Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 7

Present Day

“Hey sis,” Taylor asked as he walked into the living room of Cameron and Tavin’s penthouse. Tavin smiled as he bent and kissed her on the cheek. She was sitting on the sofa folding laundry. Taylor sat next to her.

“Hey, baby boy. Working on a Saturday?” Tavin asked.

“Yeah, I had a meeting this morning, but I’m done now. Cam here?” he asked as he took off his suit jacket.

“No, he took the kids to the park. I had so much laundry to catch up on that I stayed behind. Hey, are you staying for dinner?” Tavin asked.

“Duh? Should you even ask? So, did Janae have an audition today?” Taylor asked.

Tavin gave a knowing grin and laughed. “Don’t even try it.”

“What?” Taylor asked with a laugh.

“You came here to see Doodles, huh?”

“Maybe…and my stomach was growling,” Taylor said as Tavin grinned.

“Uh huh. Don’t worry. I know what’s up. I have eyes and it’s cool. Besides, I don’t like that little boyfriend of hers anyway. I don’t know what it is…just… well, my sheisty radar is up,” Tavin said as Taylor smiled.

“Yeah, I get what you’re saying. Tav, Janae’s amazing,” he said.

“Oh, I know that,” Tavin said.

“And she’s …special to me…really special,” he said.

“Janae Aleese Bromwell was born special. Anytime she was in a room, it would light up. She just has this thing about her. She’s always been unique and loveable. Tell me something I don’t know,” Tavin said proudly about her younger sister.

“I care about her more than I realized, Tav and…I wouldn’t…,” Taylor said as Tavin grinned at him and patted his cheek.

“Boy, I know you. Besides, you’re not crazy. I would kill you if you hurt that girl. She’s been through enough. But it’s not me that’s going to hit the ceiling, then hit you when they find out. It’s your brother. So, be ready,” Tavin said.

“I know. Cam is going to wild out…I know he is, but I don’t care. Tav…what do you mean by she’s been through enough?” Taylor asked. He always knew that there was more to the story of Janae coming to live with them than Tavin and Cameron told them, but he never pressed it.

“Never mind. By the way, she’s in the studio,” Tavin said as Taylor grinned at his sister-n-law and walked back towards the dance studio, which was on the first floor. It was sound proofed and Cameron had it done when Tavin decided to move in with them all those years ago so that she could dance when she wanted. Tavin used it, but everybody knew it was Janae’s space. Taylor walked into the room and closed the door. Janae was dancing to “I Get Lonely” by Janet Jackson, which was weird. He loved to watch her dance. Janae was graceful, with raw power and was so energetic that you couldn’t help but watch her. She threw everything she was feeling into dancing. He decided to just stand against the wall, arms folded and watch as he listened to the song she was dancing to. Interesting, he thought to himself.

I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That lives in me my dear
Want no one but you
I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but

Sittin' here with my tears
All alone with my fears
I'm wonderin' if
I have to do
Without cha
But there's no reason why I
Fell asleep late last night
Cryin' like a newborn child
Holdin' myself close
Pretendin' my arms are yours
I want no one but you

I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but you
I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but

I still remember to the day
In fact it was a 3rd Monday
You came along
To be the one for me
Now I'm alone
Sittin' here by the phone
Call and say that you're ok
So that I'll have
The chance to beg you to stay
I want no one but you
I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but you

I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but

I get so lonely
(Every time
I see your face baby)
Can't let
(Every time
I hear your name)
Just anybody hold me
(Hard to believe
That you and me)
You are the one
(Are no longer)
That lives in me my dear
Want no one but you

I get so lonely
(Every time
I see your face babe, ooh)
Can't let
(Every time
I hear your name)
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That lives in me my dear
Want no one but

Gonna break it down,
Break it down,
Break it down
Gonna break it down,
Break it down,
Break it down
You know that I know
That I get so lonely
Thinking of you
I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but you

I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but
I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but you

I get so lonely
Can't let
Just anybody hold me
You are the one
That live in me my dear
Want no one but


Janae was in her own world, and four minutes into the song, as she was doing a double kick leap and a pirouette, she slid to the floor. When she looked up she saw Taylor staring at her. He wasn’t smiling, but the look that he had on his face was that of…awe and adoration? It was sexy and it was doing her in. She was suddenly a little self-conscious of her white sports bra and her extremely short lycra shorts and fishnet tights, especially the way Taylor’s eyes appreciatively roamed over her frame. Janae stood up and walked over to where her towel was and began to dry the sweat off of her body.

Can you be jealous of a towel, Taylor thought as he watched her dry herself. He thought she looked sexy with her hair up in a messy ponytail and that bra thingy and those shorts…those itty bitty shorts…damn, he thought as he stared at her. They way they cupped her ass was…now he was hating lycra.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Janae asked as he walked towards her, sipping bottled water. He was dressed in parts of his business suit, the black vest with matching slacks and white shirt. His tie was gone, the top two buttons of his shirt was opened, exposing that gorgeous, chiseled, tan chest of his and the sleeves of his shirt was rolled to the elbows. They stood in front of other. Taylor smiled down into her eyes as she looked up.

“I came to see my people…I came to see you,” he replied walking closer to her. Janae backed up. Taylor stepped forward.

“Uh huh. You came to get your grub on, too,” Janae said with a grin.

“That too,” he said as he stepped a little closer.

“So, you had to work on a Saturday, huh?” Janae asked as she stepped back. The next thing she knew, her back was against the bar and Taylor was standing right in front of her, too close for comfort. But she liked it…she loved it.

“Yeah. Had to go in. It’s amazing that you were dancing to that song when you’re seeing someone,” Taylor replied as her hands wrapped around the bar.

“It’s a good song to dance to,” she replied as he turned his head and laughed. He directed his gaze back to hers and smiled.

“Who do you think you’re trying to fool? Janae, I know you. You pick songs that mirror your emotions. That song is totally giving away that you and your…boyfriend are not all that you’re cracked up to be and you are tired of being alone and you’re thinking about someone else,” Taylor replied as he licked his lips, looking down into her eyes. He put either hand on side of her and boxed her in. How did she always get cornered by this man, she thought. Those eyes were doing her in as she stared at him.

“You have someone standing right in front of you that would guarantee that you wouldn’t have to be alone…someone who really cares about you…who really wants you, just you,” Taylor said, fighting the urge to kiss her.

“Really?” Janae asked, lost in the beauty of his eyes. He leaned closer to her, and his arms wrapped around her waist.

“Really. All you have to do is dump that chump and I’ll show you. I know that you’re thinking about me when you dance to that song, Janae, and not your whateva-the-hell-he is,” Taylor said as he slowly licked his lips.

Janae’s hands left the bar and went to the lapels of his shirt. He was so close and he felt so good. Why did he look at her with such intensity, she thought. He was the only man that ever looked at her like he could devour her whole.

“Why are you doing this now, Taylor?” Janae asked, as flashes of last year came to her.

“Because I love you, sweetheart, and I remember when I told you…last year… before I watched you get on that plane…you told me you loved me, over and over that night…baby, I know you remember, because I do,” Taylor said as he leaned down and kissed her. Janae stood on tiptoe, still clutching his shirt in her hands as she kissed him back, vividly remembering that night.
*********************************************************

Flashback--one year ago

She and Taylor had been hanging out almost every day that week…lunch, dinner, movie…anything they could find to do. Janae was to the point where she was regretting leaving. She wanted to stay with him and continue this wonderful feeling, but she knew she had to leave.

Her plane left Monday morning at 9:00am. Taylor cancelled a few appointments that morning because he wanted to bring her to the airport. He told her that he wanted her to stay with him that weekend, but she had things to do. The truth was, she was afraid. She wouldn’t let him know that, but she was. They had been doing so much kissing and touching that Janae thought she would explode. He dropped her off Saturday night and after he kissed her, leaving her feeling like a wet noodle, he cradled her face in his hands and leaned his forehead against hers.

She was so mature and had seen so much and experienced so many things…this wasn’t the same girl that left five years ago…Janae was a woman now and he definitely liked being with her.

“I don’t want you to go, Nay, I love you. Don’t go, baby girl,” he whispered, licking the taste of her delicious mouth off of his lips. Janae’s heart flip flopped inside of her chest. when he said that. She never wanting this feeling to end.

“I don’t want to, but, I have to. You know that,” she whispered, trying to catch her breath. He knew that she had to go back to work and when she returned, she would have something on her resume that would guarantee her a job with any dance company in the country. Her career was important to her and he only wanted the best for her…her happiness was important to him.

“I know, but it still doesn’t make this any easier. I don’t want you to leave me,” he whispered as she sighed, pulling him closer to her. The sexual tension between them had been getting thicker and thicker. Taylor wanted her so bad that he literally hurt. He took a deep breath, kissed her softly on the lips and leaned his head back against hers. Then, he tipped her chin and made her look in his eyes.

“Sorry it took me so long to tell you how I feel about you,” he whispered concerning his admission of his love at her party earlier that week. Janae smiled.

“That’s okay. It was so worth it,” she whispered.

“Janae, listen to what I have to say very carefully. Tomorrow, I’m going to call you. When I do, just answer yes or no. If you say yes, bring all your stuff with you and be prepared to spend the night…okay?” he asked, as he stared into those beautiful eyes of hers. He was putting the ball in her court. If she said no, he wouldn’t push it. But if she said yes, he was going to show her just how much she meant to him.

“And if I say no?” she asked as he gave her that gorgeous smile of his.

“I’m still going to kidnap you. Either way, I get you,” he said as she kissed him, her hand on the door.

“We’ll see. Goodnight,” Janae said.

“Goodnight Nay,” he whispered as she walked inside, closing the door. She leaned back against it, and sighed, then trotted off to her room.
*********************************************************

Flashback continued

Janae could barely sleep that night, for thinking about Taylor. The next morning, Janae jumped out of bed, brushed her teeth and washed her face. She was looking through her closet when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID, smiled and took a deep breath before she answered.

“Hello,” she replied.

“Good morning, beautiful,” he replied in that sexy voice of his. Janae felt tingly all over.

“Good morning. How did you sleep?” She asked.

“All alone... in my huge bed. I didn’t get much sleep. I was too busy thinking about you. You do know why I’m calling, don’t you?” he asked as she took a deep breath. Taylor didn’t realize he was holding his breathe until she spoke a breathy, “Yes” into the phone. He put the phone down and pumped his fists in the air, then picked it up.

“Okay. I’ll see you in an hour,” he replied.

“Okay. Bye,” she whispered as she closed her phone. Janae smiled, then went about getting ready for Taylor. She pulled on a red, satin cap sleeve blouse that was made like a corset with tiny buttons, low rise navy blue skinny jeans, a red and gold silk scarf, and red heels. She combed her shoulder length black hair around her face, which was wavy due to twisting it the night before. An hour later, Taylor was at her door smiling at her, and looking great in his usual baggy jeans, blue t-shirt, with his hat pulled down low, as usual. He helped her get her things into his car and they started their day.

They did normal stuff…they had lunch, they walked in the park, they went to a museum, things that he knew that Janae loved. When they arrived at his apartment, it was about 4pm. Janae kicked off her shoes and pulled her scarf from around her neck. She stood rubbing her hands up and down her arms. He just liked the fact that she was in his space, looking gorgeous and sexy as hell.

Janae looked over by the sofa to that rug where she and Taylor kissed for the first time. He walked up behind her and rubbed her arms.

“Did I tell you how good you look in red?” Taylor asked. Janae grinned.

“About 10 times today,” she whispered.

“Well, now it’s 11. Are you cold?” he asked.

“No…truth?” she inquired.

“Always,” he said.

“I’m a little nervous. I mean, I don’t know what to expect or to do…,” she whispered. His arms went around her waist as she leaned back into him. He kissed her on the cheek.

“Janae, do you trust me?” he asked, as his lips went to her neck, his tongue lightly licking the spot behind her ear. She leaned back into him more and adjusted her neck to give him better access. She was feeling those tingles again as she moaned.

“Mmm…Yes,” she whispered. He slowly turned her around and tipped her chin with his finger. He stared down into her eyes.

“Whatever happens or doesn’t happen, just know that you’re mine and I love you, okay? With everything that’s in me, I love you. I just want to be with you. Whatever you want to do, we’ll do. So tell me, what do you want to do?” he asked, trying really hard not to just attack her lips. He wanted her so bad. Janae cupped his right cheek with her hand. She was shaking, she wanted to be with him so much.

“I want to love you, Taylor…show me how to do that…show me what you like so I can make you happy,” Janae said staring up into his eyes with a smile on her face.

That smile made him want to climb mountains, leap buildings. He was crazy about this girl, he thought. Why did she have to be so sweet? He pulled her in his arms.

“You, right here, this close, makes me happy. You make me so happy, baby. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you for a year,” he whispered as he turned his head and kissed her palm.

Janae smiled as she stroked his cheek. “Let’s not think about that now. I’m sure that me just standing here isn’t making you that happy.”

Taylor grinned. “I would be a lot happier if you kissed me.”

Janae stood on tiptoe, even in her heels and latched her lips to his. Her hands caught in her favorite place, the nape of his neck, as his hands held her by the waist. As the kiss grew more intense, he pulled her closer, his hands gripping her behind. After the kiss, he leaned his forehead against hers.

“Come on, dance with me,” he whispered as his hands went around her waist. Her arms went around his neck as she heard one of her favorite songs, “Worthy of” come on. Taylor’s eyes never left hers as they swayed and did a light two step to the slightly uptempo song. He sang the words to her and she thought she was going to cry.

Worthy of

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Ohhh, Yeah, Yeah

Girl I find you so amazing
With everyday I learn more about you
The way you work day out and day in
And still find time for us too, yeah

I love the fact that you're there for me when I feel down
No matter what I'm going through
Lately I've been questioning myself
Am I good enough for you?

[CHORUS:]
Am I worthy of?
Am I man enough?
Am I strong enough?
To maintain this love
You've got me questioning (yeah)
Got me wondering (yeah, yeah)
Could I be that man?
That can keep you happy

I know that there'll be times when I'll be miles away
And you'll be all alone
I constantly fight my insecurities
When I can't reach you by phone

And, oh, Lord knows that I'm only human
So please forgive me if I ask so many silly questions
I know that you truly love me but
Fear has me second-guessing

Am I worthy of?
Am I man enough?
Am I strong enough?
To maintain this love
You've got me questioning
Got me wondering
Could I be that man?
That can keep you happy

Girl excuse my ways (excuse my ways)
I'm not trying to push your love away (your love away)
It's just that sometimes my imagination gets the best of me, yeah
I still love you baby everyday, yeah yeah

Am I worthy of?
Am I man enough?
Am I strong enough?
To maintain this love (to maintain this love)
You've got me questioning
Got me wondering (you got me thinking about myself)
Could I be that man (am I good enough for you)
That can keep you happy (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Am I worthy of?
Am I man enough?
Am I strong enough? (strong enough, yeah)
To maintain this love (to maintain this love)
You've got me questioning
Got me wondering (you got me wondering, yeah)
Could I be that man?
That can keep you happy

Yeah
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
I wanna keep you happy


“You don’t have anything to worry about. I love you so much. You’re everything I ever wanted…everything,” Janae said as she pulled him closer, as the next song came on. Janae kissed him and showed him that she meant her words. After their kiss, he ran his finger along her bottom lip and she lightly licked it. He groaned.

“You are the sweetest thing in the world…umm, you’re so sweet. Are you sure?” he asked, trying to catch his breath. Janae’s mind was only on one thing…him and what would happen. Janae nodded yes as they kissed again.

Present Day

After kissing her, he smiled. Her eyes were closed, her lips were swollen and puckered and she looked incredibly sexy. She licked her lips and he held her face in his hands as she looked up at him.

“Are you still going to act like you don’t remember, Nay? I know you do…I see it in your eyes. You remember how hard and thick I felt inside of you, how it felt when I was tasting you, loving you. You were so tight and warm, baby…you felt soooo good. I still remember the way you taste, Janae. I remember how you bit your lip, how your back arched, how you gripped the sheets when you came, baby girl, how you screamed my name. I remember. Don’t fight what you feel, Nay…please stop fighting it. I don’t want to fight about this. Tell me you remember, tell me,” he whispered as Janae felt the tears fall. He leaned his forehead against hers and wiped the falling tears from her face with the pad of his thumbs.

“I remember…I remember everything and I love you…I never stopped loving you,” Janae whispered as her arms wrapped tightly around his arms as she kissed him, all the memories flooding back.