Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 14

He was never home. Ever. Her alcoholic, gambling addicted, husband who could only get it up for a little girl, was never home. But, she didn’t care. She had access to her accounts and that was all she needed. That’s why she was in New Orleans visiting one of her many pieces on the side. This one was 39 years old and he did more than enough for her, so Lawrence Bromwell was a non-issue. Hell, the sexy white boy only thought she was two years older than him. That’s how well she aged. The term “black don’t crack” was definitely true in regards of the beauty of Delia Bromwell. She smiled to herself as she thought about last night and all the passion that occurred with Thomas. That man could go all night, she thought as she looked at the manicurist doing her nails. The next stop was Saks, courtesy of her New Orleans boytoy. As she looked at her nails, she thought about her life.

Delia was always a beautiful girl and she always used her looks to get what she wanted. Her family was one of the poorest in their town in Louisiana, but Delia had been blessed with a perfect hourglass figure, clear light caramel skin, long black hair, and light brown eyes. Her looks got her anything that she wanted and she never wanted for suitors. However, there was one chocolate dream that seemed totally out of her reach and his name was Vargas Wilson. Vargas was a few years older than her and was hardly ever in town, but when he was, he was a sight to behold. Vargas Wilson was 6’1, dark chocolate, gorgeous and fine beyond belief. He was also a good man and once Delia batted her eyelashes at him at a church picnic, he was gone.

Vargas had a lot going for him. He had a good job as an electrician on the offshore oil rigs and he was just a nice guy. Before she knew it, she began her plan to get him and fell head over heels in love with him. But she noticed that other women were trying to get what she had already claimed as hers. So, 20 year old Delia did what any poor girl working two jobs since she the age of 16 would do…she poked a hole in Vargas’ condoms and got pregnant. She put on a good show, telling him that he ruined her life and that she was a Catholic, so an abortion was out. Vargas was already in love with her and he fell for her trick hook, line, and sinker. He told her that he would marry her and take care of her and the baby. That’s all she needed to here.

They had a small wedding at his parents house in their huge backyard before she began to show and married the man that she loved with all her heart. She knew that they would have a beautiful baby because they were both very attractive. Getting pregnant was one of the best things that she could have done because it removed her from her struggling lifestyle.

After they were married, Vargas made her quit working and they lived in his apartment for three months before he surprised her with a beautiful, spacious, 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch style home. Vargas no longer wanted her to work and just wanted to take care of her and the baby. No one ever treated her the way that Vargas did and she loved her life. Vargas would be away 2 weeks at a time, with a week or two off working on the oil rig, but Delia filled the time that she missed him by keeping her home spotless and preparing for her baby. When she found out she was having a girl, she was happy, but Vargas was over the moon. He let her deck the baby’s room out with anything she wanted. It was a very happy time for her and Vargas, and although she sometimes felt bad about getting pregnant on purpose, she would look around her beautiful home and instantly forget.

Tavin Giselle Wilson was born late summer at 7lbs, 2 oz, with a headful of black curly hair and her father’s chocolate brown complexion. She was the prettiest baby, Delia thought as she looked at her nails. Delia loved her daughter, but Vargas was head over heels for Tavin and she now became the woman of the house, which caused a little problem with Delia, but she would never admit it.

The years went by and their family was happy and living very comfortably. Tavin was a sweet girl, smart, athletic and a natural born dancer. Vargas gave Tavin anything she wanted and he and Delia began to argue about that. Delia learned how to manipulate her passive husband more and more and even when he was arguing about her excessive spending, she was thinking of ways to get him to forget and she usually did. Although Delia loved her daughter, she was more of a daddy’s girl and sometimes because Tavin was such a little tomboy, they clashed. Tavin would turn more to her husband for comfort and this bothered Delia, making her sometimes resent the close bond that Vargas and Tavin had.

Then, the news came that Vargas had been killed by a drunk driver on his way home from his regular 2 week stretch and she was devastated. Although she trapped Vargas into marrying her, she did love him. He was the only man that she ever loved. Tavin was beyond consolable and the both of them would cry themselves to sleep many a night. Delia knew that Vargas had left her a considerable amount of money, but when she found out that he left Tavin, money only she could access at the age of 18, Delia was livid. Why couldn’t she get a share of those funds too?

The house was paid for, thanks to Vargas’ investments, but she was quickly going through the $400,000 that Vargas left her. She couldn’t get her hands on the $250,000 endowment that he left Tavin, and that pissed her off to no end. It’s like Vargas didn’t trust her with Tavin’s trust fund. It was as if he was still controlling her from the grave.

That’s when she decided she needed a new husband. Someone who was going to take care of her just like Vargas did. She didn’t think she would love them…no one could replace Vargas in her heart, but if he was attractive and he had enough money to take care of her and Tavin, that would be just fine.

Then she met Lawrence Bromwell at a wedding for a cousin of hers. He was attractive, nice and most of all…loaded. He was a successful business owner and after a few dates and well planned nights of seduction, she hooked him.

She never understood why Tavin never liked Lawrence. She always figured that it was because he wasn’t her father. The next thing she knew, she was Delia Bromwell. Lawrence moved she and Tavin into a lavish million dollar home and let her do what she wanted in regards to spending. He never argued with her about budgeting like Vargas did and she loved it. Of course, he was nice-looking, church going, and seemed to be decent, but he had a small penis and didn’t know what to do with it. He was horrible in bed and after being with Vargas Wilson, a sexy man who knew his way around a woman’s body, Lawrence was a disappointment. But, his money wasn’t and that’s what she wanted.

Janae Aleese Bromwell was a pretty brown baby born in the spring. Tavin adored her little sister and Delia was at least happy of that fact. Ever since she married Lawrence, she and Tavin hadn’t been as close as before, so she basically stopped trying. Tavin had the best dance teachers, gymnastics…anything to keep her occupied so that Delia wouldn’t have to be bothered with that look that she would give her, like she was disappointed in her or something. Janae was another happy little girl who Lawrence left totally up to her to raise.

After she had Janae, Lawrence stopped wanting her. He stopped having sex with her, which was fine because she found her a few discreet pieces on the side who fulfilled her every sexual wish. She knew something had to be wrong with him, because after two children, she still retained her figure, maybe ten pounds or so heavier, but she was still in great shape.

The years went by and she wanted for nothing. She began to hear rumors about Lawrence messing with some of the little girls at church, but she paid it no mind. He was a weird man, but she couldn’t believe that. Then, Tavin began to act strangely and when her child came to her along with Nichelle and Tammy Waters to tell her that Lawrence had been molesting Tavin and he raped her, she didn’t know what to do. She knew Tavin wasn’t a bad child and she knew she didn’t lie, but if she gave into it, she would lose everything. If he did it, he wouldn’t do it again, she thought. She turned the blame on Tavin, who was a very pretty girl and had her gorgeous figure, stating that she enticed Lawrence.

For as long as she lived, she would never live down the day that Tavin told her she no longer had a mother and she was going to live with Tammy Waters. The look that Tavin gave her was one of pure disgust, hatred. But, she had to live her lifestyle. She loved her home, her money and yes, she loved her daughter, but maybe it was best that she left. She figured one day that she would be able to get Tavin to forgive her, but Tavin was a grown woman who was married to a wealthy young man with two of the most beautiful children…her grandchildren. Grandchildren she was never allowed to see or talk to. The only reason she knew how they looked was because she bumped into Tammy Waters who showed her a picture of Kendall and Ashton. They were so beautiful, she thought as she smiled to herself.

Then, she thought of what Lawrence did to Janae. She had been blessed with two beautiful, sweet daughters and Lawrence destroyed both of their innocence. He didn’t go as far as he did with Tavin, but still. How could you do that to your own daughter, she thought? How could she let him do what he did to her children? She basically gave Janae to Tavin when she was 15 because Janae wouldn’t let what Lawrence did go and she was a reminder of how sick her husband really was. Delia looked down at her nails and sighed. What kind of woman was she to let this happen, to lose her children?

It was simple. Delia was selfish and she loved her lifestyle. Her children didn’t need her, but she needed her money and that was enough for her.

Every year, she sent Christmas gifts and birthday gifts to Kendall and Ashton and every year they were returned, unopened. She would continue to send those gifts…no matter what, she thought as she looked at her hands. She had been calling Janae often these last few years and was met with short, clipped responses, but at least Janae spoke to her. Tavin would simply hang up on her and she very well couldn’t blame her. No one would believe it, but she did love her daughters…in her own way.

She knew her husband wasn’t being very smart in regards to his business and other dealings, which prompted her to reach out to her daughters more. She knew she wasn’t there when they needed her, but maybe if she showed a little effort, they would be there for her if she needed them. She knew that her husband was taking on more investors with his businesses, which meant that his ownership shares were dwindling. His decisions in the last few years had not been smart ones. He had been gambling more and drinking and she was tired of paying off the families of the little girls that he had molested. It was all so tiring. She knew that she would go to hell for all that she allowed him to do, but she wasn’t in hell now and she had to live…she had to survive.

*********************************************************

“Lovely, I’m back! You have no idea how happy I am that the rugrats are at my folks for the weekend. I really love ‘em…I do, but we haven’t spent time alone in what…months? I got some plans for you, girl. We gonna do some real freaky shit all over this house, babe. How does that sound?” Cameron yelled as he walked into his home one Friday afternoon, the smell of gumbo wafting through the air.

“Tav, where are you? And why are you cooking? Not that I’m complaining against gumbo, but baby…we’re kid free for two whole days. No time for cooking, or cleaning or anything like that. Just time to fuck all over this house. Time to get down with the sexin’. I want you wobbling when I’m done,” he yelled as he walked into the kitchen and pulled the top off the pot. Usually, at this time, Tavin would yell at him to get out of her pot, or she would stab him with a spoon, but he didn’t hear anything. Something was up, he thought as he continued to get caught in the aromas coming from the pot.

“Damn, this smells good! Is it finished, because it smells finished. I hope you had a V8 girl because I’m going all night in that ass,” Cameron stated aloud to himself. Tavin still hadn’t surfaced, so he decided to walk into their bedroom. Tavin was sitting on the floor, in what she called house clothes…black Capri jogging pants and a white wifebeater, just staring at two boxes. He looked at his wife and grinned. She was so beautiful, he thought as he stared at her brown face, her shoulder length black hair pulled into a high ponytail. He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, then on the lips as she smiled softly.

“Hey, baby mama, why are you on the floor? Did you order me something special for Christmas?” he asked, then she spoke, her eyes focused on the packages.

“Hey crazy ass. I heard all that shit you were talking and you better come correct,” Tavin said as he grinned.

“You know I always do you right, sexy and I plan to do it to you…all night…tomorrow …Sunday morning,” he whispered as he kissed her again.

“You’re still a perv,” she said.

“And you know this. You know we don’t get many opportunities like this. Usually we’re getting quickies in the bathroom, but now we can do it how we used to…at least for a few days. Where are we gonna start, baby? In the living room, in the office? I say we get it on outside on the balcony. I haven’t tapped that ass outside in a long time,” he asked as he looked at her staring at the packages.

Tavin shook her head and looked at him. “Why did I marry your ass again?”

“Because you love me, you couldn’t see yourself with anyone else, I’m hot, and I make you hot,” he said as he placed a peck on those beautiful lips of hers once more.

“Oh yeah. For the sex. That’s right. Did the kids get off okay?” she asked. Tavin was always so cautious when it came to the kids, because of what happened to her. Kendall didn’t sleep out by his parents until she was 5 years old and Tavin still had her reservations. He understood, but he had to let her know that no one in his family would hurt the kids like that. It was hard at first, but now she was better with letting them go.

“Yeah, they were excited. Mom and Pops got all of the kids over for the weekend. I told them good luck because they were going to need it,” he said as he moved and pulled her on his lap. His chin sat on her shoulder as he inhaled her scent. She smelled like gumbo and that tropical body lotion that she used. He pulled her chin with his finger so that he could see her eyes. When he looked into them, he saw that they were glassy, wet with tears threatening to fall from her their dark brown depths.

“What’s going on, Tav? What’s with the tear filled eyes and the packages?” he asked as she pushed them over and pointed with her finger to the Sender’s address. Cameron sighed. They were form Delia. When would this woman stop?

“She’s still doing it. Why? She’s never going to see them. Why does she think this is going to get her closer to them...closer to me?” Tavin asked as the tears escaped her eyes after she blinked. Cameron wiped off the errant tears gently with the pad of his thumb and looked into his wife’s eyes. Cameron ran his hand along her back and Tavin nestled her head in the crook of her neck.

“Baby, I don’t know. Maybe she feels that gives her a way to be closer to them. I don’t know,” he said. Tavin eased closer into her husband’s warmth, loving his scent and the way his large, firm hand rubbed her back.

“She had her chance and she blew it. I mean, what does she think? That I’m just going to instantly forget what she did to me and Doodles and let her back into our lives? That eight years is enough for me to forgive and forget?” Tavin asked. He didn’t answer her. He just let the silence that encompassed them for several minutes give her the response she was looking for.

“I’m not letting her get near my babies, Cameron,” she said as he held her.

“I know, sweetheart. You won’t get any arguments from me. She won’t ever have a chance to do that, so stop worrying. Lovely, I don’t want this to take over our time together. Come on, baby, let me up,” he said softly as Tavin sat up and stood. Cameron pulled himself up right behind her.

“So this is what I’m going to do. Give me those. I’m going to bring them down to the trash compactor and make sure they’re grinded up so that we never have to see them again. When I get back, it’s all about us, and this big ass empty house. Alright?” he asked as she nodded. Cameron pulled her in his arms and hugged her tight. Tavin held on to him tight and he kissed her on the top of her head. Their embrace ended and Cameron leaned down and picked up the packages and walked out of the door. Tavin walked into the kitchen and stirred the gumbo that was cooking. Delia was a piece of work, she thought. The calls to Janae and the early Christmas gifts…something just wasn’t right, she thought. As she stirred, she thought about her kids and how much she was going to miss them as a smile came to her face. Then, she felt two arms go around her waist and soft kisses on her neck.

“Guess who?” Cameron asked.

Tavin smiled. “That hot little Fed Ex guy. I told you never in the house. My husband may show up.” Cameron spun her around, picked her up, carried her to the other side of the kitchen and placed her on top of the counter. He stood in between her legs and gave her a heated look from his green eyes.

“Tav, you’d better be kidding or the next time dude delivers a package, he’s not going to make it away from here,” Cameron stated as Tavin shrugged her shoulders. She placed her arms around his neck and smiled.

“What are you gonna do if I’m not?” Tavin asked.

Cameron grinned at her as pulled her legs around his waist. “This,” he whispered as he leaned over and kissed her on the lips. The man’s kisses still made her go weak in the knees, she thought as they kissed on the counter. His lips traveled from her lips, to her neck as his finger slipped the left shoulder of her wifebeater off, kissing the exposed skin there.

“Oh…that,” she whispered as her fingers went into the back of his head, running through his hair. He leaned up and looked into her eyes.

“I want you to forget about those packages and I want you to forget about the damn Fed Ex guy and concentrate on me and you and what I’m going to do to you on this counter. Okay?” he asked as his fingers pulled down her pants right along with her panties.

“If you insist,” Tavin stated as she pulled his face back to hers and kissed him. He was hurriedly working at his pants and when he got them down, he pulled her to the edge of the counter. Tavin put both legs up at the knees and spread her legs. Cameron stared at her and licked his lips. She was wet and ready and he couldn’t wait any longer.

“Um, look at that pretty shit…damn you’re sexy,” he whispered as he pulled her closer and the next thing Tavin knew, she gasped loudly as he entered her and moved inside of her. There were moans an groans for a few minutes, then Cameron pulled her legs on his shoulders and Tavin moaned loudly, loving the deepness of the new position.

“I bet the fuckin’ Fed Ex dude can’t make you do that,” he whispered as he kissed her on the lips. Tavin kissed him back as she closed her eyes, enjoying the hard thrusts that were entering her body. The man knew her body so well, she thought as her head leaned to the side.

“Hell no, he can’t. Umm…baby…that’s so…ummm…I love you so much, Cameron,” she whispered emotionally. He always made her feel so good.

“I know,” he whispered as he groaned at the way she felt around him. Every time she said that to him, he knew what he had to do…make her happy, keep her safe, keep her as in love with him as he was with her. He couldn’t imagine loving anyone as much as he loved Tavin. He wanted to make her forget all of the bad things and from the sound of his name that she kept repeating with a moan escaping her lips and the nails in his back, he was doing just that. Tavin just let Cameron take her along for the ride, thoughts of Delia and all the bad stuff gone.

*********************************************************
Danielle woke up and felt someone staring at her. She realized that she wasn’t in her bed and a smile spread across her face. She opened her eyes fully and looked up into Brandon’s.

“I know I’m hot, but I’m a hot mess first thing in the morning. Don’t worry, give me 30 minutes after a hot shower and a little make-up and I’ll be the finest thing you’ve ever laid your eyes on,” Danielle said as she pulled the covers over her naked body. Brandon sat up on his elbow and ran his thumb along her back, causing her to shiver.

“You’re the finest thing I’ve ever seen now. You don’t need anything else…well, except this,” he whispered as he leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips. After the kiss, Danielle grinned.

“Good…no tongue. Mouth is so not fresh right now,” she said as the side of his hand ran up and down her back softly.

“You’re perfect. Didn’t I show you that last night…and earlier this morning?” he asked as he stared at her.

Danielle said, the delicious soreness between her legs reminding her. “Yeah, you did.”

“See, I told you. Dani, I have something to talk to you about,” he replied.

“Sounds serious,” she said sitting up. He looked into her eyes as he spoke to her.

“It is. My family wants to meet you,” he said as she sighed.

“What do you think about that?” Danielle asked.

“My gut is telling me it’s a bad idea, but I want to get it over with. They won’t let me rest until they meet you and I want them to meet you. I want them to see how lucky I am and what a sexy, beautiful girl I got,” he replied, taking her hand and lacing her fingers with his. Danielle grinned.

“I don’t know, B. This is a big thing,” Danielle stated. Brandon took her hand that was laced with his and placed it on his semi-erect penis and stared at her.

This is a big thing. Meeting Randolph and Penelope is just that…meeting them. So, come on baby. Please? I need you with me for Christmas and I want you with me,” he pleaded.

“On one condition,” she said as he smiled, her free hand running a finger across his beautiful lips.

“Anything,” he replied.

“You give me the big thing once more before breakfast?” Danielle asked with a sexy grin. Brandon pulled the sheet away slowly and stared at her naked breasts.

“I can do,” he said pulling her left nipple into his mouth. “I can definitely do that.”

*******************************************************************

Taylor was kissing Janae on the back of the neck as she drank her juice and read the newspaper that Saturday morning.

“Baby, not fair. You’re going to work and you’re trying to start me again. Not cool,” Janae said.

“I can’t help it. You’re just…irresistible,” he whispered as he spun her around in the bar stool to look at her beautiful face. His right hand caressed her cheek.

“So are you, which is why if you don’t stop that, you’re going to be late. How long are you going to be?” Janae asked. He gave her a peck on the tip of her nose, both cheeks then her lips.

“I should be finished with this by 1pm. You want to meet me in my office? We can break in the couch?” he inquired as she laughed. She kissed him on the lips, staring at his handsome face.

“We haven’t done that yet, have we?” she asked. Taylor pulled his bottom lip into his mouth and grinned.

“Nah uh. So can we…huh, huh?” he asked, acting like a little boy. Janae laughed and kissed him once more.

“Okay, but later, I don’t want to go out…maybe for a late lunch, but I want to come back here and just lay next to you, watch a few scary movies, eat some take out? Is that cool?” she asked.

“Yeah, whatever you want babygirl, but right now, I’ve got to go. Give me the luscious,” he said as she laughed and gave him a long, passionate kiss before he walked out the door.

Taylor licked his lips and said. “That should get me through the morning. You love me?”

“Fo’ sho,” she said. He picked up his briefcase, pecked her lips once more and walked out of the door. He peeked his head back in and said, “You think between the scary movie and the take out that I could get some?”

“Bye Taylor. Have a good day,” she said rolling her eyes and shaking her head as he gave her a grin and a wink and walked out of the door.

Taylor smiled as he pushed the elevator to go down, thinking about this deal that he had to close this morning, as well as the offer that was accepted on that new business venture. I’m doing this for Janae and Tav, he thought. Once he brought half of the shares in Bromwell Chevrolet and Bromwell Chrysler, it would only be a matter of time before the man sold most of them, considering his cash flow problems as of late. Taylor would make sure that Lawrence Bromwell paid for what he did to his babygirl and Tav…one way or the other.