Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 9

A few weeks later...

Tisa Lesarago knew that Kieran would be in the gym working out. The man kept a very tight schedule. She hadn’t been able to get him alone in the last few weeks that he had been back at the mansion and everytime she approached him, he was on his way to a meeting or going to check on his charge. His charge…

She didn’t personally have anything against the girl, but she had something against the fact that she was beautiful and Kieran’s damsel in distress and that didn’t sit right with her. Tisa decided to find a time to get Kieran all to herself and she figured that if she went to workout at the same time, then she would get some alone time with him and he couldn’t run away.

Her future husband was everything that she wanted. Ever since she was 12 years old she had been in love with Kieran Villegas. He came from one of the most powerful Shiyan families and he was one of the greatest Knights. Add to that his gracious loyalty and his looks (the man was gorgeous as sin) and you have the most sought after mate within the clan besides Reese…and he was hers. Whether he liked it or not.

Of course she knew that he had no interest in marrying her and it was widely known that Kieran was at odds with the laws regarding mandatory marriage, but he was loyal and obeyed all laws, which meant he had no choice and she was glad of that fact.

She didn’t understand why Kieran wasn’t attracted to her…every other male Shiyan was. She was 5’8, dark brown hair, green eyes, with a model’s body. She was beautiful and she knew it and it completely did something to her that Kieran did not want her the way that she wanted him.

But he would…she would make sure of that.

Tisa took a deep breath, ran her hands over her sleek, long, dark ponytail and walked into the gym wearing the skimpiest, black lycra shorts and sports bra that she could find. Her mouth watered at the sight of Kieran, dressed only in black workout shorts and sneakers, shirtless, using the lever machine. His chiseled, tan chest, cut abs, muscular arms and broad shoulders were all on display for her, covered by a light sheen of sweat. He looked absolutely edible and she wanted to take a bite. Reese was with him as usual, dressed the same way, but he had no affect whatsoever on Tisa. Kieran was her only interest at that moment and she would do whatever she had to in order to be his.

Kieran sensed her before he saw her…Tisa. What in the world was she doing here at 6am?

Reese blocked his thoughts from Tisa and spoke to Kieran telepathically. “There goes wifey and she’s dressed kind of skanky for you, too. Personally I don’t mind the look, but I can see her pussy lips through those shorts and her nipples through that skimpy sports bra. If I can see them, then she definitely wants you to see them. Why not just partake since she’s obviously handing it to you?”

“Because I don’t want her. If I sleep with her, I’ll never get rid of her,” Kieran replied as Reese smiled.

“Aren’t we the cocky one?” Reese asked.

“I’m not cocky…I just know that I’m well skilled in that area. I’m a Diagrave Shiyan. I do all things well and that includes sex. I know if we ever were in that situation, she would just want more, and since I’ve done a great job thus far of avoiding the temptation that is Tisa Lesarago, I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been doing and that’s avoiding the shit out of her. I’m not marrying her and that’s that,” Kieran replied telepathically as he saw her saunter up dressed just as Reese had said and get on the elliptical machine directly across from the weights in which he and Reese were working out on.

“That’s not what she thinks, and she’s not blocking her thoughts. Tisa’s got some pretty freaky things she wants you to do to her and vice versa, buddy…” Reese began but was interrupted by Kieran.

“I can hear them too, Reese and trust me…she won’t be getting any of those things done to her by me. Would you chill out and let me concentrate on my workout? Ignoring her sometimes works,” Kieran replied through his mind back at his friend.

“Well, with that strategically placed tramps-r-us workout outfit that she has on, ignoring her is going to be a problem and that’s exactly what she wants,” Reese replied back as he pulled the weights with his arms.

“Good morning, Reese. Good morning, Kieran. How are you today?” Tisa asked.

“We’re fine, but you…you look like you’re in a giving mood today…,” Reese began but Kieran shot him a look and continued to work out.

“What he meant to say was good morning and you’re up early. We never see anyone besides the two of us at this time of the day. What are you doing here?” Kieran inquired.

Tisa grinned at him as she walked on the elliptical machine, her firm breasts bouncing up and down. He was a man, so he looked and he couldn’t deny it. She was a beautiful woman, very desirable…but not his type.

“I usually rise early to meditate and to do weapons training, but I decided to change it up a bit and workout first. I thought I would be here alone, but this was a pleasant surprise. I haven’t seen that much of you lately and seeing you this morning just made my day,” Tisa said with a lovely smile on her face, blocking her thoughts.

Reese smiled at his friend as he lifted barbells and Kieran shot him a look. Kieran didn’t know what to say to her and he definitely did not want to encourage her, so he said, “So, how long do you workout, Tisa?”

Tisa continued to smile. “An hour...sometimes an hour and a half…6 days a week. I have to keep this body in shape and I think I’m doing a bang up job so far, wouldn’t you agree Kieran?”

Kieran replied, “Yes, Tisa…you’re definitely fit.”

Tisa laughed as she continued to workout. “Why thank you, Kieran. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.”

Reese passed a look at Kieran and they all worked out for the next 30 minutes, Tisa always managing to catch Kieran’s eyes. Kieran would look away and continue with what he was doing. He didn’t want to hurt Tisa, but she just wasn’t the one he wanted. He was careful to block his thoughts and as they were leaving, Tisa stepped in front of him.

“Leaving so soon?” Tisa asked.

Reese smiled and walked away, reminding Kieran to kill him later. “Yes, we were here at 5:45. We went a lot longer than expected. I hope you enjoy the rest of your workout, Tisa. I’ll see you later.”

Tisa stepped in front of him and put her hand on his chest, using her strength to keep him right in front of her. “Kieran, you can’t keep doing this.”

Kieran folded his arms across his chest and looked into her eyes. “Doing what?”

“Avoiding me. Don’t think that I haven’t noticed it. Whenever we are in a room together, you leave or when I approach you, you keep our encounters brief and you walk away. You never call on me. You’ve never asked me out on a date, and not once have you kissed me. The few times that we have kissed, I’ve initiated it. That’s not the way you treat your bride to be, Kieran. So I was wondering that maybe this evening we could start anew…have a little one on one time…just you and me. We need to start getting to know each other if we’re going to spend the rest of our lives together and tonight is just the beginning,” Tisa replied, licking her lips, pulling Kieran closer to her. Kieran stepped away and gently took her hands off of his chest.

“Tisa…we’re not getting married,” Kieran began.

Tisa looked at him and just smiled. “Of course we are…in a year. It’s mandated and recorded. It’s meant to be.”

Kieran hated to hurt her, but he was tired of this. “No, it’s not. Tisa, you’re a beautiful girl, but I don’t feel the same way about you that you feel about me. I’ve already began to search the laws and if I find a suitable bride, then I don’t have to marry you and Tisa…I can’t marry you. I won’t marry you…not if I don’t feel anything towards you.” Kieran walked away from her but she caught up to him and pulled him by the arm to face her. He forgot how strong she was.

Kieran fiercely blocked his thoughts as Tisa tried to get into his head, but he was stronger than her. It wasn’t going to happen. “What do you mean, like replacing me with the someone you really want to marry? You already have someone in mind, don’t you? Who is it? I know she has to be a Shiyan, of that I’m certain. I wonder who it is. Maybe it’s Bella Camara. She always had a thing for you. Or is it Grace Lineras? Hmmm…I wonder. Don’t worry your gorgeous head about it, I’ll find out and this will not go down. I’m your intended and that’s how it’s going to stay!!!! I will not let you disgrace me this way!! If you won’t be with me, I’ll make damn sure that you’re not with the one that you want! Good day, Kieran,” Tisa replied as she sauntered off angrily.

Kieran wiped his hand across his face as a deep sigh escaped his lips. “Yeah…that went real good. Fan-fuckin-tastic, Kieran.”

*********************************************************

“Umm…that was incredible,” Sienna replied as she rolled over on top of Reese on the bed in the bedroom of the secluded pool house away from the mansion. Sienna laid her sweaty face against his sweaty chest, loving the closeness and listening to his heartbeat. Reese ran his hand slowly through her hair with a satisfied grin on his face .

“You don’t have to tell me. I was here for it…both times,” Reese replied as he felt Sienna’s lips widen into a smile across his bare chest. Sienna kissed his chest softly and sighed.

“Well, it was more than twice for me, but I guess I shouldn’t be playing tit for tat right?” Sienna asked as Reese laughed lowly and kissed her on top of her head.

“No, because I only came twice. It’s so not fair, rubbing your multiples in my face,” Reese said as Sienna laughed.

“It’s a dirty job and I love to do it,” Sienna stated as she bit him lightly on his chest. “Besides, you know how I am after I…?”

“Cum? Yeah…you get a little extra chipper when you cum. See, I noticed…trust me,” Reese replied as Sienna looked over at her watch.

“Oh shit! I’ve got to do sparring with Emory in 20 minutes,” Sienna replied as she stood up and began to put her underwear on. When she pulled her jeans up, Reese moved his fingers and the jeans zippened and buttoned. When she pulled her pale blue button down on, Reese moved his fingers and buttoned her shirt.

Sienna smiled at him, then leaned over and kissed him. “Thank you.”

“No problem, baby. I gotta get going too, but do you want to meet me later on tonight…same place, around midnight?” Reese asked and was fully dressed in minutes. He pulled Sienna to him with his fingers, then wrapped his arms around her waist, looking down into her eyes. He didn’t know what it was about this girl, but he couldn’t get enough for her. He really liked her. Hell, it was more than like if he admitted it to himself.

“We should be careful, Reese. I’m sure that your Shiyan elders don’t want you running around with a Lameira Protector…no matter how cute she is,” Sienna said as Reese laughed, kissing her softly on the lips.

“No, but I’m not the one who the head job is marked for, so you don’t have to worry about that,” Reese replied as Sienna looked up at him with those beautiful brown eyes of hers.

“What if we get caught? I don’t want to cause any trouble,” Sienna replied as Reese kissed her on the forehead.

“You don’t? And just think, I thought you were trouble from the moment I laid eyes on you. Now, I’m disappointed because I love trouble,” Reese stated with a sexy grin.

“Come on…I’m serious,” Sienna replied as he pulled her closer.

“Okay, okay. You can just cast another cloaking spell and hell, if they find out, they find out. I’ve never been a stickler for the rules anyway. Besides, you’re worth breaking a few over,” Reese replied as they stared at each other. Then, Sienna narrowed her eyes at Reese and pulled out of his arms.

“Alright Reese. What’s going on here?” Sienna asked.

Reese graced her with that wonderful smile that made her want him again and again and stated, “What do you mean by that, sexy?”

“Why do I have the feeling that you want more than sex from me?” Sienna asked as she felt Reese pulling her back towards him with his powers.

“I have to admit, I’ve never been in this situation before. I’ve never just been with women who just wanted sex. Usually they fall for me and want more and more ain’t my thing,” Reese said as the back of his hand caressed her cheek. Sienna sighed, loving the way that he touched her. Sienna leaned into the caress, her eyes locked onto his.

“Good, because we can’t afford to want more,” Sienna whispered.

“I don’t think that’s true. I know I said wanting more wasn’t my thing, but that’s all changed thanks to you,” Reese replied grinning as Sienna tried to pull away from him, but her efforts were futile.

“I knew it! I knew it! You’re falling for me, aren’t you?” Sienna asked.

Reese laughed. “Yep. So, what’s the problem?”

Sienna looked at him like he was crazy. “The problem? Was the sex so good that you’ve lost all your mind?”

Reese smiled at her. “Baby, it’s always that good. What’s your point?”

“The point is, I’m a Lameira Protector, you’re a Shiyan. And besides all that, we agreed that we wouldn’t get too deep with this because of what we do. We can’t afford to,” Sienna replied.

Reese cocked his head slightly to the right and stared at her. “Sienna, I know what you are…and I’m not the most law abiding Shiyan. It wouldn’t matter. Besides, I’ve been looking for a reason to get expelled anyway. The only reason I’ve stayed as long as I have is because of Kieran and seeing that he may be out the door before me, I might as well. Now give me a kiss, gorgeous.”

Sienna just shook her head. “You can’t be serious. Unlike you, I happen to like what I do and you agreed that we would just bump pelvises. We agreed that it would be a lot easier that way.”

“I do like what I do. I like helping people and fighting the good fight. I just think the rules are ridiculous and I wanted you so I agreed to whatever you said. I said whatever you want, remember? So what’s the big deal, Trouble? Why can’t you just let this happen? What are you afraid of?” Reese asked.

“I’m not afraid of anything. It’s easier to do things on a physical level without feelings and emotions getting involved. The physical is fun, a release. The feelings, the emotions…they make you vulnerable, weak, clouds your judgment. You get hurt when you invest too much of yourself. I don’t want to be that girl. I can’t be that girl,” Sienna replied as Reese stared into her eyes. His fingers were making slow circles on the small of her back and she felt that warmth from his touch once more.

“You think that I’m going to hurt you? Sienna, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but I know that I couldn’t hurt you if I tried. Besides, you’d kick my ass. I just…well, I feel things when we make love, I feel things when I see you, when I’m with you…and I just want to see where it leads. Aren’t you the least bit curious, too?” Reese asked as Sienna sighed. She didn’t want to admit that she was getting herself in too deep in regards to her feelings towards him, but it couldn’t be ignored.

“I guess I am. Look, we really can’t do anything right now, but maybe after this whole situation is closed, maybe…just maybe…okay, I’ve got to go now. Em’s waiting on me,” Sienna replied as he grinned at her.

“Okay, I’m gonna let you go, but this ain’t over. You’re not going to make this easy, huh? That’s cool. I don’t like things that come too easily. I’ll wait. It’ll be worth it,” Reese replied.

“Whatever. I’ll see you…,” and Sienna was interrupted by Reese’s lips fusing with hers slowly. Sienna moaned and pulled him closer by his t-shirt as his tongue stroked hers, savoring the feel of his soft lips on hers. His hands were in her hair, holding her closely so that he could keep her lips cemented to his. When the kiss was over, they both were breathing heavily. Sienna hit him on his chest with her hands twice, then walked completely away from him and out the door. Reese watched her depart and took deep breaths to regain his composure. He waited five minutes after she left, then he was out the door, grinning from ear to ear.

*********************************************************

A few hours later, Emory was in one of the meditation rooms practicing levitating. The room was warm and inviting and gave Emory just the right atmosphere to concentrate in. She had been practicing for a few hours now when she felt a presence in the room. She turned around and saw Kieran leaning against the wall, his gaze fixed on her. Emory smiled at him as she placed the items that she was using for practice back where they belonged and turned around once more to face him.

“Hi. I didn’t hear you come in,” she said.

“You weren’t supposed to. What kind of Shiyan Knight would I be if I didn’t know how to sneak into places?” Kieran asked as he grinned.

Emory laughed as she walked towards where he was standing. “How long have you been there?”

“A good 15 minutes. You were totally engrossed in what you were doing and sometimes, that’s not good. You have to stop concentrating so much on one task and learn to do more than one thing at a time,” Kieran replied as he reached out to hold her hands, intertwining them with his as he pulled her closer to him.

Emory loved the way he lectured her while glancing into her eyes. He was saying one thing, but those beautiful eyes of his said something else.

“I’m trying,” Emory replied as she looked up at him, a small pout on her pretty, full lips.

Kieran laughed lowly. “I know you are, sweetheart and you’re doing a good job. I’ve never seen anyone learn to use their abilities in such a short time as you have. I’m just being a hard ass.”

“I know it comes from a good place, so it’s cool. Kieran, are you sure we’re not going to get caught? Someone could want to use this room and see…,” Emory began but Kieran’s lips silenced her. He gave her a soft, slow peck on the lips, then pulled away to look down into her eyes.

“No one knows we’re here. That door is solid wood and no one here has x-ray vision. Besides…I locked the door,” Kieran said with a devilish grin.

Emory laughed. “You locked the door, huh?”

“Yep. I didn’t want anyone to disturb the little time I have with you and if anyone came in, I could just say I was giving you levitation lessons. But, seriously, I missed you today…all day,” Kieran replied and Emory melted.

“I missed you, too,” Emory replied as she gently pried one of her hands away from his to stroke his face. Kieran closed his eyes and moved his lips towards the palm of her hand, kissing it.

“After the day I had, I had to see you. Just being here right now with you is helping me with all of the bullshit that went down today,” Kieran replied with as sigh as he leaned his forehead against hers. Emory kissed his right cheek softly, then his lips. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. Emory leaned into him, taking in his smell and his strength. She could feel how tense he was.

“What happened? Tell me,” Emory whispered and he told her about what happened with Tisa and the fact that the council found a new safe house to move her and Sienna to because they feared that the renegade Shiyans told the Midnight Brotherhood about the protocol of coming back to the compound after an infiltration.

“Where are we going?” Emory asked.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you, baby…for your safety, I can’t. The less you know, the better. The only people that know of this location is myself, my father, and Reese’s father. It’s a new one and they want to make sure that no one finds you and Sienna,” Kieran replied.

“What about my father? Is he coming too?” Emory asked.

“No. We have to keep you split up. But, trust me, he’s going to be safe. Just like you’re going to be. I’m not going to let anything happen to you, Emory. You do believe me, don’t you?” Kieran asked as one of his hands cradled her face, his thumb running along the silky soft, dark brown skin of her cheek.

“Yes, I do. I just want this all to be over with,” she whispered.

“I know…me too,” Kieran whispered back, kissing her softly on the lips. Emory felt that warmth from his lips travel through hers, then through her entire body. It felt delicious and she wanted nothing more than to let him have his way with her, but she knew that wouldn’t happen in the Shiyan compound, so she dismissed those thoughts and saw Kieran smile sexily at her.

“Don’t worry baby…it’ll happen and when it does, you won’t be sorry. Trying something like that here is dangerous. I don’t see how Sienna and Reese haven’t gotten caught yet,” Kieran replied as she sighed.

“I just want to be with you so bad. I don’t know why. I can’t explain it, but I need you,” Emory whispered as her lips drifted along his jawline, making Kieran groan.

“I think you can feel how bad I want to be with you, but it’s not the right place, Emory. It’ll be sooner than you think, trust me. I don’t know how long I can last,” Kieran whispered as Emory peppered small kisses along his jawline and neck, making him groan again.

Emory removed her lips to look up into his eyes. “I’m glad I’m not the only one suffering.”

Kieran laughed. “No, you’re not alone. Cold showers hardly help anymore. So I feel your pain, believe me.”

Emory smiled. “Good. Not good that you are suffering, but you know.”

Kieran kissed her once more on the lips, then on her forehead. “Yeah, I know.”

“Have you spoken with your father…about us?” Emory asked.

“I was going to before we left,” Kieran replied.

“When are we leaving?” Emory asked.

“In three days…at midnight. It’s better to travel under the cloak of darkness,” Kieran replied as his locator went off. He groaned as he looked down at his hip and glanced at it. It was his father.

“Always at the wrong time. I’ve gotta go, but I’ll try to come and say goodnight to you,” Kieran whispered as his hands cradled her face.

“Okay. Go,” Emory replied as Kieran leaned down and pulled her face up towards his. Emory and Kieran’s lips met each others and what started as a sweet kiss ended up being hot and passionate. Kieran pulled his lips away from hers and kissed her neck, speaking to her telepathically.

“Soon, Em,” he said.

“Do you promise because these kisses are making things worse,” Emory replied in her mind as he laughed.

“Yes. But I’ve got to go, baby. I don’t want to, but…I”ll see you later, alright?” he asked as she nodded yes. Kieran pulled away gently from her, then swooped down and gave her a soft, lingering peck on the lips. He walked away and turned around to gaze at her running her fingers along her lips. Kieran licked the taste of her lips from his and walked out of the room. Emory pulled a chair towards her with her mind and dropped into it, not knowing how she was going to continue to practice after that.

Kieran shrugged his shoulders and mentally put himself back together. His thoughts strayed for a moment to Emory and her face and her lips and then he quickly blocked her from his mind. He walked towards his father’s office quickly, not realizing that someone had been watching him and reading his thoughts.

“Well, this is a very interesting development, Kieran. You're usually good at blocking and being unreadable, but I got you...for a few seconds, I got you. So she's the reason that you can't marry me, huh? You’re in love with your little mixed breed charge. I knew there was something about her that I didn't like. I wonder how your father and the council will feel when they find out that their golden boy is breaking all the rules with that unpure little tramp. I can’t wait to be the one to tell them and watch as the proverbial shit hits the fan. This is going to be fun,” Tisa replied to herself, grinning from ear to ear. She couldn’t wait to hurt Kieran as much as he hurt her, thinking of how she was going to break this bit of news to the council.