” Reese stated as his eyes traveled over Sienna’s curvy form. Sienna was dressed in a pair of black leggings and a black tank top, the same as Emory and her curves were more pronounced in the fitted material. Reese had been thinking about her ever since he kissed her, but duties got in the way the last couple of weeks and he didn’t make another move towards her. Now that Kieran was distracting Emory for awhile, he felt that maybe he could get Sienna to focus on their physical attraction to one another and act on it.

“You do know that he’s falling for her…and vice versa. She’s denying it, but I know what I know,” Sienna replied.

“So is he. I haven’t said much about it because it’s Kieran. He’s a boy scout. He won’t do anything that he’s not supposed to. He’s the next leader of the order and with that comes strict duties and responsibilities. Kieran is the archetype of a Shiyan Knight. He won’t go there with Emory,” Reese said staring at Sienna’s profile as she watched Kieran and Emory. She was a beautiful woman, he thought as he remembered the way she responded to him and how her lips fused so well with his. He could feel her concern and her fear…it washed over him in waves.

“I don’t know about that. I mean, I’ve caught him staring at her when she’s not looking and I have to say…the looks that I’ve seen are not of one who’s not going to act on his attraction. This could be bad…really bad,” Sienna stated as she felt Reese’s gaze on her. She didn’t look up at him, but she did like the way that he looked at her.

“It could, but what’s the worse that could happen? He could be expelled from the Shiyan Order and be exiled. That’s about it. Personally, I think it would be the best thing that ever happened to him,” Reese said as Sienna looked over at him. Those colorful tattoos were exposed from the short sleeved black t-shirt he was wearing.

“Why are you so nonchalant about all of this? Why would you want that to happen to your friend?” Sienna asked.

Reese looked into her eyes. “Because Kieran’s not happy. Kieran is dreading taking his father’s place because he’s at odds with the laws, but he’s so dutiful that it’s insane. And the woman that they’re trying to make him marry is beautiful, submissive and boring…Kieran hates that. He’s miserable. He doesn’t acknowledge it, but I know. When he first saw Emory’s photograph, I saw a light that I never saw before. He just seems more human when he’s around her. This is the most I’ve seen Kieran smile in a long time and if something does happen, it happens. There’s nothing we can do to stop it if it’s meant to be.”

"When did you become so philosophical?" Sienna asked.

"Just now. If you got to know me, you'd learn that there's a lot about me that would surprise you," Reese replied.

Sienna looked up at him, noticing that his hazel eyes turned colors and tried not to get lost in them. “I'm sure. I still don’t see this as a good thing. Do me a favor, Reese. You keep telling him to do his job and focus on that. I’ll keep telling Emory the same.”

“You know Sienna, they're not children...they're adults and if this thing is bigger than they are, who are we to tell them it’s wrong?” Reese asked as Sienna sighed, watching Emory laugh at something Kieran said and catching the look of longing on his face as he stared at Emory. Sienna’s fingertips went to the middle of her forehead as she felt pain right between her eyes.

“I’m not saying that what they feel is wrong. It’s just that Em is very fragile right now. I don’t want to see her get caught up in a fantasy, then get tossed aside. So you need to watch your boy,” Sienna stated as Reese watched her pretty features cross.

“Kieran’s not like that and I’m just afraid that his feelings are more serious for her than hers are for him. If something is meant to happen between those two, and it’s already happening, then there’s nothing we can do about it,” he replied as he stared at her.

Sienna sighed as the ache in her head increased. Her fingers began to move more quickly between her eyes and Reese sensed that she was in pain and he wanted to help her. He stood in front of her and removed her fingertips.

“What are you….?” She began to ask but was interrupted by Reese’s fingers touching the spot were her fingers were. Reese concentrated on the spot between her eyes and held his fingers there.

“Shhh. Just relax,” he whispered as she felt a delicious warmth spread through her skin, from the tips of his fingers. Sienna closed her eyes and Reese continued to concentrate until he felt her pain go away. He removed his fingers and stared down into her face. Her eyes were closed and she looked soft and peaceful…so unlike the little spitfire that he was becoming accustomed to.

Sienna opened her eyes and saw Reese staring at her. Her headache was gone and she felt relaxed and peaceful.

“Thank you,” she whispered as she looked up into his face. His fingertips grazed her nose, then her lips.

“You’re welcome,” he replied.

“That was better than taking Tylenol,” Sienna replied as he laughed.

“I know. Why haven’t you gotten back to me?” Reese asked as he looked down at her. Sienna tried to tear her gaze away from his, but she couldn’t.

“I just haven’t had the time to,” Sienna replied. Reese grinned at her.

“Really? That’s a shame. But since it seems that your charge and my friend are going to be busy for a while, why don’t you come with me and let’s end this little war right now,” he whispered, as one of his fingers ran down the right side of her neck, to her right shoulder, then her right bare arms to finally rest on the back of her hand, where it made small, sensual circles.

Sienna didn’t say anything, but she knew that she wanted him. She needed to be with him and his touch, as light as it was, was doing her in. She tried to not think about him, but that kiss constantly replayed in her mind.

“I want you and you want me. Let’s do something about it, once and for all,” he whispered.

“Yeah…you’re right. But before we go any further, let's make a deal," she replied.

"Anything, sweetheart," he whispered in a way that made her shiver.

"Let’s just keep this strictly physical with no demands or anything...no expectations, declarations of love, yada yada yada,” she whispered back as her head lifted toward his.

“I get it. Whatever you want, gorgeous. Why don’t you meet me in my room…say 20 minutes?” Reese asked as his head leaned closer to hers, lips barely an inch away from hers.

“20 minutes…okay. Um, I guess I can do that…maybe place a spell in place where no one could hear us,” she whispered as he grinned.

“That’s good…but I want to hear you when I take you. Just as long as that spell allows me to hear every moan and whimper that escapes those sexy lips of yours...," he whispered as her sex clenched.

"...it will...trust me," she whispered.

"Good. Oh, and Sienna...whatever you do, don’t get all docile and timid on me. I want that little hellion that kissed me to come out…alright?” he asked, wanting to kiss her but didn’t.

Sienna was smiling at this point and just figured, to hell with it. I might as well, she thought as she stared at Reese’s gorgeous face and sexy pink lips. Besides, she had never had sex with a Shiyan Knight and to say she was curious was an understatement. If the rumors were true, then she was in for a real treat. Sex with a Shiyan Knight was supposed to be like heaven on earth…simply incredible…orgasms were more drawn out and pleasurable, multiple in occurence…what the hell, she thought.

“Oh, she’ll be there. I just hope you can handle it,” she whispered her lips still an inch away from his.

Reese licked his lips slowly and the look in his eyes left her trembling and wet. “Don’t worry about that. You won’t be the same when I’m through with you.”

“Like I haven’t heard that before,” she replied.

“Maybe you have, but I stand by everything I say. You’re never going to want to stop once we start, sweetheart. I’ll do my part…you just do yours,” he replied, getting more turned on by the minute. He stepped away from her and gave her a sexy grin.

“I will,” she answered.

“20 minutes,” Reese replied as he gave her a searing once over, a wink and proceeded to walk down the hall and up to his room.

Sienna let the breath that she had been holding escape. “20 minutes,” she whispered as she walked to her room to prepare for a wild night with the sexy Shiyan Knight.