Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 15

Taylor was tying up some loose ends for the upcoming Christmas holiday, which was three days away. He still had some last minute shopping to do and he planned on doing that once he left for the day. He tried to get the little argument that he and Janae had a few days earlier out of his head, but he couldn’t. It was a stupid argument, but most of the ones they had were. The stress of their jobs was pooling into their relationship and this fight, which was not their business as far as he concerned, was one of the stupidest that they ever had.

Flashback...three mornings ago

“Yeah, Dani. I think that would be a great thing to do. Fresh flowers always do the trick. Uh huh. I know girl. Yeah. No, it won’t. Okay. I’ll see you at rehearsal. Bye,” Janae said as she closed her cell phone. Taylor was looking at her from the newspaper that he was reading, drinking coffee.

“This is a big deal….Dani meeting Brandon’s family for Christmas, don’t you think?” Janae asked as Taylor just shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah…I wish her luck. She’s going to need it,” Taylor said as he took a sip from the white coffee mug that was in his right hand, not taking his eyes off of the paper.

Janae looked over at him as she was packing her duffle bag. “What do you mean by that, Taylor?” she asked. She was not in the mood for vagueness. She was on the last day of her period, and she hadn’t been getting much sleep due to the all week Holiday Extravangaza that her company was putting on. She was tired and they had been getting into little arguments for the past two weeks. Looks like this was going to be the start of another one.

“I mean, I can’t believe that Brandon is going to introduce her to Randy and Penny,” Taylor stated shaking his head.

“I guess he thought it was time. What do you mean you can’t believe it?” Janae asked.

“Randolph and Penelope Lanero are…Randolph is okay, but Penny is an absolute bitch and once she sees Danielle, it’s gonna be some shit,” Taylor stated.

“Why would she start something if it was her idea to invite Danielle in the first place? She knows that Danielle is black, so maybe you’re wrong,” Janae stated.

“Maybe I’m not. Baby girl, that woman is all about image. She’s been trying to set Brandon up with blonde, perky, little, blue blood debutantes ever since he turned 16. Brandon would date them, get bored and dump them. She would fix him right back up, until he told her to back off a few years ago. I feel sorry for Danielle. She doesn’t know what she’s going into,” Taylor said.

“Brandon wouldn’t just do that, so it must be okay. Maybe I can ask him about it and…,” Janae said.

“No, it’s not our business, Nay. Stay out of it,” Taylor said in a commanding tone.

“Excuse me. I know you’re not trying to dictate what I should and shouldn’t do,” Janae said as she narrowed her eyes at Taylor. Taylor looked at her and realized that he may get punched in the face, so he decided to change the tone of his voice.

“I’m just saying, Nay…it’s their business,” he said.

“But that’s my best friend,” Janae replied placing her hand on one hip and shifting her weight to the right.

“I understand that, but Danielle is a big girl. I’m sure Brandon told her to stay on her toes…she’s going to have to. Just stay out of it. It really doesn’t concern you,” Taylor said.

“Why are you being so negative about this?” Janae asked, her fingernails cutting into the palm of her hand.

“I’m not being negative…just realistic,” Taylor stated.

“Isn’t it possible that his mother’s intentions are good and maybe, just maybe she’s changed?” Janae asked.

Taylor laughed and shook his head. “Unless Penelope’s had an out of body experience, the notion of her changing is pretty far fetched. You gotta stop being so naïve, baby girl,” he replied.

Janae was getting more angry by the minute. “I’m not naïve. I just believe that people can change…if they really want to, they can.”

“Baby, I’m just trying to be real with you. Penelope Lanero is not going to be thrilled when she sees Danielle and her brown skin walking into her house, no matter what she says. Her nose has always been so far up in the air, I’m surprised her neck isn’t crooked. That lady is all about bloodlines and old money…she hates the nouveau riche and…I’m just tellin’ you that I feel for Danielle because she ain’t gonna receive a warm welcome from Penelope…of this, I’m sure,” Taylor said.

“You don’t know everything, Taylor and on that note, I’m going to leave. I have a late rehearsal, so I’m just gonna go home. I’ll see you,” Janae said as she hurriedly walked out of Taylor’s house. Taylor threw the paper down. Shit, what just happened, he asked himself.
********************************************************
The next evening, Janae walked into her apartment starving and sleepy. She had some leftovers still in the fridge and all she wanted was to take a hot shower, eat and go to sleep. It was weird not speaking to Taylor or talking to him, but she was pissed off at him. She walked into her apartment and saw Taylor sitting on her sofa. She looked on her counter and saw a huge bouquet of pink tulips. She smiled as she took off her bag and her coat.

“Hey baby girl,” he whispered, as he looked her over. Janae looked at that gorgeous face of his and realized how much she missed him…even if it was only three days.

“Hey. What are you doing here?” Janae asked.

“I missed you. Got tired of trying to be the one who holds out. I’ve been hugging your pillow for the last couple of days. Kept missing the cute way you stretch when you wake up…the way you hop up and down on your toes while you’re brushing your teeth like it helps get your teeth cleaner. I just missed you. I’m sorry for the dumb shit that came out of my mouth. She’s your best friend. You know her better than me and I should have just kept my mouth closed,” Taylor replied as Janae walked over to the sofa. Janae was going to sit down next to him, but Taylor wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her onto his lap. Janae looked down into those mesmerizing hazel eyes of his and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I’m sorry for getting so pissy, but you had a point. It wasn’t my business and I know Brandon wouldn’t let anything happen to her. Hell, Danielle won’t let anything happen, so…I guess we’re even,” she said as she leaned her forehead against his.

“Good. Can I get a kiss now?” Taylor asked as Janae grinned.

“What took you so long?” Janae asked as his hands framed her face with a grin, his lips falling on hers. Taylor’s tongue ran sensually along Janae’s as he kissed her slowly and deeply. When Janae felt him suck on her tongue, then pull her bottom lip into his mouth, sucking gently on it, she moaned deeply while Taylor growled. When he had his fill of her lips, his lips began to kiss along her neck. Janae’s fingers wound in his dark, silky hair and moaned.

“That feels so good…but you have to stop,” Janae whispered.

“The only thing I have to do is love you and kiss you and fuck you until you’re walking funny,” Taylor whispered as his tongue licked the side of her neck. Janae groaned.

“You say the dirtiest things,” Janae whispered.

“I’m horny, baby. Of course I’m sayin’ that shit. You have no idea how much I want you right now,” Taylor whispered as he continued to kiss her neck.

Janae wanted him too, but she didn't say it. She just moaned as his sexy lips moved along her skin. “Ummm...I need to take a shower. I’m sweaty,” Janae whispered.

Taylor smiled against her neck as he kissed it, his lips capturing her earlobe, slowly sucking on it. “And I’m really good with a loofah, but you know that already, don’t you sweetheart?”

Janae loved the way his lips felt on her. “You sure are, but I really, really have to take a shower, Tay. You know what you usually do when we get in?”

Taylor’s lips kissed to the other side of her neck as he chuckled, then ran his tongue along the end of her earlobe. “Yeah…I fuck your brains out.”

Janae bit her lip, feeling the moisture pool in the vee of her legs. “Yeah, and I have to wait for the water to get hot to get clean and I…well…I’m tired and…we can…but it has to…ummm,” she stated as she felt Taylor stand up and pick her up, his lips still on her neck and ear.

“Don’t worry about it, baby. I’ll take good care of you. I’ll make sure you’re squeaky clean,” he replied as he kissed her once more, walking towards the bathroom.

“I’ve heard that shit before…and it takes up to an hour to get clean,” Janae replied, getting more turned on by the minute. Taylor slowly put her down and his hands went to her sweater to take off and throw across the bathroom.

“You know you like it,” Taylor whispered as he kissed her lips, then her neck as he undressed her.

“Yeah, I do,” Janae whispered as Taylor pulled her pants down off her legs with her panties, kissing her legs along the way.

********************************************************
“Damn…nice digs,” Danielle replied to Brandon as she looked around the luxurious Upper East Side penthouse, sipping apple cider.

“Yeah, well it’s not mine…it’s for Randall and Penelope. Hey, are you alright?” Brandon asked. He saw the way his mother looked at Danielle and he didn’t like it.

“I’ve dealt with worst. When the shit really hits the fan, you’ll know. But, I like your little brother, your dad and your sister. She’s cool,” Danielle said of Brandon’s older sister Dabny.

“Yeah, Dab’s something. My dad and Perrin…well, you’re hot. Of course they like you,” Brandon said as he took the cider out of her hand and softly ran his hand along her right cheek. Danielle laughed as she looked up into his eyes and smiled.

“You really know how to make a girl feel all warm and fuzzy inside,” Danielle whispered as his head leaned down. Her head leaned forward to meet his lips.

“And wet and slippery and hot…let’s not forget those,” he whispered as his head inched down, a smile on his lips.

“Those are the most important,” Danielle whispered before she got lost in the softness of Brandon’s lips. His hands softly cradled her face as they kissed and he pulled apart to say, “so sweet,” as his lips reclaimed hers and that’s when they heard someone clearing their throat. It was Penelope Lanero and right behind her was Dabny and Perrin with smiles on their faces.

Brandon slowly pulled away from Danielle’s lips and Danielle used her thumb to lightly remove her lipgloss from his lips. Brandon looked over at his mother.

“Yes, mother?” he asked.

“Dinner is ready,” she said with a tight smile on her lips. Danielle licked her lips as Brandon picked up her hand, intertwined it with his much larger one and walked into the dining room.

Brandon leaned over and whispered, “Welcome to the Lion’s Den, Dani. You think you can handle it?”

“No doubt. My name is Danielle, remember...female version of Daniel. This should be a cake walk,” she said with a grin as they made their way into the room.

*********************************************************

Brandon didn’t know how much more he could take. His mother started out being nice, falsely of course, and for the last fifteen minutes, she’s been acting like a stuck-up bitch, grilling Danielle, who was answering her and handling her own at every turn. He was proud of her and the wink that he received from Dabny and the smile from Perrin helped a lot.

Danielle knew what this hoity toity woman was about. She was insinuating and being a racist bitch, but Danielle knew how to handle her. Anything she said, Danielle answered back respectfully, but honestly. Then, when she began to talk about Hurricane Katrina, Danielle lost it.

“So, you’re from Louisiana, Danielle?” Penelope asked.

Danielle responded. “Yes.”

“I take it that you were one of those Katrina victims,” she said with such disdain that Danielle wanted to scream.

“No, I wasn’t, but half my family is from New Orleans…they lost everything. It was terrible,” Danielle said.

“I know. I went down for about three months to volunteer and it looked like a bomb went off. The devastation…,” Dabny began but her mother sighed.

“Oh, it wasn’t that bad. Most of those people need to be glad Katrina got them out of the projects. And the ones that didn’t live in the projects had insurance. They blew this whole thing out of proportion, if you ask me,” Penelope replied.

Dabny said, “You’ve got to be kidding me, mother? You haven’t been there…I was there. It was horrible…it still is. New Orleans East and the Ninth Ward, particularly the lower ninth ward, looks like a third world country. The government still hasn’t done as much as they should have.”

“Yeah, well…I still don’t see why you left for several months to go down there. Those people only wanted a handout and…”, Penelope began, but was disrupted by her husband.

“Penelope, that’s enough,” he said.

“Excuse me…those people?” Danielle asked angrily. Brandon stared at his mother, laughed.

“That’s it. I knew it was too good to be true. You’re truly a piece of work, Penny,” Brandon stated as he took Danielle’s hand and held it.

“Mother, I can’t believe you,” Perrin replied.

“Oh, I can’t believe you…all three of you. All your life you’ve had the best schools, clothes…,”

“Nannies,” Dabny replied. Penelope narrowed her eyes at Dabny as she continued to speak.

“You’ve been afforded every privilege, every luxury and Perrin drops out of law school in his second year to start a band. Brandon doesn’t even work for the company and after all the eligible young women I introduce him to, he comes here with this…this girl. I know how they are…she’s nothing but a little gold digger. She wants you for your money…,”

“Don’t talk about her like that, mother,” Brandon said stressing mother as he looked angrily at his mother.

“Penelope…THAT’S ENOUGH! Apologize to Danielle,” Randolph exclaimed.

“I will not. She’s only after Brandon because she knows how much he stands to inherit…,” Penelope replied.

“Someone has selective memory. Isn’t that the reason you married daddy or is granny lying?” Dabny asked.

“I’m just stating the truth and my family had it’s own money Dabny,” Penelope stated.

“Not from what I remember…granddaddy was flat broke and that’s when you trapped daddy with me…that’s the story that I was told,” Dabny said drinking from her wine glass with a grin as she winked at Danielle. Perrin and Brandon smiled at her.

“Dabny…enough,” Randolph stated.

“She does everything she can to hurt me. She lives like a gypsy, traipsing all over the country with a law degree from Stanford that she uses at that Legal Aid office. She won’t settle down or bring any young, eligible men here to at least show that's she's interested in settling down…,” Penelope said while Perrin began coughing.

Dabny smiled at her mother. “Mother…I’ve been licking girls since I was 14 years old…I’m so not into the sausage. Danielle, you’ve got me to thank for Brandon’s tongue action. I taught him and Perrin how to lick …”

“…Dabny Juliana Lanero, we don’t want to hear that,” her father said.

“Okay, daddy. I just wanted mother to know that I’m never bringing a guy home because I’m a HUGE LESBIAN with a girlfriend at home…she knows who Tammy is,” Dabny said as Danielle, Perrin and Brandon laughed.

“See what this girl has started…their kind always starts trouble…,” Penelope said.

“That’s it. We’re out of here. It’s been real family. Come on sweetheart, let’s go.,” Brandon stated as they stood up to leave. Brandon pulled out her chair, placing her hand in his.

Danielle was fuming, but she kept her anger in check. “Perrin, Dabny, Mr. Lanero…it was a pleasure. Mrs. Lanero…I wasn’t disappointed. You were just what I assumed when you first looked at me without giving me a chance…a judgmental, racist bitch. Merry Christmas, everyone,” She said as she began to walk out with Brandon with an open mouthed Penelope. Brandon just squeezed her hand.

Dabny began to laugh along with Perrin. “Way to go Danielle. B, you got a keeper. Call me so you two can have dinner with Tam and I.”

“I will. Love you, Dab…you too Perry. Bye Dad. Mother…I knew it. You never dissapoint,” Brandon replied as he walked out of the penthouse with Danielle.

Dabny smiled as Perrin asked with a grin, “Peas anyone?”

*********************************************************

Danielle and Brandon ended up at Tavin and Cameron’s home for Christmas dinner with the Caldwell family. Later that evening, as Danielle was getting out of the shower, Brandon walked in as she dressed for the night. Danielle sat on the edge of the bed after she finished dressing. He watched her pick up her scented Jasmine vanilla lotion and rub the white mixture into her arms. Brandon stood in the doorway in a faded green t-shirt and grey jogging pants.

“Hey gorgeous,” he replied from the doorway. Danielle looked up at him and grinned.

“Hey yourself. Everything locked up?” Danielle asked as she yawned.

“Yeah,” he replied.

“That jambalaya that Tav cooked was sooo good. I was so glad that they had a little for me to bring back,” Danielle replied. Brandon walked over to her and kneeled in front of her. He took the lotion from her and squirted some into his hands. He began to rub the lotion between his large hands, then he slowly rubbed it onto her right leg. Danielle’s arms were behind her as she watched him gently moisturize her leg.

Brandon looked up at her as he rubbed the lotion into her calf. “Yeah. Sweetheart…I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to let you walk into that. I knew it was too good to be true. Her calling me and telling me that she wanted to meet you and my father telling me how she wanted to mend fences with me. Great way to start, Penny.”

Danielle ran her fingers through his dark hair as his hands worked their way to her thighs. “Brandon, I knew what your mother was about the moment I stepped foot into that house. I’ve dealt with people like that before.”

“Yeah, but it doesn’t make it right. You shouldn’t have to deal with that crap. You know I don’t believe that gold digger shit, don't you?” he asked as he looked up at her.

Danielle sighed as the wonderful feeling of his hands on her skin calmed her. “I know, but it just makes me wonder…you can have anyone…”

Brandon interrupted her as he placed more lotion in between his hands, rubbed them together and began to rub her left leg, staring into her eyes. The soft, silkiness of her sexy legs were making him hard. But he couldn’t think about that now. He had to reassure her that she was all he wanted. “Don’t do that, Danielle. I have who I want and that’s you. Don’t ever second guess that, baby.”

Danielle sighed as his hands went from her left calf to her left thigh. “It’s just that…she made me seem like I was small…insignificant.”

Brandon looked away from her and shrugged his shoulders. “You only had to deal with it for a few hours…I’ve had to deal with it since birth. I won’t subject you to her again… I promise.”

Danielle smiled. “Good.”

“Besides…a judgmental, racist bitch has no place in our world, right?” Brandon asked as he laughed. Danielle smiled.

“I just call ‘em like I see ‘em,” Danielle said as Brandon finished massaging her legs. Danielle eased back on the bed as Brandon crawled to her and settled between her legs.

“I loved it. The look on her face was priceless. I wish I had a camera,” Brandon said as he kissed her lightly on the lips, simultaneously pulling her white cotton bikinis down her legs. He kissed her legs as he pulled her Las Vegas night shirt up. Danielle helped him and threw it off her body, her hands pulling his t-shirt off.

“I know…me too. Brandon…stop apologizing. You’re not responsible for the stupid shit that comes out of your mother’s mouth. It’s over. Can we just enjoy the rest of our Christmas?” Danielle asked staring at Brandon’s tanned, muscled, gorgeous body.

"Whatever you want, sexy," he whispered as he stared down into her eyes and smiled as his head lowered to pull her right nipple into his mouth.

"You are so beautiful, Danielle," he whispered as Danielle’s back arched, awaiting Brandon's full thrust inside of her.

“Umm, baby,” she whispered. He felt so good, she thought. When they came together, nothing else existed to her. She got lost in the man.

“You always feel so good, Dani,” he whispered as her inner, wet, hot walls snuggled his penis. Danielle moaned as her fingers clawed into his back and her legs wrapped around his waist. Brandon stopped sucking her nipple and nipped her lips with his as he moved slowly inside of her, loving the moans that escaped her lips. Brandon stared into her eyes as he thrusted his hardened length inside of her.

“Damn...I love you so much, Danielle. Merry Christmas, baby,” he whispered, moving surely, but slowly inside of her tightness, reveling in the wetness and warmth of her.

“Merry Christmas to you too…umm, you know I love you, Brandon,” she whispered, her back arching after Brandon hit her spot.

“I know, sweetheart…I know,” he whispered.

"Keep moving just like that, baby," she whispered.

"You don't want me to go faster, baby...harder?" he asked as he stroked steadily inside of her, looking into her eyes.

"Not yet, Brandon. Just keep it right there...right there...pleasseee," she moaned.

"I will, baby...just for you," he whispered as they continued to make love through the rest of the holiday night.