Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 16

Everything was going well for the next two months with everyone, then the shit began to hit the fan. It all began with the information that Janae overheard as she walked into Taylor's apartment.

It all started after Valentine’s Day when Janae decided to surprise Taylor for a little afternoon delight. He had been working at home for most of the week and she wanted to make his day…and hers too. Janae slipped into the house, carefully closing the door when she realized Taylor’s office door was closed. Why would his door be closed, she thought as she slowly walked to the door. She heard Cameron, Logan and Taylor’s voice.

“Well, I found out from Donovan that he’s been gambling through some guys who do work for his family. From what I understand, he owes them about $500,000 and he can’t pay it. All the money that he got from the sales of the dealerships, he’s spent,” Cameron stated.

“I can’t believe he actually sold his shares,” Taylor said.

“Believe it. The best way to get to people who have money is to take it away,” Cameron said.

“So, he’s officially broke?” Taylor asked.

“Yep…and he has the mob on his ass,” Cameron stated.

“And both Bromwell dealerships belong to Janae…it’s all legal, all in black and white,” Logan stated. Janae took a deep breath, then opened the door and swallowed.

“What did he just say?” Janae asked as Logan and Cameron looked at her, then Taylor.

“Hey baby…what are you…,” Taylor began to ask but Janae put up a finger.

“Don’t ‘hey baby’ me, Taylor! What the hell did he say…my dad…the dealerships…what?!” Janae yelled.

“Babygirl, why don’t you go outside and wait for me and I’ll explain…,” Taylor said as he slowly walked over to her and pulled her hands in his. Janae pulled them away and stood ramrod straight.

“Oh shit…I know what happens next. I know this all too well. Tavin does it all the time and it’s nothin’ nice,” Cameron whispered to Logan. Janae's right hand went on her hip, all of her weight shifted to the right and her left hand went in the air, with one finger sticking up.

“Oh, hell no. You ain’t playin’ me like I’m some delicate airhead that needs you to sit me down, take your time and break it down easy. Fuck that! I’m a grown ass woman, Taylor. Give it to me straight. I want you tell me exactly what you did…right now!” Janae yelled as Logan and Cameron looked at Taylor.

“We bought your father out of his dealerships…he no longer owns them…you do,” Taylor replied.

Janae shook her head and walked out of the office with the three Caldwell brothers following far behind her.

“So that’s what your special project was? Why didn’t you tell me?” Janae asked in a shaky voice.

“I was going to tell you everything…when the time was right,” Taylor said, placing both his hands in his khaki slacks pockets.

Janae just stared at him, shaking her head. “When the time was right, huh? Hold that thought.” Janae said as she whipped her cell phone out.

“Oh shit…you know who she’s calling, don’t you?” Taylor asked to Cameron as he walked over to her to try and take the phone from her. Janae gave him a sneer so evil that he was actually afraid.

“Doodles…don’t call your sister,” Cameron said but Janae put her hand up to him.

“Tavy? Hey! Are you busy? I really need you. No, I’m not okay. You need to get to Taylor’s place right now…yeah, your husband and your brother-in-laws have been being sneaky, lying and scheming. I can’t tell you any of this over the phone. Okay. I love you, too. Bye,” Janae said as she closed her phone and rolled her neck at Cameron.

“I know she didn’t know about this. You’re gonna get it too,” Janae replied as Cameron sighed.

Taylor walked over to Janae and pulled her hands into his. His hazel eyes locked onto hers, his head bent so that he could concentrate on her face. “Janae, I know you’re pissed right now, but I did what I had to. I did this for you and for Tav. I enlisted Cameron and Logan to help, but it was my idea. I couldn’t let him get away with what he did, baby girl. I just couldn’t. Nay, say something.”

Janae slowly pulled away and whispered, “I’m going to use the bathroom, and wait for Tavy in your room. I need a minute,” she replied as she walked away. Taylor looked after her and ran his hand twice through his hair.

“Got damn it! I didn’t mean for her to find out this way,” Taylor said. Logan pat him on the shoulder.

“She was going to find out eventually, lil’ brother. When you get a chance to really talk to her about it, maybe she’ll get why you did it. I know I do. I wish we could have done some bodily harm to that fucker, but when he doesn’t pay off those debts, he probably won’t be breathing long,” Logan replied as Taylor nodded and looked in the direction of where Janae went.

“I did it for her…and for Tav. He should be in jail for what he did and their, and I say this loosely, “mother” deserves an ass whippin’ of massive proportions. Nobody fucks with my family and gets away with it. I just wanted a little justice for my baby and my sis,” Taylor said as he sighed.

“We know. Do I look angry to you? I’m happy as hell that that bastard and that bitch of a wife of his are broke. Just…don’t be too hard on yourself. You did the right thing,” Cameron replied.

They all nodded and waited for Tavin to arrive. Janae walked out of the bedroom when she heard the doorbell ring, trying to keep herself together. Tavin walked in the apartment, and placed her jacket and purse on the foyer table. She ran a hand through her windswept, chin length dark brown hair and put her hands on her hips. She looked around at the three Caldwell men and knew something serious was going on. Janae walked over to her and threw her arms around her neck.

“Hey you guys, what’s up? Doodles…hey sweetie. I came as soon as I could,” Tavin said, hugging her little sister back.

“I’m so glad you’re here, Tavy,” Janae replied as Tavin stroked her back for a few seconds, then pulled her away to look into her eyes.

“I’m here…I’m always here for you, you know that, but I need to know what’s going on. Tell me,” Tavin said as Janae looked over at them.

“Why don’t you ask the three musketeers what’s going on?” Janae asked as Taylor sighed.

Tavin focused her attention on Cameron, Logan and Taylor, then she spoke. “Alright, out with it. What happened? What did you do…Taylor…Cameron…Logan? Who’s ass am I going to have the pleasure of kicking first?” Tavin asked, her eyes narrowing at the three brothers.

“Tav…you and Doodles need to sit down,” Logan replied.

“Yeah, because you’re going to need the time that it takes for her to get up and beat yalls asses to get a head start to get away,” Janae replied as she and Tavin sat next to each other on the sofa.

“Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on? Now!!” Tavin exclaimed as Taylor and Cameron told her what they did and how Lawrence and Delia Bromwell were now paupers. Tavin pulled away from Janae and stood up and paced while she processed the information that she just received. Several minutes passed, then Tavin looked over at her brother-in-laws, then her gorgeous husband and said, “All I want to know is…Why didn’t you let me in on it?”

“We didn’t want to get you involved, Lovely,” Cameron replied.

“Tav…you would have wanted to be a part of this mess?” Janae asked shockingly. She knew her sister was strong, but she had a good heart and she figured this would affect her the same way, but she was wrong.

“You damn right I would have. First of all, I could give two fucks about your father and our mother. Second, do you have any idea what I went through…what they did to me, what they took from me…what they did to you?! I’m sure you remember all the counseling sessions and sleepless, tear filled nights that you had, Doodles, because I sure as hell do. Third, I don’t need their money…I don’t want their money. But you deserve it and if this is the way they get their come-uppance than I say Woo-fuckin’-hoo! It’s about damn time they get a little of what they dished out,” Tavin replied animatedly as Cameron stared at his wife. Tavin caught his eye and nodded, telling him without saying anything that she wasn’t angry and she loved him. Cameron nodded back, displaying his love for her in his eyes.

“But Tav, two wrongs don’t make a right,” Janae said.

“No, they don’t. But they damn sure feel good,” Tavin said as Cameron, Taylor and Logan watched the rebuttal that was occurring between Janae and Tavin.

“Tavin, me owning those dealerships can’t give us back our innocence, our childhoods,” Janae replied.

“No, but it gives me a sense of redemption. Justification. Satisfaction. Just knowing that Delia and Lawrence Bromwell don’t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of makes me feel…I don’t know…avenged,” Tavin replied.

“Tavin…you know this isn’t right!” Janae exclaimed. Tavin took in a deep breath and looked at her younger sister. She wasn’t afraid to speak out about her abuse anymore and besides, this was her family…they knew. It was okay to say what she was about to say.

“Being raped at 16 over and over in my bedroom wasn’t right. Being called a lying little slut wasn’t right. Being told that it was my fault because of the way I looked wasn’t right. Being exiled to live with another family because my mother didn’t want me around to temp her pervert of a fucking husband wasn’t right. Being told by my mother that she couldn’t leave said pervert, and that my situation with her husband was going to “mess up” her good thing wasn’t right. Being told that sometimes women have to endure things that we don’t want to, to get what we want wasn’t right. Being stripped of my self-esteem and self-worth wasn’t right. Not being able to be a real sister to you and watch you grow up wasn’t right. Giving a 15 old girl to her 26 year old sister to raise because she couldn’t lose her husband and her lifestyle wasn’t fuckin’ right, Doodles! Right now, I know that I’m not supposed to be excited about this and be glad for vengeance, but I am! I have every right to be! And so do you! Take the money…sell those dealerships for a buck for all I care. Take the money and open your studio. Take it and give it to some of those “rumored” girls that we know your father molested…it won’t take away the pain of what he did, but it could help in some kind of way. Janae Aleese Bromwell, Taylor did this because HE LOVES YOU! Cameron and Logan were in on it because they LOVE US! Do you know that my husband wanted to go back home and beat the living shit out of your daddy, but I stopped him. I didn’t want my man in jail for murder and it wasn’t worth it at the time, but this…this was genius…no violence, nothing illegal…just stripping them of what they love the most…their money. Little sis, I have never lied to you and I won’t lie to you now…I’m glad they did it. I can’t make you think that this is a good thing, but I can say that whatever happens to your father and my mother…they deserve it. And I won’t feel sorry about that. I refuse to. My days of feeling sorry for myself because of Delia and Lawrence Bromwell are long past gone. So, you do what you want, but before you crucify Taylor and ‘nem, you need to realize that this was done from love…something that our mother and your father never did for either one of us and that’s all I have to say. Baby, can we go?” Tavin asked as Cameron walked over to her and pulled her in his arms.

“Yeah. Doodles…we didn’t mean to make you mad but…maybe you’ll understand why we did it. T…call me later,” Cameron said as Taylor walked over and dapped his brother’s hand. Tavin stared at Taylor and said, “You…come here.”

“You’re not going to hit me, are you Tav?” Taylor asked as Tavin smiled lightly and pulled him into a tight hug.

“I’m never going to forget this, you hear? Thank you,” Tavin whispered as tears ran down her face.

“No need, sis. I don’t let people get away with hurting my fam…that’s just how it is,” Taylor said as he hugged her back. Cameron looked at his little brother and nodded his head. Tavin and Taylor let go of their hold on each other and smiled. Janae just looked at her sister.

“I love you, Doodles…I know we disagree on this, but just think about what I said. Come on babe, let’s go,” Tavin said as she pulled Cameron out of the door. Logan left with them and left Janae on the sofa, staring into space. Taylor knelt in front and lightly placed his hands on her knees. He put his hand under her chin until she was looking him directly into the eyes. He knew she was thinking about everything that her sister said and she needed time to process.

Taylor began to speak. “I knew if I told you what I wanted to do you would have stopped me and I had to do this.”

“You damn right I would have stopped you! Why would you think that I would have wanted their money?” Janae asked.

“It’s not about you wanting the money or needing it. It was about taking it away from them so they could suffer just a little bit…the way that you and Tav did. It was about taking their precious dollars because they pissed all over you two,” Taylor said.

“But, I’ve had counseling and I’m living my life. I didn’t care anymore…,” Janae began, but Taylor cut her off.

“That’s bullshit, babygirl and you know it. You still have nightmares and you cry out no and stop and why in your sleep. You still cry in your sleep sometimes. When your mother calls you, you go into this funk that takes you a day or so to get out of. Don’t tell me that what they did still doesn’t affect you! I know it does…I’m here with you to see it!” Taylor exclaimed.

“But Taylor, you should have discussed this with me,” Janae said softly.

“No I shouldn’t have. You believe in the goodness of people and people changing and I love that about you. But, some people don’t change…some people just ain’t good and some people deserve to get got…if you think about it, you know this couldn’t have happened to a more deserving couple,” Taylor said as Janae sighed, thinking about how angry she was when she first heard about what Taylor did, but minutes later, she did feel some satisfaction at the fact that her parents got what was coming to them. She didn’t say anything at this time. She just listened to Taylor speak.

“Baby, I’ve read about abuse in the newspapers and I’ve seen the stories on TV and I know people do shitty things to their own family, but I never thought I would have encountered it with you and Tav. I mean, your parents just threw you away. They threw YOU and Tav away. They hurt you! You and your sister came into our family and made it happier, stronger. You’re some of the strongest, sweetest women I know and I couldn’t fathom someone doing what they did and just getting away with it. I just couldn’t let them think that this was over…they had everything that they wanted while you and Tav were going through hell. I couldn’t let that slide…I wouldn’t let that slide. Why? Because you didn’t deserve that and I love you. So, if you’re pissed…be pissed. But I’m not changing a thing…I would do it again. For you…I would do anything. And that’s all I have to say about it,” Taylor said as Janae held her head back and sighed. Taylor was stubborn as hell and when he made up his mind, no one could stop him. She sat in silence for several minutes, just thinking about what he did and it did make her feel a little happy that they didn’t have anything. She knew she shouldn’t feel that way, but Taylor hit a nerve when he said she wasn’t completely over what happened. She would never be completed over the feeling of being molested and discarded, but she put on a brave face. The fact that he would do this just to give her a little of herself back made her love him all the more.

Janae stared into Taylor’s eyes and said, “What you did must have cost a lot of money? Why don’t you keep the dealerships and sell them to get your money back?”

Taylor sighed as he took both of her hands in his and looked up into her pretty face. “Baby…don’t worry about what it cost…I have money. I didn’t do this to make a profit for me…I did this for you. You do understand that right? It was hard listening to what happened to you and Tav and once I got to think about it, it was just wrong that you two had to go through that. It was wrong that these people that are your parents did that to you and that they were just walking around footloose and fancy free without a care in the world. It’s wasn’t right and this was something I knew that I could do to cause them a fraction of the pain that they caused you and Tav, so…I did it and I’m not sorry for it. You mess with the people that I love and you get dealt with. It’s as simple as that and I’m not apologizing for it either. I’m not going to say I’m sorry for getting back at them…they deserve far worse,” Taylor said as his fingers ran circles over her soft, warm hands.

Janae sighed as she turned her head and processed everything. There was silence for several minutes and then she looked into Taylor’s hazel eyes. Taylor wasn’t malicious or evil…he did this for her…for Tav. Janae finally let everything sink in and tears began to run down her face. Damn…he really did love her.

“I just can’t believe you would do this for me…for my sister,” Janae whispered as Taylor gently wiped a few tears away from her face with his fingers.

“You should know by now that I do what I can for the people I love…that’s Tav and you. You know that I love you more than anything in this world, don’t you?” Taylor asked as he smiled softly at her, one of his hands running through her hair.

“Yeah…I do. What should I do with those things?” Janae asked.

“Anything you want. They’re yours. I can help you do whatever you want to do with them, baby. Just say the word. But, um, before we get into all of that, there is one thing that I really want you to do for me,” Taylor stated.

Janae smiled. “What’s that?”

“Keep loving me and making me the happiest dude on the planet,” Taylor said still looking into her eyes as Janae laughed.

“You got that…always,” Janae said softly.

“So that means I got you…always…forever?” Taylor asked.

“Yes,” Janae whispered.

“Okay. Well, since you said that and you mean it, here,” Taylor said and Janae looked and her eyes caught onto the most beautiful diamond ring she had ever seen. Platinum, princess cut, 5 carats with diamond baguettes on the side…perfect, she thought.

“Whoa,” Janae said staring at it. Taylor grinned as he slid it onto her ring finger.

“When did you…how long have you…what made you?” Janae asked, but Taylor put a finger to her lips and continued to smile at her.

“I’ve been thinking about this for awhile and I bought it months ago, but the time never seemed right and I was going to do it big…close down Giselle’s for the night, wine you and dine you, make it something memorable. But, something just kept telling me to just do it and I decided to do it now. I know I’m not perfect and I know I piss you off at times and I’m a little too mouthy for my own good, and my job is demanding as shit, but I love you…only you. My heart belongs to you, babygirl…there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do for you, but I want you to do this for me. I want you to be my wife, Janae. Will you marry me, baby?” Taylor asked, not realizing how fast his heart was beating or how short his breath was coming. He can’t believe he just did that! And he wasn’t scared or unsure…he just wanted her.

Janae looked at her finger, the ring shining in all its splendor and then at Taylor. He was so beautiful, she thought as she took in a deep breath. She loved this man from the moment she laid eyes on him. Of course she was going to say yes. Janae placed her hands on his face and kissed him softly on the lips, then whispered, “Yes…I would love to marry you, Taylor Antonio Caldwell. Yes!”

Taylor let out a sigh of relief and wrapped his arms around Janae’s waist and placed his lips softly against hers. Janae’s hands caught in the hair on the nape of his neck and kissed him back.

“You’re not going to be sorry, baby…I promise,” he whispered between kisses looking into her eyes. Janae pulled his bottom lip gently between hers, then released it, making him groan as she lightly nibbled on his lips.

“I know I won’t. I mean, since I didn’t get the big whoopla of you asking me, I do get the big wedding with the beautiful dress and the hundreds of people, right?” Janae asked as Taylor’s tongue stroked hers. He let out a low chuckle and looked into her eyes.

“You can have whatever you want…just keep kissing me and tell me that you love me,” Taylor whispered as Janae stroked her tongue against his, smiling the entire time.

“I love you,” Janae whispered. Taylor stood up, not breaking the kiss, and picked her up. Janae wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck.

“I love you, too…and I want you. I want you so bad, baby,” he whispered as he walked to his room, but Janae put her hands on either side of him and held onto the archway that led to his room.

“Then take me…right here…right now,” Janae said staring into his eyes and licking her lips as Taylor let her slide down his body with a groan.

“Oooh…right here…in the middle of the hall?” Taylor asked as he watched Janae take off her clothes.

“Yep,” Janae said as she unzipped her jeans and threw them, then her panties, then her bra and her long sleeved tee.

"You know I'm down for whatever...especially if it involves you with your fine ass and sex in obscure places? Shit...sign me up," he said with a grin, staring at her as she stripped out of her clothes.

“Damn…diamonds bring out the freaky in you, huh girl,” Taylor said slowly looked over her naked body and licked his lips. All he wanted to do was tear her up, he thought as his eyes hungrily raked over her. She was so beautiful, he thought as he pulled his t-shirt over his head as he unbuttoned his slacks, took off his belt and pulled his pants and his boxers down his legs and off.

Janae stood in the archway with her arms on either side of it with her legs spread open. Taylor growled. “No, not diamonds…just you. The way you love me does. So, are you gonna do the damn thing to me or what?”

Taylor let out a loud groan and pulled her to him. Janae held on to the wall as Taylor held them up and slowly sank her wet sex onto his hard length. They both let out loud moans at the intrusion and Janae worked herself up and down on Taylor while he held them up.

“Oh…so you’re gonna work me today, huh?” Taylor asked as he licked her neck and bit his lip as the inner muscles of her pussy tightened around his dick as she moved up and down. She felt so good…so wet…so right.

“For a little while…then I want you to take it from where I leave off. Is that alright with you?” Janae whispered as she looked down into his face. She loved to see how she affected him.

Taylor’s eyes closed as Janae worked her wet, tight sex on him. “Shit baby…whatever you want. Oh fuck me…it’s so good, Janae…so fuckin’good,” he whispered.

Janae’s head went back for a minute as she rotated her hips. He felt so hard and hot inside of her…so incredible. “I know it is…I know.” Janae worked her hips for a few more minutes on him and then he gripped her tighter to him and began to thrust up into her, stroking her to pleasure.

“Hold on baby,” he whispered as his strokes began to go deeper, harder and longer.

"Cum for me, baby...you know you want to," he whispered as he hit her spot extremely hard and Janae felt like she burst into flames as she came. She yelled out his name and her arms began to get weak. Taylor wasn’t through with her yet and he lowered her gently to the floor, pulled out of her and began to suck her clit and her pussy into his mouth. She was so wet and the taste of her…he needed to taste her.

“Oh my god!” Janae moaned as her hands went into his hair, scraping her fingers against his scalp through that gorgeous hair of his to keep his head where he was.

Taylor smiled, loving the way her fingers felt in his head and whispered as he ate her, “No, not God sweetheart…just Taylor.”

“Umm…please, Taylor, don’t stop,” Janae whispered as she tried to close her legs because the sensation was just too great.

“I won’t,” he whispered, His hands went to her thighs and he spread her legs wider, licking the seam of her twice, then sucking her into his mouth. Janae’s leg began to shake as she felt his tongue and mouth catch hold of her clit once more and she screamed, “I’m cumming…oh…shit!”

As she came, Taylor licked his lips and slipped back inside of her, growling at the way she sucked him in. He pulled her right breast into his mouth and sucked it hard the way she liked it as he moved inside of her.

Janae could only breathe and enjoy what Taylor was doing to her. His lips found hers and he kissed her as he stared into her eyes, breaking the kiss to say, “It’s going to always be like this, baby…always. You believe me?” he asked as he stroked harder into her.

Janae looked into his eyes as her muscles clenched around him once more, wrapping her leg tighter around him. “Yes…that feels so good…just don’t stop.”

Taylor grinned at her, kissed her, then stroked into her harder, deeper and faster. “I won’t, baby...I won't,” he whispered as his head went into the crook of her neck, kissing her softly along the side of her neck, not wanting the feeling to end.