Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 8

A few days later

Coleman Turner sat in his office awaiting the arrival of the girl and her friend. When one of his renegade Shiyan associates gave him a few of the locations that they could have been keeping Emory Nichols and her friend, he quickly dispatched his best men.

As he contemplated what he would do to them, he stared at their pictures once more. Once he had his fun with both of them, he’d make sure that Dr. Nichols received a few personal souvenirs. He’d get to the good doctor and he would dispatch of the cure…one way or another.

As Coleman was thinking of possible ways to make the women endure pain, Chapman, his assistant came rushing in. Chapman was a mixed breed assassin for hire who Coleman stumbled upon 5 years ago. Chapman’s father was a member of the Midnight Brotherhood and his mother was a Lameira protector. Both of his parents were dead and he used his skills to kill for payment. Chapman was almost as cold as Coleman and that’s why he and Coleman worked well together.

“Have you detained our captives?” Coleman asked as he looked at his assistant.

“Not yet, sir,” Chapman replied.

“What do you mean, not yet? They should be here,” Coleman stated in a calm, serene tone of voice.

“Sir, we ran into a bit of a problem,” Chapman replied.

“Spit it out, man!” Coleman yelled, his British accent clipped.

“The girls and the Shiyans got away. In the process, they slaughtered all of our men,” Chapman stated.

“They killed 100 men?! How could that happen? They were some of the best we had!!! Most of them at sniper level…deadly in hand to hand combat!” Coleman exclaimed.

“Apparently, they weren’t our best if they didn’t survive. The few men that did survive died in route, but we did get some information from them before they succumbed to their deathly fate,” Chapman replied.

“Bloody hell! This is getting worse and worse. Do you realize that our employer is getting rather anxious? I had hoped to give him good news today, but I have to tell him once again that we have failed. Since we don’t have the girls, at least tell me that the information that you got out of those dead warriors of ours is worth your next breath. This information that you are about to give me better be worth its weight in gold, Chapman…or else,” Coleman replied to his assistant with narrow eyes.

A small smirk appeared from Chapman’s lips. “Oh, it is sir. It seems that the little friend, Sienna has powers. Possibly a Lameira Protector. She did lots of damage.”

Coleman smiled in spite of himself. That little fact made this Sienna girl more intriguing to him. “Well, that’s interesting.”

“Yes. She’s quite the little warrior,” Chapman stated as Coleman grinned.

“Really? Well, this is quite a development. Why would the girl have a Lameira Protector? Maybe there’s more to this Emory girl than meets the eye. Let’s try to find out everything we can on Nichols….,” Coleman began.

“We have everything,” Chapman stated. Coleman shook his head.

“No, there has to be something else…something we’re missing. There was no information about the girl’s mother. Let’s start there,” Coleman replied.

“Yes sir,” Chapman answered as he began to walk out of the door.

“And Chapman?” Coleman asked as Chapman turned towards him.

“Find something…or else,” Coleman threatened as Chapman nodded and walked out of the door.

"So, she's a Lameira, which means she's very strong...that's good. I love it when they fight back...right before I break them," Coleman replied, an evil grin spread across his face.

*********************************************************
Kieran and Reese brought Sienna and Emory to the Shiyan mansion upon Kieran’s father’s request. After Sienna and Emory settled into the rooms that they were given, Kieran, Reese and Angelo were summoned to meet with his father. Upon Emory’s arrival, her father hugged and kissed her like he didn’t want to let her go. Kieran sensed the love that the man had for Emory and vice versa.

At the meeting, Kieran and Reese both found out that it was Walter Julian that ordered the death of Dr. Matthew Nichols wife and was responsible for blowing up his lab, killing the majority of his staff and putting the hit out on Sienna and Emory. They were going to stay at the mansion until further notice and keep Sienna, Dr. Nichols and Emory under strict Shiyan protection.

After the meeting, Kieran decided to go and see Emory. He couldn’t get her off of his mind, and although he knew she was safe, he just had to see her. Kieran was passing the room that Emory was placed in when he saw her father walk out smiling.

“Good afternoon, Dr. Nichols,” Kieran replied.

“Good afternoon, young man. Thank you for protecting my daughter. Thank you for keeping her safe,” Dr. Nichols said.

“You’re welcome, sir. Emory did a lot of that on her own. I’m just glad we got to her and Sienna in time. I told you that no harm would come to her. I’m a man of my word,” Kieran replied as Dr. Nichols smiled at him.

“That you are. Well, if you’ll excuse me, I have to speak with your father,” Dr. Nichols replied as Kieran watched him walk away. Kieran knocked on Emory’s door and saw her open it without getting up. He smiled as he stood in the doorway.

“Using your powers to open doors, huh? I didn’t take you for the lazy type,” Kieran said teasingly.

Emory smiled over him after she wiped a few tears from her face. “I’m not, but you’ve had your whole life to get used to your gifts. I’m a little excited, so I’m playing around with it. Sue me.”

“You know I was just messing with you, right?” Kieran asked with a grin as he closed the door and walked into the room.

Emory wiped her face dry with the backs of her hands and said. “Yeah…I know.”

"So, have you settled in?" Kieran asked.

"As much as I can regarding the situation, you know. This is a beautiful house," she replied.

"It was my great grandfather's. Maybe later I can give you a real tour," Kieran stated as she sniffed.

"That would be nice. Thank you," Emory said.

"You're quite welcome," Kieran stated as he sat next to her on the chaise lounge that was in front of the window. His hand went to an errant strand of hair that had fallen in her face and he pushed it behind her right ear. He gently lifted her chin with his right hand and made her look up at him. She was so beautiful, he thought as he let himself get lost in her big, brown eyes. He sensed sadness and happiness from her, but he wanted to know what was bothering her.

“What’s wrong?” Kieran asked.

Emory was in a trance. The man was beautiful and his eyes…they were hypnotic. Emory told him about her father finding out about her mother being a Lameira Protector and knowing about her powers without clueing her in. She was angry at him, but she understood why he did it. He loved her and that was all she needed to know. She and her father had found their way back to each other through this drama and for that she was happy.

The next thing she knew, Kieran was holding her in his arms, softly caressing her back. Emory held onto him, enjoying the muscles that she felt through his t-shirt and his smell. Kieran comforted her and, didn’t want to let her go. She felt so good in his arms and he came to the conclusion that she belonged in them…not Tisa or any other woman. He was falling in love with Emory. How was he going to have her and still honor his duties? Well that was a whole other discussion that he didn't want to dwell on as he held her soft, warm body next to his. He read her thoughts and smiled. She had feelings for him as well…she hadn’t admitted love yet, but from what he sensed, she was falling, too.

Emory slowly pulled away and gazed into his eyes. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Anytime you need me…I’m here,” Kieran whispered as he stared into her eyes.

“Well…the same goes for me. I don’t know why I feel like I can tell you anything, but you listen to me and you really seem to care,” Emory whispered.

“I do care…more than you know,” Kieran replied.

“You make me feel so safe. I feel that nothing bad can happen if you’re near me,” Emory whispered.

“I’m glad you feel that way because I don’t want you to be afraid of anything…I’m not going to let anything happen to you, Emory. I promise,” Kieran whispered.

“I know. I can feel it. What’s happening between us, Kieran?” Emory asked as she watched him grin. The man was absolutely gorgeous and sexy, she thought as she stared into his eyes.

“I think you know the answer to that, but I’ll tell you what I feel. I can’t stop thinking about you,” Kieran said.

“Really?” Emory asked.

“Yes. You’ve been on my mind constantly. And when I’m not thinking about you, I’m thinking about the next time I’m going to see you or be in your presence,” he replied.

“I like being with you and I like how I feel when I’m with you. I’ve never experienced anything like this and at first I tried to fight it, but I can’t anymore. Emory…I’m falling in love with you,” he whispered.

“Wow,” Emory stated, taking in the gorgeous man who was still holding onto her as he laughed.

“That’s all you have to say is wow,” Kieran said.

“It’s just that…I didn’t expect any of this…,” Emory started.

“Neither did I. But, it’s happening and there’s no way I want it to stop. What about you? What do you feel? I mean, do you think this is a mistake?” Kieran asked, holding his breath.

Emory smiled slowly. “No, I don’t think that but I’m just amazed at how fast it happened. Everything just happened so fast. I mean first I’m a target for assassination, then I find out that I have supernatural powers, then I start to fall for you. It just wasn’t expected, but I’m glad it happened,” Emory responded as he sighed and placed his forehead against hers. Kieran was estatically happy to hear her say that, but he sensed something.

“I’m glad we got that out of the way. Don’t worry about any of that, sweetheart. I’m not going to lose you,” he whispered, reading her thoughts.

“You read me?” Emory asked.

Kieran grinned. “Of course I did. Want me to tell you what you thought?”

Emory laughed. “Go ahead.”

“I know I’m a full blood Shiyan, and you’re part Shiyan and Lameira, but we’ll get through this. You’re worried about me being banished. Even if I am expelled from my order, my clan…we’ll be together. I promise,” he whispered.

“I don’t want to ruin your life, Kieran. I know how much being a Shiyan Knight means to you. I don’t want to be the reason that’s all taken away,” Emory said.

“Before I met you, all I had was my duty. I wasn’t happy and I was fighting for others to live freely when I didn’t live at all. You make me want to live…you make me smile…you make me want more. I could never regret being with you. Whatever hand gets dealt, just know that I want this…I want you. God…do you have any idea how beautiful you are,” Kieran whispered as Emory blushed. He captured her face in his hands and Emory felt the most amazing warmth.

“Now you’re making me feel…,” Emory began but Kieran interrupted her.

“Special…beautiful. You’re not blocking, Emory…I can still read you,” Kieran stated as Emory grinned. Kieran stared at her gorgeous, full lips. He had never seen lips so lush, so beautiful. Kieran licked his lips lightly as his head leaned down toward her.

“Do you know what I’m thinking now?” Emory asked as she moved her face closer to his, inhaling his cologne, her fingers on the collar of his black button down shirt.

Kieran smiled as his lips stopped right in front of hers. “Yeah…you’re saying ‘I wish he would kiss me now.”

“Yeah…that’s right. So, what are you waiting…,” and the next thing Emory knew, Kieran’s soft lips were kissing hers, his hands cupping her face.

“Ummm,” Emory moaned as Kieran’s long, silky tongue began to play with hers, this lovely warmth coming from the tip of his tongue and onto hers. She had never felt anything like this before, she said to herself.

“Neither have I,” Kieran replied telepathically as Emory pulled him closer by putting her arms around his neck. Kieran loved the taste of her mouth and kissed her like he never kissed anyone before. Her lips were plump and full as he pulled her bottom lip into his mouth, slowly releasing it and smiling as Emory moaned her enjoyment. He could listen to that sound all day, he thought as he continued to devour her lips. During their kiss, Emory somehow ended up in Kieran’s lap and a few minutes after the kiss was over, they both looked at each other, staring into each other’s eyes, panting and trying to catch their breath.

“Whoa,” Emory replied as Kieran’s head touched hers.

“Whoa is right. Your lips are…beautiful...so soft, so sexy. And they taste so…ummm,” Kieran whispered as he leaned up and kissed her again, lightly running the tip of his tongue along her bottom lip.

“Yours…you…yeah…great…kisser…whoa,” Emory whispered as he laughed, running his thumb across the smooth, dark skin of her right cheek.

“I’ve been wanting that ever since I saw your picture…before we even met. I thought that you were the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen and your lips just beckoned me,” he whispered.

“I’ve been waiting…what took you so long?” Emory asked as he grinned.

“Timing…and I had things to work out,” Kieran replied as he pushed some of her dark, thick hair behind her right ear.

“Have you worked them out?” Emory asked as Kieran’s strong arms encircled her waist, holding her tightly, inhaling her tropical fruit scent that drove him crazy.

“Yeah…I have. And that confirmed it…you’re worth it. If I get banned, I want to be with you. I mean, I have an engineering degree that I never use…and besides, I can contract myself out to the government and still help people,” Kieran replied as he looked up into her eyes.

“Kieran, are you sure about this? I mean, what about your father and the council and marrying Tisa….” Emory began as she stared into his gorgeous face. Kieran placed a finger on her lips.

“I told you that I’m not marrying Tisa and no one is going to make me. I’ll just go to the council and my father when we’ve settled and tell them everything. Just remember to block your thoughts when you’re around other Shiyans until everything is out in the open…okay?” Kieran asked as she grinned, running her fingers through his thick, black hair.

“Okay. This feels so right, Kieran. In the midst of all this danger, and chaos, this feels so…”, she whispered.

“Incredible….I know,” he whispered as his eyes just took in her entire face. She was simply beautiful, he thought as she grinned.

“You're going to give me a big head, thinking I'm beautiful all the time," she whispered.

"That's because you are," Kieran stated.

"Well, thank you. I’m so glad that we’re on the same page,” she whispered as he leaned up and softly pecked her on the lips.

“So am I. Umm, baby, you’ve got to stop thinking those things. It was hard enough for me to stop and you’re thinking about that,” Kieran whispered as she smiled.

“Yeah…I felt how hard it was. Besides…you know that Lameira’s get stronger when they have sex, so you’d really be doing me a favor,” Emory whispered.

“And you know I want to help you in any way possible and…baby, we’ve got to stop this because I really can’t do what we both want right now,” Kieran replied as he licked his lips.

“Sorry. It’s just that…,” she whispered.

Kieran smiled at her. “Don’t be sorry…please don’t be sorry. You have know idea…”

”Yes I do and by the way? You’re a very dirty man, Mr. Villegas,” Emory replied.

”That’s just a preview and besides, it’s been awhile. Believe me, I want you as much as you want me, but right now…,” Kieran began.

“…I know, I know,” Emory whispered as they kissed again. Kieran pulled away from her after the kiss.

“So, with that being said, I have another meeting to attend with Marina, Daren, Angelo and Reese. Why don’t you get some rest and I’ll try to come by later,” Kieran said as he gently stood up and placed her back on the chaise lounge, leaning over with either arms on side of her.

“You promise?” Emory asked, her full lips in a sexy pout.

Kieran leaned down and kissed her on the forehead, then on her lips. “Yes. I’ll see you later, beautiful,” he replied as he pulled up and away from her, a smile on his face as he walked out of her room.

Emory fell back on the chaise lounge and sighed, thinking about her father and Kieran and his kisses. She had never been happier in her life.

********************************************************

Reese met up with Kieran in his room before the meeting and found his friend whistling and smiling.

Reese closed the door and grinned. “Whistling and smiling…I’ve never seen this before. What or should I say who’s gotten you in such a good mood?”

“Emory…I’m falling for her and she feels the same way and those lips and that kiss…,” Kieran replied.

“Wait a minute…what kiss?” Reese asked as Kieran told him about the time he spent in Emory’s room. Reese smiled.

“You’re happy, aren’t you?” Reese asked.

Kieran grinned. “Yes…I am. As soon as things calm down around here, I’m going to speak with the council and my father. Whatever happens…happens. But, I’m not giving her up…no matter what.”

Reese said, “So, I’m not going to be the only rebel around here, huh?”

“No…not hardly. Compared to what I’m about to drop on them, your past discretions are going to ready you for sainthood around here,” Kieran replied as Reese laughed.

“Right. So, Kieran…are you sure about all of this?” Reese asked.

“You know me…when I make up my mind, that’s it,” Kieran said as they walked to his door.

“Well, if that’s the case…whatever you do, I’ve got your back…remember that,” Reese stated.

“I will…thanks man,” Kieran replied as they walked out of the room.