Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 20

One week and a half later

Delia glanced at her checkbook one last time. This was her final chance…her only hope. Her daughters were her only chance at salvaging a decent life for herself.

She knew she should have been a little smarter, but she wasn’t and it was her fault. But, she wouldn’t shoulder all of the blame…her stupid ass husband who decided to be careless with their finances was the main culprit and now, she had nothing.

How in the hell did Janae get that boyfriend of hers to buy those dealerships? Delia knew how and she laughed as she brushed her long, black hair.

“Like mother, like daughter,” Delia said as she grinned at her reflection in the mirror. If there was one thing that she did give her girls that they couldn’t deny was hourglass figures and pretty faces…just like hers. They could deny her all they wanted to, but when they looked in the mirror or dressed themselves, it was her body that they inherited, her nose, her eyes. That was something that they couldn’t take away.

“They still have my blood running through their veins. I’m still their mother. Who do they think they are?” Delia asked herself as she continued to brush her hair and think.

Delia began to ponder about the foolish man that she married. From what the federal agent told her, the idiot didn’t even know who bought the dealerships. He didn’t care. He just wanted his cash. How did he sell both dealerships then squander all of the profits from the sale? She just couldn’t wrap her head around that issue.

As Delia looked at herself in the mirror of the hotel room that she was staying in, she sighed. She knew that this was just a bump in the road. She was still beautiful and young looking. All she had to do is get more chummy chummy with her rich boy toys and find her a new husband. She already got $5,000 from one of them and the other was paying for her stay in this lovely hotel in New Orleans, provided that she return a few favors for him, which she didn’t mind. Men were so easy, she thought as she brushed her hair out.

She pawned her wedding rings and got a sizeable amount of money for them, not wanting to have the memory of her marriage to that sick bastard Lawrence Bromwell. It was amazing when they asked what to do with his body. She told them to cremate him, the sooner the better. She didn’t even attend the services. He didn’t deserve her presence after what he did to her.

She had to plan her visit to the tee and she had to know exactly what to say. She knew Tavin wasn’t going to have any part of her or assist her, but Janae was a different story.

Janae was a sweet girl who could easily be manipulated. She didn’t care what her bitch of a sister said. She was going to talk to Janae and see what she could get out of her. She was more than sure that Janae would help her. She just had to say the right things and give her the song and dance about honoring thy mother and thy father and Janae would be putty in her hands. She wouldn’t call her or alert her of her upcoming visit because Tavin would definitely put a stop to it.

No, she would just have to pop up and have a heart to heart with her child. It wasn’t like she didn’t love them. She gave birth to them. They were apart of her. She just didn’t…well, she really didn’t have much room for them in her life. It was as simple as that.

The key to this was to get Janae alone without Tavin’s interference. If Tavin found out, then she definitely wouldn’t get anywhere. But, if she had time to work on Janae, then she would definitely be okay.

“Baby…what’s taking you so long? I’m waiting,” the portly, older white man said from the bed.

Fucking nasty, fat bastard, she stated to herself.

“I’m coming, Charles. You’ve been waiting all day for it…you can wait a few more minutes,” she replied as she stood up and walked over to the king size hotel bed that the overweight, stock broker lay in.

He just doesn’t know how much he’s paying for this good time, but he’ll soon find out, Delia said to herself as she lay next to him in the bed and gave her most devastating smile.

“Here I am, lover. Are you ready?” Delia asked as the man grinned at her half nude body and began to lick her neck as she cringed.

This is only going to take five minutes with that little dick of his…then he can give me some cash, go to sleep and go, she thought as Charles smiled down at her.

“Here I come baby,” Charles replied as he leaned down to kiss her on her beautiful, full lips that held a false smile. Yes, I know you're...you're going to be cumming real soon she thought.

And so am I...right to Janae, she thought as the large man spread her thighs.

************************************************************************

Her father was dead.

Lawrence Bromwell had been murdered and tossed into a lake, barely recognizable once he was pulled from his liquid tomb.

The man that provided the sperm for her existence was dead…and she was still here on earth...very much alive…still breathing, still living.

The man that was supposed to love and protect her and her sister, but did exactly the opposite, was dead, and she didn’t know how she was supposed to feel about it.

Tavin, Cameron and Taylor sat her down and told her several days ago and she was pretty indifferent at the time. She didn’t really feel anything because he was never a father, so she was confused. Was she supposed to cry and feel something because he was her biological father? Was she supposed to be glad that such an evil man got what he deserved? What was she supposed to feel?

As she was getting dressed to go see Danielle, these thoughts played through her mind. As she was combing her hair, a fully dressed, incredibly hot in his tailored suit Taylor came up behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her on the cheek.

“You just love to scare me, don’t you?” Janae asked as she pulled the comb through her shoulder length tresses, all thoughts concerning her dead father immediately floating away when she felt Taylor’s solid, warm body against hers.

“I didn’t mean to. I just couldn’t resist. You’re just too sexy, baby,” Taylor said as his lips ventured to the smooth skin of her neck, placing light kisses along it. Taylor inhaled her scent and wrapped his arms tighter around her, making sure he kissed her neck the way she liked it.

Janae put the comb down and put her arms on top of Taylor’s and gave in to his kisses, feeling tingly all over. “Well, since you put it like that, it’s okay. You look so good today.”

Taylor grinned against her skin. “Thank you and please, please stop that.”

Janae smiled as she grinded her bottom against his erection. “Stop what?”

Taylor looked at the innocent look that Janae placed on her face as he looked at their reflection in mirror. “Rolling that sexy, round ass of yours on my boy. You know you ain’t right, babygirl.”

“You started it. You know what those kisses do to me, Taylor,” Janae said softly as his lips continued to caress her neck.

“Yes, I do, but you know I love when you roll that ass on me and we really don’t have the time to get down like that this morning. I have two back to back meetings with the investors and I just want to tackle them, and get it over with,” Taylor replied as he placed his chin on her shoulder.

“They work my man way too hard,” Janae said as she rubbed her hands along his.

“They do, don’t they?” Taylor responded as Janae smiled at him in the mirror.

“Yes they do. Will you be free later to look at another building today? How long are you going to be meeting? All day?” Janae asked.

“I think they’re supposed to last until about 12pm. What time did you need me?” Taylor asked.

“The appointment for the showing is at 2pm,” Janae stated as Taylor closed his eyes and did a mental check in regards to his schedule.

“I can do that. Can you meet me at my office and we can just ride together?” Taylor asked.

“Sure. Oh, and I’m not going to rehearsal today. I’m going to spend the morning with Dani, so can you drop me off at Brandon’s…I mean Dani and Brandon’s,” Janae said as Taylor nodded his head as he played with a few strands of her dark brown hair.

“Yeah, that’s cool. Janae, are you alright?” Taylor asked.

“Yeah, baby, I’m fine. Really,” Janae replied as Taylor kissed her neck.

“You know that I love you, right?” Taylor asked as his hazel eyes bore into her brown ones in the mirror.

Janae smiled as she reached back with her left arm and ran her hand through his hair. “Yes, and I love you, too. I’m just anxious to spend some Q.T. with my girl, that’s all. After finding out about my father, I just want to chill out for the day and have fun with Danielle. I need that.”

“Yeah, you need some fun. You know if you want to talk some more, I’m here babygirl,” Taylor replied as she turned around and looked up into his eyes, hooking her arms around his neck. Janae leaned forward and kissed Taylor softly on the lips. Taylor’s tongue slowly explored her mouth as Janae ran her tongue along his.

“I know that Taylor and if I need to, I’ll let you know. Do you think you have time to bring me to Estrella’s before you drop me off at Dani’s? It seems that the mommy to be has been craving their chocolate chip bagels,” Janae replied as Taylor. Taylor pecked her lightly on the lips and smacked her on her denim skirt clad bottom, then gripped it in his hands.

“If you give me some more luscious I can,” Taylor replied as Janae stood up on tiptoe and kissed him softly, but passionately on the lips, a soft moan escaping her lips. Taylor groaned after hearing her moan and then he cupped her ass tighter as Janae lightly ran her fingers through his scalp, then she lightly licked his ear with the very tip of her tongue, making him groan loud, pulling him closer to her. Janae wanted to crawl inside of him, that’s how good he felt and how good his kisses were.

After the kiss, Taylor licked his lips and looked down into her eyes, loving the emotions that were running through his body because of the woman that he held and her kisses. He could only say one thing to her after the kiss that they shared. “Damn girl.”

“Umm, I know. Wow. Baby, my toes are curling,” Janae said as Taylor sucked her bottom lip softly between his lips, then let go, making Janae more moist then she already was.

“Babygirl, more than my toes are curling. I know you feel that,” he replied as she smiled.
Taylor ran his thumb slowly over her kiss-swollen lips, staring into her eyes.

“I do. It would be a shame to waste all of this,” Janae replied as her hand stroked his hardness through his tailored slacks. Taylor groaned.

“You know waste not, want not are words that I live by,” Taylor stated.

“Sure they are, Taylor,” Janae said as she laughed.

“I mean, it would only make the day a little brighter, a little better and you can’t send me to work with blue balls, Nay. That just ain’t right,” Taylor said as her hands went to his tie and undoing the knot.

“When you’re right, you’re right,” Janae said as his hands began to slide up her thighs. Janae moaned his name. Taylor allowed a low, sexy chuckle to escape his lips as he nibbled on her bottom lip, then pressed another kiss to both lips.

“Wait a minute. You said we didn’t have time. I thought you said we had to go because of your meetings and stuff,” Janae teased, allowing Taylor to pick her up and place her on the bathroom counter. Janae’s hand quickly shed his suit jacket as his fingers went to lift her skirt over her hips, then moving to hook into the sides of her panties. Janae helped Taylor with his belt and his pants as he swooped his head down and captured her lips once more as his eyes narrowed, staring into hers.

“Oh, to hell with that. I can be a little late. But, I can’t wait another minute to fuck you. I need to be inside of you…right now. I just can’t get enough of you, baby,” he whispered as her hands fumbled with his slacks and his fingers caressed her sex, kissing her once more.

Taylor kissed her neck and grinned against her ear as he whispered, “You’re so wet, baby…you’re so ready for me.”

Janae moaned as his fingers glided across her slick sex, licking her lips as her head fell back and her body moved against the strong, long fingers that entered her, stroking her. Taylor watched the enjoyment on her face as his fingers moved inside of her, anticipating the moment when he entered her, loving the way that her hot wetness clenched his fingers.

“You know this is going to take a minute,” Janae whispered as his thumb applied a sweet pressure on her clit, making her moan louder. Those fingers of his always did something to her.

Taylor laughed as his tongue licked her neck. “Don’t worry about that, babygirl. We’ve got nothing but time.”

**************************************************************

An hour later, Janae walked into Brandon and Dani’s penthouse, smiling with a bag of bagels and muffins. Taylor followed her up with the drink holder.

Danielle was lying on the couch, watching the morning news when Janae walked over to her. Danielle sat up and grabbed the bag from Janae. Janae laughed as she watched her friend dig into the bag.

“Ooh, nice and warm. Morning, J, morning Taylor,” Danielle replied as Taylor walked over and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey. Are you feeling better?” Taylor asked as he sat the drinks on the glass coffee table in front of Danielle.

“Yes. The drugs help a lot with the pain. I just can’t wait until I can start rehabbing this shoulder so I can get back to work,” Danielle replied as Brandon walked out, dressed in a black suit, black shirt and royal blue tie.

“You’re rushing things a little, Dani. You’ve only been home a week. Would you just relax and give yourself time to heal, woman? Good morning, people,” Brandon replied as he dapped Taylor and kissed Janae on the cheek.

“Good morning,” Janae replied.

“So, I see you caved, huh?” Brandon asked, referring to the baked goods Janae bought.

“Yeah. I guess you heard her begging me for those bagels over the phone like a whino for a drink, huh?” Janae asked as they laughed.

“Uh huh. Spoiled brat,” Brandon replied as he watched Danielle slather cream cheese over her chocolate bagel, bite into it, then give him the finger.

“Been there, done that this morning,” Brandon replied as Danielle grinned, then Janae blushed thinking about her morning rendevous with Taylor.

“Well, well, well...it looks like we ain’t the only ones with the Hi-Pro glow, Brandon,” Danielle replied as Janae popped her on the arm and Taylor laughed.

“Play nice, baby. Do you need anything?” Brandon asked.

“Just for you to give me a kiss, then leave,” Danielle replied as Brandon leaned over her, placing both arms on side of her.

“You’re sick of me already?” Brandon asked.

“Um…yeah. But I love the kisses,” Danielle replied as she leaned forward and kissed Brandon on the lips. He grinned.

“I knew it…you just want me for my body,” Brandon replied.

“You damn right. Now, go to work. I have wedding stuff to discuss with Janae…about her wedding, not ours,” Danielle said as he kissed her again.

“Putting me out…man, not cool. T, you ready?” Brandon asked.

“Yeah. I’ll see you at 1:30pm, Nay?” Taylor asked as he pulled Janae close to him. He held both of her hands in his.

“Yes. Have a good one,” Janae replied as he leaned over and whispered in her ear.

“It’s already been good, especially when you started purring after I…,” Taylor began as his lips kissed her neck.

“Bye, Taylor. You’re already late,” Janae replied as he laughed, then kissed her on her lips. Janae grinned.

“Alright. I love you baby,” he whispered.

“I love you, too. Bye,” Janae said as she watched Taylor and Brandon leave. Danielle got up, looked out in the hallway, saw no sign of Brandon and grinned.

“Woo-hoo! Thank God! He’s gone to work,” Danielle replied as she walked back to the sofa. Janae sat next to her and grinned.

“Why are you so happy that he’s gone?” Janae asked as she grabbed a blueberry muffin out of the bag.

“Because he’s been getting on my last nerve! Don’t get me wrong, I love him. He’s been pampering me and it’s so sweet the way he’s taking care of me, but I can’t breathe! It’s like he’s trying to put me in a bubble of protection or something and him going to work is a very, very good thing,” Danielle replied as she slathered cream cheese on her second chocolate chip bagel.

“He just wants to keep you safe, girl. What happened to you scared the crap out of him…out of all of us. Be easy, Danielle,” Janae replied.

“I know, you’re right, but J, he’s tripping. Telling me some shit aout he thinks I shouldn’t go back to work until after I have the baby,”Danielle said, biting into the bagel.

“You might want to consider it. After you finish rehab and everything, you’re probably going to be showing. The company may put you on leave anyway,” Janae replied.

“I know, but damn, Nay. I don’t know if I can take sitting around here every day. I know he has my best interest at heart, but I like to be busy. You know I’m crazy about that boy, and he bought me this shiny, beautiful thing…,” Danielle replied grinning as she showed Janae her white gold, 5 carat engagement ring. Janae smiled.

“Oooh, it’s nice,” Janae replied.

“I know right? Oh and the fact that he makes me cum…really often and really hard is the only reason I haven’t acted like one of those women from Snapped with him. I know where it’s coming from, but it’s still annoying. Listen to me, complaining about a good man. I’m gonna stop. You gotta excuse me. I’m a little hormonal,” Danielle said.

“It’s cool. No worries,” Janae replied.

“Girl and the almost 360 that his bourgeious momma did has truly done me in. I mean, she actually came to see me twice and she calls to see how I’m doing. I think that she’s realized that I ain’t going anywhere and she’s been making an effort to get to know me. You want to know what I think truly has her in better moods? Brandon. He’s actually speaking to her and getting to know her too and that just makes her happy…that and Mr. Lanero who I suspect has been buttering her muffin really good lately,” Danielle said as Janae laughed.

“Oh, so she’s having good relations with the hubby?” Janae asked.

“J, if Brandon inherited his piece from his pops and she’s been deprived of that good dick for a minute, I guess I would be a bitch, too. Now she’s getting it again and getting it good? Hell, J. Good pipe makes the bitchiest of women heel,” Danielle said as Janae laughed.

“I know that’s right. So, I was thinking. You know I’m going to look at more studio space and I wanted to know if you would come in with me…as my partner…help me run the place?” Janae asked as Danielle squealed with excitement.

“Hell yeah! I would love to. We would be our own bosses,” Danielle stated.

“And, we’d be able to put on shows with more creativity and not be bound by the archaic guidelines and laws that most companies have,” Janae replied.

“You know how I am about rules…you know I’m down. Whenever you get the space, I want to see it. It’ll get my creative juices flowing,” Danielle said as Janae grinned.

“Cool. So, what do you want to have, Dani? A boy or a girl?” Janae asked excitedly.

Danielle smiled. “I would love to have a little boy, but if it’s a girl, it’s still okay. I can’t believe this is happening. Even with the puking and shit, I’m happy. I can’t wait to be a mommy, Janae.”

Janae smiled at her friend. “I know and I can’t wait to be a teedy again. It’s going to be great.”

Danielle pulled out a blueberry muffin from the bag and stared at her friend. She was putting on a good act, but something was bothering her and she wanted to know what it was.

“Have you heard from Delia since your pops was found sleepin’ with the fishes?” Danielle asked.

“No. Thank God. It’s just that seeing you so excited about having a baby just proves that there are women out there who want to be mothers and look at what I got stuck with. Why did she even have me or Tavin if she didn’t love us? Why did she choose that man to be my father?” Janae asked.

Danielle put down her muffin and sipped her milk. “Money makes a lot of people do stupid shit, J. That’s the only thing I can say in regards to your…Delia.” She knew Janae had more that she wanted to get off of her chest and she just waited so that she could listen to her friend.

“You know, I haven’t cried about his death. I mean, I really haven’t. I don’t know what I’m supposed to feel. He raped and molested my sister, he molested me…how am I supposed to react to the death of a man who was never my father? I mean, I cry when I hear about strangers on the news dying, but I can’t cry for this man. I can’t. I don’t know what kind of person that makes me,” Janae replied as Danielle put her hand on top of hers.

“It makes you human, Janae. I’m going to be honest. When I found out the bastard was dead, I smiled and I laughed. He got what was coming to him, J. Whatever you feel or don’t feel is completely understandable. This dude took some of your innocence, baby. Whether he was a stranger on the street or the dude that knocked boots with that bitch Delia is irrelevant. What he did to you and Tavin was fucked up and if you don’t cry, it just means he doesn’t deserve your tears and trust me, while that bastard is roasting in hell, he wish he could feel a damn tear,” Danielle replied.

“But I want to cry, just to get some of this shit out, Dani. I was glad when I found out that he was no longer breathing, but this is just so confusing. I mean, I’ve been to counseling. I understand the big concept that it wasn’t my fault and you can’t choose your parents, but I still want to cry,” Janae replied as Danielle sighed.

“Then cry. I’m not gonna think less of you. Crying helps to get out things that may cause us harm on the inside, girl. It cleans you out, kind of like a good shit. So, I suggest that you take a good shit and get it out. Get clean, Nay. You ain’t got to worry about me saying nothing,” Danielle replied.

“But I wouldn’t be crying for him. I want to cry because we shouldn’t have had to endure that! He shouldn’t have been able to live as long as he did! Delia should have gotten what he did, if not worse! And then, I thought that you were gonna leave me and… it’s just…everything is just so…,” Janae stated as tears began to run from her eyes. Danielle leaned over and hugged her friend to her and then Janae just began to cry.

“I know, girl, I know. Just get it out,” Danielle replied as she stroked Janae’s back and let her cry. This went on for about ten minutes, then Janae sat up.

"Now that was a good BM, huh?" Danielle asked as Janae laughed.

“Yes, it was. I feel a little better after that. I know I must seem really weak to you. I’ve been crying to you for years,” Janae said trying to make light of her episode.

“To survive in that got damn house all those years without killing Delia or Lawrence, and to deal with half of the shit that you’ve had to deal with, hell, ain’t nothin’ weak about you, girl. I think I would have gone stone crazy or gotten as high as I could, but you didn’t do that. Sometimes we have to deal with crap in our lives, J and trust me, you’ve had your share of hard shit to deal with, but I think that’s over. The only thing you need to look forward to is your future with that fine ass, sexy ass Taylor Caldwell…it takes you to find a man so fine he makes your teeth sweat,” Dainielle replied as Janae laughed.

“He is fine, huh?” Janae asked.

“Hell yes! And he loves you. So, let’s keep with the wedding planning and studio shopping and not give any more energy to the Bitch and the Beast, because they don’t deserve it. Alright?” Danielle asked as Janae sighed.

“You got that. So, what do you want to watch?” Janae asked.

“The Lord of the Rings,” Danielle said as Janae walked over to the DVD collection and pulled out the movie.

“Again?” Janae asked as Danielle sipped more juice.

“Hell yes. All those fine medieval men…girl Viggo Mortensen is fine as hell. Hell, Orlando Bloom with his fairy ass…,” Danielle began but Janae interrupted with a laugh.

“Elf…he’s an elf, Danielle,” Janae replied as she placed the movie in and sat next to her friend.

“Hell, elf, fairy, pixie, wizard…whatever the fuck he is, he’s sexy as hell with that blond hair and those blue contacts. Just watching him with that bow and arrow makes me wish he would pluck my ass,” Danielle said as the movie began and Janae laughed.

Danielle put her head on Janae’s shoulder and Janae said. “You’re a fool, Dani.”

“I know. But you love me, don’t you?” Danielle asked.

“More than you know, sis. More than you,” Janae replied as they settled back to watch one of their favorite movies, forgetting about their problems and enjoying each other’s company and the film.

***************************************************************

Taylor watched Janae as she walked around the empty building, her eyes wide with excitement. This was the second building that they had seen today and the 10th overall. Taylor was concluding a phone call as his eyes followed his fiancee’. She was so beautiful, he thought as he closed his phone and walked over to her. She was looking out of a huge picture window with a huge smile on her face.

Taylor walked behind her and hugged her by the waist. “So, I take it that you like this one?”

Janae turned around for a minute and smiled at him. “Yes. It’s perfect. It’s a little pricier than some of the buildings we looked at, but I want it. There’s so much potential here.”

“The price is still a little too high, babygirl, especially since it’s been on the market for 2 years. If we can talk them down by a couple of thousand, then I say yeah, but if not, we can find something else,” Taylor replied as Janae sighed.

“You’re the one who knows about all this stuff, so I’ll trust your judgment,” Janae replied as she kissed him on the lips, then smiled up at him.

“You’re in a better mood than you were earlier. I hope it wasn’t a guy that did that,” Taylor stated as Janae smiled.

“No…it was a few guys,” Janae replied.

Taylor’s eyes narrowed at her. “Excuse me?”

“The guys in Lord of the Rings, you silly man. Just hanging out with Danielle. I had fun,” Janae replied as he looked into her eyes.

“That’s good…but just to let you know…the thing about the guys wasn’t funny, ‘Nay. I don’t like sharing…I’m spoiled,” Taylor said as his arms wrapped tight around her waist.

“I know and I’m all yours,” Janae whispered as she smiled at him.

“Now that’s more like it. Don’t play like that, woman,” Taylor whispered before his lips met hers in a soft kiss.

“I thought you liked the way I played,” Janae said.

Taylor licked his lips and gave her that sexy grin of his. “Don’t get it twisted…I love the way you play. After we talk to the realtor, lets go home and have a play date.”

Taylor’s lips went to her neck and kissed her softly along the column of it as Janae moaned, “You read my mind.”

Taylor lifted his head from her neck and grinned as he stared down into her face. “I’m good at that…I thought you knew. I’m glad that you’re in a better mood, sweetheart…that you’re happy. That’s all I want. You do know that, don’t you baby?”

“Yes. But I know that isn’t all you want,” Janae whispered as she felt his hands grip her ass.

“I can’t get anything past you, can I?” Taylor asked as his head lowered and he brushed his nose against hers gently.

“Nope, you can’t,” Janae replied as she invited Taylor’s kiss, forgetting all about the bad and focusing on Taylor and his lips.